3It was OK
9.0%
2Disliked it
2.9%
1Hated it
0.5%
Average 4.5
210 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 29, 2018 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah so this episode reconnects Hotaru with Kokonotsu. It felt like they had quite a bit of catching up to do since her absense.

Also, it's about time we got the return of Hotaru's humor and candy back! Almost felt like forever. Nice to see Hotaru reunite with everyone too including meeting Hajime. Heh.
Mar 29, 2018 11:29 AM

Apr 2010
Hotaru is here bringing a major improvement to the anime and the ending of the show.
Making my biggest complain that Hotaru didn't get enough screen time this season.

The episode was funny tho.
Mar 29, 2018 3:09 PM

Dec 2015
Hajime > Hotaru

That's all I learned from this show.
Mar 29, 2018 8:52 PM
Mar 2018
ridley388 said:
Hajime > Hotaru

I see that you're a Man of culture as well :v

Hajime besto waifu
Mar 29, 2018 9:44 PM

Mar 2016
Damn, I missed her so much, she appeared in the right time with the right snack for the situation. And the manager of that oxxo store is actually Hotaru's brother, who would knew? I had a good laugh with today's episode. So, season 3... When?
PS. I want one of this
[/url]
el_morrisMar 29, 2018 9:57 PM
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 30, 2018 9:01 PM

Jun 2015
Hotaru is back and had a nice conversation with Kokonotsu. She brought an interesting candy with her. Everyone going after him at the end was funny. Pretty decent second season overall. I liked the new character. 6/10
Mar 30, 2018 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
Well OK episode and that wraps the 2nd season.. Have mixed bag feeling about this season, since its feel kind of unsatisfying especially the last few episodes. I don't find the show fitting for having character drama but liked the new additions of this show which the show produced over-the-top funny moments in the midst episodes.
Also, watching this season had changed my mind - Hajime >> Hotaru

6.5/10, First season was the best in terms of consistency and funness and fanservice.

Mar 30, 2018 9:14 PM

Jan 2012
I like the 12min format better. It leaves me want to watch more

Overall everything improved compared to the 1st season
Looking forward for S3!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 30, 2018 9:26 PM

Oct 2017
1st Season-*Teases ship a mist all the advertising *
Me-"That could be alright if they develop it a bit more."
Season 2-* Lays off the dagashi advertising a little. Develops the characters, provides depth into kokonotsu's character, and adds a plot element seemingly to push for a ship or at the least a confession*
Me-"Good stuff, I like where this is going"

Episode 12-"That's where your wrong kiddo"

I'm not ignorant enough to think that this anime was originally about anything other than a dagashi shop and the antics of those who dwell in and around it...or at least I thought I wasn't, but dang it season 2, you got my hopes up with the solid plot development even though the episodes where 12-13 minutes each. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed at the lack of and confession, but at the end of the day Dagashi Kashi never advertised itself as a romance anime so I'll just have to get over it.

In my opinion this season was a massive improvement from the first. 7/10
Mar 30, 2018 9:48 PM

Jan 2015
looooved this anime and this episode, gonna miss my 3d waifu Taketsu Ayana and her voice ;-;
And no wonder the two are siblings, there ARE both sooooo energetic and vocal, i think it was obvious in the episode he first appeared, but ofcourse me as a usual bland protagonist didnt notice that (also the eyes and hair)
So he betrayed their family business huh and went for convinience store rather than dagashi (its also dying and all)
IT was a big surprise that HOtaru wants to make her own shop, very very good news. Ofcourse i would choose Hotaru over any other choice MC had there, but i understand how hard the decision is, being pulled into so many directions.

I was surprised how much,just how mcuh i loved Hajime in this season she is truly the best. BUt i still cant betray Hotaru ;-; fine they will be 2 best girls <3 but Hajime is kinda like Rem with how supportive she is to Kokonatsu, oh nvm she is older than him by 4 years, so... EZ for Hotaru. Omg and dont forget Sayu,3rd best girl.

