Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 15, 2016 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Found this episode rather interesting. Chitose's confidence level isn't as high as the others, which is a contrast since she seems to be always the one who is proud of herself. Meanwhile, the others has high morale.

Also interesting to see Koto reflect a bit about Chitose as well.
One more episode left...I expect Chitose and the others to wrap up this show in a fun way.
Dec 15, 2016 10:45 AM

Apr 2010
So Chitose still feeling down but she seems to have cheered up towards the end.
The question now is will she be able to make a comeback and will she be able to follow her career.
Things are looking interesting.
Dec 15, 2016 11:05 AM

Mar 2013
Oh, Koto and Koujo have been met/knew each other already earlier, interesting...

Aww... To be honest, I had very like Chitose huged and cheered up...>_>

Edit: Next week will be the last ep., why God of Anime couldn't you this longer make...>.<?
Dec 15, 2016 3:18 PM

Sep 2016
Kuzu: "Repeat after me KATTA NA GAHAHAHAHA"
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 16, 2016 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
Gojou was cheering Chitose up!
Dec 17, 2016 4:22 AM

Apr 2015
New girl is really genki, such an ideal girl, maybe not really interesting as an anime character but yeah

The plot was just as expected...
Dec 18, 2016 5:07 PM

May 2015
Chitose is fired up and better than ever. I bet the girls will end the finale with a bang now. Can't wait~

Dec 18, 2016 5:40 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I never expected that Koto and Gojou worked together before.

I love how when Nanami was describing how Chitose voice acted in Kuusure, that was just because Chitose's skills and attitude were different throughout the series.

And Chitose finally admitted all of her flaws and became a little less narcissistic. Lol, Gojou didn't hold back when he was listing everything wrong about Chitose. And for the first time, he actually complimented her without any sarcasm XD

That PV for the next episode though! "Repeat after me: Katta na! Ga ha ha!"
Dec 18, 2016 8:56 PM

Dec 2014
Nice to see the show to not wallow itself in melodrama. The resolution at the end between Gotou and Chitose was definitely satisfying, and president dude is really competent. Kuzu-P is still a piece of shit person, but I hate him less.

Nanami still irks me. No one can be this pure...
I need sleep.
Dec 18, 2016 8:58 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

All of Chitose's high horses crashed in the last episode and this one, It was kinda sad seeing her so depressed.

Totally did not expect that Koto and Gokou worked together before.

Nanami is such a pure girl, It was nice of her to describe why she liked Chitose so much.
I really like how Momoka and Kazuha's friendship has improved, all the little jabs they throw at each other brings it out really well.

Glad to see that Gojou complimented Chitose for real and that she's all fired up now.

KATAA NA! GA HA HA! XDD
Epic PV. XD
Dec 18, 2016 9:25 PM

Aug 2015
Great episode glad to see Chitose got out of her depression zone realizing her own weaknesses thanks to Goujou-kun's pep talk. Sacho still prefers Chitose and believes that she still has what it takes to be a successful rookie seiyuu. Hoping for a successful KuuSure finale.

4/5
Dec 18, 2016 10:04 PM

Oct 2012
Gahahahahaha
Quite surprising that Koto and Gojou were in the same class originally, and while they still haven't given us the specifics, they've given us a vague idea of what led to Gojou quitting.

It's noted that Chitose was the mood maker, pretty understandable since her personality pulls people along.
I found it pretty funny when Nanami described how much better Chitose's character got as the series went on to which Kazuha simply stated that this was because originally, Chitose was a horrible seiyuu xD

Boss is legit an awesome two-faced character. We got to see more of his hopes and hidden intentions with Chitose, and looks like next ep she'll live up to them.
maybe next ep will have the original OP scene again with Chitose in the center. At the very least I'm expecting her to not be crouched in the corner anymore

Lol "Repeat after me: Katta na GAHAHA"
Gahahaha will be the most memorable thing in this anime
gust11Dec 18, 2016 10:19 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 18, 2016 10:44 PM

Jan 2012
All about Chitose this week, making for a more downbeat and sullen episode. Interestingly, it seems as if the show is saying she doesn't need to change her faults to succeed, instead relying on her natural talent. Sigh...must be nice. XD
Dec 18, 2016 11:18 PM

Aug 2013
animefan8800 said:
All about Chitose this week, making for a more downbeat and sullen episode. Interestingly, it seems as if the show is saying she doesn't need to change her faults to succeed, instead relying on her natural talent. Sigh...must be nice. XD

I thought the message was more that what you think are faults can actually turn out to be strengths in the right situation. There is one fault that she seems determined to overcome: Her laziness. She did say she was going to work harder at the end.
Dec 18, 2016 11:26 PM

Jan 2012
PaleBlue said:
animefan8800 said:

I thought the message was more that what you think are faults can actually turn out to be strengths in the right situation. There is one fault that she seems determined to overcome: Her laziness. She did say she was going to work harder at the end.

