3It was OK
14.8%
2Disliked it
4.9%
1Hated it
1.9%
Average 4.1
6,868 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2023 6:30 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at around 23:45 JST This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeApr 16, 2023 7:45 AM
Apr 16, 2023 7:46 AM

May 2020
Well yes Mist pillar is here, Tokito Muichiro, and… he’s kinda my way or the highway guy. May seem outright annoying at first glance but he’s a good kid, and I mean a KID, same age or younger than Tanjiro but a hashira already.

Now for the reason he was nagging that village kid, to get the key to operate that one mechanical doll. But hey being the good guy Tanjiro is, he’ll intervene and stand up for that kid.. right? And so he did, only to get knocked down by Muichiro cause he was blabbing some righteous shit like usual… can’t say he didn’t deserve that. Anyways about the mechanical doll, it’s of Yoriichi, and a pretty advanced one at that, with six arms. We’ll know more about him going forward, in a few episodes itself, if I remember correctly. So leave it for then.

Muichiro did his training and well, left the doll in some sorry state lol, only for that kid, Kotetsu, to get more worked up. Though fate worked in some way or the other, and Yoriichi doll started working once again. This time with Tanjiro doing his courses… yep that guy only trains. Though it’ll prove fruitful later down the line, so everything’s for a good cause… even him almost passing down to the other side ;) 

Doll is done for, but hey some antique treasure came out. Fine ED by the way.
Apr 16, 2023 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
This feels like a fantasy adventure based episode seeing Tanjirou trying to make his way to the Swordsmith Village. Speaking of which, it introduced more lore and info dump about the arc itself.

Not going to lie, this episode gave me a few laughs from Tanjirou's point of view. But at the same time, he's still determined to prove himself. The ED song is kinda cute but also catchy. Pretty entertaining episode imo.
Apr 16, 2023 8:01 AM

Feb 2018
Aside from the battle and the 6 hands, I feel like the spotlight of this episode is definitely on the Ending theme. It was a fantastic ending with plenty of stills featuring Mitsuri Kanroji. The skill of "sukui no ito" was absorbed into the skill of "nioi" (smell). I like Tanjirou's expression when he eats onigiri.

Apr 16, 2023 8:23 AM

Jun 2019
The ending song was pretty cute ngl. Mitsuri is very adorable. Aside from that, we have finally met the new Hashira, Muichiro. He's an interesting character, to say the least. Tanjirou's training with the six-armed doll went well. But, what's with the antique sword that came out of him? Hmmm... interesting. Pretty good episode imo.
Apr 16, 2023 8:23 AM
Aug 2014
Ngl it feels like they used all the budget in the first half of the first episode, and considering that the "news" back a few weeks, that said the animation would take a step further this season, cause im not seeing it this episode.
Apr 16, 2023 8:32 AM
Dec 2022
TheSekiryuutei said:
Ngl it feels like they used all the budget in the first half of the first episode, and considering that the "news" back a few weeks, that said the animation would take a step further this season, cause im not seeing it this episode.

Why would they use too much of their budget on an episode like this when the action part is most likely gonna start next episode onwards.
Apr 16, 2023 9:24 AM
Apr 2021
BenchNaldo said:
TheSekiryuutei said:

Why would they use too much of their budget on an episode like this when the action part is most likely gonna start next episode onwards.

Why are ppl so entitled and impatient when a show doesn’t have an amazing quality animation in every single episode🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
Apr 16, 2023 10:43 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
There weren't any sub available for the new ep but I can watch raw. Just a normal training arc for Tanjiro.
Apr 16, 2023 10:44 AM

Apr 2014
Training episode with Yoriichi doll. Imagine how powerful Yoriichi must of been if they needed 6 arms to even mimic a fraction of his power.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MiraApr 16, 2023 5:36 PM

Apr 16, 2023 11:06 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ok episode after that impressive intro episode. That new Hashira is annoying as feck. Sometimes it’s really hard to root for the “good guys” here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 16, 2023 11:10 AM
May 2021
Ooo I like the visuals of the ending.
Apr 16, 2023 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
Training episode!
Man, Demon Slayer is so visually stunning. Every frane looks perfect, and also the backgrounds look beautiful. 
Tokito is the actual descendant of the sun breathing! Interesting.

Kotetsu is so cute. And also that ending featuring Mitsuri is great

Apr 16, 2023 11:15 AM

Jul 2022
Tanjiro going through some brutal training, poor boy :). A chill episode.

Leaves you pretty curious about the sword and what is coming next.

someone, somewhere is really happy you were born.
you are not your trauma.
Apr 16, 2023 11:16 AM

Apr 2020
God, the comedy is awful -_- I hope we get to the action soon.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Apr 16, 2023 11:19 AM

Oct 2017
Hmmm so this is what a 8.72 anime is like huh (yawn)
Other anime with much better plot/ quality got much lower rating than this, hmmm..

