Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 18, 2015 5:55 PM

Feb 2013
Kinda wish the pace was a bit better, having to wait for the next episode for his new knife...
Apr 18, 2015 10:30 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
The episode was okay but I agree that the pace could be a bit better. I'm not really a fan of fanservice like that though I can live with it if it doesn't get more. The second half was definitely better.
Apr 18, 2015 11:13 PM

May 2008
It's like SAO with more ecchi and harem.
Apr 19, 2015 12:38 AM

Jan 2012
So we meet some more of the gods and goddesses. Hephaistas seems nice enough, but that Freya gives me a bad vibe, clearly she's after Bell. Kept waiting for Hestia to give Bell the knife, but I guess they decided to wait on that until next episode.
Apr 19, 2015 9:07 AM

Jan 2014
Oh, nice to see more goddesses. Loki <3
Apr 20, 2015 2:45 PM
Sep 2009
Yo dumb goddess, give him the freaking weapon you idiot!
Apr 21, 2015 2:57 PM

Jan 2014
This anime's fairly interesting so far, I hope it gets a little better as it progresses.

Also good job on giving Bell that knife you spent several days getting Hestia...
Apr 22, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2010
Hestia give him the sword/knife!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it Freya who wants Bell?? o____O

Wonder what kinda sword was made? Looking forward to Bell using the new sword!
Apr 23, 2015 5:25 AM

Aug 2011
Holy hell this is bland.

DraconisMarchApr 23, 2015 5:44 AM
Apr 24, 2015 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
Overall this second episode is quite valid as a narrative, although certain difettucci can not be ignored. I imagine that in close halfway point, should also give flashbacks about the past of Bell and Hestia, because without it, it is hard to feel empathy for their stories; but also understand the other characters. Very satisfied for the quality of the drawings, I like also the non-use of CG; very fluid animations, are satisfied with the work of JC Staff. But I hope that the next episode is less senseless events, and that there are forces in the narrative.
Apr 28, 2015 11:55 PM

Oct 2013
Well, I suppose that Bell needs his new knife lol
May 2, 2015 1:42 AM

May 2013
That Freya chick is looking to be an interesting enemy if only because she does all these bad things yet gathers so much positive attention.

Hestia and Bell have got to be the OTP. It's just weird not to be!

Go get 'em Bell.
May 3, 2015 5:45 AM

Apr 2013
11:20 : Welf's first appearance
Wow the forging of the knife was fast. And we really lack absolutely every single information needed... THat LN isn't even information heavy, yet they removed like 90%, that really surprises me by how much they removes. Maybe they think that watchers will be hypnotised enough by HEstia's breast movement to forget about the rest~

Alright, more hestia, again. They really are putting everything they have on her.
I didn't especially notice with the first episodes, but BGM seems quite nice.

Not a fan of Loki's voice. I was expecting a voice not that high peached, so I have a bit of hard time when she speak.

Oh, and Andromeda is in the opening. That's a character from volume 5, doesn't sounds very good for the pace of the remaining episodes here.
May 3, 2015 7:30 PM

May 2013
OP is cute and shows things I'm willing to look forward to. ED is cute as well.
But Hestia is soooooo adorable! Glad Hephaestus helped her out.
The thing is... HESTIA, GIVE BELL THE FREAKIN' KNIFE!

There was this time when his knife breaks and that was like the perfect moment to give Bell the knife!
Why, Hestia, why? But hey, at least we know Bell lost his family before.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 6, 2015 2:41 PM

Jan 2011
I'm starting to genuine detest this show, holy shit it sucks balls.
Next episode will probably be like: "Oh by the way, here's an OP sword."

Guess I'll watch one or two more eps with the party, but man... I though SAO was bad.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 9, 2015 7:23 PM

Jul 2013
Bell's goddess got the new knife but never gave it to him once it broke or anything. It slipped out of her mind. Good job -.-
May 11, 2015 6:51 PM

Oct 2013
Screw the women; that knife looks fiiiiiine.

Well, it was a fun episode, but it was also somehow worse than the first episode, TBH. Hopefully the novelty of the setting isn't already beginning to wear off me.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 14, 2015 4:34 PM

Jul 2009
Freya is beautiful but evil, she have her eyes on Bell already.
May 14, 2015 9:45 PM
Nov 2012
It's well drawn and animated, but it's just an unwanted-harem anime. The team needs better source material.
May 15, 2015 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
oldskoolpunk said:
It's well drawn and animated, but it's just an unwanted-harem anime. The team needs better source material.

hell no. Their crappy adaptation is fun enough because the source material isn't great. A team unable to adapt something as simple as danmachi into an anime without doing the mess they're doing here definitely DON'T deserve anything better than danmachi as a source material. A good show butchered the way they're butchering danmachi would be a tragedy. Well, we're probably going to see one soon with Rokka no yuusha's adaptation this summer by rail war's studio. That's enough tragedy for a while on this I'd say.
May 15, 2015 11:54 AM
Mar 2014
Big boobs>Flat chest
May 19, 2015 6:28 AM

Apr 2014
Amazing! I really really liked the second episode, i didn't like the first, but this one here was really interesting. When is Hestia going to give Bell the knife? He can't do anything without a weapon. geez
I just hope Bell doesn't become an overpowered MC and I pray DanMachi isn't going to be fucked up like SAO
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
May 19, 2015 11:02 PM

May 2014
Wow, I never realized how loli Hestia was, ha!

