Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 3, 2014 6:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat feels ;.;

RIP Mitty, Fausto, Wolf, etc. Looks like the romance part progressed a bit between Karl and Claire. I spotted a kiss. Wow. That felt a little fast but sucks he found out the truth of Claire's identity.. Ah, that escalated quickly this episode. There's also a skirmish between Ignacio and Karl. I find it kinda interesting.
Stark700Mar 3, 2014 7:17 AM
Mar 3, 2014 7:39 AM

Aug 2013
1 minute: "I love you."
Next minute: "I'm Nina Viento".

Damn this chick is not hot. Some things are just better left unsaid...
Mar 3, 2014 7:42 AM

Oct 2010
How did Ari know that Nina was really Claire? Did I miss something in a flashback where it was shown that she was privy to this?

In any case, I still don't like Claire and her "woe is me" attitude, I wish she'd snap out of it herself but I'm assuming it's gonna take an endless amount of desperate convincing from Kal before that happens, which will be annoying.
Mar 3, 2014 7:45 AM

May 2013
That beginning scene was sad. Gotta feel bad for Chiharu, thinking that it was her fault for Mitsuo getting killed. Kal-el finally finds out who Claire really is. Seems like Ignacio wants to do something about him and Claire.
Mar 3, 2014 7:52 AM
May 2011
babymilo91 said:
That beginning scene was sad. Gotta feel bad for Chiharu, thinking that it was her fault for Mitsuo getting killed. Kal-el finally finds out who Claire really is. Seems like Ignacio wants to do something about him and Claire.

I don't care what he wants to do but Kal can not and must not forgive that bitch. There is too much blood between them. And the best thing Nina can do is die for something. I hope we'll see it.
Mar 3, 2014 7:59 AM

Dec 2012
Ari is just awesome,she understands Kalel and everything so well. Poor Kalel.

So,nobody is gonna question about Claire's breasts size increasing when she becomes Nina?
Mar 3, 2014 8:03 AM

Jan 2009
:38 Coffin skydiving… only in this series.

3:10 spanish language ftw

9:51 dat kiss was so dam cheezy I barfed.

21:15 igna owning kal

-----------------------
1. Flashbacks reminded me how good this series is. fat kid mitty should've been taken out of the show & shot behind a barn.

2. Hoping for a School Days ending w/ claire x kal.

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 3, 2014 8:41 AM

Nov 2013
After a great episode, the first half of the episode transcribed quite nicely the sadness and others feelings towards the heroes fallen in combat.
The second half wasn't as interesting, and ends in a weird manner.
Mar 3, 2014 9:02 AM

Aug 2010
Ari has gotten so awesome these latest eps. Definitely my fav character of the show now. She's such a good sister and person :D

Awesome how she so easily noticed Nina's true identity immediately too. What a true friend. No disguise can get u mixed up there.

I was like OH SHIT when Kal kissed Claire knowing that her identity will be discovered any second now. Cute kiss, hug and confession but intense moment.

Seems like Claire will try to discard her happiness now.

And ofc unfortunately Kal went emo -.- Glad it's not for long seeing what Ignacio is about to do :D

Ignacio seems to be thinking otherwise for Claire and seems to want her to remain friends with the others. Loved him this ep the way he told Ari to push him and how he barged in and punched Kal was awesome! From the pv it seems he'll be giving him quite the beating nxt XD At least he doesn't seem emo anymore.

I wonder if he'll get over his hatred for Nina??

Also nice to see that their seriously thinking of making an alliance with Levamme.
I hope we see Fana soon ^^
Mar 3, 2014 9:06 AM

Jul 2010
I can't say it's about the time for a kiss because after 30 seconds, he predicted that she was Nina Viento.
Drama is growing and my feels for this show is getting worse.
It reminds me Senjou no Valkyria due to all these war things and relations.
Mar 3, 2014 9:07 AM

Aug 2010
kawaii-despair said:

So,nobody is gonna question about Claire's breasts size increasing when she becomes Nina?

