Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 3, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There's possibility that Chizu may be alive? Hmm...

I think Yuta should take some responsibility in accepting his own role as a detective even if he can't accept reality of death. That Albino kid still creeps the hell out of me in this show. Surprised to see a Cardfight Vanguard reference though.
Stark700Dec 3, 2016 8:43 AM
Dec 3, 2016 9:03 AM
Apr 2016
Even more threads leading to Steins;Gate experience. I guess we are going to see Hashigami-sensei in a final encounter with the Emperor.
Oh, and the way the kid behaves "because he is a minor" - this is a serious issue in Japanese society. Someone had better start actually looking at it.
Re:formed
Dec 3, 2016 9:03 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Did i just understand that right in the conversation between Shun and Kiryuu? Turn back time?

Also Miyuu only realized she lost her hair once the boy told her that he cut it off her corpse. That's interesting.

Ryotas is finally doing something.

The radio messages are still a total mystery to me, but it's intriguing.
Dec 3, 2016 9:05 AM
Apr 2016
Smudy said:
Did i just understand that right in the conversation between Shun and Kiryuu? Turn back time?

Also Miyuu only realized she lost her hair once the boy told her that he cut it off her corpse. That's interesting.

Ryotas is finally doing something.

The radio messages are still a total mystery to me, but it's intriguing.

Radios designed by Yuta's father project the feelings or words of those ghosts who can't be seen and/or someone else. It might turn out the religious society was not going to turn out that bad and his father was not an inhumane fanatic.
Re:formed
Dec 3, 2016 9:43 AM

Dec 2014
I hope she is alive.... that chizu... things are so much to grasp... I just hope all the questions are answered in the end
Dec 3, 2016 9:46 AM

Jul 2014
Finally feels like things are somewhat coming together, with lots of these different plot threads well and truly connecting, with everything well and truly centring around Yuta and his "Sky Sensor". Not sure where that thing about turning back time is going to take things, but it's definitely an interesting idea. Also, Ryotas' voice and speaking style was distinctly different to usual in that last scene, so it seems that maybe her personality up to this point has been a facade? Well, if it makes her character useful, I'm all for it.
Dec 3, 2016 9:48 AM
Dec 2014
Ryoutasu really knows something about it all!!!
"It's the end of the World" she said as she left the bar!

I think things are gonna start to unfold a bit but I bet we gonna have an open ending.
Dec 3, 2016 10:03 AM
Feb 2016
Ryo-tas and the detective show their 2 sided face although the latter has already shown his since earlier episodes. Their way of bringing new questions and answers can seem to be easy to understand but a bit hard to catch. It's like I get it but I don't get it at the same time. When the albino kid said something about Visible and Invisible 'ghost' and the way the radio that the female detective carry responds to Miyu does that mean that the one who talks to Gamon is a ghost that is 'invisible' to his eyes but could be seen if they're of the same type?

The detective mentioned something about time machine and going to the past while Ryo-tas mention about the world ends when Gamon doesn't want to go and help rescue Miyu and I hope next week we can know who Ryo-tas really is and the time machine the detective mention. Kudos to the female detective as well for re-analyzing the whole case from the beginning.
Dec 3, 2016 10:15 AM

Dec 2015
For a short period of the Miyuu's First person view scared the crap out of me.
Ryo-tas serious now. Moritsuka knows a lot, I mean the way he asked Kusakabe "I want to know how to turn back time", he really did quiet a research on the inside.
Dec 3, 2016 10:17 AM

Jan 2015
Underground room with lots of box and sharp weapon covered with blood. Oh my, you shouldn't do that, Miyuu. At least you should ask someone to accompany you to go there.
And the cliffhanger, right after Ryoutas makes the "Serious" face.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 3, 2016 10:23 AM

Nov 2016
It may just be coincidence but I'm assuming that was another reference to Steins;Gate when Shun is discussing time machines with Kiryuu and the "I failed, I failed, I failed, I failed" line of Suzuha's. If so, nice integration. I love all the crossover references.
It was neat to find out how the radio works finally. I hope we can learn more on that next week as well.
Also, I loved the way we got to see Miyuu's perspective when entering that dark and creepy hallway, I was on the edge of my seat! This show makes great use of suspense elements.
Dec 3, 2016 10:49 AM

May 2010
Good episode, the Miyuu scenes were really well done
I like that Ryotas is finally being serious
Dec 3, 2016 11:05 AM

Sep 2015
Finally that albino boy is arrested.. crazy asf. I wonder what's up with the Vanguard free advertisement in this show kinda. Ryo's true personally is coming?
Dec 3, 2016 11:06 AM

Dec 2014
Another interesting episode that is slowly connecting everything that's been set up over the last few episodes.