...Also, boobs.
May 21, 2015 2:05 PM

Nov 2014
Give him the K Hestia, give it to him hard, seriously though that was so damn stupid, and I was actually kind of enjoying myself until it happened.
May 21, 2015 3:32 PM

Apr 2013
For the nth time, even if Hestia gave him that knife here, that knife's cutting power is proportional to his stats, and since his stats haven't been updated since three days, he doesn't have stats high enough to fight a monster like that as long as his stats aren't updated.

Giving him that knife wouldn't change anything as long as his stats aren't updated, that knife isn't powerful enough to cut the silverback.
That knife has no power by itself, it directly take in the power of his wielder to raise in strength. So in order to defeat the silverback, they need to have enough time without being attacked to update the stats AND THEN the knife will do.
May 21, 2015 5:08 PM

Nov 2014
Zefyris said:
For the nth time, even if Hestia gave him that knife here, that knife's cutting power is proportional to his stats, and since his stats haven't been updated since three days, he doesn't have stats high enough to fight a monster like that as long as his stats aren't updated.

Giving him that knife wouldn't change anything as long as his stats aren't updated, that knife isn't powerful enough to cut the silverback.
That knife has no power by itself, it directly take in the power of his wielder to raise in strength. So in order to defeat the silverback, they need to have enough time without being attacked to update the stats AND THEN the knife will do.

Well that is true, but the problem is they don't really explain any of that till the next episode.
May 25, 2015 3:04 PM

Oct 2014
the lack of explanations is just...
This is enjoyable.... I can just totally shut my brain off and not question anything that is happening because it will only give me a headache, enjoy the nice battles and animation. Pretty sure I know where the plot is heading but will stick to it nevertheless
May 28, 2015 1:42 AM

Jun 2014
Again. still rather dramatic... but not terrible.
It keeps a smile on my face though it feels SUPER rushed.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 31, 2015 6:13 PM

Apr 2015
Hestia is so adorable *_*. She is such a humble goddess. I liked the goddess with red hair too. I'm excited to see what bell kun will do with the monster...
Jun 17, 2015 2:13 AM

Jun 2011
All the goddesses have their own charm.
LOL @ "loli-big-boobs" XD
the evil hoddy woman's identity was a given!?
Hestia, come on.. just give Bell the knife while running around. how hard is that? :p
Jun 24, 2015 1:38 PM

May 2012
Very lovely development, I really like where this is going to! Looking forward how he'll deal with that ape!

And what a cute ED :3
Jul 10, 2015 7:02 AM

May 2015
Why didn't Hestia give him the dagger?
Jul 11, 2015 7:36 AM

Jul 2013
Hestia made me chuckle when she said to the other girl she was flat chested lol. She was funny this episode.

What's with the sex obsessed goddess? and who let the monster out?

Hestia and Bell's date was so cute until they had to run for their lives lol.

I'm glad she got a new knife for him but he hasn't even seen it yet. I can't believe he wants her to leave without him, awww.
Aug 28, 2015 11:16 AM
May 2012
Awww, Hestia is so sweet......but you forgot to give him the weapon.
So, is Freya some kind of hot slut. Cute ending song~
Oct 31, 2015 4:36 AM

Dec 2008
CHIBI NO BOOBS!!!! ANd for having so many female versions of famed gods, I gotta say..Hephaestus' ass is spectacular! And shes a redhead. MMMM!!! And the perpectives as the tw ocharacters were being chased, shifting through the streets like that was most enjoyable.
Dec 2, 2015 2:13 AM

Apr 2009
Ah there's the other gods and goddesses I was wondering about last time! Hephaestus and Loki are goddesses not gods, though I don't mind the gender bender.

Based on her discussion with Loki, is Freya after Bell or something?

You didn't give him the knife you tried so hard to be made for him, you stupid-loli goddess!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 4, 2015 4:29 AM

Jan 2012
Gunism said:

ikr but i have heard if u read the ln you will know .

Jan 25, 2016 9:22 PM

Jul 2014
AllenVonStein said:
Gunism said:

ikr but i have heard if u read the ln you will know .

