Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 30, 2014 9:52 AM

Jan 2010
That Aishiteru Banzai killed me ;_; One of the best endings ever made, it's so sad that's over

Overall 9.5/10, 0.5 beacouse I didn't like their last song on the Love Live (I don't mean the 1st opening).
Mikas666Jul 30, 2014 9:57 AM
Sorry for my bad english ;c
Jul 31, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2014
beast anime ever!!!

also

10/10 for nico mom

nico nico nii

i.m done her> going to cry because i finished a great anime
Aug 2, 2014 8:37 AM
May 2012
Everything was going fine until the ending, but it didn't really felt right with what Hanayo did and the ending song. I was expecting a normal, "Life goes on" ending and I got that. Kind of ruined the mood for me.

Great story, but I just don't dig how they played out those jokes or those scenes with humor. They just felt forced to me. They tend to annoy me sometimes.

This is what made it different from the first season. I have to say S1 is better, though. But i'm not saying S2 is bad.

7/10.
Aug 8, 2014 12:37 AM

Oct 2010
Am I the only one who found that ending inappropriate? It would have been a high point if it ended with the graduation, but they insisted on cramming one more awkward song into the end, completely reset all the feelings they built in the prior 3 episodes. Not to mention, they pulled another one of those cliche "super-overreaction to something, and then won't show us what it is to keep us in suspense" developments.

I'm all for new music, but even so there needs to be an awareness of when and where it is appropriate.

6/10
Aug 8, 2014 3:38 PM

Nov 2012
Farewell Muse, welcome the new idol group by Arisa?
Aug 10, 2014 4:16 PM

Dec 2009
A rather weak sequel to a fun first season. It felt like an unnecessary sidestory most of the time. More than anything, this felt like it was for the biggest fans. "You liked Nico x Maki? Here you go! You want random acknowledgement by A-RISE? Here you go!" and so on. Not to mention how the Love Live competition felt like an afterthought, being completely forgotten about after a few episodes where the season instead focused on... weight issues, gender stereotypes and whatnot. Shame.

4/10

The first season was better.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 11, 2014 9:26 PM

May 2009
What the heck at the ending? They make one of the most likeable farewell expositions I've ever seen and then they do that? Oh well. I still liked this overall. Yeah, character development was a bit lacking compared to the first season, but I'm a sucker for how well they nailed the "graduation is imminent, time for reality to hit" buildup.

9/10
Aug 13, 2014 2:13 AM

Nov 2010
Assirra said:
nowascki said:
They didn't show absolutely nothing about the end of the love live, muse celebrating the win, etc. I'm disappointed.

This has been my issue mostly the whole second season.
The whole Love Live thing felt like some side thing. We got what? maybe 4 episodes (and not full ones) dedicated to it and even then it was just a performance once a while.

Exactly ... to bad they didn't explore that angle more.

anyway, good and funny anime. enjoyed it so much.
Aug 13, 2014 6:32 AM
Apr 2014
great ending, I'm gonna miss Hanayo
that "Aishiteru Banzai" was nice
Aug 19, 2014 6:28 AM

Jan 2012
this season was trash...

season 1 had that hidden factor that made it enjoyable even though I hate these kind of singing and stupid random school shit anime

stopped giving a shit after EP 3 I think..

not a single fuck was given.

I knew I should've dropped it like I always do, but what's done is done.

4/10
Aug 20, 2014 2:54 AM

Jul 2011
Thank god we still have the movie otherwise it would be very sad.

8/10
Aug 24, 2014 11:20 AM

Sep 2013
This show, I loved it
Aug 29, 2014 8:58 AM

Oct 2011
nice feel episode.
but somehow, Honoka's scene on the rooftop remind me of Aria the origination scene. :p
Sep 7, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2011
Feels were too strong in this one T_T Awesome, loved both of the seasons, so many feelings~ full points for the episode, 8/10 for both seasons
Sep 22, 2014 2:50 PM

Oct 2012
Aaah, third excellent episode in row, you got me again, Sunrise :)

There were ton of great moments in this ep that I can't simply sum them all - Nico's mum, Aishiteru Banzai!, Hanayo being elected club president, water μ`s on the roof with those precious memories and so on. It sure tells me that some things and details had to be planned right from the start.

And they finally graduated... it was sad yet somehow promising at the same time as it wasn't end of the world but rather new start. Real coming of age that we lived through. Everytime something ends, something new begins. μ`s may be over but those memories remains. And I have to say this was one great journey.

I liked how they managed ever push forward, never halted, just about every episode was another great new experience. Time sure flew pretty fast for those girls. And I enjoyed it to the fullest even there were some small little hiccups on the road.

Overall, this was great series - 8/10 (and I will definitelly miss it)
Best idol anime for me!
Sep 30, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
Kind of a weak ending IMO (episode 12 could have been the last episode) but overall, pretty decent. I'm not quite sure how to rate this because some episodes were great while others were alright. Episode 8 was by far, the strongest.

Also, yeah I think that we didn't get enough Love Live! (the competition I mean) and it strayed too much on the girls learning how to move on into the future.

