Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2018 4:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This got pretty crazy. Toppo's power shot through the roof after his transformation.

Frieza seemed more excited to fight him rather than scared though. But seriously, Toppo's power is scary to recognize (17 knows well at this point). However, I will say that Golden Frieza is incredibly strong and the fact that he struggled to stop one of Toppo's energy attacks showed how powerful he really is.

17 is the underdog in that fight imo but I got some mad respect for the guy at trying to win. Toppo's incredibly tough.
Jan 27, 2018 4:43 PM

Jan 2009
lol Freeza suffered so much against Toppo in God mode
Android 17 surprisingly is not yet taking heavy damage against monster Toppo eh
and next week Vegeta vs God mode Toppo that should be fun
Jan 27, 2018 4:44 PM

Aug 2014
Oh my GoD this was good. I expected so much from the preview and it delivered. Nice to see the streak of bad episodes ending.
Jan 27, 2018 4:55 PM

Sep 2016
RIP lizard, he got btfo'd so hard
I'm going to bet #17 going to get top 3 in this tournament ahead of toppo, freeza and vegeta.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 27, 2018 5:09 PM

Jan 2009
GangsterCat said:
I'm going to bet #17 going to get top 3 in this tournament ahead of toppo, freeza and vegeta.

Dragon Ball Heroes said to provide spoilers for Super, so here is the top 3 of this tournament arc (do not watch it if you hate spoilers though) - https://youtu.be/_I1cMNEUkhs

Jan 27, 2018 5:25 PM
Jan 2018
Toppo is a beast. Frieza got his b**h a**s destroyed.
Jan 27, 2018 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
17 easily the best character of this arc by far.
Jan 27, 2018 5:59 PM
Jul 2016
I thought Jiren would be the main problem for universe 7. It seems they have two OP people to withstand, now.
Jan 27, 2018 6:06 PM

Nov 2016
How stupid is Frieza actually? He's a disappointment so far,but that's Frieza for ya.

Toppos power ain't a joke. Props to my man 17 for withstanding him for so long, I'm so glad that they brought him back for this tournament. He's really a clever fighter and I love his lines.

FMmatronJan 27, 2018 7:52 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 27, 2018 6:18 PM

May 2009
This is a pretty exciting episode. Dragon Ball Super does not disappoint!

I remember looking at a title of an article a while back speculating whether Toppo is actually stronger than Jiren... Who knows. I wonder what Jiren has to do to up Toppo's God of Destruction form.

Can't wait for the remaining episodes of Dragon Ball Super. Even though I'm not a faithful watcher starting from the beginning of the series, I still enjoy the anime till the last second. :)
Jan 27, 2018 6:38 PM

May 2015
My god Freezer took an a$$whooping, damn!
Jan 27, 2018 6:54 PM
Dec 2014
If only buu was on the tournament.
Jan 27, 2018 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
Jesus Christ, that episode was amazing. It's in my top 5.

Toppo needs to be in fighterz
Jan 27, 2018 7:18 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder will Freiza actually cause Uni 7 to win because he's still on stage when time runs out lol

Geez calm down 17 fanboys from Toei. He is accomplishing more than Gohan and Freiza for a character who had 0 buildup.

Freiza clearly lost his mind this episode.
Jan 27, 2018 7:29 PM

Dec 2014
Frieza got wrecked. xD

Vegeta vs Toppo next should be really good.
Jan 27, 2018 7:38 PM

Sep 2017
Frieza got fired. I love 17 guts to fight a god.
#Respect
Jan 27, 2018 7:49 PM

Jun 2017
How nice to see Frieza suffer
Jan 27, 2018 7:50 PM

Jan 2018
I am loving the soundtracks that dragon ball super offer, my god!

GoD Toppo destroying the arena caught everyone’s attention, even Jiren stoped fighting.

Frieza got overwhelmed and 17 hanging in there but looks like Vegeta will be the one to do the job.