Lol XD I noticed too ^^;
Mar 3, 2014 9:17 AM

Jul 2010
Barion-Zara said:
kawaii-despair said:

Lol XD I noticed too ^^;

Me too :D
Mar 3, 2014 9:29 AM

Dec 2013
myd10oz said:
Barion-Zara said:
kawaii-despair said:

Lol XD I noticed too ^^;

Me three ;P

Looks like Ignacio is fed up with the angst-y drama and is actually gonna do SOMETHING instead of being a mysterious observer. FINALLY
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Mar 3, 2014 9:37 AM

Dec 2013
Well now everyone knows who everybody is and there is an everlasting sadness throughout this entire episode. I mean seriously, if your not going to eat the ramen. THEN GIVE IT TO ME!
Mar 3, 2014 10:03 AM

May 2013
R.I.P to all those brave pilots :c
Mar 3, 2014 10:36 AM

Sep 2013
another lovely episode , clair was a great , kalel was a a good
i liked the sad opening of the episode

3 episode to finish. what will be hidden on the next 3 episodes
Mar 3, 2014 10:42 AM
Jul 2013
I really hate the anticlimactic ending transitions that the recent episodes have. It's too abrupt that you'd think your video was cut in the middle. =_=
Mar 3, 2014 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
billybob300c said:
:38 Coffin skydiving… only in this series.

3:10 spanish language ftw

9:51 dat kiss was so dam cheezy I barfed.

21:15 igna owning kal

-----------------------
1. Flashbacks reminded me how good this series is. fat kid mitty should've been taken out of the show & shot behind a barn.

2. Hoping for a School Days ending w/ claire x kal.

6/10

Dude seriously, who the hell likes school days endings? Every comment you post "school days ending"

No, just NO! Not in Golden time and hopefully not in this either. He'll probably forgive her and then she dies or he he'll forgive her and they get together, but he will forgive her.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 3, 2014 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
Wow okay then they really did die and not return.. way to kill of the non-important characters.

R.I.P Brave Pilots from the last ep.
Mar 3, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2012
wtf how does Ari figure out Claire was Nina so quickly LOL, but everyone else is completely oblivious. The kissing scene was awkward because it was an immediate confession of I am NINA VIENTO lol. Then Ignacio is like YOLO i'm coming in your room and knocking you out. I usually don't say it much but everything felt so forced this episode :.

whelp at least they kissed yay
zzzeallyMar 3, 2014 11:49 AM

Mar 3, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2011
What will happen from now on??? T___T
Mar 3, 2014 12:14 PM

Apr 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
What will happen from now on??? T___T

conflict resolution or tragedy :3

Mar 3, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2012
I really want to know how their interaction with the Levamme empire is going to play out. Charles x Fana !!!

Mar 3, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
Zeally said:
Then Ignacio is like YOLO i'm coming in your room and knocking you out. I usually don't say it much but everything felt so forced this episode :.
whelp at least they kissed yay

LOL yolo.
Ari, she found out so easily..
Ignacio seems to want to do something about this..
Mar 3, 2014 12:35 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Must be tough being Nina Viento. I feel bad for Claire..

R.I.P to the Wolfman, Mitsuo and the others.. Seems like Marco survived.

So, they plan to join with Levamme Empire and take down the Sky Clan? Lets see.

That kiss was so sudden and he confessed right after.. Too bad Claire's identity has been revealed.

Ari was impressive; figuring out Nina's true identity in a glance! Loved when she tried to reach her and Ignacio got in the way and said, "Push me, quickly." XD

Ari is such a good sister. :) Ignacio was awesome; giving a good beating to Kal! He and Ari are my favorite characters in this series!

