Forum Settings
Forums

Simple thread: Why is your favorite anime your favorite?

New
Jul 13, 2016 8:55 PM

Aug 2015
If you rated it a 10, surely you had a reason. So what was it?

Mod Edit: Giving this a chance 'cause there are quite a number of good responses. Remember, explain ^^
ShockedJul 14, 2016 9:59 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2016 9:11 PM

Nov 2009
Inuyasha was part of my starter pack for getting into anime. Became memorized by the love story, characters and the beautiful OST's. Turned me into the romance buff that I am now

Watching Nodame Cantabile is the most fun I've had as an anime fan. Could not give less a fuck about the classical genre going in but Nodame's spirit and Chiaki's drive combined for a beautiful tandem, and they made great music together.
Jul 13, 2016 9:14 PM

Sep 2015
Because Gintama delivers it in every episode. Oh, and because Gintoki is the best character ever.

EDIT: Gintama is actually the only show that made me laugh out loud.
Jul 13, 2016 9:15 PM

Nov 2015
Because it's themes resonated with me. I could also kinda relate to the MC and the messages that the show gave off were something I always grew up wondering about..
Jul 13, 2016 9:16 PM

Jul 2015
The reasons why I rate an anime a 10 are simply because I REALLY enjoyed it, and were either unique or just really good at what they did. Ill give examples:

-Steins;gate = The story telling was amazing! Made me cry, made me laugh, and I genuinely felt for the characters
-Nisekoi = Was damn funny 24/7
-Madoka magica = Took a completely different and unique turn from the Mahou Shoujo genre.

All 3 of these had something special about them IMO.
Jul 13, 2016 9:23 PM

Jul 2015
Hunter x Hunter 2011: Love the character driven storylines, how each arc is different from the last in Tone, setting and formula,Each Fight has a different tactics to it and are creative,The character development, It doesn't get so convoluted that you don't know what's going on but not to simple that it's predictable,There is always a sense of danger unlike other anime, the OST always hypes me up, the animation is High Quality especially for a long running show, the voice acting gives me chills and fits each character, and I love how lot's of the side characters get characterised and can carry the show and don't always to need the MC to save them or need them to accomplish their task
Sup...
Jul 13, 2016 9:25 PM

Sep 2015
Actually I rated it a 9. It's my favorite because it's calming, touching, fun, and overall was very enjoyable. There wasn't a single moment where I was bored and I looked forward to each episode with extreme excitement. The soundtrack was beautiful and the characters were all so lovable. There are many shows like it out there but I believe it s the best in that genre.
Jul 13, 2016 9:30 PM

Oct 2014
When you say "simple thread' are you sure you didn't mean "simple listing thread"?

Anyway, here are some short explanations for the four anime I rated 10. I may write actual reviews someday.

Yama no Susume Second Season: This has the most beautiful animation I have seen. All of the characters are well developed; even some of the background characters have personalities. The adventures are all realistic. The pacing isn't the best, but I gave it some leeway due to everything it did well.

Cardcaptor Sakura: All of the characters were amazing and they had very unique personalities. Even though the anime is half filler every episode has a great story and no episode feels like it doesn't belong. The relationships between the characters are interesting and well written. The anime is just as long as it needs to be to tell its story.

Full Moon wo Sagashite: This is one of the most dark and interesting anime I've ever watched. Even though it's a shoujo anime it manages to show really good philosophy about death that I haven't even seen in seinen anime. The characters are all likable and all of their lives are interesting. The way that the backstories behind the characters coincide is interesting to find out about as the story progresses.

Usagi Drop: The characters are all realistic. It does a good job of showing a single parent raising a child. The ending isn't anything special, but that's not too big of a problem.
Jul 13, 2016 9:34 PM
Nov 2009
zombie_pegasus said:
When you say "simple thread' are you sure you didn't mean "simple listing thread"?

Anyway, here are some short explanations for the four anime I rated 10. I may write actual reviews someday.

Yama no Susume Second Season: This has the most beautiful animation I have seen. All of the characters are well developed; even some of the background characters have personalities. The adventures are all realistic. The pacing isn't the best, but I gave it some leeway due to everything it did well.

