Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 20, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, this episode felt kinda depressing at first, for Yuu and Fuuka that is.

They're getting more into the music themes of the show, something that I don't find surprising. Fuuka and Yuu does kind of clear their misunderstanding but the atmosphere of the episode still feels pretty awkward.

Seeing the band getting together with Fuuka as the lead singer is fitting tbh as a way to showcase her talent. I mean, they have to start somewhere right? Their performance was okay imo, nothing special yet since it was more or less of practice. The small crowd liked it though. I guess Fuuka and Yuu are on good terms again. Real good terms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Stark700Jan 20, 2017 8:19 AM
Jan 20, 2017 8:18 AM
Aug 2016
I really wish this wasn't "Ecchi." Even though we aren't seeing many ecchi elements, other than pantie-shots and such.
Jan 20, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2014
Good Episode.

I'm glad they cleared up the misunderstanding early and didn't drag out the drama.
Fuuka was adorable with her pout blush after Yuu-kun's apparent 'confession'/apology/make-up.

Really liked the performance and the song, Fuuka's got a great voice. Pretty cool that they met some of the original members of Hedgehog.
Final scene under the starlit night at the beach was really nice. I think the ecchi at the end was totally unnecessary cause it kinda ruined the nice atmosphere. Well at least we got something different out of it. XD

Based on what I saw this episode, It's very likely that the names 'Tama' and 'Nico' that Yuu and Koyuki use to address each other are clearly based of Hedgehog's band members.
Koyuki episode next, I am so looking forward to it.
Jan 20, 2017 8:54 AM

Apr 2013
We finally get to hear one of those legendary HEDGEHOGS songs, "Climber's High". Loved Fuuka's singing voice in this one and I'm looking forward to a few more of my favorite songs from the manga being brought to life. There were some subtle changes from the manga, but everything flowed well. The journey has only just begun.
Jan 20, 2017 9:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Good Episode.

I'm glad they cleared up the misunderstanding early and didn't drag out the drama.
Fuuka was adorable with her pout blush after Yuu-kun's apparent 'confession'/apology/make-up.

Really liked the performance and the song, Fuuka's got a great voice. Pretty cool that they met some of the original members of Hedgehog.
Final scene under the starlit night at the beach was really nice. I think the ecchi at the end was totally unnecessary cause it kinda ruined the nice atmosphere. Well at least we got something different out of it. XD

Based on what I saw this episode, It's very likely that the names 'Tama' and 'Nico' that Yuu and Koyuki use to address each other are clearly based of Hedgehog's band members.
Koyuki episode next, I am so looking forward to it.
Second everything you said except the ecchi part didn't bother me xD
Jan 20, 2017 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
Felt a little slower than previous episodes, but still the pacing is nice. Finally the music part which obviously wasn't in the manga and it was pretty good. And that ending, that was pretty hot!
Jan 20, 2017 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
this is actually pretty good, but it hard for me to like it more since I don't really like the mc guy..
those pussy reaction :/

well, hoping for some character development
Jan 20, 2017 9:24 AM

Dec 2014
pretty sweet how yuu and fuuka got into a fight...
Jan 20, 2017 9:44 AM

Feb 2014
Was I the only one who didn't realize/recognize the HEDGEHOG members?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 20, 2017 10:10 AM
Nov 2016
I kind of realized that Yassan was a member of the HEDGEHOGS when they showed him owning a drum kit, however I didn't see their Sensei as a member at all.

This episode does answer one question, Fuuka didn't fan girl over Koyuki, she actually turned jealous thereby establishing how much she liked Yuu, Yuu somewhat reciprocates her feelings as he says that he can't enjoy anything without her.