Perhaps you're right. That's certainly a more positive interpretation anyway. XD
Dec 18, 2016 11:41 PM
Dec 2014
I find it strange that they only reveal now that Gojou and Koto were in the same class. Surely there was a way to at least hint it in the first few episodes. I just don't see the point of throwing it out there now on the second to last episode.

Great interactions between CHitose and Gojou there at the end. It looks like she finally got her confidence back, which is a start.
Dec 19, 2016 12:16 AM

Jan 2015

I know, right? Gloomy Chitose whenever she appeared in this episode at least not until that last minute smile is a bad omen for her friend, FOR SURE.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 19, 2016 1:28 AM
May 2014
Yae is such pure and lovable character that genuinely cares about Chitose, for me it was rly sad and a bit painful when she said that her words are "cheap", so it has to be someone else to talkt to her friend...
lacznoscDec 19, 2016 1:34 AM
Dec 19, 2016 2:13 AM

Aug 2016
GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 19, 2016 6:00 AM

Dec 2014
Some really effective drama this time around. And a lot of shit-talking about Chitose without her knowing. In fact, Chi-chan's rather sad, in a depressed sort of way.
Dec 19, 2016 7:05 AM
May 2016
Koto and Gojou worked together in the past, didn't see it coming. Even the CEO rooting for Chitose, the dumber the person, the bigger his improvement.
Dec 19, 2016 7:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A bad day to Chitose!!! She had a moral down the floor, but lucky stays this her brother, and the last help to up this moral!!!!

In this episode, show the real life all more people, that arrives to point don´t have to do, or way take, and doubt, and the moral down. Ii was a psychological episode!!!
Dec 19, 2016 7:52 AM

May 2016
This episode just did not work for me. Too sugary, too sweet, too easy to predict.

It's a real shame this show ended up the way it did, especially after its spectacular beginning.
It worked mostly because the characters were self-centered, they felt real.
And then everyone became understanding and nice real quick.

I find it kind of sickening, how the show's originality got almost completely sucked out before it reached its conclusion.
Dec 19, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode, it depends on how the last one turns out though. Wonder what will change from now on.
Dec 19, 2016 12:15 PM
Mar 2015
Did anyone get the feeling that there is one more disaster which is beyond everyone's control? When I listened to that report that the weather had halted all traffic I wondered if that was an omen of doom for Chitose and KurSure. Where even though Chitose and Kuzu were doing their best, nature conspired against them
Dec 19, 2016 2:10 PM

Jun 2012
Guess next episode we will have Love Live S2 again, and Chitose will literally have to run to recording session. Yes, it's like Gojou said, you can be trash, change mood quickly, but if you are confident, you can keep it up.
Dec 19, 2016 2:29 PM

May 2010
That was pretty great. We got more of Yae and Koto being supporters.

Damn Kuzu-P tho. But ye I am glad they are betting it on Chitose. Her and Gojou scenes were pretty emotional.
Dec 19, 2016 3:21 PM

Apr 2014
this is pretty much the same as love live as the mc was all happy and such and then towards the end became super depressed and then everyone tries to get her back lol

and pretty sure next ep will follow up just like love live followed up with it people all through out worried about her and thinking she's gonna quit and then she shows up and everyone happy

but anyway cant wait for next ep
"one step at a time"
Dec 19, 2016 4:07 PM

Jun 2016
Excellent character development.
Dec 19, 2016 11:34 PM

Oct 2016
glad that chitose be able to change her mindset ..
Dec 20, 2016 2:14 PM

Jun 2013
So Chitose admits that she has a rotten personality, she's arrogant as hell, she's an attention seeker, she's basically a lot of negative things, but she doesn't want to change that. She still wants people to like her, she wants fans, she wants to become popular. All she needed was a little more confidence in herself. After seeing Nanami rise so quickly even though she joined, like, yesterday, Chitose started to feel even more that she has been replaced. That made her lose confidence in herself. She was improving, but she wasn't sure if she'd ever sell again, which is why she was down. Gojou had to give her some encouragement is all.

The agency president changed managers, brought out Nanami, all for Chitose's sake. If someone would overtake her right before her eyes, it would awaken something in Chitose and she would come out even stronger than before. That was what he hoped. Probably something similar happened to Gojou too, but he gave up instead of getting back up like Chitose.

