Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 11, 2013 9:30 AM
Sep 2007
Hybridbloodszak said:

- F-Cup Sakurazawa sensei just hit me how big those really are. She downplays them at least O.O

An F cup in Japan is an American DD cup!
May 11, 2013 10:32 AM
Jan 2011
I'm beginning to think that Chihaya's match with the queen is gonna be on another season.
May 11, 2013 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
Nasty001 said:
I'm beginning to think that Chihaya's match with the queen is gonna be on another season.

Most definitely!
I think the Arata VS Shinobu match would be the one to end the season...
gonna be epic!

and FCK FCK FCK! Why must I endure the pain of having to wait a week?! T_T
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
May 11, 2013 11:38 AM

Mar 2012
The pacing this season is like watching an iceberg melt...

Nonetheless, I still really enjoyed the episode. The little bits with Shinobu are great as always, and seeing Chihaya and Taichi slowly develop and improve is always a wonderful thing to watch. I really hope Mizusawa wins the team tournament so that we can at least see a major moment of victory this season, since it looks pretty unlikely we'll see anything of that sort in the individual tournament now that Chihaya is injured. With the position that Taichi and Nishida are in, I'm thinking it's not a likely scenario at this point, but one can hope...
May 11, 2013 1:47 PM

Jun 2008
Intense and a beautiful episode 5/5
I really wish they would win!

May 11, 2013 2:18 PM

Dec 2011
3 games still underway. 3 wins needed for victory.

It won't be easy.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 11, 2013 3:44 PM
Jan 2012
OMG NOOO...have to wait another week for the next episode! And it was getting really good too!

I really hope they can secure the 3 wins needed to win the tournament!
May 11, 2013 4:05 PM

Jan 2012
This is too much suspense for me to handle....I don't if I can wait for the next episode because I feel like reading the light novel.
I have a feeling they may lose and there will be a season three, but who knows, they may get serious and secure all three wins. If they do, I'll probably shed a tear or two of joy. >.< Why does this show play with my feelings...;-;
May 11, 2013 5:20 PM

Jul 2009
OH MY GOD!!! HOW TO GIVE THIS EPISODE MORE THAN 5/5?!??!?!?!? IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!! It was SO intense and managed to touch on so many things ... great, GREAT episode! The next one is to far away T_T
A little focus on Rion and the guy that Tsukuba's facing and his obsession with "beauty". Interesting how they mentioned Suo ... I'm so interested in him! He wanted to record Rika's grandma reading?! Hmm ... I'd love to hear more about THAT story XD
Poor Chihaya and her hurt finger ... she's really pushing on through it >_< Just a light tap on the shoulder for everyone to re-focus them ... YOU CAN DO IT! Especially with Rion worrying ... has she been relying on her grandma's reading for too long, perhaps? :O Also, I wonder what the ref is gonna do about that card between them? Do they normally get to judge these kinds of things? Hmm ...
Then we get to Shinobu and Arata and their thoughts about team and individual play ... Shinobu's "sickened" by all of it, but it was pretty sad considering how she wasn't allowed to play people her age or she'd go easy on them ... dat smile though O_O Also interesting are Arata's thoughts about how team play is what keeps the sport alive ... huh :O
Looks like we've got a focus on Taichi at long last! I liked getting his insight as to what made his opponent a good "captain" ... of course, as Mizusawa's captain, he's feeling the pressure of not being able to do that much - ESPECIALLY the part where he said it was something he's too scared to try. Thinking of the 5-card handicap thing hasn't been working out for him, but looks like he's got his mindset locked on! YOU CAN DO IT TAICHI!!! His poor luck though ... AH COME ON! Nishida, Chihaya, Taichi ... you've gotta pull through!!! D:
May 11, 2013 8:22 PM

Jan 2012
mizusawa isnt ready for primetime yet

the queen looks hungry!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
May 11, 2013 9:22 PM
May 2013
Nobody ever mentioned Arata almost topless here... sexy.. :D
May 11, 2013 9:46 PM

Jul 2008
I can't handle watching this show week by week. It's like I get into the zone while watching it and then it abruptly stops. One of these days I'm going to die from the stress.

