Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 3 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
62.0%
4Liked it!
22.8%
3It was OK
7.3%
2Disliked it
3.5%
1Hated it
4.4%
Average 4.4
342 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 16, 2019 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Myne and her fascination about Egypt kinda amuses me.

I thought it's cute to see her interact with the other kids again and making more hand craft stuff. She's still protrayed exactly how a kid should be protrayed and is curious about the world. The anime still retains a pretty lighthearted setting with the usual comedy gags. Myne's talent is starting to become more obvious to the other kids too.
Oct 16, 2019 10:04 AM

Apr 2016
Poor Otto, he's in the middle of war and he doesn't even know it.
Oct 16, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
Maine is so skillful.

I really loved this episode and it had some funny moments.

Oct 16, 2019 10:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a really beautiful episode, starting to feel the wholesomeness.
Oct 16, 2019 10:42 AM

Aug 2018
The cartoon scenes really hurt my soul.

Erasing Lutz from the first half of the episode was just a sin.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Oct 16, 2019 11:13 AM
Nov 2017
Seeing the kid making something new again is as exciting as always. She even uses here charms against her dad lol
Oct 16, 2019 11:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another cute and healing episode ! Maine is so cute that even her father can't resist to his so-called daughter haha.
I really like this anime for the moment, I hope the next episodes will stay like that.
Oct 16, 2019 11:38 AM

Oct 2018
I really liked this episode, I like how jealous the father is :D
Oct 16, 2019 11:54 AM

Jul 2019
Very relaxed episode.

Surely, someone will catch on to her next episode?
Oct 16, 2019 11:59 AM

Sep 2016
Lol who the heck is in charge with the english subtitles.

I watched ep 1 and 2 subbed in my language, but since subs are delayed by few days, ep 3 was only in english and...

Who the hell thought that using "Yikes" (three times!) and "Welp" was a good idea lmao.

The anime is starting to get on the right track.
I wonder when we'll reach the prologue of ep 1.
If anything, I'm curious about what she'll "invent" next.
bruh
Oct 16, 2019 12:14 PM

Dec 2018
A extincting episode about hardship labour and poor people around the middle ages. We made a basket and feed a staring child!! And finish of with some paperwork

Third episode now, and noting have happen!!

But even if this was boring. Im kind of curious too see were this is going,,Sooner or later something have to happen,, Or is this going to continue until I learn how to make my own fucking basket!,, I really hope not,, 3/10 hopefully things will improve in upcoming episodes

Yuri-CrusaderOct 16, 2019 12:19 PM
Oct 16, 2019 12:15 PM

Feb 2016
lol, the father getting jelly was really amusing xD

another wholesome episode <3
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 16, 2019 12:16 PM

Jan 2016
This was probably the best episode yet imo.

It was so cute, I love this family hahahaa.

The dad is so ridiculous though.
Oct 16, 2019 12:41 PM

Mar 2019
Maine is so cute, she's really smart and always have good ideas
I want to eat her pancakes they look tasty haha
Oct 16, 2019 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
Thorckan said:
yeah but they have something like soy. soy is really bad for you. There is a reason why they fed those to birds.
Oct 16, 2019 1:09 PM

Mar 2019
nightcrawlercyp said:
Thorckan said:
yeah but they have something like soy. soy is really bad for you. There is a reason why they fed those to birds.
wtf with soy its totally edible
Oct 16, 2019 1:24 PM

Jun 2010
Can anyone tell me where in the LN this episode left off at?
Oct 16, 2019 2:03 PM
Feb 2014
neonie said:

This is what the anime has adapted so far

Ep 1 (V1 Ch 1-4)
Ep 2 (V1 Ch 5-7, 10)
Ep 3 (V1 Ch 8, 11-14)
Oct 16, 2019 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
So, 3 episodes have passed and I am ready to formulate an opinion.

