Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 29, 2020 5:57 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome and thrilling episode,

Big fights against the Execution Divison, I loved how they coregraphed the fights, it felt so dynamic.
Medic girl rules !

They finally opened the safe, I wasnt expecting such an unusual "treasure"

Its such a pleasure to see new visual ideas every new episode cant wait for the next one !
Oct 29, 2020 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
An operation with a time limit..interesting. I gotta say, each episodes and their stakes are raised higher and higher.
Oct 29, 2020 6:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Absolutely great episode, the fights scene were sure interesting the MVP of the fight is Brawler for me.
So the key was in the cat? wow and now what I wonder is who are the two kids...
Oct 29, 2020 6:49 AM

Mar 2020
Execution Division Apprentice was very useless.

The Execution Division Master was doing all the work.

Seems like that cat was the key to opening the treasure which was two kids. I wonder if those kids are Akudama.

Action-packed episode :)

Oct 29, 2020 6:57 AM

Dec 2014
Great stuff, constant escalation, action packed and exciting. This show knows exactly what it's trying to go for, so no matter how over the top and ridiculous things seem, it's still very entertaining and consistent within it's own narrative.

Interesting that the Shinkansen was transporting a bunch of kids and the sister had the power to stop the train and protect it from the quarantined territory. Curious about the true state of Kanto as the Cat/Boy made it out as not being the utopia everyone thinks it is.

Really looking forward to what direction the story will head from here.

Oct 29, 2020 7:11 AM

Jun 2020
Another chaotic and fun episode, I was kinda expecting that the real body of the 'cat' was gonna be in the vault lmao
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 29, 2020 7:24 AM

Apr 2019
So that red eyed kid was the one controlling the cat the whole time... ecstatic episode, as usual. didn't get me very nervous though as I knew they would succeed.

Oct 29, 2020 7:24 AM
Apr 2020
Another great episode!

Swindler is now fully committed to being an Akudama. Courier with his bike is unbeatable. That's a quite short fight scene but Cutthroat is surely skilled. Hacker enjoyed playing difficult stage games. Doctor's stuffs are prettu useful. Brawler is really tough. And I wander what made Hoodlum think that he can beat the Executioner just by smashing him with a chair. lmao

Those two kids looks OP! The girl stopped the Shinkansen just by playing her flute!

This is getting more and more fascinating every new episode!

Ao_SkyOct 29, 2020 7:29 AM
Oct 29, 2020 7:26 AM

Sep 2019
It was a kid after all.
Oct 29, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Another crazy and nonsensical episode. Good again.
Oct 29, 2020 7:41 AM

Jul 2017
Am I the only one who wants The Executioner to win the fight? or at least let them successfully kill 1 Akudama or something. I don't know, each time they land a hit on Akudama it feels satisfied. But again it deals nothing to them like Doctor and now Brawler just got stab in the abs and he's pretty much alive lmaoo.

great episode as always can't wait for next.
Oct 29, 2020 7:48 AM

Aug 2018
Does anyone have any clue what that thing at the end that surrounded the shinkansen was?
_______I like rocks__
Oct 29, 2020 7:49 AM

Oct 2017
The Brawler dude is too simple and it makes him that much more likeable tbh. Cuthroat was really amusing again and he's op, that 900 years+ sentence wasn't just a show like Executioner dude said. Thou the doctor was really cool in this episode, she supported each and every one of them.

Also wow so the cat's controller was a kid huh and those siblings have supernatural/superpowers too. This got more interesting, let's see what's the hidden truth behing Kanto.
Oct 29, 2020 8:03 AM

Sep 2012
I feel like this episode wasn't as succesful as previous one.
Fight scenes were mostly stills and pose-to-pose transitions, with lot of dialogue of characters stating their intentions. Until now it was effectively conveyed through framing body language and even energy within character's movement. So in this respect it wasn't very good episode. Especially since we ALREADY know character's personalities as they were established well enough in eps 1/2. Pacing was a bit junky.

