Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2018 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I feel for Eiji's pain, not just physically but mentally.

Looks like the series' finale details the conflict that has been building up this entire time. Nice to see some character reunions too. However, the gang warfare continues in a battle of survival. Ash is still badass as ever along with his allies. Also glad to see the Chinese mafia one more time. I feel like their role in the series overall added a good amount of drama.

Pretty entertaining show for me, might check out the manga in the future. I also really liked the usage of the music for the episode in particular the narratives.
Stark700Dec 20, 2018 9:12 AM
Dec 20, 2018 9:10 AM

Mar 2012
I just want to make this clear because there is A LOT of misinformation on Wikipedia and TV Tropes and others sites about what happened. Lao's actions had NOTHING to do with Shorter. Shorter is why he was pissed at Ash but that's not why he acted. He did it 100% to save Sing's life. He even says so. So all the stuff you see about Lao getting revenge for Shorter is plain wrong.

Now I need a moment.
Dec 20, 2018 9:17 AM

Aug 2018
And here we are. There was hope and it was shattered.

No Garden of Light. That's really cruel MAPPA.

In any case, the adaptation is flawed, as is the source material, but it's still an enduring, heartfelt tale about love, life, and the dichotomy of it all. For that, it's a story I'll never forget it.

For anyone that's interested, I created a post here going into specifics my interpretation of the ending because it's a lot to take in. In my opinion, the second cour had been building up to this point so it's hard to judge Banana Fish in its entirety without seeing this ending.

MetaKite said:
I just want to make this clear because there is A LOT of misinformation on Wikipedia and TV Tropes and others sites about what happened. Lao's actions had NOTHING to do with Shorter. Shorter is why he was pissed at Ash but that's not why he acted. He did it 100% to save Sing's life. He even says so. So all the stuff you see about Lao getting revenge for Shorter is plain wrong.

Thanks for mentioning that. People always seemed to have the wrong idea with Lao.
LunallaeDec 20, 2018 1:19 PM
Dec 20, 2018 9:31 AM

Mar 2012
Lunallae said:

Don't give up hope. I still think it will come out on the final blu-ray/DVD as an OVA. Would have been nice if it was incorporated as part of the series but I knew it would not last week when I saw the title "The Catcher In The Rye". So I'll just pine away hoping for it's release when the final B is released. If it doesn't then, well there's always vodka.
Dec 20, 2018 9:39 AM

Nov 2011
MetaKite said:
Lunallae said:

Don't give up hope. I still think it will come out on the final blu-ray/DVD as an OVA. Would have been nice if it was incorporated as part of the series but I knew it would not last week when I saw the title "The Catcher In The Rye". So I'll just pine away hoping for it's release when the final B is released. If it doesn't then, well there's always vodka.

I'm really curious, how many chapters did the overall series adapt? (I haven't read the manga yet)
Dec 20, 2018 9:44 AM

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
I'm really curious, how many chapters did the overall series adapt? (I haven't read the manga yet)
All except the final extra chapter that takes place 7 years later (Garden of Light) and Private Opinion which is a side story about how Ash and Blanca met.
MetaKiteDec 20, 2018 9:48 AM
Dec 20, 2018 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
MetaKite said:
Stark700 said:
All except the final extra chapter that takes place 7 years later (Garden of Light) and Private Opinion which is a side story about how Ash and Blanca met.

I see, thanks :>

Only other work I've read by the author is Yasha.
Dec 20, 2018 9:50 AM

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
MetaKite said:

I see, thanks :>

Only other work I've read by the author is Yasha.
I've read Yasha only because Sing is sort of in it and that takes place even more years after Garden of Light.

There is another story that was written even before Banana Fish started that's about Eiji when he was an athlete (Fly Boy in the Sky). It's not really considered a part of the series.
Dec 20, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2008
</3

I knew what was coming but still cried like a baby.

