Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2017 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode/season 2 finale definitely felt more like a setup for the upcoming season. We got members of the League of Villians assembled including Giran, Toga, Dabi, etc.

I find it very amusing with how Uraraka got though XD

Deku also had a dangerous encounter with Shigaraki. Scary. I think Shigaraki's VA did an excellent job to bring out his personality. Pretty good season even with that one original anime episode. 9/10.
Sep 30, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2012
Well here it is, the last episode of season 2. It's sad, but with Weekly Shonen Jump already confirming a season 3 there's a silver lining at least in knowing we won't have that long to wait. Anyway, with the exams over our heroes in training decide to have a light-hearted trip to the mall to get some supplies for their summer camp excursion. Oh did I say light-hearted? I meant terrifying! That's right, Young Midoriya, All Might's chosen successor, gets a face to face meeting with Shigaraki himself, All For One's chosen successor, out in the open where anyone could be used as a hostage. And that face ain't pretty. Seriously if you haven't checked out the corresponding manga chapter yet, Chapter 69, I suggest you do. That full page of Shigaraki's smiling face? Pure nightmare fuel. Props to Deku for keeping his cool under such stressful conditions. And come on Uraraka! Keep better tabs on your future husband! :D Anyway, the confused Shigaraki has received some clarity from Deku. It all comes down to All Might. Sounds ominous certainly, but where are we going from here? Luckily we should find out...in season 3! 9/10 for season 2. Great adaptation of the source material. I hope they continue adapting this with as much care as they've shown to this point.
animefan8800Sep 30, 2017 3:14 AM
Sep 30, 2017 1:53 AM

Sep 2016
the second half of the season after zabuza arc definitely really painful to watch, nothing interesting happen, but next season should be better with 1 big fight if i i remember correctly.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 30, 2017 1:54 AM

May 2014
Seems like the show emulated season 1's style of ending it off with a teaser. One thing we can all be glad about, is that season 3 is confirmed. Plus it will be 2 cour.

I haven't read the manga and will try to refrain myself from reading it but I'm hoping more character origins occur in the future. Overall a bittersweet ending for me. 9/10

MAL
My Reviews
Deliver Here
Join CK Now 🍭
"We don't lose our friends. We just learn who the real ones are"- Shoto Todoroki

Sep 30, 2017 2:08 AM

Sep 2017
Ayt something to look forward to and finish. Now here we are again waiting game. Better than getting 1 year worth of fillers I guess.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 30, 2017 3:02 AM

Mar 2016
everything felt kinda underwhelming after the tournament arc. i still really enjoyed it. finale was okay but it didnt seem like one but thats because yayay we get a season 3!!!!!
Sep 30, 2017 3:04 AM

Dec 2012
Great finale episode. Dabi & Toga sound great & them joining the Villain Alliance is going to be interesting.

Happy that all the students get to go on the fieldtrip.

DAMN Shigaraki grabbing Deku by the throat was terrifying & that smile.
Interesting chat between the two. Glad Deku is OK.

All For One planning big things for Shigaraki.

Season 02 has been ABSOLUTELY amazing & brilliant. Another fantastic adaptation from Studio Bones. Season 01 was awesome, but Season 02 was just spectacular & took the show to another level.

Everything from the characters, art, animation and music/OST has been excellent. I am so happy with how Studio Bones has put in so much effort with this show.

All Might is an amazing hero & the way he inspires Deku & the others is amazing.

Highlights were definitely the Sports Festival Arc, Deku vs Todoroki, Deku, Todoroki & Iida vs Stain as well as seeing the students of Class 1-A get their moment to shine & really show off what it means to be a hero.

Massive congratulations & round of applause to Studio Bones & everyone involved in the production of this anime.

So sad to see this show end. I’m gonna miss everyone. So freaking excited they announced a 3rd Season. Cannot wait to see the next arcs animated.

Overall this gets a 10/10.

PLUS ULTRA!

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 30, 2017 3:13 AM

Oct 2015
Great episode for setting up the events of season 3 and establishing the dichotomy between Midoriya and Shigaraki. And I enjoyed seeing the other characters again.

