Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 8, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, the style of this show still feels pretty much the same exact this time, we are introduced to Schaal and focusing more on her life. I hope the show gives her time to develop into a more mature character.

The OP song is alright, nothing too special but works for the anime. Again, there's the monster transformation with a sense of tragedy. I have a feeling this show will have a recurring trend throughout the season.

Kinda felt bad for Schaal's father even though he didn't stay long in this anime.
Stark700Jul 8, 2019 8:22 AM
Jul 8, 2019 8:31 AM

Apr 2016
Im not a manga reader, but aren't they skipping some stuff ? Like everything is happening so fast, even the new girl went from "I'll murder you you fuck" to "Hey, dont ya need a travel buddy ?" in like no time. Also im not feeling the emotions we are probably supposed to feel, like i don't actually care about events or characters.
Jul 8, 2019 8:45 AM

Aug 2013
So we got introduced to Schaal and she already ended up joining Hank.

The OP is alright though I prefer the ED.

Jul 8, 2019 8:48 AM

Jul 2014
Things are moving too fast, checked the manga out but this is exactly the pacing we get there too, tho with some minor changes like how Hank only got shot because he was still half-asleep and Nancy shooting tons of loads at him, and the end where it was Hank that told Nancy if she wants to learn the truth then follow him but we got the other way around here where its Nancy that proposed the idea.
Jul 8, 2019 8:58 AM

Sep 2017
RIP Charizard and Rhino
Jul 8, 2019 8:59 AM
Sep 2015
I've watch anime for decades but anime logic still amazed me.
You just kill my father so I'll travel with you!!!
Jul 8, 2019 9:06 AM

Aug 2012
Am I the only one that hates the MC and wants him dead? Yes, some of them did some crimes but it was no reason to kill them and the dragon was innocent. And he did all because he was in love with that insane woman. I do not get why the girl wanted to go with him. It would have been better to keep firing at him.
Jul 8, 2019 9:11 AM

Jun 2017
phantomfandom said:
I've watch anime for decades but anime logic still amazed me.
You just kill my father so I'll travel with you!!!

well not only that, 1 that bugging me how the hell they manage to make a dragon, hydra and siren with DNA of existing animal? XD
1 other thing that been mention on disqus, how the infantry still using muzzle loader + black powder rifle but MC have break open revolver with steel/brass case...
linuaJul 8, 2019 9:20 AM
Jul 8, 2019 9:20 AM

Jul 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Am I the only one that hates the MC and wants him dead? Yes, some of them did some crimes but it was no reason to kill them and the dragon was innocent. And he did all because he was in love with that insane woman. I do not get why the girl wanted to go with him. It would have been better to keep firing at him.

They literally say the beasts will lose control sooner or later, its bound to happen, no one is an exception, you see the dragon dad slowly losing himself when he just made a dragon roar in the middle of the night with his eyes glowing, did you want to wait for him to kill the villagers and his daughter before passing judgement? him losing control isn't a matter of him being able to choose you know.
Jul 8, 2019 9:23 AM

Aug 2012
Mythologically said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Am I the only one that hates the MC and wants him dead? Yes, some of them did some crimes but it was no reason to kill them and the dragon was innocent.

Yeah you're the only one who somehow has an opinion about the show despite clearly not having watched it lol

The soldiers lose control of their beasts, like what happened to the poison guy in episode 1. They go berserk and start killing shit. The same thing happened to the dragon lad halfway through this episode when he roared extremely loudly and killed all of that livestock. Their existence is clearly dangerous; how does it not make sense to kill them?
1. He did not kill humans
2. It is not proved he killed the livestock. It was just a supposition. It is possible the wonderful captain Hank did this.
3. I do not believe in condemning someone to death for a crime he has not yet committed but which he might commit
4. You say they lose control but is only what the crazy chick said. Is clear she does not really understand what is going on. The process brings out someone's inner darkness and materializes it as their physical form. Yet in some cases there is not enough darkness to cause the person to become a killer. This is what happened in the case of the dragon. At least that is how I see it.
5. I did watch the 2 episodes aired so far. Not sure why you said I did not watch it.
6. Even if they are all killers Hank does not have the right to kill them. He is even a bigger monster than them.
-Stray said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

They literally say the beasts will lose control sooner or later, its bound to happen, no one is an exception, you see the dragon dad slowly losing himself when he just made a dragon roar in the middle of the night with his eyes glowing, did you want to wait for him to kill the villagers and his daughter before passing judgement? him losing control isn't a matter of him being able to choose you know.

I have the bad habit not believing anything someone says without any proof just because they have a lab coat. Just because the crazy chick said it does not make it true. Also to all rules there are exceptions.
Jul 8, 2019 9:25 AM

Feb 2011
The blonde chick is a đź‘€
Jul 8, 2019 9:33 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This is just another cautionary tale about how people that were used in war end up getting discarded when the fighting is over.
Jul 8, 2019 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:

I have the bad habit not believing anything someone says without any proof just because they have a lab coat. Just because the crazy chick said it does not make it true. Also to all rules there are exceptions.

The proof was in ep1 when they saw one of their allies go berserk, the dragon dad was making random dragon roars in the middle of the night. Unless you think his roar was just him telling everyone "Goodnight"
He's a monster now, you can't take chances like that especially in their world where there's a high chance they can go berserk, they can destroy a whole village with its villagers at a blink of an eye. Too much of a risk.
Jul 8, 2019 9:37 AM

Dec 2017
Swagernator said:
Im not a manga reader, but aren't they skipping some stuff ? Like everything is happening so fast, even the new girl went from "I'll murder you you fuck" to "Hey, dont ya need a travel buddy ?" in like no time. Also im not feeling the emotions we are probably supposed to feel, like i don't actually care about events or characters.

nah, the manga is like that too, even shorter because the first chapter started when Nancy looking for Hank for a revenge, and then end up joining him. the part when his dragon father hanging out with his children is original from MAPPA i guess.

but the difference is that Hank is the one who ask Nancy to join him, not the other way around. sort to prove her whether or not his father and the rest of Hank comrades deserve to die or not after turning into wild beast.

because just like Will, Danny and the one who transformed in the last episode, only Hank who knows how dangerous they are if let loose because of how unstable they are
Jul 8, 2019 9:42 AM

Jun 2010
this anime is still very confusing.
Jul 8, 2019 9:45 AM

Jul 2015
I like how people in this show make quite reasonable decisions.
Like villagers not jumping the shark with torches and pitchforks and sending kids off.
But, of course, main girl's reason for seeking revenge is kinda dumb. That will obviously change.