It will be interesting to see if Koyuki becomes a romantic rival or if she lets Fukka have Yuu.
Jan 20, 2017 10:16 AM

Feb 2015
It's disappointing that Fuuka just ran after seeing them. And they aren't even dating, she had no right to be so mad at him.
And some of the ecchi like in the ending feels forced. Seriously, how did he even fall onto her like this...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 10:37 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
FUUKA TOO KAWAII

NICE UNDERBOOB AT THE END

Pyravia said:
I really wish this wasn't "Ecchi."

triggered

SchwingBoner said:

And some of the ecchi like in the ending feels forced.

lets say it does... so what?
Jan 20, 2017 10:42 AM
Aug 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
FUUKA TOO KAWAII

Pyravia said:
I really wish this wasn't "Ecchi."

triggered

SchwingBoner said:

And some of the ecchi like in the ending feels forced.

I love ecchi, so, basically, this a disgrace to the ecchi genre. Burn it with fire. This is nothing compared to To-Love RU, Keijo and High School DXD
Jan 20, 2017 10:45 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Pyravia said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
FUUKA TOO KAWAII

triggered

I love ecchi, so, basically, this a disgrace to the ecchi genre. Burn it with fire. This is nothing compared to To-Love RU, Keijo and High School DXD

what the hell are you talking about lol? ecchi is not a genre, its a label we westerners (not japan) choose to put on certain anime

all ecchi is great ecchi, it doesn't have to be hardcore to be great, this still has good fanservice

sometimes lighter fanservice is better, just depends on the show, why compare Fuuka, a show more focused on romance and character relations to anime that are clearly trying to shove sexy in your face?
Jan 20, 2017 10:53 AM
Aug 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
Pyravia said:

what the hell are you talking about lol? ecchi is not a genre, its a label we westerners (not japan) choose to put on certain anime

all ecchi is great ecchi, it doesn't have to be hardcore to be great, this still has good fanservice

sometimes lighter fanservice is better, just depends on the show, why compare Fuuka, a show more focused on romance and character relations to anime that are clearly trying to shove sexy in your face?
I should've excluded Japan. Like, Shönen isn't a genre, either. I mean ecchi, as in the data-base tag. I wish it'd just be a continuation of Suzuka instead of another generation.
Jan 20, 2017 10:57 AM

Apr 2015
The music and Tama-chan are the sole reasons that keep me with this show and kept me with the manga series as far as I can remember. So in that sense the ending pleased me.
Jan 20, 2017 10:58 AM

Feb 2016
SchwingBoner said:
It's disappointing that Fuuka just ran after seeing them. And they aren't even dating, she had no right to be so mad at him.
And some of the ecchi like in the ending feels forced. Seriously, how did he even fall onto her like this...

yeah seriously, how the fuck would yo end like that, from what I saw there, it should be HER to be in top of him. lol

I agree with that she doesn't have to be that mad with him, is not like they are dating or something, but well, is understandable if you are aiming for a girl, and then that girls sees that you are having a "good time" with another girl, that would causes her confusion
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 20, 2017 10:58 AM
Mar 2016
why i always rooting for girl character who older than Heroine LOL
Tomomi Sensei is the best :3

basically i dont care about Fuuka story
i just came for music peformance
that really amazing
at first time, i afraid they will fail in band peformance
but now that a great peformance
Jan 20, 2017 11:03 AM

Jul 2014
dankzel said:
We finally get to hear one of those legendary HEDGEHOGS songs, "Climber's High". Loved Fuuka's singing voice in this one and I'm looking forward to a few more of my favorite songs from the manga being brought to life. There were some subtle changes from the manga, but everything flowed well. The journey has only just begun.
I hope we will hear one or two more Hedgehogs songs and one from the Fallen Moon :-)

thesarcasticguy said:
I kind of realized that Yassan was a member of the HEDGEHOGS when they showed him owning a drum kit, however I didn't see their Sensei as a member at all.
I think it wasn't shown in the anime but in manga Sensei told them that the place they gonna work is run by her friend. So when it was revealed he was Hedgehogs' member, it was obvious (at least for me) that she was too.
Jan 20, 2017 11:08 AM

Sep 2015
Not really getting into this one boys. I'm not connecting with the MC at all. I find Fuuka annoying at most. Story feels a bit weak. Going to finish this one just to see how it plays out.

