3It was OK
12.0%
2Disliked it
2.9%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.4
409 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2016 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well...that was an intense finale. Between the battles, Ikta faces off against a worthy adversary imo.

Or at the very core, the episode did a neat little job at portraying Ikta's cleverness even under distress. I like how his tactician mind always tries to keep ahead. For what's worth, I think the show was entertaining especially for a war story with some of the fantasy elements. Shame it's a 1-cour as I was hoping a 2-cour would be better.

Is it also just me or did Yatori's face looks slightly awkward in the finale..
Lol the princess sure misses Ikta. 7/10

Sep 30, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2010
It's pretty much an open ending but that was expected.
The episode it self could be better but i did think it was a nice ending so far i just hope we will get more of this in the future.
For now we will have to do with this.
Sep 30, 2016 11:22 AM

May 2012
Felt like things got a bit too fast with the pacing at times, but I really enjoyed it overall. The final battle felt really lacking, while the other battles with him I felt some tension, imo.

Even Ikta was surprised at the Princess' plan.

7.5/10 from me

Season 2 when? May end up just trying to catch up on what little of the LN that seems to be translated

Sep 30, 2016 11:22 AM

Dec 2013
I think this is one of the best series in summer season I like the strategy and the relationship between ikta and yatori I think it's stronger then love and friendship und I hope for 2. Season.I gave it 10/10 Becuse why not ;))
Actually My ratting of an anime depends on my enjoyment and how much I look forward to next episode but I can't continue a series when there are so many plot holes,And of course nothing is perfect but I don't shy from giving anime 10/10 when I like it .....
this is my first posting here I'll try to be more active
thank you all
AlhakamSep 30, 2016 12:11 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2016 11:23 AM
Jun 2008
This needs a second season.
Sep 30, 2016 11:25 AM

Jun 2011
"Last Princess of the Empire"
"Inevitable Defeat"

It sure looks like our heroes are heading to a road of rainbows and unicorns...yeah, let's implant another country's values by losing the war. That will definitely sit well with the military and the citizens. >.> Chamille was always a naive person, but I'd never peg her to do something this drastic.

Ikta continues to prove who is the better man in both the battlefield and philosophy. For all his military prowess, Jean ended up being a chesspiece of the slimy political machinations that goes on in the Kiokan Republic. Blind nationalism almost always leads to folly in the end. Too bad because I expected better from the Sleepless General. Maybe a few Zzz's would clear his head a little.

While there was no real conclusion to the war, it did neatly tie up the arc's end. I honestly wish for an S2 of this. I wasn't expecting much out of this anime at first especially because of those out of place looking teletubbies (they still are.) but it more than makes up for it with smart tactics and strategies and a very cool MC. 7/10
AhegyaoSep 30, 2016 11:29 AM
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Sep 30, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2014
Loved this anime, easily my favourite that started in this season.
10/10.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Sep 30, 2016 11:30 AM

Aug 2008
One of the most underrated anime this year. Season 2 when?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 30, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2014
Great finale, Intense episode as well.

Very very strong negotiation on Ikta's part, He played all the right cards and based his decisions entirely based on Jean's personality and traits. The sniper bluff was amazing.
Powerful scene between Ikta and Jean as the trees were being set on fire, Ikta pointing out that Jean's blind leadership, loyalty and heroism in all his battles and actions for his country were nothing more than manipulated puppetry wrapped with a hero banner.

I'm so glad Safida's gonna be executed, Serves him right. xD

Save the country by fighting a losing war or actually it's more like Lose the War to save the country. Whichever it is, That's a very intriguing way to go about a Revolution. The princess asks too much of Ikta. xD Should be really interesting to see how Ikta eventually pulls that off.

Very nice post credit scene between Ikta and Yattori, In the end the only thing that drives Ikta is to protect the people around him, Nothing more nothing less.

Overall, Great series, Nice character cast, Ikta in particular just gets more likable each episode. Loved how the show portrayed War, Strategy and Tactics and the grim outcomes of war. The diplomatic parts were great too, All this is only the beginning though, Would love to see how all these different sides of this power struggle in the world develop.

8/10 , We may not see a 2nd season for a long time but I hope we do get one some day. I'll try to pick up the LN if possible.
Lelouch0202Sep 30, 2016 11:41 AM
Sep 30, 2016 11:33 AM

Jan 2015
Eh pretty disappointed by the staff for this anime. I don't know why they included the talk after this battle instead of episode 4, most of the fights just included some still shit with narration.

Maybe if it was 2-cour it could've been more memorable. oh well.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Sep 30, 2016 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
Ikta was surprised at the princess's plan!
Sep 30, 2016 11:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I highly doubt that this will get a second season.