This season has been a pleasure to watch. The highlight was definitely the Midoriya vs Todorki fight, followed by everything with Stain, but the Exam arc was definitely less impactful. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it and I'm even more excited for season 3 which will surpass seasons 1 and 2. As a manga reader I didn't remember much from the earlier chapters but the contents of season 3 are ones I reread from time to time and still get goosebumps.

8/10 for season 2
Sep 30, 2017 3:19 AM

Dec 2013
This season is such a massive improvement compared to the first.

This episode made me like Shigaraki significantly more. His smiles were terrifying!
Sep 30, 2017 3:24 AM

Dec 2015
Wow that was a great conclusion. When I started this season I wasn't expecting much, but each and every episode made me feel such hype and excitement, that I quickly starter being impatient about what was gonna happen next. An enormous improvement over the first season, this show has managed to become one of my most favorite shows ever. 10/10. I can't wait for Season 3!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 30, 2017 3:32 AM

Apr 2014
Wow, That's a great final episode!
Can't wait for season 3! It should be 2 cour or riot!
So I will be rating this a 10 out of 10 score over all!
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 30, 2017 3:35 AM
Aug 2014
Midoriya's terrified face was quite entertaining. Although we wouldn't have a story anymore, you should've killed him then and there Tomura.
Sep 30, 2017 3:36 AM

Nov 2016
Very good episode in terms of concluding the previous arc and setting up for the next ones to follow, very fitting for an ongoing show.

Well, overall definitely a step up from the already great first season.

9/10 from me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 30, 2017 3:36 AM

Dec 2014
Great finale!

I was kinda thrown off for a moment when the ED started playing so soon after the OP, I was totally like 'What?'.

The little banter in class especially with Aizawa saying 'Rational falsehood' was hilarious. XD

Our UA students decide to take a little class trip to the mall, and Deku has a very interesting chance encounter with Tomura.
I really like how Deku distinguishes Stain and Tomura by saying, he could at least understand Stain's perspective even if he couldn't accept it and with Tomura he lacked both. Sadly enough, Deku's words became fuel for Tomura as he now understands that he must display a conviction that inspires people to follow him if he ever wants the league of villains to succeed. It's gonna be real sad to see the league take advantage of Stain's character. :(

A pretty ominous ending and I guess Anime viewers finally see the full face of All for One. I also encourage people to read the manga chapter this episode was based on simply because you need to see the amazing art for Tomura's creepy face.

Overall, amazing season once again and I really appreciate the amount of work and care Bones have put into this series. It was visually stunning with an amazing soundtrack to go along with once again, most importantly it was faithful to the source, and everything extra that was added or extended always felt like it made things better which is normally never the case when it comes anime original material. Huge props to Bones for making this what they did and I honestly shudder to think how this series would have been had it been animated by someone else.
As for the content itself. BnHA has always been one of my favorite series ever since it was published and I'm always more than happy to see more animated content for it, I've always loved how the show at it's core has always been a pure Shounen bringing out the classic Shounen themes that are associated with the demograph, not to mention the pure heroism aspect of the show. All this together hits home pretty strongly for me, so it's not really surprising I love this series as much as I do.

U***** ****** ** SMASH IS COMING!!

10/10, PREPARE FOR GLORY!
PLUS ULTRA!
Lelouch0202Sep 30, 2017 3:39 AM
Sep 30, 2017 3:39 AM

Sep 2017
This was a fantastic episode and set up for the next season perfectly. This was also an improvement from the first season finale. I cant wait for season 3!
Sep 30, 2017 3:41 AM

Jan 2015
Now this is Excitement. The "Encounter" at this final Episode with all that private conversation straight with Tomura makes it really worth waiting for the next Season. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 30, 2017 3:41 AM

Sep 2017
It totally feels like there is comming a 3rd season, cause' it didn't feelt so unfinished.
There must come an other one.

Sep 30, 2017 3:52 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This episode was a "small" advance that we will watch in the third season!!!kekeke
To my pleasure, this season was better that first one!!!
Sep 30, 2017 3:54 AM

Dec 2015
More 'Boku no Hero Academia' is always welcome.