BEGINNER
May 12, 2013 8:57 AM
Mar 2012
Ncrdrg said:
Damn, those cliffhangers are brutal to say the least.
Yeah. They're really killing me.

Poor Chihaya. I hope she at least wins her match. And I hope the injury isn't too serious, she'll probably get mad if she can't play for a while.
Poor Taichi (as always). Come on, win!
And poor Arata (this is probably the first time I'm saying this), he's not able to watch the team play and Chihaya won't be able to play the individual tournament.
May 12, 2013 1:43 PM

Apr 2011
OMG so intense >.<

JSADFHJASDFHISUDFHBASUIDFYB GIVE ME THE NEXT EPISODE NOA!!!

Go Mizusawa, go!
May 12, 2013 7:09 PM
Aug 2012
Mizusawa losing AND Chihaya not playing in the individual tournament would be way too depressing. They absolutely have to win! I want Taichi's luck to turn around and give him the first win. Then right after the tournament, he will make Class A.... Well, that's my dream anyways. :D

stormgoddess said:
Dear Chihaya, that's the pain we feel while waiting for the next episode.

Yes, EVERY episode since season 1. o.O

But I think the pacing in this show is right on. Cliffhangers can't be helped because the plot is continuous and the content is exciting. The only way to not have cliffhangers would be to make movies instead of doing a series.
May 12, 2013 9:14 PM

Jul 2009
Did no one else notice they gave Shinobu a black, evil-looking heart there at the end? ^_^
May 13, 2013 12:17 AM

Jul 2009
Mizusawa already lost 2 T__T

i want a comeback!!! come on now they already lost enough!!!!!

let's do it Mizusawa!!!!!!

Mashima on the offensive :D

let's go Chihaya!!

Za Queen is really getting into it!

Chihaya is getting hurt!!!!! and yes she probably won't make it to the individuals T__T

Za Queen and Chihaya's eyes met!!!

Team matches are definitely intense as hell!!

I love you Shinobu-chan!!!

Sudo san getting fired up for Hokuo!!

poor Shinobu-chan being left along at an early age to supposedly train hard to become Za Queen T__T

Chihaya and Rion working hard!!!!

Shinobu definitely watching the game closely!!!

Rion is losing!!!

she doesn't plan on giving up!!

Arata!!!!!!

even though both he and Shinobu are one of a kind, it's the team matches that keeps the game alive and well!!

i wonder if Chihaya will take Za Queen title off of Shinobu?!?!

or Mashima beating Suo and Arata!!!!!!

poor Shinobu chan :(

Shinobu can't take it anymore!

wish she had more friends in her childhood T__T

is Arata only her friend??

Mashima-kun has always been bad luck!!!

it's not over yet Sakurazawa!!!

Mizusawa is ready to come back!!!!!!

let's go Mi-Zu-Sa-Wa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why the hell are these episode soo anti climatic!!!

i have exams in the next 2 weeks T__T

i'll probably be back by the May 24!!!!!

damn you college!!!!!!
May 13, 2013 9:54 AM

Apr 2013
I'm glad this episode back to the usual Chihaya pacing
The last few episodes pacing was kinda off imo
The game is pretty exciting and poor Queen for not having people that can compete with her
May 13, 2013 12:31 PM

Oct 2011
The team tournament has been progressing at a very slow pace --- something I'm starting to find a tad boring. That said, this episode was pretty intense. The One Piece reference came out of nowhere, lol.