This was not remotely what I expected. At the same time it is exactly what it said on the tin. She has no books. So, what does she do? She goes straight to making them. How do you make them with much of current technology not existing? That is what the main character (no pun intended) is trying to figure out. She is looking for ways to improve her situation with the limited resources she has. The series is flying straight and true to its premise, and I have a lot of respect for that.

Animation-wise, it has been fairly consistent with additional praise for attention to detail. When I say that, I don't mean that the animation quality is superb or anything like that. I mean that the family's hair is consistently shiny as opposed to the hair of the other characters which tends to be flat. Overall no complaints in this department, as the minimum level of quality has been met.

The story and pacing is always the real controversial thing. I can see this being really slow and dull for some audiences which is probably why the MAL score is so low (MAL user ratings are way too subjective which is why we can't have nice things). I believe the series does what it aims to do fairly well. It doesn't stray, and almost every moment aims to push the story forward.

I've given it all this praise, but don't get me wrong - I'm starting to find it a bit boring. We've followed the same pattern for 3 episodes now, and it is starting to get stale. Maine gets bored, family does something in "primitive" or subpar way, Maine pulls out knowledge bombs and nukes everyone from orbit. It almost feels like they are using Maine's frailness to prevent her from exploring and keeping her confined to the house and the gate. 3 episodes in and I still know nothing about this world. I'm afraid it will suffer the same way that Sweetness and Lightning did.

One question has been bugging me since episode 1. Most of the time with isekais the main character comes over and gets a new body or keeps their old one. In this one the girl's consciousness went into a living girl who was not a newborne. What happened to Maine? The real one. Did her consciousness just disappear?

nightcrawlercyp said:
Thorckan said:

Soy itself is not unhealthy. Like they say, too much of everything is a poison. It just various per thing on what the safe limit is. Ignoring soy allergies for a moment, having a soy pancake will not make you sick. Having soy milk in your cereal will not kill you. Having soymilk for breakfast and a tub of tofu for lunch and dinner will probably be bad for your health. And let's be honest here. The idea that soy is bad for you is probably total bullcrap. At one time they said that brown rice was super healthy, and then they say that it is really bad for you, then they say it doesn't matter either way. Similarly, there was a huge campaign to blame sugar for causing issues instead of fats and carbs. You should not trust everything you read and take it as gospel, because the next day the same people that were calling it the devil's spawn will claim it came straight from heaven.

ShirashoOct 16, 2019 2:12 PM
Oct 16, 2019 2:12 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Turi was ready to cry when Myne ended up being so good with the basket, I like this show more and more each week.
Oct 16, 2019 2:13 PM

Jun 2010
AnimeFlyz said:
neonie said:

This is what the anime has adapted so far

Ep 1 (V1 Ch 1-4)
Ep 2 (V1 Ch 5-7, 10)
Ep 3 (V1 Ch 8, 11-14)

Thanks a bunch! Probably gonna buy Vol.1 and 2 in December along with the new DanMachi volume.
Oct 16, 2019 2:50 PM
Jun 2016
What a heartwarming episode..

Such an underrated anime to have score below 7
Oct 16, 2019 2:52 PM

Mar 2018
Man the end was so abrupt again :v the Dad sure is a handfull tho xd

And it seems like her cover's blown bit by bit.. At least her family was a bit suspicious for a moment there

I really like the light theme this has. The humour is also kind of funny xd

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 16, 2019 3:43 PM

Nov 2010
This show is the best show this season by miles.
It doesn't have the best animation, it doesn't have the best structure (especially compared to the source, some decisions are dubious, like putting the mind reading stuff in front of the first episode without any context) and some detail is missing (also compared to the source material), but the show still has the interesting world (albeit less detailed and explained, compared to the source material) and some of the best writing and characters we have in the medium.