9/10. Appropriate ending.It looks more like a prologue for season 3.
Sep 30, 2017 3:58 AM

Dec 2014
This season started pure hype with the TOURNAMENT ARC! and continued to be amazing the whole way through. I thought the first season was good but this was something else entirely. Knowing that it's getting a third season is some fantastic news. I just don't know if I want to pass where the anime is in the manga or not. The anime is perfect and I don't want to lose that surprise factor from reading ahead. Hmm??? Well I guess I have a while to think about it.

10/10
Sep 30, 2017 3:58 AM

Feb 2013
Toga always manages to make my kokoro go doki doki.
Tomura's creepy smile was adapted really nice.
Sep 30, 2017 4:02 AM
Oct 2016
The scene near the ending when we see Midoriya's mom... I forgot how traumatized she must have been with her son involved in all the high profile villain cases. Midoriya comforting her made me smile. The pure innocent sun has grown so much, I'm so proud of him, so proud.

Can't wait for next season.
Sep 30, 2017 4:11 AM

Jun 2014
Shigaraki's face without the hand on it is so creepy.....in case anyone is curious, here's the manga comparison:

That whole conversation scene between him and Deku was intense and handled very well. It's a good thing Uraraka showed up or things could have ended up becoming very bad. I also liked Dabi and Toga's official introductions, Aizawa trolling the class (thankfully they're all able to go on the trip), and the great setup for future events at the end. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better adaptation, this season was amazing.

The icing on the cake was, obviously, the confirmation for season 3, and I can't wait. The most LIT fight of the entire series should be in the upcoming season, so people, do your best to prepare your bodies NOW.
thebrentinator24Sep 30, 2017 4:14 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 30, 2017 4:12 AM

Jan 2009
Shigaraki's creepy face was animated amazingly lol
hype for All For One to show up next season

Sep 30, 2017 4:18 AM

Sep 2014
Who the hell hated this episode? lol
Sep 30, 2017 4:23 AM
Jul 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
Shigaraki's face without the hand on it is so creepy.....in case anyone is curious, here's the manga comparison:

That whole conversation scene between him and Deku was intense and handled very well. It's a good thing Uraraka showed up or things could have ended up becoming very bad. I also liked Dabi and Toga's official introductions, Aizawa trolling the class (thankfully they're all able to go on the trip), and the great setup for future events at the end. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better adaptation, this season was amazing.

The icing on the cake was, obviously, the confirmation for season 3, and I can't wait. The most LIT fight of the entire series should be in the upcoming season, so people, do your best to prepare your bodies NOW.
surely im not the only one who thinks the face in the manga looks more intimidating and terrifying?
Sep 30, 2017 4:30 AM

Sep 2017
The tension was real when Tomura asked Deku to "chat". Overall a pretty nice episode to wrap up this season and set up the next (Just like s1 we got a s3 confirmation already, yay!) Even if I've already seen the manga I can't wait to see the next season, if it's 24 chapters like this we will see animated the most important fight of the series! Overall, this season has been a solid 9/10, with some amazing fights and character development. And if they adapt it well, season 3 will be a 10, no doubt about it.
Sep 30, 2017 4:31 AM

Jun 2014
dicecop said:
Who the hell hated this episode? lol

Probably people with no lives who will continue doing this for season 3, instead of dropping the series for good right now to use their time watching something they actually enjoy.

@398288 Yeah I think so too, but it's probably difficult to translate that level of detail into anime form.
thebrentinator24Sep 30, 2017 4:40 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 30, 2017 4:31 AM

Jul 2017
Man this season has seriously been fantastic and has been my favourite series for quite a while now
I'll give more even ten ratings for this. Absolutely fucking gorgeous

The main point was definitely the fight between Deku against Todoroki plus everything with Stain n then some character development for other students

So lets see what we've got for the next season. As a non-manga readers, I've heard so many shit things will happen soon

I guess its time to read the manga XD
HYPE HYPE HYPE !!!
Sep 30, 2017 4:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
isekai said:
Shigaraki's creepy face was animated amazingly lol
hype for All For One to show up next season

