Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 29, 2017 5:22 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, we got a bit of Gohan vs Piccolo this episode.

Out of all the training shown so far for the upcoming tournament, I think that was the most intense.

Glad to see Cabba this episode. What a good kid.
Apr 29, 2017 5:31 PM

Jan 2012
Piccolo was such a troll shooting Gohan in the back. XD Nice cameo by that dinosaur from when he was a kid whose tail he ate. XD
Apr 29, 2017 6:22 PM

Jul 2015
Female Broly named after cauliflower lmfao. Gohan went ssj2 and got me excited lol. Good episode. I just hope they don't go dragging the preparations much more
Apr 29, 2017 7:21 PM

Jan 2016
This episode had some surprises. First of all, Mystic Gohan is back! Only Piccolo would help him to get to that! Best sensei ever xD And we saw some bits of the female Broly :O

But I'm curious people... The Mystic state was another phase? Here we saw how from SSJ2 he went to the Mystic form. He gained a strand of hair like it happens with the SSJ3 hair growth :P And woah, Piccolo is incredibly stronger than we thought. He took down a SSJ2 effortlessly and he also can do something with Mystic Gohan xD Not that I complain for that power level boost because this is DBS and with Piccolo I'm really fine lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Apr 29, 2017 7:33 PM
Jul 2015
Yamcha, oh man... I am sorry to tell you this. You're adopted
Apr 29, 2017 7:38 PM

May 2015
Superb episode, we got comedy... the neighbors of #18 & Kuririn feeling bad for Marron because she was witnessing a domestic dispute between parent XD Vegeta in Super-dady mode! Yamcha is going to wait for a long time... (ʃƪ˘ڡ˘)

Piccolo preaching... Nice! Seriously if Gohan is able to get rid of some of his flaws he would be a serious contender in the Tournament... but the best thing about this episode was not seeing Piccolo getting the better of Gohan or Gohan understanding what his Sensei meant by being naive. It was him suggesting a to do a fusion with him in the tournament and Piccolo didnt object to that idea... Imagine that, \(・_・ ) ( ・_・)/ Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuusion Haaaaaaaaa... Yay!

On a side note:
Poor Dinosaur even in his reunion he got his tail shrunk even more… Lol!

ReguIus said:
Female Broly named after cauliflower lmfao.
I should have seen that coming... ^^'
Apr 29, 2017 7:54 PM

Nov 2010
piccolo has trained so much over the years that he can keep up with mystic Gohan and super buu now? So why wouldn't piccolo show he was this strong back during the arc which frieza got wished back to life and invading earth again before frieza transformed into his golden form? Whatever But at least his remarks on gohans flaw of battling made sense and so it was a good episode.i also see pccolo has some new techniques up his sleeve

Bulla is finally brined after being fore shadowed for so long

the female character with the Broly esque character design is called caulifl which I think means cauliflower. Oh toriyama xD
The_Nut_CrackerApr 29, 2017 8:01 PM
Apr 29, 2017 8:13 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Very good episode. What better person to train Gohan than Picollo. He knows Gohan very well and was able to exploit his weakness nicely. And here we have it, Ultimate Gohan is back. Hilarious how he sliced Picollo's hand off lol
But again much like Goku, he let his guard down.

Vegeta spoiling Bulla lol
He looks so cool when he's smiling.

Cauliflower oh my, I wonder if she will have a dislike for Goku.

Apr 29, 2017 8:24 PM

Jun 2012
Mystic Gohan is officially back! Female Saiyan and Cabba! Stronger Piccolo! Dinosaur cameo and Yamcha at the end lol. Awesome episode!
SughsiApr 29, 2017 8:32 PM
Apr 29, 2017 8:30 PM

Dec 2014
I like how gohan is getting more stronger....

