Forum Settings
Forums

Visual Novel 'Mahoutsukai no Yoru' Gets Anime Film

New
Dec 26, 2021 8:30 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

Production company Aniplex announced an anime film adaptation of Type-Moon's Mahoutsukai no Yoru (Witch on the Holy Night) visual novel on Monday. The company also opened an official website, revealing a teaser promo and teaser visual (pictured).

ufotable—the animation studio behind the Kara no Kyoukai (The Garden of Sinners) film series and Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel trilogy—is producing the film. Type-Moon and Kinoko Nasu (Fate/stay night, Shingetsutan Tsukihime) are credited for the original work.

Synopsis
Set near the end of the Showa period in the late 1980s, an old mansion in Misaki Town is rumored to be the home of a witch.

Aoko abruptly enters the world of magi after her grandfather suddenly decides to have Aoko become the Aozaki family's successor. Since then, Aoko moves into the Kuonji Mansion and begins to learn magecraft from the young magus Alice Kuonji, the rumored witch of the mansion. After witnessing the two using magecraft, Soujuurou Shizuki is also forced to live with them until a rune to remove his memories is discovered. (Source: Type-Moon Fandom Wiki)

Type-Moon released a trial version of the visual novel in December 2011 before publishing the full game in April 2012. Nasu also penned a light novel adaptation in the same month.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://mahoyo-movie.com/
Official Twitter: @mahoyo_movie

Source: PR Times

Mahoutsukai no Yoru on MAL
VindstotJan 1, 2022 7:39 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 26, 2021 8:32 AM

Jan 2009
still no Saber route remake of Fate Stay Night but this is another instant watch for me

Nearly a decade ago, the head of ufotable's digital dept Yuichi Terao coined the term "Type-Moon Blue" to refer to the specific tones they strive to depict because they feel inherent&unique to their work - especially nighttime skies. Mahoyo's movie teaser is nothing but that, lol https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1475128484204847107
Dec 26, 2021 8:32 AM

Jan 2021
Hyped for this.
Ufotable and type moon together always looks promising.

Now a tsukihime remake, please ufotable.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Dec 26, 2021 8:38 AM

Sep 2020
This is going to my ptw list cuz its ufotable
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Dec 26, 2021 8:40 AM
May 2018
Congratulations to the fans.

Hopefully, new Tsukihime anime will also happen.
Dec 26, 2021 8:42 AM

Oct 2021
This looks nice, hopefully it leads to a Tsukihime remake.
Dec 26, 2021 8:45 AM

Oct 2017
Ufotable animating another type moon visual novel, what a surprise kek.
Dec 26, 2021 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
deg said:
still no Saber route remake of Fate Stay Night but this is another instant watch for me

Nearly a decade ago, the head of ufotable's digital dept Yuichi Terao coined the term "Type-Moon Blue" to refer to the specific tones they strive to depict because they feel inherent&unique to their work - especially nighttime skies. Mahoyo's movie teaser is nothing but that, lol https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1475128484204847107
Tsukihime anime remake is more likely for now.
Dec 26, 2021 8:52 AM
Mar 2018
Can't believe we getting an anime before the VN getting an English translation lol. Anyways, really excited for the movie! Hopefully we get Tsukihime remake anime too.
Dec 26, 2021 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
Only needing that Tsukihime remake at some point after this with Type-Moon and ufotable collabs.
Dec 26, 2021 8:56 AM

Aug 2010
Finally! I have been waiting for the English translation of the VN for years, but now I can watch this even if the translation is never going to be completed, although hopefully this announcement will motivate the translation to be finish sooner instead.
Dec 26, 2021 9:03 AM

Sep 2019
deg said:

Let's be honest there's no way a Fate route remake won't happen at some point by ufo or someone else given the popularity and the demand, but it's not happening in the near future, they're done with Fate for now. It will probably be a reboot many years from now. I'm sure multiple Tsukihime adaptations will come before that, maybe even a new IP.
Dec 26, 2021 9:05 AM

Apr 2018
I'm pretty stoked for this. Ufo x TM is always a great combination.

