Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2022 3:29 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, it's been awhile, or more like 40 years in this show's timeline. Fushi is lonely but also bears the responsibility to take care of those Knockers.

Coming back into this show, it really gave me the survival feel following Fushi's adventures again. Animation quality still remains fresh while retaining the mood of the anime as I remember. Glad to see this anime back!
Oct 23, 2022 3:30 AM

Jul 2017
Season 2's restart brings the charm of Season 1 back to life again with almost everything intact, except with a new director (Amanchu! Advance's Kiyoko Sayama) and a new studio (Drive).

Once again, Hikaru Utada's repeat OP song is ONE MASSIVE SPOILER (like it should be), and it shouldn't be surprising at this stage. Masashi Hamauzu's instrumental ED doesn't hit the way quite like Season 1's ED, what a bummer.

Season 2 continuing into the start of Volume 7 a.k.a Season 2, the relatively short Guardians arc of the manga, Fushi has grown 40 years after Pioran's death, and converted himself to as many lifeforms as it possibly can to understand more of the world, more than just fighting against the increasingly powerful Nokkers with the Beholder providing notices to him.

The Guardians wth Hayase's 9-year-old granddaughter Hisame looking for Fushi after she was declared dead, they are tasked with supporting the shapeshifter, day in, day out, not realizing that the Nokkers can attack at any time. Fortunately, Fushi managed to locate the Nokker, which surprisingly lives within Hisame's body and fuelling from her blood, as Hayase's reincarnation with "fye", the equivalent to humans' "soul" or "spirit", the energy required to move the vessel. In this case, Hisame is the "fye".

Going to the city that was attacked by the Nokkers, and the outcome gets worse with each passing day. Some doctors encounter Fushi, and treat him to a meal while Hisame and the doctors debate about Fushi and his relation to the Nokkers. Déjà vu strikes again with the Western morning glory, and her identity becomes more pronounced when facing aganst oppressors, and Tonari of Jananda reappears for a change.

Sadly, studio Drive's production seems less organic than Brain's Base, but we'll see what lies ahead.
KANLen09Oct 23, 2022 7:00 AM
Oct 23, 2022 3:52 AM
Apr 2021
KANLen09 said:
Season 2's restart with Fushi being the middle-aged person, that feels different.

Sadly, studio Drive's production feels less organic than Brain's Base, but we'll see what lies ahead.
its almost the same staff from s1 just change of studio
Oct 23, 2022 4:04 AM

Feb 2020
Fushi's not a baby-faced boy anymore.

Tonari is still the best girl of the show.

Hoping for a decent season.

SerafosOct 23, 2022 7:28 AM
Oct 23, 2022 4:19 AM

Jan 2021
That was a really intriguing first episode, I'm glad everything seems to be good on the pacing side as I really like the arcs that are to come, production is around the same and that's just a plus to me.

Fushi is back on his lonely journey towards his next destination of despair with a new face into the mix...the overall feel of the episode has definitely stayed consistent and I am all for that.

The team working on this put a lot of effort into this and I can't wait to see next weeks episode.
Oct 23, 2022 4:26 AM

Nov 2010
  • As Fushi says, his intelligence matches his container / body. So, he seemed like an adult in this episode.
  • The best scene was he was pleased with Hayase's death from the bottom of his heart. All the experiences she brought to him must have given him such a trauma that hasn't been mitigated even through 40 years of time.
Oct 23, 2022 4:34 AM
Aug 2021
it is finally here and I thoroughly enjoyed it, plot twist though. didn't see that coming
Oct 23, 2022 4:44 AM

Nov 2016
Solid start, feels good to have this back.

Tonari is still there after all these years and she enhanced her poison resistance to peak levels. Even Hayase is there...oh it's just her granddaughter. When you're so obsessed that you have plenty to spare and pass on. I was so disappointed that Hayase was killed off, would've liked to see more of her, but this works.

Didn't expect to hear Pink Blood again. Well, the visuals were adjusted to the upcoming arcs. I went ahead and read the manga, so I'm pretty hyped for this seasons content.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 2022 5:29 AM
Dec 2020
Where's the episode I don't see it?? I'm gonna cry
Oct 23, 2022 6:10 AM

May 2015
I'm suprised that they used the same OP song in this season. Not that it's bad or something, but I expected different piece.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 23, 2022 6:15 AM
Jul 2020
yay more emotional damage :D
Oct 23, 2022 6:21 AM
Apr 2018
So glad they kept PINK BLOOD for the op.
Oct 23, 2022 6:35 AM

Jul 2011
Hisame can say whatever she wants, Fushi have all and more right, to celebrate Hayase death.