I really hope Garden of Light will be animated because it's so important. Also, I love Yut Lung and I don't care what anyone else says.
Dec 20, 2018 10:28 AM

Dec 2017
okay, this ending was rather confusing. while i enjoy that it ended in a tragic way (though, it didn't feel like it due to how melodramatic it was), but do die from a single knife stab after being shot and stabbed multiple times throughout the show is kinda... eh?

also, the resolution of that fight felt like an ass-pull as well. golzine being shot twice, modifying the code and coming all the way to the construction site to shoot the military guy and fall off in a dramatic way. lmao, feels like i'm watching a hollywood movie going down

nevertheless, the series as a whole felt really nice. mappa sure did their job well
Dec 20, 2018 10:43 AM

Aug 2017
How ironic that Golzine saved Ash at the last minute.

The ending is sad. I knew that Lao was going to cause trouble but I didn't expect him to killing Ash.

I don't know about you guys but the second half is weak, rushed and repetitive. Also, Yut-Lung is a terrible villain. At least, I don't think it was that bad. Ash have a good development. 5/10 for the anime.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 20, 2018 10:45 AM

Mar 2015
I'm so done with this ending, i know Ash would either die or leave Eiji but this was SO CRUEL, Ash was finally loving himself more and caring about other people but in the end he didn't go to the hospital WHYYYY, WHYYYY WOULD HE DO THATTTTT

I don't know what to say honestly.... jesus the poor boy just can't have a good moment.
Dec 20, 2018 10:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well....fuck Lao.
Dec 20, 2018 10:52 AM

Jun 2009
awesome last episode the showdown at the buildings was breath taking (=the death of cgolzine the reunion with the gang and max and also the funny part with blanka beeing stuck :) totally love it and cryed at the end even soo i knew it was gonna come.
a total 10/10 from me for a amazing action full funny and emotional anime with great story, cast , and ost
KanneiDec 20, 2018 10:55 AM
Dec 20, 2018 10:57 AM

Mar 2012
Smudy said:
Well....fuck Lao.
Yes but remember he was also manipulated by Yut-Lung who does later acknowledge he bares responsibility in Eiji's pain. Lao was misinformed and acted like anybody would in his situation. He didn't know the fight was called off.

I hate Yut-Lung because
1) This is HIS fault. Ash is dead because of him.
2) Unlike all the other villains that got what they deserve, he lives.
3) He doesn't suffer anything and even gets to keep Sing (low key MVP of Banana Fish) as a friend for life.
4) Akimi Yoshida said Ash needed to pay and die for his past crimes but nothing happens to Yeet for his crimes?.
5) He (along with Blanca) killed Ash's hope to be with Eiji and Ash never sees Eiji again after the hospital.

Sure enough all the villains got what was coming to them except for Yut-Lung. He didn't pay for anything and destroyed 5 lives in the process (Ash, Eiji, Lao and the 2 in Sing's gang).

uninstallthegame said:
okay, this ending was rather confusing. while i enjoy that it ended in a tragic way (though, it didn't feel like it due to how melodramatic it was), but do die from a single knife stab after being shot and stabbed multiple times throughout the show is kinda... eh?l
He had a previous bad wound in that same area from being shot. I think it's obvious why he chose not to seek help and go to a hospital.
MetaKiteDec 20, 2018 11:26 AM
Dec 20, 2018 11:01 AM

Nov 2016
Damn, this was a heavy final episode, it always is so depressing to see the protagonist die.

This show had many ups and downs and I was honestly not that satisfied with the second half, but still, the emotional conclusion made up for a lot.
FMmatronDec 20, 2018 11:04 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 20, 2018 11:06 AM

Apr 2017
the amount of tears i'm shedding rn shouldn't even be humanly possible. i've never in my life been this emotionally attached to an anime than i have with this one, and i'm honestly not sure why. it could be the relationship between ash and eiji, the story, the setting - idk. all i know is that i absolutely loved it.

ash deserved so much better. he deserved happiness and peace - whether that be with eiji or by himself, you can't deny that eiji was the one who brought ash happiness. the fact that he died with a smile on his face says it all. eiji gave everything to ash and asked nothing in return, and if that isn't love idk what is. mappa really knows how to pack a punch...

anyway, i'm gonna go cry some more....
Dec 20, 2018 11:07 AM
Apr 2013
God that was intense
Dec 20, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2017
EH...what kind of ending is this?

