Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
68.7%
4Liked it!
22.6%
3It was OK
6.7%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
0.5%
Average 4.6
403 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2015 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, everyone is pointing fingers now.

Adelt is the one that almost everyone has their eyes on. Chamo and Hans looked like they were ready to kill him for a moment. Only the bunny girl doesn't suspect him. The fight between Adelt and Hans was cut pretty fast. Hans shows his skills as an assassin while Adelt escapes. I guess this is kinda turning into a cat and mouse game now.

Also kinda nice to see more of Adelt's past.
Not a very pleasant one though...
Stark700Aug 8, 2015 1:05 PM
Aug 8, 2015 12:51 PM
Mar 2014
Storytelling was decent, although I don't rate this ep as 5/5. It felt a bit weird, but in a way I can't directly conclude what's the cause of it.

Looking forward to next week again though.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Aug 8, 2015 1:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Just when this mystery is about to unfold, now we have an 8th person lol

Poor Adlet has everyone but Nashetania (Like seriously dude, why do you treat her so badly >.<) thinking that he's the 7th Brave.....I was shocked to see how quick they were to attack him though

Hopefully both of these mysteries will get resolved next week
Aug 8, 2015 1:03 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Pretty slow.

Adlet and Flamie now alone, Flamie might try to protect Adlet in the future as she did show interest in him at the end.
Aug 8, 2015 1:12 PM
Apr 2014
Am I the only one who find all this stupid. They said that the one who activated the barrier can deactivated. Why don't they just try to deactivated one by one and when it work you kill the one who did it.
Aug 8, 2015 1:13 PM

Jan 2012
Well my suspicion still lies primarily with Nashetania and Goldof. She seemed as if she was feeling mighty guilty about something, and he probably attacked Adlet to protect her since it seems like he loves her...but no proof of course, we'll see eventually. :D
Aug 8, 2015 1:14 PM

May 2012
Now there is an eighth? Great.

Once again another amazing episode. They switch the op and the ending again. I hope all the braves fight like they did in the op.

Damn I still not even close to figuring out who did it. This is just getting better and better with evey episode. Also love the character design that gave to Aldet in the flash back. You can just tell he hasn't eaten for weeks.

6/5 can't wai tfor the next episode.
Aug 8, 2015 1:15 PM

Jan 2015
The 7th really setup a good trap here. Little to no wriggle room for Adlet. More screen time for Flamie is always good, and the Adlet flashbacks were good too.

Plus I gotta hand it to Adlet, he probably has some of the most willpower out of anybody in this show.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Aug 8, 2015 1:16 PM

May 2012
Walz said:
Am I the only one who find all this stupid. They said that the one who activated the barrier can deactivated. Why don't they just try to deactivated one by one and when it work you kill the one who did it.

I thought Nashetania broke one of the pieces so they can't anymore. I could be wrong tho.
Aug 8, 2015 1:17 PM

Apr 2013
Fremy's ending o/

And Adlet's voice when he was young : Miyuki Sawashiro o/ so she wasn't just the narrator for the first2 episodes after all.

Walz said:

So, what's the way to deactivate the barrier then? Even Mora said she doesn't know and that it's not written anywhere in the room. How do you make people deactivate the barrier if you don't know which move, which sentence you're supposed to use? Several of them already tried to use different way and nothing worked.
It's not stupid, it's what happens when you don't pay attention to what is written.

King_of_Anime said:
Walz said:

I thought Nashetania broke one of the pieces so they can't anymore. I could be wrong tho.

Yes that's wrong, that's not the problem. CF above. IF she broke something important you can be sure that she would be the one with blades turned toward her right now... Those peoples aren't stupid.
Aug 8, 2015 1:21 PM

Jun 2014
There's an 8th person involved? Wow.

We got to see a little bit of Adlet's backstory, and it looks like he and Fremy might bond a little more. Decent episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 8, 2015 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
And as I expeted, it's not that they're lazyu with the 2nd opening liek some peoples complained last time. They're changing bit by bit to avoid spoiling stuff.
This episode the opening footage had new content again.
There's almost nothing from the first opening left now.
Aug 8, 2015 1:26 PM

Aug 2010
Tokoya said:

Lol, this is what the whole series is gonna be about. Don't go expecting it to be resolved in 1 ep XD
Aug 8, 2015 1:27 PM

Apr 2013
yeah, that episode did cover like half of what I thought it would cover. This definitely is one volume = 12 episodes now.
No doubt left between 1 volume or 1 and half.
Aug 8, 2015 1:27 PM

Apr 2015
Alright episode. There's more speculation on how Adlet had gotten through the temple without the possibility that he couldn't be a fake, and there's a brief glimpse of his backstory there. That forced attribute he acquired in smiling feels kind of off to me, but I guess it's fine.
Aug 8, 2015 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Adlet, he is being suspected by the other Braves that he is the seventh.
Aug 8, 2015 1:34 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome ep. Really loving the changes in the OP. The Fremy ED was <3 Liked it more than the Nashetania one.

