Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Condition Called Love
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
It looks like Christmas season rolled around and Hotaru had doubts about herself and the relationship she shares with Hanakoi.

Luckily for her, Hanakoi is still there for Christmas so she wasn't lonely. I hope she can wipe those self doubts in the future though as it shows her weakness. Then again, given her personality, I guess the reaction is kinda natural coming from Hotaru.
Apr 18, 8:23 AM

May 2020
Well, of course the heart beats… that is its work after all. So be it a normal person or a sex offender who always attempts to force himself over girls, it’ll apply to either of them equally. But have to say, the melodrama when dude just fainted over…(?), for whatever reason was fucking hilarious… yes, stupidly hilarious.

Stop being high for that matter. Anyways, he said sorry and shrugged the matter off, so everything went back to square one again.. that’s how logic works in this series lol. Or maybe the dude gets a free pass because the main girl already knows he’s mentally unstable.

Somehow the dude knew it was the main girl’s birthday when she hadn't even told him or more like nobody mentioned… he ain’t beating these creep allegations any time soon. Like he’s not even attempting lol.

“Maybe it was a bit cliche to have carried you”

AND YOUR WHOLE EXISTENCE AND THIS SHOW ISN'T?!?!?!?
Apr 18, 8:26 AM

Dec 2021
Lol... of course Hananoi was just asleep the entire time.

On the day the trial period ended, Christmas arrived. Since the incident the other day, there had been no contact from Hananoi to Hinase, leaving Hinase anxious that their relationship might come to an end. Ultimately, spending Christmas with her family as usual, Hinase couldn't shake off a feeling of loneliness as she went to watch her sister skate, an activity they all did together every Christmas to cheer her on. Meanwhile, Hananoi had been searching for Hinase all along.

Of course, a romcom wouldn't be complete without a Christmas episode, and here it is, and it's a sweet one for sure, as usual with Christmas episodes in anime. It started pretty serious compared to most, but in the end, it ended sweet like all romcom Christmas episodes. Anyway, the person who turned on the Christmas lights again is a legend. This entire episode was so precious, my yandere senses were tingling just a tiny bit last episode, but I'm glad I was wrong. Hananoi is a good boy, and Hinase is the sweetest.

Finally accepting it... if Hinase is going to fall in love, she wants it to be with Hananoi. Hell yeah, let the real romcom begin.

Apr 18, 9:49 AM

Apr 2016
This dude is probably the only person in human history who passed away during an attempted rape ... as the one attempting rape.

I really dont like the main guy, im sorry, he's the kind of person who's incapable of love you see, he thinks he loves Hotaru so so much, but what it actually is, is an obsession. And when you love out of obsession, thats not love.

You're just horny, or desperate.
Apr 18, 10:18 AM

Feb 2021
Btw the literal translation of the title is "Hananoi-kun and the love illness"
Someone said that the people cut out from the pictures are Hananoi's parent's patients, and I think it makes sense. And makes it less creepy lol.
14:25 Oh wow, first time seeing Russian food in anime. Seeing all the food names written in Japanese feels funny.

Scene after credits.
Still not really sure what to think of this yet (≖_≖ )
Apr 18, 10:45 AM

Mar 2021
This was a sweet episode It was so nice seeing Hotaru get to have a special birthday just for her.
Apr 18, 10:46 AM
Mar 2024
Very cute episode, i ask my self how much we will get in this anime from the Manga. :)
Apr 18, 11:03 AM
Aug 2020
Bla bla-bla-bla

The mangaka is crazy or what ???

First it was ok but the stalker doesn’t love her, he is crazy.

She has personal issues, big issues!!!

She must focus on her and not love 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 18, 11:05 AM

May 2015
Reply to Swagernator
This dude is probably the only person in human history who passed away during an attempted rape ... as the one attempting rape.

I really dont like the main guy, im sorry, he's the kind of person who's incapable of love you see, he thinks he loves Hotaru so so much, but what it actually is, is an obsession. And when you love out of obsession, thats not love.

You're just horny, or desperate.
@Swagernator His passing out kinda reminded me of those videos in which you can see little goats fainting when they become stressed out or too agitated. I have seen so many times anime characters fainting out of blue because of a cold used as a cheap dramatic device that I got a bit tired of it, more so because I have never in my life was close to fainting (or have heard about anybody who fainted) because of a simple flu.

As I said in previous threads his obsession is not the problem, there are lot of love stories that are about extreme obsession, my problem is more like that I still don't see where his obsessiveness about her comes from, there was not an emotional build-up leading to it.
IshitatesoApr 18, 11:14 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Apr 18, 11:16 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Ishitateso
@Swagernator His passing out kinda reminded me of those videos in which you can see little goats fainting when they become stressed out or too agitated. I have seen so many times anime characters fainting out of blue because of a cold used as a cheap dramatic device that I got a bit tired of it, more so because I have never in my life was close to fainting (or have heard about anybody who fainted) because of a simple flu.