But it was a good show, good finale, too.

7/10
Sep 30, 2016 11:44 AM

Oct 2011
The finale was ok, but the skip from aiming the light at the Overworking guy to the placement of the firewood between them didn't make sense - he should have had plenty of opportunities to declare attack again because the beam would no longer be aimed at him

Sep 30, 2016 11:49 AM

Jun 2011
uzee said:
The finale was ok, but the skip from aiming the light at the Overworking guy to the placement of the firewood between them didn't make sense - he should have had plenty of opportunities to declare attack again because the beam would no longer be aimed at him

Their purpose was to retreat. Attacking him would lead them to being annihilated by the Alderamin reinforcements. Rewatch the episode.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Sep 30, 2016 11:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The ending with the princess was expected until she ordered him to actually lose a war. I didn't see that particular angle coming. At least now we'll know how him and Igsem will become enemies at some point.

Most satisfying bit of the episode was Ikta defeating and thoroughly and comprehensively schooling white hair genius smug boy. The mortified look on his face was delicious.

Zapredon said:
One of the most underrated anime this year. Season 2 when?

This. If something like Active Raid got a second season, my God please let a series with good characters, story, setting get one too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 30, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2012
Oh thank sweet merciful Christ that evil fuck Safida was executed. It certainly softens the blow of how I hated their reason for fighting, which really soured this arc for me. That cloud hung over every episode after the Ikta/Yatori flashback episode. I was actually rooting for Jean by the end because of it. Anyway, still a pretty strong series either way. Glad I watched it even after putting the manga on indefinite hold. That end tease of future events is certainly very interesting. Losing a war the correct way? Something about that princess bugs me...well anyway, I'll definitely watch season 2 if it comes. 8/10
Sep 30, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2008
I absolutely loved this show.

8/10

A hope for season 2 remains, despite it probably not happening.
Oh well, guess I'll have to read novels, if they're traslated.
Sep 30, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
Favorite show of the season.
Sep 30, 2016 12:35 PM

Dec 2014
Solid ending all things considered. Does leave open a lot of possibilities though.

8/10 for the series as a whole, really surprised on how much I liked this series.
Sep 30, 2016 12:41 PM

Sep 2015
Great finale. Loved this episode. Personally favorite one.

The ending with the princess reminded me of Japan. Like Katjrvana, WW2 Japan had a puppet imperial government. Japan lost the war but ended up being better politically with less authoritarian control and a economic powerhouse. Meanwhile it kept its unique culture. The exact thing Princess Chamille wants.
Though WW2 Japan did not :P
Sep 30, 2016 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
Great finale! In my top 5 for the season, and I feel it is very under-rated!

Hope we get a second season some day, but even if we don't I felt this season was well done!

8/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 30, 2016 12:52 PM

Jun 2014
zcv45 said:

The ending with the princess reminded me of Japan. Like Katjrvana, WW2 Japan had a puppet imperial government. Japan lost the war but ended up being better politically with less authoritarian control and a economic powerhouse. Meanwhile it kept its unique culture. The exact thing Princess Chamille wants.
Though WW2 Japan did not :P

YOU SIR!

HAVE MY RESPECT
Sep 30, 2016 1:06 PM

Sep 2014
I hoped they would reveal the princess' plan in a flashback since they had skipped it but it's ok.The mental battle between Ikta and Jean,during the negotiations was very good and I really love both characters' internal monologues.I enjoyed a lot this ride and let's hope for a 2nd season or at least an anime film in the future.8/10
MonkeyDHunterSep 30, 2016 1:12 PM
Sep 30, 2016 1:07 PM

Feb 2015
Loved this show, can't see it getting a second season which is a shame. very underrated 9/10
Sep 30, 2016 1:08 PM

Dec 2015
Nice episode. For a while I thought about scoring it 9/10 but then again it is not that much better than GATE (which I scored 8/10). Needs a bit more time and more seasons to develop more plot. I am staying with 8/10 as final score.

Hopefully there will be enough source material to make another 13 episodes soon. I want to see more of the enemy commander and more of the princess. After the talk with the princess it felt like this was only the beginning of something much bigger where there should be a lot more story for at least a few more seasons of anime.

I'm wondering ... aren't there already a bit more novels released that could be made into another 13 episodes? I know 2-cour is getting uncommon nowadays but they could at least have made it split-cour and giving us more episodes next year.

But I guess this happens only for stuff with ecchi/harem that attracts more customers. :D
Sep 30, 2016 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
The ending was alright. Obvious cliffhanger but I'm honestly fine with an ending like that, whether the story continues or not.

shion16 said:
This needs a second season.

