Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2016 1:07 PM
Jan 2016
I'm a fan of sad anime sometimes. It's depend on my mood. But the aftertaste of the sad anime really hard to swallow. I had a friend that really love to watch sad and emotional anime. I don't really get why some people like it. So here I'm want to ask your opinion why you prefer sad anime? Is it because you feel sad? Is it you want a good cry?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 28, 2016 1:09 PM

Jul 2015
Cuz they give you the feelz and are very memorable .I like tragic stories .

I avoid romantic tragedies tho .Too bad 4 my heart .

SodiumChlorideJan 28, 2016 1:12 PM
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 28, 2016 1:16 PM

Jan 2015
I prefer East asian drama japanese cartoon tho. I dunno if its sad but welp its drama
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jan 28, 2016 1:17 PM

Jul 2015
drama is my favorite genre
i dont know why i just love tragedies
Jan 28, 2016 1:18 PM
Jan 28, 2016 1:22 PM

Sep 2015
To get emotional over a sad anime you really need to get connected to the characters. It may be harder to develop such a deep connection from action/happy anime that have no tragedy behind it. Sad anime may just leave a stronger lasting impression on the viewer than non-sad ones. I dunno.
Jan 28, 2016 1:22 PM

Nov 2008
I love getting the feelz however I DON'T love tragic endings.

*stares at faves*

*Half have tragic endings*

................well, goddamnit.

Jan 28, 2016 1:23 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Because its fun watching anime characters suffering.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 28, 2016 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
I would rather cringe from emotional impact than from tasteless humour.
Jan 28, 2016 1:25 PM

Feb 2013
im 2 happy so sad anime balance well with my life

DatRandomDude said:
otherwise, basically this^
Jan 28, 2016 1:27 PM

Apr 2015
I love seeing tragedies, especially when they're involving little kids, I love watching those kids getting mature or otherwise insane during their emotional turbulence.
Jan 28, 2016 1:30 PM

Aug 2015
I like sad anime because it allows me to feel intense emotion. I love stories that convey emotion, whether it be sadness, happiness, love, excitement, fear, relaxation, or anticipation, because in recent times I've found it hard to feel any of these emotions in real life. So I turn to fiction.
Jan 28, 2016 1:30 PM

Dec 2012
It can invoke profound emotions and certainly has a degree of romanticism to it. I think being heartbroken over a sad anime is proof of how much those characters meant to me as well. Ultimately, however, I prefer anime that can make me cry out of sheer happiness.
Jan 28, 2016 1:32 PM
Jan 2016
HecticLeo said:
To get emotional over a sad anime you really need to get connected to the characters. It may be harder to develop such a deep connection from action/happy anime that have no tragedy behind it. Sad anime may just leave a stronger lasting impression on the viewer than non-sad ones. I dunno.

I think for an action anime that have tragedy and romance include will give stronger impact on viewer. I have watched certain anime like that that leave me empty

DatRandomDude said:

LOL Then you should watched anime with psychological genre. Suit you better ;)
Jan 28, 2016 1:36 PM

Jan 2016
I guess it depends on the person. In my case I don't usually look for sad animes but in case I do watch one I do hope it doesn't have a sad/tragic ending despite its development having that tone.
Jan 28, 2016 1:38 PM

Sep 2015
MightyRoos said:
HecticLeo said:

I think for an action anime that have tragedy and romance include will give stronger impact on viewer. I have watched certain anime like that that leave me empty

True, true. I haven't watched many shows so I haven't come across too many that incorporate the two but for me I feel the effect strong on anime that fully dedicates itself to be a tear jerker compared to shows that have both qualities. Could just be that I haven't stumbled upon any good shows that utilize both genres effectively yet.
Jan 28, 2016 1:47 PM

Oct 2012
I don't particularly prefer sad anime but yes, I like to get emotional.
Jan 28, 2016 2:01 PM

Aug 2015
I like watching something that I can relate.. sometimes. Only few anime made me so emotional after watching it.

- Clannad AS
- 5cm per second
- White Album 2
Jan 28, 2016 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
Uhm... I think that when anime makes you cry or makes your skin crawl, it's doing very well (normally).
Jan 28, 2016 2:25 PM

Dec 2015
Sad anime that evoke powerful emotions can be good sometimes, but I think mostly elitists enjoy sad endings, because they are "better" or "more realistic" than a happy ending. I think this is ridiculous, quite honestly. I couldn't imagine reading a F/SN where Sakura doesn't have her happy ending.
Jan 28, 2016 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
I definitely enjoy them. I think their story can pack a lot of emotion into them. I just like it when an anime can really make me feel like I'm in that situation or at least get me thinking of it.

