Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »
Dec 25, 2012 12:11 PM

May 2012
Oh boy oh boy, this starts good, and OMG YUI is back MOE overload when she turns into a fairy :3 Really great start of this new adventure to rescue Asuna! But all that in just a single week will be hard, but I'm sure he can make it! Lets proceed with our epic story in the next episode!
Dec 28, 2012 10:35 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
New adventure begins! That's actually pretty cool! LIKING this! even though I prefer Kirito's old look, I can honestly say this elf's world is pretty neat, not as corny as I imagined, THIS gonna be some adventure!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 19, 2013 2:18 AM

Sep 2012
That game looks so fun to be in. I want to fly too. Only if this was real. Hope they save Asuna.
Feb 10, 2013 4:20 AM

Jan 2013
OMG .... he takes all his skills into the new game, kinda unfair ... but its okay for the story. Another 7 episodes or so, Kirito grinding alone through dungeons and stuff would take to long ....

So here we are with a NEO-like Kirito + Yui as a Fairy, and the Princess captured in the highest tower of the world.
Yeah, kinda remember this setting from somewhere ......
Feb 27, 2013 2:32 AM

Dec 2010
I don't even know why I'm back to this anime after I dropped it when it failed horribly at eps 14&15(at least for me). But I guess it's something like nostalgia, I just want to get into the story once more. But now that I watched this episode I don't really regret my decision. The anime is kinda cool now, with ALO around things feel way more leisurely than they did back in SAO. At the very least people don't really die, so they don't need to use desperate measures... well, except for Kirito.

"I'm not a cheater anymore, I'm a cheater now" xD

ALO getting build over SAO really makes thing great, I thought everything is gonna start over now. Well, I guess not ^^

In the very least I'll watch this anime now because of Kazuto's cousin :D
Mar 6, 2013 5:52 AM

Sep 2011
It's pretty obvious who Leafa is. Even if I didn't see the OP and ED, that voice is just so recognizable :) That's probably also what she was referring to when she said that "she's been also...".

I'll have to get used to the fairy-thing, but it's interesting so far. I especially like the concept of the nine races. I also looked into what each of them excels at and things like that, I would have probably also chosen either Sprigga (Kirito's) or Sylph (Leafa's).
I also like the idea of Yggdrasil, I dunno why, I just like the whole world tree concept in mythology/concept.

Yui's back, huh? I'm not very happy about it, but it's good because she can give insight on the new world/system and how Kirito's stats are almost the same. I just hope they won't emphasize on this "family" thing.

I like the idea of Kirito retaining his stats, and it makes sense. But yeah, he is pretty much a cheater this way :/ Also, I can see other people will also come back, I just know it.
I also think that the 300 people who haven't woken up are also probably on Yggdrasil. Though I wonder what's the purpose of it.

I still don't understand how people so easily tried out this game after the SAO incident. I wouldn't even dare even if they say it's "safe".
RazielZeroMar 6, 2013 5:55 AM
Mar 12, 2013 8:15 PM

Sep 2012
He got all his stats back and Yui to boot? Cheap.
May 26, 2013 3:53 AM

Aug 2009
hnng. My body was not ready.

May 30, 2013 8:09 PM

Apr 2012
This seems to be an interesting world. It reminds me a lot of Secret of Mana artworks ^^
Jun 1, 2013 4:43 PM

Jun 2012
That was actually pretty nice.
Jun 12, 2013 1:34 PM

Mar 2012
I'm really wondering about this much weaker second half I keep hearing about, before so far SAO just seems to be getting better! It's a LOT more focused and consistent in it's storyline while retaining all the stronger things about it from before. It was interesting seeing them set up the rules of the new game as well, and it's even better that players can log out any time they like this time around. Fingers crossed it can keep this level of consistency up for longer than 3 episodes. 8/10.
Jun 15, 2013 3:49 AM
Jun 2013
I lol'd on the part where Kirito fist bumps the bar tender, racial stereotype humour there
and the part where Kirito goes in his room and puts on the nervegear and lies down, he looks like a lazy

BUT i didn't laugh on the new game WTF FARIES! Man this anime better not go downhill, besides that i liked how Kirito got to keep all his skills from SAO so he's pretty much the man in this game too!
Jul 1, 2013 5:28 AM

Jul 2011
I thought the fairy thing would be lame but this is epic!!!

plus, having his power level from the previous game is a really good idea <3
Jul 10, 2013 6:32 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well at least Kirito can log out in the ALO game, but Asuna can't since those four eyed guys probably didn't put a log out option for Asuna. They probably knew she would try to find Kirito in real life, and in turn that so called marriage would hurt the business plans of the four eyes guys. That's just my reason of why she can't log out. As for Kirito he has maxed out stats already, well it shouldn't be too hard to reach Asuna since now.

