Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 25, 2015 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was intense!

Seems like Adelt had trouble with the shit that went down although the fight itself was short too. Glad to see him show the others that Fremy is also one of the Six Braves. i wanted to see more of Goldof vs. Adlet though

Loving the world fantasy of this show still.
The amount of flying mystical creatures made the episode quite exciting for the Six Braves :3

Solid action all around episode. 5/5. It's also nice to see more Brave showing up this episode...

Stark700Jul 25, 2015 1:06 PM
Jul 25, 2015 12:58 PM

Feb 2014
I LOVE THAT SET UP. So literally all of them have to stick together knowing one of them is an enemy. Wow.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Jul 25, 2015 12:59 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Oh wow, one of them is a fake? That's surprising, now we'll have to figure out who it is, eh? (i kinda count out the last guy who came in already....that would be too obvious)
Jul 25, 2015 1:04 PM

Jan 2012
So all of the braves meet at last, and are introduced to our main gimmick: who's the fake? It's early, but so far I like Maura's design most so I hope she's safe. :D
Jul 25, 2015 1:07 PM

Jul 2007
And this writing staff continues to prove they REALLY know how to display tension. Holy shit this episode. LIterally not a single moment without a proper atmosphere. That last moment with camera panning by all of them was beyond tense.

This was perfect episode and felt like a great example of a thriller genre.

Holy shit this episode. 5/5
Jul 25, 2015 1:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Rokka no Yuusha continues to show why it's the best series of the season....Absolutely briliiant episode

I was honestly shocked to see that this series threw us all a curve ball and actually made out Fremy to be the legit Brave Killer O_O That just makes her even more interesting to me now and I really want to know why she became the killer as well as why she suddenly wants the Demon King dead

The battles and suspense were at an all time high in this episode and were really freaking intense. Great action scenes, although the art and animation could have been better but I won't fall this show for it....I could only imagine what this show would look like if it had a better budget

Lastly, we finally get introduced to all of the Braves and like the synopsis said, there are 7 instead of 6 =o Gotta say that so far the other 3 Braves seem to be really likable, Chamot being the strongest Brave in history really caught my eye and his/her (I honestly dunno if they are a boy or a girl lol) has a cute personality, Maura the MILF seems like she's very level headed and the weird guy looks like he'll add a lot of humor and craziness to the cast

Speaking of crazy, Nashetania really flipped the fuck out in that temple......Personally I wouldn't mind it if there is no traitor among the group but if I had to guess as to who it would be, my guess would either be the weird guy, Chamot or Nashetania......I can see it being her due to her actions tbh, and I don't like how they're already trying to sink my ship by implying that Adlet has no romantic interests in her TwT

Overall this episode was brilliant and I can't wait to see where things go from here
Jul 25, 2015 1:19 PM
Jun 2015
Great episode. Loving all these characters and their designs.

That last scene was definitely the highlight of the episode, for me. The fake Brave thing was a nice twist, and the cinematography was excellently done and really built up that tension. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.
okqoiwfklweJul 25, 2015 1:22 PM
Jul 25, 2015 1:20 PM

Aug 2010
Let the mystery and mistrust commence :3

Really gotta love this tension man. Still retains its AOTS status for me. It's doing the LN so much justice >.<

Nashetania, Goldof and Fremy kicking Kyoma ass was awesome to see.

And Adlet's confrontation with Chamo was fun. This kid's just too much immediately saying "Let's kill Fremy" like that XD Chamo's strongest in the world title seems to be the real deal right now :P

Hanz my boy is finally here :D Can't wait to see his awesomeness. Definitely best boy (Or at least equal to Adlet)

Nashetania flipping out was lol. She's crazy. Good job with how Fremy stopped her :3

All the foreshadowing and clues for the solution of this mystery was in this ep btw :P

It was nice how they showed some of Goldof's past in the ED. I liked the prev ED song tho. Images of Nashetenia in this one were HAWT :L
Jul 25, 2015 1:27 PM

May 2012
TBH? I was not expecting that ending. Seven braves talk about a twist. And loved the way they set it up to. tapped in the barrier with a fake and the brave killer. Wonder how that's gonna play out.
Jul 25, 2015 1:30 PM

Apr 2012
Hahaha, I kept thinking there were too many braves in the opening. For some reason I think the fake is mountain, not swamp or new guy, if I start to doubt the other four I'll never figure it out.
Jul 25, 2015 1:36 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Good thing Adlet managed to stop the fight in the beginning before it got out of hand. Wonder what could be Fremy's reason for killing the potentials braves..