Just like the second arc of the first season. Now I really want Fushi knocking out Hisame and killing her pet Nokker.

Looking at the ED we already have a list of deaths for this season.
Oct 23, 2022 6:38 AM
Jun 2021
It was pretty good
Oct 23, 2022 6:42 AM

Jul 2020
Really great reintroduction episode. 40 years have passed and while a lot has changed, there is also still plenty of familiarity too. One such example being the opening, which is nice to hear again (though I do somewhat wish we got another new opening to match Pink Blood's greatness). Looks like we will be continuing to focus on the characters from the last arc of season 1 for now, or at least their descendants/reincarnation. Also the studio change didn't seem to have any detrimental effect so far which is nice. Looking forward to more episodes!
Oct 23, 2022 6:52 AM

Sep 2019
That was a fantastic and intriguing first EP. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Surprised they kept the first OP.
Oct 23, 2022 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
I don't even know how to process this entire Hayase/Hisame-thing, it takes the whole concept of 'sins of a mother/father/grandmother/' etc to a whole another level. 🤯 Naturally one could argue that Hisame is an isolated and totally innocent aspect within the larger picture of a chaotic situation but at the same time it's understandable if no one would want to touch anything Hayase-related even with a 500 yard stick.

Meanwhile Tonari with the Tonari antics. 😆
Oct 23, 2022 7:03 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
FUshi is back as an adult and Hayase is as well... sort of, but by being reincarnated into her own grandaoughter. Tonari is also back, now with medical knowledge and a conflict with the guardians involving Fushi.

Off to a good start.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 23, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
TONARI IS BACK!!!! YOOO Let's go!!! Guess Hayase's will does live on in Hisame after all.

Great episode
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 23, 2022 7:30 AM

Feb 2021
Ah and it's finally back.

Same OP song as season 1 for some reason, and from the OP I can see that they will adapt quite far into the story as I predicted.

The epiosde was pretty much just like the manga, with Fushi explaining that he was living in the sea in the past few years and then he meets Hisame which is Hayase's grandaughter.
After that they meet Tonari and that other kid from the island, but this time Tonari is like 50 years old.

Anyways, despite the new studio, the animation wasn't bad and overall it's pretty much the same as S1 which makes sense since they both have the same staff.
Oct 23, 2022 7:40 AM

Aug 2014
A fantastic first episode. Great to see more of Fumetsu tho I'm not sure I'm ready to cry again. Judging by the first episode, looks like we are in for a treat.
Hayase's grand daughter is adorable and YES, we get to see Tonari again.
Great op and ending is nice but looks the ending specially feels very spoilery if the preview of the next episode is anything to look by.

Avoid the OP and ED

Also, the narrator can finally move his mouth! That's weird.
RPWPAOct 23, 2022 7:47 AM
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 23, 2022 7:45 AM

Sep 2018
As much as I'm glad to see this come back, this first episode felt ridiculously fast-paced. A village gets attacked, Fushi spends forty whole years on his own on an island, Hayase's granddaughter Hisame and a whole new faction are introduced, it's revealed that Hisame has a Nokker in her arm, the concept of Fye is introduced, the entire journey to the village is completed, and then Tonari makes her return, all within the space of a single episode. It almost felt as if nothing had time to breathe.
OweynLuptonMar 6, 2023 4:13 PM
Oct 23, 2022 7:49 AM

Jun 2014
It was a pleasant and unexpected surprise to hear Pink Blood again, and it's great to have TYE back.

We got a 40 year timeskip but some familiar names popped up, like Hayase (via her granddaughter) and even Tonari came back. I didn't rewatch season 1 but I knew that woman seemed familiar.

Already off to a good start, can't wait to see more of Fushi's journey.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 23, 2022 7:50 AM
Jan 2020
The pacing and the direction is just seriously off, knew this changing studio will be bad
Oct 23, 2022 8:03 AM
Dec 2020
I keep saying but Hayase's reincarnations need to die
Oct 23, 2022 8:13 AM

May 2015
I like Pink Blood but I wish they changed the song.
Oct 23, 2022 8:30 AM
Jul 2016
This episode feels cheaper than the first season. However, since it is still based on the manga, I think a lot of the qualities of the manga will shine through.