Jul 8, 2019 9:56 AM

Aug 2012
-Stray said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

The proof was in ep1 when they saw one of their allies go berserk, the dragon dad was making random dragon roars in the middle of the night. Unless you think his roar was just him telling everyone "Goodnight"
He's a monster now, you can't take chances like that especially in their world where there's a high chance they can go berserk, they can destroy a whole village with its villagers at a blink of an eye. Too much of a risk.
Just because one person gone berserk does not mean all will. There are many unknown variables to how this works at least to us.
Mythologically said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
1. He did not kill humans
2. It is not proved he killed the livestock. It was just a supposition. It is possible the wonderful captain Hank did this.
3. I do not believe in condemning someone to death for a crime he has not yet committed but which he might commit
4. You say they lose control but is only what the crazy chick said. Is clear she does not really understand what is going on. The process brings out someone's inner darkness and materializes it as their physical form. Yet in some cases there is not enough darkness to cause the person to become a killer. This is what happened in the case of the dragon. At least that is how I see it.
5. I did watch the 2 episodes aired so far. Not sure why you said I did not watch it.
6. Even if they are all killers Hank does not have the right to kill them. He is even a bigger monster than them.

Doesn't matter that he didn't kill any humans lol. Do you go to the dentist after your teeth have rotted? The whole premise of the show is that the beasts lose control and go berserk.

Point 2 is just absurd lol. Dragon man clearly went berserk when his eyes lit up and he screamed. He's clearly the one who killed the livestock. "But it's possible that this happened!" is a ridiculous argument since it's possible for literally anything to happen. When you can't find your keys, it's possible that someone broke into your house without you noticing and stole them. Or you could've just misplaced them.

But it does matter.Ultimately even in that form he is still human. About the dentist analogy... I do not trust dentists so much
About #2 being ridiculous is called circumstantial evidence.
To conclude I believe in innocent until PROVEN guilty you seem not to.

Also even if he were guilty it was the job of humans to take care of him not Hank. Hank is not human.
Jul 8, 2019 10:11 AM

Jul 2017
First episode was cool but it's now ridiculous
Who the fuck returns a dragon, a top-secret military subject back to his village and just leaves him be?! "Oh this big dragon with godly powers is your father now you can keep him in your backyard we don't need his powers no more"
who wrote this shit and who permitted for it to get published, let alone making an anime adapdation of it
Jul 8, 2019 10:19 AM

Dec 2016
People keep saying that this is X times better than Fairy Gone, but I just don't see it.

The first part with Nancy and her dad in their backstory dragged out for ages. I understand that it's vital to flesh out Nancy and her reasoning to hunt down William and get some answers, but I personally felt that a lot of it was just padding. As a viewer I expected a follow up to Hank & the Chameleon guy. Yes we know he killed him because he's the MC, but I cannot stop feeling that there's a huge disconnection between him hunting the weekly beast and Nancy and her little house on the prairie story.

The part where the army just releases these supersoldiers into the countryside is idiotic at best. They invested time, money and human resources to create these super soldiers, and as soon as the war ends they just return them home in that state? They don't:

A) Keep 'em within reach for further investigation

B) Clean up their little mess with these super soldiers

People aren't going to question their ruler and the army for creating these creatures that will create biggers messes in the provinces along with making food shortage a bigger problem?

Now back to Nancy and her final encounter with Hank. She just joins Captain Hank because he's a cartoony action hero that speaks in one liners and she doesn't have the ability to pull out a bigger response from him. Her first reaction other than try a second time to dialogue or just punch him for an answer is that she will join him in his journey to kill more best soldiers like her dad just to get answers? How stupid is she, really?

Edit: made a correction on Hank the MC
KimurahJul 8, 2019 11:43 AM
Jul 8, 2019 10:23 AM

Jul 2017
Kimurah said:

The part where the army just releases these supersoldiers into the countryside is idiotic at best. They invested time, money and human resources to create these super soldiers, and as soon as the war ends they just return them home in that state? They don't:

A) Keep 'em within reach for further investigation

B) Clean up their little mess with these super soldiers

It gets even more stupid knowing that in the previous episode the same army was planning to get rid of their troublesome monsters
Jul 8, 2019 10:29 AM

Jul 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Just because one person gone berserk does not mean all will. There are many unknown variables to how this works at least to us.

And thats the risk that they shouldn't take, unless they prove otherwise, cause they've already seen what they are capable of. Hank is their captain, they made a vow with each other, when one becomes corrupt then a fellow team mate will end it for them.
That unknown variable you're willing to take can endanger thousands of lives when they've seen what they're capable of once they lose control. The dragon dad has already become a full dragon, he cant even revert back to human, the risk is too high. You can't put a sob Godzilla story in here where Godzilla has a will of his own whereas here they get robbed of their will once they completely transform into monsters, it was only a matter of time.
We're going back in circles, I've made my point, if you still cant buy it then do you.
Jul 8, 2019 10:41 AM

Aug 2012
-Stray said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

And thats the risk that they shouldn't take, unless they prove otherwise, cause they've already seen what they are capable of. Hank is their captain, they made a vow with each other, when one becomes corrupt then a fellow team mate will end it for them.
That unknown variable you're willing to take can endanger thousands of lives when they've seen what they're capable of once they lose control. The dragon dad has already become a full dragon, he cant even revert back to human, the risk is too high. You can't put a sob Godzilla story in here where Godzilla has a will of his own whereas here they get robbed of their will once they completely transform into monsters, it was only a matter of time.
We're going back in circles, I've made my point, if you still cant buy it then do you.
Fearful people like yourself are the most dangerous ones. Also a dragon that gives horsey rides and tills the soil is really dangerous. It reminds me of https://myanimelist.net/character/64651/Jinenji. I think you would be in the crowd that attacked him
Mythologically said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
But it does matter.Ultimately even in that form he is still human. About the dentist analogy... I do not trust dentists so much
About #2 being ridiculous is called circumstantial evidence.
To conclude I believe in innocent until PROVEN guilty you seem not to.

Also even if he were guilty it was the job of humans to take care of him not Hank. Hank is not human.

