Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2018 2:10 PM
Jun 2016
Mine has to be the one where a char sees another girls panties or naked, and then gets assaulted/introuble, especially when it's not the chars fault but the idiot char thats changing in the males room for no reason or other things.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 8, 2018 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
the trope of cutting hair as a sign to symbolise character change

any author who does that gets less respect from me honestly.
cutting hair in general too but its not really a trope so
Jan 8, 2018 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
Deknijff said:

finally someone who agrees with me.

i hate girls with short hair both irl and in anime. they look like 50 yo aunts. eww
Jan 8, 2018 2:26 PM
Aug 2016
Some highschool girl's unexplainable sized boobs are going to be obsessed over.

Disproportional and irrational.I can't stand a chance against these characters when it doesn't seem to follow biology and physics.
Jan 8, 2018 2:27 PM

Feb 2013
animation in general

this is why inferno cop and ninja slayer > 99% of anime
Jan 8, 2018 2:30 PM

Jun 2011
Jack_100HP said:
Deknijff said:

i hate girls with short hair both irl and in anime. they look like 50 yo aunts. eww

I think I looked worse with long hair. Mostly because my hair is very thin. It is stringy and breaks easily. Shoulder length is about as long as it can be sadly. Genetics play a huge role in if you can grow long hair. I look my youngest with my hair at shoulders, cut straight. I look punk girl when I have it short. I look like 40 with long hair because of how disgusting it looks long.

I do have hair extensions though And they do look nice. Just my natural hair does not.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jan 8, 2018 2:30 PM

Dec 2016
When a girl beats a guy without a good reason, don't get me wrong. some shows get it right and the guy gets hit because he's an idiot but shows like nisekoi take it to a the next level and beatings become greetings and it basically ruined the show for me.
Jan 8, 2018 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
Mine is probably the one where characters start going into extensive detail about somebody else they barely know.

Like the scene in AoT S2 in the flashback where Ymir figures out Krista's character JUST by looking at her for a few seconds the first time she meets.

It comes off as especially forced when characters TALK to each other like this.
Jan 8, 2018 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
Energetic-Nova said:
Jack_100HP said:

I think I looked worse with long hair. Mostly because my hair is very thin. It is stringy and breaks easily. Shoulder length is about as long as it can be sadly. Genetics play a huge role in if you can grow long hair. I look my youngest with my hair at shoulders, cut straight. I look punk girl when I have it short. I look like 40 with long hair because of how disgusting it looks long.

I do have hair extensions though And they do look nice. Just my natural hair does not.
well for some yeah but i know girls from highschool that purposely cut their hair even tho they look way better wih long
Jan 8, 2018 2:35 PM

Dec 2016
I don't hate this but it does stand out for me.

Outer monologues, like when a character is by themselves and they are just saying everything out loud, its like in some anime universes inner thought don't exist and everything must be said aloud.
Jan 8, 2018 2:36 PM

May 2014
wolfwing said:
Mine has to be the one where a char sees another girls panties or naked, and then gets assaulted/introuble, especially when it's not the chars fault but the idiot char thats changing in the males room for no reason or other things.

I think I agree with the op on this one. A perfect example of this happening is Fuuka episode 1, it starts with that exact scene and it's super annoying.
Jan 8, 2018 2:40 PM
Jun 2016
Primary_Senpai said:
I don't hate this but it does stand out for me.

Outer monologues, like when a character is by themselves and they are just saying everything out loud, its like in some anime universes inner thought don't exist and everything must be said aloud.

a simular one is where people are sneaking but have their outdoor voices on.

Not anime, but the number of times in person of interest where the main char is talking over a earpiece while under cover and speaking outloud right next to the guys he's supposed to be tailing or such.
Jan 8, 2018 2:45 PM

Nov 2012
Deknijff said:

You must really dislike Nisio Isin then:

Jan 8, 2018 2:48 PM

Sep 2014
It might sound weird but I'm very sensitive when monsters/beasts/anthros are ennemies and are beaten/killed...