May 13, 2013 11:18 PM

Feb 2010
Shinobu's flashback.... such feels.
May 14, 2013 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
Love the fact Shinobu got more screentime this episode, she's one of my favorites, definitely wonder if Mizusawa is going to turn the tables with a legendary comeback or not. Taichi is pretty confident when he says they're going to get three wins, Taichi enters serious mode!
May 14, 2013 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
Super intense episode, best one in awhile. Will they win? I don't think so.
RediceRyanMay 15, 2013 12:30 AM
May 15, 2013 12:02 AM

Aug 2012
^you're welcome?
May 15, 2013 12:31 AM

Jan 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
^you're welcome?

I couldn't have predicted that. He commented on episode 17 I assumed he would comment on this episode discussion within 30 minutes.
May 15, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
good episode like usual :3

please let them win D:
May 18, 2013 7:41 AM
Nov 2011
the suspense is dreadfull!!!!! C'mon Misuzawa!
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jun 7, 2013 1:59 AM

Jun 2011
Kurini said:
I'm not joking, but the best moment of the episode for me was seriously : GEAR SECONDO! XD

LOL I KNOW RIGHT I totally LOL-ed. HAHAHAHA. Too bad he couldn't force that Fujisaki dude to use his gear thirdo or his haki XD

By the way is anyone annoyed by how Mizusawa are powering up in the middle of the match, or near the end of the match..? Or.. how they're getting the cards they suddenly remembered in the middle of the match, and.. how was it read out just after they remembered that card? Asspull much.

Edit: Second Yumekichi, or rather, Yumekichi of Chihayafuru 2. Too damn long with all the pictures and spaces..
ToG25thBaamJun 7, 2013 2:03 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 21, 2013 10:11 AM

Jun 2008
I almost died at the One Piece reference XD
Jun 22, 2013 2:39 PM

Sep 2011
TAICHI IS READY! I'M READY! MY BODY IS FKING READY!
Jul 3, 2013 10:21 AM

May 2012
While the pace has slightly slowed the intensity sure has risen! The match is almost done, will they fail or will they be victorious?
Aug 11, 2013 4:01 PM

Sep 2012
Tsukuba maybe its not your lucky day
Aug 13, 2013 4:21 AM
Feb 2011
That One Piece reference! Did not see that coming.

I just really want Nishida to win his game. What Taichi said ought to give him more fighting spirit, and hopefully does not pressure him too much into losing. Come on, Porkyyyy!
Dec 30, 2013 8:06 PM
Aug 2011
Totally burst out laughing at the Gear Second part.
Never expected One Piece in my karuta ahaha.

This series makes me tense up, the good kind of tense though.
Feb 12, 2014 10:24 PM

Jan 2012
gear second...

leaning towards 9/10 - 10/10 depending on how the end plays out..

beautiful show is simply beautiful...
May 16, 2014 10:06 AM

Mar 2014
Kurini said:
I'm not joking, but the best moment of the episode for me was seriously : GEAR SECONDO! XD

"You're pretty good. You forced me to use my Gear Second!"
I laughted about it, too! xD I'd never expected that in this situation! x))
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2014 3:29 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Fujisaki's players have amazing stamina and that is one reason why they are winning. It'll be tough but Taichi, Nishida and Chihaya will have to overcome the odds. The leads aren't that big so if they can get consecutive takes then they have a chance to win. However, it's the nearing end of the matches so one mistake can be a game changing one.

Jun 4, 2014 2:59 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Very intense episode.
Introspection on all fronts and continues even if very elongated matches, the narrative manages to be engaging.
Plot analyzes in depth the characters and the karuta, OK!
Shinobu and Chihaya more and more MCs of the last episodes, but the series seems to be set on a profile Shinobu centric.
Good designs and fluid animations.
However, even the rest of the cast is not ignored, fantastic.
Nov 24, 2014 10:50 PM

Jun 2012
Is... Shinobu getting kinda excited? I am very positive that it was her heart beating.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Mar 17, 2015 7:35 AM

Oct 2013
So...the teachers "destroyed" Shinobu and made of her what she is today...Sad....I'm glad she's at least getting a bit excited now towards the end of the game :)
Mar 21, 2015 7:57 PM
Sep 2009
ToG25thBaam said:
Kurini said:

LOL I KNOW RIGHT I totally LOL-ed. HAHAHAHA. Too bad he couldn't force that Fujisaki dude to use his gear thirdo or his haki XD

By the way is anyone annoyed by how Mizusawa are powering up in the middle of the match, or near the end of the match..? Or.. how they're getting the cards they suddenly remembered in the middle of the match, and.. how was it read out just after they remembered that card? Asspull much.