I like how you completely ignored my biggest point by making some sort of unfunny joke. You've got a great future as a politician!

I'm greatly confused by why you're applying real-life law made for humans to uncontrollable monsters in a fantasy world that go berserk and kill people, but you do you lol. I also love how the dragon who is shown to go out of control is, to you, still a human, but Hank isn't. Very interesting. Anyway, as you've not competently addressed any of my actual points and instead try to argue with ridiculously broken logic and jokes, I'll take my leave here.

1.I have trouble lying so I would be a bad politician
2.I am applying human law to humans. despite their modified bodies they are still humans.
3. How is it shown he lost control? because he roared? Did you never woke up from a dream screaming? Well lucky you! Also have you heard of PTSD? Just saying
4. They are both human. Sorry for the bad formulation of the sentence. I meant it is for humans that are not Incarnates to solve this.
5. What points did I not address? The dentist thing or the keys thing? They are both poor analogies to the context of the situation. Also have you addressed any of my points?
Jul 8, 2019 11:00 AM
Oct 2017
this is an exceptionally dumb concept
Jul 8, 2019 11:14 AM

Jul 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Fearful people like yourself are the most dangerous ones. Also a dragon that gives horsey rides and tills the soil is really dangerous. It reminds me of https://myanimelist.net/character/64651/Jinenji. I think you would be in the crowd that attacked him.

I don't think you understand what "fearful" means, or are you just dropping out words to make yourself feel like you won something? you may believe you're being a saint with what you're saying but thats being naive I don't know who that character is but from the looks of it you're implying I've based it on looks? no. You're ignoring context.
So you're just gonna ignore his eyes just randomly glowing while in the middle of a dragon roar as not a sign of them losing control? when the previous soldier's eyes were also glowing while going on a killing spree on their allies? ok then.
Will you also ignore the daddy dragon eyes glowing while being burned? as a sign that he was losing control in their fight?
The dragon gives kids some rides and suddenly the risks should be ignored. You're the type of person that'll get thousands killed for being naive.
Jul 8, 2019 11:43 AM
Sep 2017
I do think it's highly questionable how Hank killed the dragon.

Because while the signs were there, that he lost control, fact of the matter is he did not attack Schaal or the children but only animals. Even the beast this episode did not kill his people. Only starngers.

That to me means they still had some shred of humanity left. The snake guy in the first episode killed allies and friends without making that difference.

So I'm guessing there are different stages to this desease, which would be kinda interesting, because if every episode deals with a monster.of-the-week that has completely lost it's mind, it will become very bland and boring.

I don't feel the characters yet. Both the recurring and the stand-alone characters are not that complex and Schaal's developement this episode alone was head-scratching. From shooting the murderer of your father to forming a travelling group in a split second......

But the show has enough potential, that I'm still interested to see where it goes.

Jul 8, 2019 11:51 AM

May 2018
Oh so some Schaal's backstory, his father left for the war as a human, but came back as a dragon and now it's out of control........

I don't think we should hate the MC cu'zit was pretty obvious that those Incarnates where chosen from the poorest background and then given special powers , but as they say, Power corrupts.
Jul 8, 2019 11:53 AM

May 2018
-Stray said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Fearful people like yourself are the most dangerous ones. Also a dragon that gives horsey rides and tills the soil is really dangerous. It reminds me of https://myanimelist.net/character/64651/Jinenji. I think you would be in the crowd that attacked him.

I don't think you understand what "fearful" means, or are you just dropping out words to make yourself feel like you won something? you may believe you're being a saint with what you're saying but thats being naive I don't know who that character is but from the looks of it you're implying I've based it on looks? no. You're ignoring context.
So you're just gonna ignore his eyes just randomly glowing while in the middle of a dragon roar as not a sign of them losing control? when the previous soldier's eyes were also glowing while going on a killing spree on their allies? ok then.
Will you also ignore the daddy dragon eyes glowing while being burned? as a sign that he was losing control in their fight?
The dragon gives kids some rides and suddenly the risks should be ignored. You're the type of person that'll get thousands killed for being naive.
Jaz ignore nightcrawlercyp, besides, he probably got bullied when he was in High School and being in this is his way of being an on-line bully.
Jul 8, 2019 11:57 AM

May 2018
Mythologically said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Am I the only one that hates the MC and wants him dead? Yes, some of them did some crimes but it was no reason to kill them and the dragon was innocent.

Yeah you're the only one who somehow has an opinion about the show despite clearly not having watched it lol

The soldiers lose control of their beasts, like what happened to the poison guy in episode 1. They go berserk and start killing shit. The same thing happened to the dragon lad halfway through this episode when he roared extremely loudly and killed all of that livestock. Their existence is clearly dangerous; how does it not make sense to kill them?
I totally agree with you man. Besides nightcrawlercyp could sure use some Oxycontin to calm himself down.
Jul 8, 2019 11:57 AM

Aug 2012
-Stray said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Far from being a saint. Just someone that has a strong sense of justice and truth. Maybe I am naive as you say,but I stick by what I said. I know what fearful is. And how fear can cause people to accept a lot of things. Bill Hicks has a nice piece on this. Many people can be controlled by fear.
About thousands dying maybe, but I doubt it. Killing something is not the only way to protect yourself from something dangerous. For instance the jews isolated the muslims with a wall.
And remember: the road to hell is paved with good intentions!
@JiangHaoyi1979 so your advice is to have some female bonding substance... being feminized is good, right? well, first of I was not bullied in school not that it matters. Second, old hags should not give advice to men.
nightcrawlercypJul 8, 2019 12:01 PM
Jul 8, 2019 12:05 PM

Nov 2013
nightcrawlercyp said:

3. How is it shown he lost control? because he roared? Did you never woke up from a dream screaming? Well lucky you! Also have you heard of PTSD? Just saying

The story literally spoon feeds you the notion, in no uncertain terms, that given time these monsters lose their humanity and go berserk without fail. This is well established by the repeated mentions from multiple members of the cast, including the soon-to-be-dead doctor/Elaine (or whatever the hell her name was) whose primary goal, whilst she lived, was to find a way to halt the process that made the monsters lose their humanity.

The first instance we actually see of this is when the snake guy in the first episode just goes on a random rampage and indiscriminately murders both enemy prisoners of war and friendly soldiers guarding them. He can still speak and comprehend what's going on, but clearly when someone is left to say "It isn't me!" as they're murdering every person within reach, that's a pretty clear indicator of loss of control.