Next episode: "Skies of Courage"

Mar 3, 2014 12:35 PM
Jan 2013
I really don't see why Ignacio is so hard on Kal El. They're not friends and Kal-El has good reason to hate Nina Viento (who used her powers to kill off his parents) and Claire (who, despite having a hint of Kal El's true identity did nothing to resolve it till he had fallen completely in love with her).

Moreover, I get the revolution and everything, but Kal El's parents don't seem like a particularly bad bunch of people to me. Just looks like a rebellion because things are not going the way people would like it to and had a convenient wind goddess to rally around.

Ari is best girl though. And her father's the best man.
Mar 3, 2014 12:42 PM
Nov 2013
I’ve come to the conclusion in my time watching anime that it’s practically impossible to fail at making a funeral scene emotional. It was perfected in Fullmetal Alchemist, and it still has the same impact in newer series, and The Pilot’s Love Song is no different. Granted I did think the sendoff method was kinda silly since they just sort of dumped them off a floating island, but I got wrapped up in its symbolism fairly quickly.

I think it’s the aftermath of the funeral though that really makes this one in particular hit hard, almost as much as FMA. The characters that were still alive didn’t recover quickly as we’ve seen in lesser stories. The memories, friendships, and even loves that they’ve lost still weigh very heavily on them, and showing this to its fullest extent really helped build up the emotional torment of these characters.

And then to put the final nail in the tear-filled coffin, we finally got to the moment where Claire and Kal revealed their true identities to each other, and I got an emotion from Kal that I wasn’t expecting: rage. Sure I knew he’d be angry, but the amount of hate that you could see in his eyes was overpowering; and, once again, this is an aspect that’s often overlooked in lesser anime. Not only did this guy lose his parents and his home because of the Wind Revolution, but now he finds out that the girl he fell in love with was the main figurehead of that revolution. That’s a lot of emotional torture, and this anime never fails to capture every aching second of it.
Mar 3, 2014 12:47 PM

Sep 2013
The kiss and reveal seemed cheesy :/

Lol Ari can see through any disguise.

Poor Ari she won't be able to fly again :(

I laughed pretty hard when Ignacio threw Kal in the water, my impresion of him has definitely chaged this episode. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

kawaii-despair said:

So, nobody is gonna question about Claire's breasts size increasing when she becomes Nina?

Nah they have always been that size, you can tell if you rewatch episode 5, specificly the scene where Ari tickles Claire.
Mar 3, 2014 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
Such many deaths... i hoped something would happen but no, they're truly dead ;_;
R.I.P.

Ari is a pretty awesome character indeed, also she must be good at faces since she almost immediately figured Nina was Claire O.O
and nobody heard she yelled "Claire!" that was a bit weird though... unless there would have been a lot of background noise :3

Kal-el looks to be completely absorbed by hate and sorrow so Ignacio is hopefully beating some sense into him, also Ignacio behaviour could have something to do with Claire's recently "I've given up on that name" thingy but who knows...

Great episode ^^
Mar 3, 2014 1:15 PM
Jan 2013
Finally, THE REVELATION! Kal now knows that Clair is Nina Viento.

OOOOOH that long mourning.

I'm guessing that Ignacio is gonna be giving Kal a rude awakening.
Mar 3, 2014 1:44 PM
Mar 2013
Ignacio is so awesome, fucking Kal-el up.

Claire still has some powers left i see. Her breast growns bigger as Nina Viento.

Some part of me thinks that Kal-el shouldn't forgive Claire and another part thinks that he should. Either way i don't really care, but still Ariel is the best girl.
Mar 3, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2012
solomon585858 said:
babymilo91 said:

I don't care what he wants to do but Kal can not and must not forgive that bitch. There is too much blood between them. And the best thing Nina can do is die for something. I hope we'll see it.

