Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 21, 2019 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A moment of silence for Anna. They only knew for each other not too long but hey, she managed to protect Taichi.

I guess Taichi knows the reality of their world now. Even with the fantasy elements, death is real. You can literally see the anger in his eyes. His fight against that two headed dragon ended up being really predictable...sigh.

Aug 21, 2019 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Anna.

Overall, this a predictable episode tbh. At least Taichi formed an official pact with the Wind Spirit.

Aug 21, 2019 7:46 AM

Aug 2018
This dragon lul, I couldn't take it seriously, there was really something that disturbed me... its design surely. Ah yeah the visual of its attacks (sort of blue & orange-yellow rays) was ugly.

Nah honestly I didn't find anything interesting this episode, except Anna's death & the short reveal of the real villain mastermind.
Aug 21, 2019 8:07 AM

Mar 2018
Wow of course the only rather good character had to die
And in such a stupid way too. Like wtf if that breath was that easy to avoid she coulda just throw taichi with herself on the ground instead of half pushing him
And then wtf is that wound, looked like she was stabbed by some dagger instead of taking a hit by some dragon's breath.
Really disliked the way she died..
was pretty dumb with that mind control thingy too ngl

And just when I thought Taichi becomes broken or smthn he only went like "no it's my fault blah" and gets even more op

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 21, 2019 9:22 AM

Jan 2009
What's the point of introducing a character if your going to kill them a couple of episodes later?

Honestly it kinda pisses me off but what more could i expect from this anime.

Also am i the only one who finds the enemy's plan as pretty dumb in the first place if it required killing a friend of the hero?
No matter how noble or ignoble your cause, in the real world that's a good way for someone to work against you, even if your goal is good (how many military forces who went as a peacekeeping force ended up being hated by the population because a few soldiers ignored orders?).
TatsuyaAug 21, 2019 9:29 AM
Aug 21, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
The villain has the upper hand, honestly at this point, even they themselves are cheats too, as far as this is the start of their experiment against the main characters and the supports.

At the most crucial time, Anna just had to be at the warfront at the wrong time, a good, one-off character being manipulated. Her death is just too stupid both a move and captivation, acting as the catalyst for a much more absurd reasoning for Taichi's new too OP power. At least he finally forged a pact with the Wind Spirit.

WELL at least the Dragon Spirit was lenient on it, and agreed to the terms of both the villains and Taichi.

NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE...
Aug 21, 2019 9:27 AM
Feb 2009
rip Ana she was pretty much the best character of the series
Aug 21, 2019 10:40 AM

Oct 2010
Opinion incoming. I repeat, opinion incoming.

Everyone and everything in episode is ultra stupid.
I bet death is not real death too. And even if it is... why care? It has like zero emotional impact due to overall 'unbelievable' set-up. Everything is so 'arienai'. Yes, it is fantasy but every good fantasy is about making people believe it might be real. Not happening with cardboard writing.

"We are the cardboard heroes, a-a-a-a-ah"
Aug 21, 2019 10:40 AM

Jul 2017
ok we all know Anna is probably gonna get revived like next episode like with one of those bs shounen plot armor's, so unless that doesn't happen then this death would be sad

also sasuga Crunchyroll didn't know Myura was also German and went by the name Muller
Aug 21, 2019 11:12 AM

May 2011
This show has finally done it. It's the first Isekai that I'm dropping. It's so generic and boring that i'm skipping thru 40% of the episode just to move to the action scenes.

Everything about this series feels like it's been mailed in; the story, the dialogue, the characters. Even the OP Myth & Roid song is bland.

I'd rather have another season of other isekai series. Even the mediocre ones like Diablo-san, or Death march, are better than something as stale as this series.
Aug 21, 2019 11:16 AM

Oct 2017
Anastasia's death was so sudden and unexpected , I totally thght she will be a part of Taichi's team but sadly she died so soon. Totally didn't see this coming.
Aug 21, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2018
Hmmmmmmm
Souka

These Isekai anime this season are the worst out of all
All are terrible(shit)

Anime like this or Arifureta really make me want to use the entire rating scale so I can rate them 1/10...
-Aincrad-Aug 21, 2019 11:39 AM
Aug 21, 2019 11:40 AM
Jun 2019
I disliked it because a character died
Aug 21, 2019 11:49 AM

Jul 2016
Ofc the best character in the series have to die.
And a dumb way to kill off a character as well... smh

First isekai anime that I'm so tempted to drop...
Aug 21, 2019 11:56 AM
Apr 2019
Leo said:
RIP Anna.