Stupid Yamcha is being trolled Lol
Apr 29, 2017 8:34 PM
Dec 2015
I thought this was going to be a boring filler, but turns out to be somewhat entertaining. I wonder will the Manga cover the recruitment or hurry up and jump to the tournament arc because the Manga is way behind the anime.
Apr 29, 2017 8:51 PM

Feb 2013
Come on Toei, yet another chance for Gohan to be the super badass we know he can be.
First step, Mystic Gohan, Check.
Do it Toei.
DO IT.
Apr 29, 2017 8:54 PM

Dec 2010
Why is, of all people, Piccolo talking about arrogance?? He's so humble, oh my God
Another boring filler
Apr 29, 2017 9:00 PM

Jan 2009
Mystic/Ultimate Gohan is back dudes!

and we got a glimpse of the female super saiyan, interesting
Apr 29, 2017 9:25 PM

Dec 2011
Holy shit!
This episode is just phenomenal.I couldn't help crying with joys when Gohan transform to his ultimate form and damn that was epic ut Gohan still need to train more to get used to it.
Also i was surprise we get to see a glance at the Saiyan girl xD.
Kinda sad for Yamcha though.
Apr 29, 2017 9:29 PM

Apr 2014
finally Gohan get getting it all back and about to grow even more how i been waiting for this to happen for years

also love the look of Cauliflower am looking forward to seeing even more of her
"one step at a time"
Apr 29, 2017 9:29 PM

Dec 2015
Ayeee Ultimate Gohan, finally!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 29, 2017 10:02 PM

Feb 2013
Beerus' and Whis' imagination about Bulma's scolding, though. LUL
Apr 29, 2017 10:12 PM

Mar 2014
OMG, Mystic Gohan is back! My hypemeter will explode (ᗒᗨᗕ)

How nice that Tenshi han will be in the next episode (finally), it means at June will be the tournament!
Apr 29, 2017 10:18 PM

Jul 2014
So her name is Caulifla. It's interesting to see how things will turn out, if I'm not wrong there was a saiyan in Pride troopers too who looks exactly like her.

Finally Gohan unleashed his true powers. I wanna see him break his limits too and become stronger, I won't be surprised if they give him a God form soon, for I believe the "Mystic" form is actually a God essence.
Apr 29, 2017 11:50 PM

Sep 2009
Happy to see Mystic Gohan back.
Apr 29, 2017 11:55 PM
Aug 2014
finally he's back...it was long but worth it.
Apr 30, 2017 12:09 AM
Mar 2017
It was a good episode! From the return of Mystic Gohan to the appearence of a new female saiyan...

But i was wondering, why didn't piccolo and gohan go to the hyberbolic time chamber from the beggining? They could've trained for a whole year in that day.
Apr 30, 2017 12:14 AM

Jan 2009
MootazBZ said:

But i was wondering, why didn't piccolo and gohan go to the hyberbolic time chamber from the beggining? They could've trained for a whole year in that day.

maybe the hyperbolic time chamber is not yet repaired since Vegeta used that on the Black Goku arc and he destroyed it
Apr 30, 2017 12:16 AM

Jun 2015
So finally ultimate gohan is back, I believe that girl named caulifla is the female broly.
Apr 30, 2017 1:12 AM

Apr 2014
Roy_Focker said:
Superb episode, we got comedy... the neighbors of #18 & Kuririn feeling bad for Marron because she was witnessing a domestic dispute between parent XD Vegeta in Super-dady mode! Yamcha is going to wait for a long time... (ʃƪ˘ڡ˘)

Piccolo preaching... Nice! Seriously if Gohan is able to get rid of some of his flaws he would be a serious contender in the Tournament... but the best thing about this episode was not seeing Piccolo getting the better of Gohan or Gohan understanding what his Sensei meant by being naive. It was him suggesting a to do a fusion with him in the tournament and Piccolo didnt object to that idea... Imagine that, \(・_・ ) ( ・_・)/ Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuusion Haaaaaaaaa... Yay!

They were talking about a cooperative duo combination. Not fusion.
themanualreader@proton.me
Apr 30, 2017 1:49 AM

May 2015
Darius said:
Roy_Focker said:

I saw the Latin American version (Spanish subtitles), they talk about a new Fusion technique as well as some combinations between them... maybe a translator error(?) who knows?! Unless a fluent Japanese speaking user can clarify to me if this is an error or not… Thus my comment...

