3It was OK
19.3%
2Disliked it
5.7%
1Hated it
4.3%
Average 4.0
140 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2015 12:15 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fight because of single rampage toward Akito while the lady explaining. Akito's curse activated and needs others to call on him to stop it. It's a trap, though, because it has bomb. Then Akito's brother... Tall and strong wall.

Lulu?! Is he in original mind or still in control? He's calling Suzaku.

Wow the souls...

More Than Words before talking and he revealed what he really plan to do. So Akito and that enemy decided to work together. Akito overcame his brother's control, and escape with new ED. That scene after ED...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 1, 2015 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
DEM . . . that first part . . . INTENSE . . . that Alexander Zenki . . . cool designs there.
and also nice move there Leila, uniting the people . . .
and also the soul of the dead . . . pretty much the same with Akito . . .
but this episode CONFIRMS Akito X Leila. can't get enough of that A;exander piloted by AKito, that face COOL.

Too much foreshadowing . . .

Xtrm124Aug 4, 2015 8:30 PM
Aug 3, 2015 1:46 PM

Jun 2011
Blue Geass to counter Geass. OP.

Got to wait til Sept 30 for that new ED.
Aug 4, 2015 1:10 PM

Sep 2010
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 17, 2015 7:32 PM

May 2013
why shin know the location of hideout W0?

I don't much understand watching raw.
galia is honeypot to distract akito squad so shin army can attacked that place, smilas manipulating leila, and yukiya dead.
well, that death flag is rised when ryou say goodbye to yukiya in airship.
megmicaAug 27, 2015 12:57 PM
Aug 25, 2015 1:14 AM

Apr 2012
Well the new female main is like a revamped version of shirley fenette equipped with natural born anti-geass power. Like.

The scene after ED indeed.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Sep 1, 2015 1:45 PM

Oct 2010
Watched with wonky subtitles, but understood enough of it :p
Nice action in the beginning and a counter against geass confirmed? :o

Allot of betraying and hunger for world domination, how will the last episode end this?
Sep 5, 2015 7:21 PM

Apr 2014
is jsut me or lelouch/julius didnt sound like himself??

i mean he didnt sound like fukujun from previous CG
Sep 6, 2015 9:56 AM

Jun 2011
Ferax said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think they changed actors (not sure why because he just spoke a few lines).
Sep 14, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2009
meh i can already tell that all of them will end up dying since they do not show up on season 2 of Code Geass anyway, if that is the case that will be a horrible ending, still im giving this a high score because of how great the 3D mecha battles are

and also it introduce a Blue Geass, i wonder whats its power or is it just a geass canceller?

Nov 17, 2015 7:31 PM

Sep 2014
Finally Subs.
Nov 18, 2015 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
Finally subs, indeed!
That was pretty interesting. I wonder what Leila's geass power is.
Nov 18, 2015 2:55 AM

Jan 2011
I was expecting someone to die this ep, although I doubt that actually killed Yukiya.
Nov 18, 2015 5:10 AM

Nov 2012
Intereo said:
Ferax said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think they changed actors (not sure why because he just spoke a few lines).

No, that's FukuJun's voice just fine. FukuJun has 2 main tones of voice: the soft one and the much deeper, charismatic one. When he played Lelouch, he used both of them: with the soft one for the Lelouch at Ashford, and the deeper one for being Zero.

As for this episode, kinda gives me mixed feeling. It has its moment, but some part is just stupid or exaggerated. I like Maaya for many roles, but I don't think she really did a good job voicing Leila though.

It seems that the final episode is gonna be about the grand battle. Hopefully they will resolve all the subplot, give us a good closure as well as expand some more details on the Lelouch and Suzaku in the 1 year time skip
Hoshino_MariaNov 18, 2015 5:16 AM
Nov 18, 2015 5:40 AM

Aug 2008
God, who doesn't love Leila! So good. And that blue Geass shenanigans is awesome, too.
Nov 18, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2010
Dat friggin Hyuuga 4 legged Knightmare is insane O_O
The CG for its running scene was just epic!!

So first Super Saiyan Blue. Now Geass Blue XD
Nov 18, 2015 3:41 PM

Nov 2011
The action felt fitting for this movie although I find the soundtrack used during the fight to be more noticeable.

I really don't think I like Hyuga's motives in this movie though and in particular the way he treats his sub-coordinates. At the same time, I guess the movie also sets up events for the finale movie. Poor Yukiya....at the end there.

Perhaps Akito will settle everything in the end with him. Hyuga is trying to bring out the real him by declaring his intentions to hurt everyone near him. So yeah, I expect a big showdown in the end, hopefully something that isn't predictable or leave a big question mark for the fans. I'm not sure what the Blue Geass or whatever it was. Perhaps it sort of functions as a Geass Canceller similar to Orange-kun from the original series?
Nov 18, 2015 11:08 PM

May 2013
Nov 19, 2015 3:31 PM
Mar 2010
Very incoherent episode... I hope some answers will be provided in the 5th and final flick.

All new twists were made to be sub-convenient and were nothing short of haphazard that it often makes no sense. Though, given this being the pre-final episode, the makers probably saved the answers for later.