Myne (my preferred writing of her name, every translator has a different way of writing it, so I feel it is fair to choose your own preferred way) is a great character in her own right with the contrast of the children brain she has to work with and heaps of knowledge from her previous bookworm life, but the real stars of the show are the other cast members. From her loving family and friends, to Otto and his associates, every character has more depth than first meets the eye and are relatable, even though the time period is so different to our own.
zwolf12Oct 16, 2019 4:28 PM
Oct 16, 2019 4:15 PM
Jan 2019
most enjoyable anime this season for me.

Oct 16, 2019 4:36 PM

Feb 2013
Why this show has lower rating than most shows of this season....
Oct 16, 2019 4:40 PM

Dec 2016
Myne is surprisingly good with her magical hands *-* Cute episode! Love the jealous father XD Turi looks beautiful with that hair ornament <3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 16, 2019 5:43 PM

Oct 2017
Another great episode! Haven't watched a nice slow healing anime in a while. I hope it stays this way.

7/10

AnimeIsBadLOL said:

Because of ADD kids who don't know what Slice of Life means.

Seriously so tired of people saying it's boring or slow.

zwolf12 said:

Myne (my preferred writing of her name, every translator has a different way of writing it, so I feel it is fair to choose your own preferred way)...

The TL changed it after the second episode when her name was revealed in the in-universe writing system and it looked a hell of a lot like MAIN. Clearly the author just took the romaji spelling and altered it a bit.

The Japanese katakana would be マイン: マ(ma) イ(i) ン(n).

But I agree it looks better as Myne. And for me this is tied with Houkago Saikoro Club as my AOTS, at least from everything I'm watching weekly.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 16, 2019 5:46 PM

Apr 2012
I finally get to watch an anime that heals the soul. Every other show this year hasn't come close to this one. I kept smiling at the cute simple things she comes up that are revolutionary to everyone else. If she had any business sense; she can make a killing selling her innovations. The shampoo, pancakes, baskets Improved and hair ornaments.

My only worry is that people in that time might see her as a heretic which is problematic.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 16, 2019 6:02 PM

Mar 2014
Her family's starting to get a little suspicious at her newfound amazing skills

Almost makes me want to learn handicrafts because it's amazing how she can take a piece of scrap thread and make such beautiful flowers from it

That fruit was weird. Coconut milk and a pulp that can be cooked like pancake dough. Is the tree magic? Because it looked like it was made of ice and the way Turi described it's growth pattern was definitely supernatural
Oct 16, 2019 6:07 PM

Jul 2017
Ah, when in another world, when books are primarily sourced for Maine's enjoyment, in the meantime, she tries to innovate modernized stuff for the other world. That's nice to make pancake paruecake.

Haha I just found it funny that Maine prefers Otto over her dad due that Otto gave her enough materials to appease her fascination. But too bad, the hair ornament with the crotchet hook (or the modern day hairpin) that Maine made for Turi, then "pretty please" with his drunk state one-upped his "competition" against Otto.

Overall, what an interesting episode really, one of the best early episodes to highlight the Iyashikei nature of this show.

Syliph said:
What a heartwarming episode..

Such an underrated anime to have score below 7

Preach it. This show desperately needs THAT score quick and fast.

AnimeIsBadLOL said:

Boredom. That's the main concern. Rather than taking interest, seeing a book by its cover.
Oct 16, 2019 6:15 PM
Aug 2018
This show is so adorable and cute, I love it. can't wait for Mine or Maine to start writing some books. Just noticed it's not just me, quite a few differences between the spelling on her name.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

wow so rude, atleast sign your name when you yeet my signature

heres a big picture smh

Oct 16, 2019 6:40 PM

Apr 2012
YossaRedMage said:
zwolf12 said:

Myne (my preferred writing of her name, every translator has a different way of writing it, so I feel it is fair to choose your own preferred way)...

The TL changed it after the second episode when her name was revealed in the in-universe writing system and it looked a hell of a lot like MAIN. Clearly the author just took the romaji spelling and altered it a bit.

The Japanese katakana would be マイン: マ(ma) イ(i) ン(n).