And Gojou and Koto were classmates in voice acting school or whatever. Gojou gave up after his first big role, but Koto didn't give up. And now instead of being colleagues doing the same thing, Gojou is now Koto's manager (I think he is Yae's too).

Why didn't Gojou give Chitose this little talk before. Why did he have to wait for someone to tell him to do so? Shouldn't he want to prevent Chitose from taking the same path as him? Why was he hesitating so much? It could be because Gojou felt that it isn't his place to say this after how he left voice acting so easily. Chitose did hit those spots previously when Gojou would mention that she can be easily replaced or that she's not good enough or other similar things. So instead of only telling Chitose that she sucks in many ways, he encouraged her and told her that she is amazing and can do what he couldn't.

This did feel a bit too easily achieved, but I didn't really mind it that much. Everyone missed the Cocky, overconfident, sometimes annoying Chitose. Lol no one believed in her that she'll come back. But she is coming back. Now to see if she completely loses her rotteness or if she still has that in her.
Dec 20, 2016 2:59 PM

Oct 2013
Chitose; "a sloth that coasts along on half-assed natural talent." This show is full of funny lines. Hearing Chitose getting trashed for 10 minutes was cruel, yet funny, and we needed the two innocents, Nanami and Yae, to see Chitose's good side.
Dec 20, 2016 5:10 PM

Nov 2016
This was an very interesting episode. I really did feel bad for Chitose as things got much worse than before with herself being pushed aside from the acting roles. Everyone already knew something was definitely wrong with Chitose. Of course, she does goes through a lot of drama and only focused on her popularity and her being selfish didn't help things a bit. The talk that the president was mentioning about how a character who is not as smart can provide significant progress just by learning from someone from behind was something I did not expect from him. But I guess it's not surprising since we have seen his true personality. I thought that might have been a good perspective on things. On a side note, the GA-HA-HA moments are always funny to hear from him. :3

But out of concern from her friend Yae and Koto, they both were able to change Gojou's mind just for a little bit which might have inspired him to think about how to get Chitose back in the game. I was surprised to find out that Koto and Gojou used to work together back as a team. But they both know what acting requires of them in the industry and it can be very tough out there.

The last talk between Gojou and Chitose was really some good character development that I was hoping to see from the both of them as she really thought that she might end up being forgotten once their show was going to end. He really did cheer her up as saying that she's amazing and that are so many people that are rooting for her. I thought it was really sweet of him to explain his side about things and I'm happy that Chitose has now has a resolve to work harder and be able to do more what she could possibly imagine.

To think there's only one episode left, it's going to be very interesting to see how this will come about in the end. Those last few lines about the trains being delayed and such might be problematic so I'm hoping Chitose will make it in time for the show. Can't wait for the last episode! :)
Dec 20, 2016 5:19 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is the most difficult for Chitose.
You know the feeling that someone who's younger than you and has less experience than you but when she acts (seiyuu) she effortlessly out-performs you in everyway and you feel like a side character anymore who would always be at the sidelines where Chitose dislikes the most.
Yae-pon knows what's-up with Chitose and seeks help from Gojou-kun.
The "gahahaha" b0ss wants to make bet to Chitose, same with trash Kuzu-P.
Chitose tried at let it all out against Gojou-kun and it was a good thing that he complimented her so that Chitose's view of life would get better.
4/5.

Dec 21, 2016 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
The possibility of Gojou x Koto is the only thing I cared about in this episode. Oh and when they were all basically roasting Chitose...Hilarious!

Chitose's self pity was disgusting and still annoying.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 21, 2016 12:45 PM
Dec 2014
I loved this episode. Wataru Watari and his writing for the win.
Now I really want to see Chitose nailing a gruesome villain in supervision of Betelgeuse himself new manager-san in episode 12. Sadly that's not happening.

SeijiroUshio said:
Sacho still prefers Chitose and believes that she still has what it takes to be a successful rookie seiyuu.

Actually I think that he was swayed by Gojou on that matter. Having gone through the same process with Gojou and seeing him worried about his sister's dream and career made him give her a last chance.

Yamada2 said:
And Gojou and Koto were classmates in voice acting school or whatever. Gojou gave up after his first big role, but Koto didn't give up. And now instead of being colleagues doing the same thing, Gojou is now Koto's manager (I think he is Yae's too).

I think they were rookies in Number One Produce, so it was exactly the same situation. However as Gojou said he quit at the point where Chitose is now.