Apr 30, 2017 1:50 AM

Sep 2016
Roy_Focker said:
Darius said:

I saw the Latin American version (Spanish subtitles), they talk about a new Fusion technique as well as some combinations between them... maybe a translator error(?) who knows?! Unless a fluent Japanese speaking user can clarify to me if this as an error or not… Thus my comment...

gohan did say gattai, a combination/fusion, but not literally of course
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 30, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2013
Mystic Gohan is back!

Nice to see some Cabba too. Good ep
Apr 30, 2017 1:58 AM

May 2015
GangsterCat said:
gohan did say gattai, a combination/fusion, but not literally of course
Thanks... for the clarification... in DBZ Goku did imagine what could have been a fusion between him and Satan or Dende, even if the intended dialog was not meant to be literal like you said I’m not discarding the possibilities of a Fusion (it can promote a game, toys, artbooks, etc.)... so like I previously said: Imagine that, \(・_・ ) ( ・_・)/ Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuusion Haaaaaaaaa... Yay!

Thanks again GangsterCat for clarifying what they said in the anime even if it was not meant to be taken literally, I’m a believer XD
Apr 30, 2017 2:56 AM

Apr 2015
Piccolo turned out to be way stronger than I expected.

I wonder if Gohan will go blue too..
Apr 30, 2017 2:56 AM

Sep 2013
I don't think Caulifla is the Female broly, i mean she and the one from the OP (obviously the one who turned into female broly) looks a lot different from each other. Girl from op looks a lot older, have earrings, different hair style and cloth not to mention that she looks (from older arc previews) like a passive person while Caulifla has an aggressive punk attitude.

Which makes me think that Female broly is not associated with universe 6 since cabba was surprised to see the super saiyan form when vegeta showed it to him that can only means that he was the first saiyan in his universe to attain it.

If were to speculate i'd say she's in the same universe that have toppo and the pride troopers.
Apr 30, 2017 3:09 AM
Apr 2017
poor Yamcha...
At least he is excited
Apr 30, 2017 3:17 AM

Sep 2014
We saw a bit of the female Saiyan who is a punk. Piccolo could easily keep up and even overpower SSJ Gohan without removing his clothing. Mystic Gohan is back. Good to see that old Kai's unlock ability is still relevant. Lol didn't know Piccolo could control his severed arm. That was a good trick. Lol Krillin is lucky that he doesn't quarrel with No. 18 otherwise she would sweep the floor with him. Tenshinhan and Roshi next week. Poor Yamcha... this isn't a baseball match.
MonkeyDHunterApr 30, 2017 3:25 AM
Apr 30, 2017 3:27 AM
Feb 2014
I love this episode!😍 I can't wait to see more of Gohan training 😊.

The reunion with the dinosaur was hilarious. And poor Yamcha - has no clue lol.
Apr 30, 2017 4:13 AM
Mar 2015
GOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN <33333333333333333333333

soo goood episode, holy shit. finally Mystic <3
Apr 30, 2017 4:42 AM

Dec 2014
The training with Piccolo sure brings back memories from the start of DBZ.
Kek @ Yamcha

Apr 30, 2017 5:34 AM

Oct 2015
Things happening in this episode seemed so diverse! Loved it!

By the way, I have an idea. What if Muten Roshi will not get a random power-up like other characters. Remains pretty much the same, but will become a "one-trick pony"? What I mean is he can use Mafuba. He could just throw people out of the ring with his power instead of sealing them away. Does it sound possible??? The outside of the ring is a "null-ki" zone if I recall correctly.

Also Broly's female version isn't called Sisly. So sad...

Apr 30, 2017 5:50 AM

Sep 2014
Im actually not even mad about these fillers, they are like the essence of dragonball XD
Much happened this episode, nice to see gohan in mystic again. I just hope they dont screw him like they screwed Vegito with the 1h time.. and say he needs to transform into mystic. Cant wait to see my childhood crush C18 back in action :D

Also Piccolo using his namekian powers, finally! The last time we saw the arm stretch was like 20 years old.

Looking forward to female broly.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 30, 2017 6:49 AM

Aug 2012
Our boy is finally back. Also Piccolo MVP.
Apr 30, 2017 7:18 AM

May 2015
I wonder if Gohan and Piccolo will go To TIme chamber. At the end it says that they have only 9 hours + some minutes left. So in chamber they got almost half of year. I think that is good idea for both.

