Forum Settings
Forums

Which animes do you wish never got a second season?

New
Jan 2, 2022 10:12 AM

Aug 2017
There are some animes so terrible that they do not deserve a second season at all, yet they get them. Which animes do you think should have never gotten a second season? I personally think Rent a Girlfriend should have never gotten one.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 2, 2022 10:15 AM

Jul 2016
Wait Rent a Girlfriend is getting a second season? My day has been substantially worsened.
Jan 2, 2022 10:17 AM
Feb 2021
Domestic girlfriend and arifureta they are the only two comes in my mind.
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Jan 2, 2022 10:19 AM

Mar 2016
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi or I don't have many friends.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jan 2, 2022 10:22 AM

Oct 2010
Dragon Ball ended when Goku married Chichi, what came next is an abomination
Jan 2, 2022 10:25 AM

Aug 2018
It's kinda petty to wish a sequel never happened just because I personally didn't like the original, but with that being said...

How the hell does crap like Overlord deserve multiple seasons? And Shield Hero got a s2 announcement almost immediately after s1 ended. Do you have any idea how long I waited for ReZero 2 to get announced? Say what you will about Re:Zero, it's still waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Shield Hero.

Even worse, Komi-san gets a season 2 but no Hitoribocchi? Really? It's NOT FAIR.
Jan 2, 2022 10:26 AM
Jun 2021
I liked rent a girlfriend because of mizuhara and i want that shit more.

I never wanted komi-san to get a 2nd season because that shit is repetitive and mid. No character development of any characters. Shallow supporting characters. No social message what so ever.
I personally think komi-san would have worked more in manga form than in anime form.
Please don't hate me for this.🙏
Jan 2, 2022 10:32 AM

May 2020
MHA getting sequel after sequel, with Noragami paying the price with its eternal slumber.
Jan 2, 2022 10:38 AM

Aug 2017
Shaghaf said:

I never wanted komi-san to get a 2nd season because that shit is repetitive and mid. No character development of any characters. Shallow supporting characters. No social message what so ever.
I personally think komi-san would have worked more in manga form than in anime form.
Bro did you just say you liked rent-a-gf and then proceeded to call komi-san the exact same things that rent-a-gf are? Holy shit your description for komi matches rent-a-gf word for word

Jan 2, 2022 10:38 AM

Apr 2018
So when's someone gonna say Yakusoku Neverland?
Jan 2, 2022 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
shivamrajput958 said:

wait but Domestic Girlfriend never got a second season...? I'm confused
Jan 2, 2022 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
Probably "Medaka Box."

The first season had decent comedy, although the final episodes screwed it up. The entire second season followed the formula of the first season's final episodes, which I didn't like, and to top it all off, the second season didn't even have a proper end.

Gainax was never capable of making a decent anime, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Jan 2, 2022 10:43 AM
Feb 2021
eli_shmeli said:
shivamrajput958 said:

if it's ever get one,it's going to be terrible.(actually it's not going to be happen anyway mangaka confirms that after 1 st season)

Jan 2, 2022 10:44 AM
Jun 2021
Remocracy said:
Shaghaf said:

Bro did you just say you liked rent-a-gf and then proceeded to call komi-san the exact same things that rent-a-gf are? Holy shit your description for komi matches rent-a-gf word for word
No bro. Rent a gf has many interesting characters. Mizuhara fucking far far better than komi-san. Rent a gf mc is terrible but relatable. I don't remember any thing remarkable done by tadano. Atleast kazuya saved mizuhara from drowning. Rent a gf offers variety of characters from fucking bitch mami-chan to shy sumi chan. And i personally enjoyed rent a gf more more more than komi san. So yeah they are not the same for me
Jan 2, 2022 10:45 AM

Mar 2021
Parataxicalis said:
So when's someone gonna say Yakusoku Neverland?

Yes!!! Promised Neverland Season 2 is probably the worst 2nd season of an anime I've ever seen.
Name me another anime that has a a similar drop in rating from 1st to 2nd season!
1st season was something like 8.7/10? 2nd season is 5.4/10. Yikes.
Jan 2, 2022 10:45 AM
Jan 2021
THE PROMISED NEVERLAND
Im still trying to forget about existence of 2nd season, but its just imposible
Jan 2, 2022 10:48 AM
Feb 2021
Remocracy said:
Shaghaf said:

yup that's what I am thinking lol.why are u giving rent a girlfriend summary in komi san,the only intresting character in the manga is mami chan,even ruka behaving like a bitch,mizuhara is just running away from kazuya,he grew some balls but now he mostly felt irrelevant to the story and the latest chapter when he got boner by imagine mizuhara fucking another guy is just shit,even doujin stories with ntr feels much better than rent a girlfriend.