Starvation is not a good way of training properly, it'd only weaken your body and sense.
If Tanjirou is truly hungry, he can just walk back to village and eat, he doesn't has to listen to that brat at all, how low is his IQ?
If Demon Slayer is not so childish Tanjirou should have died there cuz they're stupid enough to use real swords before Tanjirou even show any sign of improvement, but the plot treat this as some form of stupid comedy so ofc he'd grasp the technique at the key moment as plot demands it.  

I would have treat this episode more seriously if Tanjirou actually suffers a severe wound because of their recklessness instead of this childish training ark. 
Apr 16, 2023 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
genetic memory is a real thing in real life too according to science

and looks like Tanjiro has a new powerful old sword now
Apr 16, 2023 11:24 AM

Mar 2020
I get this was a transition episode, but man that was quite boring, yawned a lot. I guess the action starts next week. ED was also quite disappointing, maybe it'll grow on me eventually, but I doubt it.
Apr 16, 2023 11:36 AM
Mar 2023
Bit boring episode
Apr 16, 2023 11:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The detail that goes into the OP never ceases to amaze especially the scene that shows the slayers that came before Tanjiro and the current hashira's. The mist Hasira's nature sure is one thats just too logical. A combat doll huh. Indeed they would make perfect sparring partners. Tokito's crow really is a perfect partner for him. But man Kotetsu sure had it rough inheriting the position in such a rough way. Still his motivation for becoming a harsh taskmaster sure was interesting. Even against just five arms the doll was a tricky one to fight but the effect of training against it cannot be understated. Overall a solid ep that did well to intruduce Kotetsu and Tokito as well as how extreme some within the corps could express twoards their allies. Pretty catchy ending theme and it was nice to see how the two hashira were like both when they were younger and in their duties.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2023 11:38 AM

Apr 2018
Felt like a whole episode of nothing until Tanjiro managed to pick up a skill and a 300-year old sword that came out of the doll's ass. 

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 16, 2023 11:38 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if Tanjiro really notice the rising sun flag earrings on the doll, that'd be a much better solid proof that the doll and him are related compare to realizing that from just his dream.
Apr 16, 2023 11:43 AM
Apr 2023
An episode just dedicated for training, this was such a party pooper.
SmartOtakaApr 20, 2023 11:17 AM
Apr 16, 2023 11:46 AM

Oct 2014
A much more relaxed episode focused on training tanjiro.
I bet he is gonna make use of that sword he found...
Apr 16, 2023 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
The complaints about this episode are crazy. Nitpicking at it's finest lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 16, 2023 11:48 AM
Oct 2016
Tanjiro is going through some interesting training. He thought he saw the same man from his dream but it's just a training doll modeled after that swordsman. Whom himself was alive 300 years ago and the dream Tanjiro had was just an inherited memory from his ancestor. Which explains any suspicion people had about who was who in Tanjiro dream. 

Muichiro the Mist Hashira didn't exactly make a good impression on Tanjiro here. Bullying this kid Kotetsu who was defending the practice doll. Muichiro really just wanted to train with the doll since it's the most intense training doll modeled after that swordsman, the first sun breathing user. Which Muichiro is also apparently a descendant of. Kotetsu eventually gave in and handed over the key to the training doll to Muichiro. The mist Hashira just left after getting one of the doll's swords. 

Tanjiro going through even more grueling training for almost a week as Kotetsu deprived him of food and water until he could land a hit. Finally being able to get some sustenance let Tanjiro regain some stamina to improve his training more. Seeing beyond just the opening thread now when fighting Tanjiro landing that full power hit was great to see. His quick training proving worth it, revealing a sword inside the training doll.
DukinoApr 17, 2023 6:07 AM
Apr 16, 2023 11:54 AM

Oct 2017
FMmatron said:
Other anime with good animation/ plot/ tight episodes but it's a new /less popular IP -> got nickpick to hell and rated down so bad cuz those none mainstream anime are only watched by strict reviewers.

Big / Popular sequel got questionable pacing, boring plot, lots of down episodes -> "you cant nickpick it cuz it hasn't get to the "good part", I watched the manga already trust me it's good bro!"
Apr 16, 2023 11:55 AM
Apr 2023
AcD4c said:

I was laughing my ass off the entire episode! I loved it and thought it was hilarious!
Apr 16, 2023 11:58 AM
Nov 2021
want the next one right now
Apr 16, 2023 11:58 AM

Feb 2018
Nothing too crazy for a training episode, but it gets the job done.
Apr 16, 2023 12:02 PM
Dec 2020
good  episode after that impressive intro episode....
we have finally met the new Hashira, Muichiro.
Apr 16, 2023 12:03 PM

Jun 2014
Ah here we go, people complaining about the most inane stuff because Tanjiro hasn't started throwing hands with the enemies 2 episodes into the season 😂 talk about impatient lol. What we've seen so far was the first 6 chapters of this arc, of course nothing noteworthy has happened yet. Things should start picking up over the next couple episodes, sheesh.

