Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 26, 2008 12:45 PM

Sep 2007
noooo... Margery... cant Marchosias revive her with the purification flame?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

MALoween 2023 Candies

MALoween 2022 Candies

Mar 26, 2008 1:05 PM

Dec 2007
I would've liked this episode more if Margery being incapacitated didn't mean she's probably not going to appear in the last episode. ;-; I hate my friend for pointing that out.

Mar 26, 2008 1:11 PM

Oct 2007
XD looking forward to the last episode!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2008 1:13 PM

Jan 2008
Friendlysoul said:
SunSir said:
Volbla said:
The fuck are you talking about? Havn't you seen the first season?

He is mistes, right? So reiji maigo was renewing his torch. the fuck are you askin about?

You answered your own question but you dont know it, his power of existance gets renewed every day at midnight, that is all that reji maigo does for him!
He still has POE (power of existance) in him to exist!

I am pretty sure that in one of the novels it states that if the Reiji Maigo was ever removed from Yuuji that he would be killed instantly. But hey this is the anime and they are making a shitty anime original ending (again) so who cares about what's cannon and what's not.

Mar 26, 2008 1:19 PM
Dec 2007
Look at the fierce determination in Yuji's eyes.
Mar 26, 2008 1:23 PM

Jun 2007
Faust721 said:
Margery D:

If Yoshida summons Pheles and disappears. This season has won.

QFT
yes, i hate yoshida, but not to the extent of her death. more like, it would be so dramatic in the end, it would also leave a bittersweet ending with yuuji and shana coming out of that mess to see a disappeared yoshida, it would give a nice touch to the season.

margery got defeated too quickly, i actually wanted her to fight metamorphosis again.

the drama unfolds as yuuji tries to recover the reiji maigo by himself, and falls into a hole that can not do any physical damage to him. he was still GAR for half a minute as stated in another page.

now, on to the last episode, and let the final episode be awesome. i want to see alastor's true form once again. heck, they can throw a little GAR yuuji too.

also, i am intrigued by the fact that even without the reiji maigo, yuuji still has a silver flame. i thought he gained a silver flame because of the reiji maigo, but... interesting.
Mar 26, 2008 3:34 PM
Dec 2007
8GaugeBrett said:

I am pretty sure that in one of the novels it states that if the Reiji Maigo was ever removed from Yuuji that he would be killed instantly. But hey this is the anime and they are making a shitty anime original ending (again) so who cares about what's cannon and what's not.
But that doesn't really make sense if you think about it. Power of Existence is what makes Torches and Mystes keep living on. When their torch goes out, they dissapear. Remove the Reiji Maigo from Yuji and all that happens is that he is no longer inmortal and will dissapear if his Power of Existence runs out (instead of instantly renewed at midnight).

And I hate manga/novel elitists who can't accept the fact than an Anime adaptation can and will alter parts of the plot. As a matter of fact, I'd rather they do a Final Season 3 that only bases itself on the rest of the novels, which would allow the Studio to play with the tempo of the season.

As for my current opinion of Season 2, they kinda tried to explain why the whole Konoe Arc was so slow and slice of life (she was there to emphatize with humans and collect emotions of everyday life), although I still think they didn't capture an adequate ratio of action/character relations. As a whole, it was decent, but not as good.

As for the Ending, this and last season's endings have the same recurring objective. Bal Masque is trying to collect the massive Power of Existence of Misaki City. The only change is that last time they did it THROUGH Yuji, and this time they used "Silver" as a backbone for an even stronger Tomogara, with an unlimited amount of Power of Existence. Same basic idea when you dissect it.

Mar 26, 2008 6:18 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
Anime original ending yet again... FTL

If they don't manage to somehow put Sairei no Hebi into the final episode I'm going to drop the entire series 2-3 points on my ratings list.

But then, just as I said, they don't HAVE ENOUGH BOOKS out yet to fully introduce the sairei arc....currently only 2 books on that arc.