That's not really an ass pull, more like symbolism to just build up the mood and give a bit more depth to the game and characters as well as get us familiarized with cards while showing that Mizusawa is not completely losing.

Same thing happened in previous match with Megumu but reverse. She was remembering that her top cards got taken and bam, it is Chihaya's top card that gets read out next.

You are taking those scenes too literally. I mean, would you rather have them thinking about rainbows before winning a card?

And it's not like they were losing by 20 cards and then suddenly won 25. Those who were clearly weakest links on a team, lost early.

Nishida, Taichi and Chihaya are not weak. And mood does tend to change mid way through and towards the end cause it is quiet common that winning side tends to relax a bit when they think their win is secured while losing side goes all out cause they don't really have much to lose any more. As someone who does sport, I went through both stages.

I do judo and I've seen tons of times how people who were leading got suddenly knocked over in the last second, literally.

Will to win and concentration do mean a lot in sport and as I said, Mizusawa is losing by a small margin. It is possible to change the flow naturally.
Nov 8, 2015 6:17 AM

Sep 2013
¯_(ツ)_/¯ My wrist hurts mina ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 11, 2015 7:08 AM
May 2015
Oh boy! This is getting nerve racking. Expected loss of those two. And according to the situation Taichi should lost too :/
Feb 6, 2016 2:06 AM

Mar 2014
Willpower of the ones who wants to win . Encouragements .
Extend & Extract , Spot , Overcome , Become ; By the game senses .
Fall in love in the hearings of the world ~ . "FOCUS." "ON WINNING."
Feels of the game . Pulsating desires . Five cards Handicap .
"GEAR SECOND." Gratifying domination .
"THREE WINS." IKIMASHO !!
VERY GREAT EPISODE .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2016 5:58 AM

Dec 2014
well I have ti say that...it is more and more intense..... The top team is not top for nothing
Mar 22, 2017 2:47 AM

Oct 2012
Living Ghost Harada-sensei, we don't need you! xD

Gear Secondo!
Am I watching One Piece right now?

Three wins of course!
Don't you wish for something else other than 3 wins
"Signature removed"
Apr 25, 2017 7:23 AM

Feb 2013
"You forced me use my second gear", haha lol, I loved that moment.
Sep 9, 2017 5:31 PM

Nov 2016
One Piece reference ftw xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 27, 2017 11:49 PM

Feb 2015
I always love Kana's interpretations for the poems. It was sad watching Shinobu's sudden flashback to her lonely childhood while watching the teams play. For all it seems as if her isolation now is self-imposed, as a child it appears it was forced on her by the adults who were pushing her to be the best in karuta instead of allowing her the freedom of making friends her own age - a very sad trade-off.

Feb 5, 2019 5:52 PM
Apr 2016
I can feel the tension through the monitor, this is really intimidating! Well, at first this Karuta game didn't feel complex at all, but now, damnnnn it's a deep game...
Feb 26, 2019 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
The games are taking so much time in this season mostly likely they are streching each match more than needed. Like 90% of the total episode went with matches (which goes with VERY predictable pattern) and rest 10% is drama. Overall have been disappointing compare to what first season offered so far.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

182 by pendr4gonz »»
Sep 17, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Jun 28, 2013

362 by Spyral_Grayson »»
Jul 20, 1:19 AM

» New season

DonCaLiChAn - Jul 4

12 by shahriarm10 »»
Jul 10, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.