The cousin is pretty cute too, and I guess she likes Kirito, but she just can't accept those feelings.

Aug 3, 2013 7:31 PM

Jun 2013
im confused as to how Asuna is in ALO. did someone just move her over there or some shit when SAO was destroyed? well Kirito has a week to save her before mr. creepy fucktard gets to marry her against her own will (which is like rape marriage).

Aug 11, 2013 6:08 PM
Nov 2009
I can't believe I've managed to get this far,i'll reward myself if i ever finish this series.
Sep 24, 2013 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode... This is what makes SAO amazing. No time skipping no dumb thing after one another. It's allot more interesting.. but the memories of first SAO incident wont die :).

Let's hope for the best to come.
Oct 23, 2013 3:54 AM

Jul 2007
ao_no_exo said:
Another great episode... This is what makes SAO amazing. No time skipping no dumb thing after one another. It's allot more interesting.. but the memories of first SAO incident wont die :).

Let's hope for the best to come.

I agree i don't know why their is so much hate in this arc, this anime is so unique, its just amazing. I really loved this episode when they introduce the new fantasy world and mechanics of the new ALO game. The animation is spectacular really with so many different color scheme's. Kirito learning how to fly lol.

Also it appears that he some how has all of his abilities from SAO, so this should be a walk in the park with him. The Invincible kirito has returned. Now to find Asana.

Oct 27, 2013 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
LOL Kirito is as overpowered in ALO as ever, I see.
Nov 2, 2013 9:20 AM

Oct 2011
Quite interesting! I'm super glad that Yui is back, I just really hope that somehow they bring her into the real world.
Nov 30, 2013 2:10 PM

May 2013
Aw yeeee. I'm glad it's based on honing of your skills x]

I'm liking this new arc. Fairies are so elegant and cute C:
Dec 28, 2013 9:28 AM

Jul 2013
That was an awesome episode and glad Yui is back too! She's adorable!

Fairies are elegant and cute, agreed :)
Jan 5, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
This arc actually might be nice. Previous arc was just.. really, really meh. Didn't really like that.

But srsly I wouldn't put that NeverGear on. I get it that Kirito loves Asuna but geez.

Also, I laughed when the language was set to Japanese but welcome to blah blah blah was still in English, lmao

That part with falling down when he entered the game must've been scary.

Yui is back biatches

The graphics are really really really beautiful. Glad I'm watching it in 1080p
Jan 15, 2014 4:38 PM

Sep 2013
WTF is this fairy shit!?

Aw man I was totally into the SAO world and plot :(
Jan 19, 2014 1:31 PM

Nov 2013
LOL, if I were one of those salamanders, I would instantly wrote a ticket/complaint to GM about cheating, like, lol, some noname noob in starting gear kicking asses of 3 good equipped players.
Jan 20, 2014 2:13 PM
Jul 2013
Magical Elves, seriously? Good thing Yui appeared again.
Jan 22, 2014 8:33 PM

Jul 2012
Why fairys?!
Jan 25, 2014 12:26 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fairies? Flying? Really?

What a huge letdown.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 25, 2014 7:51 PM

Aug 2013
It was a good episode. It's a refreshing start.

It was a good introduction to the new world.

Ugh, I must say I got spoiled from the character list. Don't look for Leafe in it, or you'll get spoiled, just a little warning...

Glad to see that Yui's not dead. So the two world are directly linked, which may explain why Asuna got into that world.

Kirito have one week to save his princess from the other bastard. I hope he make it in time.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 19, 2014 7:07 PM

Nov 2012
Even as a noob,Kirito is still OP as fuck!!!

Yay,Yui is back...and as a cute fairy!!! ^__^
minouneetzoe said:
Ugh, I must say I got spoiled from the character list. Don't look for Leafe in it, or you'll get spoiled, just a little warning...
Too late,also spoiled myself.
Mar 31, 2014 3:25 PM

Oct 2013
This is why Kirito lives. So epic when beating players as a newbie
May 12, 2014 1:40 AM

Jan 2014
Yumekichi11 said:
WOW THIS IS GREAT! I have nothing more to say then to await the unfold.
May 13, 2014 6:31 AM

Jan 2010
so, waaay late for a comment...

but I can't help but think things went completely sideways here. Yeah, cool he kept his stats from 2 years of SAO... but the RL solution was in his grasp.