You know that's unlikely to happen.
Mar 3, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2012
Am i the only one who likes Claire here ??
Mar 3, 2014 1:56 PM
Mar 2012
Ouch love feels. Romeo and Juliet all over again
Mar 3, 2014 2:13 PM

Dec 2013
Any of my comments on previous episodes will show that I've been against this series from the start, it was boring, bland, and devoid of any real emotion. Karl's reason for hating Nina is one of the more ridiculous plot lines in this series. So, I had considered dropping it many times during the run, but always held on hoping the next episode would be better. And now it has.

This is probably the best episode of the series so far, they finally got the emotional impacts of the various situations right and for once I could actually feel the emotions they were trying to convey. RIP to every single non-important support character in the cast list, you've all been killed in the last two episodes alone. Next will be the important support characters, simply because it looks like this series is trying to kill everyone on the floating island. It's already been hinted at it being a suicide mission to begin with, so why not kill them all, right?

But, I digress. This is probably the best episode of the series so far. The series has just been getting better with every episode since episode 6, the stories are finally hitting the right nerves and buttons. The relationship with Karl and Nina finally revealed itself to both Kal and Claire, they share a kiss and then a nice healthy dose of honesty. Now we just need that idiot Karl to realize that he shouldn't be hating on Nina anyways, she was just a puppet during the revolution, a child his own age(like 9 I think?) playing a part while the greedy politicians pull the strings from a nice safe spot where no one can get to them. I mean really, blaming her all of these years is just stupid. I can understand the anger at first, when it happened, because of how young he was; but as he got older he should have become more intelligent and realized what had actually happened. But, that's asking too much I guess.

Ignacio! Finally this useless background art becomes a character! No one would have even known he was there if Ari hadn't kept trying to involve him in everything, so it's about time he gets to come to the front of the class and shine. Beat the shit out of that blonde emo bitch!!

I so hope Ari and Ignacio end up together, they're good together. This episode just showed more of how well the interact. It's painfully obvious that Karl and Claire will end up together, assuming that she doesn't get killed during the fighting. Claire has been one of the main reasons I've stuck with the show, waiting for it to actually become a watchable series. She's adorable. She needs to drop the Nina persona altogether, which I'm thinking is going to happen instead of her getting killed. And no, her breasts didn't get bigger in the Nina persona. The Nina costume just puts them on display more, a few episodes back you actually get a look at her breast size as Claire and they match up. But, they seem bigger because of things like push-up bras, corsets, and other such feminine torture devices.

Prediction: Claire gets her powers back, probably if not end of episode 10 then episode 11.

Overall I'm gonna give this episode an 8/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Mar 3, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2014
gino_san said:
Am i the only one who likes Claire here ??

I don't think so? Claire is a lovely character and has so much responsibility as Nina so no wonder it's frustrating for her to have 2 personalities, one which Kal-el is in love with, the other which he truly has a hatred against. I don't see a reason to hate or not like Claire.

I hope that Kal-el will be reminded of the words he was asked to do when his mom left him.
Mar 3, 2014 2:55 PM

Dec 2010
kvnstv1 said:
I really don't see why Ignacio is so hard on Kal El. They're not friends and Kal-El has good reason to hate Nina Viento (who used her powers to kill off his parents) and Claire (who, despite having a hint of Kal El's true identity did nothing to resolve it till he had fallen completely in love with her).

Moreover, I get the revolution and everything, but Kal El's parents don't seem like a particularly bad bunch of people to me. Just looks like a rebellion because things are not going the way people would like it to and had a convenient wind goddess to rally around.

Ari is best girl though. And her father's the best man.

I agree with you.
In the first place, I believe that most of the reason for why Igancio is beating up Karl is because he is probably projecting his hate for his father on him. While the other part of the reason is because Claire is sad.
Completely selfish reasons if you ask me.

It's beyond me why people are saying Ignacios actions are awesome. Karl has all the right in the world for despising Claire.
Mar 3, 2014 3:06 PM

Sep 2011
Ignacio had a pretty smug look when he kicked Kal-el. I guess he hated him that much, and the reason I say that is because during the wind revolution he was all for it. I guess he got his payback he's wanted on the family by face kicking kal :D.