Still there was enough story advancements to keep it okayish. Still enjoying, but i was hoping for cyborg samurai guards on Shinkansen XD
Oct 29, 2020 8:06 AM

Jul 2017
Stage 2 of the Shinkansen raid mission, and the Executioners may be one step behind, but with SPEED they'll make to the Akudamas.

Anyways, this is a nutcase episode done magnificently to build upon the action and craziness of the show. And Swindler is pretty much considered a part of the Akudamas by her cutthroat personality.

The rest of the Akudamas confronting the Executioners, with Hacker and Swindler to catch the illusive "Black Box" vault before their allowance time gets eaten up, but given Kodaka's style, getting into further trouble only elevates the feeling even further.

Oh ho, Black Cat being the final key to the puzzle...and 2 kids? The red-eyed boy who was it all along, and flute girl? The journey to Kanto and its mystery only intensifies even further.

Studio Pierrot REALLY putting their BIG-ASS budget to showcase many high-quality shots with SAKUGA, HOW RARE IS THAT?

Insane episode of enjoyment to the flex.
Oct 29, 2020 8:06 AM

Sep 2020
Atlos said:
Does anyone have any clue what that thing at the end that surrounded the shinkansen was?

I believe it's simply a force field that activated when the girl played the flute, either being hers or the train's, though I think they'll probably expand on that in the next episode.

As for this episode, man, I still can't get over how stylish this anime is. I thought the fights in the 2nd episode were great and now we got this episode, the show keeps surprising me each week. This time the fight had a lot of teamwork and I really can't get enough of Cutthroat, he's just so funny lol. Can't wait for the next one, hyped!
Oct 29, 2020 8:29 AM

Feb 2019
Wild and fun episode for sure, lots of action, constant progression and amazing animation. So kuroneko-san was actually a person using an avatar, wonder why the kids were being shipped to Kanto. Hopefully we get some answers next week
Oct 29, 2020 8:36 AM

Jul 2020
The doctor has some big milkers

Oct 29, 2020 8:51 AM

Apr 2009
Dropping. Sad, because it had some potential.

No plot or real stakes. People get their throats cut, injected poising and surviving. They teleport. The super secret hidden basement had a railroad connected? They had a 5 minute limit, but like 10 passed.

The only good are Brawler abs.
Oct 29, 2020 8:58 AM
Dec 2017
In this slightly underwhelming season, this show is one of the shining stars. I wonder what the plot is going to expand on, the children were definitely on the train to get evaporated, because they were too dangerous to be held captive anywhere.
Oct 29, 2020 9:01 AM
Sep 2018
Felt like a riot.

This one is seriously hidden gem of this season.

No need for a good plot, only action man.

Though I can smell a good plot is building up.

10/10
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Oct 29, 2020 9:06 AM
May 2015
Medic girl was a really great support this ep. They could've died multiple times if it wasn't for her quick thinking/first aid. Also what's with the child trafficking all of a sudden? Are the akudama about to unveil a corrupt govt? Wouldn't be surprising
Oct 29, 2020 10:07 AM
Oct 2020
This ep is lit bruh.. And i liked how cutthroat want to protect swindler makes me kinda ship them.. And many fight scene that i liked.. This ep is really 🔥
Oct 29, 2020 10:26 AM

Aug 2019
Really good episode. Here's my ranking of the main characters so far.
#1: Brawler
#2: Courier
#3: Ordinary Person
#4: Hacker
#5: Doctor
#6: Cutthroat
#7: Hoodlum
Oct 29, 2020 10:35 AM

Jul 2020
Absolutely amazing episode. Enjoyed everything second of it and it was entertaining af
Oct 29, 2020 10:39 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Fun episode but I wonder where the story goes from here. Are we trying to find a way to bypass the contamination zone and get to Kanto? Get back to Kansai? The heist has been done so what’ll drive the plot forward
Oct 29, 2020 10:49 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, it just keeps getting crazier by the episode!

