Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Out of all the Walkure members, seems like Kaname cares about Messer the most.

Funny rumors about relationships. I find it funny at how the girls speculate about Mirage and Hayate. Pretty sure Freyja also got curious about Hayate and Mirage's relationship. I liked the episode as it brings Messer's character to the highlight wit his struggles. Kinda surprised that the Aerial Knights returned so fast but I think they had a special mission this time.

The rivalry between Messer/Keith and Hayate/Bogue heated up again :D
Really liked the song usage this episode (same or similar one as episode 3). Messer impressed me this episode too with his abilities, same with Kaname.
Stark700May 29, 2016 10:40 AM
May 29, 2016 10:21 AM
May 2016
Actully i think they use the Bokura no Senjou again with another version:
Episode 3: Freyja ver
Episode 4: Freyja and Mikumo.
Episode 9: Freyja ,Mikumo and Kaname
May 29, 2016 11:00 AM

Sep 2015
This episode clearly sees that the love triangle heating up!
May 29, 2016 12:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It seems that we have 2 triangles. I hope we get to see more of the Kaname/Messer/Arad dynamic.

Freyja getting the wrong idea (at least for the time being). Let's see if this kickstarts something in her relationship with Hayate.

We need someone to get shot down soon on either side.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 29, 2016 1:03 PM

May 2013
nice episode.
loved the Kaname's song saving Messer and following up with rumor Hayate and Mirage relationship.
Maybe next episode is Kaname solo performance cause the title is axia bla2.
megmicaMay 29, 2016 5:51 PM
May 30, 2016 8:28 AM

Oct 2010
I'm losing hope of ever seeing one of the girls ride a plane again. That was the best.

My therapy: Hisako from Killer Instinct riding an SR-71 kit I did 12 years ago

May 30, 2016 11:14 PM

Sep 2011
Shipping Freyja and Hayate. That misunderstanding though.
May 31, 2016 12:12 AM

May 2015
The show's going to be full of love triangle's LOL, I do think freja is going to end up like ranka :))
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2016 1:30 AM

Dec 2014
more focus on messer this time...... I am kinda impressed about kanami's past did not think of her as the leader
May 31, 2016 1:57 AM
Jan 2010
ibraheem234 said:
more focus on messer this time...... I am kinda impressed about kanami's past did not think of her as the leader

I've always found Kaname the most interesting one of the bunch. Even early on she seemed to be involved in many areas and liaises with the military side of things. This episode really delivers on her past and Messer's past. It's little moments like these that give the plot some depth. At this point she is even more interesting than Mikumo, and I think it's going to stay that way until we know more about the others.
SaberfishMay 31, 2016 2:01 AM
May 31, 2016 2:30 AM

Nov 2012
lots of messer in this episode.. i ship him with kanade~
May 31, 2016 3:27 AM
Jan 2012
Alfheim??? As in SAO's Alfheim Online? Is it just me or that's like the same as in name wise.? Obviously location wise is not possible since different worlds entirely, but the names? o.O?
May 31, 2016 4:01 AM

Jan 2010
Messer and Kaname became the most interesting characters in the show, let's see what Arad has to say about that..

May 31, 2016 7:51 AM
Jul 2013
brianleowjj said:
Alfheim??? As in SAO's Alfheim Online? Is it just me or that's like the same as in name wise.? Obviously location wise is not possible since different worlds entirely, but the names? o.O?

SAO wasn't the first series to use "Alfheim". Alfheim actually comes from the norse mythology.
May 31, 2016 9:12 AM

Dec 2013
Holy shit, those veins popping out of Messer's face was scary as fuck...

Once again they're taking little character backgrounds and filling up the entire episode with it. Not that it's not enjoyable, but... when the heck are we going to get to the crux of the storyline? So the Arial Knights came to their planet to inspect the ruins here... and? The plot is flowing at a snail's pace right now... and who the heck is lady M?

And whats with all this Arad talk? It's so obvious that Messer's gonna get with Keith. If past Macross series are anything to go by, secondary characters always end up fraternizing with the enemy, heck that's how Mirage came into existence! XD
L-RyoshiMay 31, 2016 9:16 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 31, 2016 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
I am getting tired with Windermerean attack-retreat tactic
i hope we can see their threat at future episode
May 31, 2016 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
This was a truly amazing episode!
May 31, 2016 12:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Watched a second time with subs (GG's japanese must be better than mine :-). Kinda feeling a bit sorry for Mirage. She's not a great pilot like people in her family and she doesn't have fold receptors. She's kind of suffering a bit on the awesome scale. Then again she's a real hottie who's mellowed down since the last episodes, so maybe she gets her man at the end.

Big reveals yet to come:

Why haven't we seen the Valks in their Battroid mode? (Kawamori have some surprises?)

Who is Mikumo and where does she come from? (Protoculture descendant? Cyborg? Protodeviln?)

Who the heck is Lady M? (Myung, Mylene, Mao?)
FarabeufMay 31, 2016 12:42 PM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 31, 2016 12:53 PM

Apr 2010
Shasos said:
brianleowjj said:

SAO wasn't the first series to use "Alfheim". Alfheim actually comes from the norse mythology.

SAO should sue norse mythology for ripping them off.