So 5th episode will have to highlight/answer:

1. Akito vs. Shin clash (this is a must)
2. What will happen to Lulu & Suzaku (another vital point)
3. Yukiya; if he's dead or not (minor)
4. Whole w0 unit vs. Shaing's Order conclusion (important)
5. Smilas' plans (important)
6. Shaing's ploy to kill the Emperor (though I can''t see Shaing even scratching or even meeting the dude in person)
7. CC's further involvement to Leila/Blue Geass (Very Important)
8. Ayano's interest to Akito (very minor)
9. Ashley getting chummy with Akito (meh, very unimportant)
Nov 19, 2015 6:57 PM
Jul 2007
This was better than the last episode. I assume the raid on the castle took out the communication device on the castle, so they couldn't air over the General's speech? Talk about deus ex machina with those walls around the castle popping out, but pretty entertaining sequence. I liked the details they put with the wildlife running around amidst the battle. The jazz music is starting to grow on me, but it's still a very weird artistic choice imho and it's rehashed too much. I wanted to see more involving that geass canceller. I still don't understand the point of the syncronization between the whole team when Akito goes into Berserk mode. What is the objective of those scientists observing them? The backstory with the history of Shaing is very interesting. I want to see more of it. We still don't know the exact effect of the geass effect on Akito. Hopefully the last movie really gets super epic to tie this boring stuff off.
eraltergNov 19, 2015 7:18 PM
Nov 20, 2015 5:46 AM

Apr 2011
It's getting more frustrating to watch. They should include at least 3 sec Lelouch's scene.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Nov 21, 2015 9:20 AM

Sep 2014
I have to admit I'm a bit confused by this one. I guess the opening fight was nice, but the movie lacked some story imo. Like seeing Suzaku (biggest traitor ever :D ) and Lulu in a prison. For 5 seconds. That was it..
I have to rewatch all movies in one go when the final one comes out to get the story together again.
Hopefully the last one will be a bit longer :D they have to conclude some plot line afterall and will absolutely show much fight scenes.. I just hope nothing comes to short here.

When I first heard the former ED I was like, dafuq? Already over?
PS: Dont like the new ED that much. I simply adore the old one XD
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 22, 2015 1:41 AM

Aug 2015
That was a nice episode! It's been so long since the last one that I forgot a lot about what happened. I really wasn't feeling the episode for the first like 15 minutes or so but it really picked up nicely after that.

Jean was pretty cute. I don't know why she admires and cares for Shin so much though, and I can't remember if they explained why in a former episode.

I'd say Shin is a pretty hateable villain now, after spending more time with him and learning of his motives. I sure don't like him.

The soundtrack sounds like it's using the same pieces over and over again, but they're pretty good so not too big of a deal.

The episode ending was fairly light and happy. I'm sure the next episode will have its fair share of death and dark moments, so it's welcome.

I thought for sure we wouldn't see Lelouch or Suzaku at all in this episode, so I was pleasantly surprised when they showed up. Then... the scene ended after 3 seconds. I guess it's good that the movies aren't relying too much on them appearing, but damn, all I want is to see them more.
Nov 22, 2015 2:13 AM

Jun 2013
Fuck, this was the best one by FAR. I cannot believe the rating it has on MAL compared to the other 3 movies. Are you guys all crazy?

This is the first 9/10 I have given something in a long time.
ex_necrossNov 22, 2015 2:27 AM
Nov 22, 2015 4:45 PM
Apr 2015
Lots of open ends left to finish of in the last episode.

If this sells well do we get to see a continuation of Code Geass in general?

Do we find out if Lulu is actually dead? What happens with his code? All to be answered (hopefully) with a successful Akito the exiled.
Nov 24, 2015 12:27 AM

Aug 2013
That ghost talking reminds me with Harry when he was about to be killed by Voldy.

Damn that ending scene, I wish Ashley & Yukiya would forming Jupiter instead. :D
Nov 24, 2015 7:48 AM

Jul 2009
So Leila was betrayed, but at least she got a good ally, Ashley.
Just a bit of Suzaku in this episode, and he is in jail.
I want to believe that Yukiya is not dead...
Nov 24, 2015 8:56 PM

Mar 2013
Look like Leila Geass cancel other Geass. That ending leave a lot to think about going into the 5th installment. Let just hope we don't get delay multiple time.
Nov 25, 2015 1:21 PM

Jun 2010
This Crap is stepping on the legend that is code geass.
thank god there's only 1 more left.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Nov 25, 2015 9:39 PM

Mar 2013
richard360 said:
This Crap is stepping on the legend that is code geass.
thank god there's only 1 more left.

This is meant to be a side story to the franchise so what do you expect. At least this is still better than most Mecha Anime out now.
Nov 26, 2015 6:01 PM
Mar 2009
Uhh...what. Why is Ashley so damn buddy-buddy with Akito now? That was abrupt and out of nowhere. Sure, he got betrayed by Shin but now he's like some happy idiot that befriended the enemy for shits and giggles.

