Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 20, 2021 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, it's interesting that they focused a lot more on Nicole this episode. He was a quiet guy that always seemed more in the background.

Really felt like they captured his more open personality through the otome-fantasy segments. He and Sophia also shared a character bond that is geninuely charming.
Aug 20, 2021 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
Season 1's been missing some Nicol Ascart content (apart from him and Sophia's "feud" from that one episode), so it's great that Season 2 continues the trend.

The introvert that is Nicol Ascart, is getting recommended for matchmaking??? That's a huge undertaking that's tradition for nobles, and Raphael can only advise him. Too bad that he can't chase after Catarina, whcih Geordo has already claimed her. If he is to get engaged, he MUST come out of his shell to face potential brides, but in all of this thinking, he can't help but relate to Catarina for everything in his life...there's just no equal for a Catarina imitation to be found within other girls. Sophia recommending a novel about stolen love, that's as far as her thinking goes from thei family history.

Ooh, Fray has met Nicol, and these two are like kindred spirits being forced into matchmaking marriage and just relenting about it. Sharing his love for Catarina to Fray in the atmopshere of reconsideration, and Sophia's behind-the-scenes work has all but filled every etch of this young dashing man's fibres. Still though, this opens up yet another chapter of Nicol's life.

Can we just already thrust the fact that Everybody Loves Catarina? All the boys and girls just simply love and adore this fun character. So what now, will Nicol one day bridesnap Catarina from Geordo's hands? That would be Family Feud levels of reality!
Aug 20, 2021 11:17 AM

Apr 2014
The sunset scenes when Nicol was talking with Frey and when Frey was walking back home with Ginger were very beautiful.
In the end, everybody Loves Catarina even the minor characters. 😆
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 20, 2021 11:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty interesting episode on Nicol, he sure needs more self confidence and "keep loving Katarina" maybe he still has some chances xD
Aug 20, 2021 11:36 AM

Jun 2019
So... Nicole can't accept his feelings enough to go and ask Katarina out. Pretty understandable from his point of view. So, he goes on with the arranged marriage. Not a single woman was worth enough that made him feel different until the last girl, who made him understand his feelings for Katarina. I honestly really liked her as well. I hope we get to see more of her in the future.

But who doesn't love Katarina? Every boy and girl in this show is in love with Katarina which is no surprise, so do we. Another great episode.
Aug 20, 2021 11:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Everyone loves Catarina xD. Frey and Nicole's meeting and conversation was really nice, loved some of the background shots in particular to compliment the dialogue.

Nicole's father snatching away someone else's bride, no wonder how he seems so laid-back. That was a nice touch.

Who's that in the end, I wonder.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 20, 2021 11:47 AM

Apr 2020
Wow, this episode was beautiful.
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Aug 20, 2021 11:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a marriage meeting for Nicol huh. I guess no matter which world you're in succession among noble houses is a ever present matter. Looks like Ginger's one thats wary of Catarina. I guess when compared to hard working people like her Cat will be someone that she normally wouldn't be able to interact with. Nicols first potential partner was way too timid. But Nicols lingering feelings for Catarina really made it tough for him to find someone new. Still of all of them Frey was probably the best out of them. It was impressive that she was able to deduce Nicol's state of mind. Their little walk though was pretty nice. Plus her determination to live her life free from social expectations is pretty admirable. That scene at the flower fields though really was pretty. Overall a relatively calm ep that focused on expanding Nicol as a character while also introducing the characters of Frey and Ginger who while not part of Catarina's circle were nonetheless one's that were inspired greatly by her actions. Always nice to see new characters appear though a odd time to put them in though. Still it was enjoyable seeing what people thats not part of the circle think of her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2021 12:01 PM
Sep 2015
The animation quality is too good for anime like Hamefura.
Aug 20, 2021 12:35 PM
Oct 2016
A Nicol focused episode huh, not what I was expecting. Hes definitely the most reserved of our group of main characters so this bit of introspection from him is nice to see. He's starting to feel the weight of familial responsibilities regarding seeking a bride. But of course we know he loves Catarina too much to be able to take a different bride than her. Seeing those other marriage candidates only cemented his feelings for her. Until the meeting with Frey. Whom I genuinely think Nicol had a decent connection with, they seemed to reach an understanding about each others feelings. Frey wanting to pursue her own goals not what the nobility thinks is right for her. Catarina herself was mostly in the background this episode but still added another member to her harem with that Ginger girl. She's definitely a tsundere like Catarina said. But now after some laidback episodes we've got a new threat in that end credits scene!
Aug 20, 2021 12:53 PM

