Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 19, 2009 6:52 AM

Aug 2009
greenmush said:
funny episode again but i didnt understand mch of the reference in this episode

yup me too, unfortunately..
But this show is great!
Oct 19, 2009 6:53 AM

Oct 2008
I'd let Minatsu strangle me too =D
Oct 19, 2009 7:41 AM

Oct 2009
I missed quite a few references too, but there was still enough for me to really enjoy the episode. Every interview made me laugh a lot.
Oct 19, 2009 8:30 AM

Jan 2009
lol @ jigoku shoujo refrence, even they make the original enma ai's seiyuu, mamiko noto appear.

looks like in the next episode there will be k-on parody lol
Oct 19, 2009 8:31 AM

Sep 2009
for some reason it seemed that she has a relationship with sugisaki or something maybe something in the past but i think im wrong it would make sense with her "reliable source" i love this episode tho
Oct 19, 2009 8:45 AM

Mar 2008
Ryuukishi said:
What? Mamiko Noto voiced Lilicia? When I first heard Lilicia's voice, I thought she was voiced by a girl with crappy voice. DD:

Can't believe she was voiced by my favorite seiyuu. ;;

Oddly enough it seemed like her voice was the same as ever to me. Never been that much of a fan so I notice when she is voicing a character almost right away.

hello1357 said:

No doubt about that :). Of course might want to avoid saying what Sugisaki said since that's what lead to losing consciousness. If he hadn't woken up sooner they might have disposed of the evidence before 'replacing' him....

myztichydra said:
for some reason it seemed that she has a relationship with sugisaki or something maybe something in the past but i think im wrong it would make sense with her "reliable source" i love this episode tho

Well I don't think Lilicia would bring it up if she was directly connected to it. Since Sugisaki was two-timing I don't think it's a shock that some talk came from it. Maybe her source was someone in his class back then or at the school?
Oct 19, 2009 8:57 AM
Nov 2008
The characters in this show are fantastic. They all make you smile in their own different way. Add the comedy to the mix, and it's just all around enjoyable.
Oct 19, 2009 9:12 AM

Sep 2009
This episode made me laugh :) Mafuyus love for BL was so funny!
I didn't spot many references in this one=/
Just Jigoku Shoujo, pandora hearts and maybe pokémon
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Oct 19, 2009 9:25 AM

Feb 2008
This, while bad, is quite enjoyable. Sort of like Needless.
Oct 19, 2009 9:49 AM
Sep 2008
francismeunier said:

kage-bunshin said:
interview time, and several other anime references; plus ken cheated on two girls? wonder if thats really true

If he did then it was his horny aspect. Maybe he played too many erotic games? In any case that is low and making a harem thing won't solve anything. I think Ken should find one girl that will make him happy if he wants to avoid his mistake. The harem thing will make things more of a mess I would think.

Considering he was in middle school (~15? I dunno) at the time it's a helluva lot more realistic portrayal of life than most harem leads. The harem thing would only be a mess if Ken was harem-building for sex, which (despite his playful perverseness) Ken is not really looking to do, and I doubt a comedy series would seriously address that issue anyways (unless it's like a Higurashi comedy series...)
Oct 19, 2009 10:31 AM

Apr 2008
Epic Quotes:

1. OH MY GOD!

2. That moment, I became the wind. No, the light. I understood the theory of relativity within my body. I was a war machine. Yes, I had too much momentum. My sexual desire that grew within me had already passed the critical point!

3. Mafuyu takes one point of damage for every step moved (Poisoned)

4. Sakurano Kurimu. The student council president.
Good answer.
Ehehehehe ^^ (damn that was so cute)

I think Ken didn't tell the truth about two-timing. I think he did something like the one in the first episode so that he can save the girls from being intrigued by the journalism club and gather all the attention into him. He's like Jesus Christ lol.

Is it K-ON! next ep? I can't wait ^^

Oct 19, 2009 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
This Episode Was Hilarious
Oct 19, 2009 10:39 AM

Apr 2008
Not my favorite episode. I didn't get most of the references this time around. =(
Oct 19, 2009 11:05 AM

Aug 2008
I like evil bastards like Chizuru.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2009 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
Better than episode 2. It's a good thing I've seen so many anime so I get most of the references.

I lol'd at the "OH MY GOD" part
Oct 19, 2009 12:06 PM

Jan 2009
"Life is never too short to try again!" Did you know?

Oh Sugisaki's awesome xD..

And Toudou Lilicia's so full of herself xD..
In the preview from the previous episode made her look like quite an appealing character. Guess she wasn't : D

Lol Index, and great silence there in the interview with Minatsu x)
Hmm wait, that pocketwatch, that's not the one from Pandora Hearts is it?
Oh lawd Mafuyu's cool x)

No wait, Chizuru's cool : D
She's some cool stuff yes : D

Anywho, Sugisaki's a really straightforward and a really simpleminded guy : D
He's kinda like me I guess, except for the straightforwardness xD..
Two-timing, It's true! *silence*
: D
Harr harr harr I like 'im yarr x)
Oh and another scene of total silence for a while xD
maxime1007 said:
From the preview i'm expecting full of lulz for the next episode XD.