The way the Braves just straight ahead attacked Adlet and how he just took Fremy as hostage was intense!! No time to overthink things if u wish to live. Gotta love how quick on their feet all these guys are. U can tell they're experienced veterans both Hans and Adlet especially.

The conversation with Fremy was really nice. Can't wait for more of that nxt week. Also the Adlet flashback was cool too. "SMILE" while getting BTFO being the first thing to be taught shows this Sensei is the real deal.

This ep made Nashetania a bit less of a suspect but still definitely high on the list.
Aug 8, 2015 1:37 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Tokoya said:

Lol, this is what the whole series is gonna be about. Don't go expecting it to be resolved in 1 ep XD
Oh boy lol xD
Aug 8, 2015 1:40 PM
May 2013
zerorequiem_ said:
Another excellent episode. We got some insight on Adlet's past and we also got to witness a little fight between him and Hans (who is fastly becoming one of my favorites). This is certainly turning out to be one interesting cat and mouse game.

And major props for yet another charming ED song.

After doing some re-watching and thinking, I'm leaning towards Nashetania being the seventh after all.

This is an interesting theory. Maura could also have made Riura make the fog, and then killed her afterwards. They are both from the same temple after all.
Aug 8, 2015 1:41 PM

Jul 2007
Well this episode made Adlet look crazy as all hell. The scene near the end with him smiling was as disturbing ashim learning to smile.
I am now leaning towards Adlet being brainwashed or something and being unaware that he is a fake. Him learning to smile certainly feels very pavlovian int he nature, so It would be not that surprising if he had triggers placed within his psyche for that kind of shit. He certainly looked quite deranged in the end, I guess which is why Fremy finally took real notice of him.
His sense of self-importance also feels very overblown and he seems to have slight persecution complex(thinking this whole situation is just to kill him)
Also when he was thinking about second needle when he was about to pass out was he going to kill Fremy? At least that's how it seemed to me.
Either way its quite clear that Adlet is not really a psychologically stable individual.

The other braves reaction is also interesting:
- For Hans its pretty much amusing game of clue
- Nashetania is in disbelief and wants to trust Adlet since she spent the most time with him.
- Goldof is clearly wanting to get rid of Adlet, brimming with male yandere vibes.
- Chamo seems to just want to kill people but is more interested in offing Fremy.
- Maura seems to have been awfully quick in agreeing with Hans tho.

Either way, currently my suspicion lies with Adlet. There's a lot about his behavior that does not add up and with what we learned this episode about the hint of how he was trained, he is certainly most suspicious of the bunch.

Also interested in where they go with there being an 8th person within the barrier.

Last but not least they updated the OP again to showcase the main point of the show I guess, which is VERY nice. easily my favorite OP of the season.

5/5
Aug 8, 2015 1:41 PM

Dec 2008
That was so good.
Went by so fast though ;---; I want next week to get here already!
Aug 8, 2015 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
RoyaiChaos said:
If an anime makes 20 minutes feel like 5, it's doing something right.

This.

Aug 8, 2015 1:43 PM

Jul 2014
So Adlet used to be a girl. Could have gone into his training a bit more than just him getting kicked a lot. Oh well.
Aug 8, 2015 1:52 PM

Feb 2009
I guess Hans is the fake brave - because he is the only one turnd around (head is on the bottom) in the first seconds of the new opening.

Sadly the "who is the fake brave?" thread is dark and full of spoilers so i can't write this there (i only read that there were spoilers so this is enough for me to be far far away from that thread)
Aug 8, 2015 1:53 PM

Jan 2013
Well, that escalated quickly. Especially with 8th Brave now, assuming it exist.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Aug 8, 2015 1:53 PM

Apr 2012
So good. Love the continued tension.

Aug 8, 2015 1:56 PM

Nov 2009
It's always over so painfully fast... and then a week long wait again...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 8, 2015 1:59 PM

Nov 2014
Adlet needs to stop. The guy sounds delusional saying there's an 8th. lol.

Wild guess..
Aug 8, 2015 2:04 PM

Apr 2012
Arcos said:
I guess Hans is the fake brave - because he is the only one turnd around (head is on the bottom) in the first seconds of the new opening.

Sadly the "who is the fake brave?" thread is dark and full of spoilers so i can't write this there (i only read that there were spoilers so this is enough for me to be far far away from that thread)

i was reading that thread but didn't pick up on any spoilers either. I'm staying away from it now too lol

Aug 8, 2015 2:06 PM

Feb 2011
new opening segment :o what the hell are they doing? attacking each other :o what a mess

"smile!!" *kick* xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 8, 2015 2:08 PM

May 2015
Great episode again. Also liking the new ED. So there's a possibility of another Brave, who knows. Can't wait to find out in future episodes. Looking forward to it.