Overall, this a predictable episode tbh. At least Taichi formed an official pact with the Wind Spirit.

Predictable to a fortuneteller maybe, I didn't see any of this coming.
Aug 21, 2019 11:58 AM

Oct 2017
God this is the first time in ages I wish I would skip/drop shows. Everything this episode was predictable, and I say that as someone who defended this show the first few episodes in hopes that it would get better...
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Aug 21, 2019 12:01 PM

Oct 2017
elementex said:
Leo said:
RIP Anna.

How? I don't watch since 2012 or something, but even for me with relatively little experience I was 95% positive Ana would be killed off. Everything else in this episode was particularly cliche and predictable.
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Aug 21, 2019 12:05 PM

Aug 2013
K1ngOfSloth said:
Wow of course the only rather good character had to die
And in such a stupid way too. Like wtf if that breath was that easy to avoid she coulda just throw taichi with herself on the ground instead of half pushing him
And then wtf is that wound, looked like she was stabbed by some dagger instead of taking a hit by some dragon's breath.
Really disliked the way she died..
was pretty dumb with that mind control thingy too ngl

And just when I thought Taichi becomes broken or smthn he only went like "no it's my fault blah" and gets even more op

Yeah, everything is pretty dumb there: a mighty dragon but a simple human can survive the attack (barely). If the dragon is that powerful, why didn't its attack reduce Anna to dust?
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Aug 21, 2019 12:17 PM

Nov 2013
here i am trying to find a reason to not drop it after watching this episode lmao
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 21, 2019 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
Worst episode so far. While I liked most other episodes. But this one was too mucht talking and stuff. Not enough action. Also the stuff with Ana felt forced. And to top it it really was - as suspected - the other guys "guiding" (= trying to get him to develop his full power) him.

Though I thought it was more for evil purposes. Trying to make him strong. Manipulate him to work for them. Profit. Something like that.

Dragon felt honest when talking ... and he made it sound like it is really necessary and not bad/evil. (Maybe there is a greater threat and while to most it seems evil to use these means it is okay if it is to save the country. Seems like with the first town ... then country ... and the stuff in episode 1 - that they are fighting wars later.)
Aug 21, 2019 1:06 PM
Apr 2019
XanderFenikkusu said:
elementex said:

How? I don't watch since 2012 or something, but even for me with relatively little experience I was 95% positive Ana would be killed off. Everything else in this episode was particularly cliche and predictable.

I wasn't, I was expecting her to try to kill Taichi since she was being hypnotized.
Aug 21, 2019 1:10 PM
Nov 2016
Of course the best girl had to die (if she's actually dead). Man was this episode predictable.
And stop screaming ffs.
Aug 21, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2013
Nothing in this series has an actual impact.
That dragon literally stood as a statue for minutes doing nothing while waiting for Taichi to have his shounen power boost.
For how "strong" they claimed dragons to be, he was extremely lackluster and boring.
Really? a flame hits Anna directly and it only makes a small part of her stomach bleed? And she just suddenly dies after thinking she loves him and its only a one sided thing because she saw Rin?

Eh... this episode (and series) suffer so much from a lack of creativity and a lack of good writing skills, if we ignore how bad the studio did its job when talking about animation, pacing, sound effects, character designs and so on.
Aug 21, 2019 3:01 PM

Mar 2014
I'm still not sure Ana's even dead. They overplayed it so Taichi would get emotional but I'm still expecting her to get patched up next episode.

When the Dragon was shown to be able to talk I was mad at him for not immediately asking it what the fuck it was doing there, but no he waited patiently until AFTER one of his friends was "killed" to think of it
Aug 21, 2019 3:11 PM

Jan 2009
-Aincrad- said:

Anime like this or Arifureta really make me want to use the entire rating scale so I can rate them 1/10...

At least arifureta was handled badly (manga is pretty good), this is meh at best even in the manga.
Aug 21, 2019 3:14 PM

Feb 2015
The show doesn't do a single thing well.

Putting aside the fact this episode looked like absolute shit, they managed to kill the only interesting character.

The MC turned into a super Shounen ball bag who want to protect everyone zzzzzzz

Nice of all the enemy's to stand around while folks chat and power up that super Shounen power boost.

Dreadful charcter writing means they have managed to create female characters who have no personality which is a problem when the MC has none either.
CrashmattAug 21, 2019 3:18 PM
Aug 21, 2019 3:34 PM

Jul 2014
Lol the only character that i thought may be interesting is killed, bravo..
Well since there is no hope for this anime after all, i just don't care what happen next..