Wait another two years....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 26, 2008 6:32 PM
Jan 2008
intense episode. so many yoshida haters. yet another anime is ending -___-
Mar 26, 2008 9:05 PM

Feb 2008
I liked this episode, if only for the return of the scientist. Something about a character that gets excited even when everything is going wrong is just endearing. I'm really looking forward to the next episode - and Shakugan no Shana Third if they decide to make it.

-

About this whole Yoshida thing, I definitely do hate her as a character, and understandably. It's because she's selfish. She understands and admits that what exists between Shana and Yuuji is more than she herself can hope for. She also understands Shana's difficulty in expressing her feelings.

What a nice, likeable character would do is sacrifice her own one-dimensional crush and help Shana. But instead, Yoshida is a bitch and competes against Shana, even attempting to win using methods that Shana won't be good at. This might be realistic, but it also makes her a hostile opponent of Shana - also known as a villain. And villains need to go away or die, or stop being villains.

She could have gone with Ike, which would be the latter option. Since she didn't, she needs to go away, and death is just one acceptable way for her to disappear.
Mar 26, 2008 11:52 PM

Jan 2008
freedoleen said:
wow, it was great. great animation & suspense. Yuji rocked too as well as the fact that episode was continued even with credits & ED music. ^^

Faust721 said:

yeah, I'm waiting for this too. ^^

QFT, QFT.

I think that it's a pretty Grand ending, though it'll probably leave a huge ass cliffhanger in the last episode. Looking forward to it =3, though Margery is a total =[.

我爱你

Mar 27, 2008 2:34 AM

Apr 2007
Margery D:
Mar 27, 2008 4:34 PM

Oct 2007
So question... (been pondering this for quite a while actually) how exactly did Bal Masque manage to capture and incapacitate the all powerful and elusive "silver"?
Mar 28, 2008 12:22 AM

Jul 2007
I can't wait to see Kazumi sacrifice herself and get out of the way. But just like Margery, it won't be for good.
url_elfMar 28, 2008 12:26 AM
Mar 28, 2008 2:20 AM

Feb 2008
What must be protected? I hope he will say one of the 2 girl's name. But I know it won't be. He will say that the CITY must be protected. Hahahah! Less MOE! XD

Ouch! Ouch! Come on! Margery, I don't want to see her pawned. T__T
Mar 28, 2008 6:44 AM
Dec 2007
Faust721 said:

Exactly, it would be a great move, and a perfect conclusion, but I doubt it will be so decisive. SnS's plot is all about the Shana/Yuuji/Kazumi love triangle, and I feel a widely open conclusion like in the first season, just to prepare the third one with the same plot and same protagonists unfortunately.

This episode was highly entertaining though and with very efficient and well-animated action scenes. Good one, but nothing incredible.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 28, 2008 2:11 PM

Oct 2007
Kazumi should die... honestly. This character is too plain... They should get rid of her quickly and replace her with more interesting character... Well while Yuuji is plain at first, but he managed to show his GARness in the half end of this series... Kazumi is so damn annoying... just because she has bigger boobs doesn't mean she can do as she please... goddamnit i hope Shana has bigger boobs.
Mar 28, 2008 7:56 PM

Jun 2007
Leon-Gun said:
8GaugeBrett said:

But that doesn't really make sense if you think about it. Power of Existence is what makes Torches and Mystes keep living on. When their torch goes out, they dissapear. Remove the Reiji Maigo from Yuji and all that happens is that he is no longer inmortal and will dissapear if his Power of Existence runs out (instead of instantly renewed at midnight).

The Reiji Maigo is like a container for his torch. When the torch dies, its regenerated by the Reiji Maigo at midnight. If you take it out, his torch goes with it. The anime has it different though to make the story interesting. Either way I think the shows been pretty good. The second season was a bit more drawn out but I still found it enjoyable.

I hope they continue a 3rd season just to wrap up all the loose ends since theres really no way they can do it in the next ep without rushing it. Even if they put out a few OVAs id be happy.

