Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 12, 2018 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this show is back and there's obvious fan service with the character outfits. This santa outfit...

Seems pretty much the main cast returned in this sequel. It almost feels like this show never left tbh with the mood. Katsuragi is still the same as ever lol
Asuka sure didn't take long to draw out her weapons this episode already. I wonder if this season will have more action compared to the previous one.
Oct 12, 2018 8:23 AM

May 2018
Fuck yeah. Was looking forward to some mindless ecchi action with low-stakes fighting (pretty sure nobody is going to be killed off), and this certainly hits the spot.
Harem is the opiate of the Anime fandom masses.
Oct 12, 2018 8:45 AM

May 2012
Censored or uncensored ?
Oct 12, 2018 9:37 AM

Nov 2015
Uncensored.
thepath said:
Censored or uncensored ?

Only AT-X japan
Oct 12, 2018 9:41 AM

May 2012
Thanks ^^

Good to now that AT-X is uncensored

I will download AT-X and then use horriblesubs subs on it (you have to delay the subs by 10 seconds usually after the opening song)
Oct 12, 2018 9:52 AM

Sep 2015
Sequel as such is not, because here appear the characters of Deep Crimson including those of Estival Versus and the original mobile game. Which is why those who are waiting for a sequel to the original anime will end up disappointed
Oct 12, 2018 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
This is AT-X uncensored for good reason, it has blood, the violence is upped a bit (and possibly death) as well. Good God Asuka got a seasons beating, definitely something I wouldn't expect from a Christmas episode. This is going to be more action packed than last season.

Oct 12, 2018 11:35 AM

Nov 2015
LOL
Crunchyroll: SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI MASTER (Uncensored) 1 just launched!

The world is changing.... :)
Oct 12, 2018 12:51 PM

Dec 2009
How much nipples, I need a lot
Oct 12, 2018 12:59 PM

Oct 2010
ExxBlack said:
LOL

That's because Crunchyroll is on the production committee and helped fund it. Looks like they're not putting the uncensored version on VRV, though.

"Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma Arc was made possible by contributions to Crunchyroll from Viewers Like You. Thank you."
Oct 12, 2018 1:20 PM

Jun 2015
Whew that was better than expected and I like that it is uncensored pretty nice ecchi. Rather brutal way to start a new season tho
Oct 12, 2018 1:22 PM

Mar 2016
Boner Ready, Boner Engaged, PREPARE FOR THE STRUGGLE!!!
Oct 12, 2018 1:57 PM
Oct 2018
After watching the episode... Are the Hanzo Academy girls... dead?
Oct 12, 2018 2:19 PM

Dec 2009
Vidle said:

Probably not. You can't just kill off the main cast in the first ep. I predict that they either just got beat up and later saved or some magic shit will happen later and reset everything. no one really dies in series besides guys and a few side characters
Oct 12, 2018 2:27 PM

Aug 2012
They rly stepped up their fanservice game.
Oct 12, 2018 3:27 PM
Nov 2017
ExxBlack said:
Uncensored.
thepath said:
Censored or uncensored ?

Only AT-X japan

This isnt directed 2 u but WTF they had over 5 years to add nudity 2 this and thats the best they could come up with??? REALLY
It looks like they took a dime and a quarter and drew a circle and colored it pink. It doesn't even make me think of ecchi ninjas at all. I could do that and I don't draw.
Oct 12, 2018 3:33 PM
Nov 2017
J_B said:
Vidle said:

Probably not. You can't just kill off the main cast in the first ep. I predict that they either just got beat up and later saved or some magic shit will happen later and reset everything. no one really dies in series besides guys and a few side characters

If this is either a continuance or even a side story after they fought the renegades, why the FU*K are they so weak, it doesn't make sense for her to get that much of an ass whooping if the other girls aren't using a lengendary scroll and they weren't so I just dont get how she blocks Homura's kick and can search for her present at light speed where wind blows skirts up but all of a sudden shes 2 slow and weak for that.
Oct 12, 2018 5:05 PM

Dec 2009
L-Mo-Reppin said:
J_B said:

If this is either a continuance or even a side story after they fought the renegades, why the FU*K are they so weak, it doesn't make sense for her to get that much of an ass whooping if the other girls aren't using a lengendary scroll and they weren't so I just dont get how she blocks Homura's kick and can search for her present at light speed where wind blows skirts up but all of a sudden shes 2 slow and weak for that.