Awesome episode, can’t wait for more!!
Jan 27, 2018 8:17 PM

Apr 2016
Now this really looks like a finale.
My boy Frieza got his ass fucked, lmao.
Great episode.
Jan 27, 2018 8:53 PM

May 2015
FeelsGood to see frieze getting wrecked XD
Jan 27, 2018 9:01 PM
Dec 2016
Toppo went full full Brolly this episode. So ripped and buff.

Also I don't want to say poor freiza, but man frieza got wrecked. That punch to his stomach was amazing, it bent him in half. Jesus Toppo is a monster.

Also nice to see this episode call back to the cell arc. That ki beam collision and frieze attacking Toppo from behind like the Z warriors did to Cell.

17 has no chance, unless he uses all of his strength. He fought properly with SSB Goku, so if he goes higher, 17 might just be able to keep up with Toppo. Or he can pull a 16/ chiatzou and blow himself up.
Jan 27, 2018 9:13 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This was such an incredible intense episode! The second half of the episode was on full force with Toppo turning God of Destruction. And I really enjoyed seeing Frieza getting rekt, lol! xD Even 17 was so awesome because he hasn't lost his cool, and he's also very cautious in fighting against God Toppo. I'd say 17 is the coolest character from Team Universe 7. So much respect for this dude!

I couldn't contain my excitement and I'd love to see the next episode already! I had goosebumps watching this amazing episode, omg!
Jan 27, 2018 9:18 PM

Jul 2017
theres alot of people saying this episode is good but in my opinion this is just a continuous downward spiral into the mess that is dbs with its absurd power increases out of nowhere and plot points being pulled out of thin air, this anime is starting to be really convoluted to the point where i dont even understand whats happening half the time and when i do i'm getting upset about the writing and flops of ideas to keep the "hype" going, this episode is honestly a 1/5 as it embodies everything wrong this anime to this point.
gratifyyJan 27, 2018 9:22 PM
Jan 27, 2018 9:40 PM

Jul 2014
ayy lmao, frieza got disgraced pretty bad. I know he's still lurking there and he'll be back once again at the very end. I don't like the way how Toppo is just freely tossing out the destroy ball, like nigga that has the power to completely erase someone from existence, wouldn't that eliminate him anyway if he were supposed to hit No. 17 with that?
Jan 27, 2018 9:42 PM

Feb 2017
Jeez Toppo really gave Frieza a beat-down didn't he. So since that there's 5 mins left of the tournament, there's around 5 episodes for the Tournament of Power to end I'm guessing.

This episode cause me to find this good gif.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jan 27, 2018 9:43 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Wow Toppo is a monster. He's the Braun Strowman of the WWE. Frieza and 17 did well and gave Toppo a good battle but after he transformed it's been one sided for GoD Toppo. Shades of Namek as well as Frieza reappered like when he did on Namek post Genki Dama.
Toppo destroyed Frieza, like effortlessly, he's in another level. Kudos to 17 for not backing down, he's doing well to stall time but for how long. And thus we reached the famous 5 minutes, from here on out they will indeed feel like an eternity lol

Honestly, I like that they are giving 17 lots of focus as well. We've seen Gohan fight plenty of times but 17 very little so it's cool to see him hang in there with the big dogs even if the power difference is vast.

Seems like Vegeta's new form or so is at the very least on par to Goku's SSB with KK. Overall, it was a fun episode. Honestly, who can stop Toppo now, Jiren alone is giving Goku/Vegeta a challenge and now Toppo is going full GoD level.

Jan 27, 2018 10:02 PM

Feb 2013
gratifyy said:
theres alot of people saying this episode is good but in my opinion this is just a continuous downward spiral into the mess that is dbs with its absurd power increases out of nowhere and plot points being pulled out of thin air, this anime is starting to be really convoluted to the point where i dont even understand whats happening half the time and when i do i'm getting upset about the writing and flops of ideas to keep the "hype" going, this episode is honestly a 1/5 as it embodies everything wrong this anime to this point.

All of what happened today was explained before. There's nothing wrong or convoluted about it. If you don't understand it, the problem is you.
Jan 27, 2018 10:03 PM

Sep 2011
God of Destruction Toppo has ARRIVED.