Not only because I love them (yeah yeah, call me furry if you want..) but also because this kind of thing attracts every tropes I can't stand like handsome/cute heroes vs ugly/scary badguys, David vs Goliath, speech of the power of mankind, over-the-top/ stylized fights,....
Jan 8, 2018 2:52 PM

Jul 2017
When romance anime end where they begin aka no further relationship progress
Also including romance anime with a haremesq ending with no partner being chosen

I mean I get that in some cases the source isn't finished an all but come on they really try to get 2 characters together just for them to be 'just friends' at the end of it all
Jan 8, 2018 2:53 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Introverted bookworms, ice queens and yamato nadeshikos: they all tend to end up with the personality of a piece of cardboard that add absolutely nothing of value to the show on their own
Jan 8, 2018 2:58 PM
Jul 2017
Weak pussy ass mcs that always wines and yell for help aand can barely stabd on their own 2 skinny feet. If the entire concept of having that mc in the series is to make jokes at how weak/uselss he/she is then its an instant skip for me.
Jan 8, 2018 3:00 PM

Oct 2013
JokerJoestar said:
Deknijff said:

You must really dislike Nisio Isin then:

Your guess is right on the money my friend. It is as you say
Jan 8, 2018 3:01 PM

Sep 2014
The total absence of adults around. Not adults in general, but parents. Our main protags always have the "ideal" living alone scenario. The influence of parents as side characters to the story can be such an amazing way to progress the story. I always think about Madoka Magica here, why is everyone else apparently an orphan?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 8, 2018 3:04 PM
Jun 2016
Balong said:
It might sound weird but I'm very sensitive when monsters/beasts/anthros are ennemies and are beaten/killed...

Not only because I love them (yeah yeah, call me furry if you want..) but also because this kind of thing attracts every tropes I can't stand like handsome/cute heroes vs ugly/scary badguys, David vs Goliath, speech of the power of mankind, over-the-top/ stylized fights,....

yeah, least in the isekai world they tend to be more neutral it seems, but alot of anime have all of them as villians.
Jan 8, 2018 3:08 PM

Nov 2014
When a character JUST. WONT. DIE. Characters die two or three times in the story just to keep coming back to life. It just ruins the narrative stakes of a show, to the point where I'll see a character die and just go: "...So when are they gonna be resurrected?"
Jan 8, 2018 3:11 PM

Apr 2011
Basically all the ones already listed. I hate tsunderes the most but all tropes get annoying and uninteresting after a while.
Jan 8, 2018 3:24 PM

Jan 2018

Short_Circut said:
When romance anime end where they begin aka no further relationship progress
Also including romance anime with a haremesq ending with no partner being chosen

I mean I get that in some cases the source isn't finished an all but come on they really try to get 2 characters together just for them to be 'just friends' at the end of it all

I have to second this. This drives me insane.
ὁ αΌ€νεξΞ­ταστος βΞ―ος οὐ βιωτα½Ές αΌ€νθρώπαΏ³
[center]
Jan 8, 2018 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
wolfwing said:

God, this trope drives me nuts. Why does this happen in most Harem anime?
Jan 8, 2018 3:26 PM
Jun 2017
Deknijff said:

why is that?
The Monogatari seri for example, every heroines cut their hair at least once
but I see no problem
It's not for symbolism or anything of the sort
They just cut their hair, it's that simple
Jan 8, 2018 3:32 PM

Oct 2013
Long_Ng said:
Deknijff said:

why is that?
The Monogatari seri for example, every heroines cut their hair at least once
but I see no problem
It's not for symbolism or anything of the sort
They just cut their hair, it's that simple
There is a reason why I basically only find Shinobu attractive from the series and its as you mention. Them other bitches don't have nice hair

Long hair is the source of all that is sexy/attractive for me
Jan 8, 2018 3:41 PM