And last but not the least, the OP is just <3333333 so much love <3333 Taketsu Ayana singing and such adorable visuals ahhhh <3
Season 3 please?
Mar 30, 2018 10:51 PM

Apr 2013
Anyone know which chapter did the latest episode end on?
Mar 30, 2018 11:50 PM

Jan 2015
Yup, I knew he'll miss his chance for asking about what happen while Hotaru gone. Yeah right, like that will be necessary. LOL
And the Big Bro, which pretty much guessed long before Hotaru said it. WHICH... Pretty much giving the "signal" for another season so Kokonotsu can finally set his mind.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 31, 2018 1:17 AM

Jun 2013
I Loved this Ep, Sadly the manga is near its end so no season 3, also screw the manga author that teases us with crazier adventures and then finishes the manga
Mar 31, 2018 1:20 AM

Apr 2016
What a meh ending, but probably the best we can get.
Mar 31, 2018 1:34 AM

Jan 2015
Loved this season, probably a little more than the first... I was definitely feeling the absence of Hotaru, all throughout. But damn if Hajime didn't pick up the slack, and then some. I was afraid, in the early going, that the 12 minute format wasn't nearly enough to tell a decent story -- even though I know the dagashi itself is supposed to take precedence. But no, they still managed to weave a decent story arc for the season. Gonna miss it, that's for sure.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Mar 31, 2018 1:43 AM

Sep 2015
Well Hotaru indirectly ask him to become her husband right? start new company with the two of us together..... that's sound like husband and wife want to start new life without rely on their parent.

The missing Hotaru make this season feel so weird.
Into the Internet!
Mar 31, 2018 2:12 AM
Feb 2018
I liked the ending. It kinda hits home. He saw he's dreams being crushed in front of him. Then comes Hotaru. He goes home with her,and he realizes that he still has amazing and supporting friends that value him, including his cool dad. Coconuts is really lucky
Mar 31, 2018 2:33 AM
Aug 2016
S2 was actually really meh, since the duration and the fact that Hotaru had 0 screen time for like half of the episodes. But fine, it's still a 7 for me but just becase i got attached to the characters, but it doesn't deserve it (oh, i forgot to mention Hotaru'chara design change, the most disappointing thing).

It's probably impossibile, but i wanna wait for season 3, since the manga will end with the next chapter (if i remember correctly)
Mar 31, 2018 2:53 AM

Jul 2012
Decent ending, mostly because Hotaru finally is back, i feel like the show without her is not the same. And the ending felt like it was similar to "old style" with all the characters chasing after mc, rarely see those nowadays. Prefer this season to be 12 min per episode, full 24 min might've been too much for the continuation and doesn't feel like there will be 3rd season.

Didn't notice for some reason in the 1st season that Kokonotsu's VA is Abe Atsushi, quite a rare occasion to hear him and now he was here for 2nd season and also in fate, not the greatest works, but waiting for Touma to come back! =/

Overall again it was decent, some funny stuff here and there, but without Hotaru it was completely different. 6/10
Mar 31, 2018 2:59 AM

Mar 2017
Nice episode to wrap up the season.

Just gutted it's over already and that the episodes were so short :/
Mar 31, 2018 3:07 AM

Feb 2013
That guy had to be her brother, I knew it!
Mar 31, 2018 5:05 AM

May 2009
Meanwhile manga is ending in 2 chapters and in latest raws
Mar 31, 2018 7:45 AM
May 2017
this season was dope, the 12 min. run helped a lot making the show feel a lot more digestable, the new characters were both great (Hajime besto waifu) and on a general it was funnier and more engaging than S1.

Nice show. 6/10
Mar 31, 2018 7:46 AM

Sep 2016
A fitting end for a brilliant series. I'm definitely gonna miss them all. Also great way to end such an amazing season! ^_^
Mar 31, 2018 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
While the first season is clearly superior in terms of animation, second season made the overall story more interesting. I love the drama between Hotaru and Kokonatsu. Plus, Hajime's a great addition to the cast. I'm sad that the manga is ending very soon but you can't read it with both official and unofficial translation unless you understand Japanese.

