Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 9, 2016 4:25 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Freeza really likes to use his tail...

This felt like a grudge fight, both Goku and Vegeta trying to get hits in including Freeza with a point blank energy attack. Freeza's power up has that Super Saiyan-like feel with the golden aura~

Sigh, poor Goku. Seriously though, about time Vegeta intervened.
Jan 9, 2016 5:39 PM

Oct 2012
Nice Naoki Tate cut this episode.
Jan 9, 2016 7:47 PM

May 2015
New ED!
Only one more EP. Time for all-new content!
Jan 9, 2016 8:44 PM

Jul 2015
Goku is so naive lol. Finally Vegeta steps in. Wonder what Freeza whispered to that dude. I forget if he also said something to him in the film.
Jan 10, 2016 1:54 AM

Apr 2014
That new ed tho & no blood from getting shot.... yeah ok
Jan 10, 2016 3:40 AM

Mar 2013
another shitty episode, dbgt is superior to this c... so far
Jan 10, 2016 5:32 AM
Oct 2012
Forget One Punch Man, Dragon Ball Super is the greatest comedy of all time.
Jan 10, 2016 6:58 AM

Jan 2012
26. Amidst the Crisis, a Shot at Victory Appears! Son Goku's Counterattack Begins!
Original Airdate: January 10, 2016

Frieza is dominant in his golden form. Gohan and Krillin want to help, but Beerus points out Goku hasn't lost yet. If he'd only fight together with Vegeta they'd win for sure, though Whis claims that won't happen. Goku commends Frieza for his power increase and suggests he retreat while he's ahead. He claims to have found his weakness. Frieza ignores this advice and continues beating on Goku. Suddenly however his attacks stop having effect. Goku takes control. He explains Frieza was too hasty. He rushed to earth without mastering his new form. He would have won had he waited. Goku claims victory, powering down and inviting Frieza to challenge him again someday...only to be shot in the back by Sorbet. He and Frieza had planned this just in case. Frieza tortures the wounded Goku, mocking his weakness: to put his guard down too easily. About to kill Goku, Vegeta steps in to stop Frieza at last.

So first: pretty nice new ending! :D Liked the cherry blossom motif. :) That aside pretty ok retelling...once again...we're almost done people! :D Next week should be the last episode before the Champa Arc finally begins. :D There were a few differences like Goku powering down before getting shot, and forehead punching Frieza, but not too much to comment on really. I still like Whis' words coming back to haunt Goku here though.

Rating: 7/7

This Week in Buu: Does not appear.

Did You Notice?: Goku bites Frieza's tail, as he did on Namek. :D

Next: End of Earth...again?
Jan 10, 2016 7:48 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Goku will always be Goku. Having his guard down has always been his weakness, that and how he sometimes tends to bite when he's in tough situations like vs Freeza and Majin Buu.

Gohan and Krillin wanting to join the fight xD
He(Gohan) just wants to be humiliated again. Like seriously what can Gohan do to stop Freeza xD

About time Vegeta gets his rematch. "Your little bit is unreliable". Well said Vegeta.

Jan 10, 2016 8:56 AM
Feb 2015
It's really getting boring to see Goku fight. I hope Vegeta will get more screen-time in the following episodes.

Also it would be good if Frieza wins this fight but then leaves, because Beerus/Whis doesn't allow him to destroy earth (because of the food of course) and all 3 of them keep training for the next encounter.
Or they could make Goku die (and don't use the Dragon Balls for some reason), so Vegeta gets to train with Whis alone and is the only hope against Frieza, if he returns.
Jan 10, 2016 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
Goku's not doing too wel. Guess it's Vegeta's turn huh.
Jan 10, 2016 9:37 AM

Feb 2015
At least the art and animation quality seemed more consistent than in the previous episode, and I'm glad they made the ray gun scene a little better than it was in the movie. It was still mediocre, but better than the previous few episodes.
Jan 10, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
It would be awesome to see Vegeta kill frieza with the galik gun or final flash but judging from next episode's title that won't happen
Jan 10, 2016 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Goku is not doing very well on the fight. It is Vegeta's turn to fight Frieza!
Jan 10, 2016 12:45 PM

Nov 2014
How does it go from this
to this?!?
Jan 10, 2016 1:29 PM
Mar 2008
terminador_2397 said:
It would be awesome to see Vegeta kill frieza with the galik gun or final flash but judging from next episode's title that won't happen

The producers probably just forgot that he can use final flash. And based on the shit they are producing with DBS until now, it wouldnt surprise me if they ignore certain things that we saw in DBZ,
Jan 10, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2014
Well, the fight continue and Goku is still naive as ever.
Lose by the use of a ray gun...haha
Anyway, it's Vegeta turns to fight and he is no Goku.
Jan 10, 2016 3:30 PM

Aug 2013
This is embarrassing.