Hopefully, this puts us one step closer to a potential anime remake of Tsukihime and/or the F/SN Saber route by Ufo in the future.
Dec 26, 2021 9:06 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
If this comes out on BD before the VN translation that'd just be meme tier
Dec 26, 2021 9:16 AM

Mar 2014
This is an exciting news
Dec 26, 2021 9:30 AM

Feb 2017
Meh Ufotable project are always kinda boring tbh with their Type-Moon loop project for the last 15 years...
Dec 26, 2021 9:55 AM

May 2020
Will wait for Tsukihime adaptation now.
Dec 26, 2021 10:31 AM

Oct 2021
Finally, another Type-Moon x ufotable project. Now, Tsukihime remake...when?
Dec 26, 2021 10:32 AM
Sep 2020
No_meaning said:
Meh Ufotable project are always kinda boring tbh with their Type-Moon loop project for the last 15 years...
naah dude I would rather have this then generic garbages we are getting every season to be honest.
Dec 26, 2021 10:36 AM
Jan 2018
Ufotable have a pretty poor track record with Type-Moon, excluding Kara no Kyoukai, so hopefully this will be good. Though I doubt it considering how Stay Night in particular turned out.
Dec 26, 2021 10:43 AM

Feb 2020
I find all of type moon stuff i have watched very bland. Even their best garden of sinners was suspension of disbelief for me because of few creative choices. So I wont be expecting any different from this either
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 26, 2021 10:51 AM

Mar 2020
Now Tsuki remake, Other Fate Lightnovels, Manga, as well lostbelts, OG Fate Route and Hollow Sequel remains
anyway Hyped for this
Dec 26, 2021 10:57 AM

Sep 2020
Haven't watched any Type-moon stuff as of now. I can't figure out where to start.
Dec 26, 2021 11:14 AM

Oct 2020
Unexpected and hyped! This looks amazing
Dec 26, 2021 11:19 AM

Sep 2008
https://myanimelist.net/anime/50668
This anime is pending approval.
Dec 26, 2021 11:24 AM

Aug 2018
Definitely didn't expect this to get an adaptation with the low status of the vn
_______I like rocks__
Dec 26, 2021 11:27 AM
May 2018
ZXEAN said:
Haven't watched any Type-moon stuff as of now. I can't figure out where to start.
Original Tsukihime anime is the first Type-Moon anime ever made.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/169/Shingetsutan_Tsukihime

https://myanimelist.net/people/2582/Type-Moon
https://myanimelist.net/people/3250/Kinoko_Nasu

Sorted by Start Date ---> and go in order of release.
Dec 26, 2021 11:42 AM

Apr 2012
If it's TM, then the story must somehow be spin-off to their main universe?
Dec 26, 2021 11:43 AM

Sep 2020
Psajdak said:
ZXEAN said:

Thanks. I am thinking of watch Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei, first.
Dec 26, 2021 11:52 AM

May 2018
Adampk said:
I find all of type moon stuff i have watched very bland. Even their best garden of sinners was suspension of disbelief for me because of few creative choices. So I wont be expecting any different from this either

>Naruto pfp
yea move on
Dec 26, 2021 12:01 PM

May 2019
ZXEAN said:
Psajdak said:

you can start with kara no Kyoukai or fate (if you dont mind the animation then the order goes like this fate stay night 2006 then fate UBW 2014 then heavens feel then fate zero, if you do mind the animation then you can skip fate stay night 2006 because the animation may throw you off and start with fate UBW alternatively you can start with fate zero if you want. the spin offs are another thing), also DONT watch the tsukihime anime

or just read the VN
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Dec 26, 2021 12:11 PM

Aug 2009
RobertBobert said:
Believe it or not, this is one of the 4 "main" universes(and can also act as a prequel for the other 3).

Tsukihime
Fate/Stay Night
Mahoyo (this)
Kara no Kyoukai
Dec 26, 2021 12:11 PM

Sep 2020
Type-Moon adaptations from ufotable are always welcome. I'm still waiting for the Tsukihime remake.
Dec 26, 2021 12:14 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
RobertBobert said:
Believe it or not, this is one of the 4 "main" universes(and can also act as a prequel for the other 3).