Cardcaptor Sakura: All of the characters were amazing and they had very unique personalities. Even though the anime is half filler every episode has a great story and no episode feels like it doesn't belong. The relationships between the characters are interesting and well written. The anime is just as long as it needs to be to tell its story.

Full Moon wo Sagashite: This is one of the most dark and interesting anime I've ever watched. Even though it's a shoujo anime it manages to show really good philosophy about death that I haven't even seen in seinen anime. The characters are all likable and all of their lives are interesting. The way that the backstories behind the characters coincide is interesting to find out about as the story progresses.

Usagi Drop: The characters are all realistic. It does a good job of showing a single parent raising a child. The ending isn't anything special, but that's not too big of a problem.

And then you read the final four volumes of the manga that weren't adapted of Usagi Drop and realise its fucked up lol
I am me, we are we
Jul 13, 2016 9:37 PM

Jun 2015
Evangelion challenges me, Wolf Children inspires me personally, and Miyazaki's works are the purest reminders of the beauty of humanity.

Of course, these must have the utmost excellence in filmmaking, direction, cinematography, animation, visual and literary storytelling, editing, characterization, etc. before even being considered an 8 or above for me. But when an anime can achieve all of these and manage to strongly impress me personally, psychologically, and/or philosophically, it can reach a 9 or 10.

The anime listed above, as well as Ghost in the Shell, Whisper of the Heart, FLCL, Hosoda's other films, and Berserk have managed to reach that level of excellence and personal impression to be considered my favorites.
Jul 13, 2016 9:38 PM

Oct 2014
@animezinghayden Literally the minute I set Usagi Drop as completed (well, within an hour of it anyway) someone posted on my profile that if I enjoyed the Usagi Drop anime I shouldn't read the manga because it will take the enjoyment out of it. I took their advice.
Jul 13, 2016 9:38 PM
Apr 2016
I only have two 10s

Dragon Ball Z, purely because it's so much fun. I have so many great memories of watching DBZ. Yeah, it's far from perfect, but it's easily the most enjoyable anime I've seen.

Cowboy Bebop, because it truly is flawless. The characters, story, pacing, and enjoyment are all perfect (and least in my opinion)
Jul 13, 2016 9:40 PM

Apr 2014
Because it went above and beyond most other anime I've seen, simple as that.
Jul 13, 2016 9:40 PM
Nov 2009
zombie_pegasus said:
@animezinghayden Literally the minute I set Usagi Drop as completed (well, within an hour of it anyway) someone posted on my profile that if I enjoyed the Usagi Drop anime I shouldn't read the manga because it will take the enjoyment out of it. I took their advice.

Don't blame you at all my friend, keep the anime as the story and avoid the manga to keep the magic alive lol

I am super lenient and have a few more 10's than I imagine most people do but gintama will always be my favourite. Don't really have any reasons apart from its the anime and manga I enjoy the most, look forward to the most ect

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedJul 14, 2016 9:57 PM
I am me, we are we
Jul 13, 2016 9:50 PM
Dec 2015
The biggest factor for my 10's was enjoyment. I refuse to give something a 10 if my enjoyment wasn't at least a 9.5, and even then, my 10's are usually an enjoyment level of 9.8-10.

Shinsekai Yori- Probably the most interesting and engaging story I have ever seen. The atmosphere was always creepy and unsettling. Saki as a main character was wonderful, and the main villain is one of the best I've seen in any story. The villains last words gave me chills. The anime is very thought provoking and has an interesting message. The music was fantastic and the animation was really good considering the low budget. It is mostly the story that hooked me though, and I had trouble not continuing from about episode 4 onward. I wanted more after episode 25.

Clannad After Story- The most intense feels ever is obviously the biggest draw for me, since I value a show that can bring about this kind of emotion so naturally and intensely. The characters were wonderful all around. The animation was fantastic and the soundtrack is one of my all time favorites. The main thing is that the story had themes that hit me very personally and close to home. I never got along well with my family, but after watching this anime I was encouraged to forge a better relationship with them and I think it has worked. Also, THE FEELS!!!

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso- An anime that holds a very special place in my heart for being my gateway into this amazing medium. I never knew that stories could be so beautiful until I saw this anime. The animation was brilliant and the music was spectacular. The characters were extremely relatable for me, and their struggles touched me. The theme of music as a form of expression and way of life hits me personally because I am a musician. Just like in Clannad, I cried multiple times during this show, even upon my second viewing. The finale is one of the best episodes of anime that I have ever seen. That first OP is probably my favorite of all time and I still get emotional listening to it.