Pretty much. Asuka seems to be way stronger than Homu but way weaker than the twins so I assume it's some magic or something boosting them, or limiting her. I'm looking forward to seeing how they deal with the rest of Hanzo in the next ep

L-Mo-Reppin said:
ExxBlack said:
Uncensored.

Only AT-X japan

This isnt directed 2 u but WTF they had over 5 years to add nudity 2 this and thats the best they could come up with??? REALLY
It looks like they took a dime and a quarter and drew a circle and colored it pink. It doesn't even make me think of ecchi ninjas at all. I could do that and I don't draw.

Yeah, the nips are pretty low quality. They even got Ikaruga wrong, in the OVA she had inverted nipples, now she doesn't and the boobs didn't even shake. Seems like a cheap cash grab. Sad part is, the BDs won't even sell since it's already airing uncensored
Oct 12, 2018 5:08 PM

May 2017
I'm sorry, I like the Senran Kagura franchise and appreciate the mainstream availability of an uncensored fanservice anime in 2018, but the production value is SO bad that it's basically a slideshow. The transformations were like, three panels with blur transitions, couldn't they at least do a better job with sequences that they know are going to be reused a lot? I realize this is a low budget anime, as were the previous installments, but come on.

Dropping for now, but let me know later if they had the balls to go uncensored on the tsurupettan characters like Mirai or Ryobi, :p
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Oct 12, 2018 6:08 PM

Aug 2018
It's good to see my ecchi ninja girls finally once again in anime form in the start of the second season.
The uncensored part was a big suprise for sure, but still kinda bummed out the (uncensored) transformation is almost just a slideshow compaired in the games. Anyone knows why this season is from Studio TNK and not Studio Artland instead?

Still, Ikaruga best girl.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 12, 2018 7:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
why...

just why...

is

the art and animation

such trash?
Oct 12, 2018 7:11 PM

Jul 2017
The original Senran Kagura was one of the worst anime I've ever seen so hearing this, I wanted to see how it would pan out.

The art looks bad for 2018 standards, but at the same time, it atleast looks much better than its original (which was blander than seeing paint dry). It wasn't as bad as the original but it still was very mediocre in writing with a Christmas episode for some reason.
Oct 12, 2018 7:29 PM

Feb 2013
As a fan of the series, I'm looking forward to see where this story goes. Second half was pretty intense. They're so casual with showing full nudity now, lol. I'm not complaining. Gonna need some more crimson squad hijinks.
Oct 12, 2018 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
So looks like this won't be an adaptation of Shinovi Versus or Estival Versus going by the first episode. Going by the subtitle of the series, this might be an original story that takes place after the events of Peach Beach Splash or a hint at the story to come in Senran Kagura: 7even. Either way, regardless of how this sells, it's just promoting the series since there is a lot of Senran projects going on this year.

As for the episode, softcore fanservice compared to the first season but we get nudity this time around. Holy moly. the animation is stiff compared to the anime cutscenes in the games. And even the art seems a little off. Granted I'll watch it for the memes but man...I see there's a lot of quality issues.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 12, 2018 10:19 PM

Feb 2017
The animation is way worst compared to season 1... to much static shots.

Good things:
- Uncensored
- Blood

I know this anime is just to promote the game so i does not need to be really well animated but... i want to at least have season 1 quality wise.
Oct 12, 2018 10:51 PM

Aug 2013
already far better than season 1
Oct 13, 2018 12:21 AM
Apr 2018
nDroae said:
ExxBlack said:
LOL

That's because Crunchyroll is on the production "Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma Arc was made possible by contributions to Crunchyroll from Viewers Like You. Thank you."