When I see a sad anime I like it when the ending isn't forced to be happy. Sure it if it fits then I'm fine but some just seem like a sad ending was what would have gone best, in my opinion.
Jan 28, 2016 5:59 PM

Jan 2013
RedTie said:
I definitely enjoy them. I think their story can pack a lot of emotion into them. I just like it when an anime can really make me feel like I'm in that situation or at least get me thinking of it.

When I see a sad anime I like it when the ending isn't forced to be happy. Sure it if it fits then I'm fine but some just seem like a sad ending was what would have gone best, in my opinion.

I prefer my anime to have both.

The low points feel so very low when it's got high points too.

The Legend of the legendary Heroes had that moment twice when Ryner went to jail and later on when he and Sion had their drama.

Eureka 7's low point of Renton feeling pathetic and unneeded running away from Gekkou State had more impact on me than anything in Elfen Lied.
Jan 28, 2016 8:25 PM

Sep 2013
I'm always feeling awesome so once a year I make it a point to watch something sad in order to confirm I'm still capable of feeling emotions and that I have not been turned into a narcissistic robot.
There's no need for all this tension.
Jan 28, 2016 9:20 PM

Jan 2015
Maybe they are sad people in real life or something.
Jan 28, 2016 10:52 PM

Jul 2009
Sometimes I just need a good cry. A series that breaks my heart is kinda therapeutic to me tbh.
Jan 28, 2016 11:53 PM
Jan 2016
soundsfrombeyond said:
I like sad anime because it allows me to feel intense emotion. I love stories that convey emotion, whether it be sadness, happiness, love, excitement, fear, relaxation, or anticipation, because in recent times I've found it hard to feel any of these emotions in real life. So I turn to fiction.

That exactly the same why I prefer sad anime. In real life, I hardly stumble on sad moment. I just want to feel it within my heart as anime really bring out any emotion that I couldn't get in real life. It not like I'm sick or what but I just want to grasp the emotion. And shed a tear sometime
Jan 28, 2016 11:56 PM

Jan 2016
There's still beauty and humanity in shows that will invoke sad emotions out of you. That's why I watch it sometimes.
Jan 29, 2016 12:24 AM

May 2015
We in the West have an obsession with grimdark recently. That may explain why we're into the whole sadness-darkness-pain thing in anime, too.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jan 29, 2016 1:27 AM

Feb 2013
Ever think about sad shit when you're crying, just to make yourself cry some more?

When I'm down I'll watch sad anime/ listen to sad music, just so I can get a taste of my lowest low, to remind myself of how much better it is to be at my highest high. (:
Jan 29, 2016 1:33 AM

Dec 2012
DarkFatalKnight said:
Maybe they are sad people in real life or something.

it's the opposite,sad people watch happy stuff that will never happen to them like me while happy people with boring lives need melodrama and angst
Jan 29, 2016 1:38 AM

Dec 2015
Idk ssince I like anime with more comedy then sad, maybe they like to get emotional and memorable of it
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Jan 29, 2016 1:41 AM

Jul 2014
"Why do people like this"

"Why do people like that"

"I dont get why people like that"

Bruh, how many threads like this are we gonna get, its called people liking other shit and having preferences, every human being is different, can people not wrap there head around that?
Jan 29, 2016 1:50 AM

Jan 2014
I don't really like sad anime, I prefer heartwarming than tearjerking. I rate anohana & angel beats 6 while rate natsume yuujinchou & bunny drop 9
Jan 29, 2016 1:51 AM

Apr 2015
I enjoy sad anime but not a tragic ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2016 2:15 AM

Dec 2015
chokingasuka said:

Bruh, how many threads like this are we gonna get, its called people liking other shit and having preferences, every human being is different, can people not wrap there head around that?

it's not the bad thing to question it you know...
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Jan 29, 2016 3:27 AM

Jan 2014
Joy4ever said:
chokingasuka said:

it's not the bad thing to question it you know...