I mean, he figured out:
1) Asuna and some others were moved over to the new game instead of waking up. (perhaps the others are camouflage to keep it from being obvious)
2) SAO was taken over by RCT, who managed the SAO servers, and started the new game
3) douchy mcdouche admits that it'd be best for him for asuna to stay asleep forever
4) douchy mcdouche is the one in charge of the servers, and the one with the power to keep asuna and others in the game forcibly.

so... go to the "wedding" and tell the family what's going on. They might not believe it immediately, but it's a logical enough plot that they'd want to investigate.

but ewww, still stuck thinking about that perv "consummating" the marriage while asuna is still stuck in the game world.
Jun 11, 2014 6:39 AM

Dec 2012
Although a decent start to the new game (I still prefer Aincrad to Alfheim), I feel like the whole rescue operation just isn't doing it for me. I don't like how the story is reducing Asuna to a damsel in distress, it just feels like so much potential is being wasted. Well at least Yui is back, her fairy form is so heartmeltingly adorable.
Jun 17, 2014 5:35 PM

Oct 2013
thaumx said:
so, waaay late for a comment...

but I can't help but think things went completely sideways here. Yeah, cool he kept his stats from 2 years of SAO... but the RL solution was in his grasp.

I mean, he figured out:
1) Asuna and some others were moved over to the new game instead of waking up. (perhaps the others are camouflage to keep it from being obvious)
2) SAO was taken over by RCT, who managed the SAO servers, and started the new game
3) douchy mcdouche admits that it'd be best for him for asuna to stay asleep forever
4) douchy mcdouche is the one in charge of the servers, and the one with the power to keep asuna and others in the game forcibly.

so... go to the "wedding" and tell the family what's going on. They might not believe it immediately, but it's a logical enough plot that they'd want to investigate.

but ewww, still stuck thinking about that perv "consummating" the marriage while asuna is still stuck in the game world.

Very well said.Nice!

Jun 26, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2010
Yui's back. ♥ The best moment in this episode.
Jul 5, 2014 7:42 PM

Apr 2009
How come Kirito was still an avaliable nickname?
Jul 11, 2014 12:09 AM

Jul 2008
Yui's back, and Kirito is back in the game, now he has what 6 days to save Asuna from creepozoid's wedding? He can't take his time like in SAO.
Jul 16, 2014 2:59 PM
Jan 2010
what is this gay fairy shit? at least SAO had an interesting setting
and kirito just became a hundred times more gary stu. how is that even possible
Aug 10, 2014 12:17 PM

May 2013
Kirito is back in a new MMORPG called ALfhiem Online, but instead of being a beater, he's just a cheater.
Also Yui is also back! (^_^)

Even though Kirito lost his Dual Blades skill, he's still OP as fudge.
In a game based on player skill, why wouldn't he be?

It's just his first day and he's already saving a girl named Leafa.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 13, 2014 7:24 PM

Feb 2013
That music! Also, hack-fairy Yui has entered.

No wonder flying is so hard... did you hear those controls? They're complete nonsense.
Nov 27, 2014 5:02 PM
Mar 2014
VanishingKira said:
Even as a noob,Kirito is still OP as fuck!!!

Yay,Yui is back...and as a cute fairy!!! ^__^
minouneetzoe said:
Too late,also spoiled myself.

voice gave it away
Dec 8, 2014 6:43 PM

Oct 2014
Didn't think I was going to like Alfheim much, but damn it was cool seeing Kirito back in action. Seems like another interesting concept for a game. I wish we had VR like this in real life! And Yui is back!
Dec 16, 2014 3:15 AM

Apr 2013
And we enter Alfheim Online, but Kirito keeps his OP stats and most skills. At least they can log out now at anytime and kill their opponents.
Apr 26, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2015
Once again, they try too hard with Yui, trying to make people think "Guys look, she's CUTE, which apparently means she's important!"
Jul 5, 2015 10:00 AM

Jun 2015
Well Alfheim would a game I would play if it existed.

Seeing Yui again made me happy and she is pretty cute as a pixie.

I was laughing at how Kirito appeared near the end of the episode.
Jul 7, 2015 2:23 AM

Sep 2014
So Whole show is divided into two different games , only the same main characters.. hah. So like this , these series can never end as long as creator has ideas to those games.. ( Or if main characters get old or die in rel world ) :l
Sep 30, 2015 2:36 AM

Jul 2013
Definitely don't like the stylistic turn this series just took. The new world is totally lame. Cool that Kirito kept all his stats, and the ultimate goal is a good one, but overall this episode was a bit lame.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 28, 2015 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
kirito the loser is always the loser. wish he died in this episode
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2012

544 by Kraum »»
May 26, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

491 by spillkongen »»
May 26, 11:48 AM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.