Forum Settings
Forums

Anime with the Highest Emotional peaks FOR YOU?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 11, 2022 8:36 PM
Feb 2022
lelouch4britanni said:
Zokzon said:
It's like saying that demon slayer is better than berserk just because demon slayer has ending lol.It's always fun to read the comments of delusional Codegayass fans and you are doing a great job too.
here we go again, hunter x hunter fans and their exampled.
now you're comparing hxh to berserk.

anyway, for all code geass was it was better than gons aimless shenanigans
LOL do you even read what you write before you post. "Gon"s aimless shenanigans" Jesus Christ, did you even watch the show? Gon isn't even the main character all the time. But even then I will take those "shenanigans" over Lelouch's plans aka wet dream fantasy for edgy teens
ShuisBased2May 11, 2022 8:41 PM
May 11, 2022 9:33 PM

Jul 2021
ZXEAN said:

Edit : Anime with the Highest Emotional peaks for me : Attack on Titan

I'm a pretty stoic person but there were moments in AoT that made me tear up. They blend the perfect amounts of drama, sadness, and hype. Plus the soundtrack turns up at the right moment.

S3 P2 was the some of the best TV I have experienced.
May 11, 2022 9:46 PM

Jan 2020
Naruto/shippuden
Not even a competition for me
May 11, 2022 9:56 PM

Nov 2019
Rent a Girlfriend.

My brain begged for a boner, yet the dick, as well as the anime, refused. What a tragedy.
SgtBateManMay 11, 2022 10:10 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 11, 2022 10:18 PM

Apr 2020
After a lot of anime I've seen, Naruto is still the highest emotionally. The laughs, the excitement for fights, the sadness especially in pain arc, being proud of naruto, etc.

Gintama also possesses these but in terms of sadness and sentimentality, Naruto defeats it for me
May 11, 2022 11:44 PM

Mar 2021
lelouch4britanni said:
Zokzon said:
It's like saying that demon slayer is better than berserk just because demon slayer has ending lol.It's always fun to read the comments of delusional Codegayass fans and you are doing a great job too.
here we go again, hunter x hunter fans and their exampled.
now you're comparing hxh to berserk.

anyway, for all code geass was it was better than gons aimless shenanigans
You're the kind of guy that likes Mirrai Nikki probably
May 12, 2022 12:13 AM

Oct 2008
Domestic Na Kanojo - full of what I subjectively look for in all anime I watch.
May 12, 2022 12:39 AM

Nov 2018
Berserk (1997)

Watching the anime was the first time for me experiencing the story (read only the first volume before watching it), and it was such an emotional rollercoaster.

The bromance between Guts and Griffith, relationship between Guts and Casca,, the masterpiece of a theme that was playing in the background in key/emotional moments and meaningful dialogues were just so good and memorable. Everything felt so real, natural and emotional, that no wonder it is one of my favorite animes and mangas of all times.
And of course the ending (which I definitely won't spoil for the few who haven't watched/read it yet) was the peak of everything. Nobody can stay complacent after watching it.
serg90May 12, 2022 12:44 AM
May 12, 2022 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
Aria The Origination - Basically every episode that highlighted each of the undine's growth and developed relationship with their mentors.

Akage no Anne- The end with certain deaths that show amazing growth and candid depictions of grief.

Kotaro Lives Alone- Nearly every episode touched my heart and caused me to reflect on things. You'll know if you've seen the anime.

Barakamon- The scene where Handa visits the gravesite. Also the very end of the series where we see just how much the village and its people mean to Handa now.

Kemono no Souja Erin- The first time Erin and Lilan bond. Also, the times Erin deals with grief and loss.

May 12, 2022 1:00 AM

Jan 2022
Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal made me experience a myriad of emotions, the primary one being confusion.

May 12, 2022 1:27 AM

Jun 2019
There would be a significant, but notably not complete or identical overlap with my well-established favorites. What I mean is that I would select 15 series to be most representative of this for me. Some total and complete, extreme and obvious, whereas the last few on the list I had to internally debate a little longer and measure against some others. All series are on some form or another of my extended top favorites, but filling out around my Top 30, whereas I decline to include even some of my Top 5 and 10 on here because their appeal for me is more thought-provoking and otherwise artistically impressive and moving, but not viscerally and idiosyncratically, intrinsically emotionally so in the core of my brain and gut:

- Koi Kaze
- Inuyasha
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai
- Usagi Drop
- Elfen Lied
- Akage no Anne
- Happy Sugar Life
- Mahoutsukai no Yome
- Kodomo no Jikan
- Beatless
- Aku no Hana
- Aishiteruze Baby
- Shiki
- Hanasaku Iroha
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Top 5 would be:

1.) Koi Kaze

2.) Inuyasha

3.) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai

4.) Mahoutsukai no Yome

(**NOTE** - It is possible #s 3 and 4 could potentially reverse one day if Mahoutsukai no Yome is ever completed as a full-fledged, whole, and indivisible series)

5.) Elfen Lied
WatchTillTandavaMay 12, 2022 1:31 AM
May 23, 2022 2:15 PM

Oct 2018
kizumi91 said:
BlueEmbers said:
NGNL Zero/The movie had a fantastic climax - great action, animation, music, solid characters, solid plot. *Mwah* ๐Ÿ‘Œ

I don't agree with the phrase "solid characters, solid plot", NGNL Zero deteriorated by its terrible pacing and threw away a heap of details from original source

TBH its usually the typical, "the book is better than the show", but a small manga publisher can come up with NGNL on a budget. A fullscale animation staff is dramatically more expensive, so some nuance of the source material needs to be dropped for the sake of money. What can be made up for lost substance is the animation and music, which it certainly did. I can forgive that as long as it doesn't seriously undermine the plot or characters. It's not Evangelion but it doesn't try or want to be either. My two cents.
"I am sure that you out of all people could never understand the feelings of someone who doesn't know what it feels like to make an effort." - Nanami, Katanagari
May 23, 2022 3:03 PM

Oct 2011
Clannad and Fairy Tail when I was still new to anime, but nothing took me on an emotional Rollercoaster and its peak the most than One Piece.
May 23, 2022 3:07 PM

Apr 2020
Gintama made me feel every single emotion in an episode, another one is assassination classroom so iconic and the ending gave me a warm feeling but cried so much there are countless other animes that made me feel emotional but these are the anime that made me feel multiple
May 23, 2022 3:30 PM

Feb 2017
Alcoholicide said:
The biggest rollercoaster of emotions for me was definitely Ie Naki Ko. It starts out super depressing, then slowly becomes really fun and happy for a while, then even more depressing than at the beginning and then it ends on a really optimistic note again that perfectly fits the show. Most emotional rides tend to veer more towards the sad feels but in Ie Kai Ko both the sad and happy scenes strenghtened the impact of the other and I've never seen another anime pull it off this seamlessly and have both top 3 happiest and top 3 saddest moment of all time in the same show. During the sad scenes I was silently weeping, during the high times I was jumping with joy in front of the screen. It's one of the reasons that anime will always have a special place in my heart.

Finished Ie Naki Ko just today and I don't think I will forget that journey ever. It's really a truly wonderful anime, especially for these reasons you described. So I guess this is also my answer to this thread.
May 23, 2022 3:49 PM

Sep 2010
BlueEmbers said:
NGNL Zero/The movie had a fantastic climax - great action, animation, music, solid characters, solid plot. *Mwah* ๐Ÿ‘Œ

This.

Also Madoka Magica, biggest damn roller coaster of emotions you can get.
May 23, 2022 3:53 PM

Jul 2021
I suppose it's a little cliché to just say Violet Evergarden huh?
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 23, 2022 4:09 PM
Jun 2020
Re:zero is easily the one that makes me feel the most
May 23, 2022 4:42 PM

Jul 2014
Ping Pong: The Animation and Legend of the Galactic Heroes are definitely up there. Same with both versions of Full Metal Alchemist.
Take care of yourself

May 23, 2022 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
Demon Slayers
The incredible amount of creativity with the absolutely stunning orchestral soundtracks that are shit on by the BEAUTIFUL story of Tanjiro getting strong because of nakama powers.
May 23, 2022 6:24 PM

Jan 2020
The first two seasons of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni were a rollercoaster of joy, sadness, frustration, anger, confusion, laughter, psychothic laughter, adorableness, atonishment, hatred for the humanity, distrust, hope, despair, fear, and even boredom if you count the OVA.

MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
May 23, 2022 6:25 PM

May 2021
Gintama and Diamond no Ace for me. Both are on the same level of emotions. Wait, I think Diamond no Ace > Gintama in this matter. The emotions in DnA are just made different.

๐‘‡๐ผ๐‘ƒ๐‘† ๐ผ๐‘ ๐บ๐ผ๐‘๐‘‡๐ด๐‘€๐ด
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

May 23, 2022 6:35 PM

Jan 2021
Final Valley and Marineford is the first two that comes to mind for me.