As I said in previous threads his obsession is not the problem, there are lot of love stories that are about extreme obsession, my problem is more like that I still don't see where his obsessiveness about her comes from, there was not an emotional build-up leading to it.
@Ishitateso It’s addressed a little bit at the beginning of the show, but the obsessiveness is just part of his personality. He’s like that in all his relationships and he said his girlfriends always tell him he’s too much/does too much/comes on too strong, etc, like when he dug through the snow just to find Hotaru’s hairpin. As the story develops it will go into his background and why he’s like that.
Apr 18, 11:40 AM

Jun 2022
THIS EPISODE WAS SOOOOOO CUTEEEEE AAAAHHHH!!!
hotaru is so mature despite not knowing much abt love TT

Apr 18, 12:06 PM

Jul 2021
Yeah, I'm out. It's such a boring show
Apr 18, 12:19 PM

May 2016
I have to keep reminding myself that Hananoi is only 16, and still has a lot to learn about life. I can see the tiniest bit of progression in him(he did apologize for his actions in the apartment, so if he doesn't do it again, I'll give it a pass), but still, he's an S-class stalker, and if he doesn't get it out of his system, it won't be good for Hotaru long term.

Hotaru's hard carrying this series so far; hopefully, we'll see continued growth from both our leads(especially Hananoi). or I'll have to abort.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 18, 12:31 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Sweet episode, nothing too special. It is fine, i will watch it.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Apr 18, 1:06 PM

Aug 2023
Super cute episode ;-;
Apr 18, 1:29 PM

Apr 2010
The reaction from the parents and little sister was funny.
The couple was having a nice time and they got a bit closer even tho they still have to learn a lot about each other.
Hopefully this feeling will continue.
Apr 18, 2:00 PM

Sep 2023
Softhenic03 said:
Somehow the dude knew it was the main girl’s birthday when she hadn't even told him or more like nobody mentioned… he ain’t beating these creep allegations any time soon. Like he’s not even attempting lol.

She didn't even get birthday presents from family lol. The guy is a f*cking Sherlock or just obsessed so much that he already got to know everything about her.
Apr 18, 2:22 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That kiss ended up not happening after all, and it was pretty obvious that it was because of Hananoi being sick but that was still a good moment, it’s just unfortunate that things ending this way made for a stressful next few days for Hotaru as the deadline of their trial period was rapidly approaching. This also revealed that Hotaru has had an issue similar to this in the past with a friend, being that she was unable to understand her and hurt her somehow, I’m guessing we’ll get more on this in the future and I’m betting we may even see this girl again, but at the same time I can see it staying in the past.

Thankfully tho, Hananoi saved things himself when he rushed to the skating rink that Hotaru was at, the parents and sister being confused was funny but the true greatness was what followed with the Christmas date, there were good moments throughout but it reached the climax at the the ice skating bit, they even had Hananoi scooping up Hotaru like a princess, couldn’t have been cuter. And this was where we found out it was Hotaru’s birthday as well, it’s a shame she’s always spent her birthday the way she has even if it is fun cheering for her sister, but Hananoi making things right and giving her a true birthday was very nice. And we all knew it was gonna happen but I’m glad Hotaru chose to keep things going with Hananoi, it would truly be a waste if they stopped here after all, I look forward to more great moments between these two beyond Christmas.

And lastly, man that ED is too good man, I’ve said it once before but it’s easily one of the bests this season, it especially feels good coming off these sweet episodes.
Apr 18, 3:17 PM

Mar 2024
However I do feel that there's not much of an explanation for why the ML falls in love with the FL. It's honestly a bit similar to Sign of Affection in that way. Then again, if we're talking teenage love, we are talking infatuation, and for that, all you need are pheromones. ;-) I kinda like both shows but they're simple-romance popcorn entertainment. No offense, I often enjoy popcorn entertainment! I won't go the way of @Swagernator calling both men rapists because they might have stared at their girlfriend's cleavage, though.
Apr 18, 3:25 PM

Nov 2016
I wonder how they family would react if they know the real Hananoi.

When I'm in Japan I gotta try their Döner. Can't imagine it tasting good if the guy working there doesn't have a beard and hairy arms.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 3:31 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to FMmatron
I wonder how they family would react if they know the real Hananoi.

When I'm in Japan I gotta try their Döner. Can't imagine it tasting good if the guy working there doesn't have a beard and hairy arms.
@FMmatron There are no fast food joints I ever got food poisoning as often as from Swedish-Turkish kebab joints. I think I'd prefer the Japanese variety, though Döner really sucks.
Apr 18, 5:06 PM
Aug 2022
God I love this show, this is one of the better things airing and such a good romance

Hinase and Hotaru have such a great dynamic and there both such good characters. I gotta put respect on Hotaru for everything he’s done so far. He really does love her so much.

