3It was OK
4.5%
2Disliked it
0.5%
1Hated it
2.7%
Average 4.6
220 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 3, 2015 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More investigations on Makata Shiki this episode...

Looks interesting though considering that Moe is expressing a bit more of her own theories based on her experiences with that girl. And not only that, I liked how the slight mood change contrast with the eerie atmosphere of the show. Moe' theories about the killer sounds disturbing imo although I think Sohei has the catch about the why rather than just who.

Not bad overall for the buildup.
Stark700Dec 3, 2015 11:19 AM
Dec 3, 2015 11:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The daughter theory is confirmed and the way they gradually built up to it was executed very well too

But that ending......What the actual fuck O_O I'm not sure if the daughter is the one that died or if Shiki actually did indeed die lol

Two more episodes to go and I want them so badly right now :(
Dec 3, 2015 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
I see, there were two people inside the room. Magata has a daughter! That explained it!
Dec 3, 2015 11:40 AM

Nov 2014
That was so good. I just hope they reveal who the killer is next week, and don't prolong the buildup too much.

5/5
Dec 3, 2015 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
Nishinisono-kun, your ability to quickly, but not instantly, do arithmetic in your head was something only you could. Of course, there was no urgency to get an answer, any person could have done it with pen and paper, any programmer could have quickly written a script, and the computer probably already had a program capable of doing so. Thank you.

Other than that, and though the scenes and situations have many differences, the when Moe realized (part of) the truth and cried, I was reminded of a certain scene of the current season of Monogatari.
Dec 3, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
So the theory about Magata having a child that became the killer was right after all. I wonder why the killer didn't leave after killing Magata though, that is if Saikawa is indeed correct about the killer being with them in the room. Actually, how does he know that or that the child is a girl? I can pretty much follow the logic of everything else so far, but that seems like a massive assumption to make, especially after having a slight moan at Moe for doing the same about the killer leaving and escaping.

Great episode, and now I really can't wait for next episode to presumably see who the killer actually. Although, if that is what happens, I struggle to see what else the series will do until its end.
Dec 3, 2015 12:04 PM

Feb 2013
:O No.6 and Guilty Crown posters (dunno about the others lol)

The ending confused me af! Just 2 more episodes, yay. Who the fuck is the killer? Wanna know asap! >.<
Dec 3, 2015 12:30 PM

Jan 2008
Holy shit, it's confirmed! There was actually two. Literally a perfect "insider."

Now we have some Transcendence stuff going on here. I'm guessing her mind is in the computer now.
Dec 3, 2015 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
danieltortoisee said:
So the theory about Magata having a child that became the killer was right after all. I wonder why the killer didn't leave after killing Magata though, that is if Saikawa is indeed correct about the killer being with them in the room. Actually, how does he know that or that the child is a girl? I can pretty much follow the logic of everything else so far, but that seems like a massive assumption to make, especially after having a slight moan at Moe for doing the same about the killer leaving and escaping.

Great episode, and now I really can't wait for next episode to presumably see who the killer actually. Although, if that is what happens, I struggle to see what else the series will do until its end.

He said it's a girl cause the corpse they saw is Magata's child, remember why they always kept talking about how young the body was? It's because Dr. Magata is still alive, and she killed her own daughter to scape.

P.S: Just noticed that Moe's voice actress has the same haircut as her LOL :P
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Dec 3, 2015 12:45 PM

Dec 2014
holy shit....... Dr magata is alive but I think her daughter is pretending to be her. That's why no one saw her for fifteen years... get it F. I think it stands for Everything is finished at fifteen. You dont think its ood how after fifteen years she finally showed herself
Dec 3, 2015 12:59 PM

Nov 2012
Only crime on this series is that Moe is still alive........
Dec 3, 2015 1:10 PM

Apr 2015
Really good episode, I'm looking forward to the next episodes. Still one of the most underrated anime for this season imo, hope these last episodes will change people's minds.
Dec 3, 2015 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
Mind blowing! I knew that this will be AOTS when I saw the poster for the first time xD
I love how they talk about programming. It's not too hard for understand for people which have no knowledge about it, but it's not a bullshit (like it is always showed in 'Murican blockbusters).

I can't wait to next week.
rsc-plDec 3, 2015 1:18 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 3, 2015 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
this anime never fails to surprise me!
this anime had a slow start but it's really getting good at the climax. can't wait for next episode, damn that ending though
Dec 3, 2015 1:21 PM

Jun 2014
Damn this episode was really good. All the buildup throughout the episode, the reveal of who the killer was, and Dr. Magata (assuming that really is her) "appearing" at the end (well, her voice at least).