Wolf Children- Wasn't expecting to like this one as much as I did. The great animation and soundtrack added so much to the world of this movie. I loved the characters and story because of the fantastic pacing and relatable struggles. Hana is the best Mom ever and Ame and Yuki were adorable characters with personality and engaging stories related to their struggles. I got more enjoyment out of this movie than anything in any medium that I have ever experienced.
Jul 13, 2016 9:57 PM

Nov 2009
I'm pretty sure I answered a question like that already...
Anyway, I placed Tsukihime and First Squad there, because I like them, and a lot of people don't. Screw those people, Tsukihime anime does exist!
Dog Days is, in my opinion, the essence of anime.
And I just liked Yume Tsukai and Tank Police a lot.

My manga choices are easier to describe:
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is one of the first (and best) slice-of-life mangas I have read. Partly because it's so mysterious.
Mahou Sensei Negima has a perfect blend of ecchi harem and magic action, similar to Dog Days.
Monster Collection is remembered for its awesome art. There's plenty of monsters inside, and they're all well-drawn. And plenty of well-drawn people too.
I find sketchbook (and its MC Kajiwara Sora) to be very relatable.
Knights resonates with me, because it's about killing evil priests with science.
Jul 13, 2016 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
I have two favorite anime and the reason they're my favorites is because I loved every second of them and wouldn't change a single thing, and, also, they're both shows I could watch over and over again without getting tired of 'em.

I'm assuming most people feel this way about their favorite(s).
Jul 13, 2016 10:22 PM
Apr 2016
Because I enjoyed every minute of it

Jul 13, 2016 10:24 PM

Apr 2015
End of Eva is legit my favourite movie ever

10/10 pinnacle of entertainment and mindfuckery
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2016 10:27 PM
Jan 2016
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood because I can't really think of many flaws, while it had a great story, memorable character and was all-round awesome to keep it short. I could probably sing it many praises, but everyone knows it's awesome, so why bother?

Clannad After Story because it moved me the most out of all anime I've watched. It hit me right in the kokoro and it was the first anime that made me seriously cry like a little biatch.

And my not-so-guilty pleasure SAO... While I agree that it's definitely NOT among the best anime, it has a special place in my heart. I don't know why I enjoy it so much, I guess it just resonates with me well.
Jul 13, 2016 10:30 PM

Aug 2011
My favorite anime is my favorite because it gives the feels and i love pacing and the development in it. The great animation and music also plays into it.
& majority of my faves leave a powerful impact on me.
Jul 13, 2016 10:30 PM

Feb 2015
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Because it can be watched and enjoyed by turning off your brains, but it has some pretty cool concepts if you think about its story. I also love its characters, the over-the-topness of the action and the visuals.
Fairy Tail - Gives me everything I want from a long running shounen show. I love the characters, comedy, action, soundtrack, artstyle and doesn't needlessly drag on like the others.
Black★Rock Shooter (TV) - Has the best fighting scenes I've seen in an anime. Amazing art, animation and soundtrack. The concept of the characters' emotions and relationships, as they change, being visualised in some other world were they battle each other is just super cool.
Seto no Hanayome - Best comedy in anime. It doesn't have 'just its moments', or 'funny here and there'. It's hilarious all the way through, from begin to end.
Fullmetal Alchemist - Honestly been too long ago since I watched this. I just remember loving it for its two main characters and the adventure they go on. (Need to rewatch sometime and decide whether or not I still consider it a favourite.)
Jul 13, 2016 10:53 PM

Feb 2016
most of my 10s are comedy. because i'm enjoyed comedy more than other genre
Jul 13, 2016 10:59 PM

May 2015
Monster: best characters as a whole, interesting story, intriguing concept, other anime lost some of their charm as time passed but not Monster.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2016 11:00 PM
Nov 2009
zal said:
Monster: best characters as a whole, interesting story, intriguing concept, other anime lost some of their charm as time passed but not Monster.

