Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Isekai Cheat Magician' Receives Anime Adaptation

New
Apr 15, 2018 7:28 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official Twitter account of Shufunnotomo's Hero Bunko imprint announced an anime adaptation of Takeru Uchida and Nardack's Isekai Cheat Magician light novel series on Monday.

Synopsis
Consumed by a beam of light, high school students Tachi and Rin were transported into a world of sword and magic. The pair, who was ordinary until yesterday, became a superhuman-like existence with cheating magical power, surprising the people in the fantasy world. Bewildered by the sudden development, Taichi and Rin begin to live in the alternate world as high spec magicians while helping each other.

Uchida originally launched the adventure fantasy series in the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in April 2012, which has garnered over 60 million views. Shufunotomo began publishing the novel under its Hero Bunko imprint with illustrations by Nardack in June 2013, and its eighth volume will be released this May.

Karin Suzuragi launched a manga adaptation in Monthly Shounen Ace magazine in December 2016. Kadokawa plans to publish the third volume on April 26 along with the June issue of the magazine, which will also feature the series on the cover (pictured). Isekai Cheat Magician has a cumulative 850,000 copies of its light novel and manga volumes in print.

Source: Moca News

Isekai Cheat Magician on MAL
Sakana-sanMay 4, 2018 12:26 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2018 7:36 PM
Apr 2015
I'm interested in this series plus it would be interesting to see two people transfered in another world.
Apr 15, 2018 7:47 PM

Dec 2015
this is so original, can't wait
Apr 15, 2018 7:53 PM

Nov 2008
FYI Anime Industry, you could give us a 4th season of Dog Days to give a good isekai series closure instead of a typical bad LN adaptation.

Apr 15, 2018 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
Not exactly original but considering the addition here I'm actually interested in it. Oh well, who knows.
Apr 15, 2018 8:01 PM
Apr 2012
Unless they 'intentionally' try to exploit the world using their powers.... ehhh.
Apr 15, 2018 8:09 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Welp, I need 15 characters.
Apr 15, 2018 8:11 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
No..... just, no.

DatRandomDudeApr 15, 2018 8:16 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 15, 2018 8:18 PM

Jun 2014
*DJ Khaled, somewhere out there*

ANOTHA ONE!!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 15, 2018 8:32 PM

Jun 2017
Atleast it's not a harem..
Apr 15, 2018 8:58 PM
Jan 2014
Excellent news. Hope the keywords 'isekai' and 'light novel' trigger a lot of shonen casuals.

EDIT: looks like it already did
Apr 15, 2018 9:00 PM

Mar 2015
lack of translation and information, i prefer to wait to judge.. is there original source reader? how is your opinion?
KumaApr 15, 2018 9:08 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 15, 2018 9:14 PM
Jan 2014
I wonder why MAL users get so upset about there being 1-3 isekai LNs adaptations a season, but don't give half a shit about all of the other seasonal stuff that doesn't appeal to them. Is it because anime Youtubers have conditioned them into getting triggered over this specific type of series just because?

Like how come these people don't get upset about stuff like
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36267/Uchuu_Senkan_Tiramis%C3%B9
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37258/Omae_wa_Mada_Gunma_wo_Shiranai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36655/Souten_no_Ken_Re_Genesis
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35183/Gurazeni
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37433/Wakaokami_wa_Shougakusei
even though these shows are way shittier than any LN action fantasy series?
Apr 15, 2018 9:25 PM

Dec 2016
"Isekai Cheat Magician"

Yeah, I think I'll skip out on this one.
Apr 15, 2018 9:29 PM

Mar 2016
Seems like another harem LN adaptation that will not finish in ten years from now on
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Apr 15, 2018 9:35 PM

Apr 2017
I will never get bored of isekais, I'll always watch them no matter how bad they are, and so will the guys that complain about them.
Of course there's gonna be a lot of isekais if people keep watching them, despite complaining about them.
cunnysseur
Apr 15, 2018 9:37 PM

Feb 2015
I am more interested in the NSFW-ish illustration below the picture, than the actual news of the isekai LN anime adaptation. I mean, who'd not seen this coming?
Apr 15, 2018 9:46 PM

Jan 2008
I enjoy my isekai stories but reading the first couple chapters of the manga proved disappointing, seemingly almost nothing unique to it, almost too basic. Maybe something will happen later on but impressions aren't too great.

Oh well, at least we still have Tate and Slime.
Apr 15, 2018 9:49 PM
Aug 2017
Don’t know why people are still complaining. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it, simple as that. You’re wasting your time talking shit.
Apr 15, 2018 10:02 PM

Aug 2015
:')
I was hoping for the other isekai... Oh well... XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 15, 2018 10:13 PM
Apr 2014
another isekai again huh..
Apr 15, 2018 10:15 PM
Jan 2015
Isekai boom still going strong. I'll try it out, but due to the more recent isekai's I've seen some of recently(smartphone and death march to be exact), my expectations will be rather low.
My Queens

Apr 15, 2018 10:37 PM
Apr 2018
Oh my! now I don't need to worry for manga chapters
Apr 15, 2018 11:02 PM

Jan 2016
Oh, i remembered reading the manga around 2-3 chapters.