Ha crunchyroll knows Tits are Life Ass is Homeline

TITTY
ALL
DAY
EVERY
DAY
Oct 13, 2018 2:31 AM

Aug 2016
It has brutality, blood and ecchi uncensored, also be able to see the personality of each, I'm satisfied like that xD
Oct 13, 2018 2:39 AM

Aug 2016
Timz0r said:
It's good to see my ecchi ninja girls finally once again in anime form in the start of the second season.
The uncensored part was a big suprise for sure, but still kinda bummed out the (uncensored) transformation is almost just a slideshow compaired in the games. Anyone knows why this season is from Studio TNK and not Studio Artland instead?

Those 2 studios have something familiar, they also collaborated to do an anime called Sin: Nanatsu no taizai
Oct 13, 2018 3:07 AM
Mar 2011
Timz0r said:
Anyone knows why this season is from Studio TNK and not Studio Artland instead?

Because Artland is pretty much dead.
Oct 13, 2018 4:12 AM

Aug 2013
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
why...

just why...

is

the art and animation

such trash?

I hope that they improve the quality in the big fights.
I liked the episode nevertheless.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Oct 13, 2018 5:59 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
fejota said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
why...

just why...

is

the art and animation

such trash?

the art and animation are so bad that i refuse to make gifs for my profile and im even considering not watching

as a pretty big SK fan....

i feel betrayed lol
Oct 13, 2018 6:47 AM
Oct 2018
J_B said:
Vidle said:

I hope your right about that. If they are dead though, I'm gonna be really mad
Oct 13, 2018 7:11 AM

Aug 2013
Vidle said:
J_B said:

I hope your right about that. If they are dead though, I'm gonna be really mad

In my case, I would be glad if they are dead and Asuka follows a path of vengeance making her a evil ninja for a nice change of pace. Yeah, that would be impossible. I believe that they will be saved and will participate in a deathmatch with the rest of the shinobi factions.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Oct 13, 2018 11:32 AM

Aug 2013
Completely disappointing episode. Art and animation? Massive downgrade if you compare it to previous adaptation made by Artland studio.
Just watch (and listen, because soundtrack is incredible) the first 2 minutes of previous start episode:

First 30 seconds has more animation than whole 1st episode of 2nd season.

Soundtrack? Generic as f**k. Character design is bad too comparing to the games and 1st season. Direction is a joke. I don't mind fanservice. To be honest I like fanservice. But current director can't do it properly, like Watanabe Takashi in 1st season. Pantsu shots were completely random and forced. They even pushed it on the screen when there was a serious scene.
Look at the start of 1st season liked above and then watch this episode. It's pretty clear how shitty this season will be.

Now my question is, what went wrong?
rsc-plOct 13, 2018 11:49 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 13, 2018 11:45 AM

Jun 2010
So, I didn't know the Senran Kagura Anime did nipple shots of characters. Did the first season have that as well? I was considering going back and watching it anyway, but I kind of want to know now.

Also, if it did, were there nipple shots of Mirai? Because if there were I'm immediately going to go marathon it.
Oct 13, 2018 1:06 PM

Aug 2017
The animation has going down seems of that for a hentai, too lackluster, I'm going to watch it anyways, very few interesting series this season.
Oct 13, 2018 3:06 PM

Oct 2010
Okay, got it, here's how the anti-CR faction can spin this: Crunchyroll/Ellation could have invested more in the animation for this, if they'd used the money they invested in High Guardian Spice ;)

CR co-productions tend to be on the cheaper side (Toji no Miko and a bunch of moe SoL).
https://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1009327/anime-co-producedproduced-by-crunchyroll
It seems they were somehow on the production committee for The Ancient Magus' Bride, but I think it's safe to assume the vast majority (90%+?) of that budget would have come from the manga publisher and their Japanese partners. That's a wild guess with zero sources and no qualification on my part; I'm in no way an industry insider, I just read articles and find it an interesting subject. (I wouldn't be surprised if someone has to correct everything I'm saying here)

Not to say this show would have been better off without CR. Maybe it simply wouldn't have been made. It's been over five years since the first season, well past the two-year safety window within which Japanese producers/investors normally prefer to greenlight sequels, exceptions being obvious guaranteed successes like the currently airing Attack on Titan (big gap between S1 and S2), Index III, and Fairy Tail final season.