Jan 2021
i find it hilarious that almost everyone is in love with Catarina XD. And that she’s also clueless about it too!!
And anyways I’m so glad that they focused on Nicol in this episode.
He’s one of my top favorites in this show.
But I’m so glad that he didn’t end up giving up at the end.
I just hope he’s end game. Even though I know I shouldn’t have hope. Since we all know who’s end game.
Aug 20, 2021 1:01 PM
May 2021
I’m glad Nicol got the spotlight and character development he finally deserved.
Aug 20, 2021 1:10 PM

Apr 2010
It was nice episode. But I totally want Frey and Nicol together, they have a nice chemistry, something that Nicol hardly has with Cataina. With Frey it's a duat, with Catarina, they both have solos (couldn't think of a better way to descrive)

Aug 20, 2021 1:33 PM

Nov 2019
It was nice going through an introvert's perspective for once. Nicol might have become the second favorite male character after Alan. This episode he was going through wife candidates, until the husband candidate showed up. Some nice conversation in infinite flower works.

All flags, even imouto and daddy history supports him to chase Cat. I dunno how they'll do that because he has one of the least chemistry with her.

Something evil this way comes...
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 20, 2021 2:19 PM

Dec 2013
What a lovely episode, a well needed spotlight for Nicol and loved the new girls Frey and Ginger. I would 100% support a Nicol x Frey relationship.
Aug 20, 2021 2:27 PM

Jul 2017
This season's still feeling generally filler-ish compared to the first one, but I felt that this was an alright episode. A significant improvement from last week's lazy episode, and it was refreshing seeing Nicol be the focus of this episode as well as interacting with fresh faces cast wise rather than the same old people the audience is used to, since new, unbiased perspectives like Frey's really could help motivate him to go for Catarina more proactively without much barriers unlike someone in the main clique, who's already into Catarina in the first place.
Aug 20, 2021 2:55 PM
Apr 2016
The art and direction this episode are just so good. I can't overstate how beautiful some scenes are.
Aug 20, 2021 3:26 PM

Nov 2017
Frey and Nicol are like the most obvious ship ever lmao

plz @ me
Aug 20, 2021 3:39 PM

Sep 2007
Wow. Really liked that episode. Normally its hard to figure out what Nicole is thinking so being able to hear his inner monologues this episode was a nice "peek" at his heart.

I'm starting to feel like Catarina is getting borderline too idealistic though? Seriously how is she so easily able to make everyone "fall for her" so-to-speak....but have almost no self-awareness of romance directed at her? Hrmmmmm....it's like a teeny tiny bud of frustration sprouting on my part? I'm not sure....

edit: Ehhh....that "new person" after the credits just screams "dark magic" ....didn't last season end with dark magic-related arc? dejavu?
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 20, 2021 3:42 PM
Aug 2013
_Alleria_ said:
The art and direction this episode are just so good. I can't overstate how beautiful some scenes are.

I know right!! the backgrounds are beautiful, and the cut compositions are amazing. incredible how they position the characters in the frame, or how they fit the characters to the background. eg waterfall over their faces
Aug 20, 2021 3:47 PM

Sep 2018
Great episode this week, especially because there's no lil bitch Keith in it either. Obvious ship is obvious.

Kind of getting over Catarina and her "dumber than a rock", chirpy personality though. I get it, she likes to eat and grow her veggies. That's literally all she is right now.
Aug 20, 2021 3:56 PM

Apr 2010
Aesthetic in this episode is everything!!! Best quality !
Forever hold this heart that I will give to you
Forever I will live for you
Aug 20, 2021 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
Nicol with an episode more focused on him, He always has his quiet way, but the episode had a great presentation of the Nicol events.
Aug 20, 2021 4:19 PM

Apr 2015
Nice focus on Nicole this episode. Despite all the marriage proposals cause of how popular he is, all he could think about was Catarina. I think Frey would have been a nice marriage candidate, even though Frey herself doesn't want to get married. If anything this is the most obvious ship. They hit it off pretty darn good and the background arts that have been used in their scenes were just gorgeous. Simply fantastic.