BTW, they did cut some stuff (arguably for the better tbh, I don't need the scene where Fushi and Hisame sleep next to each other because they have no understanding of human reproduction). I also think Fushi refused to shape-shift for a couple decades (his body naturally aged when he didn't shapeshift). They cut that out.

Fushi makes for a funny middle-aged man. He's walking around shirtless. He's turning into fish. He refuses to eat fish, but will happily eat Nokker jerky. He doesn't bathe. He's mean to children. He's the ancient equivalent of a hikikomori lmaooooo.

The episode likely makes no sense to anime-onlys, so read manga chapters 55 onwards.

Edit:reread chapters 55-57. The anime accurately recreates most of the manga. Except, the part where Fushi feels guilty about using his friends' dead bodies to survive. So he decides to stay as his white-haired form and develop his own skills. Also I misremembered the scene where Fushi and Hisame sleep next to each other to reproduce, that comes up later in the manga.
erikkamirsOct 23, 2022 8:53 AM
Oct 23, 2022 8:33 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Heh oped filled in another dang visual again lmao. Still loving the theme song tho. The decision. Its serve right for the immortal theme, kinda, IMO. The first episode already contain interesting encounter, moreover with the obvious reunion with the old character. One evil side, Hayase and her reincarnation shit served their true color right at this first episode already. And for another opposite side, Jananda no Tonari, that had a pleasure to live a long life, arrived too preparing such a dejavu clash with those creepy kid. Oh wow. Nice start. At the end, 40 years for Fushi. Then one year since the first season aired. Not so long time at all, eh?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 23, 2022 8:38 AM
Sep 2015
LOL leave it to Fushi to falling for the same trick over and over again. Fushi finally get a fame he deserve for so long for being God's messenger. Ken Tsuda voicing God still seems surreal to me.
Nokkers are just too smart, in most of them raid the whole village to lure Fushi out, while one part is living, dare I say, adapting, inside Hayase's bloodline. It's evolving so fast just like virus.
Meanwhile Fushi waste 40 years on the island. I know he try to isolate himself so that Nokkers won't hurt people but he should train a lot instead of living under the ocean LOL. I'm wondering if, since Fushi is immortal, will the story continue until present day? Like Fushi is in the middle of Shibuya cross road or something?
phantomfandomOct 23, 2022 8:43 AM
Oct 23, 2022 8:54 AM

Sep 2007
Wow...I knew she sounded like she knew a little bit too much about Fushi's past...there's no way "The Guardians" would have been that detailed 'retelling' the past incidents w/ Fushi.....that just seemed so unbelievable.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeNov 6, 2022 5:39 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Oct 23, 2022 8:58 AM
Aug 2021
great art and nice animation
Oct 23, 2022 9:02 AM
Mar 2021
Finally after over a year the greatest masterpiece returns
Looking forward to yet another amazing season
Oct 23, 2022 9:27 AM
Oct 2020
Man Hayase's entire blood line is cursed.
Oct 23, 2022 9:27 AM
Aug 2022
Ah love this, so glad its back <3
Oct 23, 2022 9:40 AM
Feb 2021
one of the most anticipated anime this year.
Oct 23, 2022 9:57 AM

Apr 2018
I've already read the manga and season 2 will be the BEST of FnA. It'll fall off later in my opinion, so I'll enjoy this to the fullest. Fushi's a completely different boy now, he learn a lot during the 40-years timeskip.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 23, 2022 10:00 AM
Nov 2017
That character reveal
Oct 23, 2022 10:05 AM
Sep 2015
Amazing opening episode great to see this back.
Oct 23, 2022 10:06 AM

Oct 2022
Looks like it was 100% worth the wait.
Oct 23, 2022 10:19 AM

Mar 2007
KANLen09 said:
Season 2's restart brings the charm of Season 1 back to life again with almost everything intact, except with a new director (Amanchu! Advance's Kiyoko Sayama) and a new studio (Drive).

Once again, Hikaru Utada's repeat OP song is ONE MASSIVE SPOILER (like it should be), and it shouldn't be surprising at this stage. Masashi Hamauzu's instrumental ED doesn't hit the way quite like Season 1's ED, what a bummer.

Actually enjoyed Amanchu! Advance so this was done well.

Thanks for the reminder to skip the OP.

Oct 23, 2022 10:33 AM

Mar 2020
First of all, it definitely is a bit of a downgrade from Brain's Base's adaptation of Season 1, and that was expected. The main question I have is how the emotional stuff will be executed this time around, because Fushi as an adult just seems way less engaging so far.