If they were to make a sequel, which I doubt, they would have to adapt the whole thing imho. The ending as it is was fine because it was kind of an interlude. Adding a sequel which ends somewhere in the middle of the story mentioned in the end of this episode would be a bad idea. That would be a NGNL level of ending.
Sep 30, 2016 1:21 PM
Sep 2016
I really want to see the saison 2 but i don't in the same time becasue of i read the light novel
Sep 30, 2016 1:24 PM
Mar 2016
WTF did the Princess ordered Ikta to do? She wants Ikta to fight for the kingdom by loosing?
Sep 30, 2016 1:41 PM

Jan 2014
Farabeuf said:
The ending with the princess was expected until she ordered him to actually lose a war. I didn't see that particular angle coming. At least now we'll know how him and Igsem will become enemies at some point.

Me neither, I was convinced that she was going ask him to marry her, into royalty and upon the throne.

I do think both Ikta and Yatori are aware that ultimately they'll be at odds with eachother. Hence, he asks her to remember, and hence also the conversation of what would happen when she'd be asked to kill him.

zcv45 said:
The ending with the princess reminded me of Japan. Like Katjrvana, WW2 Japan had a puppet imperial government. Japan lost the war but ended up being better politically with less authoritarian control and a economic powerhouse. Meanwhile it kept its unique culture.

There's also the case of the Greeks "conquering" the Romans, after being defeated by them.

You CAN win by losing a war.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 30, 2016 1:41 PM

Sep 2014
I had originally disliked the anime up until episode 4. Not that the first 3 episodes were bad but just not impactful enough. Although as I continued to watch I ended up liking it. Sucks that we don't get more episodes.

One of the gripes I had with the show was the character design, everyone has really similar faces. Still enjoyed it.

So was what happened with the princess and MC the "event" that all the LN readers were talking about?

Here's to hoping for a second season that we wont get...
Sep 30, 2016 1:46 PM
Oct 2009
Her idea to save the Empire is bad and she should feel bad. Losing a decisive war against the Kioka Republic will mean the Empire in all likelihood will crease to exist rather than reform itself in more ways than one.

I kinda suspect this might be somewhat based on the whole Empire of Japan angle, except that isn't how it works out in the mayority of cases and would be unlikely to work out in this case aswell.

So far we've seen Kioka as expansionistic and aggressive in all regards. If it defeated the Empire for good it would not let it stick around, reform and reorganize itself it would in all likelihood cut it up and absorb it piece by piece. There's also other factions all around it, who'd want their share.

The talk about the collapse he's giving Yatori at the end would be the most likely outcome for her plan. With various outside factions cutting the country up for pieces and the people being trampled.

The author should have a look at what most of the time happened to a defeated country, what most of the time happened to the population of these countries. Because we aren't talking about a large empire being defeated in a war over colonies but being invaded and decisively defeated on it's very home soil. It's not pretty, it's not desirable, it's the worst thing that can happen to the very people and all they hold dear.
Sep 30, 2016 1:49 PM

Jul 2015
I'm really looking forward for a second season.
If this doesn't get one it would be a huge waste...
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Sep 30, 2016 2:01 PM

Jan 2011
And this ends my favourite anime of this season and one of the most for all I´ve seen.
Sep 30, 2016 2:06 PM

Nov 2014
Honestly I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't really expect anything better than average from this anime but I gotta say that it's at least good. 7/10
Sep 30, 2016 2:25 PM

Apr 2011
Awesome anime, really hopes it gets a second season. 10/10

i still really hate the princess though lol, although i've hated her ever since i read the LN as well :D
but a good ending as well
Sep 30, 2016 2:28 PM

Sep 2016
It was a nice anime, a shame we won't probably get a second season.
Sep 30, 2016 2:33 PM
Sep 2016
Handz said:
Awesome anime, really hopes it gets a second season. 10/10

i still really hate the princess though lol, although i've hated her ever since i read the LN as well :D
but a good ending as well

if you read ln you know about yatori ?
Sep 30, 2016 2:37 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty solid ending, I didn't really care too much for this anime but I suppose it was one of the better shows of the summer. I'm not itching for a second season but I'd welcome one if it happens. 6/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 30, 2016 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
Hmmm....its hard to rate that the way it ended...

EP 1,2 was really solid:9/10
Ep 3-10 was meh:7/10 (maybe one of them was good hence,)
Ep 11-13 was good 8/10

Overall: 8/10....