Another suspicious woman enters the story. More dark magic coming their way. Who's gonna get kidnapped now?!
Aug 20, 2021 4:19 PM
Nov 2019
The animation in this episode was really good, especially the garden scene. The show hadn't really focused on Nicole so this was an interesting change of pace. I think his dilemma is pretty interesting, about not wanting to pursue Catarina because she's engaged and trying to move on. I really like Frey as well.
Aug 20, 2021 5:03 PM

Jan 2019
Fray was a cool character, and I really liked the way she sounded. I'm going to have to look up her VA and see what other things she's been in.
Aug 20, 2021 6:43 PM

Nov 2011
So we're developing main characters in season 2...there's seriously no direction in this anime anymore...whats the main plot? I mean if this is what the show is now...then it's fine but it seems like next week we could get some interesting story.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 20, 2021 6:59 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, Nicole time, i believe. Its been a long time since this cold guy had a lone screen time. His story started out with the marriage status. Never expect him to care much about it and decided to arrange it with many proposals from every women possible, until he met Frey and talked heart-to-heart about the most important things to do. The sunset part indeed beautiful. I thought that somehow Nicole changed his mind and fell to Frey. But, lets save it for the future part shall we? Nicole's father story also hilarious. Really? Even the past noble had a gut to stole someone love. So there's always a chance, Nicole, fight for it!

In the end, everyone indeed pretty much loves the one and only Bakarina, same case with Ginger, the tsundere. Nothing could stop the charm of Catarina. Thats for sure. But, something might be goin to happen badly again when the end glimpsing some weird lady on those shady background. Who's that? Lets see next ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 20, 2021 7:11 PM

Oct 2020
What a nice episode we got today. I don't think Nicol will stay with Catarina so I hope he marries Frey. I really liked her.

Aug 20, 2021 8:05 PM

Apr 2015
Half way through "...women can tell when you're not interested..."

THEN WHAT WAS THE FIRST HALF ABOUT???????????

EDIT: WHAT WAS HIS WHOLE LIFE ABOUT???????????
BonkyTrollDollAug 20, 2021 8:13 PM
Aug 20, 2021 8:07 PM
Oct 2019
Frey X Nicol

The ship that will never sail
Aug 20, 2021 8:26 PM

Jan 2013
This new girl Frey is really nice, hope she will appear more later. Since not all of them can end with Catarina, would be great if she became his future pair, i do kinda ship them now lmao
There's simply too many people that love Catarina.

The next episode seems like something bad is finally coming, can't wait!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 20, 2021 8:32 PM
Jul 2021
today episode is really good now we have deep character development for nicol x frey a future girl friend / wife ?, also new girl ginger for catarina harems.
RedCobra75Aug 20, 2021 9:01 PM
Aug 20, 2021 8:41 PM

Sep 2020
The new girl should end up with Nicol
Aug 20, 2021 8:41 PM
Jul 2021
SoraSenpai said:
So we're developing main characters in season 2...there's seriously no direction in this anime anymore...whats the main plot? I mean if this is what the show is now...then it's fine but it seems like next week we could get some interesting story.

dont worry

the main plot will start kicking with a bang main villain appear, well all this filler character develoment arc episode because.........the LN is short literally very very short than any other LN.

you can finish all 10 volume just with 2 or 3 days.

2 novel book not even make 12 episode, 2 novel equal 6 or 7 episode.

next episode is the main arc story.
RedCobra75Aug 20, 2021 9:00 PM
Aug 20, 2021 8:50 PM

Mar 2016
Steal the girl!!!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 20, 2021 9:49 PM

Feb 2014
Fray X Nicol. A new ship in the making I'd say. She understands him better than anyone even though they just met. I really loved their walk at the sunset. Felt something out of a nostalgic memoria. Nicol should just settle his heart on her for she will wait for him until his heart is back with him.

BTW Nicol's father stole someone's fiance eh? No wonder it runs in the family.XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 20, 2021 9:49 PM

Aug 2019
Really nice Nicol focused episode. Nicol trying to escape the Catarina harem by opening himself up for marriage, but if only leaving Catarina's harem was as simple as that.
Fray's talk with Nicol was nice, animation was really well done in some scenes and their overall talks carried a nice message.

Sophia breaks to Nicol about their parent's marriage, and damn Nicol might have the looks, but his dad apparently was pure determination and chad energy. Became the prime minister and stole their mother away from the man she was engaged to.

And just like that, another one falls into the Catarina harem. Ginger, here's your ticket, please wait in line like everyone else and no pushing.
Aug 20, 2021 11:18 PM

Jul 2016
Dude... where was Frey all this time? I barely remember her yet she's probably one of the best written characters in this standard fantasy harem series. I love her so much already ♥

Awesome episode and probably the best directed one in terms of scene composition and the like. Nicol's mindset and heart were explored in such an interesting way (was being about time!) and the sunset scene between him and Frey looked simply magnificent.