Indeed, and
argilium said:
Next week, it looks like K-On..

Wait wat? ...wait, except for the bass maybe, but still xD..
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 19, 2009 12:07 PM

Oct 2007
Sylpheed said:
2. That moment, I became the wind. No, the light. I understood the theory of relativity within my body. I was a war machine. Yes, I had too much momentum. My sexual desire that grew within me had already passed the critical point!

If I were to say something it would be Cashern Sins.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 19, 2009 12:11 PM

Oct 2009
Sylpheed said:
Epic Quotes:

1. OH MY GOD!

Hahaha, that was a good laugh.
Sylpheed said:

The whole thing was just funny and at least Ken admited having too much of sexual impulse.
Sylpheed said:
3. Mafuyu takes one point of damage for every step moved (Poisoned)

Great RPG reference but it still reminds me of Dragon Warrior.
Sylpheed said:
4. Sakurano Kurimu. The student council president.
Good answer.
Ehehehehe ^^ (damn that was so cute)

Yeah that was really cute Sylpheed. Really cute.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 19, 2009 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
I was just waiting for a Jigoku Shoujo reference, since it's also made by DEEN.

And I really lol'd at Ai.
''Oi.'' XD

It'd be awesome if she'd say that in the anime.

I haven't seen a lot of anime, but I still get some of the references and I really love this! Can't wait for more.
Oct 19, 2009 4:11 PM

Jan 2008
i can't believe he went after the hell girl. amazing. the stupid shit people say in this show is priceless as well. keep it coming.
Oct 19, 2009 4:28 PM

Mar 2008
kawaiimisato said:
i can't believe he went after the hell girl. amazing. the stupid shit people say in this show is priceless as well. keep it coming.

Well safe to say if she is cute Sugisaki will be there :).
Oct 19, 2009 4:48 PM

Sep 2009
FlareKnight said:
kawaiimisato said:

What show is that from anyways?...(just curious)
Oct 19, 2009 5:33 PM

Jul 2009
saxophone15 said:
FlareKnight said:
kawaiimisato said:

Hell girl, or "Jigoku Shojo" for your information. Hope that helps ;)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 19, 2009 5:36 PM
Jun 2008
Is this anime supposed to be dull? Kudos to Mamiko though. This is the first time I ever heard her as an ojou-sama tsundere.
Oct 19, 2009 6:37 PM

Sep 2009
BitchMaster said:
saxophone15 said:
FlareKnight said:
kawaiimisato said:

Hell girl, or "Jigoku Shojo" for your information. Hope that helps ;)

Ok...Thanks.
Oct 19, 2009 11:23 PM

Jul 2009
PFFFF, all the fuss about that scene of Mafuyu getting poisoned and nobody was able to appreciate this:

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 19, 2009 11:45 PM

Dec 2007
just watched the 3rd episode and i liked it but its just getting old and boring now.
they should think of something else because they dont show any new characters except for that new blondie, they dont even show any other people other then those student counsel members.

this show was good at first and first epsiode got a 5/5, the show hasnt gotten any worse but it just got old

2/5
Oct 20, 2009 4:45 AM

Nov 2007
I liked the Jigoku Shoujo part and nice change in this episode.
I hope it lasts to the end.
Oct 20, 2009 7:05 AM

Apr 2009
Damn, I only noticed the Pandora Hearts and Pokémon reference in this one. D:

"OH MY GOD." was hilarious though. xD
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Oct 20, 2009 7:49 AM

Oct 2009
BitchMaster said:
PFFFF, all the fuss about that scene of Mafuyu getting poisoned and nobody was able to appreciate this:

I did! Just not bothered to put it here.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 20, 2009 10:02 AM

Apr 2008
Siva said:
Sylpheed said:

If I were to say something it would be Cashern Sins.

I haven't watched that yet? How is that line related to that title?

@BitchMaster
Lol that was hilarious too. I forgot to add that XD

@Yokurama
I guess blending in other people will only be a mess since this series is concentrated not on the plot but only the characters themselves. Having unnecessary characters will only be a pain in the ass. I do not enjoy half-assed plot..if it would be half-assed better leave the plot behind and load it with "the every day life" episodes. That's what I think.

