Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2017 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm...

Idk how to feel about the show so far. Is it just me or did it just get into the action and main story way too fast? Not that I mind but it felt like I got dumped right into the middle of the show.

I'm okay with the CGI and there's obvious mecha themes in this already.
Ernesti is cute as a kid though. We got some info dump on the technology and their world setting. I'll give this more episodes although first episode felt so-so to me. Going to take a little time for me to get used to Ernesti's character design. He looks like a girl...
Stark700Jul 2, 2017 9:16 AM
Jul 2, 2017 8:45 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That's how he died? Uhhhhh....move out of the way, maybe?

As generic as it can get with the exception of robots being involved. Everything went way too fast and my attention already was lost.

I'll probably drop this since Saturday is really packed again, therefore shows from there will end up a sunday watch and this just doesn't look engaging to me.
Jul 2, 2017 8:46 AM

Jun 2012
Story went by way too fast for me. By the end I didn't feel invested into the story or characters at all. It seems like we skipped a large chunk of the introduction and just went straight into whatever the plot is going to be. Couldn't follow all the concepts and side characters they started to introduce.
Hopefully this isn't how the following episodes are going to be. Otherwise this show might not be for me :/
Jul 2, 2017 8:46 AM

Nov 2014
Oh my god, they resume 9 chapter from manga in 1 episode, i feel the episode go so fast. And Enresti sound and look more girly than manga lol.
Jul 2, 2017 8:49 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Sephil said:
Oh my god, they resume 9 chapter from manga in 1 episode, i feel the episode go so fast. And Enresti sound and look more girly than manga lol.

Isn't this a light novel?
Jul 2, 2017 9:02 AM

Nov 2014
Smudy said:
Sephil said:

Isn't this a light novel?

It has a manga version:

https://myanimelist.net/manga/98174/Knights___Magic
Jul 2, 2017 9:09 AM

Jun 2009
As someone who hasn't looked into this series before, other than the Synopsis, i quiet enjoyed the pacing from the usual drab of 2-3 episodes to get the ball rolling. honestly.
I can admit there's always going to be a few ways an anime adaption can go, along with the source or doing their own thing with the ordering of events to make animating it easier(or to tell the story slightly diffrent)
and sometimes that's not well recieved, but other than how fast it went i was thoroughly entertained by the whole setting, as silly as the MC died, it let us get right into it and at the very least have a back up anime we can all watch if next week's releases don't quite hit the mark! #Excited
>textwallsoz

=======================================================
Sign here; (Your Soul)
Jul 2, 2017 9:11 AM

Jan 2015
So it's a story about Bound Spirit (more or less because he just bought some figures but have no chance for building it) but luckily got reincarnated into another world. I know I've seen it pretty much, but still feels weird when Mecha elements collide with Magical stuff.
Whoa, that Teacher shouldn't said the second element that Ernesti so early. :(
Come to think of it, those after reincarnate Genderbend-thing and the knowledge reminds me of Tanya-chan. Is he really a boy or a girl then? >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 2, 2017 9:11 AM

May 2012
Welp, it's entertaining, but the pacing was a bit too fast for my liking. Hopefully it'll slow down a bit in the coming episodes.

I'm liking the familial bond between the main cast so far though
OlemJul 2, 2017 9:19 AM

Jul 2, 2017 9:18 AM

Jun 2014
I only watched 3 minutes of this, one of the easiest early dropped anime of my life. Animation is very sub-par, some of the shots made me laugh out loud, especially the horses running and the whole aspect ratio diagonal shots were so bad. People seem to be saying that this is going at a supersonic speed when it comes to adapting its source material, watching this did feel like I had the episode on fast forward.
:3
Jul 2, 2017 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
Another story about a MC being reincarnated into another world. It's entertaining though.

Ernesti was so cute when she was little.

May 2010
i knew the MC was rtarded when he spoke the first time...and then he died a death he could have avoided with ease...he wanted to die!