And I get the feeling Hinase is starting to fall for him a little, even if she doesn’t realise it yet
Apr 18, 6:05 PM
May 2017
Good episode! As the story develops itself and Saki and Hotaru grow up as a couple and as individuals, the episodes to come may improve, becoming more interesting.
leonardobarbaApr 18, 6:10 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 18, 6:39 PM

Apr 2022
already met the fam in the 3rd episode jeez. i've already read the manga but this happened sooner than i expected, or maybe my memory is failing on me here.
Apr 18, 6:44 PM
Apr 2022
of course he just knows about her birthday, i expected nothing less from this dude who has a shrine of her in his room, so romantic i guess
Apr 18, 9:53 PM
Oct 2019
very cute, da No, I'm bursting with cuteness and sadness for not having experienced something similar
Apr 18, 9:56 PM

Feb 2019
Idk man maybe I’m just getting older and more cynical, but I really just can’t get with how toxic Hananoi is with Hotaru. Like the whole thing with pushing her down and going in for the kiss, then just his overbearing and possessive personality in general. It’s the reason his other relationships have failed and he hasn’t really done anything to address it. It’s fine now for Hotaru because she’s a plain girl who’s not used to much attention, but surely this’ll drive a wedge between the two of them at some point.

That saaaaid, the shoujo Stan in me loved the Christmas date and Hotaru’s monologue at the end about wanting it to be Hananoi if she ever falls in love was so cute 😩 I really do wish them the best, I just want him to dial it down a bit and go at a pace that she’s comfortable with.
Apr 19, 2:45 AM
Oct 2019
Damn Christmas episode already??
What a wholesome episode, cute episode.

NASI GORENG!!
hey that's Indonesian food, my country got mentioned.
Apr 19, 3:34 AM

Oct 2020
Hanakoi is very smooth with Hotaru on their "date".
Apr 19, 4:33 AM
Sep 2021
So the trial period has been extended, hotaru spent a quality time with Hananoi. How will their relationship progress from here.
Apr 19, 6:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
What a time to get a fever though. Esp after giving that speech. Still Hanaoi really pushed himself to the limit to be with her. Though i do think that his worry for her is a bit too excessive. Imagine what would happen if he found Hotaru when she's still with family. The christmas fair though was nice. Great opportunity to try food from all over. Nice to see that the date was a great success for both of them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 7:11 AM
Jan 2024
Cute episode! Can’t wait for the next episode!
Apr 19, 7:22 AM
Oct 2022
Hananoi-kun is so patient with Hotaru-chan, I think they are meant to be together. Their Christmas Eve date was so beautiful, Hotaru-chan really felt like a princess.

OP and ED theme are both amazing, this is a good romance anime. So far, I like it and I hope they will be the most beautiful couple.

Hinase Hotaru is starting to understand what “love” truly means and the fainting of Hananoi was a different situation, he was too overwhelmed by even touching Hotaru-chan.
Apr 19, 8:05 AM
Jun 2021
This was a sweet episode. It felt a lot better than the last episode, and I really liked the show end.
Apr 19, 8:35 AM

May 2023
Better than the previous episode, and yeah the best episode so far.

NASI GORENG!
Indonesia mentioned letsgooo!
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Nov 2016
Reply to Love_And_Forward
@FMmatron There are no fast food joints I ever got food poisoning as often as from Swedish-Turkish kebab joints. I think I'd prefer the Japanese variety, though Döner really sucks.
@Love_And_Forward

Skill issue. Or maybe come to Germany, habibi.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 9:29 AM

Mar 2024
Reply to FMmatron
@Love_And_Forward

Skill issue. Or maybe come to Germany, habibi.
@FMmatron I'll make time for a vacation this Summer, it's really close so.
Apr 19, 10:27 AM

Oct 2011
Of course they had to de-escalte it somehow so they made it 'omg look, he is actually sick and collapsed'.

Oh my God, those rabbit plushies in socks and cat scarf, I want it aaaa.
She gave him the cat scarf, okay this is so cute!

This episode is much better than the two before, but still kinda eh. It was cute and all but reeaaally the ice rink was suuurely empty. And that picking her up was so unnecessary.

They put very important information in the post credit scene, why?
Apr 19, 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
Love_And_Forward said:
@Swagernator "Attempted rape?" I see the little, ugly, piss-liberal feminist in you.

If the whole world lived by your standards we'd have birth rates south of South Korea. The girl was literally asking for a kiss. If it were up to you, I guess men couldn't fuck women without a written contract.

