Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Mar 16, 2018 3:13 PM
Mar 2018
I don't know why, but this episode kind reminds me of that girl who lives with her dad in Ikana Canyon in Zelda Majora's Mask.
saldanhailnahMar 16, 2018 4:51 PM
Mar 17, 2018 6:29 AM

Jan 2016
That dog was fucking creepy as hell. I knew this glasses dude would screw them over somehow the second he was introduced. He was sending off bad vibes in every direction.
Apr 1, 2018 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
ninaaaa :(
saddest episode so far
Sep 14, 2018 12:05 PM

Jun 2016
still remain one of the most shocking anime episode i have ever watch, really show the worse side of human nature.
Sep 30, 2018 10:33 AM

Aug 2018
HOLY HELL THAT WAS A MESSED UP EPISODE!!!!!!!
Gnyo ho!
Oct 12, 2018 1:22 PM
Mar 2018
Well now...............................that was unbelievably screwed up.
Oct 21, 2018 11:06 AM

Jun 2017
Quite Possible one of anime's saddest scenes.

Is your job that important you'll fucking use your daughter and dog to pull something like that off, and even when the girl and the dog was in that state she says "does it hurt daddy".
CHECK OUT YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR GREATNESS : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjBB704NbCItpMA7VhSQmQg
Dec 26, 2018 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
I expected at least one episode to have something like a theme of mad scientist and will be about his controversial experiments, i.e. on humans against their will, but I didn't expect it to appear that soon in Fullmetal Alchemist!

Great episode. Powerful, full of emotions.

Poor Nina and Alexander. ;__;

Scar looked badass.
Jan 6, 2019 7:05 PM

Jun 2015
heard about this many, many times before seeing it. hated the dude with a passion before he even appeared, and this episode makes me wildly pissed. what a terrible dad, nina and alexander deserved better.
didnt expect it to appear so early in though.
Jan 14, 2019 8:15 AM

Oct 2015
I have mixed emotions. The fast pacing is a detriment to this series and it is clearly shown in this episode. When you try to instill that many different emotions to the viewer in a short amount of time you'll have to do it very skilfully as well as tactfully or else the viewer won't know how to feel at a certain point. Which is exactly what happened, I didn't know how to react to it so I was indifferent to the events being shown. Hope the show has adjusted it in the later episodes.

Scar seems cool though. I liked his mindset and values (what little of it that has been shown so far at the very least.)

3/5
Mar 9, 2019 7:20 PM

Aug 2007
Fuck off Tucker, your pun was as trash as YOU!

Apr 1, 2019 1:14 AM

May 2016
Welp, there is only one outcome awaiting poor Nina at the end because of all the dark memes made about it but I seriously didn't expect that it would hit me that hard this early into the anime.

Shou Tucker was already bad news from the very moment his most impressive breakthrough was mentioned by Roy. It was so screwed up that it shook me to the core and Scar coming to Shou's place to murder him at the very day he had his position as State Alchemist renewed was a big case of poetic justice. I really felt bad about Nina being put down. I guess that going peacefully really would be a better fate than living out her life as a monstrosity like that.

Apr 14, 2019 4:28 AM
Oct 2018
FUCKING FOUL
rip nina
Apr 30, 2019 1:43 AM

Jul 2016
This is just sad... just why... fck tucker
May 15, 2019 2:03 PM
May 2018
Trauma.
It is just trauma.
RIP Nina
RIP Alexander
Jun 8, 2019 10:21 AM
May 2019
nina's death made me cry like a bitch :D
Jul 24, 2019 12:01 PM

Dec 2016
man tucker was the most relatable character of the series so far
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Aug 5, 2019 8:50 AM

Aug 2016
Wow that was so fucked up O__O
Aug 11, 2019 5:02 AM
Aug 2019
Another sad and really fucked up story, that of the alchemist Shou Tucker and his family, as much as Scar is seen has a villain in this episode Tucker deserved to die.

Too bad this ordeal just left the elric brothers feeling really down
Oct 24, 2019 5:18 PM

Nov 2017
Damn, it's always rough knowing what happens to Nina and Alexander no matter how many times I've re-watched this anime X'-(
Nov 3, 2019 1:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This episode was INCREDIBLE, I was so shocked, damn, the voice was so creepy
Jan 6, 2020 4:46 PM
Oct 2019
A very good adaption from the first Fullmetal Alchemist
Jan 26, 2020 9:01 AM
Apr 2018
Damn you memes!!!