Jan 2, 2022 10:49 AM

Mar 2021
Remocracy said:
Shaghaf said:

what simping for Chizuru does to an mf.😔
Jan 2, 2022 10:50 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
One Punch Man first season accomplished everything that it set out to do and ended in a satisfactory manner further continuation was unnecessary.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Jan 2, 2022 10:52 AM

Apr 2015
It isn't a second season, but that goddamn ova sequel to Mirai Nikki was just awful and ruined the ending of the TV show, which was the only thing I liked in it. Because it was bitter.
Jan 2, 2022 11:04 AM

Jun 2021
THE PROMISED NEVERLAND . the second season ruined the whole series for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2022 11:08 AM

Jul 2019
My Hero Academia and Sword Art Online.
Jan 2, 2022 11:12 AM
Jan 2020
Tokyo ghoul. First season wasn't the best thing ever but it was entertaining, second season is just a mess.
Jan 2, 2022 11:15 AM

Aug 2017
Shaghaf said:
Remocracy said:
No bro. Rent a gf has many interesting characters. Mizuhara fucking far far better than komi-san. Rent a gf mc is terrible but relatable. I don't remember any thing remarkable done by tadano. Atleast kazuya saved mizuhara from drowning. Rent a gf offers variety of characters from fucking bitch mami-chan to shy sumi chan. And i personally enjoyed rent a gf more more more than komi san. So yeah they are not the same for me
Bro if you can relate to the MC then you need to take a good long look at yourself

Jan 2, 2022 11:18 AM

Sep 2014
all your favourites, I suppose. because I don't like them they shouldn't get any sequels :)
Jan 2, 2022 11:56 AM

Jan 2020
Darker than Black

The first season is far from being terrible, but the second season is.
Great Pretender second half was also pretty bad.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jan 2, 2022 12:46 PM

Jul 2017
Promised Neverland in hindsight, only because it took a top 20 anime for me with the first season and demolished its spot to the ground with how putrid the sequel was handled.
Jan 2, 2022 12:49 PM

Aug 2009
Another opportunity to mention Highschool of the Dead, despite knowing why it will never happen.

Jan 2, 2022 1:06 PM
Dec 2013
Not really a second season but I wish that the 2001 Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Seisou-hen OVA was never made.
It's not canon yet people like it for some reason, which annoys me because it's not the true ending. The actual ending would later be adapted in the 2007 Rurouni Kenshin DVD-BOX Special Ending.
wildhoodJan 3, 2022 1:44 PM
Jan 2, 2022 1:08 PM

Nov 2021
Shaghaf said:

Well yeah, the source material is a manga. You could just read that instead.

And to everyone saying the Promised Neverland, yes I agree the second season was a terrible mistake, but that's only because of really bad decisions made within the adaption.
Had it been properly paced like season 1 instead of speedrunning through the entire manga so fast that several arcs got skipped entirely, it would probably have been received a lot better.
Although I hear the story as intended still has some issues regardless.
Jan 2, 2022 1:27 PM

Jun 2016
Overlord.

Forget the sequel, it never should have been adapted by madhouse in the first place. Char designs, art, animation, colors, music, cg, directing, scripts, everything and anything about the adaptation was garbage. Entire anime just piggy backs off the light novel.

Imo, Overlord was just as interesting if not more so than Mushoku and rezero. Adaptation just completely ruined it.

SAO 3, Manabu Ono was a clown. Toaru ... Index 3. Seven deadly sins 3. Promised Neverland 2.
Jan 2, 2022 5:11 PM

Aug 2017
FacelessVixen said:
Another opportunity to mention Highschool of the Dead, despite knowing why it will never happen.
It never got a season 2? This is about anime which did get a season 2 that don't deserve it.