But I agree it looks better as Myne. And for me this is tied with Houkago Saikoro Club as my AOTS, at least from everything I'm watching weekly.

The name Myne fits well with the main character however...

WE STILL HAVENT FORGOTTEN WHO HAS THAT NAME TOO!!!
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 16, 2019 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
Have no ideas as to why it's scored so low as of now. Personally, I think it's really well done.
Oct 16, 2019 8:00 PM

Mar 2019
Loved it... pretty simple but more entertaining than the rest of the season...

PS: love the arts at the end of each ep.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 16, 2019 8:18 PM

Mar 2014
lmao i really love the reaction of maine's father whos being jealous of otto. a harmonious family
Oct 16, 2019 9:03 PM

Jan 2019
This episode almost made me cry tears of cute Joy. <3
Oct 16, 2019 9:34 PM

Oct 2012
Shirasho said:

nightcrawlercyp said:

Soy itself is not unhealthy. Like they say, too much of everything is a poison. It just various per thing on what the safe limit is. Ignoring soy allergies for a moment, having a soy pancake will not make you sick. Having soy milk in your cereal will not kill you. Having soymilk for breakfast and a tub of tofu for lunch and dinner will probably be bad for your health. And let's be honest here. The idea that soy is bad for you is probably total bullcrap. At one time they said that brown rice was super healthy, and then they say that it is really bad for you, then they say it doesn't matter either way. Similarly, there was a huge campaign to blame sugar for causing issues instead of fats and carbs. You should not trust everything you read and take it as gospel, because the next day the same people that were calling it the devil's spawn will claim it came straight from heaven.

So has phytic acid which isn't very good for you but the real problem is that a lot of it (maybe most) is GMO-soy with high glysophate levels. The science on food is much, much better than it used to be. So I urge everyone to check into what they're eating. Don't just say that it not worthwhile because it's always changing. Half of the misinformation is from lobbying groups for the food and diet industries that was so successful it even made it into our schools and food pyramids (at least in the U.S.).
Oct 16, 2019 9:41 PM

May 2017
Another enjoyable ep! I really love this series so much. Why it feels like watching 5 minute show, i need more of this :"( waiting 1 week for 1 ep is struggling...
Oct 16, 2019 10:24 PM

Aug 2013
Her folks are starting to notice her casual brilliance with things around the house, but I think Otto's discovery that she knows math well enough to do his job was much more major than he made it seem, especially given the literacy levels of that world. Imagine if you came across a 5-year-old that could do the job you've been doing for years better than you, and without using the tools you consider necessary to do the job...
Oct 16, 2019 10:27 PM

Oct 2008
Myne must hold back or her family and others might thing that she has special skills but they won't even thought about her as a reincarnation of someone who is on an advanced timeline...
4/5.

Oct 17, 2019 12:37 AM
Jan 2019
best daughter uwu
Oct 17, 2019 12:38 AM
Mar 2015
I'm loving this anime. Slice of life has always been one of my favorite genres and this one with a little twist of isekai is being better than I expected. I love the personality of Maine and everyone in her family. It may be a little slow for some people but I like to take the time and appreciate the little things of this world and see how everyone around her is acknowledging Mine is not the same as she was before, also how Mine learn things too.
Oct 17, 2019 2:18 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I thought this was going to be a drop for me this season before even going in, but wow, it's one of my favorites so far! I really love slice of life, and it's interesting to see how Main's world works, but also what she brings to it. It is disheartening to see the low rating, but I can see why this may seem boring to some. Honzuki reminds me of Sanzoku no Musume Ronja, which is also set before industrial times, a kid as MC, slice of life, and family elements. Iirc, it didn't have very good rating during its run either, especially due to the 3DCG, but after all the early drops, it ended up with a solid 7+. Hopefully same thing will happen with Honzuki.