Lots of action with quick cutscenes, something out of a video game...

The war of bloodshed has grindled to this very moment...a perfect end...

But not without the caveat of the 2nd half, which is where Yut Lung still holds to his past grievances, and Sing has to talk him out of it and end the Lee clan legacy.

And Ash just left Eiji on his own back to his homeland just like that, and why is Lao still surviving? Anywho, he's dead.

Overall, the ending is seriously stumped to boredom, but nice series from MAPPA.
Dec 20, 2018 11:16 AM

Aug 2018
uninstallthegame said:
okay, this ending was rather confusing. while i enjoy that it ended in a tragic way (though, it didn't feel like it due to how melodramatic it was), but do die from a single knife stab after being shot and stabbed multiple times throughout the show is kinda... eh?

also, the resolution of that fight felt like an ass-pull as well. golzine being shot twice, modifying the code and coming all the way to the construction site to shoot the military guy and fall off in a dramatic way. lmao, feels like i'm watching a hollywood movie going down

nevertheless, the series as a whole felt really nice. mappa sure did their job well

I just posted a topic on interpreting the ending here because it kind of comes down to the question "why did Ash let himself die?"

I feel like all of Banana Fish's action was inspired by 70s and 80s Western action flicks. That's why they play out the way they do.

MetaKite said:

True. I had a feeling as well from the title, but was in denial because a part of me wanted Garden of Light.
LunallaeDec 20, 2018 11:39 AM
Dec 20, 2018 11:22 AM

Mar 2016
i hate this ending. it’s pointless, cruel and it proves the villains’ point. it tells abuse victims that there’s no happy ending for them. that they can’t overcome their trauma; that they can’t heal. the only way out is death. i love the rest of the story, but this ending is horrible and i will always hate it.

Dec 20, 2018 11:27 AM

Jun 2014
We all knew this fate for Ash was coming, but it still hurt to see it happen, especially since he and Eiji didn't really get to share a last goodbye. The final moments of this episode were really touching and emotional, and I'm glad he died peacefully with a smile, instead of getting killed in a more brutal way.

I thought this finale had its ups and downs, but it was still pretty nice overall. It was quite ironic that Golzine of all people was the one to save Ash in the end, and even though I liked that moment, I agree with what someone above said about how it was a bit odd to see him still do so much despite our initial assumption that he was left to bleed out and die. I also agree with MetaKite that Yut Lung's fate should have been way worse than what it ended up being.

I think the show kind of faltered a bit in the second half. It was still enjoyable but it certainly could have been better. The last few episodes kind of brought the momentum back, but I don't think it really saved the show or anything. The overall experience was still pretty nice though, 6.5/10 (I really wish MAL had half scores).

One more thing I almost forgot to add, but I really liked the tribute to Unshou Ishizuka at the end of the OP. One hell of a VA and it sucks that he's gone. He did a great job as Golzine.
thebrentinator24Dec 20, 2018 11:54 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 20, 2018 11:39 AM

Jul 2015
I prefer the ending like this without garden of light, it’s more ambiguous and for all we know someone took Ash to a hospital off screen since there’s no direct confirmation of his death so I can believe that if I want,,,Ash just passed out from blood loss but someone calls the ambulance later 😊
Dec 20, 2018 11:43 AM

Sep 2017
this ending...i read the manga and the whole series did a good job at keeping it the same (apart from missing garden of light that’s important and all the other side stories but ok) but that ENDING

I was hoping for the ending to change somehow....but i guess it was futile.
I saw an interview of the author some time ago and they said they just wanted ash to die at the end,for no specific reason and that really annoyed me :)
Ash could’ve lived but i guess f*ck our lives.
Anyways,i was in so much pain at the end,but ash died in a very peaceful way where he wanted to/liked,rip i love u so much i will always think about u

Oh one thing i liked was how he drilled his ribs in & the first op started in the background,i was singing my heart out for him
tookawaiiiDec 20, 2018 1:50 PM

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Dec 20, 2018 11:44 AM

Oct 2012
I hate this ending, oh my freaking god. *Pretending Ash is still alive and well*
Somehow glad I finished Banana Fish so I don't have to suffer anymore. Glad they didn't animate the Garden thing where his death is confirmed. Leave it ambiguous for god's sake.