This was messed up, Jesus...
Mar 14, 2020 4:02 PM

Feb 2020
THANK GOD SCAR KILLED TUCKER I HATE TUCKER SO MUCH and despite having only one episode with nina i still loved her. she was adorable

also definitely feeling glad i watched the 2003 version first! there are so many things they are just referencing/skimming over in these episodes that i quite enjoyed watching, like the episode in roswell with yoki, and i would have had no clue about them had i not seen that first.

(random side note: i realised they haven't shown al preparing for and then being forced to drop out of becoming a state alchemist (unless they will mention it later?), but i thought that was a nice plot point, it added a layer of almost resentment and helplessness to al)
May 3, 2020 5:00 AM

Nov 2018
Thanks for reminding me why I stopped watching this anime in my childhood.It's so violent and hits right in the feelings.
I hate everyone equally
Jun 17, 2020 3:38 AM

Aug 2017
That was sad, I can't deny it but i have no idea of why Edward never suspected him in the first place since Mustang informed him what Shou Tucker was doing.

But I fucking hate Tucker!

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 17, 2020 8:03 AM

May 2020
ironchefflip said:
kuroshiroi said:

I'm curious to see what people that haven't seen the original think of this episode, which was one of the best arcs from the original, imo.

I'm one of those people. I thought this episode's pacing was fine. It built up tension and future story by introducing the Scar character. It gave the audience enough background info and interaction to grow attached to Nina and Alexander. And then it excelled in making me depressed as to what Tucker did to them and their mother. Lastly, it did ok in showing Ed's inner turmoil and then book-ending it nicely with Scar getting another alchemist, along with the heart breaking (although messy) euthanasia of the chimera.

If this were two episodes or more, the only thing I could see them doing is have more Nina and dog screen time so that he viewer would be more attached, eventually creating a deeper depression after what happened to her. Maybe a longer Scar fight, but then he wouldn't seem so seemingly unstoppable as he is now. Or more Edward brooding which would just be more angst than needed.

I liked the way this was done, albeit I'm still depressed from sadness by it.

magelet said:
As for those who say the pace is too fast, you need to keep in mind that this was only one chapter in the manga. The first series just stretched the story out considerably. Thus far, I think the pacing is just about perfect. Can't wait for the next episode!

Not much more to add. Pacing was slow enough to create an emotional bond, so that the end really hits hard. It was also better that they waited with Ed's realization until the cimera called him "brother". In the old version, he seems to know right away which packs less of a punch. The added lines for the chimera when Tucker is killed are also heartbreaking.

On a sidenote: clever way to introduce Yoki :)
Jul 3, 2020 10:52 PM

Aug 2018
This episode is just top tier writing. Its really amazing how they made you care about a character that we only seen for a very short period of time. So far 4 episodes in and I'm really hooked up on seeing what happens next
Sep 30, 2020 9:57 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, that was messed up. I kept hoping they were just having a nightmare at the end.

The chimeras voice was ridiculous though.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Nov 8, 2020 12:44 PM

Jul 2017
The original anime did a better job with fleshing it out since this portion went 2 episodes instead of one like in Brotherhood, but Brotherhood made it feel a bit more emotional with the music used in the Nina-Alexander chimera reveal. Made the melancholy strike deeper.

Good stuff despite being fucked up with Tucker's actions.
Dec 12, 2020 11:18 AM

Feb 2020
Man, that was fucked up. This is the part that my friend warned me about...

I knew right away as I saw the chimera...watching Ed figure it out really increased the darkness in this episode. This anime seems so versatile already.
Jan 26, 2021 4:55 PM
Jan 2021
What kind of masterpiece it is?!!!🔥🔥🎉
Feb 17, 2021 2:20 AM
Apr 2019
This shit made me nauseous lmao. I had seen spoilers years ago and didn't watch the show until now. I didn't realize how much it would get to me. Her voice is so creepy and unsettling. It's so sad. I hope shou tucker is having a horrible time in hell like he deserves lol
Apr 28, 2021 11:01 PM

Jul 2020
That part made me sick _(´ཀ`」 ∠)_ it's so creepy but it's good!
Jun 25, 2021 6:47 AM

Jun 2021

this episode is terrifying. i really shocked when his father turned his daughter into a creature.it really made me crying and i felt so sad.

i was now really hyped up for watching next episode.this anime really best anime in the anime and manga community.