TheSekiryuutei said:
that said the animation would take a step further this season, cause im not seeing it this episode.
Well yea, why would they step the animation up a notch in the 2nd episode, especially in a transition training episode lol. We'll see that when the action actually ramps up.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 2009
That female crow's voice was Kugimiya Rie wasn't it? I'll recognize her everywhere!
Dec 2022
Ventus_S said:
FMmatron said:
Other anime with good animation/ plot/ tight episodes but it's a new /less popular IP -> got nickpick to hell and rated down so bad cuz those none mainstream anime are only watched by strict reviewers.

Big / Popular sequel got questionable pacing, boring plot, lots of down episodes -> "you cant nickpick it cuz it hasn't get to the "good part", I watched the manga already trust me it's good bro!"

Haha, true sometimes. That's why rating actually brings nothing but hype. It's all about only personal choice.
CosmiconApr 16, 2023 12:10 PM
Apr 16, 2023 12:05 PM

Dec 2020
Tanjiro is helping kotetsu to encourage him and training him with this doll yoruchi zero.
Nice build up episode, i can’t wait for next week.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 16, 2023 12:08 PM
Dec 2021
AcD4c said:
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed

The goofy little scenes constantly took me out of the episode, it just didn't flow right
LTSTMay 6, 2023 3:29 PM
Apr 16, 2023 12:18 PM
Apr 2023
You can skip 80% of the episode and still understand the whole episode and the characters presented in it
Apr 16, 2023 12:19 PM

May 2015
A sword inside doll. Neat.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 16, 2023 12:22 PM
Aug 2022
TheSekiryuutei said:

Yeah well just wait until the upcoming fights.
Apr 16, 2023 12:25 PM
Jul 2021
Holy mid boring episode
Apr 16, 2023 12:26 PM

Oct 2020
I remeber this part from the manga, knowing what's comming next is getting me hyped
Apr 16, 2023 12:33 PM

Jul 2021
Rather slow episode today, but still liked it!
Apr 16, 2023 12:38 PM

Feb 2021
The comedy bits are so bad holy F.
Also mid episode. If people liked it only for the ending scene it says much about it
"Without commitment, we will never start. Without dicipline and consistency, we will never finish."
Apr 16, 2023 12:43 PM

Oct 2018
Another bad episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba, this anime has had a streak of 27 bad episodes in a row. I think I'll stop watching the anime and later I'll just watch a compilation of the best action scenes from the season, as even though the action is its main characteristic, it's still quite weak.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Apr 16, 2023 12:54 PM

Nov 2016
Ventus_S said:
FMmatron said:

Thanks for the generalization. That's however only one way to look at it. Popularity or lack thereof can work both ways. You will also see watchers being more lenient towards random new shows due to no expectations. In those cases they may even try to mention many positive aspects in rather uneventful episodes.

The obvious nitpicking here is just funny and predictable.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 16, 2023 1:00 PM
Feb 2021
Treyv0n said:
BenchNaldo said:

Why are ppl so entitled and impatient when a show doesn’t have an amazing quality animation in every single episode🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Why do you think people watch DS if not for it’s animation? Because without the animation its bland, cliche, boring, predictable plot with annoying characters and bad comedy.
Apr 16, 2023 1:05 PM
Jun 2021
So that was a Yoriichi doll and it contains a sword from 300 years ago, i wonder if it is still usable
Apr 16, 2023 1:07 PM
May 2022
TheSekiryuutei said:

Well about 7 episodes of this season will be fighting demons so they are saving the animation for then. Some very good fights coming up.
Apr 16, 2023 1:10 PM
May 2017
A nice little training episode. Despite being a total amateur coach, Kotetsu somehow got Tanjiro some results lol. And that mist hashira is so emotionless, I wonder how he became to be that way, in the outro he was definitely more expressive in his past.

4/5
Apr 16, 2023 1:37 PM

Jun 2021
tanjirou seemed weak at those training
hope he recovers soon

why can’t he get water and food lol
he could get’em from the guest houses ig
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

726 by Stoithy »»
Sep 21, 3:53 AM

» Ep 6-10 have problems with the footage

weirdy8 - Jun 18, 2023

12 by V1P3R0P »»
Sep 17, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

270 by ShadowkillZ »»
Aug 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2023

241 by ShadowkillZ »»
Aug 25, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 28, 2023

278 by ShadowkillZ »»
Aug 25, 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.