Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2019 6:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is like set like destiny. (as part of the The story of Banmon arc)

A child also offered to a demon just gives me the chills in regards with the storytelling. Hyakkimaru also had his work cut out for him. Very tense episode.
Stark700Mar 25, 2019 6:53 AM
Mar 25, 2019 7:29 AM

Apr 2016
I'm not gonna say that i like what Hyakkimaru's father did to him, but i understand it, same as i understand the decision his brother made or even his own mother.

At least the ending was happy, the little boy found his mom. This show continues to deliver.
Mar 25, 2019 7:45 AM
Jan 2018
No epiosde next week apprently
Mar 25, 2019 7:48 AM

Mar 2017
My fucking heart! Hyakkimaru deserves all the love Dororo gives him and more. I get why Tohomaru made that decision but i completely disagree with him. Also, i don't care if Daigo sacrificed Hyakkimaru for his land... the guys just a bastard. He didn't make the demon deal for his people, he did it for himself and that's proven by how little he cares about his own flesh and blood.
Mar 25, 2019 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
I have no idea how to feel about this episode. Balanced emotions. Their samurai era is fucked up.
Mar 25, 2019 7:59 AM

Oct 2018
Great episode as always, hope Hyakki's mother's not dead and also that Tahomaru changes his mind, Daigo is just evil just thinks of himself.

Mattinator95 said:

Why? Now that it was getting so interesting they can't do this T.T
Mar 25, 2019 8:04 AM

Aug 2008
Gwaeleth said:
Great episode as always, hope Hyakki's mother's not dead and also that Tahomaru changes his mind, Daigo is just evil just thinks of himself.

Mattinator95 said:

Why? Now that it was getting so interesting they can't do this T.T

end of first cour, will resume on 8th i think
The spider is watching
Mar 25, 2019 8:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well now things got pretty intense again at last
Mar 25, 2019 8:17 AM

Sep 2007
Tahomaru will henceforth be called Ahomaru, by me at least
Mar 25, 2019 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was a roller coaster of emotions... mainly varying degrees of sadness. I loved it.
Mar 25, 2019 8:24 AM

Mar 2012
Get ready to second op and ed's song?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Mar 25, 2019 8:40 AM
Jun 2017
Destiny has been set up as hyakkimaru and his family meet up again... sad for his younger brother that he has to fight him because of what his father is saying to him..
Mar 25, 2019 8:41 AM

Nov 2016
Hyakkimaru was confrontated with his past and this episode definitely delivered on what you would expect from a midseason finale.

Already looking forward to the second cour.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2019 8:43 AM

Nov 2017
Strong episode. How unfortunate really is this kid story. Looking forward for next cour.
Mar 25, 2019 8:46 AM
Jul 2016
Mattinator95 said:

Wait why?!?!? i checked livechart.me and it there is no counttime :'(
Mar 25, 2019 8:48 AM

May 2011
This anime is sooooo amazing I hope the next half will be as good.

Yvonnelim99 said:
Get ready to second op and ed's song?

I still get chills every week from just watching the current OP at the start of each episode though (especially the part when the singer goes falsetto, gives me goosebumps every time). Hope the next OP and ED will be good.
Mar 25, 2019 8:52 AM
Dec 2018
so what now? we wait for 6 months like attack on titan? damm that sucks.
Mar 25, 2019 8:54 AM

Aug 2008
IRON_FIST1984 said:
so what now? we wait for 6 months like attack on titan? damm that sucks.

it will resume in april the 8th if not mistaken
same will go with shield hero if not mistaken or any anime with over 13 ps :p

PREVIEW SECOND COUR and song theme

hve no idea how to add a link on MAL solinky in spoiler

dany_elle1908Mar 25, 2019 8:58 AM
The spider is watching
Mar 25, 2019 9:07 AM
Nov 2018
I hope that Tahomaru would realise that Daigo would not hesitate to sacrifice him as well for the sake of his own ambition.
Mar 25, 2019 9:09 AM