Cutthroat-san showed a glimpse of his true strength and it was legit fire! Also, the Courier with his bike is the ultimate combo.

It'll be interesting to see what's next in store for us, though. Expecting some sort of a change from next episode onwards but I'm just hoping the entertainment value won't take a hit.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 29, 2020 10:51 AM

Jan 2015
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

And holy fuck, two kids inside the vault? That was the last thing I was expecting lmao it caught me off guard
Oct 29, 2020 10:51 AM

Dec 2014
the show is good but both the op and ed is terrible
Oct 29, 2020 11:05 AM

Dec 2019
I feel like the story is actually getting started now. it's been entertaining so far but lacking plot wise, but at the end of this episode it looks like the real plot is beginning. Hopefully Akudama Drive will finish as a 8/10 for me bcz I'm really enjoying it
Oct 29, 2020 11:11 AM
Sep 2015
Yeah Brawler shirtless!!! Plus he's being on top of that hunk executioner, riding him like a horse! Now take off your pants!!!
Oct 29, 2020 12:19 PM

Oct 2020
phantomfandom said:
Yeah Brawler shirtless!!!

That and fuck yeah mindless action entertainment! I'm enjoying this anime more and more!
Oct 29, 2020 1:03 PM
Apr 2016
Jeez i really thought the medic would be killed, I m kinda disapointed i hate her character XD
Oct 29, 2020 1:13 PM

Mar 2017
What the fuck?! From the way Kuro Neko got angry when Hacker said Kanto is a utopia I'm gonna guess that there's some big conspiracy about the place that involves something super unethical! My mind is spinning with questions about these kids... can't wait for next week's episode!

Man, this anime is so sick and I'd definitely say it's the best of the season! Not only are all the characters equally likable and vibrant but the plot is incredible too and most anime usually have only one or the other of these elements!
Oct 29, 2020 1:20 PM

Aug 2018
Every episode is better than the other episodes and the fight scene was awesome as always and the mystery is getting bigger and bigger with each episode and the black cat end up to be a boy and a girl inside the train
Overall 8 out of 10
SaiDxvLightOct 30, 2020 9:22 AM
Oct 29, 2020 1:32 PM

Jan 2019
There is no disappointment when it comes to Akudama Drive. Great episode as usual. The action is exciting, Brawler is the most fun character and it seems that there is something very obscure about Kanto. People being transported as merchandise in an extremely well-protected container to the "gods" abode? I wonder if these children are daughters of the "gods" or if they are criminals of a much more dangerous type than the Akudama. The boy controlled a robot from a distance and the girl can create a force field by playing the flute. Omoshiroi.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 29, 2020 1:46 PM

May 2019
this show just keep getting better and better
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Oct 29, 2020 1:54 PM

Dec 2019
Kinda disappointed with this episode since it's starting to feel like there isn't any plot or actual stakes, but am sure it would change in the later episodes.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Oct 29, 2020 2:17 PM

May 2018
Well then I guess we now know that the mastermind or masterminds were in that vault, and it's 2 kids.
Oct 29, 2020 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
Finally done sleeping on this and it's absolute fire.

Action was great. The executioners caught up quicker than expected and the battle they had was pretty great. They all showed off their way of crazy this episode, well I guess for the exception of swindler.

This is a very inviting suggestion in combination with this angle... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In the end they managed to get the upper hand with a bit of teamwork, guess I wasn't expecting that from this group of Akudama. Brawler walking around as a blood spilling watering can.

I did not expect to see 2 kids being the cargo they had to secure from the vault. This show knows how to keeep me invested with every episode. So many questions.
Oct 29, 2020 2:56 PM
Jun 2020
HYPED AF!!! akuDAMMNN BOI!
Oct 29, 2020 4:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The battle against a time, in the middle of Shikansen speeding its way through to Kanto. But, the end really surprised me a bit. Well, i never expect the vault contained a little kids, like the fuck they sent them like an items. Its not one, but two, beautiful. So, thats the kids from the opening, i may questioned it a bit before.