Tsukihime
Fate/Stay Night
Mahoyo (this)
Kara no Kyoukai

But aren't they in the same universe with some caveats? VNDB considers Night a spin-off of this https://vndb.org/v777.
Dec 26, 2021 12:17 PM
May 2018
Is Melty Blood interesting enough to receive anime as well?
Dec 26, 2021 12:20 PM

Sep 2020
Askaa said:
ZXEAN said:

you can start with kara no Kyoukai or fate (if you dont mind the animation then the order goes like this fate stay night 2006 then fate UBW 2014 then heavens feel then fate zero, if you do mind the animation then you can skip fate stay night 2006 because the animation may throw you off and start with fate UBW alternatively you can start with fate zero if you want. the spin offs are another thing), also DONT watch the tsukihime anime

or just read the VN
Ok Thanks for the info. It's really helpful :)
Dec 26, 2021 12:22 PM

Apr 2016
Psajdak said:

Its not even interesting to mention it.
Dec 26, 2021 12:27 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Psajdak said:
As shit as most of the Type Moon products.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Dec 26, 2021 12:32 PM

Aug 2009
RobertBobert said:
ssjokg said:

Tsukihime
Fate/Stay Night
Mahoyo (this)
Kara no Kyoukai

But aren't they in the same universe with some caveats? VNDB considers Night a spin-off of this https://vndb.org/v777.
Same multiverse. Or universe depending on your definition sure.

The link isnt working. But anyway, technically all are spin offs of each other, but as far as the story is concerned those 4 are the main stories and everything else is a spin off related to them in some way(including Fate/Zero).
Dec 26, 2021 12:35 PM

Feb 2020
Waifwu said:
Adampk said:

>Naruto pfp
yea move on

Yeah, but U didnt "move on". How childish u cant digest to see a opinion against something u like! my signature is perfect for these kind of situations
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 26, 2021 12:36 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
RobertBobert said:

The link isnt working. But anyway, technically all are spin offs of each other, but as far as the story is concerned those 4 are the main stories and everything else is a spin off related to them in some way(including Fate/Zero).

Well, if VNDB is to be believed, all these works share some characters and have a common setting. I have seen large-scale illustrations of the connections between characters in various TM's franchises in my time, but I don’t know what it was based on.
Dec 26, 2021 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
RobertBobert said:
ssjokg said:

Well, if VNDB is to be believed, all these works share some characters and have a common setting. I have seen large-scale illustrations of the connections between characters in various TM's franchises in my time, but I don’t know what it was based on.

Setting, or at least the world is mostly the same between those 4. One important difference is that Servants cant be summoned in Tsukihime worlds. This isnt a spoiler so dont worry.

Now, where does Mahoyo take place? Dont think about it.
Dec 26, 2021 12:48 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
RobertBobert said:

Setting, or at least the world is mostly the same between those 4. One important difference is that Servants cant be summoned in Tsukihime worlds. This isnt a spoiler so dont worry.

Can't be? Has anyone tried to do this? Or is it just not mentioned?
Dec 26, 2021 12:55 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
HollowMoon in shambles, LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Dec 26, 2021 12:55 PM

Jan 2009
MegamiRem said:
deg said:

ye i heard the visual novel of Tsukihime got a recent remake anyway although did it sell well? because if it did then high chance for a anime remake of it too
Dec 26, 2021 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
RobertBobert said:
ssjokg said:

Will tag it in case people havent seen Fate
Dec 26, 2021 1:28 PM

Aug 2009
deg said:
MegamiRem said:

ye i heard the visual novel of Tsukihime got a recent remake anyway although did it sell well? because if it did then high chance for a anime remake of it too
Broke all the records for VNs.

But we most likely wont see any adaptation until part 2 is released.
Dec 26, 2021 1:29 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
RobertBobert said:

Will tag it in case people havent seen Fate

But isn't it possible that Tsukihime is just in a certain period of time when it was not possible?
Dec 26, 2021 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
ssjokg said:
deg said:

Broke all the records for VNs.

But we most likely wont see any adaptation until part 2 is released.

great news for an anime remake then, thanks for the info
Dec 26, 2021 1:38 PM

Sep 2019
Ooo This sounds interesting
Neco Arc is still waiting for that Tsukihime remake
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

5 by EcchiGodMamster »»
30 minutes ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

24 by iyoa »»
32 minutes ago

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

9 by NewestPersonHere »»
57 minutes ago

» Manga 'Hazure Skill "Kinomi Master"' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

6 by Verocirapture »»
1 hour ago

» 'Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu' Season 3 Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, 90-Minute Premiere

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

10 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.