I hate it so MUCH when they kill only ONE person of a couple. I mean, kill them both so they can live happily ever after if there's a heaven. Don't just kill ONE of them and let the other live and suffer for the rest of their life. Fuck. FUCK.

I'm sad, don't touch me.
Dec 20, 2018 11:58 AM

Mar 2013
Poor Ash.
Poor Eiji.

"My soul is always with you"

Dec 20, 2018 12:04 PM

Dec 2016
Wow what a fucking finale
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 20, 2018 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
This was a difficult series to get through.

The second half being harder to digest than the first, and part of that I (personally) think was due to the soap opera level theatrics.
Direction, sound, voice, etc. most of the time they left me with a feeling of lacking genuineness just to deliver you the next gut punch after the other. Frenzied pacing never helped either.

That being said... these elements are more suited for a finale which I think were done here in a more cohesive and fitting atmosphere. I was a bit more worried that I should have been.
Not my dream series like I envisioned it but there was clear signs that the staff involved in this were passionate about what they were doing. Something that I don't get a lot from anime anymore.

Oh I have to mention that for a 24 episode run MAPPA was surprisingly consistent throughout.

Edit: Also obligatory waiting for Garden of Light.
standDec 20, 2018 12:07 PM
Dec 20, 2018 12:07 PM

Jan 2017
I finally get why manga readers are so depressed about the ending... I expected Ash to die tbh, but... I don't know, the way it went down just felt like there had to be the final kick just for the sake of it. I can't really explain it, but it didn't feel like a "good" tragic end, if it makes any sense. Maybe just Lao wasn't the right character for it, in my opinion.

I really loved the rest, would have been a 10/10 if the death scene worked better for me, but overall a great experience watching the series.
Dec 20, 2018 12:10 PM

Apr 2011
I've read the manga, I knew exactly how this was gonna end, but I still spent the entire second half of the episode crying my eyes out. When Ash started running I was almost yelling at my computer screen for him to be able to make it. This ending really hurts. And Eiji's final line makes it hurt even more. I never rooted so much for an anime adaptation to change the ending of the original source before, holy shit. But they kept it the same as the manga and killed me inside. Again.
Dec 20, 2018 12:12 PM
Apr 2015
This ep hit me way too hard ;-;
Dec 20, 2018 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
I'm going with 7/10. First half of the anime was good. Some episodes were 9 even. Most were 8. Second half was weaker. A lot were 7 only. Repetitive with Ash getting captured.

Chars weren't that interesting. Didn't like the Ash x Eiji stuff at the end. (At the beginning it was okay. At the end it felt like the anime existed only to produce this stuff with Ash getting captured and Eiji worrying or Ash worrying about Eiji.)

Plot about the drug ... nothing really interesting anymore. I liked the last episode for most of the time though. Dino had some nice moments. Blanca was nice to see. (Loved how he sniped.) Yut Lung and Sing hat a nice conversation.

The last few minutes with Ash/Eiji were boring again. I guess MAPPA did a great job. Music, sound, voices ... everything was great.

It is more like a 7.4 (rounded to 7) for me. But Zombielwand was the better MAPPA show. More good episodes. (Even though it was without much plot. Better than having a promising plot that gets weak.)

Edit: And btw ... I didn't care that Ash died. Didn't cry. And usually I often get drawn in be emotional episodes. But not if I don't really care about the chars. ;)
Dec 20, 2018 12:19 PM
Mar 2015
Unfortunately for us Banana Fish died long before the show put Ash out of his misery
Dec 20, 2018 12:21 PM

Feb 2016
I loved this show and its narrative, but also Fuck Banana Fish

God, even though I knew what was going to happen, I cried. I just really wanted Ash and Eiji to be happy. :(
whats an anime
Dec 20, 2018 12:41 PM

Dec 2013
LottiePerson said:
i hate this ending. it’s pointless, cruel and it proves the villains’ point. it tells abuse victims that there’s no happy ending for them. that they can’t overcome their trauma; that they can’t heal. the only way out is death. i love the rest of the story, but this ending is horrible and i will always hate it.