Tama-chan best girl.
Jan 20, 2017 11:19 AM

Jun 2013
Another strong episode!
Jan 20, 2017 11:32 AM

Feb 2008
Best episode so far, I just wonder when Mom and Dad is going to show up at sometime. That can't ignore that fact . . . .
Jan 20, 2017 11:42 AM

Dec 2012
Can some manga reader please tell me how much Tama-chan will appear from now on? (no spoilers though please)

I know the seriesis called Fuuka and all that, but the only reason I'm watching this is for Tama. So if she's not going to appear that much I think I'll just drop this now.

That after credits scene saved today's episode though! (meanwhile, that awkward and inexplicable boob grab almost killed it)
Jan 20, 2017 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty good, I expected a little more power in animation while they played their live, because every frame in manga were literally screaming, it was soooo powerful that I've got a goosebumps. Here it was just OKish.

Pyravia said:
I really wish this wasn't "Ecchi." Even though we aren't seeing many ecchi elements, other than pantie-shots and such.

Everytime when I see posts like this, I'm regretting reading this forum.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 20, 2017 11:55 AM
Aug 2016
rsc-pl said:
Pretty good, I expected a little more power in animation while they played their live, because every frame in manga were literally screaming, it was soooo powerful that I've got a goosebumps. Here it was just OKish.

Pyravia said:

Everytime when I see posts like this, I'm regretting reading this forum.
Mkayyyyyyy. Stay positive.
Jan 20, 2017 11:58 AM

Apr 2015
I'm in love with this anime
Jan 20, 2017 12:11 PM

May 2015
not bad, but yeah, like what was said above, the ecchi at the end was forced as hell and wasn't needed
Jan 20, 2017 12:13 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm well thats a pretty normal reaction i guess
seeing the boy you like with your favorite singer as well

seems as that Koyuki doesn't want Yuu to go either it seems
Her love for him though is obvious to see by all but the mc lol

Hmm so Koyuki just wants to be friends at the moment eh
But Fuuka did get the wrong idea there

Hmm how to tell Fukka that her favorite singer is actually Yuu's childhood friend
But then again there were plenty of chances for Yuu as Fuuka said
Of course Fuuka would be angry after yuu missed all those chances

But i guess both want to explain to one another eh
Makoto's pretty observant though lol
But its nice to see Yuu man up and apologize first though
But lol his explanation just made it worst

Fuuka takes offence quite easily eh
hmm a visit from Tomomi sensei and Nachi eh now that was unexpected

Forcing Fuuka to join the track team will be a mistake
lol So Tomi's friend was the guitarist of Fuuka favorite band eh
lol they weren't able to recognize that Tomomi sensei was in fact the keyboardist

Wow its a reunion of band members of their favorite band lol
But it seems that Yu and Fuuka's misunderstandings was derailed by their favorite band's reunion lol
Well almost the whole band i guess as they are missing the lead vocalist and the others
So thats why the band is on hiatus then eh

Hmm Naichi does have a fair point though
While Fuuka does have talent at running her talent in music is still unknown
lol Tomomi sensei looks drunk but her idea is surprisingly good

But this test should be pretty interesting
hmm having Yuu as a temporary Bassist eh
Makoto is great at solving problems eh
Lol Having Fuuka there to listen to Yuu though was a great move

The moment of truth for Fuuka eh
If Fuuka succeeds here then her band's future looks bright
But Fuuka has quite the presence on stage there

hmm using the opening theme as the song eh
well that song was sung by Manami Numakura who voices the bands vocalist Tama so its kinda their signature song

wow Fuuka's voice though
such a strong voice that looks like it shocked the members of the band as well
even though they are veterans