Mar 31, 2018 8:14 AM

Sep 2015
This is a good final to the Anime. It fits and we get everybody together again in a big mess reunion, how it should always have been, but a hope we had a little more of "commitment" in the manga ending.
Mar 31, 2018 8:25 AM

Jan 2018
Finally a perfect ending when all of character got together in shikada dagashi. For some reason i can't stop laughing in 12 minutes.

For you who said that beniyutaka has relation with hotaru, ting tong ! You're right, he's hotaru's brother. For you who waiting for ending when kokonotsu being together with one of the girl, well better luck next time, it didn't happen yet. And kokonotsu's future is still dark.

Well, overall after 12 episodes i can say that i enjoy this show very much. If in S1 we are served by dagashi ads, then in S2 we are served by growing story around shikada dagashi. I love both season, and i think it's fair to give both same score 8/10. But i'm still curious who will ended with kokonotsu in the end... hahaha well let's waiting
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
Mar 31, 2018 8:39 AM

Sep 2016
ridley388 said:
Hajime > Hotaru

Ah, I see that you are a man of culture as well.
Mar 31, 2018 8:58 AM

Feb 2016
If they didn't include Drama with Hotaru on this anime it would have been better than first season.

Hajime is better than Hotaru like for a Lot

Hajime >>>> Saya >>> Hotaru

Overall it was okay, not good not bad. First season was better comedy wise
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 31, 2018 8:59 AM

Feb 2014
I actually enjoyed this season more than the previous one, I think 12 minutes per episode worked much better for this show.
Mar 31, 2018 9:07 AM

Aug 2014
I fucking called it, I knew they were related but I thought he was her father not her brother, I'm going to miss this anime :'( 8/10.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 31, 2018 10:26 AM

Dec 2011
What a way to end this season with a bang xD
So the next door shop proprietor was in fact Hotaru's brother and that's why they have the same eyes.
Kononotsu being popular and everyone want him lol
Mar 31, 2018 10:53 AM

Jun 2017
Season 3 when? I am sure they could do another one in this shorter format and as far as I know, while the manga is ending soon it is still way ahead where this ended.

Overall it was pretty good but I missed Hotaru a lot. Hajime is cool and all so let's have...both next time.
Mar 31, 2018 10:59 AM

Jul 2013
It was a fine ending, it was clear they were not going to solve everything this episode, otherwise it would had been incredibly rushed. I liked how Kokonotsu recovered some of his confidence after the last episode, and it was fun seeing everyone fighting over him at the end. Seeing that spoiler of the manga ending made my happy too.

Beniyukata's reveal at the end was incredible!" said no one ever. Hell, even just by looking in the characters page you could learn he is Hotaru's brother. Not complaining about that, mind you.

In general, I'm very surprised with this season. I admit I found the first season a bit boring, and the sweet advertisement thing got tedious over time, but, I don't know how, with these 12 minute lenght episodes, they have managed to create some kind of plot, introduce new characters who managed to be engaging and funny (whitout relegating the old ones to secondary roles) and advertise the sweets of a way that wasn't neither boring or staled. It has been a very, very grateful result. I wouldn't complaint if they make a third season of this style, now even more knowing that the manga is ending.
Mar 31, 2018 11:37 AM
Jan 2016
Oh man this episode is really nice. It's time to read the manga!!
Mar 31, 2018 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
There goes one of my favorites of the season. I loved it, it sucks that it only had 12 minutes but I think it ended up being better for the show. I mean, I liked the first season, but with 24 minutes on, some episodes dragged on too much. In this season, however, each episode left me wanting more.

I love Hotaru, she is undoubtedly the star of this show but in her absence Hajime filled that gap perfectly and is a great addition to the show. Hell, she was my favorite character.