Ikta X Yatori was a time waster..
Some stragedies were acctually good
learn something about war elements

Finally no 2nd season confirm yet...wished they could made 50 EP then it could been much entertaining! and dont know if I will grab the manga since madhouse is unpredictable.
Sep 30, 2016 3:06 PM

Jun 2013
So Ikta pulls off one hell of a trick on Jean. I totally expected him to have his men hide among the straw and wood for a sneak attack to throw everyone off. And the negotiations were pretty cool. Ikta and his bluffs. Jean knew that Ikta was bluffing with the Remeon air rifle dude on stand by, but he wasn't 100% sure which is why he gave in to Ikta's demands and retreated allowing them to escape. And Safida gets executed for war crimes as the shitstorm up north is becoming a big pain in the ass now. And Chamille wants Ikta to rise to the top of the army and lose a war. She wants him to lose a war which can be wo. so that Kioka culture infiltrates them and then whatever happens and they fix the country. But Ikta doesn't give a damn about the empire and doesn't want to lose a battle which may very well result in Yatori having to come for his head.

This was quite an intriguing show. The military tactics and stuff weren't as extravagant as I expected but were still quite fun and interesting to watch. The ending is only the beginning which is quite, well, expected. And especially after how Chamille made that request/order to Ikta, I'm really interested in finding out what Ikta's next move is – will he go along with the princess' plans or go against her? This wasn't Madhouse's flagship work and it had some issues with the visuals at times. It was a pretty good show but didn't come off as memorable in any way. Maybe later parts are more interesting but I'll never know unless this gets a sequel.
Sep 30, 2016 3:09 PM

Sep 2014
How can you set it to "completed"? For me it's still airing somehow. What's up with that?
Sep 30, 2016 3:10 PM

Feb 2012
Although i'd love to have another season of this, I don't really see it happening. It's going to suck not being able to look forward to this every week now.
Sep 30, 2016 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
Burger-Meister said:
Solid ending all things considered. Does leave open a lot of possibilities though.

8/10 for the series as a whole, really surprised on how much I liked this series.

That's the point. Depending on the sales of the merch and LN's they might do a second season in 2017. Personally I really hope that happens, really enjoyed it a lot. The Light Novel is now at nr. 10.
Sep 30, 2016 3:26 PM

Apr 2013
First of all, I'll say I liked the conclusion to the conflict with the white haired genius. I haven't been impressed by many of the supposedly clever strategies from Ikta, but I liked the bluff of there being a sniper. Secondly, that last scene was really damn good and makes me very interested in seeing where the story will go from there onwards, especially considering how much a clash between Yatori and Ikta has been foreshadowed.

About the anime, it's been an enjoyable ride tuning in every week to watch Ikta outsmart his opponents or just be the lazy ass he is, but sadly I think that was pretty much the only draw of the series. The war aspect lacked in depth for me to fully enjoy and the setting, which on paper is very interesting, was never really explored properly. The production values have also been disappointing and other than the mc, the rest of the cast was pretty lackluster. Still, Ikta carried the show pretty hard so I haven't been as annoyed with these issues as I would have been otherwise.

7/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 30, 2016 3:38 PM

Aug 2011
I like deal in between Ikta and Princess. so next episode when?
Sep 30, 2016 4:33 PM

May 2015
Not a bad finale.

Just like 91 Days, this show's been an enjoyable ride, and was one of the better shows this season. A second season would be great. 8/10.

Sep 30, 2016 4:47 PM
Nov 2013
uzee said:

And negotiations like they were having wouldn't have much of a purpose if as soon as people agreed and turned their backs someone started shooting again. The enemy general was an honorable man, he lost and wasn't about to throw away his honor just so he could kill a man that outsmarted him. That would be winning in the wrong way.
Sep 30, 2016 5:07 PM

Aug 2013
Very good show; probably one of the best shows of the Summer season that wasn't talked about too much. Glad they adapted the ending from volume 1 at last so yeah. I head this show adapted the first 4 volumes of the LNs so who knows what happens next. That ending was basically telling the viewer to read the source even though this show should get a season 2. But...we got Studio Madhouse so ya know how they work; though OPM is getting a season 2 so who knows what the future may hold.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 30, 2016 5:21 PM
Jan 2016
Pretty satisfied for the way it ended. great anime overall. 7/10.

i hope for season 2 but this madhouse so :p
Sep 30, 2016 5:38 PM

May 2010
8/10 one of my favs this season. would like a second one,
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So any chance of a continuation ?

Morningstar991 - Aug 11

15 by NonSenseWILH »»
Aug 13, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

69 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 28, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

103 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 27, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

105 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 27, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

71 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 27, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.