Mar 29, 2008 11:44 AM

Mar 2008
Someone already said that, but I don't remember who and I'll say it again anyway. :D

Well, now that the Reiji Maigo is with Bal-Masqué, Yuuji is a torch. So, he uses his power of existence to fight those damn robots, or whatever they are. But wait! Silver? Oh, there's a problem. Reiji Maigo = Silver flame. How can he use silver flames without the Hougu? Weird..

And wow, Kazumi haters ;O
/hides all the "I LIKE KAZUMI" draws. No, easier, /hides all her notebooks. :P

I liked this epi as I liked the whole season. It's a really good anime, and Blaze is the best opening ever <3

You can call me whatever you want, but that's what I think. :*
Apr 20, 2008 12:55 PM

Jan 2008
finally!!! haha.. darn i rather have this battle drag out then the last one though
Jun 28, 2008 5:47 PM

Feb 2008
OH MY GOD............Yuji BETTER PICK SHANA IN THE NEXT EP!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Mar 25, 2009 3:32 PM

Nov 2008
great episode~
I hope the last episode is good too..
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Jul 15, 2009 12:14 PM

Sep 2008
ARGH!!! I hate that scientist douche soooo much!!! He's so freaking annoying!!

I wonder how the season will end...
Jul 19, 2009 3:45 PM

Dec 2008
Time for the big finale.
Oct 26, 2009 6:15 AM

Apr 2009
Faust721 said:
Margery D:

This.
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Oct 26, 2009 6:41 PM
Jul 2009
Season 3 2010-2011 .. hopefully sooner

Dec 29, 2009 7:50 PM

Jun 2009
Seishi said:
Faust721 said:
Margery D:

Never truer words spoken.

QFT
Jan 21, 2010 5:23 AM

Nov 2009
All this excitement is making me sad that its coming to an end T_T i really hope SNS III comes out soon.
Feb 28, 2010 3:02 PM

Jul 2009
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Love that over the top evil scientist.

This is intense, don't think it's going to top the ending to season 1 though but hey, it could still be pretty awesome.

Wonder if something will happen to the city now that Margerys fuzetsu is gone, big opportunity for Yuji to go berserk.
Mar 27, 2010 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
Seriously, someone kill that scientist, he's driving me crazy >_<!!

Margery... Ouch :|. Never thought she'd actually do that for someone...

I'm pretty sure they'll gonna need a third season to tie all the loose ends. What I'm really scared about now is that they'll make a huge cliffhanger out of the finale >_<... and that would suck :|

Jun 4, 2010 2:00 PM

Jan 2008
Margery Daw. =[

The researcher whatever guy is sort of annoying to listen to. =X
Oct 10, 2010 5:09 PM

Feb 2010
did margery died? o wells

pantie shot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2010 5:46 AM

Sep 2008
O_O

... Really shocked at what happened to Margery. I know they were all "Expect an ambush!" but I guess I somehow thought that they would get inside unnoticed... (Minus one for naivete on my part...)

Really, really good episode though. Yuuji's being pretty cool as of late, no?
Apr 22, 2011 5:29 AM

Jan 2011
ugh ugh ugh
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Sep 20, 2011 1:06 AM

Jan 2011
We know that flame hazes are tough to kill, so I think Margery can recover, but they still have to deal with the other opponents on the inside. I'm thinking we're in for a big cliffhanger and no resolution.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 13, 2012 7:58 PM

Mar 2011
Margery got wrecked! I wonder how this season will conclude.
Aug 12, 2012 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
I, too, really want Yoshida to fuck off and die.

And I hope Yuji gets the Reijj Mago back :(
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Jan 15, 2013 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
i dont think i like this episode. the biggest let down is to see how easy it was to take reiji maigo from Yuji.
i keep thinking, if it was that easy, why dont they do it earlier.
it's not like they need to kill flame haze first.
Jul 20, 2013 12:51 PM

May 2013
I hate kazumi at the first episode but now i dont really care about kazumi. down to the last episdoe then its time for the third season
Dec 6, 2013 12:26 AM
Mar 2013
Margery sacrificed herself, but I know she'll be alright, she's got to survive for Satou.