CGI Mechs fighting huge CGI bugs..aight im out..
KerozinnJul 2, 2017 9:29 AM

Jun 2013
Definitely fast paced, but this was a very enjoyable start!
Looking forward to more!
Jul 2, 2017 9:42 AM

Aug 2015
SakurasouBusters said:
Definitely fast paced, but this was a very enjoyable start!
Looking forward to more!

Gotta agree, didn't think I would enjoy it based off the synopsis and images beforehand but the way the episode was produced was quite cinematic and not nearly as cringey as I imagined.
Jul 2, 2017 9:44 AM

Sep 2015
Dam i have no idea why its so fast i don't even know why one of them turn into Uzuki

Dam bootleg everywhere
Into the Internet!
Jul 2, 2017 9:45 AM

May 2015
Jul 2, 2017 9:55 AM

Jun 2015
I was surprised when Kurata spoke. I was expecting a deeper voice. He got ran over by a car and was reborn as a kid. He really likes robots. It's his dream to be a Knight Runner. The CG is okay. Decent start for this show.
Jul 2, 2017 10:00 AM

Oct 2012
From a light novel readers perspective this was way too fast they covered hours of reading time in to minutes lol anyway i hope things get better
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Jul 2, 2017 10:03 AM

Jun 2012
Wow, a whole arc of it's novel was adapted to a single episode. I will not take this seriously either, just gonna enjoy those robots.
Zaphkiel_El_RemJul 2, 2017 10:09 AM
Jul 2, 2017 10:07 AM
Jul 2016
maaan !! 9chapters of the manga squeeze into 1 ep :(
Jul 2, 2017 10:08 AM
Mar 2017
Well, it was okay for mindless entertainment. I had some difficulty following what was going on though. I don't have much hope for the story, but I'll probably keep watching unless it gets worst.
Jul 2, 2017 10:09 AM

Mar 2017
The pacing seems all over the place to me, but the animation was enough to make me still enjoy the episode. Eru was cute too.
Jul 2, 2017 10:13 AM

Sep 2013
You had me at isekai mecha, magic and computer coding aren't so different after all XD
Fast paced start, mc a cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

alpha_shadow said:
I only watched 3 minutes of this, one of the easiest early dropped anime of my life. Animation is very sub-par, some of the shots made me laugh out loud, especially the horses running and the whole aspect ratio diagonal shots were so bad.

It has movement and barely any cutout scenes in the action, the animation is fine.
Jul 2, 2017 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
Personally I felt like the pacing was fine, or alright for what it had. It did felt like it was going a bit fast but for what it was going for it worked for me at least.

Eru is so enthusiastic as shit though, with the entire mechas and his interests being too much xD and I like him though, despite the beginning he was a fucking idiot with that accident.

As for the action and animation, it was fine to good, all depends on the scenes and I think this saves people a lot of stress at least for a bit. It isn't a great start but for an introduction it was decent to good to me.

Btw, That Opening from Fhana is SOOO GOOD. <3
Jul 2, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
When Kurata spoke for the first time that really caught me off guard. And his death could have easily been avoided. Seriously, the distance between him and the car was ridiculous, even if it did seem to be going pretty fast. Oh well, he had to be reincarnated to another world somehow.

Seeing source material readers gripe about how this single episode covered almost an entire volume doesn't get my hopes up for any sort of good story development. Eh, I wasn't really expecting that from this in the first place, if anything it should be good mindless entertainment, but from the time it was first announced I expected it to be a subpar isekai show.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 2, 2017 10:39 AM
Jan 2017
This show wasn't a massive gamble, but so far it's off to a good start. Ernesti, to me, is a more cheerful version of Lux Arcadia and comes off as a likeable protagonist. The expositions about the Silhouette Knights and the demon beasts offer a very good explanation about the setting, helped by the strong music and the beautiful backgrounds. This show definitely shapes up to be a keeper.
Jul 2, 2017 10:42 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was was rushed more than I was expecting but it's nothing too bad if you ask me

It managed to capture the characters well enough and the visuals are good to go along with the action scenes so I'm not upset at all
Jul 2, 2017 10:43 AM

Sep 2016
another anime with cringe sub I guess with all the onee-sama and eru-kun translation
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 2, 2017 10:49 AM

Aug 2015
I agree that the pacing is really fast, i read the manga and this show jump from chapter 1 to 9 in just 1 episodes and i'm just like "woah woah woah, wtf happened here...."