The second time we see this was, if I recall, the end of the first episode. Monster man smashes his way into a store/house to rob the place, hero MC comes in and kills him. Heroic super soldier turned common burglar with a propensity to destroy houses? Not looking too good.

This was all ineloquently packed into the first episode.

For the most recent episode, we do in fact get a very large helping of narrative indication the dragon was losing control. The townsfolk who came to Schall with complaints of murdered livestock and a scaled-up cowbell to put on her dragon father was in fact that evidence, happening literally the scene after the midnight roaring scene. Not only are these scenes structured and presented to reinforce the previously established notions of these monsters being the primary source of trouble in the story, but it stands as the only reasonable interpretation from a narrative perspective.

The alternative to that interpretation was that there was conveniently a string of wildly irregular attacks on the towns livestock that did not match typical animal predation. The townspeople even remark on this fact, stating that the livestock killed were torn to pieces. If this is the interpretation we run with, we are both ignoring the broader context of the narrative (ie all monsters = eventually violent), and accepting that the scene with the inexplicable roaring at night, and the ensuing townsfolk scene, were both red herrings to give the audience the wrong impression. Dragon dude was innocent after all. #notalldragons

Let's say I'm a writer, and I want to write a story. I title it "The Rampaging Bear." I bet you can't guess what my story is about. In the telling of this story, I decide to preface the narrative with descriptions of the violent outcomes of bad bear encounters in the real world. Every case I pick for this ends up with people being badly mauled and usually dead. The first scene of the story itself is also such an encounter, with a hunter left bloody and dying in the wilderness after his unfortunate encounter with the titular bear of the story. The main character is established within the first chapters as being anti-bear, having a very negative opinion of bears and commenting on their violent tendencies due to the bear preying on village folk in the forest the story takes place in. At the climax of the story the MC and the bear at the center of the narrative face off, and the MC narrowly escapes death in the encounter, slaying the bear in the process.

As a hypothetical reader of this story, with all the information presented by the writer with explicit intent of crafting a narrative, which is the sounder interpretation of the story? Should I come away with the notion that the bear in the story was indeed a rampaging wild animal responsible for the deaths and injuries of many, and that the MC was in the right to put down this dangerous animal? Or is the more correct interpretation of the story one in which the bear is not actually the cause of all the problems presented in the story, and unfairly killed by the MC; when in reality the author has simply inexplicably forgotten to mention there is a psychopathic serial killer who dresses as a brown bear? Is there any reason why the story would be told in such a puzzling manner, and is there any evidence for the viewer to draw upon to conclude the latter interpretation is the correct one?

I don't recommend substituting Occam's Razor for off-brand garbage. You invariably get worse results.
Jul 8, 2019 12:18 PM

Aug 2012
LawLLawL said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

The story literally spoon feeds you the notion, in no uncertain terms, that given time these monsters lose their humanity and go berserk without fail. This is well established by the repeated mentions from multiple members of the cast, including the soon-to-be-dead doctor/Elaine (or whatever the hell her name was) whose primary goal, whilst she lived, was to find a way to halt the process that made the monsters lose their humanity.

The first instance we actually see of this is when the snake guy in the first episode just goes on a random rampage and indiscriminately murders both enemy prisoners of war and friendly soldiers guarding them. He can still speak and comprehend what's going on, but clearly when someone is left to say "It isn't me!" as they're murdering every person within reach, that's a pretty clear indicator of loss of control.

The second time we see this was, if I recall, the end of the first episode. Monster man smashes his way into a store/house to rob the place, hero MC comes in and kills him. Heroic super soldier turned common burglar with a propensity to destroy houses? Not looking too good.

This was all ineloquently packed into the first episode.

For the most recent episode, we do in fact get a very large helping of narrative indication the dragon was losing control. The townsfolk who came to Schall with complaints of murdered livestock and a scaled-up cowbell to put on her dragon father was in fact that evidence, happening literally the scene after the midnight roaring scene. Not only are these scenes structured and presented to reinforce the previously established notions of these monsters being the primary source of trouble in the story, but it stands as the only reasonable interpretation from a narrative perspective.

The alternative to that interpretation was that there was conveniently a string of wildly irregular attacks on the towns livestock that did not match typical animal predation. The townspeople even remark on this fact, stating that the livestock killed were torn to pieces. If this is the interpretation we run with, we are both ignoring the broader context of the narrative (ie all monsters = eventually violent), and accepting that the scene with the inexplicable roaring at night, and the ensuing townsfolk scene, were both red herrings to give the audience the wrong impression. Dragon dude was innocent after all. #notalldragons

Let's say I'm a writer, and I want to write a story. I title it "The Rampaging Bear." I bet you can't guess what my story is about. In the telling of this story, I decide to preface the narrative with descriptions of the violent outcomes of bad bear encounters in the real world. Every case I pick for this ends up with people being badly mauled and usually dead. The first scene of the story itself is also such an encounter, with a hunter left bloody and dying in the wilderness after his unfortunate encounter with the titular bear of the story. The main character is established within the first chapters as being anti-bear, having a very negative opinion of bears and commenting on their violent tendencies due to the bear preying on village folk in the forest the story takes place in. At the climax of the story the MC and the bear at the center of the narrative face off, and the MC narrowly escapes death in the encounter, slaying the bear in the process.

As a hypothetical reader of this story, with all the information presented by the writer with explicit intent of crafting a narrative, which is the sounder interpretation of the story? Should I come away with the notion that the bear in the story was indeed a rampaging wild animal responsible for the deaths and injuries of many, and that the MC was in the right to put down this dangerous animal? Or is the more correct interpretation of the story one in which the bear is not actually the cause of all the problems presented in the story, and unfairly killed by the MC; when in reality the author has simply inexplicably forgotten to mention there is a psychopathic serial killer who dresses as a brown bear? Is there any reason why the story would be told in such a puzzling manner, and is there any evidence for the viewer to draw upon to conclude the latter interpretation is the correct one?

I don't recommend substituting Occam's Razor for off-brand garbage. You invariably get worse results.