if only art style of this anime is brilliant. i would rate it 10 out of 10.
for sure.
Jul 28, 2021 7:19 PM

Aug 2011
Ahhh this is the infamous episode. I remember all the memes about the daughter dog thing and now I've finally seen it. Man it's tragic what he did to achieve alchemy
desu desu binches
Oct 24, 2021 3:13 AM
Aug 2018
I have just watched this episode in Cantonese (廣東話)version in TVB J2 Channel a few days ago. I can't believe Shou Tucker is so despicable that not only he uses his wife to create a chimera. And this time he uses his daughter Nina Tucker and his dog Alexander to create a new talking chimera. This is so unforgivable that Edward Elric punches him so hard. If I am Edward, I will do the same because Shou Tucker does feel proud and he is not show any remorse of all. Near the end of the episode, he is killed by Scar. That why Shou Tucker is the most hated anime character in the entire anime world.
Dec 8, 2021 10:26 AM
Nov 2020
I love a story of a little girl and her dog where they’re just inseparable.
Jan 8, 2022 9:49 PM

Oct 2020
#1 Re-watch

Heartbreaking episode. Nina and Alexander deserved much better, I'm happy that Tucker was killed. The OST at the end gave me chills (it's one of my favourite FMAB OST).
The conversation between Roy, Riza and the Elric brothers at the end made me realise how messed up humans actually are.

5/5 it was amazing!

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
Feb 8, 2022 11:37 AM

Feb 2021
this all feels too routine. they skipped the train and the mining town and the comedy is really disconnecting me from the story
Mar 8, 2022 12:30 AM

Jan 2021
HOLY SMOKES, I WASN'T PREPARED FOR THIS!! What a dark and devastating episode, still can't stop crying for poor Nina💔😭

Apr 15, 2022 3:01 AM

Jun 2019
Man... that was really sad. I was spoiled about it. But, it was still painful to watch. T_T Poor Nina and Alexander. I hope you both are in a better place now.
May 5, 2022 4:46 AM
Apr 2022
a mysterious man with a cross shaped scar across his face attacks and murders Brigadier
General Basque Grand. The Führer orders Hughes and Armstrong to use all available resources to stop the murderer. Meanwhile, to avoid being in their debt, Mustang introduces Edward and
Alphonse to Shou Tucker, the "Sewing-Life
Alchemist" who obtained his state alchemist credentials by creating a chimera that could understand human speech. He opens up his library to the Elric brothers for them to study living creature transmutation, but they also end up spending time to play with Tucker's daughter
Nina and family dog Alexander. Upon returning to the house for another study session, they find that Tucker has created another speaking chimera in order to satisfy his yearly assessment requirements. However, Edward is furious to discover that the speaking chimera was created using Nina and Alexander, and he also realizes that Tucker did the same with his wife, two years prior. Alphonse stops Edward from nearly beating
Tucker to death, as Edward is left feeling helpless. Mustang tells him that by being a state alchemist, he must prepare himself to take a life if called upon by the military. While Tucker is under arrest for his actions, he is visited by the scarred man, who kills him and the chimera
May 5, 2022 2:08 PM

Jul 2017
nice episode i liked it, rest in peace Nina and Alexander :(
Jun 30, 2022 2:34 PM

Jul 2021
Honestly, It's such a shame they spoiled me about this waaaay before watching the anime.

It seems like the adaptation was rushed (never seen 03 or read the manga), but even then they still managed to make me sad despite me knowing what was about to happen.
Aug 2, 2022 5:38 PM

May 2021
That was a sad episode....
Aug 8, 2022 4:16 PM
Jul 2021
I really liked this episode
Aug 20, 2022 4:27 AM
Aug 2022
Visit our website .
For watching latest dramas.
https://estrenosdoramasmp4.beauty/
Visit our website .
For watching latest dramas.
https://estrenosdoramasmp4.beauty/
Aug 21, 2022 6:00 PM
Aug 2022
peak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 3, 2022 7:30 PM
Jan 2021
;-; saaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» A question

Holy_Momo - Jun 17

22 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Yesterday, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

980 by Bichuche007 »»
Jun 22, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 44 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 14, 2010

190 by TheStarscream759 »»
Jun 19, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

622 by Samcham »»
Jun 18, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

adamantine - Feb 7, 2010

162 by TheStarscream759 »»
Jun 17, 5:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.