But hey, i get to see my Ernesti in action so thats something :p
Zech49Jul 2, 2017 10:54 AM
Jul 2, 2017 10:52 AM

Jun 2013
The pacing was too fast >,<
Kitan~!
Jul 2, 2017 10:54 AM

May 2015
I lost interest. The manga felt better. I guess that's obvious.
EPISODE 1 = From Chapter 1 to 9 of manga + Skips and modifications.

Story coverage speed is insane. No character background development. Only Eru is the highlight even though he is not the only MC. The modifications to the story like they are able to glide using magic is ok but was too much overpowered. Exept Eru everyone else feels like a stranger.

Starting of the episode his life on earth, his voice and his adult life character doesn't fit. And later I felt like what was he doing in his last moments just standing and staring at the car like that. Humans have adrenaline and they boost our physical strength to its maximum when we are in danger. Guess that doest exist in anime world.
AnimeCruizerJul 2, 2017 11:06 AM
Jul 2, 2017 11:22 AM

Nov 2014
Decent start, but I feel like they really rushed the details. For instance, as to how the MC built up his powers prior to entering Elementary School from what I have gotten from the details. It makes him seem like he's an OP piece of work fresh out of the front gate.
Jul 2, 2017 11:24 AM
Aug 2008
Way to fast in my opinion. i felt like i glided over everything without getting caught on it. as one of the most important things is the story of him i find it fast forward and removed to much info. will still watch it tho.
Jul 2, 2017 11:31 AM

Jun 2014
I usually don't like to watch mech animes. But this is actually quite good.
Jul 2, 2017 11:37 AM
Aug 2012
Why studios bother to adapt something if they are going to rush and change the actual material in the first place? 3/4 of Volume 1 in 1 episode? Seriously? Is it that hard to adapt something properly?

Since they are making facfictions instead of adaptations they should probably advertise it as such.

Jul 2, 2017 11:50 AM

Jan 2014
the animation and the CG looks fine, Ernesti so cute but he's a boy. WHY?! WHY?!
the only problem is the story, isn't it way too fast?
aren't they jumping from 1 volume to another as fast as Flash run?

i hope it wont be as bad as Taimadou Gakuen, sigh.

VonatraJul 2, 2017 12:06 PM
Jul 2, 2017 11:54 AM
Sep 2013
Don't know about the source material but i don't mind the pacing for the first EP at all :
I mean what the point of taking 4 episodes out of 12 to start the story of this kind of show anyway, at least we get it :

MC is a genius (with some reincarnation bullshit but why not), he has 2 best friends which he trained himself & his personnal blacksmith yay. And there is some big bad evil monster incoming.

That's fine for a first episode really and quite clear (don't understand why people are "lost", there is litteraly 0 bullshit covering plot stuff) now we can move on the good story (I hope).
Jul 2, 2017 12:02 PM
Jul 2017
I got to agree about that the story was going faster, than it should and it feels like a preview episode of the anime. But the animation is done very good, also the CGI does work well with the story.

Still it's feelings like the cutting the story short will kill the anime, and stop the novel's writer from writing more of the story
Jul 2, 2017 12:10 PM
Apr 2017
Smudy said:
That's how he died? Uhhhhh....move out of the way, maybe?

As generic as it can get with the exception of robots being involved. Everything went way too fast and my attention already was lost.

