Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 3, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, Candy Candy...

We got another strange girl with a strange ability. I kinda like how this show gives a diverse range of abilities to certain characters. Still, being trapped in a marble must feel miserable.

Interesting episode though, I kinda like how the cases in this show explore different kinds of supernatural events.
May 3, 2017 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
Time back to when they were just invited to join the club. A girl who fell unconscious and went into a small b-dama. An ability to get into glass unconsciously. Very peaceful ep. in order to get her out.

A girl who believes of being a good girl is a beauty used the ability because something went wrong (missed the bus and skipped the ceremony) and feels guilty.

Yui-chan's character again next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 3, 2017 10:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Seems like this episode was a flashback.....Either way it was slow but I enjoyed it
May 3, 2017 10:34 AM

Jun 2015
That girl had a strange ability. Being trapped inside shiny objects makes her world appear upside down. Her situation was solved.
May 3, 2017 10:38 AM

Aug 2016
Another wonderfull episode, really enjoyed it!
Nanika ga Okashii
May 3, 2017 10:45 AM

Dec 2014
I was a little lost in the beginning when the episode started out showing almost zero relation to the previous one but I guess this story took place before the last one.

Nice that they saved the girl.

All that said, I'm still not really feeling this series.
May 3, 2017 10:45 AM

Sep 2011
I think this was the worst episode yet, the conflict was so unfulfilling and actually boring to watch unfold. This really felt like it was meant to only be half an episode long but they drew it out for the entirety of a single episode.

The show had been improving after the first episode because its concepts of how the different abilities offset the other and the cause different outcomes, this episode had none of that. It'd be better if there was anything going on in this episode of worth but there simply wasnt and the pacing really turned what was probably just an inoffensive short plotline into a bad episode.

The show needs to improve and fast.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 3, 2017 10:58 AM

Jan 2015
The "official" start of the High School Service Club I guess?. And it doesn't need to wait long for the Club to get a case.
Aahh Logic. Feels good.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 3, 2017 10:58 AM

Aug 2013
Slow but enjoyable. It was interesting how Kei helped the girl.

May 3, 2017 11:19 AM
Jun 2015
Sera can't handle breaking the rules that she rather view the world upside down so she can have perfect attendance. Sera is too innocent, She cried over a lolipop! I hope Kei actually did save her because if she is one lolipop away from being trapped in a marble who knows what will happen if she gets deflowered in the future. She has the worse ability by far in this anime, at least the others have practical uses for their ability.
May 3, 2017 11:30 AM

Dec 2014
Not sure why they went with an episode set in the past; the story wasn't good either. It seems like a step backwards, after the case about the cat..Next week should interesting instead.
May 3, 2017 11:46 AM

Jun 2014
So this episode seems to take place before the events of the previous couple of episodes? It was pretty boring tbh hopefully next episode is better.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 3, 2017 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
Interesting episode.
May 3, 2017 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
Odd choice to go backwards in time to when the Service Club was formed, and I can only assume there was a good reason to show this story despite it not seeming especially interesting, given that this is a mystery show. Mind you, if that is the case I'm not even close to connecting the dots at this point, although I suppose that's to be expected at this point in a 2-cour series.
May 3, 2017 11:50 AM

Nov 2016
Slow paced episode, but it was decent even though it felt more episodic than the previous ones.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2017 12:23 PM

Jul 2015
A slow episode and the end was kind of cheap, i mean i thought after all the trouble that Kei went thru to find the girl's ability and how it was triggered, they could make her to come out of that marble and didn't need to use the reset ability but still, it was fine.

May 3, 2017 1:51 PM

May 2015
A boring episode honestly. This show's been up and down honestly for me (mostly down), so I hope it'll get better soon, since it's 2-cour.