Well, I hope for a third season that close the series definitively but with the manga about to end I find it unlikely...sigh.
Mar 31, 2018 12:47 PM
Mar 2016
I knew it I knew it Hotaru and the convenience store owner BeniYutaka were realted, they;re siblings, man, did anybody knew that all along?????
Mar 31, 2018 2:50 PM

Mar 2016
Everything came together in a way that was kind of unexpected. There's some depth in dagashi.
Mar 31, 2018 3:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Best girl came back (sorry guys, Hajime is great but Hotaru is glorious) and Kokonotsu was almost on the verge of fessing up to her. Unfortunately for him Hotaru's only love is those sweet delicious dagashi.
Hope we get a third season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 31, 2018 4:14 PM

May 2015
Lol, a rowdy finale with Hotaru's return for sure.

Enjoyed this season as much as the first season. The 12-minutes format worked out perfectly in my opinion.

7/10.

Mar 31, 2018 4:48 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
This was an alright finale. Didnt expect the competitor dude to be Hotaru's brother lol.
Mar 31, 2018 5:23 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
holy fucking shit, i forgot how nice Hotarus legs are
Mar 31, 2018 5:31 PM

Jan 2008
Need maor...hope they make a season 3 and animate the rest of the manga to the end...though that might just be wishful thinking.
Mar 31, 2018 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
4kicks said:
Need maor...hope they make a season 3 and animate the rest of the manga to the end...though that might just be wishful thinking.
i mean they could manga is over if not now soon and it somehow got a S2 ,what'd be funny is if they went back to the first studio and did full episodes again but this is overly wishful thinking

all i learnt is Hajime is the new best bae and it makes so much sense why i seen all dem doujins of her pop up over the last year lol.
Mar 31, 2018 6:02 PM

Apr 2012
I think almost everyone guessed already that guy was Hotaru's relative due to his eyes. This series will probably end up with Hotaru and Kokonotsu but Hajime is still the best girl!
Signature removed. Please check your inbox
Mar 31, 2018 6:39 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Happy to see Hotaru again, kind of crappy we didn't get to any details on exactly why she left other than a vague "I was doing company stuff".

Woah, an actual Mario manga! Did Nintendo sponsor this episode? I've always enjoyed that classic chibi art style.

Laughed out loud when Hotaru just showed up in the middle of their conversation. At that last part, I love how basically every character was trying to catch up with what was going on.

Overall, I enjoyed this season. I really liked Hajime, she's a great addition to the cast. This format was alright, but I think I'd like it to be longer. Hell, if Takagi-san can stretch the same joke out for 23 minutes, Dagashi can last 23 minutes too. The humor was once again strong, but the art and animation really took a hit, which is a shame considering how nice the first season looked.

I sincerely hope we get another season, I'd really like to see these characters interact more, plus seeing where we end up with the story. It seems like everyone has a vision for what they want Coconuts to do, but no one ever really asks what he wants. At least Saya stood up for Coconuts' dream.

Season 3, please come soon! 7/10
Mar 31, 2018 8:48 PM

Jan 2011
Great season to follow up a show I really enjoyed when it first come out. I personally liked the longer format but this worked out fairly well I suppose.

I'll take more from this series anytime. Hopeful for a third season now that the manga is concluding.
Mar 31, 2018 9:23 PM

Dec 2013
Season 3 when????????????????????
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 1, 2018 12:39 AM

Dec 2014
aahh such an amazing episdoe...I want more...too bad the season was so little .... loved the season though
Apr 1, 2018 5:27 AM
Mar 2012
Nice, s2 short format better i think, more fun character varieties & keeps things moving at pace.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

110 by bluntaba_sakura »»
Mar 23, 8:13 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

43 by Meritas »»
Feb 4, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2018

40 by Meritas »»
Feb 4, 2:52 AM

» after the anime

Kutana_0P - Apr 1, 2023

7 by KitsuFrost »»
Jan 20, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

49 by Meritas »»
Jan 10, 1:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.