Jul 2017
Holy shit what an episode, so much happened. Feel bad for Tahoumaru though, must be tough living your whole life out of the loop and then having to decide between killing your long lost brother to protect your land
Mar 25, 2019 9:28 AM
Nov 2018
Everyone who is saying daigo is evil and a bastard clearly don't pay enough attention to the story. I remember i scene with tahourmaru and his dad, where i he said hes never seen his dad this angry. Hes been a good a lot of subtle hints like that, that hes not a Disney villian, but one with dimensions. Could be argued hes the anti hero, and hyakkimaru is the antagonist.
Yh so i just feel people dont pay enough attention to world building
Mar 25, 2019 9:36 AM
Dec 2017
I'm still loving this, so let's hope the second half keeps up the awesomeness. Now that Tahomaru has established himself on his father's side, that makes me wonder if he will keep serving the people or if he will get a redemption and join Hyakkimaru.
Speaking of, I think one of the greatest strengths of this two-parter was that we finally explored the ambiguity of Hyakkimaru's dilemma. Yes, we want him to get his body back, but is it truly worth the Kagemitsu people suffering? Even if the show doesn't plan on going into more detail with that later, it's still an interesting point.
Can't wait for the next episode (especially with Asian Kung Fu Generation doing the new OP, even if I'll miss the first OP and ED T_T)!
Mar 25, 2019 9:41 AM

May 2018
Great episode again. Hopefully Tahomaru will change his mind about killing Hyakkimaru. I didn't expect mama to kill herself, so sad but understandable.

If there's no episode next week, when it will continue, anyone?
Mar 25, 2019 9:44 AM
Feb 2017
Kill them & get your revenge Hyakkimaru
Mar 25, 2019 9:59 AM

Mar 2013
Party is over indeed!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 25, 2019 10:00 AM

Dec 2017
pretty solid episode, but what was with that Buddha statue? it charged up with positive energy, then faded away?
Mar 25, 2019 10:14 AM

Jun 2015
Wow, talk about something completely rewritten. This approach to Banmon part 2 was really interesting. It also added a happier ending - but still bittersweet - and some valid questionings. What is really a sacrifice?
Mar 25, 2019 10:16 AM
Sep 2015
Very lousy storytelling this time, but I'm very happy because Tahomaru is alive! so my Maru brothers ship can continue sailing!

Also the new OP/ED video on YouTube is trying to mislead that Hyakki and Taho will fight again as they run toward each other with sword with Taho's eye already blinded (at timestamp 0:16-0:17 of the video) and then it cut to the same fight scene in this episode (timestamp 0:18-0:19), so it's very likely that they'll team up in the future!!!
Mar 25, 2019 10:28 AM

Jan 2013
At least Tahomaru doesn't hate Hyakkimaru or spite him even after knowing that he's his brother and turned out sympathetic towards him.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 25, 2019 10:31 AM

Dec 2017
That survivor guy straight up pissed his pants upon seeing Hyakkimaru's rage. *LOL*
A satisfying ending for this first cour for me, and the PV for the next cour already got me hyped so much I can't wait. Judging from some scenes, it seems like Dororo's gender would be brought up again in the upcoming season, huh? 🤔
phantomfandom said:
Very lousy storytelling this time, but I'm very happy because Tahomaru is alive! so my Maru brothers ship can continue sailing!

Also the new OP/ED video on YouTube is trying to mislead that Hyakki and Taho will fight again as they run toward each other with sword with Taho's eye already blinded (at timestamp 0:16-0:17 of the video) and then it cut to the same fight scene in this episode (timestamp 0:18-0:19), so it's very likely that they'll team up in the future!!!
Now that I've seen it once again, you are right, they are mixing up the scenes there.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 25, 2019 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
Tbh I think it's gonna turn out like this:

The demons weren't making the land prosper, the 'Goddess of Mercy' was, all the demons did was take enough energy from Hyakki's parts to manifest in the world and eat the fuck out of people, and with the death of Oku, the Goddess' greatest believer, and yet another sacrifice, her power was consumed, Banmon was destroyed, and the 'prosperity' Daigo is so proud of is fucked.