Battle choreography was decent, thought the animation was a bit jarring. But that's not really a major flaw. They'll probably fix it in the BDs. The backgrounds are still great though.

Damn. Nashetania almost lost her sh!t there for a moment. That was quite unexpected coming from a collected person like her.

New characters appear to be interesting so far. Out of the 7 that have gathered now, Hans seems to be the most suspicious. But he was probably deliberately given the loony image to deceive the viewers.

Decent episode. The tension is building up to be pretty thrilling. Hope it continues to be this way.

Jul 25, 2015 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
Hmm, I really don't know who is the fake one. The most reasonable thing is to doubt one of the new ones... nvm I actually think no one of them is fake.... idk.
Jul 25, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
Even though the synopsis said that seven Braves gathered instead of 6, the final scene was still great. The tension among the group was well-executed.

The synopsis also states who is accused of being the fake, but I can't wait for the next episode to see how they handle the situation. Great episode overall
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 25, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2015
Also Han's laugh literally made me laugh for 5 minutes. They've done very well with the pacing and character attributes so far. Although it was a bit too easy knowing who the traitor is, and I can't wait to see if the group will exclude someone, or rather keep working together.

Mod Note: Plot spoiler removed. Don't spoil.
rodacJul 25, 2015 6:26 PM
Jul 25, 2015 1:46 PM

Sep 2013
aLotQuestion said:
plot twist, princess is fake. lol

by the way, why did the princess said she is a "mistress of barrier"?

I want to know too
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jul 25, 2015 1:50 PM
Jun 2014
good episode. i wanna know who is the fake.
Jul 25, 2015 1:59 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Guess we're finally getting into the mystery elements... well I have my ideas about who the outsider is but only time will tell

Also just me or did this episode have some pretty serious derp moments in terms of animation? Like wtf is this, it's like an out-of-focus photography or something
Jul 25, 2015 2:12 PM
Jan 2014
I haven't read any of the visual novels so I'm not going to add any spoiler tags in here.

My theory is that Adlet is unknowingly setup to be on the Demon God's side at the climax. Just going off the fact that everything about his design has a sort of non-heroic tone to it.

His hair is red, his eyes are a reddish orange hue (both typically the color of blood/evil/satanist characters).

His fighting style is "dishonest," another indicator of the influence of evil.

I think his desire to defeat the Demon God is genuine and all of his actions are genuine.

BUT I think there's some kind of "born of the Demon God" or "under the Demon God's subliminal influence" thing going on here that will turn him against everyone temporarily until he is able to break the Demon God's control.

Just my theory, could be totally wrong. I have no idea if the novels are finished or if any of the mysteries have been unraveled.

TL;DR: MY THEORY IS THAT ADLET IS UNKNOWINGLY EVIL
Jul 25, 2015 2:19 PM

Nov 2014
Animation looks a bit weak this episode. I noticed some small parts that weren't drawn well and that spinning animation wasn't fluid and just made me dizzy
Hi there
Jul 25, 2015 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
There are seven Braves and one of them is a fake.

I wonder which one of them is fake.
Jul 25, 2015 2:23 PM

Aug 2014
I admit that this show started off kinda shaky but slowly but surely the tension and mystery rises and this series keep getting better an better.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 25, 2015 2:24 PM

Feb 2015
Another great episode. The artwork continues to impress along with some more great character designs. Hard to believe this is the same studio that did Rail Wars. It's a brilliant concept, it adds tension and mystery to what could have been just another save the world fantasy show. Never expected this show to be this good.