Technically most of the episode dealt with the cast figuring out what was showed to us last episode.

Interesting comment that Ryo-tas made when she left the cafe, 'The world will end'

The interaction between Miyu and the White hair boy was pretty intense, The hair falling out was really interesting. I suspect this has to do with projections of our cast realizing something that changes their memory. Since Miyu's projection realized that she didn't actually have long hair, The memory was probably updated with the new information leading to the hair falling off. That's what I think of it anyway.

Gamon and his Sky Sensor are still shrouded in mystery. Given that the sky sensor is able to pick up voices from these astral projections, It might be a device that is able to recognize the unique EM Waves that Scandium gives off. Actually it might even act as the reciever the organization was talking about last episode. It was the voice in the radio that compelled Gamon to pull out the molar after seeing the professor's death in the very first episode. Assuming that Gamon was already injected with Scandium at this point which is very likely since his Dad was the cult leader, The Sky Sensor might be the receiver influencing the actions of the injected people hinting at the human mind control concept talked about in the previous episode.

Also the main organization's boss seems to have Singularity as his goal.

Ryo-tas reveal next episode? :O
Dec 3, 2016 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
Is the watermelon boobs gonna have a serious role?

That moment when the seiyuu spoke seriously I warmed up to her. The seiyuu is actually pretty good. It will be better if this character has some serious role and it will be evn better if they uncover that her boobs were just weird big pockets hiding weapons or something.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 3, 2016 11:22 AM
Mar 2015
I could be wrong but didnt sound Ryo's voice similiar to the one Yuta was always talking with over the radio?
Besides from the static noise it sounded kinda similiar.

Nice to see the albino boy arrested, he was just creepy as hell.

Also, the invisible and visible ghost thing could mean that many poeple are still alive, but noone can see them
Dec 3, 2016 11:32 AM

Feb 2016
"You have completed creating the Wardenclyffe Gun?" - Ryo-tas' gun?

"Boot up the New World System." - Occultic;Nine linked with Annonymous;Code confirmed?? :O
Dec 3, 2016 11:38 AM

Feb 2014
Looks like Ryo's facade has been ditched in order to sort Gamon out. This could hint that she IS the person who speaks to Gamon on the radio before. I wonder why she said "The world will end" as she left the cafe though.

The whole scene between Miyu and the Albino kid was pretty intense, but also very well done too. Good thing that the brat got arrested in the end. =)

Still, the way her long hair fell out after seeing her real head with shorter hair does peak my interest. Very fascinating indeed.

Next week should be good once more. Hopefully now, Ryo will play a good role and I'm hoping that certain questions will be answered. =)
Dec 3, 2016 11:47 AM

Dec 2015
Taekochan said:
It may just be coincidence but I'm assuming that was another reference to Steins;Gate when Shun is discussing time machines with Kiryuu and the "I failed, I failed, I failed, I failed" line of Suzuha's. If so, nice integration. I love all the crossover references.
It was neat to find out how the radio works finally. I hope we can learn more on that next week as well.
Also, I loved the way we got to see Miyuu's perspective when entering that dark and creepy hallway, I was on the edge of my seat! This show makes great use of suspense elements.

Yep you are correct.
Dec 3, 2016 12:10 PM

Nov 2014
What card does Ryo-tas hold in her hand along this time?

Now, time travel??...... Until this point, the story already been in messed.