Toppo is a freaking gangster.
Jan 27, 2018 10:08 PM

Sep 2015
Yeah yeah show us your real form/fight now.

If they want they can just win this survival tournament already.

Just use 17 to destroy the arena AND HOVER using unlimited energy blast or any attack can give him enough power to hover... yeah 17 can't do any damage on Toppo and Jiren but he can destroy the destroyed arena because nobody can fly now.

Make Goku and Vegeta protect 17 while he destroy the arena or just ring out Toppo and let 17 fly as far he can using unlimited energy attack while Goku and Vegeta back fighting Jiren.

Oh wait if they do that they can't milk more money to watch something that already have ending for that battle.
Into the Internet!
Jan 27, 2018 10:18 PM
Jan 2018
Frezza sama is destroyed lol.. Who's going to be the last warrior to survive Goku or Frezza??
Jan 27, 2018 10:23 PM

Nov 2014
I feel like the tournament is gonna end with
Goku and Jiren knocking each other out at the same time
same with Vegeta and Toppo
and universe 7 wins cause they forgot that an unconscious Frieza is still in the ring lol
Jan 27, 2018 10:40 PM

May 2010
This episode did not make sense.

Toppo restrained himself in order not to kill Frieza so that he is not disqualified, but a few moments before he used the power of destruction against him...

He is also now more cruel and evil.
Jan 27, 2018 11:39 PM

Dec 2011
Dragon Super is on a roll and this episode as well was great.
I really can't see how Universe 7 will win this. Jiren and Toppo is just on another level to them and may be Frieza might be the key for them winning since he is not out yet.
Jan 28, 2018 12:29 AM
Jan 2010
I like how toppo completely discarded his previous character
I like how frieza can't stop jobbing
I like how they keep reminding us that the androids have unlimited power
Jan 28, 2018 12:53 AM

Sep 2014
Another messy episode. Toppo somehow can engulf his whole body with Hakai making him almost omnipotent. Then why no other god does that when he is fighting if this is so OP? Also, Toppo claims that he cannot kill Frieza due to disqualification reasons yet he throws a large Hakai ball against him which could actually kill him.
At least seeing Frieza getting beaten was amusing.
MonkeyDHunterJan 28, 2018 12:56 AM
Jan 28, 2018 1:04 AM

Oct 2014
Freeza remains the most entertaining part of Super so far. Overall a neat episode, BUT!

The rules continue to be absolutely meaningless.

Gods of Destruction weren't supposed to be allowed to fight in the tournament, so if Toppo is exactly like a God of Destruction in every way but the title, why didn't he get immediately disqualified when he tapped into that power? Why didn't he get disqualified for using Destruction, which has no other use in a fight but to kill? Why is he allowed to use ki flight now?

It was an interesting development, sure, but the fact that he completely violates so many rules takes all of the importance out of the established rules and in effect takes the wind out of the development itself. They tried to handwave it by having him be concerned that he'd be disqualified. Why the heck would he care at this point? He's already broken three rules, and even then, if nothing else matters but winning and his universe's survival, why care if he gets disqualified by killing Freeza? It's not like he's Cell, where Cell set up the rules himself and then decided to screw the rules because they were limiting and boring to him.

Meanwhile Jiren continues to just be stronk because stronk. Now he can deflect SSB Final Flash by just looking at it? Cooooomee onnnnn!
Jan 28, 2018 1:08 AM
Dec 2017
I wonder if Goku could maybe grab Jiren and then use instant translocation/transmission (depends what dub you grew up with) like he did with Cell to eliminate himself and Jiren at the same time or whether he can't do it because there's no energy source in the pit to lock onto. It would leave universe 7 with a 3 v 1 advantage
Jan 28, 2018 1:11 AM

May 2016
That was so fucking dope, what a great fight Toppo looks so bad ass in his new form, I can't wait for next week.
Jan 28, 2018 2:10 AM
Oct 2015
That Toppo transformation was sick, also I just can't see Jiren let alone Toppo falling off the ring, but since there are 5 minutes left I hope we get to see the final ultra instinct.
Heckle was here...
Jan 28, 2018 2:58 AM

Jan 2015
This was the best episode in DBS so far, and the action didn't even involve Goku or Vegeta.
Jan 28, 2018 3:05 AM

Jan 2018
I enjoy Dragon Ball for what it is, but goodness gracious, I just can't swallow this. Jiren was already too strong for his own good but now Toppo too??? It's bit a bit too ridiculous imo.