May 3, 2017 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Mascera said:
The "official" start of the High School Service Club I guess?. And it doesn't need to wait long for the Club to get a case.
Aahh Logic. Feels good.
This part triggered me really hard. I'm pretty sure most people didn't notice this logic failure (well actually it's more like a POV failure, but fundamentally they still failed), and keep pretending dialogues are deep and *insert praiseful adjective extracted from elitist anime reviews*.
May 3, 2017 2:29 PM

Jul 2015
Beatrice-KF said:
Mascera said:
Aahh Logic. Feels good.
This part triggered me really hard. I'm pretty sure most people didn't notice this logic failure (well actually it's more like a POV failure, but fundamentally they still failed), and keep pretending dialogues are deep and *insert praiseful adjective extracted from elitist anime reviews*.

What do mean by logic failure? The logic makes sense, i mean she was standing in front of the clock and the picture of the clock looks upside down in the marble(concave side of it) , she really wanted that clock to be true and wished for it and transferred into the world of that picture but in there the picture is correct and the clock is showing the right time.
May 3, 2017 3:13 PM

Jul 2010
Let's put optic physics aside, because physics don't apply to magic and supernatural phenomenon. If there really was a mirrored world, and she swapped with her image, she would either keep her orientation and appear reversed outside the marble (and from her POV, everything would be reversed when looking around her, whereas looking though the marble again would seemingly display the original orientation), or she would also swap her orientation and become reversed inside it (thus everything would look exactly like before, as she is trying to state here). But there is no image of her outside the marble, her real body is positioned indifferently from the body in the marble, so we have to assume there is no world in the marble and she's just projecting her POV inside it and looking outside (the narration actually hinted strongly at this possibility). The clock outside the marble is indeed upside-down from the point of view of the reversed world.
May 3, 2017 3:17 PM

Oct 2015
Kei has really subtle ways to solve these problems. I like that. The way he always carefully thinks about the details and how he can subtly intervene the situations is kinda fascinating.
May 3, 2017 3:19 PM

Jan 2013
This timeline is confusing me a bit.
Decent episode, not as exciting as the previous arc.
May 3, 2017 3:56 PM

Feb 2016
interesting ability, hmmm

looks like the next arc is going to be really good from what I saw on the preview
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 3, 2017 4:08 PM

Sep 2011
Beatrice-KF said:
Mascera said:
Aahh Logic. Feels good.
what are you even talking about exactly? What logic failure and what does eletism have to do with anything?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 3, 2017 6:32 PM
Mar 2011
Timeline confusing, too slow, I'm seriously thinking of dropping this show. :/
May 3, 2017 8:42 PM
Jan 2017
It's kinda sad how a girl feels she should escape into a fake world as a way to distract herself from her narrow obedience to rules. The show really gives off a good combination of supernatural events and mundane problems. Also, I think the Bureau has a secret plan for Kei and Misora.
May 3, 2017 10:18 PM

Sep 2015
This felt like a boring episode
May 3, 2017 11:47 PM
Jun 2015
Beatrice-KF said:
Mascera said:
Aahh Logic. Feels good.
Its not a logic failure, its more likely you had a brain fart. If both the clock and person are upside down than it is right side up for the upside down person viewing the upside down clock.
May 3, 2017 11:55 PM
Jun 2011
so the next episode is about a witch and it 3 parts arc. witch might be an intresting arc
May 3, 2017 11:57 PM
Jun 2011
JizzyHitler said:
I think this was the worst episode yet, the conflict was so unfulfilling and actually boring to watch unfold. This really felt like it was meant to only be half an episode long but they drew it out for the entirety of a single episode.