But we shouldn't have to do so if they just explained it in the Anime. No wonder why LN Anime Adaptions are shit 90% of the time.

Flat Chest jokes are annoying but Loki isn't even cute so I don't care, point for Hestia!! Some random guy his mouth was moving but not a sound came out(and I'm watching from Downloaded BD's)is bad. Hestia missed the chance to give him the knife. :(
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Feb 22, 2016 3:29 PM

Feb 2015
Better than the first episode but everything is still un-explained and there are a lot of characters thrown in at once.
Jul 30, 2016 10:15 PM

Feb 2013
Hestia annoyed the fuck out of me in the second part of this episode, why didn't she give him the knife?!
Jul 31, 2016 6:46 AM

Jul 2013
Oh I see. So the gods here are from various mythologies. ok ok. Hestia's from the Greek mythology and Freya and Loki are Norse. Now I wonder if my boy Poseidon is also here and if he's a she now :/

What's up with that bitch Freya? What's her problem with Bell and Hestia? Fuckin hoe
Aug 25, 2016 12:59 PM

Apr 2013
Okay I'll go and say it as well since almost everyone here already said it... GIVE HIM THE DAMN KNIFE HESTIA! xD
Damn Freya really is the goddess of beauty, though apparently she's evil :o
Nov 3, 2016 4:48 AM
Nov 2016
Its frustrating that she didn't think to give him the knife but at the same time, it's interesting to see if he really needed it. Could be an important character development.
Nov 3, 2016 5:57 PM

Apr 2013
EssieM said:
Its frustrating that she didn't think to give him the knife but at the same time, it's interesting to see if he really needed it. Could be an important character development.

The Hestia knife's power evolves with the wielder's power. Bell didn't had his stats updated since several days, and doesn't have high enough stats to beat that silverback. Giving him the knife without updating his stats would not give any positive result.
ZefyrisDec 22, 2016 4:23 AM
Dec 6, 2016 5:10 AM

Jan 2014
brianez said:
Smudy said:

*facepalm*...

Haha ikr.

During the second half I kept yelling "Give him the knife! Give him the kniiiiiife!!" until the episode ended after which I thought, "Aww hell, he's probably not going to get it for another episode or 2 and then they're going to make it a big fiasco

Nice ep. I was strongly considering dropping this last week. Glad I didn't! This ep was a lot more enjoyable and introduced some new intriguing directions in which the plot could go. I'm interested in seeing how Bell develops. And it's looking like (hopefully) we'll get some action/adventure (big maybe for the adventure) instead of everyone just sitting around doing cliches.

edit: So Freya is the evil sex goddess lady who appeared at the end?

excactly what i was thinking through the last minutes "GUVE HIM DA FREAKN KNIFE WHILE U GOT THE TIME"
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Dec 11, 2016 5:05 AM

Dec 2010
An entertaining episode. Seeing this encounter as already done, I can't wait for the next members that are going to join. I hope there's going to be a good girl amongst them.
Dec 22, 2016 4:24 AM

Apr 2013
guulaash said:
brianez said:

Haha ikr.

During the second half I kept yelling "Give him the knife! Give him the kniiiiiife!!" until the episode ended after which I thought, "Aww hell, he's probably not going to get it for another episode or 2 and then they're going to make it a big fiasco

Nice ep. I was strongly considering dropping this last week. Glad I didn't! This ep was a lot more enjoyable and introduced some new intriguing directions in which the plot could go. I'm interested in seeing how Bell develops. And it's looking like (hopefully) we'll get some action/adventure (big maybe for the adventure) instead of everyone just sitting around doing cliches.

edit: So Freya is the evil sex goddess lady who appeared at the end?

excactly what i was thinking through the last minutes "GUVE HIM DA FREAKN KNIFE WHILE U GOT THE TIME"

As said a hundred time in this thread already, the Hestia knife's power evolves with the wielder's power. Bell didn't had his stats updated since several days, and doesn't have high enough stats to beat that silverback. Giving him the knife without updating his stats would not give any positive result.
Dec 22, 2016 6:13 AM

Jan 2014
Zefyris said:
guulaash said:

As said a hundred time in this thread already, the Hestia knife's power evolves with the wielder's power. Bell didn't had his stats updated since several days, and doesn't have high enough stats to beat that silverback. Giving him the knife without updating his stats would not give any positive result.
well i only realised that after he got it XD
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Jan 20, 2017 2:38 PM

Mar 2010
Seems typical. To many strangers just doing whatever they want.. Until we get a explanation.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 13, 2017 10:44 AM

May 2013
I was gonna say something about the knife, but seems like everyone here already addressed that, so ..... he totally family-zoned Hestia lmao
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

560 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

246 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

234 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

203 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

242 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.