Jan 10, 2016 4:50 PM

Mar 2014
idc what others say, I really liked the intense fight and the animation in the first half of the episode.

Dragon Ball Super is being treated like the Bleach manga on MangaStream comments. People are only watching DBS to pause any moment and criticize the animation. We all know that Toei doesn't give a shit and is the master of slow paced anime. No need to show it off every week. Just drop it.
I personally am enjoying this week after week a bit more, its always cool to see "new" content on a weekly basis and a great manga adaptation every once a month.
Jan 10, 2016 5:00 PM

Aug 2013
-Anokata said:
idc what others say, I really liked the intense fight and the animation in the first half of the episode.

Dragon Ball Super is being treated like the Bleach manga on MangaStream comments. People are only watching DBS to pause any moment and criticize the animation. We all know that Toei doesn't give a shit and is the master of slow paced anime. No need to show it off every week. Just drop it.
I personally am enjoying this week after week a bit more, its always cool to see "new" content on a weekly basis and a great manga adaptation every once a month.

We buy their merchandise, we buy their DVDS, their figures, their whatever. We've been doing this for decades, we have every right to complain as much as we want.
Jan 10, 2016 6:10 PM

Jul 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:
terminador_2397 said:

The producers probably just forgot that he can use final flash. And based on the shit they are producing with DBS until now, it wouldnt surprise me if they ignore certain things that we saw in DBZ,

Ikr it sucks well I'm looking forward to the universe 6 arc
Jan 10, 2016 7:18 PM

Dec 2010
At least ONE thing was done better. The ring beam scene was miles better here, except the movie one had more impact, but shitted all over Goku's power. I was hoping to see him getting shot from behind, but not in base form, that was kinda awesome.

@Episode 3/10
Jan 10, 2016 8:29 PM

Oct 2015
Goku being Goku, letting down is guard and getting the shit beat out of him. This makes me happy, it was so Goku! So was that moment he bit Freeza, I loved that as well. Feels weird with the flashbacks not being the same 'quality' as the other stuff. Throws me off, wish they would have redone it for flashbacks but whatever.

I'm not going to nitpick on the way some of the scenes looked for Super, I'm over that at this point. Clearly it's going to be happening throughout, no one is going to be happy about it, I feel like it's time to move on past that point.

So I'm super happy about the interactions, specifically between Goku and Vegeta, that little 'Tag in' argument was the best thing so far. Made me smile, my cheeks hurt! And Beerus and Whis talking was pretty funny too, especially when Whis said Beerus was just like Goku and Vegeta pride wise.

Jan 10, 2016 8:51 PM
Nov 2009
Kalley said:
This is embarrassing.

lmfao Goku and Freeza have a stunt double
Jan 10, 2016 8:54 PM

Oct 2015
nameskizo said:
Kalley said:
This is embarrassing.

lmfao Goku and Freeza have a stunt double

This comment just made me die of laughter weirdly enough, thank you so much xD

Jan 10, 2016 9:42 PM

Jan 2009
lol pathetic drawings as always
Jan 11, 2016 4:53 AM

Mar 2011
Every time I think the fighting is starting to get a bit bitter, they start spamming Ki blasts or something.

Should just rename this Dragonball Budakai the animation. Kick, punch, spam ki blast.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jan 11, 2016 6:31 AM

Feb 2015
For a moment I thought that the show looked decent.
Jan 11, 2016 6:54 AM

Dec 2014
ok finally wanna see something besides the movie I hope next episode is the last one of the whole frieza melodrama
Jan 11, 2016 7:07 AM

Jun 2014
I'd say the animation and quality in this episode was 90% good.

Vegeta next week, finally. Now THAT looks good~
Jan 11, 2016 9:08 AM

Dec 2014
Wonder how many times Frieza talked about Revenge in this entire saga xD.

It was an ok fight I guess, No where near the DBZ standards.

Vegeta finally gets some action next episode, Cool.
Jan 11, 2016 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
It should be called Dragon Ball Super Picture Drama
Jan 11, 2016 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
How pathetic, Goku, the guy who can possibly destroy a universe with 3 punches. The same guy who can destroy planets without much effort, The guy who is said to be as fast as the speed of light.....is brought to near death by a fodder character with a ray gun. Very sad indeed. I already seen the movie. akira is destroying his own series plus with the help of toi's bad animation .

dbs fight has potential to be epic and godly, but akira and toi waste that potential with their lack of imagination and animation. such pathetic energy ball blast. DBZ energy blast were much better then this. It should be something as epic as making a Kamehameha as big as our sun. Every punch he makes should cause Earthquakes and tsunamis. He should be creating spirit bombs the size of our milky way. Something as epic as this. akira waste the potential for dbs by making his punches seem like a Naruto fight. His punches don't seem to have any impressive impact. The battle relies on power and not strategy and it doesn't even do a good job on the power side. frieza being revived just to be defeated again is stupid. Don't get me started on the designs.
MyDogHadKittensJan 11, 2016 12:17 PM
Jan 11, 2016 12:29 PM
May 2012
At the end when Goku powered up it looked like he was ssj2. With god powers of course.
So when a new arc starts with a more powerful enemy I expect him to turn into ssj3 god.
Jan 11, 2016 1:05 PM

Aug 2014
Kalley said:
This is embarrassing.