Yamada2 said:
Why didn't Gojou give Chitose this little talk before. Why did he have to wait for someone to tell him to do so? Shouldn't he want to prevent Chitose from taking the same path as him? Why was he hesitating so much? It could be because Gojou felt that it isn't his place to say this after how he left voice acting so easily. Chitose did hit those spots previously when Gojou would mention that she can be easily replaced or that she's not good enough or other similar things. So instead of only telling Chitose that she sucks in many ways, he encouraged her and told her that she is amazing and can do what he couldn't.

I'd say that he thought that scolding her was the best way to make her understand. Now that he encouraged her she also didn't exactly get the things he meant, but at least she found a new resolve. :D
RisingSun452Dec 21, 2016 12:56 PM
Dec 21, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2014
Episodes 10 and 11 solidified this as an AOTY for me. We can now see Chitose's story arc in its entirety. At first she is a carefree junior voice actor, then she has equals, and finally she becomes a senpai to a talented VA and feels the pressures and expectations of being a senpai. Chitose's character can handle being lazy and underachieving when she is the position of a kouhai, but when she is put into this new position her posture crumbles down. She can't pretend to be something other than she really is anymore.

The visual direction of this series is so-so at times, but the writing and human drama is just perfect. Everything really hits home for me. It's really interesting to find an anime with a low-ish rating that enjoy this much.

I have to say that the final scene was cut in a kind of a weird way. We saw the forecast and then just a snapshot of Chitose putting her shoes on. I had to think a few seconds about what the show was trying to communicate.
Dec 21, 2016 6:47 PM

May 2016
Turns out the CEO isn't complete trash. He is at least willing to stick to Chitose instead of switching ships which seems like exactly what he'll do.
Why is Chitose going out in a skirt. The news just said it was so cold, public transportion is affected.
I really like the Koto scenes this episode. Just wanted to add that in.
I know we shouldn't care about scores, but how is this barely hanging on a 7. The only reason I can think of is most people who actual like it are waiting till the end to rate.
Dec 22, 2016 1:10 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode. So much subtle content and I'm really pleased with the development. This episode improved my possible score for this anime from 6/10 to 8/10.

Too bad the Koto x Gojo ship didn't sail... when I saw them together in the pic, I thought there was a chance for a 'confession' on that scene lol.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Dec 22, 2016 5:43 AM
Mar 2016
unexpected event with Gojou and Koto, make me think Gojou could be a harem heroes lol

I still think Nanami have a dark side, but maybe because Chitose's influence in beginning series make me think that. Next episode gonna be average ending. So i can say i will give this anime 7/10 in the end.

And this anime more interesting than Hibike S2, it's crazy for me !
Dec 22, 2016 5:53 AM

Feb 2008
Chitose finally grew. In addition to her growth, the CEO became even more likeable. Also, I didn't expect Koto having been around for that long.

The episode even shed some light on the reasons why Goto quit the business, which was also a rather welcome addition.
Dec 22, 2016 7:20 AM

Jun 2015
takenMalUsername said:
Turns out the CEO isn't complete trash. He is at least willing to stick to Chitose instead of switching ships which seems like exactly what he'll do.
Why is Chitose going out in a skirt. The news just said it was so cold, public transportion is affected.
I know we shouldn't care about scores, but how is this barely hanging on a 7. The only reason I can think of is most people who actual like it are waiting till the end to rate.

Most decent shows get a score bump at the end because most viewers don't rate until it is over. I imagine Girlish will end up somewhere near an 8ish.
Dec 22, 2016 9:14 AM

Jun 2013
YAY!
Chi-Chan got her confidence back! The entire episode i just wanted to hug her
Cant wait to see how it ends!
Dec 22, 2016 9:15 AM

Jun 2013
RealityRush said:
takenMalUsername said:

Most decent shows get a score bump at the end because most viewers don't rate until it is over. I imagine Girlish will end up somewhere near an 8ish.

Sadly, it seems like it got a very small bump... it went from a 7.09 to a 7.14.... likely the highest itll go is about a 7.2
Dec 22, 2016 9:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice seeing that Chitose finally realize the situation that she's in
While New Nanami puts a lot of effort into her performances and always tries her best in her performances and thus earning the respect and admiration of her fellow seiyuus and gaining her many fans. Plus Nanami treats everyone with respect earning her even more praise.