Something about seeing these characters for so many episodes just makes it much more emotional than most of these "crybait" titles :)
May 23, 2022 7:25 PM

Dec 2020
I'll name several in different aspects:
(I prob misinterpreted this comment, but idk)

-Angel Beats + Carnival Phantasm + Nichijou: GENUINE DELIGHT
Out of all the entries in my list, not counting Ghost Stories dub (since that's more just the VAs just dicking around), I have never had genuine laughter come out of me except for these 3. It just renewed something within my expectations for the genre.

-NANA + Fruits Basket: DRAMA & ROMANCE = DEPRESSION & HOPEFULNESS
While both series know how to do tonal switches expertly (especially NANA) and I felt a whole range of emotions watching both shows, the factor that really stood out for me with these two was the juxtaposition between the heavy drama aspects (more so NANA) and the wholesome romance. It was the build-up knowing that things can't stay perfect like this, and lamenting the inevitable conflict. They get you that invested into the narrative, to the point I'll be bawling my eyes out severely times while watching either.

-The entirety of the Monogatari series: CONFUSION
I've never felt more confused while watching anything, for that matter. The random element this series had but the pieces falling into place afterwards, is something else entirely. Never knew what I was getting while watching/reading.

-Steins;Gate: SHOCK
The plot twists dropped in Episode 12-23 are just something else. I remember watching Episode 12 for the first time, lying in bed half-awake, only to jolt back to consciousness and think to myself for 10 minutes what just happened. It maintains that feeling for the entirety of its run. Even on my 11th re-watch, I still have moments of disbelief.

TL;DR
-I laughed a lot
-I cried a lot
-I was confused a lot
-I was shook a lot

btw If anybody has any "spooky" material, message me since I'm still trying to fear something.
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
(Ace Attorney T&T: Bridge to the Turnabout)
"I'm my worst critic." (Kendrick Lamar)
May 24, 2022 11:29 AM

Jun 2017
Aishiteruze Baby has many moments like this. The one that stuck out most to me is the arc with shouta, a classmate who's being abused at home.

Azumanga Daioh's graduation

Anohana's ending, the only anime to date to make me cry.

Marik Vs. Mai Valentine is the most pissed off i've been at an anime.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
May 24, 2022 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
- HXH
- Violet Evergarden
- A Silent Voice
- Banana Fish
- Kotarou lives alone
- Terror in Resonance
- Given

All of these have made me ugly sob
May 24, 2022 5:51 PM

Jul 2019
Fruits Basket is probably the easiest to point it. It was very consistent, but it always kept delivering. I genuinely miss this show, and I don't say that a lot.
May 24, 2022 5:55 PM

Sep 2019
most of them honestly, thats kinda what they are made for
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2022 6:38 PM

Jan 2022
Motivational anime makes my heart flutter, for example your lie in april and sports anime
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
May 24, 2022 6:57 PM

Feb 2014
MiA, yes, is sad, I cried a fucking lot during the last 3 episodes, but I was also very happy an anime could cause that reaction on me.
May 24, 2022 10:58 PM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
Grimgar when I watched it for the first time, it was very intense since even a normally weak monsters in other anime like goblin can be very dangerous even when ganked by several people.

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Jun 4, 2022 6:04 PM
Dec 2019
My favorite anime are those ones that have the highest emotional peaks for me, and elitists ruin it.
Jun 5, 2022 2:57 AM

Mar 2022
one piece, it has forged me has a person, so many good memories from and and even habits. i start tearing up thinking that it will end one day, that much emotionally connected.
monster, it has everything, just perfect, johan is my fav character in anime/manga.
given, this one has helped me irl by removing a part of my trauma, i have lost count how many times i watched its ep 9, just beautiful.

if we could add manga, then 3 days of happiness and oyasumi punpun too, just perfection, wont go too deep in it cuz this is an anime thread
Jun 5, 2022 3:20 AM

Mar 2020
Rezero when subaru tell rem how pathetic loser he is
It was reminding me myself เฒฅโ€ฟเฒฅ

Seiba Supremacy ๐Ÿ›
Jun 7, 2022 11:47 PM
Jan 2022
For me it’s Hunter x Hunter, Assassination Classroom, Violet Evergarden & I want to eat your pancreas.
Jun 7, 2022 11:56 PM

May 2020
hxh chimera arc took me on a rollercoaster of falling asleep from boredom to frustration that a 70 episode arc could be so empty in terms of plot
CickNipollaJun 8, 2022 12:00 AM
Jun 8, 2022 12:09 AM

Feb 2021
Definitely AOT, Koe no Katachi and The Tatami Galaxy. All of these are pretty darn close to me
โ—‘ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ–ฃ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ—
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
โ—‘ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ–ฃ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ—
Jun 8, 2022 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
Clannad, Assassination Classroom, Maison Ikkoku, but Touch above all of them.
Jun 9, 2022 12:51 AM