1. I do not trust what Elaine says
2. The guy at the end of ep1 did not lose control, was just corrupted by power
3. the townfolks panicked. Weak people panic . It reminds me of the backstory for this guy: https://kenja-no-mago.fandom.com/wiki/Oliveira_von_Schtradius
4. Then you would be a very poor writer. There are exceptions but generally things do not work like this
5, bear story reminds me of this https://darktower.fandom.com/wiki/Shardik
nightcrawlercypJul 8, 2019 12:21 PM
Jul 8, 2019 12:19 PM

May 2017
well that was a major stepdown from the first episode.

It would have been better if the first time we saw her was at the bar where she shot him, unexplained hatred would occur and that would've been a better time to get a flashback of why and what happened to her to cause this hatred. But no we got thrown into her story completely killing the momentum of episode 1.
Jul 8, 2019 12:31 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm quite the catchy opening and from the visuals looks like this series will have quite the large cast. Must have been quite the shock to Schaal to see her father's power manifest. Despite the shock it was oddly calming seeing the kids and Schaal find solace in the shadow of the dragon. Too bad that the calm didn't last though. The death of Schaal's father though was pretty sad. Hmm seems that the transformation have served to take away the incarnates higher thought processes. Though brief the battles showed just how tragic Cain's duty is in hunting down and putting down his former comrades and friends. Schaal deciding to join Cain in his quest was quite the surprise though i feel that her joining would help add more perspective to Cain's journey. An excellent ep that while serving to introduce Schaal as a character also served to show how the war ended up changing both her and Cain as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2019 12:48 PM

Oct 2017
That was a bit not what I expected. I get the backstory but we've had to many unnecesary scenes. Now we need to wait to next episode for real talk between Hank and Schaal
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jul 8, 2019 12:52 PM

Nov 2013
nightcrawlercyp said:

1. I do not trust what Elaine says
2. The guy at the end of ep1 did not lose control, was just corrupted by power
3. the townfolks panicked. Weak people panic . It reminds me of the backstory for this guy: https://kenja-no-mago.fandom.com/wiki/Oliveira_von_Schtradius
4. Then you would be a very poor writer. There are exceptions but generally things do not work like this
5, bear story reminds me of this https://darktower.fandom.com/wiki/Shardik

1. What you are saying in regards to Elaine makes some degree of sense in isolation, why trust a character you know nothing about in the opening minutes of an episode? But it makes no sense from a narrative stand-point. The author has no motive to paint a very clear picture with obvious direction, only to have all of the preceding narrative lead to the wrong conclusion. That defeats the purpose of the story. You give the viewer information, for the most part, to fuel the narrative. The handful of times you feed them false information, it's usually in service of subverting expectation or leading them on a wild goose chase. You don't make your primary plot point a red herring...

2. Fair enough, substitute him with gentle-giant turned murderous highway bandit that gets killed in the second episode. The point remains unchanged, the story has a very clear message about the monsters.

3. Whether they panic or not is not relevant. By your logic someone who has been robbed, assaulted, or even just witnessed such events and go to report them at a police station, should themselves be thoroughly interrogated to determine whether they're bad faith actors. It's a ludicrous presupposition of untrustworthiness that nobody operates on.

4 & 5. For obvious reasons, my hypothetical bear story is devoid of details and a real plot, it was intended to illustrate a point, not made to be a literary masterpiece winning awards. That it somehow went over your head speaks volumes.

Nobody writes a story where all the information they put into the narrative leads to the wrong conclusion. In the context of the story, and storytelling as a whole, your interpretation makes no sense. Do you do this with every movie or anime you watch? I have a sneaking suspicion you don't.

When the opening scene of a movie or show presents a typical evil villain who murders every soul in a city to further his diabolical plans, do you ask "Hey how can I trust this narrator guy telling me whats going on or what has happened?"

Do you doubt the trustworthiness of all characters in stories too? I mean why the fuck should I trust this guy who is the centerpiece of the story as the MC, and through whose eyes we view the entire story from? What if he's secretly the villain, and from his psychologically warped perspective we view his enemies as villains? Never-mind that the author never even remotely hints at such an element to the story, you never know right?

Hey if that's how you consistently respond to narrative mediums presenting you what they have to offer, I don't know what to say. At least you're consistent I guess? But I doubt you'd be capable of reading books, watching movies and anime, or consuming stories of any kind really, if you actually operate on such preconceived notions.

You're taking a highly irrational angle on the interpretation of this story for whatever reasons you have, and fail to really substantiate your reasoning with something from the story, so you substitute with weak conjecture.

The irony is, your own reasoning works against you. If an in-story scientist who is actively involved in the creation of the monster unit and states her aims and fears plainly is someone you expressly distrust despite ample narrative evidence to support what she says, why should anyone listen to your interpretation of the story which has no basis in anything we can find from the story? I mean, your whole point was the dragon was not proven to be guilty right? There is already ample evidence to the contrary from the story, so I feel it's only reasonable to expect you to provide in-story examples that back your reasoning.

The underlying issue seems to be "What is the point of a story? What does it convey? How does it does it present all of this to the audience?" And you can't seem to arrive at a reasonable conclusion to this question, based on your responses.
LawLx2Jul 8, 2019 12:56 PM
Jul 8, 2019 12:58 PM

Dec 2016
LawLLawL said:

The thing is that even though Elaine claimed that all these supersoldiers no matter what will turn into uncontrolable beasts, there have been several cases that the beast soldier will retain human concisousness and it's shown thru their actions (the gentle dragon that plowed the land and the chameleon guy that becomes a thief). And she even crafted these science-magic whatcha-ma call'em bullets that will finally kill these almost immortal behemots. Yet, Hank was immune to these magic bullets in episode 1, and he's able to retain his humanity both in human form as well as in beast mode for whatever magical plot contrivance reasons. So the show actually tells the viewer that there are several levels of conciousness between all these different super soldiers.

I conccur with @nightcrawlercyp we're not supposed to believe what Elaine said. Throwing parallels to the most obvious and famous antihero that can turn into a menacing beast, Hulk had several stages of conciousness depending on his anger level, and even on some of his highest levels he's able to recognize his close friends and stop himself from hurting them. The same way these beast that all have different characterstics from body complexion to most likely different levels of personalities and moral values, also gives out different levels of conciousness.