Things are getting interesting but I'm a little worried about Yuji. I don't think he should be using up his energy on those tin cans.

That said, I know he's not going to die seeing as he's one of the MCs. Still, I hope he's able to get the Reiji Maigo back from that annoying Hecate.
Jan 5, 2014 3:21 AM
Nov 2010
SunSir said:
Yuji is still able to move? Why is that? So all this Reiji Maigo thing was to bring the silver to life?

Good point!
He must be back to just a torch after he's lost ReijiMaigo, but he still able to move in the Huuzetsu area.
It's just my opinion though, Yuuji gave mystes attribute by ReijiMaigo, after that, it will be keep the attribute until he spent all existence power to die even if he's lost the Hougu.
Apr 3, 2014 6:06 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, everytime I think Yoshida is gonna use the cross, I'm wrong xD
It has gone to the point that I hope she use so I would be right... Well, now, I really think she's gonna use it! x)

You see Shana, making babies is pretty much like what Margery did with that cocoon.

I don't know if I didn't see right, but it looked like Margery got her arm cut.

I wonder what Hecate meant by the Reiji Maigo ''returning where it belong''. Wasn't it Johan that created it? How the Silver denizen is related to it? By returning, we could guess that he had once possessed it.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 12, 2016 6:40 AM

Jul 2015
I wonder why the Flame Hazes never kept in touch with Pheles? Can this cross-thing use the power of existence of anyone e.g. the other human's?

If I was Yuuji, I'd try to blast this b&tch right away!
Eki718Feb 12, 2016 6:44 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 21, 2017 4:05 PM
Aug 2014
Why didn't they kill Yuji straight away after getting the Reji Maigo, he's going to die anyway as his energy was being drained, so might as well get rid of him immediately so he doesn't interfere.

Not sure why everyone is hating on Yoshida? Just because she has feelings for Yuji too? What's wrong with that; it's not like Yuji refused her so should the hate not be directed towards Yuji.
Jun 9, 2017 1:03 PM

Nov 2016
Margerys sacrifice was epic and Yuji was doing a good job with Blutsauger.

Good episode overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 7, 2018 12:44 PM

Oct 2012
Well, shit, the situation got out of their hands. Now they they are gonna defeat whole Bal Masque, they would destroy the construct at best and leave the rest for season 3. Let's hope that Margery would be find although we already learnt Tomogara is not so easy to kill. And seems like Kazumi will take an action. The only question now is whether she disappears or survives.

Still, I sense some big and last minute deus ex machina happens in the next episode, I just hope it's not some asspull.
Aug 1, 2019 6:07 PM

Nov 2017
Damn, Margery got a nasty wound. Hope she'll be alright
Oct 27, 2020 12:28 PM

Jun 2017
Bal masque always stayed ahead of the flame hazes and revealed their true motive only at the end. I am not sure why they want to create this Tomogara but it sure is ominous looking. Margery's wounds look severe. Hopefully she survives.
The seeking researcher grinds my gears. He is annoying.
Nov 15, 2021 6:32 AM

Oct 2021
The intensity of the battle in the episode where they defeated sabrac was incomparable to this one. It's a good ending but I did expect more from the battle scene. It left me an impression of "is that all there is??" hahah not to mock but the battle ended fast to end this season plus, still here waiting for Shana to confess her love clearly enough for yuji to understand HAHAHAHA

HERE I GOOOO SEASON 3!!!

BELIEVE you deserve it and the universe will serve it.
Feb 15, 2022 2:20 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, Margery got mangled.

I really thought that there could be a twist, where Hecate would change sides, since she was exposed to all kinds of emotions, but I guess denizens are lost causes. Their fate is to always interrupt the balance of the world.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nukedeggs - Mar 27, 2008

213 by wildhood »»
May 29, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 11, 2007

49 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 12, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Dec 2, 2007

79 by almightybismarck »»
Mar 28, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cloudy - Nov 23, 2007

69 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Nov 24, 2007

61 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.