To think that even Koyuki heard the song as well
man that concert must have been loud lol
But this is a song thats familiar to not just Yuu but also to Fuuka and Koyuki as well

Its nice to see that Fuuka's voice is getting that much attention though
lol when did all these people come out lol
well i guess that Fuuka's band will form after all and that their positions are are decided now

But it looks like the members of hedgehogs were impressed by Fuuka's voice
But man that was a great performance there

the last scene at the beach watching the stars was well done though
quite sweet moment between Yu and Fuuka
well before the accident lol

Hmm the ending though
Koyuki finding out where Yuu lives and visiting him

Great episode as always
Fuuka and Yuu manage to clear up the fight that they had regarding Yuu and Koyuki

And at the same time we get to meet the members of their favorite band as well. Never thought that Tomomi sensei will be a member as well though. The live performance at the beach house though was well done and man Fuuka's voice was just amazing. And now Fuuka's band looks set
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 12:18 PM

May 2014
Very well made :D The opening just got a new meaning now.
Jan 20, 2017 12:22 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Pyravia said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

I should've excluded Japan. Like, Shönen isn't a genre, either. I mean ecchi, as in the data-base tag. I wish it'd just be a continuation of Suzuka instead of another generation.

it definitely has a good amount of fanservice to have the tag lol
Jan 20, 2017 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
Eh. Yuuki Rito moment in the end wasn't needed.
Good performance, though. I've heard only one Lynn's song before, and though it was good, her singing here still was a nice surprise.
Jan 20, 2017 12:31 PM

Jun 2013
Fuuka being weird for no reason and Yuu is learning how to play the guitar and i really liked how they played the song they're no half bad
Jan 20, 2017 12:41 PM

Apr 2013
mozgow said:
dankzel said:
I hope we will hear one or two more Hedgehogs songs and one from the Fallen Moon :-)

I sure hope that we get some decent completed Fallen Moon songs by the end of the anime. Hopefully they'll perform at least the completed version of "Fair Wind", but I really want to hear a version of "For You" as well. If they end up animating/performing both of those Fallen Moon songs, I can be happy with wherever the anime ends...
dankzelJan 20, 2017 12:45 PM
Jan 20, 2017 12:54 PM
Jul 2013
Lel till the last moment I was like where r the ecchi moments since its tagged as ecchi as well..
It was a bit sad at first.. and then the singing part was really good.
Gd stuff!
Jan 20, 2017 1:05 PM

Apr 2016
SchwingBoner said:

Seems like Yuu borrowed Yuuki Rito's (from To Love-Ru) skill for a bit. LOL. :v
Jan 20, 2017 1:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Is it the seeiyu for Fuuka who's the singing voice too? good pipes on the girl if it is.

that last scene was pretty ridiculous.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 20, 2017 1:18 PM

Jun 2015
Eyes of determination

Jan 20, 2017 1:30 PM

Nov 2016
HecticLeo said:
Not really getting into this one boys. I'm not connecting with the MC at all. I find Fuuka annoying at most. Story feels a bit weak. Going to finish this one just to see how it plays out.

Tama-chan best girl.

same with u m8, i didn't like Fuuka at all but i love that she singing and hear all that music on 'Fuuka' itself

Vanschia said:
this is actually pretty good, but it hard for me to like it more since I don't really like the mc guy..
those pussy reaction :/

well, hoping for some character development

10/10 agree with u.
NTR FTW !!
Jan 20, 2017 1:34 PM

Jul 2014
dankzel said:
mozgow said:

I sure hope that we get some decent completed Fallen Moon songs by the end of the anime. Hopefully they'll perform at least the completed version of "Fair Wind", but I really want to hear a version of "For You" as well. If they end up animating/performing both of those Fallen Moon songs, I can be happy with wherever the anime ends...
Oh, I forgot about those. Then I change my wish. I can, right? :-)

I want to hear "The town where the stars fall", "Fair Wind" and "For You" :-)
Jan 20, 2017 2:04 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I felt like the drama this episode felt fairly forced. Or at least, the reason why she was angry felt stupid.

