Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Granblue Fantasy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, some characters in this show can be so cruel.
Really felt bad for Lyria this episode as she loses a precious object in the blink of her eyes.

Personally, I think this was a thrilling episode. Also kinda interesting to see Rosetta show up. Better late than never.
Jun 3, 2017 8:27 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
At least we saw Rosetta

Jun 3, 2017 9:15 AM

Apr 2010
Trouble on the horizon.
And Rosetta helping out which is a good thing even if she acted so mysterious for most of this anime.
Guess saving Rulia is priority now since doing so will save the island.
Jun 3, 2017 10:15 AM

Jun 2015
Poor Lyria. She saw the gift Gran gave to her get broken right in front of her She also had a tough past. Rosetta appeared. She saved everyone and knows how to wake up Lyria. Now everyone is off to save her.
Jun 3, 2017 11:15 AM

Jun 2010
Rosetta Stone gonna teach them the language of badassery with vines and poison.
Jun 3, 2017 11:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That flashback was really good, Lyria was really only a test subject that was (is?) a ticking time bomb. She didn't even have feelings nor could she express them properly. Katalina taught her all of this, now we know why she is so attached to her.

Rosetta is lit, i love her character design. She's the mysterious one, yet she gives off the impression that you can trust her.

Yet another very enjoyable episode that is only possible cause of the character interactions and how they formed a real strong bond together.
Jun 3, 2017 11:48 AM

Dec 2014
Damn those kidnappers were cruel. :(

Interesting flashback for Lyria, was real nice to see how her bond with Katalina developed. :)

Rosetta has an awesome design and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.
Time to visit these primal beasts, save Lyria and get her out of that coma state.
Jun 3, 2017 12:49 PM

Feb 2011
Last week was kinda promising with Lyria all tied up... I was hoping to get more of that but instead the show decided to get all sad v.v
Jun 3, 2017 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
Wow... it's been a while but now I have all these unmentionable things I want to do to that leader of the kidnappers... uurgh. He was so damn cruel and yet he's complaining why she's going berserk? He's lucky he fell in the water after he got a nice metal boot into his face. Wish he fell right into the stone unprotected instead. And perhaps a couple more metal boot implants. Uuurgh.

Rosiero said:
Last week was kinda promising with Lyria all tied up...

Lol! I totally got a different image when you said that and was confused about why you are mentioning your fetishes on this board...
EnternalJun 3, 2017 2:48 PM
Jun 3, 2017 3:36 PM
Mar 2016
Well
my favorite type appear onee-chan type FTW!
Jun 3, 2017 4:12 PM

Dec 2014
Err can someone remind me how they met Rosetta before? I can't seem to remember her showing up until now and it confused the hell outta me.
Jun 3, 2017 4:19 PM
Mar 2016
hollowjeff said:
Err can someone remind me how they met Rosetta before? I can't seem to remember her showing up until now and it confused the hell outta me.

that in Island where Gran and Lyria meet Rackam
when their being chase by 2 people with horn and reach dead end
Rosetta help them with destroy nearby building with his Vine
Jun 3, 2017 4:20 PM

May 2015
Quite the sad episode this time around.

Jun 3, 2017 4:37 PM

Dec 2014
Hamudanu said:
hollowjeff said:

that in Island where Gran and Lyria meet Rackam
when their being chase by 2 people with horn and reach dead end
Rosetta help them with destroy nearby building with his Vine

That was episode 3 if anyone else was curious. Although they didn't really meet. She just showed up to help them. But thank you for pointing it out
Jun 3, 2017 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
Quite different from what happened in the game and Rosetta got introduced fairly quickly. Wanted to see more daddy oigen in action what a shame. At least this felt like a more natural way to introduce Lumacie.

As for what Lyria summoned during that experiment, it's a:
Jun 4, 2017 12:35 AM

Jun 2009
That kick right in the face.

Still can't skip the ED.
Jun 4, 2017 1:07 AM

Mar 2016
That CG Dragon...yeah no...Honestly nothing really happened this episode it was really kind of boring tbh and is it just me or does Gran seem like one of the most boring mc's in anime! I hope the story gets better explained with the black knight and the empire and Estalucia and Gran's dad and all the other story points. There is only a few episodes left and it feels like this anime is a tease to get you interested in the game to buy it and play the story out all the way.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 4, 2017 2:17 AM
Jan 2014
What's with this sudden story shift? Not sure anymore which of these events are actually canon (source-wise).

