3It was OK
0.7%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
6.9%
Average 4.6
423 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 20, 2017 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Got pretty much what I had expected from this show in the finale. And that is really a relxing story with everything coming together. I have to admit though, that youkai in the episode looked pretty intimidiating with the dragon-like design.

I'm going to miss this show for sure now....Natsume :(
Stark700Jun 20, 2017 10:03 AM
Jun 20, 2017 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ Nyanko-sensei, and Ishida-san's character actually agrees about it (50% though). lol @ introducing him as "Natsumegu". A room where that tree can be seen. A photo with the owner and his family in one of the rooms. Shiki's information found in it: Dragon. Touching the wall and space changed with the dragon. It doesn't want to tell, though.

Drinking with ayakashi he got, huh. It saw a man before instead of Reiko? The shiki brought most of them away, except few things, with blue fire. He finally told him about yuujinchou. Not sure what he will do, really burning it like he talked to himself?. Remembering how yuujinchou brought him in past seasons. Thinking about the man the shiki saw, his grandfather?

No next season announcement, just "Mata Itsuka" ("see you some time" or something similar to that).
tsubasaloverJun 20, 2017 10:14 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 20, 2017 10:14 AM
Jul 2015
and so another season of natsume yuujinchou has come to an end.
I'm sure we will definitely get season 7, but we have to wait for a bit longer since the anime kinda catch up with the manga now.
Jun 20, 2017 10:48 AM

Apr 2010
Somehow this really had the feeling of the end making me wonder if we get another season of this.
It's always been a good anime so another season might be nice but for now we will have to wait and see.
Jun 20, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2015
Well this was definitely better than the previous season, they covered a really good story for the end... but a new plot appeared ><
Jun 20, 2017 2:00 PM
May 2016
I'm so sad that it's over. I started tearing up when the outro began to play
Jun 20, 2017 2:16 PM

May 2015
And it's over again, ugh... I wonder if we'll get another season ;__;....

The usual 10/10.

Jun 20, 2017 2:18 PM
Mar 2017
So the season ended really well and I think this has been one of the best seasons (not that I don't love all of them) because they really focused on Natsume's character development and it was great to see how far he's come. No announcement for another season but does anyone know how far the anime is in terms of the manga material? Nice little bit of information they dropped in the last few minutes (although I have my suspicions about this person - don't we all though).

I'm going to miss Natsume and the gang every week. Hands down one of my favourite anime's!
Jun 20, 2017 2:25 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This season end with a new mistery ... a man with the same face, the granfather Natsume? o the Father´s Reiko? more doubts!!!

About Natori, i thought all was a cheat and i mistaked, but i don´t trust in this guy!!!

It was a cool the dragons, and how Natsume resolve this mistery, and sad how end because the Shiki loved his master, but all the information dissapear under the blue flames!!!

Another great season, but i didn´t like the lasts minutes, with this flashbacks to the first season, how this anime ends, how if we will have a long time to a new season!!!
Jun 20, 2017 2:37 PM

Mar 2012
Beautiful until the end. Now we've got to wait for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time for those materials to pile up before the next one. :'(
Jun 20, 2017 2:38 PM

Mar 2016
i have been hesitant to score any of the seasons a 10/10 but i finally grew a backbone

this show is so perfect in every single way
Jun 20, 2017 2:40 PM

Jun 2008
I totally teared up at flashback to the previous season. I love this show so damn much and I never want it to end.

This is probably my 2nd favorite Natsumeg season (my favorite is Shi which is the only anime I've rated 10/10) The episodes I loved most were episode 1 and the one that focused on Nishimura and Kitamoto.

9/10 for this season.

Mona_04 said:
No announcement for another season but does anyone know how far the anime is in terms of the manga material?

There are very few unanimated chapters and I think it's a bi-monthly manga so I wouldn't be surprised if it's another 5 year break between seasons. And maybe by then, the manga will be over and they can adapt the whole story.

Jun 20, 2017 3:56 PM
Aug 2011
That gentle nature of this series carried well through this ending as expected but this time with an extra touch of mystery which has never happened before.

The little flashback montage made it seem like a true finale... I hope this isn't the case.
Jun 20, 2017 3:59 PM

Sep 2013
I gave it Natsumeg / 10

Jun 20, 2017 4:13 PM

Jul 2015
sachia said:
I'm sure we will definitely get season 7, but we have to wait for a bit longer since the anime kinda catch up with the manga now.