Farabeuf said:

May 31, 2016 1:00 PM

Mar 2016
When the side characters take the spotlight from the main, that means the mains are kinda bland. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. XD
May 31, 2016 1:31 PM

Jan 2009
welp Messer is not fully cured yet, i think because he is naturally serious and aggressive that he is really prone to the Var Syndrome which makes victims more aggressive
May 31, 2016 10:03 PM
Jul 2014
Farabeuf said:

Lady M = Mikumo. (Source: episode 1)
CMIIW
May 31, 2016 11:00 PM
May 2016
isamaa said:
Farabeuf said:

CMIIW

That's not substantial evidence to support that claim and it's just pure speculation. Arad, Kaname, and Ernest have talked about Lady M in the third person in front of Mikumo and they're the only ones who are directly in contact with her.
Jun 1, 2016 12:06 AM

Oct 2008
Yeah right, Messer was saved...
so Kaname was a pioneer and lead vocals before Mikumo eccentric bitch arrived.
LOL at Freyja, getting so worked-up on the "Lovers" rumors hahah!
4/5.

Jun 1, 2016 1:28 AM
Jan 2013
Mikumo : As long as you're listening my song, you'll be safe!
i was like : Wtf? is she a diety or something?

Mikumo : Trying to steal my stage? they've sure got the guts.
i was like : smh girl, who are you? an idol dictator or something?

anybody noticed that the enemy just apear and leave for the sake of "action contain" in every episode? they can invade and retreat whenever they want. meanwhile, in the MC's side....

and how the hell walkure has a shield of invicibility that capable of deflecting any kind of projectile?

Drop motherfucker, it harms my brain!
Jun 1, 2016 4:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
[quote=antonn message=46269432][quote=Shasos message=46265936]
brianleowjj said:

Farabeuf said:

You seem to have the right idea there !

bumbayker said:
isamaa said:

CMIIW

That's not substantial evidence to support that claim and it's just pure speculation. Arad, Kaname, and Ernest have talked about Lady M in the third person in front of Mikumo and they're the only ones who are directly in contact with her.

My thoughts too. And IMO they've been too mysterious about it for it to be a brand new Macross character.

Jun 1, 2016 11:12 AM

Jun 2008
Farabeuf said:
Why haven't we seen the Valks in their Battroid mode? (Kawamori have some surprises?)

Uhhh, They've already did these plenty of times, it's even in the website.
http://macross.jp/delta/mechanic/index01.php

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 1, 2016 11:33 AM

Aug 2014
Most of my money's on Macross 7's Mylene for the mysterious M.
Sieg Zeon!
Jun 1, 2016 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
I want a Mikumo focused episode, she seems to be the most interesting character to me just wish she was a Main Heroine too, would take her over frejya any-day.
Jun 1, 2016 3:46 PM
Feb 2015
Ahhhhhh so many couples to ship in the anime. I'm so loving it ♥

Freyja x Hayate / Freyja x Bogue / Freyja x Mikumo/ Freyja x Roid
Messer x Kaname / Messer x Keith
Reina x Makina
Kaname x Arad

Gotta say the best part of the episode was when Hayate told Mirage we have Freyja who will save us. Take that Mirage he's starting to have feelings for her ♥
Jun 1, 2016 4:39 PM
May 2016
This episode reveal about how messer treasure kaname so much love it~
And what about the misunderstanding lol finally you realize about your feeling freyja, i ship freyja x hayate because afterall she must get a happy ending since she just have 30 years of live :'), please be true ><
Jun 1, 2016 9:21 PM
Jan 2008
Hayate, as easygoing as he is, looks more concerned and focused lately. Mirage has really developed some trust in him and softened quite a bit, but she seems somewhat frustrated and insecure. Both of them aren’t ace pilots as Messer but for what I’m seeing they can produce great teamwork. And Freyja with her funny reactions, showing the first sparks of the love triangle, which by the way seems not the only one.
Jun 2, 2016 11:39 PM

May 2014
Loved the majority of action this episode. Freyja's really adorable
Anyone knows how many episodes this show would get?
Jun 5, 2016 1:45 PM
Jun 2015
Oooooo Love triangle hopefully this version will be different from the others more jealousy plz! 😉
Jun 8, 2016 2:24 PM

Nov 2015
Seems like a love triangle is starting, and things are getting more interesting

Jun 12, 2016 5:17 AM
Mar 2012
Argghhs!!! & GoriGori!!! all them funny screams. Fun to see the two in crisis have the first real talk.
Messer & Kaname nice backstory, need more. She got a nice calming voice, waiting for a full version, quite suiting as she's been like the behind the scenes manager.
I like the Kaname x Messer x White Knight triangle.
Added Hayate x Bogue for a quad.
Jun 29, 2016 12:19 PM

Feb 2015
enjoyable episode overall imo. i really like the intense fight.
the song was pretty nice to heard. and nothing much happen other than the ships which i was seeing in this episode xD looking foward to see what will happen to the ships.....will it sail....or not.....let's see..... xD
Aug 17, 2016 6:12 PM

May 2015
I can still grasp the Windemerean life span thing... Even if Freyja says she is living the present without worrying about the future I’m can’t stop to think of her future self.

It is just me or the bromance within White Knight & Grim Reaper is for real.. ^_^
Oct 16, 2016 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
I'm done waiting for Doki-Chihiro, never gonna happen. I hope gg didn't troll-sub this anime too much...

Kaname is the best girl in the show anyway. Ship it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » About this show's reputation and the endless "Frontier vs Delta" debate

ShadowMonkey - Aug 19, 2020

11 by Lucifrost »»
May 19, 6:14 PM

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.