Agree, it's fun to discuss this................
Jan 30, 2016 2:39 PM

Nov 2013
It's nice when a thing can genuinely make me care about the characters and the world they're in. Most of the time they muck it up (HxH).
Jan 30, 2016 2:45 PM

Nov 2014
They are emos and looking for a show to cut themselves.

Jan 30, 2016 2:45 PM

Jan 2016
Well I personally love sad animes. It's like if you had a bad life, you are used to it, and in some point you like it, because it reminds you of your life.
I pretty much love romance drama animes. And my life was pretty f***ing bad.
And some people like it when they get to care about the characters, and drama animes are the best at making you care.
All i want in life is a yandere girlfriend and anime.
Jan 30, 2016 2:46 PM

Mar 2015
diversity is good thing you know. i can get bored watching comedy everyday.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 30, 2016 6:37 PM
Jul 2015
I don't know. To me, those people are weird. Life is shitty enough as it is, why would anyone want to become even sadder? ...meh that's just my point of view, everyone is free to do whatever the heck he wants
Jan 30, 2016 6:43 PM

Aug 2015
They got the feelz and you are likely to remember them for awhile. I'm watching Ballad of a Shinigami, and its pretty sad; but I'm enjoying it.

orario_ said:
I don't know. To me, those people are weird. Life is shitty enough as it is, why would anyone want to become even sadder? ...meh that's just my point of view, everyone is free to do whatever the heck he wants

Sad but true.
Jan 30, 2016 11:10 PM

May 2015
chokingasuka said:

What a boring place we live in, when we're not allowed to ask why people do what they do. I think it's important to understand others.
Jan 30, 2016 11:40 PM

Jan 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:
chokingasuka said:

What a boring place we live in, when we're not allowed to ask why people do what they do. I think it's important to understand others.

Interesting point of view, but as you can see in this thread, then alot and I mean alot of people have different opinions on this subject. In my opinion I am just watching any genre anime, including the sad ones. Thus it feels like I have no time to watch all the anime ever made. I've even started watching Studio Ghibli's anime from scratch, anyway my point is different, it's hard to just group people who likes dramatic/sad movies/anime.
Jan 31, 2016 5:15 AM

May 2015
Nikechu said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Interesting point of view, but as you can see in this thread, then alot and I mean alot of people have different opinions on this subject. In my opinion I am just watching any genre anime, including the sad ones. Thus it feels like I have no time to watch all the anime ever made. I've even started watching Studio Ghibli's anime from scratch, anyway my point is different, it's hard to just group people who likes dramatic/sad movies/anime.

Sure, but what's the point of not listening to other people's opinions and why they like something? Maybe they can show you something you missed? Maybe you'll just get something interesting to think about?

The whole point of communication is exchanging thoughts and ideas.
Jan 31, 2016 6:25 AM

Jan 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:
Nikechu said:

Sure, but what's the point of not listening to other people's opinions and why they like something? Maybe they can show you something you missed? Maybe you'll just get something interesting to think about?

The whole point of communication is exchanging thoughts and ideas.

Exactly, I have my own thoughts about some things, but I really like to listen to some other opinions. Maybe there is something i don't like, just because I missed a point in it and someone shows me what did I miss.
Jan 31, 2016 6:45 AM

May 2015
I'm a sucker for feels even though I hate tragic endings

For example, Toradora wasn't even sad but I became so emotionally attached to the characters that I felt sad watching it.. it was really weird

Another 10/10 show that is an emotional rollercoaster
Jan 31, 2016 6:46 AM

May 2015

For example, Toradora wasn't even sad but I became so emotionally attached to the characters that I felt sad watching it.. it was really weird

Jan 31, 2016 6:53 AM

Jan 2016
ZRoT said:

I'm actually a heartless bastard, the death of my family members means nothing to me, but when my fav character dies I just get ultra sad. I don't know why, but only anime gets me. And if it's sad, it sure will get me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day?

RedTea33 - 6 hours ago

19 by alshu »»
58 seconds ago

» What does your waifu expect of you?

SgtBateMan - 28 minutes ago

5 by Anjuro »»
2 minutes ago

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only?

Iron_Leopard - 5 hours ago

17 by -BL0SS0M- »»
12 minutes ago

» Is flowing hair animation just poor man's gainaxing?

Catalano - Yesterday

9 by SgtBateMan »»
23 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - Yesterday

29 by alshu »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.