Poor dino and Yamcha. :(((

FUCK YEA! TIEN AND ROSHI NEXT TIME!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 30, 2017 7:25 AM

Feb 2013
Gohan is starting to regain his powers.
Lol, Yamcha actually believes that Goku will invite him.
Apr 30, 2017 7:50 AM

Dec 2016
Nice episode I hope true Gohan back
We miss him.
☺☺
Apr 30, 2017 7:54 AM

Dec 2014
Glad to see Gohan getting stronger again but his teen form is still my favorite.
Apr 30, 2017 8:51 AM

May 2011
Got a little sentimental during this one.
Piccolo and Gohan - that was definitely one of the things I was waiting for the most.
Great to see Gohan powerful again, but have to agree with Piccolo - the arrogance is his weakness and he has to get rid of it to win.

Yamcha is just a big joke from the very start of the DB...
Apr 30, 2017 9:36 AM

Feb 2015
Finally, a no bullshit episode. Just good old training between Gohan and Piccolo. Just goes to show how much better this anime is when DBS Goku isn't hogging up all the screen time.
Apr 30, 2017 10:45 AM
Oct 2016
voidepression said:
I wonder will the Manga cover the recruitment or hurry up and jump to the tournament arc because the Manga is way behind the anime.

Actually, the manga is way ahead.

In the 1st SURVIVAL TOURNAMENT arc trailer it was shown panels from the manga, which showed when the Daishinkan announced the rules, this was back in December, I think.

Not only that, but it showed Beerus, or one of his race in a ceremonial attire, something still not shown in the anime.

And the recruitment is mostly filler, so I expect most of it won't be in the manga.

RinFTW said:
I don't think Caulifla is the Female broly

I understand why you would think so, but it was already shown an official page with that look on this episode with her transformation at her side, so, apparently, yes that's female Broly.

Also, her name reveals that much.

They either retconed her appearance, or she's faking passiveness in the tournament.
Apr 30, 2017 10:46 AM
Jan 2013
I enjoyed the episode but is it just me or does everyone else believe Dragon Ball has become a generic anime... in the sense that everything that starts, normally ends by the end of the episode.. Everything that happens happens in steps, and not as emotional as it used to be.. it isn't built up to a climax, it just happens.. That's not what Dragon Ball has ever been about..

Gohan training with Piccolo was fine at first, but then they stop to talk.. and then all of the sudden Gohan goes into mystic form just from powering up... It should have gone down the old DBZ way.. Where Gohan is getting his ass kicked, and Piccolo is saying "that's not enough Gohan!" And when Gohan is about to lose the battle he explodes his power and wins in Mystic form.. Just like when he became super saiyan for the first time with his father in the hyperbolic time chamber. He didn't just turn super saiyan, he awoke it in the midst of battle, thinking about how if he loses everyone would die.

It just seems more lame now.. and they should leave us on cliffhangers more like they used to. I know times have changed but cliffhangers makes you want more. The battle doesn't have to end by the end of the episode!
tomodachii_Apr 30, 2017 10:49 AM
Apr 30, 2017 10:50 AM
Dec 2010
So we get a confirmation that Gohan's ultimate/mystic form is actually a transformation and not base power increase. That seems pretty huge for people who were wondering about that for over 20 years.
Apr 30, 2017 11:28 AM
Oct 2016
srcastle7 said:
I enjoyed the episode but is it just me or does everyone else believe Dragon Ball has become a generic anime

You expected anything else from a series Toriyama never wanted in the 1st place.

xizor said:

So we get a confirmation that Gohan's ultimate/mystic form is actually a transformation and not base power increase.

If it was base power increased, he would've transformed into SS when facing Majin Buu (Gotenks).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

79 by TheColonel76 »»
May 31, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 107 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

62 by ChiisuNoYo »»
May 29, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

97 by RedFox_3 »»
May 29, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

66 by TheColonel76 »»
May 23, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

92 by TheColonel76 »»
May 20, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.