Definitely watching any sequels/movies. I really enjoyed this series.
Oct 11, 2014 3:07 AM

Feb 2013
This whole series was such an amazing surprise for me, I didn't expect to love it as much as I did.

Lots of feels in the last few episodes, but good feels.....

9/10
Oct 18, 2014 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty great anime, I very much enjoyed it. Excited for the movie :3
Rin and Maki-chan are best girls!
Oct 19, 2014 12:09 PM
Mar 2014
Feels in that singing part.
Nov 3, 2014 2:54 PM

Jan 2013
That "cliffhanger" and movie announcement are the true fan service that a company can give to the fans <3

Good episode, Nico's mother was funny, and that side of Nico was cute.
The speech was great.
Nov 10, 2014 7:56 AM

Jan 2013
Nyan! Nico
Nov 13, 2014 10:12 PM

Apr 2014
I'm going to miss this anime. I am so shocked at how much I've enjoyed this series. Great watch!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2014 4:14 AM

Feb 2012
Glad I was finally able to watch this series. Greatly enjoyed! I'm gonna miss the girls! Just gotta wait til the movie I guess.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 5, 2014 8:57 PM

May 2013
Misleading song title.
Dec 11, 2014 9:36 PM

Dec 2013
I rated this anime 10/10, since first of all i liked Nico nico's character as a whole, easily one of my fav, i mean as of now i still like her, next would be that the anime itself had the same vibe it gave me when i watched KyoAni's K-On series, and well while the other is band and stuff, this is about idols which consists of singing and dancing, but the goal is just about the same, having fun in reaching the final stage of your objective/goal with your fellow club members/friends/buddies and make the most out of your highschool life, i honestly won't think muse as a whole would disband or retire completely, since the announcement of the movie proved it wrong, i just wish the closure on that part would be marvelous, just like the K-ON Movie, that's all i want to say minna, to the next anime series ^w^
Dec 26, 2014 4:07 PM
Feb 2012
SOOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!!!!! 9/10
Jan 11, 2015 7:58 PM

Oct 2011
Great last episode! A really nice way to round out a wonderful series. Looking forward to the movie!
Feb 15, 2015 5:16 PM

Feb 2010
Aside from Sunrise dropping the ball on Rin's character, and maybe the whole fiasco of Honoka being student council president for...some reason, I literally cannot think of any complaints. Across both seasons.
Mar 20, 2015 9:22 AM

Jul 2013
I remeber people telling my this show sucked simply beacause it has cute girls.

Gotta say, after marathoning it, fuck them!

This season in particular was seriously great. Fuck MAL and stereotypes.

9/10
Mar 30, 2015 6:09 AM

Mar 2015
It was very emotional, I may have cried a bit... Love Live has been one of the best animes I have watched, I cannot wait for the film!
May 21, 2015 10:20 PM
Jul 2013
what now?

new name for their group? including arisa and yukio

boring...............
Jun 13, 2015 7:30 PM

Jul 2010
What a good series, I just watched the all episodes in one day ^^
Jul 21, 2015 11:38 PM

May 2014
Yeesh, a lot of low scores here.

I absolutely loved this anime. Both seasons were absolutely amazing. For something I thought was going to be a fairly straight-forward, not much depth anime about singing, this sure blew me away. The amount of character development, closure, and resolve with these characters is astounding. Everyone started for their own different reasons, and they all continued for the same reason. Every character got the spotlight, and I was as sad as they were to see it come to an end.

One of the most encouraging and heart-warming animes I've ever had the pleasure to enjoy. This season gets a 10/10.
Aug 10, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
8/10
Really nice SOL show. I'm glad that whole 'Idol' thing was just a background.
Now I'm waiting for the movie :)
The only thing which I didn't like was that shitty 3DCG in their performances.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 10, 2015 7:33 PM
Jan 2010
Enjoyed it 'till the end, 8.5/10 gave it 9 because i can, this is one of the rare shows where i really really want more seasons.
Sep 13, 2015 7:41 PM

Mar 2013
Well this was surprising, I honestly didn't expect Love Live to be such an excellent anime. I leave pleased with what I watched. Great stuff.
Sep 16, 2015 7:14 AM

Sep 2008
This second season had some of the best and worst episodes. The fillers throughout the middle were painfully boring. But the rest of the episodes were great. Really enjoyed this anime and will be looking forward to seeing that movie.
Oct 1, 2015 6:36 AM

Jan 2015
Better than the first season
10/10
Oct 23, 2015 5:50 AM

Aug 2010
I understand the wide fan base of this show but honestly I'm not that hooked. The second season though was better. Less idol shit, more SOL and character build up. I admit I sort of had the feels while watching, with all the graduation and all. I mean don't we all right?

I guess it's an OK show I get why people could get hyped on this. I even got like a bunch of their songs on my phone (a bunch meaning 20+ and counting).