The show had been improving after the first episode because its concepts of how the different abilities offset the other and the cause different outcomes, this episode had none of that. It'd be better if there was anything going on in this episode of worth but there simply wasnt and the pacing really turned what was probably just an inoffensive short plotline into a bad episode.

i think this episode fely like the worst becouse unlike the outhers this was only one episode. at least next episode we will 3 part arc about a witch
May 4, 2017 1:42 AM
Oct 2016
I was a little confused at the start because I didn't know when or where everything was happening, but turns out (I think) this is kind of like a side story that may or may not contribute to the plot.
bread is yummy
May 4, 2017 2:39 AM

Jul 2015
Beatrice-KF said:
Let's put optic physics aside, because physics don't apply to magic and supernatural phenomenon. If there really was a mirrored world, and she swapped with her image, she would either keep her orientation and appear reversed outside the marble (and from her POV, everything would be reversed when looking around her, whereas looking though the marble again would seemingly display the original orientation), or she would also swap her orientation and become reversed inside it (thus everything would look exactly like before, as she is trying to state here). But there is no image of her outside the marble, her real body is positioned indifferently from the body in the marble, so we have to assume there is no world in the marble and she's just projecting her POV inside it and looking outside (the narration actually hinted strongly at this possibility). The clock outside the marble is indeed upside-down from the point of view of the reversed world.

Tnx for the reply, I get what you mean and now it kind of makes sense, but still i think what anime was trying to say is more simple than that.

The image of the clock was reversed in the marble when she looked at it from the outside, she wanted "that clock" and wished for it and transferred into the image world and her orientation reversed (from the outside perspective) to matched that world.
Then she looked at that "same image of the clock" (not the real one) and now from her perspective the clock was showing the right time and that's why she said "If im upside-down(from the outside POV) and i look at the upside-down clock(again from outside POV), then it isn't upside-down to me(from my POV)!"
John_MaxMay 4, 2017 2:47 AM
May 4, 2017 5:52 AM

May 2016
Action is really slow but HEY! we have 20 episode left. It's gonna be gud
May 4, 2017 6:27 AM

May 2009
I'm hoping there's a significant reason as to why they did a flashback this time. Anyway, still a good episode... I guess.

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
May 4, 2017 8:54 AM

Aug 2012
the story went back to when they started highschool. i hope there is a reason why they presented it this way instead of normal chronology. maybe they reset again this time but they were able to go back way further... kei should remember if they did though but no hint to that this ep. hmmm

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
May 4, 2017 9:41 AM

Jul 2014
I like this kind of episodes, I really enjoyed it. The girl definitely has a strange ability.
May 4, 2017 10:39 AM

Apr 2010
So another girl that needed help and this time in breaking the rules it seems.
It was interesting to watch but not the best episode to be honest, it was somewhat uneventful and lacking a bit.
Still it was nice of them to solve the issue.
May 4, 2017 11:46 AM

Sep 2012
JizzyHitler said:

Apparently from what I heard from someone who read the LN. This actually shows up more later in the LN as a single off chapter. What I assume the director wanted to do was just to show something uneventful before the real stuff that's about to happen. The 3 part arc is one of best from what I heard too.
May 4, 2017 12:15 PM
Jul 2013
Okay this was the first episode I actually understood everything. A nice peaceful episode
May 4, 2017 1:22 PM

Jul 2010
@JizzyHitler
Elitism has to do with the fact that they can eat whatever nonsense dialogue you want, and when you point out that it doesn't make sense, they say you're just too stupid to understand the deepness of the thing. Or the logic. Or both.

@15poundfish
Just like that. Some people say I have a brain fart because I don't understand that reverse * reverse = normal, but my point is the girl is reversed while the clock is not, because there is no "flip world" (she didn't swap places with her reflection), so she has to look at the clock outside.