And also, WELCOME, GINGER! Another one who joins the harem without even noticing lol.
Aug 21, 2021 1:05 AM
Aug 2020
The prime minister's dedication is impressive. in my opinion, Nicol had a lot more chemistry with Frey than Katarina but it'd be nice to see an episode with more nicol x katarina moments with his inner thoughts. in the past few episodes he seemed blank faced when others were getting riled up soo
Aug 21, 2021 1:24 AM

May 2014
Coming from the last week episode I didn't expect this being maybe one of the best episode in the serie overall, especially focusing on Nicol. The level of characterization and exploration into his mindset were very well portrayed. Writing and direction were on point too. This serie can be impressive when characters' personalities are not fully concentrated on Katarina.

Also, it was chilling to see how his father is so comprehensive about his situation, telling him to don't rush and put all the family weight on his shoulders. Coming from a nobleman is very weird. Nicol and Sophia are very lucky to have been born in that family.

SouthRzVa said:
Dude... where was Frey all this time? I barely remember her yet she's probably one of the best written characters in this standard fantasy harem series. I love her so much already ♥

And this. Best Waifu indeed. In half chapter she showed more personality and writing level than any other female character, including Katarina. And duuude, she and Nicol had a lot of chemistry. I hope that in the end they become a couple, maybe not in love, but with a mutual respect and appreciation like Alan and Mary.
Rhapsody-Aug 21, 2021 1:35 AM
Aug 21, 2021 1:48 AM

Aug 2020
It's good that they're giving a whole episode for Nicol to sort out his true feelings for Catarina :">
[/url]
Aug 21, 2021 2:25 AM

Jun 2019
Now that we know the backstory of the love story of Nicol's parents, I want him to do the same thing and snatch Catarina away from Geordo.

I am also lowkey shipping Frey and Ginger but at the same time want Nicol and Frey to fall in love. Kinda complicate here :<
Aug 21, 2021 2:48 AM

Aug 2013
This was a really beautiful episode! Nice to have some focus on Nicol since I always wondered how he'll be popping in since he's graduated and all.

I know everyone loves Bakarina but pleeeaaase Nicol and Frey look so good together. Hoping they do end up at some point. Frey seems to be a good catch though that ending kinda hinted at something else. Heh
Aug 21, 2021 3:34 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, that was actually a really beautiful episode. Great episode! Sophia teaching Nicol how to NTR was pretty hilarious lmao, but hey it runs in the family though. I really like Frey and Ginger, Frey's talk with Nicol was really great and Ginger is the tsundere we need, I hope we see more of them and hope they get into the magic academy. Nicol's dad is a pretty great father and he legally stole someone else's fiancé by proving to his wife's father that he was a chad lmao. Looks like next episode will be the start of the p l o t, looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 21, 2021 5:57 AM

May 2015
the best from every episode so far nicole and frey honest about them feeling
Aug 21, 2021 10:46 AM
Aug 2020
Well, seems like Nicol sorted out his feelings and got cheered up. Also quite interesting how Catarina had made strong bonds everywhere she went! This episode was quite beautiful with that flower garden scene! It truly warmed up my heart!
Aug 21, 2021 1:10 PM

May 2016
Wouldn't bother me in the least if they shoved Bakarina in a corner, and made the rest of the series about Frey. She was awesome in this ep, easily best girl to me.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Aug 21, 2021 2:28 PM

Feb 2014
It was about time Nicol had an episode dedicated to himself and this was, arguably, the best episode of this second season so far.

Considering how popular he is with the ladies, I'm not surprised that he got a huge amount of arranged marriage meetings, although his father is completely chill with Nicol taking his time with it instead of rushing into marriage for the sake of it.

That's when Frey came in as the last candidate of the list, but only because her parents insisted that she took part. What she really wants is to work where she wants to work without her nobility holding her back and she looks up to Catarina as a big inspiration for her goal. Her advice towards Nicol during their meeting was so spot on that, honestly, these two should just get together, as their chemistry was excellent. =)

Not only was their scene together great, but I was seriously impressed with the quality put into the visuals and the scene composition. I especially loved the sunset background when Frey and Nicol were talking while in the flowery garden. Marvelous job, Silver Link! ^_^
Aug 21, 2021 3:01 PM

Feb 2016
Nicol x Catarina were my favourite ship before this episode but I think that Frey is actually really good for him. I feel its a first to see him so comfortable with talking to someone apart from Catarina, Sofia and Raphael... I really like the idea of Frey ending up with him.

"ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴢᴇʀᴏ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ
ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ."
- ᴠᴀɴɪᴛᴀꜱ
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2021

61 by removed-user »»
Jul 18, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

108 by To-oku »»
Jul 11, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2021

89 by removed-user »»
Jun 21, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

67 by removed-user »»
Jun 21, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

74 by removed-user »»
Jun 21, 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.