As for the OP, I love Pink Blood, but you gotta have a new OP, even if it isn't as good in my opinion, that's a bit of a red flag on the budget and production of this season.

Overall, it's fine, and I hope they can rebound after the sub-par last arc of Season 1.
Oct 23, 2022 10:49 AM

Jan 2018
After more than a year after the first season, To Your Eternity returns with Season 2!
It definitely feels longer than a year of wait. Really missed Fushi and the others.

Hearing "Pink Blood" again certainly brought back a lot of memories. Pretty bold for them to reuse the Season 1 OP theme but with a new animation. But I guess the Season 1 OP was good enough that they didn't feel the need to change. The ED was instrumental again too.

So many things happened in this episode, and the pacing was fast. But as a season opener, it did its job by hooking me right from the get go. Looking forward to what happens next and what sort of tragedies will unfold. Older Fushi certainly feels wild. My boy has grown a lot.
Oct 23, 2022 10:55 AM
Mar 2015
40 years have not improved our bois situation
Oct 23, 2022 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
How many chapters did they skimmed thru.. God!
This felt a fast as fk paced episode.. Tho, I'm just happy that Fushi is back! Lets freaking gooo!

That Reveal of Tonari at the end.. HOLY SHIT! Never been so much happy..
The animation does feels like it has dipped in a bit.. But animation was never ever the strong point of To Your Eternity so its not that big of a problem..

anyways I'm just happy that its back..
Oct 23, 2022 11:02 AM

Oct 2017
Hayase's obsession is on another level. Hisame's cute but she's dangerous. Tonari became a badass in the timeskip and Fushi has grown too. Decent start to the season, let's see how things go this time.
Oct 23, 2022 11:08 AM

Aug 2018
erikkamirs said:
This episode feels cheaper than the first season. However, since it is still based on the manga, I think a lot of the qualities of the manga will shine through.

BTW, they did cut some stuff (arguably for the better tbh, I don't need the scene where Fushi and Hisame sleep next to each other because they have no understanding of human reproduction). I also think Fushi refused to shape-shift for a couple decades (his body naturally aged when he didn't shapeshift). They cut that out.

Fushi makes for a funny middle-aged man. He's walking around shirtless. He's turning into fish. He refuses to eat fish, but will happily eat Nokker jerky. He doesn't bathe. He's mean to children. He's the ancient equivalent of a hikikomori lmaooooo.

The episode likely makes no sense to anime-onlys, so read manga chapters 55 onwards.

Edit:reread chapters 55-57. The anime accurately recreates most of the manga. Except, the part where Fushi feels guilty about using his friends' dead bodies to survive. So he decides to stay as his white-haired form and develop his own skills. Also I misremembered the scene where Fushi and Hisame sleep next to each other to reproduce, that comes up later in the manga.
Manga readers and posting spoilers unprompted, name a more iconic duo
Oct 23, 2022 11:14 AM
Jan 2018
Tbh, expected way more people talking about the op. I mean the song was great from last season already.

But looking at this season's op, I'm already sorely disappointed. Imo most good anime I've seen has banger ops. I mean I'm not exactly a fan of chainsaw man from the manga but man, the op is a banger.

This season's op felt flat. No one else feel like they wasted first 10-15s on Fushi being in the ocean?

They also used the same flashing of images at the same point of season 1's op. But this time it was just a map? Although it might be inspired by last season, the execution feels meh. All in all, very disappointing op.

Maybe I'm too critical about the op. Or they hidden stuff like in season 1's op. Well time would tell. I also agree that the animation felt less organic. Though it's only first episode so let's let it ride
sibu12345Oct 23, 2022 11:20 AM
Oct 23, 2022 11:37 AM
Apr 2020
Finally back! I really love this series!
Oct 23, 2022 11:50 AM

Mar 2018
Ronninn said:
The pacing and the direction is just seriously off, knew this changing studio will be bad

yeah the pacing is quite bad, no breathing room in the dialogue what so ever, hopefully they're just getting into the swing of it and its just a first episode thing
Oct 23, 2022 12:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Interesting beginning for this new arc, they didn't even change the OP song though uh, but it's surprising to see Hayase's daughter with Hayase's soul still here even after her death and now Tonari grew up and became very resistant xD it feels weird to see her as an adult now
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

180 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Yesterday, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2022

99 by fathandz »»
Jun 1, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2022

101 by fathandz »»
May 31, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2023

109 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Feb 26, 2023

82 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.