Oct 2008
I guess "Fruits Basket" (seasons 1, 2 and 3).
Jun 9, 2022 5:06 PM

Jun 2016
1. Aikatsu!
2. Gintama
3. Yorimoi
4. War in the Pocket
5. Maison Ikkoku

RedInfinity said:
1. Ojamajo doremi dokkaan (by far)
2. Aria the origination
3. Texhnolyze
4. Akage no Anne
5. Gundam War in the Pocket
6. Clannad after story
7. Maison Ikkoku
8. Fullmoon wo Sagashite
9. Grave of the fireflies
10. Gunbuster

The top ten in ascending order
Very nice list. I really have to pick up and finish Ojamajo Doremi.
Jun 9, 2022 5:12 PM

Dec 2017
Kill la kill climax got me tearing up. Pretty rare and definitely warranted a great rating from me. There is nothing that bumps a score up from an 8 to a 9, or a 9 to a 10 like such scenes.
Jun 9, 2022 5:31 PM
Oct 2015
If we are talking about tearjerkers then Fumetsu no Anata e is the master, had me shed some man tears several times. It really knows how to exploit my weak points.
Koe no Katachi also made me tear once or twice.
And I guess the end of Zankyou no Terror and the Mitty episode/s of Made In Abyss.
Jun 9, 2022 5:43 PM

Oct 2014
Edocchi said:
1. Aikatsu!
2. Gintama
3. Yorimoi
4. War in the Pocket
5. Maison Ikkoku

RedInfinity said:
1. Ojamajo doremi dokkaan (by far)
2. Aria the origination
3. Texhnolyze
4. Akage no Anne
5. Gundam War in the Pocket
6. Clannad after story
7. Maison Ikkoku
8. Fullmoon wo Sagashite
9. Grave of the fireflies
10. Gunbuster

The top ten in ascending order
Very nice list. I really have to pick up and finish Ojamajo Doremi.

I appreciate it! Ojamajo doremi has my highest level of recommendation for sure. I wrote a review on it a few years back which elaborates why that is. Do give it a read if you like!
Jun 9, 2022 5:48 PM

May 2022
The Toaru Series, the Sisters Arc was a legendary earthquake in the anime-landscape and its reverberation can be sensed untill this day
Jun 19, 2022 12:11 PM
Apr 2020
1. Shikioriori
2. Tenki no Ko
3. Kimi no Na wa.
4. Karigurashi no Arrietty
5. Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
6. Violet Evergarden
7. Giovanni no Shima
8. Made in Abyss
9. Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai
10. Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
11. Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song
12. Shingeki no Kyojin

In no particular order

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 19, 2022 12:27 PM
Jan 2021
Little busters especially Refrain
Jun 19, 2022 12:33 PM

Sep 2010
gochisousama said:
The Toaru Series, the Sisters Arc was a legendary earthquake in the anime-landscape and its reverberation can be sensed untill this day

I highly agree with this one but I still don't agree with your opinion on women.
Jun 19, 2022 12:43 PM

Mar 2021
Vinland Saga , Given , the Major S series , Mononoke Hime , Berserk 1997, Mo Dao Zu Shi , Ookiku Furikabutte , Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) and the Hajime no Ippo series
Jun 19, 2022 12:52 PM

Apr 2021
Definitely One Piece for me. This show has everything.
Jun 19, 2022 12:53 PM
Jan 2017
Pretty much everything in my favorites hit an emotional peak. The strongest are Your Lie in April and A Silent Voice, the emotional impact of those two have lasted years after finishing them. And whnever I revisit them, the same emotions come flooding back. I'd say these are the strongest because they're both stories about recovery and seeking happiness no matter what happens to you, and the sheer level of impact we have on one another's lives.

And, though it's a mess of a show, Naruto also hit some of the strongest emotional peaks I've ever felt. Every time I think about the fight near the end of the show between Kakashi and Obito I get overwhelming chills. So emotionally charged.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» As a 10+ year otaku veteran you' tend to watch less anime, but consume otaku related things through other means like manga, seiyuus, Pixiv, doujinshi, etc. I am right now at that phase.

KiraraFan - Yesterday

29 by KiraraFan »»
1 minute ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

61 by Saku33 »»
4 minutes ago

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 )

Deathlydash - Today

62 by Infernalization »»
6 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 6 hours ago

17 by Quadruple_Oi »»
17 minutes ago

» best instrumental op

deg - 10 hours ago

13 by KitsuFrost »»
24 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.