Oh really? I've just started buying the manga and I was wondering about that.

Btw, I believe this was the best OP so far. I love it, I'll miss it.
Jun 20, 2017 4:17 PM

Aug 2015
The end really moved me and I think it was one of my favorite seasons. ^^
Jun 20, 2017 4:18 PM

Jun 2007
sachia said:

I'm a bit behind with the manga. Just how caught up the anime is, exactly?

Can't wait for the next season. The day Natsume aired was literally the best day of the week for these past 11 weeks. :)
Jun 20, 2017 5:48 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Natsume has always had a pattern of having two seasons as split-cour, then having a long break until two more seasons come out. Expect season 7 to come out years later. Also expect season 8 to air a season after the seventh season finishes airing :D

Probably my favorite season of Natsume and I'm really gonna miss this show. Here's to hoping that they release two more OVAs for this season (so each season will have 13 episodes).

9/10
Jun 20, 2017 6:08 PM
Aug 2016
Time flies to fast
WE NEED A NEW SEASON..

10/10
Jun 20, 2017 6:13 PM

May 2009
requiett said:
I gave it Natsumeg / 10

LMAO That was perfect!

I enjoyed this season very much, but now I want to know who's the mystery man who's similar to Natsume is! Is it his dad? grandfather? Who knows!
I still feel that Natori wants the book of friends, but instead of having it, he wants to destroy it ( which I think it's a bad idea! Who knows what'll happen?!). I also felt sad for Hakozaki being lonely without his family even though he had many youkai friends. Still, I enjoyed how the finale ended :)
Jun 20, 2017 6:18 PM

Jul 2016
I cry at the last episode of this anime every time, without fail. It always makes me feel extremely emotional, which is why I treasure this series and appreciate it as much as I can.

Overall, I know I'm always giving this an 8, but it will forever be one of my favourite anime of all time.
Jun 20, 2017 6:21 PM

May 2012
Great season, probably my favorite season after San.

Hoping for another season announcement in the future.

Jun 20, 2017 7:21 PM

Nov 2007
ok hello but why it would be his grandfather?Takashi's face already looks like his grandma's and i'm sure she didn't have baby with a guy who looked just like her?? (i hope,lmao)

at first i was like...should i give 10?...but then i was like...why wouldn't i give 10?
so it's 10

Natsume Yuujinchou is one of the best things that ever happened in my life.
Jun 20, 2017 7:50 PM

Mar 2015
requiett said:
I gave it Natsumeg / 10

well done, sir. weeeell done.

Good final episode and definitely a good season.

I really need to find out who's Natsume's "grandfather", though.
Jun 20, 2017 9:30 PM

Apr 2009
Finally he told Natori about the book of friends. Been waiting for that to happen for so long. Why do we have to wait years for more :(:(:(
Jun 20, 2017 10:22 PM

Dec 2013
My favourite season so far. The opening was so gorgeous, and this season just seemed like it stuck out. Hopefully we will get new content sometime in the future!
Jun 20, 2017 11:18 PM
Mar 2017
Unfortunately there was no romance this season. But I finish as I hoped, beautifully: '). To wait a few more years for the next season.
I feel that Natori wants the book of friends, but instead of having it, wants to destroy it (which I think is a bad idea, who knows what would happen?) - Surely there would be no plot or an object that wraps the plot for the prota :V xD.

By the way, In all the memories of Reiko she always appeared dressed in school uniform (Almost like the prota haha) but remembering that she always started to fight with any yokai. And sometimes, she has bruises made by kids who threw stones at her. (:'V), in addition to the fact that she also died young(:'v :'v) so what does not mean that she was always alone, she could have made friends like natsume and found her love ...
And speaking of love (Grandpa of natsume) and remembering, In the chapter where natsume finds nyanko-sensei. He was sealed by someone powerful enough to seal it in a small sanctuary. And if that "Exorcist" could have been the grandfather of natsume and have taught Reiko sealing techniques xD. Even if it were the exorcist community should have recognized the face of natsume as well.

Sorry for my english, I'm with google translate
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 21, 2017 2:08 AM

Nov 2012
Not that good imo, a 7 good but nothing more just like last season. They kind soaring further without really going or getting anywhere. The first seasons this was interesting since there was still world en characters to develop but thatis hardly the case anymore. Art never was really refined compared to the first seasons. Ost directing took a turn for the lesser compared to when the other studio was on the reel also.