Grimmer. our lord and saviour grimmer
I am me, we are we
Jul 13, 2016 11:15 PM
Dec 2015
some of my favorites are:

Hunter x Hunter: I enjoyed the story, and how it varied in themes and plot, deviating from the typical shounen fighting that escalates in magnitude throughout the series. Hunter x Hunter sticks to its story, but leads the main characters in many different and varied situations.

Death Note: Honestly, it was just one of those anime that pulled me in with a really interesting concept, and I liked the episodic beginning, that establishes the scene, slowly incorporating the somewhat depressing plot.

Code Geass: Literally could not stop watching. Every part of the story had me craving more, and the twists were ever so exciting and clever. I think this is the anime I finished the fastest. Also I like alt history.
Jul 13, 2016 11:30 PM

Dec 2014
Kekkai Sensen is my all time favorite anime ever for some reason. I really enjoyed it and I don't know why could be the smooth jazz, the over the top characters, White's adorable green eyes or the references to American movies and comics all I know is I could watch it everyday till I die and I would regret nothing.

tl;dr: I really enjoyed it.
Jul 13, 2016 11:34 PM

Jul 2015

Hunter X Hunter 2011: its history, far from being the most original, but incredibly well written, with an outstanding script, turns amazing script, the pace is incredible (with exception of some episode of CA) in my opinion has 2 the best arcs that one can see in general (CA and YS) with casting characters and development of great characters, a superb OST with a variety in their repertoire that few have, an animation that even improves the move, its dark tone and realistic almost does not use typical cliches, unpredictable, is for me the decontrucion the shonen.

It changed my way of judging the anime or any show, was an unforgettable experience that also influenced my way of being, I wish I could erase my memory, to view it without knowing anything about it.without knowing anything about it.
Jul 13, 2016 11:48 PM

May 2015
Well...we are explaining why, so this shouldn't be a listing thread...

For the 10s I have:

Yama no Susume 2nd Season - Nostalgia Overload.

White Album 2 - I directly relate to one of the characters.

Shoujo Kakumei Utena - Symbolism Overload.

Chihayafuru - Reminds me of Competitive Starcraft.

Turn A Gundam - My favorite among the Gundam anime that I've seen so far with an excellent female lead and great ending.

Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo - I don't even need to answer why. Either you accept it or you don't.
Jul 14, 2016 2:08 AM

Jul 2013
In general (without specifying any series), because I like the characters, the setting, the pacing, the plot, visuals and basically everything about the series.
Jul 14, 2016 2:23 AM

Mar 2014
OMG, because it's the best. Everything that happens is awesome, it has hot girls and swords, Gamagori is 20 feet tall, and Nonon's ass is juicy af. Imaishi's directing is godly, it's the best action, the best characters and character designs, the best art style, and absolutely, objectively 100% the best OST in the best show. There's nonstop fan service but instead of making me roll my eyes and want to rewatch Texhnolyze, I get all hyped up because I actually care about the characters and the shit that happens to them, and so everyone being naked is a positive for once since it's backed up by something. It's got themes and shit. You heard that right, "themes", that fancy word people use to make their favorite cartoons sound like more than that, except this show is more than that because it's my favorite cartoon. It's also better than Gurren Lagann.
Jul 14, 2016 2:27 AM

Jan 2016
Well, those I rated a 10 is based on how I enjoyed a series but to be placed on the top it has to emotionally and conceptually resonate with me and that it doesn't have any flaws when examined through a critical lens. Only one anime fits that criteria perfectly and that is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu(aka the best anime of all time).
Jul 14, 2016 2:47 AM
Feb 2016
Shamurai Shampoo

The simple answer is because I laugh almost non-stop while watching any of these episodes. The dry and black humour of this show can be absolutely hilarious.

The longer answers:
-The themes represent basically my philosophy. The counter-cultural themes, along with the fact that the journey is basically an exercise in futility, the themes about redemption towards the end; they all resonate with me deeply.
-My favourite scene ever in anime is in this series (episode 14) because of how powerfully it is directed by Shinichiro Watanabe.
-The series is very self-referential, and as the journey continues, you start to wonder whether the journey will ever finish at all.
-The characters are all strangers that you come to love by the end of the series. They never want to share their true thoughts and feelings in the series, always falling back into the same old comedy-routine, but you get a real sense of their relationship by the end.
-The presentation is wonderful, with a kick-ass hip-hop soundtrack and art that is genuinely gorgeous. It is experimental in the way that it presents itself with wacky transitions, and tons of style.
-Fuu is cute af.