Aug 8, 2015 2:10 PM

Feb 2014
This keeps getting better. Damn.
I don't believe Adlet is the fake one, my suspicion lies in Nashetania or Goldof.
Aug 8, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
Since another episode didn't explained anything ...

I am still not sure who activated the barrier. I personally thought it was either Adlet or Nashetania, but I checked the 4th episode again, but no one of them actually stabbed the sword to the pedestal and they didn't said the chant.

edit... I guess I'll try in another discussion, it is less messy than this one. And there aren't any real spoilers anyway. yet so far.
beast_regardsAug 8, 2015 2:24 PM
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Aug 8, 2015 2:23 PM

Nov 2014
At 1:01 in the opening could be the alligator the 8th?... I hate bunny girl she is the drama queen, suddenly overreacting, made Goldorf want kill Adlet, and pretended she was manipulated by Adlet.
Aug 8, 2015 2:30 PM

Jul 2007
Sephil said:
she is the drama queen

Because obviously people crumbling under pressure makes them drama queens?
suddenly overreacting,

WUT
made Goldorf want kill Adlet,

Never happened and also I am pretty sure Goldof wanted that already fo ra while
and pretended she was manipulated by Adlet.

Never happened
Aug 8, 2015 2:31 PM
Dec 2013
Can't say i didn't loved this episode cuz that'd be the biggest lie ever <3 AdoretoXFuremi all the way.

Hans really demonstrating that he's an assasin, dictating the position of Adoreto via the echo of his footsteps and landing the knife like he had total vision of the hallway; Nashetanya really doubting Adoreto is the seventh hero.

As if wasn't clear enough in the last episode that Adoreto was going to get charged with being the seventh assasin, he starts to throw out any *im* possible excuse to try to save his ass.

Don't know what to say about the Furemi ending, just cuz the Nashetanya ending left me shocked due to its awesomeness. !
"If i were to be the protagonist of a story, it would be a tragedy"
Aug 8, 2015 2:37 PM

Jul 2014
llcruz said:
This keeps getting better. Damn.
I don't believe Adlet is the fake one, my suspicion lies in Nashetania or Goldof.

They've done a good job of showing it can only be Adlet, which we know it isn't, so the "solution" has to be silly. Also the whole setup requires so much knowledge and effort whoever did it could have more far more easily achieved their objective another way.
Aug 8, 2015 2:37 PM

Jan 2014
Episode was too good = too short. I suspected Goldof since he was the one to rush Adlet and start the fight that more or less established Adlet as the culprit. Hadn't even considered that there was an eighth. This is getting better and better and I haven't seen all the braves in action yet. The op was great.
Aug 8, 2015 2:38 PM

Apr 2012
Adlet and Fremy are completely off my suspect list. I mean even if he did activate the barrier, he was probably setup and did not do it intentionally. He has no motive to collude with the demon king or anyone that is working for him. The backstory definitely clears any suspicion that I had of him last week.

Also Fremy officially best girl of the series

Aug 8, 2015 2:40 PM

Sep 2013
The Fumie ed :O

Maybe one of the braves is dead and their body has been taken over by a fiend :) probably chamot
Aug 8, 2015 2:44 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode.

ichii_1 said:
Maybe one of the braves is dead and their body has been taken over by a fiend :) probably chamot
I never though if it that way - that could be a possibility.
Aug 8, 2015 2:52 PM
Jan 2014
Ok ok. I saw some Fremie best girl posts like episode 2.. And now I'll say it too: Fremie best girl. She's mine back off k thanks.
Aug 8, 2015 2:56 PM

Apr 2014
This episode made me shout at my computer screen for a while =__=

For being chosen Braves, they sure are being very hard on Adlet (poor him). Goldolf didn't even even give him a second chance to redeem himself (stupid Goldolf and I used to respect him too -__-).

And, damn it Adlet! Why did you have to run away like that? Now their going to think that you're the seventh (-__-;) But Goldolf, Chamot, and Hans were ready to kill him anyway so I guess he made the right choice, but still (>__<)!

I then laughed and cringed at the theories Adlet was making about the seventh and eighth Brave XD I mean, where did that came from? It's so farfetch'd! At least I'm happy that Flamie is with Adlet. She seems trustworthy in my eyes. Good job in kidnapping the right person to go with you on your journey in finding the seventh, Adlet (^_-)b!

To me, it seems like this entire series will be focusing on finding the seventh and the random eight Brave. What happen to the goal of defeating the demon king O_o? Oh well. At least the mystery will keep me on my feet :3
Aug 8, 2015 3:01 PM

Nov 2007
So young Adlet was our Narrator-san all along. Also, Flamie best girl confirmed after this episode.