Good episode still.
Jan 28, 2018 4:03 AM

Feb 2013
Frieza was destroyed, he deserved it.
I thought that he would get to that level himself, too bad, but he is still in the tournament.
Jan 28, 2018 4:06 AM

Oct 2017
Predictions: Vegeta will go all out and provoke a destruction blast from Toppo, then power down and be disintegrated, disqualifying him through an act of self-sacrifice.
Jan 28, 2018 4:22 AM

Oct 2015
isekai said:
GangsterCat said:

Dragon Ball Heroes said to provide spoilers for Super, so here is the top 3 of this tournament arc (do not watch it if you hate spoilers though) - https://youtu.be/_I1cMNEUkhs

I'm not sure how true it is, since that trailer's been around since July or even earlier. At this point it has a chance, but it's not 100%.

---

Frieza is being cocky with a planet-destroyer technique, while Toppo just shoots a tiny dust of hakai-power, and completely destroys Frieza's attack.
I wonder how long Frieza's going to be sleeping in the ruins. I'm sure he'll make a comeback only in the finale. It would be a bit cheap if Goku and Jiren made a double knock out, and Frieza would be the only remaining on the stage.

Now it's going to be Toppo against Vegeta and maybe no.17. According to the preview, Vegeta is going to risk his life, but we can't see him doing anything life-risking there. It would be a good trigger for Goku to achieve the full-powered ultra instinct if Vegeta died. 6 episodes left, only 5 of them is about the tournament probably. We are really getting to that climax!
Jan 28, 2018 5:25 AM

Nov 2016
Damn, I was hoping Vegeta would also get close to God of Drestruction level and beat Toppo... :/
Jan 28, 2018 5:45 AM

Oct 2017
Damn, toppo is no joke. He brutalized frieza. That’s what frieza gets for being so cocky and arrogant. Hopefully, Android 17 can do something.
Jan 28, 2018 7:00 AM
Jun 2011
LuZeke said:
Freeza remains the most entertaining part of Super so far. Overall a neat episode, BUT!

The rules continue to be absolutely meaningless.

Gods of Destruction weren't supposed to be allowed to fight in the tournament, so if Toppo is exactly like a God of Destruction in every way but the title, why didn't he get immediately disqualified when he tapped into that power? Why didn't he get disqualified for using Destruction, which has no other use in a fight but to kill? Why is he allowed to use ki flight now?

It was an interesting development, sure, but the fact that he completely violates so many rules takes all of the importance out of the established rules and in effect takes the wind out of the development itself. They tried to handwave it by having him be concerned that he'd be disqualified. Why the heck would he care at this point? He's already broken three rules, and even then, if nothing else matters but winning and his universe's survival, why care if he gets disqualified by killing Freeza? It's not like he's Cell, where Cell set up the rules himself and then decided to screw the rules because they were limiting and boring to him.

Meanwhile Jiren continues to just be stronk because stronk. Now he can deflect SSB Final Flash by just looking at it? Cooooomee onnnnn!
topo is candidate for the next god of distraction
Jan 28, 2018 7:36 AM

Apr 2017
If Frieza got eliminated, the episode would be much better but they're probably gonna draw up some stupid plot reasons why he didn't
Jan 28, 2018 7:44 AM
Jan 2018
احسنتم الصنع مع تحياتي kamelfardosi
Jan 28, 2018 8:25 AM

Feb 2015
gratifyy said:

Go watch Fairy Tail, SAO, Black Clover and Nanatsu no Taizai.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» DBS English dub on BBC Iplayer (U.K.)

JVskunkape - Oct 2

9 by EGG_KING_ »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 72 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

66 by satyrelfheim »»
Oct 2, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

73 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 2, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

74 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 2, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

120 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 2, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.