Also how tf a fire attack results a bleeding damage lmao, everything is just hilarious from start to the end.
Crocospect22Aug 21, 2019 4:04 PM
Aug 21, 2019 4:06 PM

Dec 2016
Tatsuya said:
What's the point of introducing a character if your going to kill them a couple of episodes later?

To be honest It doesn't matter, in Craft Cop they introduced character and killed in the same episode but it was sad and impactful because she was interesting character.

but overall can someone explain me how Anna was interesting/good character? She was boring, she was saying stuff like "I'm Assassin", "I killed people" etc but we didn't see her doing anything she was only damsel in distress, she was even forced to be sacrificed, zero initiative.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.168/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 21, 2019 4:18 PM

Jul 2014
Nieznajomy43 said:
Tatsuya said:

To be honest It doesn't matter, in Craft Cop they introduced character and killed in the same episode but it was sad and impactful because she was interesting character.

but overall can someone explain me how Anna was interesting/good character? She was boring, she was saying stuff like "I'm Assassin", "I killed people" etc but we didn't see her doing anything she was only damsel in distress, she was even forced to be sacrificed, zero initiative.

It's not like she is a "good" character, but because she is probably overral a better character comparing to other good side characters in this boring anime.

The other one probably ther prince guy which is in my opinion still way better than mc and his friends.
Aug 21, 2019 4:57 PM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
XanderFenikkusu said:

I wasn't, I was expecting her to try to kill Taichi since she was being hypnotized.

You're giving the show way too much credit.
Aug 21, 2019 5:29 PM
Discord Moderator
May 2016
Animes like this give the isekai genre such a bad reputation. God damn. Is there anything different about this anime from our most recent copy paste isekais?
Aug 21, 2019 7:57 PM

Nov 2013
Latest Arifureta had twin head Dinosaur, and this one had Dragon. Is this some kind of competition to decide which is worse isekai ?
DannyTheDonkeyAug 22, 2019 7:58 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 22, 2019 2:16 AM

Feb 2009
I guess Ana only existed 'cos they couldn't kill off Rin...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allan Poe
Aug 22, 2019 6:02 AM
Jun 2017
Well atleast a dragon can match Taichi's OP power. Anyways it seems that Taichi's OP power cant save its bad reception from anime viewers, as its receiving a bad score from MAL.
Aug 22, 2019 6:33 AM

May 2019
I keep watching every week and hoping maybe--just maybe--this show will improve.

Unfortunately, it only seems to get worse. Everything from the writing to the fight scenes is boring and uninspired. Perhaps this would be acceptable if the show looked good, but it really doesn't. The art is decent, but the animation is terrible. In this episode, I saw the twin mages hair and hair ornaments get switched repeatedly. Every time they were in the frame, their ponytails and hair ornaments were on a different sides. At one point (around 8 minutes in) the twins run into frame facing away from the camera, then they turn around and their ponytails stay in place as they turn. The camera pans elsewhere, then 4 seconds later, the twins are back in frame with their ponytails on the other side.

I'm giving this one more episode before I give up completely on it.
Aug 22, 2019 6:41 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
This episode was dumb, the dragon awakens and just stands there while taichi and friends start talking and making their retreat like come on why isn't it attacking and where is everyone else the field is so empty lol also the dragon fires a blast at ana and she isn't blow in half wtf the director needs to be sacked also the way these characters kinda act feels kinda fake or not polished I dunno but it feels weird forced even

Aug 22, 2019 6:42 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
FakeSaturday said:
Would have preferred if they killed Rin tbh
agreed she's kinda annoying tbh actually she is annoying she's been annoying since the beginning

Aug 22, 2019 7:32 AM

Dec 2017
"I have no personality, cause I am just another one of harem girls in another poor written isekai. Well, I guess I go and die." Really, author put zero thought and efford in this whole title, but that moment was even worse.
Aug 22, 2019 1:01 PM

Jan 2012
Ana: "maybe I can start over"
Me " welp, you gonna be dead by the end of the ep..."

I thought the hooded guy was going to stab her, but they went for the 'character dies in front of hero for BS power-up' cliche'.
She was one of the better characters, yet I didn't bat an eye when she died, which shows how bad the characters are written (don't know about the manga since I never read it, so don't kill me over it).
The dragon was probably playing solitare while the whole death speech happened, since he was so quiet and considerate
All in all, just another overly cliche' ep. Still hoping maybe there will be something good come out of this show, but my hopes are dwindling down fast.
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 22, 2019 3:01 PM
Aug 2016
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! After the clusterfuck that was the previous episode, I didn't think it would get any worse, and boy did it get fucking worse.