They had 2 faking weeks for make good episode, even 2 weeks is not enough for toei animation.
They are not even close to the animation from 20 years ago... I have no idea how "professional draftsman" can draw shit like this, this can happen only in toei animation, they screw every anime...
Jan 11, 2016 4:16 PM
Jun 2014
Does anyone know how this shit show is faring with the public in Japan?
NerguiMaedaJan 11, 2016 4:21 PM
Jan 11, 2016 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
How do they determine when to start using a new ED? I mean, this arc isn't even over and they've switched songs already. It's kinda jarring...
Jan 12, 2016 2:27 AM

Jun 2015
finally this arc will be over in next week, i just want to see something, not these movie arcs.
Jan 12, 2016 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
hawk222 said:
How do they determine when to start using a new ED? I mean, this arc isn't even over and they've switched songs already. It's kinda jarring...

I was wondering the same. Maybe change of seasons or maybe dividing the year into quarters? idk
Jan 12, 2016 10:20 PM

Oct 2011
Vegeta should have fought frieza instead.
Jan 13, 2016 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
DarkandDark said:
How does it go from this

to this?!?

You know the bottom picture looks like one of Joey Wheeler's(Yugioh) typical troll faces lol

Jan 13, 2016 7:02 AM

Mar 2014
Haven't been on this board for a while, but do people still think this is better than RoF?
Jan 13, 2016 12:45 PM

Feb 2015
storywise maybe but everyone would still rather watch RoF than this garbage.
Jan 14, 2016 9:33 AM

Jul 2010
It's actually decent when you watch it at twice the normal playing speed. :D
Jan 15, 2016 12:23 AM

Mar 2014
Beatrice-KF said:
It's actually decent when you watch it at twice the normal playing speed. :D
Been doing that since BoG, haha.
Jan 15, 2016 11:14 AM

Aug 2014
So...best boi Vegeta is finally getting his time to shine!
Jan 15, 2016 9:15 PM

Apr 2014
NerguiMaeda said:
Does anyone know how this shit show is faring with the public in Japan?
It's been doing really well.

Jan 15, 2016 9:17 PM

Apr 2014
MyDogHadKittens said:
How pathetic, Goku, the guy who can possibly destroy a universe with 3 punches. The same guy who can destroy planets without much effort, The guy who is said to be as fast as the speed of light.....is brought to near death by a fodder character with a ray gun. Very sad indeed. I already seen the movie. akira is destroying his own series plus with the help of toi's bad animation .

dbs fight has potential to be epic and godly, but akira and toi waste that potential with their lack of imagination and animation. such pathetic energy ball blast. DBZ energy blast were much better then this. It should be something as epic as making a Kamehameha as big as our sun. Every punch he makes should cause Earthquakes and tsunamis. He should be creating spirit bombs the size of our milky way. Something as epic as this. akira waste the potential for dbs by making his punches seem like a Naruto fight. His punches don't seem to have any impressive impact. The battle relies on power and not strategy and it doesn't even do a good job on the power side. frieza being revived just to be defeated again is stupid. Don't get me started on the designs.

1. Letting your guard down has always been the kiss of death in DB.
2. Your comments about the fights are nitpicky at best.

Jan 16, 2016 4:17 AM

Aug 2014
Light-Yagami-God said:
finally this arc will be over in next week, i just want to see something, not these movie arcs.

I get the feeling the next arc will be disappointing.

Like some of the previous episodes, it was odd to see them flashback to DBZ and you can see it's better animation in those episodes.

To be honest, there's some decent animation in some of the episodes, but most of the bad animation outweighs the good.

I saw some of the episode 5 TV and Blu-ray comparisons and it seems like they fixed it a bit in terms of faces and awkward movements, but DBZ was still much better.

Anyway, I think this might have been the first time Vegeta was decently animated in Dragon Ball Super.
Jan 16, 2016 3:00 PM

Oct 2013
Well at least we finally get to see Vegeta fighting in the next episode.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 107 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

62 by ChiisuNoYo »»
May 29, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

97 by RedFox_3 »»
May 29, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

66 by TheColonel76 »»
May 23, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

92 by TheColonel76 »»
May 20, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.