I'll probably drop this since Saturday is really packed again, therefore shows from there will end up a sunday watch and this just doesn't look engaging to me.

If you are not into Mecha and more into ecchi/loli anime, that explains it.

For a Mecha and this Season in general it was a really good start.
So far one of the better ones and one of the only 3 i would watch this season
Jul 2, 2017 12:11 PM

Feb 2016
The pace was extremely fast, so it was an amount of 9 manga episodes? that's insane!

tho, the other half felt well, pretty generic setting, but at least the MC isn't your typical crybaby, at least for now
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 2, 2017 12:11 PM
May 2009
WTF? They just burned through most of volume 1 in just 20 minutes, and I thought the manga was rushing things. Talk about a bummer. Now I'm nervous about how they'll be adapting future volumes. It also seems like it'd be a miracle if this gets more than 12 episodes.

CGI is meh, I was hoping for better but this is 8bit we're talking about. Also who was the idiot that directed the VA to talk like that in the Japan scenes. That voice was so out of place, especially when the MC sounded almost normal in comparison when he was gushing over the Gunpla.

This is making me super nervous.
Jul 2, 2017 12:16 PM

Jan 2017
From someone who has not read the manga, I found the beginning part of how he died to be really fast paced. I was like "woah, well that happened"

The rest of the episode was at a much more comfortable pace for a first episode. This is my first rodeo with mecha anime and it's not too bad. The animation could be better but it's still nice.

May give this one some more chances, we'll see how episode 2 plays out
Jul 2, 2017 12:17 PM
Jan 2016
the MC must have been really dumb or something as he just stood there like he was hypnotized by flipping death and when he became a kid it was also a bit jarring as at first i thought he take over the kid body but apparently he was just reincarnated which why since it that wouldn't he know about most of this stuff already it just seem really off and the directing on that scene was just kinda confusing.

thought the design of the shota MC is cute along with the dwarf kid but beside that a lot of the design of characters just seem flat and the mecha design feel a bit out a place as they look a bit too modern in design for a fantasy setting but they don't bother me too much nor does the CG. the biggest problem is the pacing and how we get "introduced" to most of the characters it just way to fast and brief to really form an attachment with anyone it would have really helped if the held back on the expostion and just let us actually get to know something about the characters or just show us how the world works and functions.

best thing i can really say is the animation was good but i'm probably going to drop this one.
Jul 2, 2017 12:24 PM
Feb 2012
R.I.P Shinpachi glasses and all
Jul 2, 2017 12:43 PM

Apr 2010
Not sure why but this episode was really rushed, have not read the LN but i did read past of the manga and they have more then enough material to anime.
But by rushing so much they skipped some things which might be useful to know for future episodes.

that being said they did a nice job animating this it looked nice.
Jul 2, 2017 12:44 PM
Apr 2015
so is no one going to speak on how megumin's VA literally acted in some of the most popular isekai anime in the past recent years
Jul 2, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
I read the first volume of the light novel and thought that I would pick this up with a friend, cause I liked the LN. Long story short Friend didn't even understand what the fuck was going on and who the maincharacter was.

toru_Mar 4, 2018 12:10 PM
Jul 2, 2017 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
What a mix of terrible and fun. Will they ever address the horrible origin where he has taken over a 9 year old boy's body? I guess we're just supposed to assume the kid died in the wagon without a scratch on him and so the body was "free"? LOL, oh well, mecha and fantasy, lets see where this leads...
Jul 2, 2017 1:09 PM

Sep 2013
Episode felt a bit rushed with some large info dumping. Plus, my expectations felt a bit betrayed, but that would be my fault for a lack of research on this.

Jul 2, 2017 1:11 PM

Feb 2015
Fist ep was better than expected. The animation and CGI was pretty solid. I don't like the MC ambiguous looks (please if its a boy make him look like a boy). The pacing was alos super quick but it was still enjoyable, enough for me to stick with it.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

52 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

77 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

89 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

41 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

58 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.