Chitose however doesn't put enough effort into her performances and wonders why she isn't popular lol

Well its a nice change seeing Kuzu back to his usual self again
he looks like a deflated fish when he's sad lol
Although seeing Chitose sad doesn't make me happy seeing her realize the reason why she's not getting lead roles while her friends are is though

Nanami is just so cute though
and its nice that Nanami managed to forge friendships with both Yae and Koto though. Yae and Koto's interactions are as funny as ever though.
Now if Chitose is as hard working and positive as Nanami is then she won't be stuck in this rut of hers. Thats probably her thoughts now and its pretty obvious to Koto as well by the looks of it.

I really applaud Yae's attempts at cheering Chitose up though
Kuzu's being annoying as ever though
I guess Chitose being generous to Nanami is out of the question eh
Nanami just reminds Chitose just what she could have been if she had worked just as hard as she did.

Its nice seeing Yae reveal her inner thoughts about Chitose though
but telling Chitose that instead of Gojo would have been better
but given her mood right now its perhaps not the best time
As her brother and manager Gojo does have some responsibility into how Chitose turned out i guess. If he had pushed her harder then perhaps she would have worked harder and put more effort into her performance.

hmm so Koto and Gojo are old friends and were in the same class of seiyuu's eh
thats actually pretty surprising
its nice seeing the main cast realize that something is up with Chitose though
Without Chitose's jolly attitude though they lack something though
lol seeing Momoka get angry because Chitose isn't telling her whats bothering her
just tells just how Momoka cares about Chitose i guess

Koto is right that having talent along is not enough
being able to work hard and work together well with fellow seiyuu's is also something that you need. Lol Yae's description of Chitose was spot on.

Lol despite disagreeing with Kuzu's plan he still agree's with the boss there
watching Momoka and the others worry about Chitose though is so hearwarming
it just tells you just how much they care about her after all
lol Nanami really admires Chitose doesn't she eh
Lol Momoka and Kuzuha are now best of friends as well too

If Chitose gets rid of that overbearing and overly proud personality of hers and work hard and be respectful to others then she will still get roles even if she isn't new.
Chitose really is dumb to not realize that lol

Lol watching Gojo list out Chitose's shortcomings
and which there were a lot lol
but its nice seeing Chitose recover from the slump after hearing Gojo's words
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2016 10:32 AM
Dec 22, 2016 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
SakurasouBusters said:
RealityRush said:

Sadly, it seems like it got a very small bump... it went from a 7.09 to a 7.14.... likely the highest itll go is about a 7.2

The show isn't over yet... the scoring bump comes from when the show ends and 95% of the people watching it that haven't rated it yet do so and the scores of the people that dropped it after only a couple of episodes get axed from the average.

Look at the stats:

Watching: 20,402
Completed: 48

MAL is a North American site and most North Americans wont see the 12th episode until Davinci's release probably this weekend or early next week. Then you'll see the rating bump, and a bit more after the Crunchy release as well. The fact that it is already on an upwards swing from 7.09 to 7.14 before the last episode is out is a positive thing, and I'm absolutely certain it'll go above 7.2 from the post-season bump.
Dec 23, 2016 4:17 AM
Nov 2014
I liked the episode for many reasons, including Yae saying to Gojo that Chitose won't take her seriously because "her words are cheap".
It's nice to see what character A said to B earlier affect B on the long run, not many anime do it, yet its absolutely essential for a proper, engrossing story!

Too many works out there have events that happen, but then the characters brush it off and act as if nothing happened in the next episodes.

But what stroke a chord with me is Chitose monologue at the end.
Many people think they are amazing and everybody is in his/her own way,
but also many people don't work hard enough to earn what they feel entitled to, be it money, fame or simply recognition.
There are reasons for that: lazyness like with Chitose, sometimes self-bellitlement (self-induced or induced by other, worst case both),
fatalism, self-censoring...

An example of self-censoring: dozens of girls in France don't go to
engineer schools in spite of really being interested because stereotypes tell
it's a man job, they'll be paid less and they won't be treated as seriously, which
thankfully is often complete BS especially when the engineer is skilled.
Dec 23, 2016 12:02 PM

Aug 2015
Dec 23, 2016 2:18 PM

May 2015
I loved seeing Chitose going from all mopey to ready to put in the effort for her career to be a success. And I kind of get why Yae said her words were cheap. I mean, her character throughout this whole anime has been nothing but cuteness and kindness. Therefore, since she's always so kind, her telling Chitose she's amazing holds little to no weight. Gojou, on the other hand, has at most, been tolerating Chitose. I really liked where his conversation with Chitose went near the end of the episode. Hopefully the finale is good!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2016

103 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

84 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:40 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

63 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

65 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:13 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2016

54 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.