Highlights:

Also,
UltimusInfinitumJun 4, 2017 8:37 PM
Jun 4, 2017 3:30 AM

Jun 2009
UltimusInfinitum said:
Also,

Jun 4, 2017 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
Tropisch said:
Loli_PoP said:
I hope the story gets better explained with the black knight and the empire and Estalucia and Gran's dad and all the other story points. There is only a few episodes left and it feels like this anime is a tease to get you interested in the game to buy it and play the story out all the way.

There's no way they are going to do that, just saying. The game has 89 chapters currently, and it starts explaining the Black Knight and the Empire mid-game. Also, it's a phone/browser game, no paying to play it.

Ah...well maybe they're planning for a 2nd season but I don't see that happening either so...*shrug*?
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 4, 2017 12:30 PM

Sep 2013
Lyria a shutting her mind up as the empire tries to take her and leviathan rekts them and the place a little.
Rosetta to the rescue and now going to a place to save lyria.
Jun 4, 2017 4:21 PM

Dec 2011
Huh..... interesting story path that they take for the anime....

Jun 4, 2017 7:59 PM
Jan 2014
Niitori said:

Moreover,
UltimusInfinitumJun 4, 2017 8:35 PM
Jun 6, 2017 9:54 AM

Aug 2013
I hope we don't see that moustache guy again. He's annoying the hell out of me.
Jun 6, 2017 7:46 PM

Oct 2008
Rosetta is a HOT babe!
Damn! Lyria's powers is 'decay' that's a powerful one!
And Leviathan primal beast is uber powerful!
4/5.

Jun 6, 2017 8:16 PM
Jan 2014
garydai said:
I hope we don't see that moustache guy again. He's annoying the hell out of me.

Sadly, he's a recurring villain.

Jun 7, 2017 10:59 AM

Sep 2014
Leviathan seemed kinda derpy for some reason lel.
Good going Gran, Pommern really deserved that kick.
Was nice to see some more about Lyria's past, felt bad seeing her like that though.
Rosetta is bae.
Jun 9, 2017 5:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode.
The Revelation that Lyria was in fact someone that was left behind as a tool of destruction was surprising as was the revelation that her memory loss was part of this past. The reveal of the identity of the mage thats been helping them since the start was nice though. Rosetta looks like she's a capable person judging from the amount of spells that she has and the power of them. The insight into Katalina and Lyria's past and how they met was pretty interesting though. As was seeing the bond that Katalina has with Lyria and seeing how much she despairs when she realized that her failure to protect them has caused Lyria so much pain. Its nice that we get to see how much both of them care for Lyria and what painful past Katalina saved Lyria from.

Hmm so Lyria got kidnapped by the empire and battleships from them have breached the front line to arrive over the capital eh man things look pretty bad. Hmm so the commando attack was launched from that battleship fleet eh. Hmm so the villain is trying to lay the blame for this attack on Lyria being here eh. How despicable of them. Hmm its unsurprising that the empire will see Lyria as a tool but for her purpose to be one of destruction now thats unexpected. It seems there's a deeper reason behind her memory loss then. Man that mad scientist is doing a great job in convincing Lyria that she's a danger to everyone. But man the appearance of the guardian deity for the islands was a nice surprise and a bad one for the empire lol. Hmm Grans attack and especially his kick in that guys face was funny. But they need to stop that deity from doing any more damage though else he will become a danger to the capital as well. Hmm so they were saved again my the mysterious female mage thats been helping them from the shadows eh. Hmm it looks like the derity being summoned also had the effect of changing the ocean as well. But man that attack really caused a lot of damage to the capital and kinjured a lot of people. The medics will have a lot more to do thanks to this though which explains their grim expressions.