Kuma said:
is there original source reader? how is your opinion?

Manga not the LN. Well, it was generic isekai. And of course, an OP MC.
_Ako_ said:
I am more interested in the NSFW-ish illustration below the picture.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/106608/Isekai_Meikyuu_de_Harem_wo

There you go.
Detective1412Apr 15, 2018 11:06 PM
Apr 15, 2018 11:25 PM

Jun 2017
Paul said:
I enjoy my isekai stories but reading the first couple chapters of the manga proved disappointing, seemingly almost nothing unique to it, almost too basic. Maybe something will happen later on but impressions aren't too great.

Oh well, at least we still have Tate and Slime.

Slime is handled by 8-bit studio (which is like the worst one)..

And Tate have no chance of coming this year (I love both btw)..
Apr 15, 2018 11:40 PM

Aug 2014
Tasel said:
I will never get bored of isekais, I'll always watch them no matter how bad they are, and so will the guys that complain about them.
Of course there's gonna be a lot of isekais if people keep watching them, despite complaining about them.

I am the guy who complain about it but still watch it to show my impression that is exactly what i thought it was.

I do rather be amazed if it was actually different from what i thought it supposed to be.
Or amazed if it was surpassed my expectations. Of how shit it is.

Judging from the first impression it's basic, not that generic, but still adding cheat to it is already seems a disappointment to me.
"Because why bother to pass all the lame boring character progression or development, right?"

Meh.
Apr 15, 2018 11:45 PM

Dec 2015
I guess the innovative part of this LN is that a pair got isekai'd together, instead of just one person?? Still, most likely I won't bother.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 15, 2018 11:50 PM

Aug 2008
Ok anime industry, have your unimaginative isekais and shitty LN adaptations but let's do it this way: for every 10 garbage titles you have to make one good.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 16, 2018 12:01 AM
Jul 2015
I have read the Manga.

It sucks a lot, as the MC is too arrogant, and the MC has no male comrades in his group like in Kenja no Mago.

Ain't watching this piece of crap.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Apr 16, 2018 12:04 AM

Dec 2014
Well this looks interesting I am looking forward to giving this a try.
Apr 16, 2018 12:14 AM

Jul 2015
Great
more garbage isekai/op mc to avoid
Apr 16, 2018 12:48 AM

Apr 2016
Oh Jesus Christ another Isekai adaptation.
Apr 16, 2018 12:52 AM

Apr 2015
Meh. Getting tired of these isekai adaptations popping up all over the place. Might as well just make a new season of Dog Days than pull this crap.
Apr 16, 2018 1:36 AM

Apr 2015
I tune out every time I see an upcoming anime with the title "isekai" and has girls on the cover. Is that bad?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2018 2:19 AM
May 2017
Peoples start to hating itskai animes for some reason but for me i don't really care those new anime are always fun to watch . So if you dont like those type of shows just don't watch there is alot of peoples that gonna watch
Apr 16, 2018 3:12 AM

May 2013
They don't even bother to make up a flimsy excuse for them superpowers this time.

Apr 16, 2018 3:25 AM

Feb 2015
ItsXolo said:
I wonder why MAL users get so upset about there being 1-3 isekai LNs adaptations a season, but don't give half a shit about all of the other seasonal stuff that doesn't appeal to them. Is it because anime Youtubers have conditioned them into getting triggered over this specific type of series just because?

Like how come these people don't get upset about stuff like
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36267/Uchuu_Senkan_Tiramis%C3%B9
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37258/Omae_wa_Mada_Gunma_wo_Shiranai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36655/Souten_no_Ken_Re_Genesis
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35183/Gurazeni
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37433/Wakaokami_wa_Shougakusei
even though these shows are way shittier than any LN action fantasy series?

Jokes on you but I actually want to watch most of these.
What I don't want to watch from your list: Souten no Ken Re Genesis ofc since I never watched anything from that franchise and Gurazeni since I don't like sport anime that much.

I'm trying to catch up with current season because it looks not that bad <.<
Nothing wrong with more comedy / SOL shows.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Apr 16, 2018 4:19 AM

Jun 2014
I have not seen this one but looks interesting. Always good with more isekai LNs getting animated.
Apr 16, 2018 4:44 AM

Mar 2012
I get why people would be triggered off by this. However this is not like the only genre that has been overexploited over the decades, Their was time when it was onyl mech series, Another Cute girls doing Cute Things age, Another Battle Shounen after Battle shounen. This is just another latest trend.

Still, this one does sound a little mroe unique than most, for one their are two op protagonists, Two They are both male and female which means both demographics get a representitive, Three Does not follow the Harem route. Don't knock till you try it.

Apr 16, 2018 5:08 AM

Oct 2015

Ah, can't wait to see this
Detective1412 said:
Oh, i remembered reading the manga around 2-3 chapters.

Kuma said:
is there original source reader? how is your opinion?

Manga not the LN. Well, it was generic isekai. And of course, an OP MC.
_Ako_ said:
I am more interested in the NSFW-ish illustration below the picture.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/106608/Isekai_Meikyuu_de_Harem_wo

There you go.