It was either a joke or you're right.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 19, 11:36 AM

Mar 2024
I really don’t know how to feel about this anime. Sometimes it leaves me in “awe” but even more Hananoi keeps giving me the ick the whole time?? I will continue watching it but honestly it’s more because I’m curious how their relationship will progress rather than me being super hooked on it
Apr 19, 12:13 PM

Mar 2008
Aw Hotaru's sister is cute.

Must have felt nice for Hotaru to be treated special for a change when her birthday falls at a time everyone gets attention.
Apr 19, 12:21 PM
Aug 2023
This episode was really touching, the romance stands out quite well from many others, at the moment I find the anime really excellent. I'm also glad that the "test" for their relationship continues; I think it's good that Hotaru doesn't force herself, it's obvious she's not ready.
Apr 19, 1:20 PM

Mar 2008
Marinate1016 said:
Idk man maybe I’m just getting older and more cynical, but I really just can’t get with how toxic Hananoi is with Hotaru. Like the whole thing with pushing her down and going in for the kiss, then just his overbearing and possessive personality in general. It’s the reason his other relationships have failed and he hasn’t really done anything to address it. It’s fine now for Hotaru because she’s a plain girl who’s not used to much attention, but surely this’ll drive a wedge between the two of them at some point.

That saaaaid, the shoujo Stan in me loved the Christmas date and Hotaru’s monologue at the end about wanting it to be Hananoi if she ever falls in love was so cute 😩 I really do wish them the best, I just want him to dial it down a bit and go at a pace that she’s comfortable with.

We didn't actually see Hananoi push Hotaru in previous ep or this one (and i just checked the manga it is as vague) we just see the table bounce and her on the floor, she might have just fallen back from surprise and balance loss him speaking gently in her ear she shouldnt be asking for a kiss if she isn't sure she really wants it. His hands were only beside her not on her so I think that is most likely. If he did push her I'd think it would have been him trying to resist kissing her like she asked and didnt mean to knock her all the way to the floor. He did get caught up in the moment but he resisted giving her the kiss she asked for. Hotaru didn't back down until Hananoi was already passed out.

All the other stuff he does he hasn't done anything like try to isolate Hotaru, or deceive her, or invade her personal space too much or make unreasonable demands of her, he just is accidentally overbearing in how he expresses love and has a disregard for his own well being sometimes. This basically just shows he's desperate not dangerous or inherently harmful to Hotaru. It's kind of the point, I am pretty sure they are meant to be opposites trying to find balance between lack of feelings of love and unintentionally overbearing love. We already have seen Hananoi slowly change his behaviour from Hotaru's influence as he learns negative effects some of his actions might have on Hotaru.

Yeah the monologue was cute.
traedApr 19, 1:27 PM
Apr 19, 1:42 PM
Mar 2018
Just when I thought this show wasn't working for me and the dude was a little off and possibly problematic, this episode turned me around so fast I was spinning.
Apr 19, 4:00 PM

Oct 2014
Yep still mixed feelings about the show, again there were wholesome moments in the show but also still doesnt stop the stalker vibe from our ML.

Man he really needs to tone it down as it’s really off putting.

Otherwise a cute episode and will give it a few more before i make my full judgement.
Apr 19, 7:03 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to Marinate1016

@Marinate1016 The japanese title literally translates to "Hananoi kun's love sickness" so it's not like they just drop that shit on us without any warning lol. I enjoy this cause it's not just the same old perfect shoujo male lead again its refreshing. Also they make it pretty clear he's being weird from the start so I'm looking forward to some character development.
Apr 19, 7:05 PM

Feb 2019
Peter_Cao said:
@Marinate1016 The japanese title literally translates to "Hananoi kun's love sickness" so it's not like they just drop that shit on us without any warning lol. I enjoy this cause it's not just the same old perfect shoujo male lead again its refreshing. Also they make it pretty clear he's being weird from the start so I'm looking forward to some character development.

I mean from the very first ep we see him breakup and get with Hotaru by end of ep so even without the title it’s apparent, doesn’t mean I have to like it lol. But I’m sure it’ll get developed
Apr 19, 7:12 PM
Back to anime

Jun 2017
Really good episode, Hotaru's genuine smile at the end made it feel like all the hard work Hananoi-kun had put in so far was worth it, and it made for a nice little reminder of why I love anime and keep watching it. It's all about those little moments and rewards in life, after all~!=v=3
Apr 19, 8:20 PM
Aug 2018
The lack of critical thinking for this series is painful, I’m glad some get it but the way people fail to understand what the series is trying to do with Hananoi’s character is annoying, happy watching to the ones enjoying the show ✌️
Apr 19, 8:45 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril got to be princess for a day on her bday Christmas
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20

75 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16

45 by modboy »»
Sep 10, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11

109 by ANormalUser »»
Sep 8, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

153 by ANormalUser »»
Sep 8, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13

37 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 7, 3:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.