There are way too many variables, enough to call out this witch hunt for the sacred beasts.
Jul 8, 2019 1:20 PM

Nov 2013
Kimurah said:

The thing is that even though Elaine claimed that all these supersoldiers no matter what will turn into uncontrolable beasts, there have been several cases that the beast soldier will retain human concisousness and it's shown thru their actions (the gentle dragon that plowed the land and the chameleon guy that becomes a thief). And she even crafted these science-magic whatcha-ma call'em bullets that will finally kill these almost immortal behemots. Yet, Hank was immune to these magic bullets in episode 1, and he's able to retain his humanity both in human form as well as in beast mode for whatever magical plot contrivance reasons. So the show actually tells the viewer that there are several levels of conciousness between all these different super soldiers.

I conccur with @nightcrawlercyp we're not supposed to believe what Elaine said. Throwing parallels to the most obvious and famous antihero that can turn into a menacing beast, Hulk had several stages of conciousness depending on his anger level, and even on some of his highest levels he's able to recognize his close friends and stop himself from hurting them. The same way these beast that all have different characterstics from body complexion to most likely different levels of personalities and moral values, also gives out different levels of conciousness.

There are way too many variables, enough to call out this witch hunt for the sacred beasts.

I don't think he was so much immune to them as you say. She shot him in a non-vital area and as it turned out he was out cold in a hospital bed for a fairly long time for his recovery, iirc. Also note Hank makes a point of aiming for the head when he kills the monsters, at least in this episode. Would make sense that he didn't die in the first ep, even to the special bullet.

As for how much doubt we should harbour, that's an open question. What isn't is whether the dragon was in the process of losing control, and it absolutely was. The point of having the scene with the children flying in the wagon, the tilling of the fields, was all to set the stage and give the impression of normalcy. If this was not the case, as an audience we would need an adequate explanation, backed by at least some degree of indication from the narrative itself, that the midnight roaring and the slaughter of livestock had nothing to do with the dragon. The story gives us no such indication, so we're left to work with what we have. Conjecture is only as good as what it is predicated on.

There's also the possibility that Elaine was mistaken, but with no explicitly malicious intent. She seemed genuine enough that she would hesitate to fire an immediately lethal shot at Hank, and rather regretful that she had to resort to executing the monster unit instead of continuing to find a way to rehabilitate them.

Sure there are a lot of variables, but there's also a lot of evidence, hence why I would hesitate to call it a witch hunt as there is demonstrable cause for concern in the actual harm these things can do. It's only a witch hunt if the group in question is actually innocent. In many established cases already, they are not. It is not the job of the people in-world to accept injury, death, and destruction of property, to further the pursuit of a rehabilitation program they have no guarantees on for success. Or are we operating on the assumption that all must suffer for the betterment of the few?

What is really puzzling is how they were even allowed to operate with such freedom, particularly in the closing stages of the war and the final scene before they scatter to the winds. It's nonsensical from a military and administrative stand-point. But that's more an issue with the story itself, and a plot hole which allows for all of this drama to play out. It wouldn't be very interesting if these monsters were all held in confinement and kept indefinitely drugged up on strong opiates, to the point of inability to rampage, while a cure was sought after.

The most logical solution to the rather apparent problem was forgone for this absolute clusterfuck of a story. I just don't see the appeal, nor how it could receive so much hype. But it wouldn't be the first time a fandom chose to die on their hill than concede to reason.
Jul 8, 2019 1:24 PM
Apr 2016
A rather generic approach to the backstory episode. A pity, but nothing too unforgivable. Let us see where it leads from now on.
LawLLawL said:
Kimurah said:

I don't think he was so much immune to them as you say. She shot him in a non-vital area and as it turned out he was out cold in a hospital bed for a fairly long time for his recovery, iirc. Also note Hank makes a point of aiming for the head when he kills the monsters, at least in this episode. Would make sense that he didn't die in the first ep, even to the special bullet.

As for how much doubt we should harbour, that's an open question. What isn't is whether the dragon was in the process of losing control, and it absolutely was. The point of having the scene with the children flying in the wagon, the tilling of the fields, was all to set the stage and give the impression of normalcy. If this was not the case, as an audience we would need an adequate explanation, backed by at least some degree of indication from the narrative itself, that the midnight roaring and the slaughter of livestock had nothing to do with the dragon. The story gives us no such indication, so we're left to work with what we have. Conjecture is only as good as what it is predicated on.

There's also the possibility that Elaine was mistaken, but with no explicitly malicious intent. She seemed genuine enough that she would hesitate to fire an immediately lethal shot at Hank, and rather regretful that she had to resort to executing the monster unit instead of continuing to find a way to rehabilitate them.

Sure there are a lot of variables, but there's also a lot of evidence, hence why I would hesitate to call it a witch hunt as there is demonstrable cause for concern in the actual harm these things can do. It's only a witch hunt if the group in question is actually innocent. In many established cases already, they are not. It is not the job of the people in-world to accept injury, death, and destruction of property, to further the pursuit of a rehabilitation program they have no guarantees on for success. Or are we operating on the assumption that all must suffer for the betterment of the few?

What is really puzzling is how they were even allowed to operate with such freedom, particularly in the closing stages of the war and the final scene before they scatter to the winds. It's nonsensical from a military and administrative stand-point. But that's more an issue with the story itself, and a plot hole which allows for all of this drama to play out. It wouldn't be very interesting if these monsters were all held in confinement and kept indefinitely drugged up on strong opiates, to the point of inability to rampage, while a cure was sought after.

The most logical solution to the rather apparent problem was forgone for this absolute clusterfuck of a story. I just don't see the appeal, nor how it could receive so much hype. But it wouldn't be the first time a fandom chose to die on their hill than concede to reason.

I would say the main reason Hank did not suffer as much from the anti-Incarnate bullet is, that he was the least subject to Incarnate corruption/transformation. We have never seen him use his power before, he did not have any corruption signs. It could be that the bullet simply was not effective against Hank because, at that point, he was most human.
[quote=Mythologically message=57929879]
Kimurah said:
LawLLawL said:

The Hulk comparison is fairly meaningless, considering that, as far as we've been told, the humans have no control over themselves when they go berserk. This was the whole point of the poison guy from episode 1, where he kept saying "this isn't me" while slaughtering the other soldiers. There has been no evidence whatsoever that the monsters have any conscience or morals when berserk; there has been a great deal of evidence showing otherwise. The narrative is literally spoonfeeding the viewer "monsters are bad".