Jun 2011
Jack_100HP said:
Energetic-Nova said:

well for some yeah but i know girls from highschool that purposely cut their hair even tho they look way better wih long

I think if you can grow long hair, long hair is beautiful. Thick beautiful hair. But average, men have thicker hair, women have more folicals. Some folks like myself get neither thick or lots of hair. Mostly do to later puberty. So I have more androgynous features. Men with later puberty have similar issues. More prone to androgynous appearance the later it is. Also likely to look younger forever.
I think the only thing I have going for me is being underweight and for people who like androgyny. So, my beauty is more like... Tilda Swinton I guess. The appeal is niche but not many people have a weird beauty or the people that like it. When I have extensions, I definitely look more typical.

A lot of people have said I look more boyish than my husband who is mistaken for a girl a lot. Just more acceptable for a girl to be boyish...
Jan 8, 2018 3:42 PM
Sep 2011
A trend I've been seeing a lot in recent shows is the need to have one female character come up behind another female character and squeeze her breasts. Because it's okay when it's two girls apparently.

Love Live has an entire character who is centered around this. And it's not even between two close friends, she does it to people who she is a complete stranger to.
Jan 8, 2018 3:52 PM

Jun 2011
RLinksoul said:
A trend I've been seeing a lot in recent shows is the need to have one female character come up behind another female character and squeeze her breasts. Because it's okay when it's two girls apparently.

Love Live has an entire character who is centered around this. And it's not even between two close friends, she does it to people who she is a complete stranger to.

I think the only character I really accepted this for is Haruhi. But more because her social skills seem to suck all around. Unlike the girl in Love Live who is supposed to be liked???on student council??? Yeah I don’t buy it. Haruhi was an outcast who happened to be pretty. Everyone thought she was very weird. She is probably autistic, and I say this as someone autistic. She was obsessed with her interests to the point of. Caring for nothing else.

I irl had a girl do this to me who I did not know well. Very much a outcast girl. Very weird. Even less accepted than me in middle school.
Energetic-NovaJan 8, 2018 4:00 PM
Jan 8, 2018 3:57 PM

Sep 2014
wolfwing said:
Balong said:

yeah, least in the isekai world they tend to be more neutral it seems, but alot of anime have all of them as villians.

In fantasy / MMO-ish animes I've seen, they tend to be ennemy too. If not, they're, at best, secondary characters. The only exception was Mahou No Sho with Mercenary.
Jan 8, 2018 4:00 PM
Jun 2016
Balong said:
wolfwing said:

In fantasy / MMO-ish animes I've seen, they tend to be ennemy too. If not, they're, at best, secondary characters. The only exception was Mahou No Sho with Mercenary.

well you have mix, shield iseksai, slime, goblin, spider all have primary/secondary main chars as animal/beastmen heh

also 4 of my favorite isekai.
Jan 8, 2018 4:02 PM

Aug 2014
Deknijff said:

That's true, it's kinda weird cutting hair means character development.

Then there's this..
First bitch MC met, win. Mostly it's the Tsundere bitch.
So Tsundere are okay but author mostly exaggerated the personality to the point the Tsundere one doesn't look like a normal human anymore.

In harem anime, most author are chicken for a harem route and proceed to give us half assed fanservice.

Now about fanservice
- Changing clothes then MC got slapped even though it's an accident
- Beach, does it have to beach?

Also when Most of villain also literally had no background in them, it makes you felt nothing even if they got killed.
I mean just lol fuck it kill that guy and save the day.
Jan 8, 2018 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
Deknijff said:

Interesting. Why do you dislike that trope?
Jan 8, 2018 4:05 PM
Jun 2016
Deknijff said:

I think it can work depending on the scene or reason, videl cutting her hair showed she was taking being a martial artist more serious or such. Other times it just looks and seems silly.
Jan 8, 2018 4:15 PM

Oct 2013
NihilisticLoner said:
Deknijff said:

Because I need long hair 99.999% of the time to find a female character attractive
wolfwing said:
Deknijff said:

I think it can work depending on the scene or reason, videl cutting her hair showed she was taking being a martial artist more serious or such. Other times it just looks and seems silly.
Its not a matter of if it works or not for me since I don't think of that. I just get disappointed that the character is no longer sexually attractive to me
If memory serves right Videl cut her hair because she thought Gohan had a thing for short hair and not really a matter of taking martial arts seriously
Jan 8, 2018 4:23 PM
Jul 2018
Deknijff said:
Because I need long hair 99.999% of the time to find a female character attractive

That's your reason?!
I thought I had no shame...
Dammit. I need to work harder to become an even filthier degenerate.
Jan 8, 2018 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
NihilisticLoner said:
Deknijff said:
That's your reason?!
You calling me a filthy degenerate here or something just because I can't stand short hair
Jan 8, 2018 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
MC who died in accident and was sent to another world to make a better place with his OP skill while hitting on countless chicks who fell for MC with cheap reason or no reason at all for the greater fucking God who sent him.
removed-userJan 8, 2018 10:38 PM
Jan 8, 2018 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Deknijff said:
NihilisticLoner said:
That's your reason?!
You calling me a filthy degenerate here or something just because I can't stand short hair

I'm joking.
I just find it silly that your reason for why you dislike an anime trope is because you prefer girls with longer hair.
Jan 8, 2018 4:32 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Onii-chan said:
MC who died in accident and sent to another world to make a better place with his OP skill while hitting to countless chicks who are falling in love with MC with cheap reason or no reason at all for the greater fucking God who sent him.
Yeah this one is probably the worst of all.
Jan 8, 2018 4:41 PM

Oct 2013
NihilisticLoner said:
Deknijff said:
I'm joking.
I just find it silly that your reason for why you dislike an anime trope is because you prefer girls with longer hair.
I mean. I could say also that the trope is lazy in its representation of a character's inner change since if a character changes it should be apparent by their actions or beliefs instead of it being a physical thing. But I don't really care about talking about that too much as its not as important
when long hair makes all the difference in sexiness

DeknijffJan 8, 2018 4:45 PM
Jan 8, 2018 4:47 PM
Jun 2016
Deknijff said:
NihilisticLoner said:
wolfwing said:
Its not a matter of if it works or not for me since I don't think of that. I just get disappointed that the character is no longer sexually attractive to me
If memory serves right Videl cut her hair because she thought Gohan had a thing for short hair and not really a matter of taking martial arts seriously

She thought so, but gohan pointd out it's better for a fightyer, less things to grab in a fight.
Jan 8, 2018 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
Deknijff said:
NihilisticLoner said:
I'm joking.
I mean. I could say also that the trope is lazy in its representation of a character's inner change since if a character changes it should be apparent by their actions or beliefs instead of it being a physical thing. But I don't really care about talking about that too much as its not as important

A character cutting their hair often represents them being freed of a burden, figuratively.
Literally, it's also true, because long hair weighs you down.

But yes you're right, long hair is the sexiest. Even though you and I have opposite fetishes, we are brothers in this agreement :)
Jan 8, 2018 4:48 PM

Jul 2016
I hate god/messiah complexes, but that's not exclusive to anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2018 4:51 PM

Sep 2017
Introducing best girl as the love rival and then making her lose 'cause first girl always wins.

:(
Jan 8, 2018 4:52 PM

Aug 2014
Onii-chan said:
MC who died in accident and sent to another world to make a better place with his OP skill while hitting to countless chicks who are falling in love with MC with cheap reason or no reason at all for the greater fucking God who sent him.

That felt like a fucking trophe for every isekai Series.
This is why i hate most of isekai.
There's no reason to even make that trophe if the MC background before reincarnated aren't even going explained, told, had to something with the story.
Remove the tropes and you'll get pretty much the same story with less bullshit.
Also FFS a damn fantasy world with RPG or MMO system? This isn't game bitch, SAO or stuff like log Horizon are different because it is a game based, not reincarnated.