Oct 20, 2009 5:07 PM

Jun 2009
Nice episode. Was interesting to see the change of mood at the end when they were talking about Kens past with his two timing. Really liked the Jigoku Shoujo reference that made me laugh and nervous Mafuyu was LoL, "game soft, game hard, boys soft, and boys hard."
Oct 20, 2009 6:06 PM

Mar 2009
LULZ!!! I love this show! The interviews were hilarious, especially Mafuyu's!! I like the Journalism chick, she's great, hope she's in it more. "Loli comes to mind when talking about the student council pres...", @_@ LOL!!! Next ep looks like they might actually be outside of the room for more than just in the hallway, when they leave. Sugisaki is funny, (suitable for all ages)!!! Chizuru is scary, and I love her seiyu! In fact, all the voices are perfect in this show! Can't wait for the Harem Ending!!! Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
MrHatandClogsOct 20, 2009 6:11 PM
Oct 20, 2009 6:39 PM

Aug 2009
Am I the only one who thinks this ep sucked? I didn't even laugh at one part.

This series is going more downhill. I might just drop it soon.
Oct 20, 2009 7:06 PM
Feb 2009
I liked that it became slightly serious concerning Ken's past. Didn't get alot of the references though but I did love Ken's "OH MY GOD" :3
Oct 20, 2009 7:29 PM

May 2008
"That face! Are you telling me my handsome face is falling apart?"
"Quit those self-conscious reactions!"
"EHHH >u<"
"None of that either!"
"OH MY GOD."
"Don't act like foreigners without purpose!"
"Shame..."
"We don't need unnecessary character settings!"

BEST SCENE EVER XDD This episode was pure wintastic.

Oct 20, 2009 10:29 PM

Nov 2007
hello1357 said:

Amen to that ^_^
Oct 20, 2009 10:44 PM
Jul 2009
What a weird bunch...Sure there okay references and mild comedy but the show feels lacking in many ways. I'm really bothered by its atmosphere. The school feels absolutely empty...I'm not dropping it but score is going down a little.

Mafuyu's "intereview" was the best out of the bunch.
Oct 20, 2009 10:54 PM

Oct 2007
fun ep too bad i didn't notice crap on references oh well... still funny
Oct 20, 2009 11:04 PM

Sep 2008
OMG they are developing a plot. What the hell is going on here. They better drop all hopes for a plot asap cause it just wont work at all.

That said, this is becoming my most favourite anime this season.
Oct 21, 2009 3:42 AM

Sep 2007
I got some of the references, like Jigoku Shoujo, but I feel like I'm missing more of them every week. It's unfortunate, 'cause, like 5layer said, I don't see any real plot developing outside of these parodies.

Oct 21, 2009 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
LOL

Casshern Sins,Jigoku Shoujo,RPG's reference(poisoned) and the guy been like a girl...

THAT was funny XD

btw,when the sister(not the blondie) said "Index" I think that was a reference of "To aru Majutsu no Index"...
Oct 21, 2009 11:12 AM

Aug 2007
Kingwel: she was indeed talking about Toaru Majutsu no Index, but as well about Baka to Test. The only part that I liked... not really much, actually. Guess the part with Minatsu and Sugisaki where Sugisaki went moe. I actually started to like Mafuyu since episode 2.

Next episode seems cool.
DragonsWhipOct 21, 2009 11:35 AM
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Oct 21, 2009 12:25 PM

Apr 2009
needs moar references! :3
Oct 21, 2009 3:15 PM

Apr 2009
DragonsWhip said:
Kingwel: she was indeed talking about Toaru Majutsu no Index, but as well about Baka to Test. The only part that I liked... not really much, actually. Guess the part with Minatsu and Sugisaki where Sugisaki went moe. I actually started to like Mafuyu since episode 2.

Next episode seems cool.

I know of Baka no Test,that I was really sure XD
Oct 21, 2009 4:12 PM

Oct 2008
Epic character of this fall season = Mafuyu
Oct 21, 2009 9:12 PM

Jul 2009
LOL Sugisaki is so hillarious XD
Sugisaki suddenly act like a girl..priceless.
I cannot believe that Sugisaki had the same voice actor that voice Kyoya Hibari..i mean they are totaly different person( one is funny and the other is badass) XD
LOL at Mafuyu reaction..
Oct 21, 2009 10:39 PM

Dec 2007
This episode sure is so funny, and I enjoyed it. I am interesting in Ken's past about how he met the council members.
Oct 22, 2009 12:26 AM

Jan 2008
Kagura89 said:
Sugisaki suddenly act like a girl..priceless...
Yes, that was awesome.
Oct 22, 2009 4:21 AM

May 2008
A very funny episode, a new face is always good^^ She actually has the most screentime, but then it shows more of her character :D As for Chizuru, her personality is as dark and scary as always.
but i dont sense any plot in this series =/
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seitokai no Ichizon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 18, 2009

192 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jun 16, 3:57 PM

» A question regarding ken !

bezardo - Dec 1, 2023

1 by Efan »»
Dec 1, 2023 5:19 PM

Poll: » Seitokai no Ichizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Oct 9, 2009

143 by JeremiahOrange »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:12 AM

Poll: » Seitokai no Ichizon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 2, 2009

253 by JeremiahOrange »»
Aug 15, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Seitokai no Ichizon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2009

128 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 5, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.