ehhhh that's about it but my review of it covers it a bit better
Jul 14, 2016 2:57 AM

Apr 2016
Because I had a blast with them, They were extremely entertaining!
Jul 14, 2016 2:45 PM

Mar 2014
I can't say I have one single favourite anime but of the few anime I've rated a 10/10, the reason behind it is usually because it excels in all areas strongly, combinations of good story telling, setting, immersion, cast and general character development all working together for some examples, I could go more into depth about what makes each specific 10 rated anime of mine a favourite but I'll leave it with that general summary.
Jul 14, 2016 3:26 PM

Aug 2013
This is gonna be long, and it'll take a lot of time...

Tokyo Godfathers: usually I dislike happy shows and Deus ex Machinas, in this film however it's really well done, it gave me some really powerful feelings thus the 10

Nana: this anime had the most realistic characyters I've ever seen. I may have liked them, despised them, and maybe both but this anime managed to make me evaluate my life and reawaked a sealed wish within me. Plus, it made me remember a lot the old times when i used to have friend beside me... for the critical hit it made on me i gave it a 10

Clannad and After Story: feels... way too many feels to handle... it as an automatic ten

Shoujo Sect: I started to watch shoujo sect to fap, after 10 minutes i was following the story entranced, Shinobu's situation resembled a lot my first love so it was quite a direct hit. As an hentai that made me cry for it's love story, I gave it a 10

K-On!: As paceful as it can be, this show made me feel like I was living with the characters in their colorful and happy world, I managed to forget all of my problems while watching it. The only negative thought I kept having was that never could life be that happy, for being that great i gave it a 10 (K-on!! included)

There she is!!: It started as an anonymous korean music video on newgrounds, the first three episodes were priceless comedy but with the last two had an incredible amount of feelings. It came this far from nothing and it was made by an amateur, I had to give it a 10

Angel Beats!: my favorite of all times. I watched it when I was lost and didn0t know what to do with my life anymore, I was struck by Iwasawa's story, I too had been escaping from life like her and watching this anime I realised that I wanted to give the same escape route to someone else, that emotion that could keep them safe from everything even if just for a little bit. For showing me my life's path, and make me cry about 5 or 6 times everytime I watch it, this anime will be forever the best one for me

Koe de Oshigoto: this one is simple: a high schooler that works as a voice actor for an eroge and that cum in front of the mic by just imagining what she's saying, plus a character that reminds me a lot of myself. For the huge appeal on my perv side I gave it a 10

HenSemi (TV): an anime that explore fetishes, in wich i'm doing lots of research. Since it focuses on the psicological side of human sexuality it covers one of my main interests and is so far the only one, thus I gave it a 10

Chuunibyou first season: I gave it a 10 just for the last part actally, when

WataMote: I'm an asocial otaku just like Tomoko, and this anime has explained so well the bottomless pit i could fall in that i felt phisical pain watching it due to being way to uncomfortable, I had to pause the episodes a lot of time. For giving me nightmares about how low I can fall, I gave it a 10

Genei wo kakeru taiyou: I really liked the Daemonias, even though the latin names pronunciation made me cringe
For making me think so deeply and made me extremely depressed, I gave this anime a 10

Has anyone reached this point and read everything? I'm amazed if even one did!
Anyway, this was the explanation of every ten in my anime list as of today, I hope you appreciate it because it took me quite a bit of time writing all of this
Jul 14, 2016 3:47 PM

Jun 2015
What a stupid thread, my favourite anime are my favourite anime because I like them more than the other anime I've watched, or to put it simpler;

I like great anime, and LotGH is the greatest anime there is.
I like psychological thrillers, and Monster is the greatest psychological-thriller anime there is.
I like sports anime, and Hajime no Ippo is the greatest sports anime there is.
I like comedy, and Gintama is the greatest comedy anime there is.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Jul 14, 2016 3:50 PM

Jul 2016
Troll_Tactics said:
If you rated it a 10, surely you had a reason. So what was it?

Because Tenkuu No Shiro Laputa was a childhood movie that I forgot until a few days ago...I watched it with my dad :D
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Jul 14, 2016 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
My favorites are simply the shows I've enjoyed the most. It doesn't necessarily mean they are all masterpieces or even the best within their own genres.