That's a very simplistic narrative then. There are way more concepts in play - using monsters in war, people who willingly turn into monsters, people who willingly turn into monsters to earn at war, human/deity comparison and humans allegedly being taken over by stronger deity cells. A lot of grey morality here, however obvious and cliche it is. I would also diasgree about calling what we have seen "berserk". To me it is clearly a case of people with weaker will being taken over by the Incarnate origin completely. Again, which is why I believe Hank did not suffer too much from the anti-Incarnate bullet - he always was in complete control of his power and did not give an inch of himself to it. No evidence yet, but some signs and foreshadowing, I would say.

However, that Kimurah-guy completely disregarded half the episode when Dragon was going around slaughtering sheep and Danny the Ogre nonchallatntly killing travelers because it helps his friends and family. Clearly not someone you would want living... period. Strangely enough there was a giant leap of logic that omitted addressing this.
AddaeAkono said:
This is just another cautionary tale about how people that were used in war end up getting discarded when the fighting is over.

Again, not this simple. They have gone almost willingly, they were happy fighting for one side, and they were happy their blood-stained money went to their families. They were not even discarded by the establishment, not yet. It was an insider measure to prevent them from ever being discarded. Can't discard what's already discarded.
Daniel_NaumovJul 8, 2019 1:44 PM
Re:formed
Jul 8, 2019 1:29 PM

Aug 2017
So we learned more about Nancy Schaal this episode and her work at the orphanage. Her father's secret was quite something to digest for them for sure. Although I felt the pace was a little too fast, I am still enjoying this anime a lot. The animation is great, I like the color palette and the ambiance nice. I can't wait for next week's episode to find out more about Hank's oath and how this is all related to Nancy's father.
Jul 8, 2019 1:50 PM

Nov 2017
Alright, let me get this one straight: guy goes off to war, but when he returns he's a fucking dragon? And his daughter is cool with this right off the bat? This is some of the most unintentionally hilarious stuff ever
Jul 8, 2019 2:13 PM
Apr 2016
eryn-chan said:
So we learned more about Nancy Schaal this episode and her work at the orphanage. Her father's secret was quite something to digest for them for sure. Although I felt the pace was a little too fast, I am still enjoying this anime a lot. The animation is great, I like the color palette and the ambiance nice. I can't wait for next week's episode to find out more about Hank's oath and how this is all related to Nancy's father.

There is literally nothing else to neither narratives. They are both closed, as soon as Schaal sees what her father could turn into she will just accompany Hank on his quest. This is a logical continuation.
TheDopplerEffect said:
Alright, let me get this one straight: guy goes off to war, but when he returns he's a fucking dragon? And his daughter is cool with this right off the bat? This is some of the most unintentionally hilarious stuff ever

I will have to agree.
Re:formed
Jul 8, 2019 3:36 PM

Nov 2013
TheDopplerEffect said:

That and many other strange or illogical plot points like letting monsters go free to begin with, yet people swear this is not like last season's Fairy Gone and that its actually really good for whatever reason.

I've yet to see much reason to understand the hype, though I suppose it is still fairly early and the adaptation could be more at fault than the source material. Oh well, there's only 12 episodes, if this isn't going to end up a horrendous dumpster fire things should be shaping up really soon.
Jul 8, 2019 3:37 PM

Apr 2015
Schaal is quite cute if you ask me, but accepting that her dad had become what he was so easily, without asking questions is just beyond me. Hank managed to kill Schaal's dad and now she's want to know for what reason her dad was killed. I see a routine, but I don't think it's gonna be too bad.

As a Dutch guy, the name Schaal bothers me so much more than it should bother me. XD

TheDopplerEffect said:

Couldn't agree more, I would ask so many questions, who doesn't want to know why her dad came back as a dragon? I would be damn terrified to see that.
Jul 8, 2019 3:42 PM

Jul 2013
Just as I believed, they adapted Schaal's backstory this episode (it was the 12th chapter in the manga). I didn't like how they adapted the battle against Spriggan (the very first chapter of the manga), I thought it was rushed, even if the battle itself its also pretty short in the source material. Hopefully the pacing will not get that fast in the coming episodes.

Anyway, I'm happy for Schaal's debut, she's probably going to be one of the best girls of the season.

Judging the opening,
Jul 8, 2019 4:40 PM

Aug 2018
Well, we have back stories out of the way, let’s see some action.
Jul 8, 2019 4:58 PM

Aug 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Yea, I hate Hank too. I hope he gets killed before long. I don’t see where he’s all that morally superior than the other incarnates. And as for his oath, f that, the war is over, go mind your own business.
Jul 8, 2019 5:55 PM
Apr 2019
@nightcrawlercyp @Mythologically @-Stray @LawLLawL @Kimurah
I'm a bit on the middle here, while I do agree that all the Incarnates must either be isolated or killed, I don't think that Will (the dragon) should have been killed at that moment. Even if we consider that he murdered the living stock, and there is no proof he did, otherwise we would see the villagers banishing him or locking him up or something, it's not enough of a crime to kill him. And about the scream and glare, there is nothing indicating that those are signs of him losing control, but if they're still taken into account, then Will's last look at his daughter, a human look, must also be. And I think it makes lots of sense to apply our laws and to consider people innocent until proven guilty, that's how we've decided to deal with things because it's the best way we could come up with.
About Hank, I don't like or dislike him, he just seems to be maintaining his promise the best way he can.
About trusting Elaine or not, while she was doing her best to learn everything she could about the Incarnates and she seems to be completely trustworthy, she didn't know much more than everyone else in that team, there is a very high chance that she was mistaken in saying that they'll all go berserk, she only noticed it could happen when the first guy went and wasn't sure of many things she said.
Finally, about the narrative thing, I agree with @LawLLawL , but it must be said that, yes, everyone knows how stories work and that you're supposed to believe certain characters, for instance, everyone knows MC=good guy, but the storyteller must not rely on the assumptions that people make, the fact that the MC is a good guy should be backed by his actions. One example of where this makes a difference is in Star Wars, with Anakin: in Episodes I and II (and the start of III) he's clearly the good guy and we often sympathise with his struggles (like "I'm on the council but I'm not a Jedi master" thing), if we just assumed that MC=good guy, then we'd need to warp his actions to keep him a good guy. What I'm trying to say is: we shouldn't blindly trust any character, but actually learn about them through their actions.
Jul 8, 2019 6:44 PM
Apr 2019
@Mythologically
I know, the narrative is obviously telling us that the dragon killed the cows and it would make those two scenes pointless if he hadn't, I don't disagree entirely with you. But it's not proven, it's not a weight that is put on the dragon, it's a cowbell (you can hear it on one of the following scenes after the villagers go to the house), so that if he attacked the cows once again, he would wake everyone up, why would the villagers do this if there was proof? And the evacuation was made out of fear, not of certainty, if they were certain about it, why not evacuate the whole town? The way the living stock was tore apart truly is almost proof, but in a real life murder, if someone's finger print is found on the corpse, is that someone automatically guilty?
Also, you're right, I don't pay close attention to the show, at least not enough to notice and remember the poison guy's eyes from a short scene a week ago. Because of this, I believe in you saying that it happened in the same way as with the dragon. However, it still is not definitely a sign, it could be something that happens every now and then when they're transformed, or just a coincidence, but no one told us it's a sign, thinking it is is completely speculation.
I'll tag along with you and forget that even though they can't control their bodies there is still a human within. Have you never watched a zombie movie where a dear one is turned and the main characters really struggle to kill it, in spite of them knowing that it's just a dead thing trying to kill them, they end up killing it and someone cries just like the real person was the one killed? It's the same thing, even if it's not human, it seems human, it feels human. That's why human laws should be applied to them.
Jul 8, 2019 6:50 PM