PaleBlue said:
but I think Otto's discovery that she knows math well enough to do his job was much more major than he made it seem, especially given the literacy levels of that world. Imagine if you came across a 5-year-old that could do the job you've been doing for years better than you, and without using the tools you consider necessary to do the job...

Seriously, if a 5 year old came to and was able to do better arithmetic than me not only not having officially learned math, but also using an entirely unknown system than me...I'd be more suspicious than anything. Not saying that a (genius) 5 year can't be that intelligent and innovative, but it's still pretty crazy. I guess Otto was just really desperate! X)
Oct 17, 2019 2:36 AM
May 2019
I looooooove this anime 🥺🥺❤️
It's so cuuuuute and always made me laughing 😂😂
Cant wait for the next episode 😭
Oct 17, 2019 3:46 AM

Feb 2019
Ngl the last episode struggled to keep my attention. I love the LN’s but I found myself being bored at several points
Oct 17, 2019 3:56 AM

Nov 2011
Im only curious about the first part with the Priest now an why Myne was with him. Nothing else about this anime interests me.

Its not a bad anime, just boring.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 17, 2019 5:35 AM

Aug 2018
Another good episode, Main's working to bring her civilization to this world : soon a bottle of cola ? Wait, that's the wrong show, nevermind.

Oct 17, 2019 5:55 AM

Aug 2012
Shirasho said:
So, 3 episodes have passed and I am ready to formulate an opinion.

This was not remotely what I expected. At the same time it is exactly what it said on the tin. She has no books. So, what does she do? She goes straight to making them. How do you make them with much of current technology not existing? That is what the main character (no pun intended) is trying to figure out. She is looking for ways to improve her situation with the limited resources she has. The series is flying straight and true to its premise, and I have a lot of respect for that.

Animation-wise, it has been fairly consistent with additional praise for attention to detail. When I say that, I don't mean that the animation quality is superb or anything like that. I mean that the family's hair is consistently shiny as opposed to the hair of the other characters which tends to be flat. Overall no complaints in this department, as the minimum level of quality has been met.

The story and pacing is always the real controversial thing. I can see this being really slow and dull for some audiences which is probably why the MAL score is so low (MAL user ratings are way too subjective which is why we can't have nice things). I believe the series does what it aims to do fairly well. It doesn't stray, and almost every moment aims to push the story forward.

I've given it all this praise, but don't get me wrong - I'm starting to find it a bit boring. We've followed the same pattern for 3 episodes now, and it is starting to get stale. Maine gets bored, family does something in "primitive" or subpar way, Maine pulls out knowledge bombs and nukes everyone from orbit. It almost feels like they are using Maine's frailness to prevent her from exploring and keeping her confined to the house and the gate. 3 episodes in and I still know nothing about this world. I'm afraid it will suffer the same way that Sweetness and Lightning did.

One question has been bugging me since episode 1. Most of the time with isekais the main character comes over and gets a new body or keeps their old one. In this one the girl's consciousness went into a living girl who was not a newborne. What happened to Maine? The real one. Did her consciousness just disappear?

nightcrawlercyp said:

First of soy is toxic to humans unless specially processed. Currently soy is no longer processed by the original methods thus the toxins are not eliminated. The second issue is that it has low nutritious values. The third is that it contains estrogen like compounds just like beer. This means turns men into post menopausal women and fucks with the women monthly cycle and other processes making them infertile and bipolar. So yeah it is really good for you.... (sarcasm)
Thorckan said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
wtf with soy its totally edible

Being edible and being fit for human consumption are two different things. Lots of things are edible if you have no other choice, that does not mean is a good idea to eat them.
Oct 17, 2019 8:33 AM
Mar 2015
Daddy's girl was able to make pancakes, baskets,hairpins and correct Otto's math
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

67 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 27, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

161 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 27, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

92 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 6:04 PM

» Anime or manga

Hickykissy - Mar 26

6 by Phoenix35 »»
Mar 29, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

74 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 21, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.