Agreed on not wanting fanservice in the middle of a girl being brutalized, that just feels bad.
Oct 14, 2018 9:13 AM
Sep 2018
i just picked this show up i thought they were sexy ninja ladies ( they are )
didnt know it was the 2nd season therefore i was a lil confused

also is the mc friends all dead? from those 2 silver hair loli ninjas?

im confuzzled but this seems good...
should i watch season 1 first? (LOL dumb question)
Oct 14, 2018 10:50 AM

Apr 2018
Definitely like this season much better than the first season. I couldn't finish the first season, but I feel there is more action and the animation is more fluid. Also, Asuka and those bunny ears. Too adorable!
Oct 14, 2018 11:05 AM

Nov 2015
lil_cheffer said:
i just picked this show up i thought they were sexy ninja ladies ( they are )
didnt know it was the 2nd season therefore i was a lil confused

also is the mc friends all dead? from those 2 silver hair loli ninjas?

im confuzzled but this seems good...
should i watch season 1 first? (LOL dumb question)

This is not a sequel. You do not need the first season.

Oct 14, 2018 10:54 PM

Oct 2008
Glad that Senran Kagura S2 is back! nice uncensored boobies!
it's been 5 years yo!
4/5.

Oct 16, 2018 1:33 PM

Jun 2016
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
fejota said:

the art and animation are so bad that i refuse to make gifs for my profile and im even considering not watching

as a pretty big SK fan....

i feel betrayed lol

I’m guessing it’s because of the studio changes (I mean, Artland is pretty much dead now). But yeah, I’m so disappointed. I don’t think the first season was anything great, but I can appreciate it as a fun ecchi anime with some decent animation, but this..? This is awful.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Oct 17, 2018 12:32 PM

Feb 2012
Seems those two training arcs were all for nothing if this is indeed Estival timeline. A bit disappointing that the anime still does not have a budget, but I'll watch it in case it happens to be important to the games.
Oct 18, 2018 6:57 AM
Jul 2014
I watched for the PLOT.

People
Love
Oversized
Tits
Oct 20, 2018 2:32 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Super happy tiddie ninja the animation is back. I love seeing my girl Asuka animated again.

The beginning of the episode was sort of boring, but the Crimson Squad was funny. The second half is a stark contrast however, the fight was actually kind of brutal for how one-sided it was.

Excited to see where this goes.
Nov 19, 2018 5:12 AM

Apr 2014
firstly im really happy to see senran kagura get a new anime was hoping it would alot sooner but this is amazing also hope this wont be the last

with that said ep 1 was really nice to see mostly everyone appear but my god was it annoying to see them lose so easy to the ninjas's of the mobile game (from which i know them from) cause from what i can see this take place before the events of the mobile game but still wouldn't think they'd lose like that

anyway looking forward to the rest

Love senran kagura ! also love the fact its uncensored which is a plus!!
DazeFireNov 19, 2018 11:45 AM
"one step at a time"
Mar 27, 2019 3:03 PM

May 2012
Starting off quite ecchi already on this first episode of this second season... the first one didn't had much to offer, so I do not have much expectations of this second season but still looking forwards to see what they'll offer in terms of story!

Let's see what's next.
May 22, 2019 1:38 AM

Feb 2015
I was wondering why the visuals/animation on look different compared to season 1 and the rest... turns out it was made by a different studio... urgh...

It's fine, I'm sure Homura, Mirai, Shiki and Ryoubi will make up for it... I'm sure...
May 28, 2019 2:58 AM

Aug 2017
Asuka got wiped out. Nice shinobi transformations. Homura is hot, love that tan.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma-hen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2018

14 by Wantiid7 »»
Oct 13, 2023 8:53 AM

Poll: » Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma-hen Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2018

19 by Foreall908 »»
Oct 2, 2023 5:57 AM

Poll: » Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

13 by 0451 »»
Aug 4, 2023 4:26 AM

Poll: » Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma-hen Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

31 by Cookiez_X »»
Aug 1, 2023 8:34 PM

Poll: » Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma-hen Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2018

11 by Gendolfas »»
May 3, 2022 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.