Lyria's injuries this time though are not just physical but also psychological as well. It will take some time for her to recover from that shock though. Hmm so the sea dragon is the island's guardian deity Leviathan. So it was the empire's experiments that caused it to transform into that eh. Hmm so after that shock Lyria decided to shut herself down then eh. I would think its to protect her friends from the perceived danger that she see's herself as thanks to the words from that empire jerk scientist. Hmm so waking Lyria up forcefully could make things far worst eh. Thats something that should be avoided i think. But its nice to see that the cast centered on Io is unwilling to just sit back and do nothing though. This is their friend thats in peril after all. Hmm since Gran and Lyria have a unique bond that is shared between the two then maybe Gran's voice will be able to reach Lyria's mind. Hmm its good that Rackam and Io remember to be cautious around Rosetta though. Though its true she did save them many times we still don't know which side she's actually on. Lol Rosetta's answer is just like her personality. Trust is something thats not easily given especially in times of war but in this case i think Rosetta will be useful. Hmm so in the past Lyria was being experimented upon with dark essence eh. Hmm so they used her to summon terrible weapons that have the power to destroy entire islands eh. How despicable of them. So thats why she was isolated and that also how Lyria and Katalina met and eventually bonded. In a way because the empire only sought to use her a tool they never viewed her as a human being. Thus teaching her any knowledge is something that they didn't think they needed to. So her motivation to let Lyria see the world and have her own life was the motivation for rebelling eh. If anything that was a good reason to. From Gran and Io though Lyria learnt the most important thing which is friendship. Realizing this i can see why Gran will be so angry at himself though.

In a way Gran is the only one that can reach Lyria's closed self. A heart to heart talk with Gran is exactly what Lyria needs right now. Its not good to keep so many things bottled up inside you after all. Its nice to see Gran is so determined to help Lyria in her time of need though. Hmm Eugene offered some really good adult advice there lol. Lol Io just storming in angry that she was excluded from the conversation. Lyria is after all Io's friend as well so it wasn't a good idea to exclude her. Now its time to rescue Lyria their friend from the despair that the empire caused her. I hope they will be successful. That last scene with the sun felt appropriate though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2017 7:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Continues with an another mediocre episode, second consecutive, although we discover a little more about the Lyria lifetime, just was a little of emotion!!!
Leviathan was a interesting sea monster/dragon, but innsufficient to get up the episode!!
Jun 11, 2017 7:08 AM

Nov 2011
Finally, Lyria's character is better known. Rosetta rocks. The best scene is where Gran breaks the face of that old shit. I am happy that the character of Io is very concrete in what he does, in addition to always arguing with Rackam.
Jun 13, 2017 3:39 AM

Jul 2008
This was a pretty slow episode I thought.
Jun 17, 2017 3:26 PM

Jun 2013
Fantastic episode!
It was a bit sad at points but i loved how they all were rallying together at the end!
Jun 25, 2017 5:21 AM

Jul 2009
We saw a bit of Lyria's past...man, this show is boring and damn slow.
Jun 25, 2017 2:57 PM

Sep 2015
Op kick to the bastard's face. Gl everyone on saving Lyria!
Aug 3, 2017 2:24 AM

Dec 2016
This episode had a good amount of exposition as well as officially introducing new best girl of the series, Rosetta!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 3, 2019 4:19 PM

Aug 2007
I thought Leviathan looked pretty cool.
It's my favorite of the first set of omega raids, look wise.

Jul 22, 2019 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
i hope the evil scince guy trowned after he air foot kicked him in to the ocean
Aug 25, 2019 5:49 AM

Mar 2018
Damn the enemies are all asses dammit
Also why the hell is like everyone at war against the Empire.

Rosetta is.. Kind of mysterious? She was there suddenly and.. Is just there.. Without any explanation

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 17, 2019 5:33 AM

Sep 2018
There is no shortage of twists, I cannot complain about this, and also the fact that in the end the wretched character showed himself. The whole episode is interesting and engaging, too bad that the drawings and the backgrounds are not of excellent quality, otherwise this episode would also have been a pleasure for the eyes. Oh well!
Dec 19, 2020 8:45 AM

Jul 2015
Felt good seeing Gran kickig that dude's face. Kinda curious to who exactly Rosetta is, and why she suddenly almost beat Katalina in being best waifu of this show OwO.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

104 by aimso1 »»
May 19, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

54 by Fate_warrior95 »»
Apr 20, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

42 by ArtemisOrion »»
Jan 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pipe - Jun 24, 2017

195 by Nihilna »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

88 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 5:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.