But, really its never expected them to be the request maker for the crazy Akudama XD. About the duo executioners, i don't think they would die easily back there. Meanwhile, the mystery behind Kanto and the relations with Kansai still openned up for more expanding story. How the heck human could go to Kanto if you must go through decontamination zone? My guess is there were no human afterall taking account into Kanto. Maybe its a cyborg that can go through Kansai with a freewill until they reach Kanto. Even i may suggest the kids are no human at alll. Well, its really intriguing me to see the right answer, the chance of the right one is still 50:50.

So far the action sequences were really entertaining. Its nice. No death, but still in a logical sense toward their fights animation. The transitions were also beautiful, when the interaction between all characters just satisfied me. Brawler became the MVP, while Hoodlum tried to be a man, but the whole just hiding. Lol.

That railgun from the courier bike surely did a great job back there, together with the aggresive doctor items that always became a massive plot device. Even the Swindler girl had a lot of help too, encouraging the cutthroat and the brawler to fight the executioner until their limit. Overall this is really a nice episode. A lot of questionable threats surely made it looks entertaining, and promising.

So, lets see the next one, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 29, 2020 4:52 PM

Jun 2019
I was hoping for there to be more solid action. The action that we got was good, but it was interrupted too often. It felt like whenever the action really got going the anime cut away to Swindler or Hacker doing something else. Next episode looks to be more world-building, so I’m looking forward to some questions being answered. I still think this is one of the best debuts of the season, but Jujutsu Kaisen is firmly ahead of it now.
Oct 29, 2020 4:53 PM

Jun 2020
this series is so damn entertaining, great animation as well. its just pure absurdity.

also, the execution division foos r so bad ass
Oct 29, 2020 5:12 PM

Jun 2020
Good episode this week. Loving the bromance between Brawler and Hoodlum. Hope we find out more about the kids next week.
Oct 29, 2020 6:00 PM
Apr 2019
Continues being a thrill of ride. Only complaint so far is the comical exposition. At times it's repetitive info, stuff the characters have already explained, and (I understand the need to break the tension with a bit of humor) it's starting to get annoying. Not sure I'll enjoy it when it happens, in say, the 8th episode.
Oct 29, 2020 6:09 PM

Jul 2016
Atlos said:

I assume some kind of force field to block the decontamination field.
Oct 29, 2020 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
Dang ever more amazing fights!

So the brother was the cat, didn't expect that. So I'm guessing the brother and sister are originally from Kanto as the cat raised his voice after Hacker mentioning it's a paradise. I wonder why Hacker is so obsessed with getting too Kanto.

"You really are a feminist." BAHAHA I love Doctor and Courier's little relationship.

Minor complaint, but man I really with they didn't have that Bunny and Shark commercial break. It really annoys me and it ruins the whole mood of the story.
Oct 29, 2020 6:47 PM

Feb 2016
Ciezul said:
Felt like a riot.

This one is seriously hidden gem of this season.

No need for a good plot, only action man.

Though I can smell a good plot is building up.

10/10

+1000 This anime series and Jujutsu Kaisen are the only ones that I keep rewatching.
Bad ass action, no drama. Some people gave bad scores out of blue. I guess, no crybaby cute waifus and husbandos on this one. Although executioner girl, swindler, courier are cooler.
Oct 29, 2020 6:55 PM

Aug 2015
I am having SO MUCH FUN with this unabashedly ridiculous show. Every moment has me completely hooked. There are no doubt plenty of tropes that would bother me immensely in other shows but this shit is so entertaining I don't even care. Time flies and I've never wanted an episode to end. It feels so good to have so much fun with a currently airing show. WOW.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2020

171 by chidaru »»
May 28, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

121 by budliteyagami »»
May 13, 12:34 AM

» Am I the only person who felt like the show was a stretch?

AnimeLeviathan - Dec 24, 2020

7 by corporateremoval »»
May 3, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

173 by vhowl »»
Apr 21, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2020

155 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.