Personally i also think Natsume himself is getting a bit too cocky or overconfident bit that is just something objective.

Personally i think the main reason the last 2 seasons got such a big rating is only because the viewers that followed the series all the way through after all these years are being based. Not many are watching natsume anymore after all.
Jun 21, 2017 3:41 AM

Dec 2008
johnyjohny said:
They kind soaring further without really going or getting anywhere.
This is my biggest complaint about this series. I know people say stuff like they never want it to end but I personally think endings are important. Many characters feel neglected with little to no development for a while now. Even with the book of friends, there doesn't really seem like there's been much development for that either. Just how many names are left? Right now there's not even a hint of an end.

I think the show is enjoyable, but at the same time it's starting to feel frustrating. It feels like a story that was set up as a medium to tell various youkai stories rather than have it's own story with a clear vision for where it's going. Maybe that's all people want though, I don't know. This is just what I'm feeling at the moment.
Jun 21, 2017 3:53 AM

Jul 2015
Wow, that ending! I'd like to know how many chapters exactly were left unadapted and I hope there's at least five, so we can get the next season in two years. I see many people saying that it's not popular and while that's true that no one really knows the show in the West, there's still a lot of fans in Japan and each volume sells about 450,000 copies there. 10/10 for me.
Jun 21, 2017 4:15 AM

Oct 2012
Another great episode. I'm so ready for the next season.
Jun 21, 2017 4:19 AM
Jun 2017
I loved the six seasons, I want more seasons... T_T

10/10 for this season
Jun 21, 2017 4:24 AM
Jun 2017
This end was splendid, and I am surprised to see that the series is still excellent ~ 10/10

(I watch Natsume Yuujinchou since 3 days)
Jun 21, 2017 4:25 AM
Mar 2017
HikaruKaneko said:
johnyjohny said:
They kind soaring further without really going or getting anywhere.
This is my biggest complaint about this series. I know people say stuff like they never want it to end but I personally think endings are important. Many characters feel neglected with little to no development for a while now. Even with the book of friends, there doesn't really seem like there's been much development for that either. Just how many names are left? Right now there's not even a hint of an end.

I think the show is enjoyable, but at the same time it's starting to feel frustrating. It feels like a story that was set up as a medium to tell various youkai stories rather than have it's own story with a clear vision for where it's going. Maybe that's all people want though, I don't know. This is just what I'm feeling at the moment.

I mentioned to a friend that it seems like a lot happens but nothing really happens with this series but somehow I'm okay with that. Of course everyone wants to know more about Reiko and how she died, more about Natsume's family history and even Nyanko-sensei's back story but I think when all of this is revealed, it'll happen very quickly.

In terms of the vision for this story, I get the sense that the author is first trying to build on Natsume as an individual character, and this is happening through the use of the various youkai stories and his interactions with them. It won't happen over night but gradually over time (6 seasons )which I find to be better for the story and " more realistic" and his gradual change in character is really evident this season, as Natsume is a lot more confident. I think once we get to a point where Natsume is able to stand on his own, the author will drop all the drama bombs we've been waiting for.
Jun 21, 2017 4:28 AM

Aug 2008
It's about time for us to learn about Natsume grandpa. I'm going to miss this show.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 21, 2017 5:24 AM

Jun 2016
Omfg. I'm so curious about Natsume's grandfather. And oh no I cried during the flashbacks. ;-; This show never fails to make me cry whether it's a sad or a happy scene. Season 7 please! I'm going to miss everyone in this show. ;-;

1000000000000/10

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 21, 2017 6:08 AM

Jul 2014
Nice ending to what has been yet another solid season for this show. It delivers as it always do, wrapping up a few things here and there while still hinting at further mysteries to keep the show going into the future, assuming we get more seasons somewhere down the line.

8/10
Jun 21, 2017 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
This season was absolutely better than the previous season. I hope we will get the season 7 soon. T.T
Jun 21, 2017 6:20 AM

Nov 2007
pgmhecateii said:
However, even if they make a sequel, probably not much people will watch it...

johnyjohny said:
Not many are watching natsume anymore after all.

idk what you are spouting people.....especially in Japan Natsume has been and still is one of the most popular series...i remember they had this poll about which anime are people looking forward to watching the most the following season and all the latest Natsume animes were always at the top or around it. Not to mention the manga is selling like a crazy.
Just because general consensus of taste in anime in the West is fighting and exploding,it doesn't mean everyone is like that.