Either that or he's trying to fix the relationship, but I doubt it. Also, if Kal-el doesn't get revenge but instead goes all lovey dovey or even "I won't kill you" type of ending, I'm gonna be so disappointed.
Mar 3, 2014 3:20 PM
Apr 2013
With Kal acting all emo (understandably), Ignacio's brute force method is probably the best way to get him out his emotional funk quickly. That said, I still don't like Ignacio and I was disappointed Kal didn't beat his ass, hopefully they at least trade some blows in the next episode.
Mar 3, 2014 3:36 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome episode.
Waiting for the next one *-*
Mar 3, 2014 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
The way Ari noticed Claire was kind of weird and felt forced... But, oh well, YES FOR MORE DRAMA.
Mar 3, 2014 4:07 PM

Dec 2013
copperwolf said:
myd10oz said:
Barion-Zara said:
kawaii-despair said:

Lol XD I noticed too ^^;

Me three ;P

really guys? i was too enthralled in her inspirational speech to the populous to notice such a thing..

I liked the ending for this ep, getting his hands dirty is exactly what Kal needs to snap him out of his depression. I would actually loveto see a couple minute fight between the two next episode.
I can't help but feel as though the ending is going to be rushed here though...
Mar 3, 2014 4:25 PM

Dec 2008
I could barely see the first few minutes of this episode because of my tears. Mitty and Wolfgang... *sniff*

Kal-el discovers the truth, goes into depression, and then gets his ass kicked by Ignacio. Why? I was thinking Ignacio would love nothing more than to see Kal-el suffer. Or, is this his way of pouring sulfuric acid into Kal-el's deeply opened wounds?

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 3, 2014 5:40 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't cry. But my eyes feel really tired from trying not to get teary-eyed.

Sucks to be Kal right now. His friends just died, he finally gets his first kiss with Claire only to learn that she's the girl he hates the most. Damn.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 3, 2014 5:41 PM

Jul 2008
I don't see whyt people are so surprised that Ari noticed that Claire=Nina.

Lets remember kids, they don't have TV's so none of them has ever seen Nina's face up-close. And while other students never tried to see something wrong in Nina, Ari (who knew that Kal is the overthrown Prince and acts like he did in the past) looked at Nina with more attention (probably while trying to guess if she, as she knows that Kal hates Nina, is the reason for Kal's depression) and ended up recognizing the facial features (Claire can change everything on herself BUT her face)
Mar 3, 2014 5:47 PM

Sep 2013
Well first of all, i kind of knew that the tombs or the stones were going to be crafted in spanish, since the names of some characters are actually in spanish but for some reason, some sound german-ish or japan-ish. At the end, ignacio owning Karl is not big surprise. He is a 'imperial' if you can say, bodyguard and also, karl had not eating for like it seems a little while, so him getting owned and kick on the face is a little extreme but not so surprising.

Someone mention earlier like in episode 4 or 5 post that if karl forgave Nina, then the story/anime would be shit. If you really think about it, that is what the description tells you to begging with. An ex-prince wants revenge but with the help of friends he finds friendship and love. So if you really think about it,whoever you are, it makes perfect sense if karl forgives Nina.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Mar 3, 2014 6:00 PM
Feb 2009
bout fucking time she said in his face
Mar 3, 2014 6:45 PM

Jul 2012
Ignacio broke down the door that means he is about to deliver an ass whooping to someone.

Great episode!!!
Mar 3, 2014 6:47 PM

Jul 2008
NO NO NO HOW DO YOU EVEN END UP AN EPISODE LIKE THAT, HE FINALLY GET KICKED IN THE FACE AND IT'S OVER FML
Mar 3, 2014 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
Lol at the part Kal learned that Claire was Nina after he confessed to her and kissed her.

Ari figured Claire was Nina was so quick.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.