Jan 2, 2022 5:14 PM

Mar 2016
Psycho Pass should've never had that s2.
Jan 2, 2022 5:19 PM

Jul 2019
I will just say TPN. Tho, tbf, it did indeed deserve a season 2, just not the current one that exists.
Jan 2, 2022 5:20 PM

Oct 2018
Terra Formars
I hope people responsible for it lost their careers in the industry.
Jan 2, 2022 5:20 PM

Feb 2020
Like most have said the Promised Neverland season 2 I wish never existed. One Punch Man, Pyscho-Pass and Sword Art Online also come to mind.
WolfSaberJan 5, 2022 4:26 AM
Jan 2, 2022 5:22 PM

Apr 2021
epidemia78 said:
It's kinda petty to wish a sequel never happened just because I personally didn't like the original, but with that being said...

How the hell does crap like Overlord deserve multiple seasons? And Shield Hero got a s2 announcement almost immediately after s1 ended. Do you have any idea how long I waited for ReZero 2 to get announced? Say what you will about Re:Zero, it's still waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Shield Hero.

Even worse, Komi-san gets a season 2 but no Hitoribocchi? Really? It's NOT FAIR.

Hitoribocchi was a 2019 show right? We still have hope- possibly… maybe…. hopefully….. after this year I’ll give up hope if we get no announcement 😢
My poor signature was removed because it “took up too much space”
Jan 2, 2022 5:24 PM

Jul 2021
Probably One Punch Man? It deserves a 2nd season but I wish they could just keep it to Madhouse.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 2, 2022 5:25 PM

Feb 2021
eli_shmeli said:
shivamrajput958 said:

I think he is talking about Rent a Girlfriend. The season 2 is announced for this
Jan 2, 2022 5:26 PM

Jun 2016
Promised Neverland

Should've ended at season 1. The second season was plain rubbish
"I don't care if no one likes me. I wasn't created in this world to entertain everyone"- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 2, 2022 5:26 PM

Aug 2021
CDXX-LXIX said:
Terra Formars
I hope people responsible for it lost their careers in the industry.
bruh chill why u gotta say like that.. poor people
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Jan 2, 2022 5:37 PM

Aug 2009
Remocracy said:
FacelessVixen said:
It never got a season 2? This is about anime which did get a season 2 that don't deserve it.

Oh. Whoops.

My first misread of 2022.

Jan 2, 2022 5:53 PM

Jun 2019
The Devil is a Part-Timer! S2

Why would you pour salt into the wound of the LN readers?

Jan 2, 2022 5:58 PM

Feb 2020
I wish Sword Art Online never got a second season, well it'd be nice if there wasn't a first season aswell.

Jan 2, 2022 6:04 PM

Sep 2019
Psycho Pass S2. I'm just going to forget that season existed in the first place...
Jan 2, 2022 6:09 PM

Aug 2018
NotTaiga7 said:
epidemia78 said:

Hitoribocchi was a 2019 show right? We still have hope- possibly… maybe…. hopefully….. after this year I’ll give up hope if we get no announcement 😢

Well since we're wishing for the impossible:
Love Lab 2 when?
Jan 2, 2022 6:30 PM
Dec 2019
Felt like the sequel to zombieland saga was just ok and really not that great tbh
Jan 2, 2022 6:33 PM
Jan 2012
I didn't know the second season of Darker than Black was going to be as tepid as it was. Now when I think back to Darker than Black, I don't remember the good shit, I only remember the second season that really fucked things up, and also ended up with quite a few questions and a teaser for a future season of which never happened and probably never will happen. Season 1's ending was satisfying, we did not need more of this show.

Also, I'ma fuckin say it, Code Geass. I would rather it not have an ending rather than season 2 happening. I don't care how good the ending was, it doesn't justify 20+ bad episodes and most characters just becoming worse. I would rather be blue-balled honestly.
Jan 2, 2022 6:50 PM

Dec 2019
Softhenic03 said:
MHA getting sequel after sequel, with Noragami paying the price with its eternal slumber.

Yeah, I feel you on this one. Not to mention Bungou Stray Dogs getting season after season as well, but more so MHA since it's been getting one every year consistently.

I think that Higurashi Sotsu should have never happened. And while I'm at it maybe even Gou, but that one wasn't as bad.
Jan 2, 2022 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
Mushoku Tensei, My garbage academia
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which female anime character has the best drip?

Anjuro - Today

11 by zckfox »»
1 minute ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre?

Semester1 - 9 hours ago

27 by JaniSIr »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime would you consider a Soft-Seinen?

Yuusey - 11 hours ago

27 by zombie_pegasus »»
4 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 3 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

128 by AverageRiceFan »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - 12 hours ago

26 by IKKIsama »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.