FireCrauter said:
Unfortunately there was no romance this season.

fortunately, this is Natsume Yuujinchou, not basic romance shoujo anime 101.....but eh,there was romance...like,the Aoi kid and the girl and also the yokai who fell for Taki??
Jun 21, 2017 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
Even this season does not disappoint the high expectations inherited from the previous season. The plot was interesting and Natsume's growth has become even more evident. But this season, is giving small difference with the previous one, because everything ends with a great twist, something that never happened so far, if I remember. I'm looking forward to the 7th season in the field. This season also deserves a very high vote that far exceeds 8/10.
Jun 21, 2017 9:36 AM

Aug 2014
even though this season was a lot worse than all the other seasons with some of the stories being cliche , overused and some mistakes in the build up to them , it was still a very good season to watch , i thought that old guy would be natsume's grandpa judging by how he behaved as it was similar to Reiko but it turns out that we will get to see a new character .
also you could tell how much sensei cares about natsume when he started being loud and annoying at the end when natsume started to worry , 9/10 .
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 21, 2017 10:05 AM

Jan 2017
I'm so so so so SO DAMN SAD.

I can't believe this is over, i'm actually very worried, not for the possibility of not getting another season but WHEN we will have it.

1...2...3..4...5 years?!?!?!? Who knows, but sure thing is i'm gonna miss it so much.

I'm in love with everything about this series and this season was so heartwarming, funny and relaxing as usual.

About this episode i just feel so happy for Natsumeg having that weight out of his chest, regardless of what Natori thinks or will do (i actually don't believe he has bad intentions or at least selfish ones) this was something that was always bothering Natsumeg and he felt really bad about hiding stuff from his friend.
That being said, i can't wait for the upcoming developments regarding:

Reiko, the new mistery man that resembles Natsumeg and the Natori-Natsumeg relationship (now that the secret is out).

I'm gonna miss my fluffy Nyanko Sensei, he was so cute and playful at the very end of the episode, i was dying <3

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Jun 21, 2017 12:07 PM

Sep 2009
I know this question is pretty annoying but in which chapter of the manga should I start reading after the end of this season?
Jun 21, 2017 12:07 PM

Nov 2012
@Black_wind
lol you mad son?
I only based this on the MAL statics of course
Jun 21, 2017 12:23 PM

May 2014
Natsume Yuujinchou... Nana?
This isn't a series that deserves "half-a**ed" ending :-)
Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

Dec 2016
That finale was so emotional for me, especially when they started showing clips from all the way back in season one.

And finally, I think we can have hope for a season 7! The mention of Natsume's grandfather really makes another season plausible.

Seriously a great season and I hope another season isn't far off.
Jun 21, 2017 2:48 PM

Aug 2010
This season was soooo goood! And this ep was amazing. Natori finally knows. And I loved the fact he didn't have to find out in a shady way but have Natsume tell him.

DAT NEW MYSTERY tho... I'm so curious >.< His Gramps??? S7 when
Jun 21, 2017 4:36 PM
Jan 2017
This is bad. What am I going to do now that this has ended and they aren't going to have a new season in the really foresee able future. I'm very happy and kind of sad that this was the show that got the most hype from me this whole season.....

This episode was as good as I expected. It had
Jun 21, 2017 5:41 PM

Mar 2016
stand said:
The little flashback montage made it seem like a true finale... I hope this isn't the case.

I definitely thought the montage made it seem like there wouldn't be anymore...but that's too sad to think about! :( Especially since we'd be left with the mystery of Natori's actions toward the Book of Friends and Natsumeg's possible grandfather...
Jun 21, 2017 5:50 PM

Mar 2013
Dragon youkai familiars (epic) protected the study, and burned everything inside when it tried being opened by force.
Natsume and Natori picking up the papers that didn't get burned xD

Dragon said that he remembers seeing a male Natsume look-a-like in the past: possibly of Natsume's grandfather :0 I want to see more!

Is this the last season? I'm going to really miss it if it is ;-;
But I am definitely going to wait if there will be more seasons in the future. I love this series so much.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 13, 2017

39 by GoodKid15 »»
Sep 4, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

120 by ssourcandy »»
Jul 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

42 by JVskunkape »»
Jul 8, 2:37 AM

» Season 7 announced

MegamiRem - Jun 30, 2023

13 by Cammedham »»
Jul 3, 2023 7:39 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 9, 2017

82 by JebaUzumaki »»
Apr 11, 2023 11:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.