There are anime out there that are clear 10/10s in terms of story, characters, art and sound, and yet are not in my list. Think of it this way: these are the ten shows I would take with me to a desert island.
Jul 14, 2016 4:16 PM

Jun 2016
I haven't rated any of my favourite anime a 10 cuz I am objective enough to consider their flaws the funny thing is that the only anime I rated 10 isn't among my favourite.
Jul 14, 2016 7:34 PM

Mar 2016
Because every day when I get up I want to watch it again.
Jul 14, 2016 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
It took a great concept from a manga, with a brilliant story to tell, and made it better in every possible way. It showed the realistic and tragic view of hate, love, regret, and growth. Combine that will brilliant visuals and music, and you have yourself a masterpiece.
Jul 19, 2016 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
My old favorite used to be Zankyou no Terror because it made me cry a lot and feel for the characters in only 11 episodes worth of time. Takes a lot for that to happen!

My new favorite is Osomatsu-san because I just love the characters and it's a really funny anime imo. And I love the soundtrack and the voice actors and just... why not? But a 10/10 is too generous. 9/10 at most, haha.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jul 19, 2016 11:45 AM
Jun 2016
My Little Monster is both my top favorite anime and manga. A friend mentioned it to me and one day I decided to give it a try and ended up loving it even though it's not really something I would have chose to watch.

Doubt is also another one. I found it by chance on here, and decided it was short so why not? Has a good mystery to it.

Kagerou Daze is another one, though I've only read the manga for it because I think the anime just seems odd. Good characters and an interesting story.

Black Butler is another one of my favorites due to the fact that I've watched all of the anime there is for it so far. Well, except for Book of Murder. Really love the English voice actors and the overall storyline. Just haven't gotten around to reading the manga yet.
MaloraineJul 19, 2016 11:49 AM
Jul 19, 2016 11:52 AM

Nov 2015
Because I could watch them again and again and again and never not enjoy them.

They don't necessarily have to be a 10, either. eg: School Rumble, a show that I could watch time and time again and never get tired of the characters and jokes, even though I rated it 8/10.
Jul 19, 2016 11:53 AM

Jun 2016
Because i enjoyed every single second of it.
Jul 19, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2016
Air and Lucky Star because they were the first things I ever watched and I still love them.
Nichijou because it made me laugh
When Marnie was there because it's the best Studio Ghibli movie in my opinion.
Naruto Shippuden because ( Gaara) I'm waiting for it to end.
Rainbow is amazing for the sole fact that all the chapters are in alphabetical order.

Jul 19, 2016 12:01 PM

Apr 2015
Mine is probably nge. And it's my favourite because I just relate to the characters so well, especially Shinji (I'm really shy, afraid of intimacy, have an abusive dad etc.) and it's changed the way I think about a lot of things a lot in general. And then there's also the art and music, which are both fantastic in every way in my opinion.
Jul 19, 2016 12:05 PM
May 2016
Code Geass because it has a great story, good characters and character development and i cry every time i watch the ending. Also because lelouch is my first anime crush and code geass was the third anime that i watched. Code Geass made a huge impact on me back then and thats why it has a special place in my heart.

Other good anime i could rate a 10/10 is steins;gate, also very unique and just great. But its not my favorite cuz a favorite anime is not necessarily an anime with great story, its those which i could really enjoy and could watch over and over again that are my favorite. But definitely in my top 10 list.
Jul 19, 2016 12:12 PM

Nov 2014
Mushishi is my favorite anime because it's a well-produced, meticulously crafted, allegorical, fantasy-adventure. It takes many things that I like, and brings them together into a beautiful presentation. Moreover, as a Buddhist, I can relate to it on a "spiritual" level through the parallels that it draws between experience and pratītyasamutpāda.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Dumb narcissistic perverts is supposed to be funny?

Ri-KoRin - Yesterday

36 by Timeline_man »»
3 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that. ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Apr 27

88 by APolygons2 »»
7 minutes ago

» Are European anime settings easier to get into!!!

Afriendlypaw - May 20

26 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
14 minutes ago

» help

arhttr - Yesterday

32 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
19 minutes ago

» Anyone ?

lightning_angad7 - May 20

6 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.