Maybe the time travel somehow relates to the mangaka Nishizono Rika who drew something in the future
Dec 3, 2016 12:11 PM

Oct 2013
I loved how the nameless albino kid kept screaming "I'M A MINOR! MINOR'S CAN'T BE CHARGED!" as they dragged him away. I imagine he might get out but I'm glad they locked him away for a little bit. I know some people are speculating Chi-chan might still be alive, but i'm pretty sure she's dead, and just an "invisible" ghost, since i'm guessing she wasn't injected with scandium. The scene where chi "spoke" to Myu has me wondering though if the fbi girl made that up, or if she acted as a mediator so that they could communicate briefly.

I'm glad Myu has came to her senses, I guess next ep Gamon will(?). Very interested to see the identity of Ryu. There are only 3 more episodes left which means it's time for things to come together for a finale.

missimperfect said:
the radio that the female detective carry responds to Miyu does that mean that the one who talks to Gamon is a ghost that is 'invisible' to his eyes but could be seen if they're of the same type?

This is such an interesting theory tbh! I feel like it's either this or Ryu talking to Gamon on the radio.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Dec 3, 2016 12:25 PM

Nov 2015
This show is just as messy as it was. I don't get the plot

Dec 3, 2016 12:29 PM

Jun 2015
The POV scene from Miyuu was pretty cool. The albino kid finally got arrested. Miyuu breaking down was sad to watch. Ryo-tas at the end is serious now. That is interesting.
Dec 3, 2016 12:31 PM

Dec 2012
Gamon's dead so why should he bother with anything.

Argh Miyuu walking down that secret passage was chilling & creepy.
DAMN that kid is freaky as hell. All those bloody Kotoribako's.
Well at least he's caught for now.

Hmmm... visible & invisible ghosts

Ryou-tas getting serious at the end.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 3, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
Myupon has been through so much :'(

Albino kid using Claret in his deck XD
That whole myu, albino, fbi sequence was cool.

Now seeing the future and time travel might be involved, ryotas is now serious :O

Dec 3, 2016 1:01 PM

Sep 2014
Lol after they mentioned the "turn back to time" thing my mind went straight to Steins;Gate.That sick albino boy was captured,but he says nothing to police.Gamon still cannot accept his death and tries to hear the voice of his dead father,who was the leader of the cult,to make himself feel better.Ryo-tas went into serious mode.I wonder if she was that voice from the radio that spoke to Gamon.
Dec 3, 2016 1:39 PM
Jul 2013
I see there are many references to Steins;Gate, although I didn't see that.
Do you think it is crucial to see Steins;Gate for this anime or is it just a Gimmick/fan service for the loyal watchers?

About the episode, I think this was the first one that I actually understood everything through. Maybe the lack of Gamon in the episode is related?.. :)

Also, now I understand why Ryo-tas is in the ED, I knew she is going to be a main character in the story! (although it still hard to believe...)

Lelouch0202 said:

Given that the sky sensor is able to pick up voices from these astral projections, It might be a device that is able to recognize the unique EM Waves that Scandium gives off. Actually it might even act as the reciever the organization was talking about last episode.

Exactly what I thought! I also think the brain-waves of the ghosts (i.e what they think and feel) changes a little the frequency of the EM waves of the scandium which can explain why the fbi detective could only hear Miyu when she cried, because then the scandium transmitted waves with the same frequency that the radio device was receiving on.
Dec 3, 2016 1:41 PM
Sep 2015
Finally that white crazy kid is arrested, that kid creeps me out. Plus they found out more about how they are able to have a body even though they are dead. This just keeps on getting interesting

Plus Gamon is in his lame self, not knowing what to do and just panics by himself, home he will just get a hold of himself already, this weak and lame part of him is really unbearable. also TIME TRAVEL!!! Plus this episode just show that Ryotas isnt dead and she is abl to see the ghosts, how is that possible? is she different or something? its just gets on interesting and confusing, I like it.

Excited to see the next episode and how Gamon can actually man up and stop panicking at every little thing.
Dec 3, 2016 2:01 PM

Dec 2008
* Hmm... Looks like boobies-girl is not just another anime airhead.
* I guess the Albino boy is not the "Chosen One" after all.
* Where's the tranny restaurant manager?
Dec 3, 2016 2:46 PM
Jul 2016
I can allredy see it ,Plottwisst the boob girl was the mastermind and the boobs are fake.
Dec 3, 2016 2:49 PM

Nov 2016
matan7890 said:
I see there are many references to Steins;Gate, although I didn't see that.
Do you think it is crucial to see Steins;Gate for this anime or is it just a Gimmick/fan service for the loyal watchers?