Well that's completely wrong because Ash dies with a smile and finally found peace with himself.
Dec 20, 2018 12:43 PM

Jan 2018
WHAT IS THIS GARDEN OF LIGHT AND WHERE CAN I FIND IT ??? T_T

Dec 20, 2018 12:49 PM
Aug 2016
lezerman said:
I'm so done with this ending, i know Ash would either die or leave Eiji but this was SO CRUEL, Ash was finally loving himself more and caring about other people but in the end he didn't go to the hospital WHYYYY, WHYYYY WOULD HE DO THATTTTT

I don't know what to say honestly.... jesus the poor boy just can't have a good moment.

Ash "sacrificed" himself to let Eiji not suffer anymore.
Dec 20, 2018 12:49 PM

Aug 2018
Drunken_angel said:
WHAT IS THIS GARDEN OF LIGHT AND WHERE CAN I FIND IT ??? T_T

Garden of Light is the epilogue to the story. You can read it in volume 19 of the manga (it's the last side story after the ending). There's a possibility that MAPPA will adapt it as an OVA though.
Dec 20, 2018 12:51 PM

Mar 2017
I'm in so much pain right now! The tragedy of this entire anime cuts deep. Neither Eiji nor Ash deserved the end that they received. I wish things could have been better for them... I literally haven't stopped crying since i watched it 😭
Dec 20, 2018 12:54 PM

Mar 2017
raifuresu said:
I've read the manga, I knew exactly how this was gonna end, but I still spent the entire second half of the episode crying my eyes out. When Ash started running I was almost yelling at my computer screen for him to be able to make it. This ending really hurts. And Eiji's final line makes it hurt even more. I never rooted so much for an anime adaptation to change the ending of the original source before, holy shit. But they kept it the same as the manga and killed me inside. Again.

I feel that pain right along with you... it hurts so much because Eiji's going to find out one day that Ash didn't not turn up to visit him but he died and it was heartbreaking that Ash was so tired that he just let himself fade away... shit i'm crying again
Dec 20, 2018 12:56 PM
Nov 2015
we want see of the sequel when eiji still waiting for ash eventho how many years been. ash was smiling in his dead body. but how about eiji? i remember sing said "you happy now ash?even you've died, eiji still can't let your memories faded. he still held on it. release eiji, ash. let eiji be happy"
dammmnn!!! those words ! those pic of ash in the wall... oh we're crying again.
Well, our dear humans. This was all (though, we hope they make an OVA with the short stories...). It´s been a heartbreaking pleasure watching this anime
Dec 20, 2018 12:56 PM

Jan 2018
Lunallae said:

Garden of Light is the epilogue to the story. You can read it in volume 19 of the manga (it's the last side story after the ending). There's a possibility that MAPPA will adapt it as an OVA though.

Thank you T_T

Unrelated note: why am I going to read the manga TONIGHT and put myself through this emotional savagery all over again ?
Dec 20, 2018 1:03 PM

Mar 2012
Katie_lou said:
raifuresu said:

I feel that pain right along with you... it hurts so much because Eiji's going to find out one day that Ash didn't not turn up to visit him but he died and it was heartbreaking that Ash was so tired that he just let himself fade away... shit i'm crying again
You both need to read Garden of Light which was in volume 19 of the manga. It's a bout Eiji and how he deals with the loss of Ash. It's very easy to find on the internet.

Still hope it will be an OVA. People need to tweet this to MAPPA.
Dec 20, 2018 1:03 PM

Aug 2018
Lul-oppa said:
to be honest i think they could've worked out the ending in a better manner.

lao coming to stab ash in his weakest moment is cliche af....................... this is a very weak way to have ash "die" (if he does). i'm okay with ash dying, but not like that. they should've aimed for something that is more impactful/meaningful :/ like the banana fish novel the story is based on

If you're willing, I wrote a post on why the ending is pretty much the way it is. It's a literary ending with many profound themes that ties the series together. Didn't Seymour kill himself at the end of "A Perfect Day for Bananafish?" That's pretty much what happened here.