I'm not going to talk about assassin chick's retarded death as it has already been addressed by the posts above.
There are a shitload of other things that bothered me however, like why the hell the MC decided that he should fight the dragon the moment he appeared and killed his enemies even, and why the hell did he let him go just like that after defeating him instead of making him pay for murdering his friend for the sake of some retarded test, or at least torturing him until he spills every information he knows about the faggot that send him to do so in the first place? But of course I'm not expecting that fuckboy to do any of that considering what he did with the twins, the loli fucking twins, those two faggots were down to make the goblins rape and kill women and children fucking 4 hours ago, but now they are nakama? wtf is this gay MC even talking about? and why in the blue fuck did his fugly gf stayed there if she was just going to stop fighting the moment that two-headed murderer sends her a counter attack suggesting that she should not interfere, which god knows how she understood and why she even did as he requested at all. And why didn't that spirit save him like she did the other time even though he was about to die if not for the assassin chick? AND WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL HIM ABOUT THAT SHITTY CONTRACT BEFORE??? THIS SHIT IS WAY TO FUCKING SHIT!!

ClickBaitBusterAug 22, 2019 3:04 PM
Aug 22, 2019 7:54 PM

Dec 2018
One more in the "The fuck was that wound" crowd XD
Aug 22, 2019 7:56 PM
Jan 2019
Dammit! Why they had to hurt Ana, she had already become one of my favorite characters in this anime. I hope she survives.
This fight lacked more emotion, but I admit that I was surprised when the Dragon appeared, I thought he would be a final boss or something like that and that it would appear until the final episode. Needless to say, Aereal, the spirit, was late.
So, there is someone driving things behind the curtain, handling everyone like pawns. It is interesting, but I would love to improve the plot, it lacks more quality.
Aug 22, 2019 10:07 PM

Dec 2009
I literally just noticed the show's character design art was nardack... shame cuz Nardack's original art is absolutely gorgeous.

Interesting plot development, didn't expect it to have been intentionally planned up to this point. This has raised my respect a bit for the series.
...i mean it's still ticking a lot of common tropes, and the action was pretty shallow, lots of pausing for drama, beam-o-war etc, but that's not enough to kill a story.
GenesisAriaAug 22, 2019 10:15 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 23, 2019 1:32 AM

Nov 2012
Looked like she got stabbed during a mugging gone wrong rather than receiving a blast from a godly dragon. I wonder who the mysterious woman behind the curtain could be!
Aug 23, 2019 1:34 AM
Dec 2017
Just to clarify for everyone in disbelief. The stab wound was from a dagger hidden inside the fireball. The girl, Ana, whatever her name, didn't dodge because she was immune to that fire attack, but not the hidden dagger. The clues are obvious in the way she had zero burns, DUH!
Aug 23, 2019 1:35 AM

Nov 2012
Armados said:
Nothing in this series has an actual impact.
That dragon literally stood as a statue for minutes doing nothing while waiting for Taichi to have his shounen power boost.
For how "strong" they claimed dragons to be, he was extremely lackluster and boring.
Really? a flame hits Anna directly and it only makes a small part of her stomach bleed? And she just suddenly dies after thinking she loves him and its only a one sided thing because she saw Rin?

Eh... this episode (and series) suffer so much from a lack of creativity and a lack of good writing skills, if we ignore how bad the studio did its job when talking about animation, pacing, sound effects, character designs and so on.

The dragon intended on waiting around for his shounen power boost tho
Aug 23, 2019 4:21 AM
Jul 2013
charliechuckle said:
Just to clarify for everyone in disbelief. The stab wound was from a dagger hidden inside the fireball. The girl, Ana, whatever her name, didn't dodge because she was immune to that fire attack, but not the hidden dagger. The clues are obvious in the way she had zero burns, DUH!

Ah yes, an insanely strong creature uses daggers that don't melt from dragon breath!
Do me a favor, why are you trying to defend this bullshit?
Aug 23, 2019 6:40 AM
Jun 2019
Armados said:

Ah yes, an insanely strong creature uses daggers that don't melt from dragon breath!

SCIENCE!! This show has it! Rin even uses science to enhance her magic! But her lightning blade didn't electrocute people upon stabbing through abdomen back in like episode 3... Science... This show cons with it.
Aug 23, 2019 9:54 PM

Feb 2019
Ana deserved better smh I’m mad as fuck. she better come back someway, best girl. Idc what ratings say, I love this show
Aug 24, 2019 7:35 PM

Oct 2008
oh well...Anastasia is a fodder...lame.
2/5.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

67 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

221 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:36 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

99 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

40 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

67 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.