I don't think there's any specific link to Steins;Gate they're going for (plot wise), so if you've never seen it, I wouldn't stress. The producers are probably just being cheeky.
Dec 3, 2016 2:57 PM

Feb 2016
9 chapters in, and looks like Oppai-chan will be finally useful... I hope

about them being ghosts... I think this is a bit of a Time paradox, since when Miyu knew that her hair was cut she got her hair cut, that got me a bit curious about it, It looked a lot like a Paradox imo. I do also think that they must belong to a different timeline but stuck on another timeline where they are dead... if there is any novel reader her, speak if i'm wrong or not
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 3, 2016 2:58 PM

May 2015
I really like "bunker" scene. It was virtual reality and shit style. :DD

Also FBI girl is terrbile at shooting.

This show improved, but still I'm bit dissapointed. :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 3, 2016 3:05 PM

Jul 2013
I knew Ryotasu was more of what she seemed to be. Her dumb behavior and appearence were too out of place in a series of this style and it was weird she stayed as a recurring character while having that silly personality and not showing more sides of her character when even the gay master of the cafe showed signs of being more of what he seems to be at first.

Did detective guy mentioned time travel? Oh, boy.
Dec 3, 2016 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa there! that clifhanger ending sure expanding more mystery!
Dec 3, 2016 5:06 PM

May 2016
What happend to Ryotas at the end of episode and isnt Gamons radio is the voice of ghosts ? If its true then some ghost told him to take a tooth-key from sensei.
Dec 3, 2016 5:25 PM
Jul 2012
omg, this episode finally properly connects some shiet.
I wonder if it's possible that the one speaking with Gamotan through the Sky Sensor is Professor Hashigami himself?
Dec 3, 2016 6:12 PM

Dec 2015
Too many Steins;Gate references. I'm drowning.

Is the manager of the café is perhaps, hiding a secret?
Dec 3, 2016 7:14 PM
Jan 2014
That Chizu girl is totally dead.
Myu-pon is too stupid to live. Oh wait, she's already dead too.

Seems like Ryo-tas is the hidden character in this story. The 10th character?
Dec 3, 2016 8:07 PM

Oct 2011
Omg turn back time omg
Dec 3, 2016 8:59 PM

Dec 2013
Moritruka-san seems to see something in the cafe, did anybody notice that?
That VR Is really good.

Ryotas finally!!
Skill 1 - Mask Maker.
Skill 2 - Binding Spell.
Skill 3 - Conceal Darkness.
Skill 4 - Mind Shield..
Dec 3, 2016 9:45 PM
May 2016
this show getting exciting. So glad the crazy albino boy was caught. Gamon's father is the founder of the Eight Gods of Fortune!?

VerkaCC said:
omg, this episode finally properly connects some shiet.
I wonder if it's possible that the one speaking with Gamotan through the Sky Sensor is Professor Hashigami himself?

Well it might be possible, Zonko ordered Gamon to remove the tooth key from professor Hashigami and write the CODE using blood, if Zonko is Professor Hashigami, he might needs the help of Gamon regarding his affiliation with the occult organization or something like that. Though I'm already suspecting that Zonko is Ryo-tas, Zonko speaks when Ryos-tas is out, but it still bugs me, I never heard Zonko speak when there are people near or around Gamon, Zonko speaks only to Gamon, so it seems like its a ghost speaking to Gamon. According to the episode that Kisaki heard Myu on the radio. If that's the case Ryo-tas, which is alive , so she might not be Zonko.

Looks like Ryo-tas will rreveal something and she's serious.
Dec 3, 2016 9:51 PM
Apr 2014
Why. Why are you going down there?

Is this where the key goes? Nope, it'll just open on its own.

Fuck, this creepy kid as been doing a lot of fucking work. God damn. That's quite harsh to just kick a kotoribako with her dead sister in it at her...