I can't wait to see how these last 2 episodes play out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Dec 3, 2015 1:32 PM

Sep 2015
This episode is very interesting to watch, I can't wait to see who is the murderer ! *o*
Dec 3, 2015 1:37 PM

Jun 2014
The real question is: who is the father?... unimportant, or did I miss something?
Dec 3, 2015 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
NOOO, now I gotta wait another week to find out the truth to the whole case :(

And is it just me or does saikawa have the potential to have a harem lol.
Dec 3, 2015 1:52 PM

Jul 2015
Moe is beyond calculator levels. That calculation was insane. And Shiki is alive and had a kid. Holy shit. Literally the perfect insider. Killed her own kid. That's crazy. This anime keeps getting better and better! Can't wait for next week's episode!
Dec 3, 2015 1:58 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Magata Shiki has a daughter, I and many have been guessing that. I was hoping it was not the case as I wanted to be surprised. But oh well, at least the anime is mooving XD

4/5
Dec 3, 2015 2:15 PM

May 2015
Well, fuck, what a great episode. Pretty well executed, and a lot of things became clear. But damn though, it had to end right there. Now I'm even more excited for the next episode! Hopefully the final two episodes will be just as great.

Dec 3, 2015 2:15 PM

Jan 2014
A small potential plothole regarding the video file. i'm almost positive that the extra copy of the 12_00 file would have been renamed as 12_00_1 or similar. I've never seen a system being able to do a overwrite without permission or consent from the user, not on PC, Mac or the various distributions of linux i've used. Though of course if they have (which i recall Yukihiro saying) programmed the OS themselves, then it could have been a part of the plan from the beginning, meaning that one of the programmers has been in on the murder.

Seems like we're finally getting to the bottom of this case. Very interesting episode.
Dec 3, 2015 2:17 PM

May 2012
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
The real question is: who is the father?... unimportant, or did I miss something?
I doubt you missed it. It's rather easy to piece together.

Nothing surprising.
Dec 3, 2015 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
Having been spoilt since episode 4 or 5, I must say that the overall execution was done quite well. The use of technology to explain the gap in time was logically sound. Deleting a file may lead to a backup somewhere in the system, but overwriting it.... that's smart.

And if net trolls are to be believed......

Welp... let's see how much of this they actually adapted.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 3, 2015 2:44 PM

May 2013
Finally they're revealing the case
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 3, 2015 2:52 PM

Nov 2012
k11chi said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
I doubt you missed it. It's rather easy to piece together.

Nothing surprising.

I think he meant if the characters, Moe and Shoehei, know who is the father. Of course for us viewers would be easy since we saw those flashbacks...
Dec 3, 2015 3:00 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode in terms of getting closer to the actual mystery.

2 more weeks. Better not blow it A-1.
Dec 3, 2015 3:04 PM

Apr 2013
What a wonderful way of solving the big "Mystery".
Dec 3, 2015 3:45 PM

Aug 2015
Holy shit.
Dec 3, 2015 3:46 PM

Jun 2010
omg I think I know why he knows the daughter was a girl. In the end when he talks to the killer he calls her "Magata Shiki" so assuming that Shiki killed her daughter then it would make sense to know that she is a girl. Shiki made it look as though *she* was the one being killed and not her daughter. Besides, who else could manage such an atrocious murder other than Shiki? We have already established that she is a sociopath and totally crazy (I hate her).
Also it was kind of funny how Moe got all angry when that fashion magazine woman (I don't remember her name) told her Saikawa-sensei stayed at her house. Um, well not funny, just kind of interesting. I wanted to see some development in their relationship.
Although I *do* have to say, everything unfolded too quickly, they went from not having a clue about the murder to knowing who the killer is and how they got in and out of the room. However, it still seems believable so I guess it's fine. I'm just kind of disappointed it didn't build up more tension.
Dec 3, 2015 4:35 PM

Mar 2014
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

There was that flashback scene where Magata was saying something like "Touch me" or something while only wearing a towel right? I think that was it.
Dec 3, 2015 5:17 PM

Aug 2014
If he dies before he reveals the murderer he is a fucking asshole.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Dec 3, 2015 5:22 PM

Dec 2014
ah, great show
i'm really glad to see a show where people actually know and talk about computers (even if it's juste basic stuff), also who says integer over int in normal conversation though...
Dec 3, 2015 5:26 PM
Jan 2014
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Dr. Magata's uncle
Dec 3, 2015 6:26 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, everything is coming together nicely.
Dec 3, 2015 6:38 PM

Sep 2010
Everything is coming together now. I look forward to the last two episodes.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Dec 3, 2015 6:40 PM

Oct 2011
Everything becoming together OMG

NO 6 and GUILTY CROWN OMG
AnimeFan500Dec 3, 2015 6:45 PM
Dec 3, 2015 7:03 PM

Jun 2008
I knew it! She had a daughter in there somehow, by herself, without anyone discovering it (I guess the director, aka the father, probably knew, and maybe helped cover it up)

The corpse is the daughter. They only assumed it was Shiki because Moe said so when they saw the corpse, because she was the person Moe met. As soon as Saikawa said "it wasn't Shiki you met", it makes sense that who we thought was Shiki was actually Shiki's daughter (and they commented on how young she looked etc). And if the corpse was the daughter, then that makes Shiki the killer.