With the movie yet to be subbed, I like to see how far can they milk the cow with this one. 8/10
Oct 31, 2015 2:33 AM

Jan 2015
Great last episode, can't wait for the movie! That song at the end has got to be one of my favourites, mainly because they bought this back > http://i.imgur.com/bFuJ1yO.jpg?1
I love this picture as well > http://i.imgur.com/kdItVg0.jpg?1

μ's forever!
Nov 21, 2015 8:34 AM

Jan 2008
The first series was mediocre at best, but the 2nd one showed us how to create a solid, enjoyable and memorable series with full of heart.

8/10 (Nico rulz.)
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Jan 9, 2016 6:48 AM

Jun 2008
OrangeRafi said:
The most that surprise me on these episode was not the movie announcement at the end nor u's winning the love live!. It was the brown alpaca that turns out to be pregnant. All these year I thought the brown alpaca was the male one while the white alpaca was the female.

This was shocking to me too. A complete plot twist right at the end.
Now we know why Kotori was always into the white one, lol. Can't wait for the bestiality dooujins.
Jan 9, 2016 12:48 PM

May 2010
Happy maker is a very nice song!

I esp. loved the reminscing scene, the figurative message in the form of water, that muse is going to disappear after the seniors graduate. That was really beautiful, reminded me of my last dat at school when I was alone and started looking inside the empty classrooms. It was surreal...

Overall, great season. 9/10, on to the movie!
Apr 7, 2016 9:43 AM
Jan 2016
Nico Nico Nii~ !!! Kawaii !!!!!!

The girls of Muse are so cute! So damn good anime.

It's a shame that this anime ends now. Would be cool if there was another season.

9/10
Apr 12, 2016 10:08 AM

Mar 2014
Seriously? All that build up for nothing

"LOVE LIVE IS SUCH IMPORTANT MUCH WOW, oh wait it only got one episode lololol"

Other than that it was definitely better than S1, and surprisingly good considering that it's an idol loli series that panders to otaku neckbeards

6/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 19, 2016 6:45 PM

Apr 2014
God I really got into this show way more than i thought I would have xD. I'm so scared to watch the movie, cause once its finished..idk what to do with my life. I need muse! T-T They give my life purpose xD.
Jun 17, 2016 1:00 AM

Aug 2012
-They started the episode off with in a similar way that S1E1 was started
-Somehow the Nico-nico-nii thing doesn't suit Mama Yazawa
-How'd they read Honoka's graduation speech that fast?
-The scene between former pres and current pres in the council room was really sweet, actually. As in, the scene wasn't too overdramatic with overly obvious narration.
-I just now realized that the reason that μ's first fans supported them at the beginning was partly because they were already the school's MCs. Still, it was great seeing them stick by Honoka throughout the whole show.
-Well I knew that Aishiteru Banzai (my favorite μ's song) was gonna be in this episode but I didn't quite expect it to be Honoka's graduation speech. It would also explain why Kotori and Umi were able to read it so quickly. The "lalala" part being sung by the entire student body was kind of weird, but the choruses being sung by the other members was pretty fitting.
-Yeah, the first thing I thought of when they first mentioned "the new president" of the Idol Research Club was having Hanayo be the president
-The white alpaca's smug face

-They incorporated a scene from the first OP (laying down in an arc on a field of grass) and a scene from the second ED (μ's on the roof) into the episode, which was pretty neat to see. In particular I loved the scene on the roof because of how symbolic it was. Honoka's response of "That's okay" to Maki's assertion that the water would disappear was pretty powerful considering how not okay everyone was with disbanding at the end of episode 11. Having the flashbacks to past practice sessions fade away as the watermark did was a pretty nice touch. In fact, everything from the roof scene to the end of the credits was a pretty logical and fitting end to the show. Everything started with Honoka, and everything (before the credits) ended with Honoka.
-I'll just kinda... pretend that the things that happened after the credits were just a promotional video and not actually part of the episode.

This season was much better than last one. I really enjoyed the screentime they gave to all of the supporting characters, and the fact that Love Live was a multimedia project made it even more awesome. The progression felt pretty natural across both seasons. The second season started off pretty slow in the beginning, but a lot of the episodes in this season were pretty great. Just like with the first season, it was a bunch of little things that made the episodes so enjoyable.

EDIT: After looking it up, the seiyuus of Fumiko, Hideko, and Mika, μ's first fans, would eventually end up as Rika, Nana, and Mio, respectively, from iM@S CG, as well as other musical productions I'm not familiar with. That's kinda interesting.
ThreePercentAug 3, 2016 1:01 PM
Jun 22, 2016 1:22 AM
Apr 2015
that was a good season. Better than the last one, for sure. it felt more natural, somehow. got teary eyed again :') I'm satisfied even if the series ended with them together exiting, but of course It's better when Hanayo goes all crazy after hearing a big news as usual XD

9/10! now onto the movie!
Aug 12, 2016 5:46 AM

Apr 2009
I never expected that this will be better than season one.

9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2016 7:12 AM

Jun 2015
What an ending ;_;
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» What's your favorite song of μ's?

RitzueX - Sep 16

16 by DeTrixter »»
Sep 23, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

138 by MeatyHobbertson »»
Sep 1, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

114 by _untitled »»
Aug 5, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

144 by _untitled »»
Aug 5, 1:05 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

78 by _untitled »»
Aug 4, 3:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.