Right now I would say this is the anime of the season so far.
Jul 25, 2015 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
Ouuuu, most intense episode yet; love it.

Am I the only one shipping Goldov and Nashetania together? The ending scene for the ED made me want them to be together even more. That being said, that sequence makes me think that either Goldov or Adlet is the "fake" or at least the two are an important piece to Nashetania's life (since she did cry in that sequence after it showed the two side by side with a knife/her wand between them).

More fighting scenes are always good, we got to see the four of them team up too (surprising that Fremy didn't take long to adjust, though).

The whole gang is here! And they suspect a fake. We're finally up to the part that the synopsis has already told us was going to happen. Now we wait for them to suspect Adlet and then everything will be new.

As always, can't wait for the next episode; this episode has me pumped.
Jul 25, 2015 2:30 PM

Jul 2009
Well that was unexpected and the tension is killing me now. Who is the enemy? Man this will be be funny to watch and crush every little supposition about who is the fake one.

5/5
Jul 25, 2015 2:31 PM

Aug 2014
The only big negatives about this show is that the CGI is shit and that it's not going to be a full adaptation (unless it starts selling really well and to be fair with nas bunny girl, you never know!)

Jul 25, 2015 2:31 PM

Oct 2012
Cool. We're finally at the heart of the story and the tension was definitely there at the end. I hope the animation doesn't become a notable issue further on in the series as it's already starting to become a bit jerky and ugly looking.
Jul 25, 2015 2:32 PM
Jan 2014
black1blade said:
The only big negatives about this show is that the CGI is shit and that it's not going to be a full adaptation (unless it starts selling really well and to be fair with nas bunny girl, you never know!)

Pls don't say it won't be fully adapted. Pls D: Need full adaptation of bunny girl.
Jul 25, 2015 2:33 PM

Aug 2014
The crunchy roll release is also terrible, really pixelly even in 1080.

CJKDR said:
black1blade said:

Pls don't say it won't be fully adapted. Pls D: Need full adaptation of bunny girl.

Well as far as this season goes any way. Sequel are always a nice surprise but I wouldn't expect it. We shall see in a few months anyway.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
rodacJul 25, 2015 6:28 PM

Jul 25, 2015 2:37 PM
Jan 2014
black1blade said:
CJKDR said:

Well as far as this season goes any way. Sequel are always a nice surprise but I wouldn't expect it. We shall see in a few months anyway.

If they decide to not fully adapt I'm holding you accountable and you're financing the full adaptation so it gets green lit.
Jul 25, 2015 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
Did anyone else find the CGI effect when they were spinning around the seven characters quite nauseating?

As far as who the fake is goes..... All of them seem suspicious. What would be interesting is if the main character, Adlet, was the fake.... But that doesn't explain the scene when he gets chosen.... Hmmmm
Jul 25, 2015 2:56 PM

Jul 2014
A lot more interesting from last episode. We are introduced to all the Braves but it appears there is an "extra". Great, now there's gonna be even more division among the Six Braves.

More action this episode, but more CG. We're going to have to deal with it, I'm guessing.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jul 25, 2015 2:59 PM

Apr 2015
Appropriate episode for some buildup there. Not much of a surprise that there's an extra Brave because it felt like there was another there in visuals (too lazy to count actually). Wonder who it is.
Jul 25, 2015 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode and added to the tension and mistrust everyone feels toward the brave-killer, one of them is a fake. Who could it be? Maybe someone who doesn't even know they're a fake.
Jul 25, 2015 3:02 PM

Sep 2013
The introduction of the rest of the heroes. I'm really liking the easygoing fantasy atmosphere in this show, reminds me of the Tales of -games. I also like the twist at the end. I wonder if one of them is a fake..
Jul 25, 2015 3:12 PM

Mar 2010
Mora! (image shamelessly stolen from reddit)

Jul 25, 2015 3:15 PM

Nov 2010
So much QUALITY this week:

The framerate during that spinning sequence felt like playing on a PS4, lol.