Best episode of the series so far. 5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 8, 2015 3:08 PM

Apr 2013
ichii_1 said:

While the idea in itself isn't bad, why Chamo? Did they launch half of their army on her to kill her? Because I don't think just few fiends would cut it to kill the girl called "history strongest" , right x). If Even Fremy didn't manage to snipe/ambush her when she managed to snipe other strong potential braves, an ambush from a few fiends are certainly a laughable threat level for Swamp-chan :p
Aug 8, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
Zefyris said:
ichii_1 said:

While the idea in itself isn't bad, why Chamo? Did they launch half of their army on her to kill her? Because I don't think just few fiends would cut it to kill the girl called "history strongest" , right x). If Even Fremy didn't manage to snipe/ambush her when she managed to snipe other strong potential braves, an ambush from a few fiends are certainly a laughable threat level for Swamp-chan :p

I think its because Adlet said he did not know where she was when all this shit went down.
Aug 8, 2015 3:16 PM

Sep 2014
Well, I like the OP and ED.. But Its still weird to have no progress at all. Not in Char developement, but in actually moving out and do what they where meant to. None of them knows how to deactuvate the barrier. So what we gonna do? Play little deathmatch game. Lol.
I need to rewatch this in a marathon or something, because waiting a week to have half day of story feels odd to me.

Im pretty sure Nashetanya is fake. Considering her beeing weak and not suited for fighting the demon god at all. She even admits that she would have lost in the last tournament to one of the guys adlet was mocking. (And IF she would be any kind of strong > the guy would be really strong > the guy could handle adlet easy, even with his tricks, he had to fight the saint of blades. If he would be stupid, he wouldnt have "won". So my conlcusion: They are all weak.) with nearly 80 saints and pretty much skilled fighters all over the globe, the goddess of fait wouldnt have choosen Nashetanya. Also how she suddenly grabbed Adlet (to gain his trust..) and run of with him at the start, Lol. Totally princess like.
also, she is either retarded or very smart. She was clearly teasing Goldof so he would go to kill adlet. (Well, Im not sure if she thaught Goldof could kill adlet. He knows that he is pretty damn good prepared.)

Besides that:
Why did they wanted to meet at the only place where ALL of the braves could get taken out of the game fast.
Why has the saint of salt created a useless barrier. Its completely useless that the door cant be closed after it opened. The whole sense of the damn door is to keep strangers out. Considering adlet hasnt really used much or effective explosive (he hasnt used any to fight fiends after all) the door was also weak af.
Hans told us a story about the awesome doors she could create, why create a door thats so utterly useless. Other than plot ofcourse..

As a matter of fact, I cant say if this mind game is good or bad - without knowing the fake or without seeing everything all the time, I cant know if they simply havent shown us the crucial parts. If thats the case. Its bad and cheap. If not, I will be surprised.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 8, 2015 3:16 PM

Jul 2009
Nashetania and Goldof still acting like they don't know nothing, huh? I can't get this out of my mind since when Nashetania destroyed 2 items of the altar by ''accident'' while swinging that sword at ''random''.
Aug 8, 2015 3:25 PM

Apr 2014
So they conclude that it was Adlet base on Hans' reasoning.
Goldof seem to knows who is the fake hero.
Why didn't they think Nashetania might be the fake? Is it because she is a princess?
Also with the way she act, I'm amaze that know one say anything about it...she is acting way to suspicious.
Still my money is still onto Nashetania as the fake and I DON"T LIKE HER ONE BIT!
Fremy all the way!
Aug 8, 2015 3:46 PM

Apr 2013
Excellent episode, I especially liked the last bit where Adlet was smiling like a madman. He really did seem to be grasping at straws at the end, though. I'm not even sure I follow what his theory is. If, as he seemed to think, the eight activated the barrier, where would he have gone to before everyone assembled at the temple? It also seems a bit egocentric to assume the whole thing is to frame "the strongest man in the world".

Anyways, now that we're halfway through, I can safely say this is living up to my expectations, maybe even exceeding them. The story is intriguing, Adlet is a very cool mc and I really like how time is spent in scenes which don't necessarily advance the plot, but are still important for fleshing out characters and background information. The pacing seems to be just right basically.

The only complaints would be that the animation is often poor and sometimes the character faces are a bit derpy, but considering the art of the environments is excellent it doesn't even affect my enjoyment that much. What I'm more worried about is that there likely won't be a season 2, so I suspect there won't be a lot of plot progression, though I guess this is no fault of the show and I should enjoy it till it lasts.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Amazing until

RealityChanges - Jun 10

13 by quarterhorse2525 »»
Jun 22, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2015

306 by Rexnihilo »»
Jun 14, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

985 by WienGirl »»
Jun 6, 6:07 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

577 by WienGirl »»
Jun 6, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

252 by WienGirl »»
Jun 6, 5:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.