Drunken_angel said:
Lunallae said:

Thank you T_T

Unrelated note: why am I going to read the manga TONIGHT and put myself through this emotional savagery all over again ?

Good luck, in several ways... Garden of Light hits harder than even this ending. But it also does heal you a bit. Hence why I called MAPPA cruel for leaving us with this.
Dec 20, 2018 1:15 PM

Mar 2015
Hebi_op said:
lezerman said:

Ash "sacrificed" himself to let Eiji not suffer anymore.

NO NEED TO SACRIFICE YOURSELF WHEN YOU CAN BE TOGETHER WITH THE PERSON YOU CARE(IN ANOTHER COUNTRY WHERE NOBODY KNOWS YOU!!!).
i'm so triggered right now.
Dec 20, 2018 1:15 PM

Jun 2017
24 weeks
24 weeks of delight,sorrow,pain,badassery, envy,abuse
24 weeks of pure entertainment from a storytelling and narrative perspective
24 weeks of Amazing songs and unique western style
24 weeks i spent watching this show,i followed these characters on their journeys
We are after 24 weeks with the perfect ending for this series, an ending that hits right in the gut, an ending which fits the themes of the show, an ending that closes almost every plot point

Sa-Yo-Na-Ra Banana Fish, i will miss you
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Dec 20, 2018 1:21 PM

Aug 2018
Lul-oppa said:
Lunallae said:

If you're willing, I wrote a post on why the ending is pretty much the way it is. It's a literary ending with many profound themes that ties the series together. Didn't Seymour kill himself at the end of "A Perfect Day for Bananafish?" That's pretty much what happened here.

I think i would have rather had ash commit suicide then be stabbed by lao. A character other than lao (someone much stronger and much more important) might've been good too

Ash pretty much did. The manga explicitly mentioned that the stab wound didn't hit his vitals. Ash chose to die by going to library.
Dec 20, 2018 1:21 PM

Apr 2011
MetaKite said:
Katie_lou said:

You both need to read Garden of Light which was in volume 19 of the manga. It's a bout Eiji and how he deals with the loss of Ash. It's very easy to find on the internet.

Still hope it will be an OVA. People need to tweet this to MAPPA.

I've already read it when I read the manga months ago. It only made me cry even more. lol
Dec 20, 2018 1:26 PM

Mar 2012
Lunallae said:
Lul-oppa said:

I think i would have rather had ash commit suicide then be stabbed by lao. A character other than lao (someone much stronger and much more important) might've been good too

Ash pretty much did. The manga explicitly mentioned that the stab wound didn't hit his vitals. Ash chose to die by going to library.
Many people are salty not because Ash died but because a scrub like Lao did it.

raifuresu said:
I've already read it when I read the manga months ago. It only made me cry even more. lol
It's very sad but a good closure point since we did get to see how Eii is fairing. His closure was my closure.

At least Eiji didn't go walking the earth and planting flowers for the rest of his life in solitude like a certain anime protagonist that lost the love of his life.
Dec 20, 2018 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
Confusing ending or I suspect many plp might not like it which is quite understandable but personally I freaking liked the way it open ended. It was really special and very logical scenario imo. Now I see why doing 1 cour couldn't make any sense.

Aside that, this was another good episode altho bit things to nitpicks here and there which has been something since the 2nd cour started as typical cursed from MAPPA (2-cour) shows but this was somewhat superior one fortunately. Didn't read the source material but feels like adaptation was great especially pacing was almost perfect. Can't imagine how unokay it would have been if it were adapted on 1990s and couldn't have done justice to that ending.

Overall very actiony show with LOT of cool cat-and-mouse chases scenarios to the point get repetitive sadly and some characters were hit-or-miss for me tbh. Still very interested to give this another go in future especially in inevitable english dub which will bring the show to a whole new level and I am surprised didn't produced as of now yet that I suspect might happened when BD finished? (maybe they will add more scenes on bd? or ova?)
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2018

88 by tenmeis »»
May 10, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

67 by bubba460z »»
May 5, 4:10 PM

» Any differences?

Mangahater - Apr 27

10 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

121 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2018

69 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.