Haha the system crashed due to integer overflow of a hard-coded variable, you could say it's a ticking time bomb XD I like that the mystery is solved with Math and Computer Science =D

Still not sure what "Subete ga F ni naru" means, nor what her motives are (the 2 are probably related).

CandyFace said:
A small potential plothole regarding the video file. i'm almost positive that the extra copy of the 12_00 file would have been renamed as 12_00_1 or similar. I've never seen a system being able to do a overwrite without permission or consent from the user, not on PC, Mac or the various distributions of linux i've used. Though of course if they have (which i recall Yukihiro saying) programmed the OS themselves, then it could have been a part of the plan from the beginning, meaning that one of the programmers has been in on the murder.

I was thinking that too, like "wouldn't the second file be renamed?" but you reminded me that their OS is custom. I think they said Shiki programmed the OS herself, so she probably intentionally made overwriting files automatic.
MapleRoseDec 3, 2015 7:13 PM
Dec 3, 2015 7:04 PM

Jul 2010
just wondering why the pc wouldn't create a file that's 12:00 (1) because that's normally the case with duplicates
Dec 3, 2015 7:29 PM

Feb 2014
Yes my theory I thought off back in episode four was confirmed! Haha I got it right :D

Though I am still thinking there might be one twist left given there are still two episodes remaining, that's two long just to reveal the killer.
Dec 3, 2015 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
I feel kinda eh about the child theory being correct. Hopefully these last two eps deliver.
Dec 3, 2015 8:07 PM
Mar 2012
This is my theory based on everything that has happened
Dec 3, 2015 8:12 PM

Nov 2011
So Magata killed her daughter. An alright revelation. Looking forward to having a few things explained in the next episodes, or not.
Dec 3, 2015 8:42 PM

Mar 2013
those noitaminA anime posters though
Dec 3, 2015 8:56 PM

Feb 2013
Jroflcopter said:
just wondering why the pc wouldn't create a file that's 12:00 (1) because that's normally the case with duplicates

block100 said:
Also I'm pretty sure a file wouldn't overwrite an existing file but instead put a (1) after it.

Exactly what I was thinking. Cuz duplicate named files will either have (1) next to them or the system will ask for confirmation on whether to keep the previous file or replace it with the new one. Maybe their excuse is that the OS is different :P
Dec 3, 2015 10:27 PM

Aug 2013
Well shit. I was confident when I posted that theory last week, but seeing it actually come true still kind of surprises me.

Only questions I really have left are how did Magata take care of her daughter, especially in her infant years, and where is she now that she escaped the room, killed Shindo, and is now on call with Saikawa?

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

The uncle? I thought they made that pretty clear by showing all of the Uncle/Shiki implied incest scenes for like 6 weeks straight at the end of each episode.

aikaflip said:
That was so good. I just hope they reveal who the killer is next week, and don't prolong the buildup too much.

Well since he said the killer was in the room and would confess...and then immediately put a call through on the computer to Magata Shiki...I'm going to assume the killer is Magata Shiki.

AnimeFan500 said:

NO 6 and GUILTY CROWN OMG

There was also one for Robotics;Notes
Dec 3, 2015 11:02 PM

Nov 2012
so magata really had a child... but it was her who killed her child after all? well i'm glad they're finally starting to solve the mystery.
Dec 3, 2015 11:59 PM
Sep 2015
Most people already could guess she had a daughter after the second or third episode, also the fact they kept mentioning how young she looked was also a big hint but what I wanted to know is how the fucked did she get out of the room. So yeah I think it was done in a clever way although people who aren't familiar with programming might not have grasped it.
Dec 4, 2015 12:00 AM

Apr 2014
It's getting good now, I love closed box cases.
Dec 4, 2015 12:35 AM

Aug 2009
Oi, I think shiki and her daughter are both alive in one body. gotta remember the motive with split personality and personalities being dead people. body is only a container, right?
it doesn't really matter. everything became F in a programming language sense. they're united.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

230 by ontans »»
Sep 23, 5:15 PM

» How was the aunt unaware about Miki?

--l-- - Dec 23, 2015

5 by Sisyphus_the_max »»
Sep 16, 2:34 PM

» Just dreamt about the character design 🤔

nakitama21 - Jul 29

0 by nakitama21 »»
Jul 29, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

176 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2015

81 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 9:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.