@John_Max
Well sure, if you invoke "shut up it's magic and it works like that in the end" then okay, it's simple and I'm just bickering too much. But given the importance of the fact that she didn't get satisfied with the result of her ability, I just couldn't stand how they pile up fuzzy dialogues for that. There is also another detail about this marble, she tells the MC that the images of the reflection are warped, and this is important because she's trying to escape her respect-the-rules craze. A warped world is unruly, so it's another reason to activate her ability. Yet they don't mention how warped the world appears to her, is it warped twice, inversely warped, or straight ? Do they care for this other detail in the LN ?
May 4, 2017 1:33 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was so chill. And whilst things didn't feel that important, I get the feeling that it still will have some significance in the overall scheme of things.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 4, 2017 4:27 PM

Jul 2015
Beatrice-KF said:
@John_Max
Well sure, if you invoke "shut up it's magic and it works like that in the end" then okay, it's simple and I'm just bickering too much. But given the importance of the fact that she didn't get satisfied with the result of her ability, I just couldn't stand how they pile up fuzzy dialogues for that. There is also another detail about this marble, she tells the MC that the images of the reflection are warped, and this is important because she's trying to escape her respect-the-rules craze. A warped world is unruly, so it's another reason to activate her ability. Yet they don't mention how warped the world appears to her, is it warped twice, inversely warped, or straight ? Do they care for this other detail in the LN ?

Well its true that she was tired of following the rules and she loved the view from marble because it was warped but in the end this was never enough to trigger her ability and whats triggered it, was actually her true emotions for being good and going after that pure thing and this was related to the stuff about the clock and how it was reversed.
I think that's why they didn't went into too much detail about the quality of the image world and just focused on the reverse aspect.
Also im haven't read the LN and im an anime only so im not sure how it was shown in LN.

May 4, 2017 4:52 PM

Jun 2010
I admit that the chapters are a little slow, but they are still as good as ever, especially when they discover the mystery behind the powers.
May 4, 2017 5:22 PM
Jun 2015
Beatrice-KF said:

@15poundfish
Just like that. Some people say I have a brain fart because I don't understand that reverse * reverse = normal, but my point is the girl is reversed while the clock is not, because there is no "flip world" (she didn't swap places with her reflection), so she has to look at the clock outside.

Sera's ability projects herself and views the perspective of a reflected marble. The clock appears upside down because that is how it would appear from perspective of the reflected marble. Kei and Tsushima comment early on the episode that her ability is not a flipped world or that she is actually in the marble. Sera's comment about being upside down while looking at the upside down clock is just making a point that her escaping into the perspective of the reflected marble was fruitless in the end.
15poundfishMay 4, 2017 5:28 PM
May 4, 2017 5:27 PM

Mar 2009
"omg if I eat a lollipop on school grounds I'm breaking the rules! MUH PURITY!"
What the hell is this stupid show?

Most boring anime this season: Sakurada Reset or Re:Creators?
May 4, 2017 7:27 PM

Aug 2016
Deep as fuck episode. So pure yet so dark. Deym son!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 4, 2017 8:38 PM

May 2015
Well, this went from below-average (episodes 1-2) to average (episodes 3-4) to a below-average again (episode 5).

So far this has been a pretty lackluster series. The core concept has potential, but I feel it's being wasted... Maybe the problem lies in the directing and script and not the source.

Anyhow, I'm still planning on giving it until episode 12 (halfway mark) before I decided what to do with it (that should be enough time for it to improve).

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
May 4, 2017 9:44 PM

Oct 2012
There must have been a way to tone down these god-awful dialogues.
May 4, 2017 10:52 PM

May 2016
•So this was a flashback from when they start the club huh?
•A somewhat useless yet interesting ability…
•Honestly Sera was a character that i could relate to (Im a kinda obssess with keeping the "order" sometimes) but i would never cry over eating a candy in school grounds for god's sake
•The long dialogues ughhh.I honestly think that Shaft suits better when it comes to scenes having long dialogues because they can put crazy (gorgeous) imagery that fits the situation and not bore the audience or i just prefer Shaft's Style overall.

>Next arc is about witches

Witches you say?
May 5, 2017 12:15 AM

Dec 2013
zero-r said:
Maybe the problem lies in the directing and script and not the source.
Isn't the author of the VN working with the director? They're on the staff page.
AstrosMay 5, 2017 12:20 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2017

57 by Ectonuryt »»
Aug 4, 2023 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.