There's are a bit romance development between these two main characters .
Apr 16, 2018 5:34 AM

Sep 2016
>LN
>Isekai
>lazy fantasy world
>game mechanism
BWAHAHAHAHA
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 16, 2018 6:04 AM

Dec 2017
call me if this is gonna be any different from death march

1-800-1-ISEKAI
Apr 16, 2018 6:20 AM

Nov 2014
If only isekai stories have more of a balanced power level for the characters, I might watch them.

Why do isekai anime or LNs have these OP af MCs?! What's so fun about annihilating opponents in a single hit? It's this kind of shit that mostly ruins them.
Apr 16, 2018 7:12 AM
Jul 2015
I have very strict requirements and conditions for watching any Isekai or Fantasy-based magic battle anime, and that is : There must be at least 2 Male Characters in the Main Cast ( A good example is Kenja no Mago, where MC's closest male friend, the prince, plays a huge role in the story as expected of the 2nd highest ranking social status in MC's country ( 1st is of course his father, the King, silly ) )

If there are no 2 Male characters in the cast, I ain't watching it. Therefore, I ain't watching Isekai Cheat Magician, as there is no other 2nd male character as a comrade of the MC or good guys in the Main Cast other than that One Single Male Protagonist. Oh, and that other male character better have his own loyal girl ( Cough cough...Poor Goro in Franxx and Poor Sunohara in Clannad. Also poor that 2nd guy from Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai. If that guy from Hitsujikai gets transported to Mahouka Rettousei's world, I'm sure he can get his own loyal girl )

I am deeply in gratitude to my best friend from my high school years, so that's why i hate anime and LNs where MC's best friend doesn't have his own loyal girl. Thankfully in Kenja no Mago, MC's male friends all have their own loyal girlfriends/fiancees, yeehaw ! Multiple Couples LNs rocks !!!

I'd like to see and read more Multiple Couples settings like that in Magic School Battle LNs/Anime instead of the main plot centered on Romance only with no Battle and Magic elements ( Examples : Just Because, Gamers, Tsurezure Children, and Tada-kun wa Koi wo shinai in which those 4 have multiple couples but no magic school, magic, and battles. By the way, i think that in Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, the Author needs to partner Lester with his own loyal girl. Why can't the Author do that for Lester ? Please ? He's my most liked male character in that show. )
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Apr 16, 2018 8:05 AM

Dec 2016
It can't be worse than Death March and Smartphone right? :D I usually like isekais but these two were pretty bad.
Apr 16, 2018 8:46 AM

Jul 2012
I've been avoiding isekai stuff lately but I doubt this is going to be any better, unless it got good reviews.
SamiiApr 16, 2018 8:51 AM
Apr 16, 2018 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
I have very strict requirements and conditions for watching any Isekai or Fantasy-based magic battle anime, and that is : There must be at least 2 Male Characters in the Main Cast ( A good example is Kenja no Mago, where MC's closest male friend, the prince, plays a huge role in the story as expected of the 2nd highest ranking social status in MC's country ( 1st is of course his father, the King, silly ) )

If there are no 2 Male characters in the cast, I ain't watching it. Therefore, I ain't watching Isekai Cheat Magician, as there is no other 2nd male character as a comrade of the MC or good guys in the Main Cast other than that One Single Male Protagonist. Oh, and that other male character better have his own loyal girl ( Cough cough...Poor Goro in Franxx and Poor Sunohara in Clannad. Also poor that 2nd guy from Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai. If that guy from Hitsujikai gets transported to Mahouka Rettousei's world, I'm sure he can get his own loyal girl )

I am deeply in gratitude to my best friend from my high school years, so that's why i hate anime and LNs where MC's best friend doesn't have his own loyal girl. Thankfully in Kenja no Mago, MC's male friends all have their own loyal girlfriends/fiancees, yeehaw ! Multiple Couples LNs rocks !!!

I'd like to see and read more Multiple Couples settings like that in Magic School Battle LNs/Anime instead of the main plot centered on Romance only with no Battle and Magic elements ( Examples : Just Because, Gamers, Tsurezure Children, and Tada-kun wa Koi wo shinai in which those 4 have multiple couples but no magic school, magic, and battles. By the way, i think that in Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, the Author needs to partner Lester with his own loyal girl. Why can't the Author do that for Lester ? Please ? He's my most liked male character in that show. )

The Kenja no Mago-obsessed user attacks again bashing everything that doesn't have two male leads.
Apr 16, 2018 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
ISEKAI KEEPS WINNING XD XD
Apr 16, 2018 9:43 AM

May 2010
Quite a short title for typical isekai LN lol.
Apr 16, 2018 10:31 AM

Apr 2017
isekais will save animu.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novel '9: Nine' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

7 by Shirayukin »»
59 minutes ago

» 'Kisaki Kyouiku kara Nigetai Watashi' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
3 hours ago

» 'Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan' Reveals Supporting Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - May 27

11 by Tropisch »»
3 hours ago

» 'Tasogare Out Focus' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
5 hours ago

» Voice Actress Mai Fuchigami Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by Memore »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.