About the "twist", anyone who'd been paying a modicum of attention already knew it was coming or could at least suspect it, since they've been hammering in the 6 chosen concept from the beginning while having an ending sequence with 7 main characters in it.
Jul 25, 2015 3:19 PM

May 2014
There's a good chance I'm wrong about this, but I'm just going to guess Goldof is the fake Brave. He seems like the type that would do something stupid (like imitating a Brave) just to be around Nashetania.
Jul 25, 2015 3:23 PM

Dec 2013
This ep took a pretty big leap forward in plot. I'm liking the adventure aspect of this already. I thought the background art was significantly better than the animation; I had to slow the action occasionally to see what happened, but on the whole nothing terrible. It's quite the motley crew they now have, so who's the fake? I'm thinking Adlet. If he says "I'm the strongest...." one more time I'm gonna punch my monitor.
Jul 25, 2015 3:26 PM

Jul 2009
Our main character sure likes to remind us that he's the "strongest person in the world" doesn't he? *sigh*. The anime also seems to have a tendency to only get interesting in the last 3 minutes of an episode or so, not really impressed with it so far.
Jul 25, 2015 3:30 PM
Jun 2014
Chillingflames said:
Our main character sure likes to remind us that he's the "strongest person in the world" doesn't he? *sigh*. The anime also seems to have a tendency to only get interesting in the last 3 minutes of an episode or so, not really impressed with it so far.

I really like that he refers to himself as that. But i'd really like an episode where he is able to prove it.

Your second sentence is correct but I really love the show.
Jul 25, 2015 3:37 PM

Jan 2014
That drop on the budget though
What the hell happen?

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Jul 25, 2015 3:40 PM
Jun 2009
kyle8998 said:
Animation looks a bit weak this episode. I noticed some small parts that weren't drawn well and that spinning animation wasn't fluid and just made me dizzy

yeah, there were some not well drawn faces here and there...but overall it didn't distract me as much as that spining camera part...i think they made it last a little too long cause i started feeling dizzy too.

the episode itself was good
4/5 episode
Jul 25, 2015 3:47 PM

Nov 2013
I surely didn't expect that! So they'll have to continue their journey knowing that the enemy is in their group... Can't wait to see how everything goes :)
Jul 25, 2015 3:55 PM
Mar 2014
They're adapting the LN pretty well...

Now, I'm keen to see how they'll continue this next week...
Mod Note: Spoiler hints removed.
rodacJul 25, 2015 6:18 PM
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Jul 25, 2015 3:57 PM
Aug 2011
yeah the QUALITY was really apparent in this one but it was a good episode nonetheless
Jul 25, 2015 4:07 PM

Jan 2013
I'm going to have to go with goldof as the fake here... I am 75% sure the 25% would have to be Nashetania. The characterization of the characters pretty much shows you. Goldof follows and protects the princess wherever she goes but for them to coincidently be Braves is pretty weird imo. But I also think it's the princess because of the concept of her being trapped in her home and never experienced adventure or have friends.
Jul 25, 2015 4:11 PM

Apr 2012
Nashetania trying to kill adlet again while faking it as anger against the altar? XD
Jul 25, 2015 4:44 PM

Apr 2014
Now...the 6 no wait, the 7 heroes are are here.
One of them is a fake...and Nashetania sure look like a fake lol.
I guess it's just that I don't like Nashetania...
Fremy best girl!
Jul 25, 2015 4:45 PM

Jul 2014
Fuck I read a spoiler so now I have a pretty good idea who the fake is. But another source said it was someone else...

Despite the obvious drop in budget, the writing was amazing this episode. Lot's of tension between the seven braves and Nashetania's freak out was pretty suspicious.

5/5
[center][/center]
Jul 25, 2015 4:48 PM

Sep 2014
So finally we have reached the part of the story that was told in the synopsis, almost all new from now on!

Really exciting and interesting episode, wonder who the fake is. My bet is on Nashetania or Goldov, but who knows!
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

983 by ItsViny »»
Apr 22, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

292 by alphxmane »»
Jan 10, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.