I know it's nit picky, but Yuu wasn't playing the bass and most of them weren't even hooked up to anything, so seeing the song played perfectly took me out of it. They could've easily drawn cables from each instrument, but like I said, it's a nit picky thing. Plus I don't really expect them to edit the song for just this one time. Yuu being "star struck" by Fuuka was pretty stupid though. He served literally no purpose.

Despite all the negative things I've said, I'm enjoying this show much more than I anticipated. Fuuka is so damn charming, but I can't help but root for both her and the childhood friend girl.
Jan 20, 2017 2:44 PM
Mar 2016
Fuuka's voice was spectacular, but only thing about the episode I hate was the god dam MC GROW SOME BALLS, and the unnecessary etchi seen at the end that's triggering me
Jan 20, 2017 3:23 PM

Dec 2013
Very nice episode, fukka's voice was amazing and I'm not against some itchi elements but come on not that old stupid cliché " boy fall by mistake over a girl and his hand find her way some how to her underwear or boobs" this anime is better then that.
Jan 20, 2017 3:24 PM

Jan 2014
Wow, that forced drama was so goddamn unnecessary. Too bad that this is just the tip of the iceberg and it'll all go straight downhill from here on out~ The screen writing was pretty lame and uninspired regarding the way it tried to portrait them being in a fight and the whole scenario was chlichée as hell to begin with. Ofc, never forget to throw a weird ecchi situation into the mix! The song was pretty good, but that's the only redeeming aspect of this episode.
Jan 20, 2017 3:25 PM
Jun 2016
cliché drama then... really loved the music scene near the ending of the episode, climbers high is a rather energetic song. really wish we had a front view of fuuka when the wings appeared (would make a great screensaver)
Jan 20, 2017 3:34 PM

May 2009
Pyravia said:

It's Seo's manga, they only sell due to art. No one would buy his retarded dramas without tits and asses.
Jan 20, 2017 3:56 PM

Oct 2015
This is so forced that I'm barfing from cliché overdose.
and there's fanservice, which I think is just a waste of time.
I don't watch ecchi.. anymore ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
bastek66 said:
Pyravia said:

It's Seo's manga, they only sell due to art. No one would buy his retarded dramas without tits and asses.

ur mum gay lol
Soundcloud - Lunar Aura
Jan 20, 2017 4:01 PM

Oct 2015
and the MAIN CHARACTER WASNT EVEN PLAYING THE BASS HE WAS JUST GAWKING AT FUUKA LIKE A RETARD xD LMAO

Well, anyways, I want to root for that clichéd best friend but of course that will never happen

so many things wrong so maybe ill just read the manga and get it over with
ur mum gay lol
Soundcloud - Lunar Aura
Jan 20, 2017 4:15 PM

May 2009
MoonKingZ4 said:
and the MAIN CHARACTER WASNT EVEN PLAYING THE BASS HE WAS JUST GAWKING AT FUUKA LIKE A RETARD xD LMAO

Well, anyways, I want to root for that clichéd best friend but of course that will never happen

Why would he play if he doesn't know how?

Also Tama is sack of shit and not even getting upper hand will help her.
Jan 20, 2017 4:27 PM

Sep 2015
Umm totally was expecting those guys to be the HEDGEHOGS...oh who am I kidding seen the manga so wasn't surprised. #TEAMKOYUKI
Jan 20, 2017 4:43 PM

Oct 2015
bastek66 said:
MoonKingZ4 said:

Why would he play if he doesn't know how?

Also Tama is sack of shit and not even getting upper hand will help her.

I saw the drummer show him what notes to pluck
ur mum gay lol
Soundcloud - Lunar Aura
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

227 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 12, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

85 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.