Wow, you're a bad shot.... What was that scream... what? Oh, people that I assume are alive.

Okay... that ending was something, will we actually see some character development from Ryotas?!?!

That POV scene with Miyuu... that was very unsettling.

I'm going to have to rewatch this episode when I'm not tired.

I'm still pretty nervous on how they are going to wrap up everything in three episodes. Yet at least this show is still keeping my attention, unlike a few other shows I picked up this season.
Dec 3, 2016 10:25 PM

Oct 2016
I think yuta upgraded his gears from annoying to useless ,looking forward to his future actions since that's the first time I see Ryo-tas being worried about something! I thought she was the "I don't give a shit " type
Dec 4, 2016 12:10 AM

Feb 2014
So Gamota's dad is the ringleader?
I hear him knocking!!!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 4, 2016 12:19 AM

Oct 2012
I failed. I failed. I failed. I failed I failed at containing my squeal of satisfaction at seeing another S;G reference.
Gamon's sulking a tad too much for my liking, can't blame him but his attitude still ticks me off. Good to see that Zonko pretty much confirmed Ryo-tas is gonna snap him out of that next ep. Seems like she's from a different planet? Maybe she isn't Zonko just going off of what this ep showed us with Myu-pom's voice being heard on the radio. Maybe Zonko is just an invisible, unnamed ghost, but I'd personally like it more if I turned out to be right and it was Ryo-tas. Plus at the very end there when she asks, "Just how long are you going to be moping?" I thought she sounded quite a bit like Zonko at that moment. Assuming next ep's title is referring to her, and frankly there aren't a lot of people that it could logically apply to, it'll mean that she's from a different planet? Timeline? Lots of possibilities
Looks like Moritsuka is onto something with being able to turn back time or freely manipulate it, I thought that overall exchange while fast as always was really well done

You know I feel more and more inclined to imagine that Ryo-tas is some special astral body who is from the future. First off, I thought the timing of the frame change was interesting when it transitioned abruptly from The Chosen One creeping menacingly towards Myu-pom to Ryo-tas glancing towards the side, almost (to me) as if keeping track of what's happening to Myu-pom, implying something different about her.
Plus she says, "Then, I'm sure the world will end." as a matter of fact, implying pretty heavily that perhaps like that devil-what'shisface-ghost, she managed to manipulate and go back in time.
Not gonna lie, when they asked about this Wardenclyffe Gun, I immediately thought of Ryo-tas's futuristic sci-fi ray gun.
Well whatever the case, seems like we'll be getting some answers from her next ep

vangoz said:

Myu-pon is too stupid to live. Oh wait, she's already dead too.?
Lol
gust11Dec 4, 2016 12:48 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 4, 2016 12:32 AM

Jan 2015
That Steins Gate's reference lol

Anyway, great episode
Dec 4, 2016 2:50 AM
May 2016
Ryo-tas finally showed her true colors. It excites me; the more I learn about anything in the show, the more things that idek
Dec 4, 2016 2:53 AM
Mar 2016
Ok, so why some of those ghost visible to others some are not......and is it just me or is that big boobed bimbo being serious?
Dec 4, 2016 5:05 AM

Jan 2016
The next episode is 'Another Girl. Another Planet' - does anyone else remember someone put a theory on a MAL thread that Ryo-tas was actually an alien, and her massive breasts are due to misinterpretation of male attraction? That'll be weird and awesome at the same time if it's true...

Albino kid is finally arrested! Thank god. So it seems those injected with Scandium can see ghosts injected with Scandium, since the Albino boy could see the visible ghosts, and does that mean Ryo-tas' boobs are full of Scandium?

Another Steins;Gate reference from the Otaku Detective, but now time travel as well? It probably has something to do with 'absolute time' or whatever it is called that the Astral Body is connected to. Something along the lines of experiencing time before anyone else.

Show keeps improving, and now Ryo-tas shows her true colours. What more could you ask for?

EDIT: Also good directing this episode. The first-person shots when Myu was walking down the corridor gave me the creeps.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

217 by Archean-Return »»
May 21, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

95 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

171 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

449 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 11:47 AM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.