Jun 2017
Mythologically said:
Sure Hank can turn back and forth. Clearly he, and most likely that Madhouse guy, are exceptions. This whole show is just a messy pile of shit so far, so who knows why they're exceptions.

i think he and the long haired guy still retain their human form even after the end of the war simply because both of them rarely transform into their beast form, on 1st episode we see most of the soldier always transform while both of them still fighting in human form.
on hank case we only see his beast form once on the end of episode 1, after than only his hair turn white like partially transform?
Jul 8, 2019 7:14 PM

Dec 2016
Mythologically said:
@M4RCEL0 That whole first paragraph is ridiculous. Not only is the narrative obviously telling you that the dragon lad killed the livestock, but it's even PROVEN. The villagers ask to put a weight on him and then evacuate the orphans from his house. This is clearly done because the dragon fellow killed the livestock, as is also proven by the grizzly way that the livestock died. The glare is a sign of them going berserk. Same thing happened with the poison guy from ep 1. You seem to not particularly pay close attention to the show since you've both neglected this and the fact that the villagers did lock the dragon guy down. It also makes absolutely no sense to apply human laws to monsters, because (most) humans don't uncontrollably go berserk and kill scores of people.

This is the most utter retarded paragraph I've read today. If you were a defense attourney you'd be the laughing stock of your whole firm.

What you call "proof" it's nothing but circunstancial evidence (google it). The countrymen found their cows torn to pieces, but they didn't brought or mentioned at all any kind of actual evidence that would put William the dragon in the time and place where the cows were slaughtered. For such a huge creature, things like a footprint of his size would be more than easy to recognize. If william was the one and only massive creature in the whole country people would have some reasoning to believe that he's the culprit. But he's not, him along with the rest of his squad are also creatures capable of shredding a whole cow with just a slap.

The whole "eyes glowing" sham is pure aesthetic that meant something to an specific couple of beasts, but it's not expected for every single one fo them to react in the same way (again my point that Hank goes completeley against the nature of the few beasts that went completely berserk) and if we were talking about real people and their customs based on their culture and color it would be called "profiling". You're so absorbed and blindsided by the narrative that you're completely ignoring small details that can easily change the story in a further episodes to prove Will's innocence with a classic "ait & switch" and still feel properly lampshaded due to the missinformation and lack of actual evidence.

If the author wanted to make William a berserk beast, it could have done it so easily by ACTUALLY showing his wild side shredding the cows. Afterall this show isn't shy on showing gory stuff with soldiers being shred to pieces in the battlefield.

The countrymen demanding for Will to wear a cowbell and taking away the children in a draconian way serves just as an indicator on the fear and hasty choices made by ignorants in this witch hunt and nothing more.

Mythologically said:

The Hulk comparison is fairly meaningless, considering that, as far as we've been told, the humans have no control over themselves when they go berserk. This was the whole point of the poison guy from episode 1, where he kept saying "this isn't me" while slaughtering the other soldiers. There has been no evidence whatsoever that the monsters have any conscience or morals when berserk; there has been a great deal of evidence showing otherwise. The narrative is literally spoonfeeding the viewer "monsters are bad".

The comparisson is meaningless because....? oh right, just because you say it is without any kind of actual thought.

The viper guy mentioning that he's not himself in the berserk state isn't meant to be taken as A RULE OF THUMB. If all the beasts had exactly the same body chemistry, then why some of them are dragons, and others are wolves or snakes, angels and centaurs and even a chameleon. The brain from a reptile is completely differnt to that of a mammal, all these interspecies have different chemical reactions in their brain that makes their survival behavior quite different from each other. Going back to the viper guy, he decided to kill himself. Compare it to Edgar the chameleon that turned into a thief and called himself a god possesed by greed. Why didn't he chose the same fate by killing himself as the viper guy did? Also compare it with Toby the chubby rhino guy that killed travelers to get their riches, he asked nicely before hand but when he didn't get what he wanted he decided to kill them. Toby presented an obvious infantilism behaviour, a kid trapped in an adult body wanting to provide to his mom and relatives and friends the only way he could think of.

I believe that so far, their behaviour as resurrected depend highly in their moral code and also in the kind of beast that chose them. William proved to be the most calm character in this arc before he was enlisted, along with his solemt behaviour during the camp scene in episode 1. This is just a theory that might be proven in future episodes, depending if this title doesn't continue it's downward spiral in storytelling.
KimurahJul 8, 2019 7:48 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

79 by Wolfie_WildeSan »»
Feb 19, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

72 by Fisher94 »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:26 AM

» Does this anime have nudity in it?

yed123 - Feb 6, 2022

1 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Oct 14, 2023 6:58 PM

» Is the score low just because it is "poorly adapted"

GilgaGOAT - Sep 18, 2019

9 by amf85 »»
Oct 13, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

40 by PedroKarim64 »»
Dec 15, 2022 3:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.