And why did they even stop Akito from killing Ashley anyway? Last I checked, all three of them were ex-terrorists that had no qualms in killing people.

Shin got fleshed out...as a crazy bastard suffering from bipolar disorder. Going from ready to take his own head off to "some men just want to watch the world burn".

Dat preview, Leila holding Akito's ponytail with her anti-Geass eye active. I hope this finale is better than these last two episodes, they felt pretty weak.

And for the love of god, they finally used a different ED song. It's not as good as "More Than Words" but at least it's something new.
Dec 1, 2015 12:15 PM

Mar 2008
Not feeling it. 8/10 for having Geass in the title.
Dec 2, 2015 3:09 PM
Nov 2014
Just watched the 4th installment and hopefully im not the only one more confused than ever as to:
1. How lulu & suzaku fit into this at all
2. How Ashley went from a badass Britannia commander to an akito fanboy
3. Why Leila just doesn't use her geass canceler on Akito..?

... Like W.T. ACTUAL.F is going on. I think this ep just made me more mad than anything, and it feels like we waited a century for this nonsense to come out.

SMDH
Dec 2, 2015 10:22 PM

Oct 2012
What a beautiful movie, I think I'll watch it again

But I still don't understand why Lelouch & Suzaku's role in this episode
They just showed us that they're in a prison

Brb dying because it still 2 months from now
"Signature removed"
Dec 5, 2015 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
Damn it Leila, let Akito kill already! Stop being a cockblock!
Dec 11, 2015 10:13 PM

Oct 2011
YUKIYA NOOOOOOOO

Blue Gease OMG

Did Ashley see Joneness in Akito???
Dec 17, 2015 9:51 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty good. Some good action scenes.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 22, 2015 8:24 AM

Jul 2010
This episode was so suspenseful .
That beginning of the me ha fight awesome .
I Didn't want anyone to die in that fight.
I was at the edge of my seat.

Lelouch and Suzaku scene too short.

I totally ship Akito X Leila !!
Sailing when Akito refused to kill Leila.
Dec 24, 2015 11:14 PM

Jun 2012
Weird how that red haired guy is so gay for Akito after wanting to kill him.
Dec 25, 2015 3:41 AM
Jan 2013
Shuhan said:
Weird how that red haired guy is so gay for Akito after wanting to kill him.

I know right.

Can't wait to see how they resolve all this in the final episode.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Jan 8, 2016 9:24 AM

Mar 2014
the development in this side story is horrible. most of the characters are trying to kill the shit out of the others then after some scenes theyre acting like buddies since birth. well i cant really blame the anime since it its time is limited.
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Jan 8, 2016 10:24 AM

Aug 2010
I can't wait for the final installment!
Jan 14, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2013
That's one hell of a machine gun.
Cant believe Shaing managed to outrun mines exploding, also one hell of a wall.
Eliza is so cute~!

Ashley quickly switched sides!

ChronosXIII said:
Dat preview, Leila holding Akito's ponytail with her anti-Geass eye active. I hope this finale is better than these last two episodes, they felt pretty weak.

I totally missed the pony tail there, not sure what to think of it, should be one hell of a final movie.

The action scenes and the dialogue were really good, I still prefer episode 2 over the other 3 but this one wasnt bad.
8/10

*Hopefully they have some sort of nice transition in the final movie to Code Geass R2 with Lelouch, we'll see.
Jan 16, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2013
This episode as just confusing from the start, I know Leila wants peace and what is this secret weapon and who is the good side and bad side in terms of team.

Though I am rooting for AkitoxLeila. 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2016 10:26 PM

Jul 2014
Where did that blue Geass come from?
Feb 24, 2016 11:03 PM
Sep 2013
So his brother became like this cuz his mother was cheating with Akito's father? NTR kills, NTR changes the world.
Mar 2, 2016 6:19 PM
Feb 2009
damn it I wish there was more Suzaku and Lulu screen time
Mar 20, 2016 5:15 PM

Oct 2008
7/10 graciously.
I have completely forgotten even the existence of this show, that long ago was the previous "episode". Other than that, i liked it. The fight scenes were good as well.
Apr 9, 2016 1:23 PM

Sep 2011
The hell, she also has Geass Canceler.

May 7, 2016 1:30 PM
May 2013
I don't know why but this satisfied me more than the other films .
I wish it was "more than words" for ED theme .
Akito sure has the most death flags .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Code Geass Akito the Exiled episode 4.

Mochizuki-Yuki - Jul 2, 2015

34 by nyansensei »»
Nov 25, 2015 9:35 PM

Poll: » Prediction in Code Geass : Boukoku no Akito 5

Kingsman - Nov 21, 2015

3 by Ganbat »»
Nov 21, 2015 11:49 PM

» Akito the Exiled episode 5?

maikeruuu - Jun 14, 2015

2 by Ganbat »»
Oct 12, 2015 3:29 AM

» Preview (Update 7/1)

Stark700 - May 15, 2015

4 by InDmand »»
Aug 22, 2015 1:25 PM

» real airing date

shast007 - May 21, 2015

2 by shast007 »»
May 22, 2015 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.