Agreed but like I expected, it's still not as terrifying as it was in the manga which is fine

I'm hyped for all the AFO, Toga/Dabi and LoV greatness in S3 :D Great second season overall as expected
Sep 30, 2017 4:48 AM
Jan 2014
Mediocre show with a terrible MC and pretty good production values.
Sep 30, 2017 4:50 AM
Jun 2017
VILLAINS are now coming this season 3... wahahaha.. im happy that this series has season 3 and guess what it introduced some new Villains they will face.. wahahaha...
Sep 30, 2017 4:50 AM

May 2012
Great conclusion to the season. We even got a friggin 3rd season announcement!(who knows when this'll be though...)

Man, everything was adapted so perfectly so far, so I can't imagine how great season 3 will be especially if it's another 2-cour.

extremely high 8/10 or 9/10

Sep 30, 2017 4:57 AM

Dec 2015
A MASTERPIECE!!! what a perfect way to end the season!
so many things happened, the episode was very good from the beginning to the end. Uraraka was very cute as always and i loved how she told Tomura to get his hands off of Midoriya, i love their friendship a lottttt!!! i also loved the scene with Deku and his mom, it was very precious!

i'm so excited for season 3!!!!! though i'll start reading the manga since it is what i have been planning on doing once the second season ends!

10/10
Sep 30, 2017 5:10 AM

May 2017
Did they give Shigaraki a mole or something? Don't remember him having that in the manga.
Sep 30, 2017 5:12 AM

Jul 2015
CodeCaramel said:
Did they give Shigaraki a mole or something? Don't remember him having that in the manga.

When the chapter was first scanned, the scanlators removed the mole because I assume they didn't realise what it was. It has always been there in the official version.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Sep 30, 2017 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode and the whole season was awesome, especially the tournament arc. Season 3 being announced is good news. 9/10

Sep 30, 2017 5:22 AM

Jun 2016
That was an okay finale episode, though I expected more. Heck, it's still good. :)

Tomura scared the fuck outta me when he appeared and THAT FACE, maaan. Please keep on wearing your weird mask and onegai don't remove it. Haha.

It hurts me knowing that one day we'll see All Might dying and I don't want that to happen. He deserves to live forever and he's too precious to die. Idk. Just seeing him looking like THAT hurts me. Ugh. I love you, All Might. You're the greatest!

Uraraka's still freaking out over Aoyama's question about her liking Deku. Hehe.

No Tsuyu scene? NANDEEEE? ;-;

Anyhoo, I'm giving this show a 9/10. Can't wait for the 3rd season. Yaaaaay! ;)

P.S. What a sad way to end this anime, maaan. ALL MIIIIIIGHT!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 30, 2017 5:23 AM
Apr 2017
GangsterCat said:
the second half of the season after zabuza arc definitely really painful to watch, nothing interesting happen, but next season should be better with 1 big fight if i i remember correctly.

Wtf are you even saying ? That was Stain dammit not Zabuza. Though I agree the season slowed down after the Stain arc, still this last ep was brilliant. 9/10 this season for me.
Sep 30, 2017 5:24 AM

Apr 2016
Great conclusion and great setup for the 3rd season.Shigaraki's face cannot be animated better than this lmao.
9/10
Sep 30, 2017 5:28 AM