Also Taro better not have to fight Hyakki again, because we all know he'll die and we'll all be sad again.
Mar 25, 2019 10:52 AM
May 2016
Why is the episode so late on amazon us?
yasuda1986Mar 25, 2019 10:56 AM
Mar 25, 2019 11:47 AM
Sep 2014
This episode was intense af, and it left me just sad. I wanted Tahomaru to be on Hyakkimaru's side SO BAD, but I guess I was naive to think he would really stand up to his father. I get that there is a lot in stake, but what they did to Hyakkimaru is simply unforgivable. Daigo can argue he did it for the people, but I clearly remember it being for his ambition of being a Shogun one day. If a land is dead then pack your things and leave (I know it's not that simple, but still). You don't put your child through that pain. You just don't.
Mar 25, 2019 11:53 AM
Jan 2019
Tense episode especially emotionally
Am also amazed by the great animation quality this episode... it was epic
Mar 25, 2019 11:55 AM

May 2017
a very emotional engaging episode.. loved it.
Mar 25, 2019 12:18 PM

Aug 2012
They messed the story so much in this episode just to make it seem that Daigo and Tahomaru are not that bad. As a side note, even in this scenario between dying of hunger and dying as a result of war and monsters there is no real choice. The deal only saved the nobles not the average people.
Mar 25, 2019 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
Great episode, I really like that they've at least tried to present some decent justification for what Daigo did, even if it is ultimately and undeniably wrong. I'm a little sad that Tahomaru has chosen to fight Hyakkimaru now (and it feels like his change of heart to that was kinda rushed), but I suppose it makes sense for the wider narrative.
Mar 25, 2019 12:25 PM

Aug 2012
TigersAndDragons said:

The demons weren't making the land prosper, the 'Goddess of Mercy' was, all the demons did was take enough energy from Hyakki's parts to manifest in the world and eat the fuck out of people, and with the death of Oku, the Goddess' greatest believer, and yet another sacrifice, her power was consumed, Banmon was destroyed, and the 'prosperity' Daigo is so proud of is fucked.

Also Taro better not have to fight Hyakki again, because we all know he'll die and we'll all be sad again.
They might have made the land prosper for Daigo and its retainers but even so the regular people are still suffering just as before. But now they also get eaten by monsters.
Mar 25, 2019 12:28 PM

Aug 2012
Hime03 said:
Everyone who is saying daigo is evil and a bastard clearly don't pay enough attention to the story. I remember i scene with tahourmaru and his dad, where i he said hes never seen his dad this angry. Hes been a good a lot of subtle hints like that, that hes not a Disney villian, but one with dimensions. Could be argued hes the anti hero, and hyakkimaru is the antagonist.
Yh so i just feel people dont pay enough attention to world building
Bullshit. As much as this version tries to make Daigo seem better you cannot turn absolute evil into good. I have a question for you: what would you prefer? to deal with natural disasters, or to have soldiers torture, kill you , prevent you from eating the fruit of your labor and monsters eat you? The only ones benefiting from the deal are Daigo and his entourage.
Mar 25, 2019 12:30 PM

Aug 2012
Atavistic said:
Great episode, I really like that they've at least tried to present some decent justification for what Daigo did, even if it is ultimately and undeniably wrong. I'm a little sad that Tahomaru has chosen to fight Hyakkimaru now (and it feels like his change of heart to that was kinda rushed), but I suppose it makes sense for the wider narrative.
Not really. They almost wrote themselves into a corner with the changes n episode 1 and 10 and now they had to rewrite this whole story in this weird way just to make what comes next makes some sort of sense. But since Tahomaru is still alive this still has problems.
Mar 25, 2019 12:32 PM

Feb 2018
Hiina said:
Tahomaru will henceforth be called Ahomaru, by me at least

Haha I see what you did there.
Mar 25, 2019 12:41 PM

Feb 2018
Wow this episode was intense. Hyakkimaru and Dororo finally discover the truth behind his existence, and so does Tahomaru.