Don't forget the Truckkun and God mistake, they're always there. Also same trophe with SAO/Log Horizon, transported to the game world lul.

Deknijff said:
NihilisticLoner said:
I'm joking.
I mean. I could say also that the trope is lazy in its representation of a character's inner change since if a character changes it should be apparent by their actions or beliefs instead of it being a physically thing. But I don't really care about talking about that too much as its not as important

Depends on the character.
Misaka hair was always short, it define her dere personality though it doesn't cross that line yet making her likeable Characters.
I don't mind having long haired Misaka but all the misaka clone doesn't even had one despite being born with a very long hair.
Jan 8, 2018 4:54 PM

Oct 2013
wolfwing said:
She thought so, but gohan pointd out it's better for a fightyer, less things to grab in a fight.
yeah I know he said that but she still did it due to the initial misconception
NihilisticLoner said:
Deknijff said:

A character cutting their hair often represents them being freed of a burden, figuratively.
Literally, it's also true, because long hair weighs you down.

But yes you're right, long hair is the sexiest. Even though you and I have opposite fetishes, we are brothers in this agreement :)
Yeah I don't care about the outer meaning if all it does is make the character less attractive and they could show the change from within all the more anyway

but good to hear man
Jan 8, 2018 5:07 PM
Jun 2016
Xaelath said:
Onii-chan said:

That felt like a fucking trophe for every isekai Series.
This is why i hate most of isekai.
There's no reason to even make that trophe if the MC background before reincarnated aren't even going explained, told, had to something with the story.
Remove the tropes and you'll get pretty much the same story with less bullshit.
Also FFS a damn fantasy world with RPG or MMO system? This isn't game bitch, SAO or stuff like log Horizon are different because it is a game based, not reincarnated.

Don't forget the Truckkun and God mistake, they're always there. Also same trophe with SAO/Log Horizon, transported to the game world lul.

Deknijff said:
I mean. I could say also that the trope is lazy in its representation of a character's inner change since if a character changes it should be apparent by their actions or beliefs instead of it being a physically thing. But I don't really care about talking about that too much as its not as important

Depends on the character.
Misaka hair was always short, it define her dere personality though it doesn't cross that line yet making her likeable Characters.
I don't mind having long haired Misaka but all the misaka clone doesn't even had one despite being born with a very long hair.

I think it isekai and game mechanics can work if they are fun or interesting.

I'm a spider so what? is a great example, it's just so much watching where it's going.

Or the goblin one, even if it's got questionable content about woman I like the way they grow in that one.

or just it's got great cast like shield or slime.

But definetly alot of c/p ones that don't do anything interesting, or if they do they forget about it for a while the one where the guy makes guns in a fantasy world then ends up kidnapped or soemthing for a while derailing what semi made it interesting.
Jan 8, 2018 5:09 PM
Jun 2016
On the isekai bandwagon, ones that do something unique, or least try too and then forget they did that.

In another world with a smart phone, the only sorta interesting thing about it was the smartphone, and it gets forgotten 80% of the time for the cliche over powered magick, harem and other stuff.

or as I mentioned, the one where guy makes guns in a fantasy world and then gets kidnapped for a while derailing what made it interesting.
Jan 8, 2018 5:32 PM

Oct 2015
Panty shots and shit like those that is unnecessary to the show. I like panty shots, okay. When it's on shows like To Love-Ru, but there are some I've seen some on anime that are dramas. Why tho?

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - 11 hours ago

23 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect, part 2.

Gashadokur0 - May 28

33 by Gashadokur0 »»
4 minutes ago

» Does your opinion of a voice actor change when you hear them voice characters in hentai?

Dragevard - Yesterday

12 by Hitagi__Furude »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » r/Anime vs MyAnimelist. ( 1 2 )

Makoto_Yuri - Apr 21, 2022

86 by _YaoiShotaIncest »»
12 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - 11 hours ago

20 by MadanielFL »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.