Jun 2017
Rather weak finale, in my opinion. Still a phenomenal season as a whole, though. Can't wait for season 3!
Sep 30, 2017 5:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great ending to an exceptional season of Boku no Hero Academia(My Hero Academia)! Truth be told, I never expected this Season to be so much more intense, enjoyable and brilliant than the first and so I'm truly glad it indeed was.
"Enounter", is as it's title suggest an encounter between the two top disciples of the two opposing leaders(AFO, OFA) and the most psychological episode in this series up to date. Shigaraki finally found his 'conviction' all leading up to All Might, just as expected, and really mad early his point here in an emphatic fashion that it really took me by surprise although we were hinted such would be demonstrated in this episode thanks to this episode's preview. Nonetheless, the intensity and intimidation that Shigaraki stimulated within Deku and the viewers was just so overwhelming, it was a given. Those shocked facial expressions by Deku really just proves it all, and they were seriously amazing too. Lol, Uraraka's monologues though, stirred up by none other than Aoyama, was hilarious to watch but her expression to encountering Shigaraki was priceless too. I would have love to see her come up with a more fierce attitude and self-confidence in order to protect her future husband(Deku ultimately, hopefully fingers crossed). Well, props to Demi though for keeping his calm and clearly explaining why the Hero Killer is better than Shigaraki in front of the envious and emotionally unstable Shigaraki. It was a real blessing to see that. Now, it's time to wait and see the transformations for all the students during this short summer break. It would be pleasing to see an OVA covering that part, if the upcoming season doesn't of course.
With all that said and done, I award this show with a meticulous score of a high and well-achieved all round 9/10 to the show and a solid 5/5 to this episode albeit being a little weak in terms of the action sequences and etc. After all, those expressions and psychological developments were brilliant as it was in managing to lay out a perfect base for which the upcoming Season 3 can continue from. Yet another perfect adaption from Studio Bones so let's hope the adaption William remain faithful throughout. Can't wait for Season 3 to air...

Story Development/Plot Developments: 9.5/10
Art/Animation: 9/10
Sound Department: 9/10
Characters: 9/10
Enjoyment: 10/10

=> Overall: 9.25/10
_MushiRock11_Sep 30, 2017 5:47 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 30, 2017 5:39 AM

Feb 2014
Just like season one, season two ends on a teaser for the next season, in which I'm super hyped for. =)

Shigaraki was intense and downright creepy. Seeing him without his multiple hands on his face was creepy enough, but then he pulled THAT smile, which I don't think I can unsee it now! X_X

Either way, he has found his conviction and All For One is happy with that as well, as we see what he's planning at the very end of the episode.

As for Uraraka, no matter how hard she tries, but she can't get Aoyama's words out of her mind now. Seeing her getting embarrassed and flustered about Deku was incredibly cute. Maybe one day, she'll stop denying it and start developing feelings for him. =3

Overall, season two has been an improvements over season one. The Tournament Arc was simply breath-taking and my personal favourite arc over both seasons. Still, the Stain Arc and the Exams Arc was still excellent in their own right of course, so I'm hoping that Bones continue their great production values and give the third season another 2-cours if possible. =)

I'm between a 9/10 or a 10/10 right now, so I'll rate the show later after I've made up my mind. =P
Sep 30, 2017 5:40 AM

Mar 2015
Still can't bring myself around to like Shigaraki as a villain. He's not menacing or powerful, especially ever since he got his ass kicked when he tried to attack the school. His motive is to basically just "kill all might" for reasons unknown- I don't know if this is his conviction like Stain's was to weed out bad heroes in society. If it is, it's pretty weak and doesn't align with the villains that want to join the league.

9/10 For the season overall. Tournament arc and Stain was awesome.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Sep 30, 2017 5:43 AM

Sep 2014
Great conclusion and amazing season overall. Things are gonna get more interesting next season. 9/10
Sep 30, 2017 5:52 AM

Aug 2013
Very underwhelming after the Sports Festival, I expected more. I do like the potential Boku No Hero has and will be curious to see where it's going. I'll just read the manga from now on as I didn't exactly like the pacing by Bones. 7/10.
Sep 30, 2017 6:00 AM

Dec 2008
10/10
Cant wait for next year.
Sep 30, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2015
Wow, what a rip off.
The season finale and we didn't even get a single action scene.
I don't know why people are hyping this show so much, it's painfully average.
Sep 30, 2017 6:29 AM

Jun 2017
Dang, I am hyped for season three now! I probably am gonna read ahead though, I could barely wait 7 days for each episode!
Sep 30, 2017 6:34 AM

Dec 2015
Very solid conclusion, props to the producers for having the restraint from sending the season away with Michael Bay ending. 👌
~
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

animefan8800 - Sep 23, 2017

250 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

181 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

189 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

165 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

197 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 15, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.