This really shows what an evil bastard Daigo is. He does care about his family, but only if it benefits him. I'm pretty sure he would've had Tahomaru killed if he sided with Hyakkimaru.

Seeing how much his mother is suffering because of this was really sad. I almost screamed when she stabbed herself. I wonder what it means that the Buddha statue is broken? Has Hyakkimaru's luck run out?

Tahomaru is skilled but Hyakkimaru definitely would've beaten him if the fight went on. I'm glad the kid (forgot his name) found his family. Really interesting differences of family reunions there. This all seemed to have a big impact on Hyakkimaru.

If the next thing Hyakkimaru gets back are his eyes, and the first thing he sees is his dead mother, it will destroy me. Also probably seal the deal on Hyakkimaru becoming a demon. I can't wait to see what happens!
praisethevillainMar 25, 2019 12:45 PM
Mar 25, 2019 12:44 PM

Apr 2017
what an end to the first cour. i was on the edge of my seat the whole time, and i sure as hell did not expect mama to kill herself, but a mother will do anything for her child.

i feel so bad for taho and mama - they have to put up with daigo's bullshit. i'm really glad taho saw how daigo's sacrifice was completely immoral and cruel, but i'm disappointed he still sided with daigo in the end. on a side note, he looks pretty badass with the scar. i really hope he still sympathizes with him and hasn't completely sided with their father.

gonna miss it for a week but i'm excited for cour two!
Mar 25, 2019 12:46 PM

Feb 2015
Tohomarus anger should really be directed to his father. This was a quite fantastic episode, bleak and compelling.
Mar 25, 2019 12:56 PM

Mar 2016
Tahou tried to fight Hyakki, but I didn't hate him. Rather, I felt sad that he is not even allowed to love his brother.

Am I the only one who thinks: most of the problems here would be solved if they just sacrificed Daddy-maru? (Though, I also think they had said something in episode 1 about Daddy-maru not being accepted as a sacrifice; I can't remember properly.)

Did mummy-maru die? I don't want her to, but I think I would be disappointed if she were still alive. Really hate fake deaths, even if I like the character.

I had forgotten about Mio once again. Guess I didn't like her as much as I thought I did.
Mar 25, 2019 12:57 PM
Apr 2016
As prophesied, the first victim endures no more. The more finally takes her own life, refusing to keep living in a... well, her own "Hell". Tahoomaru is unable to bear the responsibility for ending the prosperity of his people, even though basically everyone now knows they are happy because of a deal with the devil. This will definitely catch up to Daigo later on. The order is now as following: Daigo, after attempted redemption. The Monk. The bodyguard-brother. Final Demon. Hyakkimaru himself. Tahoomaru goes on to become a decent ruler, atoning for the sins of his fathers, and Dororo ends up as the narrator of the whole story, living happily ever after. At least this is how it should end... but how will it?
Re:formed
Mar 25, 2019 12:58 PM

Aug 2008
nightcrawlercyp said:
TigersAndDragons said:

They might have made the land prosper for Daigo and its retainers but even so the regular people are still suffering just as before. But now they also get eaten by monsters.

you have indeed a good point here i must say, although the two brothers will still fight... theconflict was let open between them
plus might now blame H for the death of their mother too
The spider is watching
Mar 25, 2019 12:59 PM
Sep 2018
Honestly everything that happened was amazing. Oku stabbing herself out of guilt was a powerful moment. Hyaakimaru's reaction to the samurai that killed Mio and the kids was great. Plus Hyaakimaru talked in this episode WAY more than he has before.
Mar 25, 2019 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
dany_elle1908 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

you have indeed a good point here i must say, although the two brothers will still fight... theconflict was let open between them
plus might now blame H for the death of their mother too
In the original the mother did not agree with the deed. They took the child by force. To make her agree in this version is totally messed up. The writers really fckd up
Mar 25, 2019 1:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was really well done. Hearing both his brother and mother renounce him like that, even if their reasoning is sound, is just too sad to bear.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2019

161 by ArreolaAn9el »»
Jun 10, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

445 by SpongyMallard »»
Jun 3, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2019

138 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2019

136 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

109 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.