Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 »
Jan 22, 2015 8:10 AM

May 2012
Ow shit that was good! Really impressive, but Tatsumi really die? It looks like that but I do wonder what the last episode will offer us!
Feb 5, 2015 3:35 PM

Dec 2014
WAIT WHAT? TATSUMI! WHAT THE HELL. He can't be dead.
Feb 10, 2015 8:10 AM
May 2012
Well..............shit.
What the fuck, man =_=

FatBox said:
Jesus this show became so troll, I was really into it the first like 12-14 episodes and was really considering giving this show an 8 or even a 9 depending if the quality kept up, but then it steadily started going downhill, it's like the Game of Thrones of anime... Except not even Game of Thrones kills this many main characters, and GoT makes up for it by being much more intriguing... Welp, on to the last episode I guess, what a disappointment.

I know, right. The first few episodes even made me excited because it was refreshing to watch in my opinion. Aw man, how we wish :/
Well, let's see how this will end now.
Feb 24, 2015 6:57 PM

Dec 2008
Not Tatsumi... No...

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 1, 2015 4:28 PM

Feb 2015
Huh? Tatsumi died? I thought he would be one of the last surviving characters... Ah well.
Mar 28, 2015 5:56 PM

Aug 2012
Akame ga Gurren Lagann
Jun 22, 2015 5:56 AM

Dec 2013
WTF ? okay , this show is so fucked up..why did they have to kill the main character ? he was so badass ! damn, this is the worst thing they could ever do..now i don't give a damn about the last episode..for me, it's over when tatsumi died

but he can join mine now..at least..*cries * *snif snif*
Jul 19, 2015 1:27 PM

May 2015
they endured through all of it
noice
Aug 4, 2015 11:51 PM

Jul 2015
this^
Aug 28, 2015 11:05 AM
Oct 2013
damn i didnt see that coming...
wow that was a helluva fight doe.
looking forward to the last episode even though i think there won't be any surprise
Oct 5, 2015 6:54 PM

May 2015
I was going to wait until tomorrow to watch the final episode but I MUST SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 20, 2015 4:27 PM

Jan 2012
He needed to kill him too,was the author and his team smoking some shit when they made this anime ?

Nov 11, 2015 7:06 PM

Feb 2010
WTF JUST HAPPENED ZZZZZ....

I thought tatsumi was main character this whole time, but no, "IT WAS I AKAME!!"....thanks whitefox

Nov 15, 2015 3:58 PM

Apr 2015
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
OMG i can't describe how bad this show is hahahahah. Tatsumi's death was so so corny that i couldn't control myself. I had to laugh.
And the prince was very 'smart'. He was destroying his own city. OK! That makes a lot of sense hhahahahahahah
Nov 28, 2015 5:11 AM

Apr 2015
At least the show don't have the plot armored mc cliche! Some people can't appreciate tragedies. This show is awesome!
Dec 1, 2015 11:59 AM

Sep 2014
LOL Tatsumi grew wings and flew to heaven. Tatsumi sacrificed his life for some civilians. He also lied to akame what a chump. I will not miss you Tatsumi, you should've just went with esdeath on a date or something, and lived happily ever after. Like how did you not know you were gonna die, Tatsumi?

Let's be honest. I hope they didn't think killing off the Tatsumi in a semi-heroic way would gain them any points for me, because it didn't.

Also that kid with the giant mecha was probably the biggest dumbass I have ever seen. How are you going to prove "your empire is the greatest" my bombing it to hell... you dumbass?
GokuDec 1, 2015 12:04 PM
Dec 15, 2015 10:42 PM

Jan 2010
Of all the things I don't understand about this show, where was the emperor aiming his death ray at? Why was he destroying his own kingdom again? I get the manipulation thing, but I would have understood if he was aiming at the Revolutionary Army or the main characters and was missing, but he was outright blowing up his kingdom. I'm not sure why this was the moment that got me to vocally question the show, but...huh.
Jan 3, 2016 6:59 AM

May 2014
TragicRomance said:
That's why it is Akame ga Kill, not Tatsumi ga Kill... even if it was never focused on her.
Akame ga Kill would mean Akame is the killer or Akame will kill (the relation between the title and the manga is better explained in the manga). I suppose Akame will be the only main character to survive...
Feb 14, 2016 4:52 PM
Aug 2015
honestly i could care less episode 23 made no sense to me i liked last episode was kinda hoping tatsumi would get up and be like stop fighting u too i never wanted this and blah blah blah all the bs he utters but why the hell do u make tatsumi golden and kill him right after the viewers of the show expected tatsumi to survive because he became golden am i right or am i wrong but he dies right after thats what i will never understand what was going through the creaters of this episode head when he killed tatsumi ad left akame and leone to deal with the others 2 misfits who were evil (esdeath and the minister) and eventually killing leone but saving akame thats just great dude what else could get better? call me a hypocrite because this was like teh ending of the anime for me because they killed all the main character and the main main character tatsumi because they kill the titular character who got no screen time once so ever but u wanna bring spotlight to her at the end of the anime? wow complete disaster indeed. just gonna forget about push anime to back of my head my review of anime is 7/10
Feb 15, 2016 11:23 AM
Mar 2015
Stark700 said:
AHAHAHAHAHA

Tatsumi died??? Also he grew wings
I swear Tatsumi looks like he just Digievolved.

RIP in pepperoni Tatsumi, you were one my favorite Night Raid Characters...
Feb 19, 2016 10:53 PM

Jun 2015
I can't believe the supposed MC was killed off. I thought his plot armor would say otherwise, but I guess that was a nice twist.
Feb 28, 2016 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
No way Jose. They killed Tatsumi. Something tells me they will be revived though. If not, then man that sucks.
Mar 7, 2016 11:59 PM

Sep 2009

I'm also a bit pissed that that the show kept the prince alive........
May 12, 2016 10:47 PM

Feb 2015
WHAT THE FUCK

I have no words for this omg biggest trainwreck ever
May 15, 2016 4:05 PM

Jan 2016
I.. It was so intense i didn’t even realise what the fuck happend!! o.o OMG NEXT EPISODE NOW!! Awesome episode! finally Wave did something good tho.. Team super Armor guys

Tatsumi Going OP with wings and killing a "old Legend" God Relic.. dies saving people from destitution… Wait what... Hold let back up! DIES! WTF!!! AAAAH I SAID NO MORE DEATH AND...And.. you kill Tatsumi.. Son of a sunshine biscuit...
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 19, 2016 6:46 PM

May 2013
Hey, it happened. Wave temporarily siding with Night Raid haha. It was a good sight.
Jul 27, 2016 5:21 AM

Apr 2009
RIP Tatsumi.

Don't worry you will be revived after Akame collected all the Dragon Balls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2016 2:28 AM

May 2016
Why he had to die ;_;
Aug 11, 2016 3:29 PM

Dec 2009
Not as bad as people make it out to be at all, but there were certainly enough flaws.

Why oh why did they just let the Prime Minister keep influencing the Emperor like that? There were some moments when the Emperor was about to realize his mistake, but then got manipulated even more. Just kill the fucker! It would only take Tatsumi one hit to kill the bastard. Or Akame, but apparently she was busy killing 4 guards for half an episode...

I was also confused by the motivation behind Run's action of attacking Night Raid. What does stopping them even matter at this point if you want a revolution anyway? It's not like the capital itself wasn't spilling more blood during status quo.

Letting Tatsumi die was kinda ballsy. It might feel cheap at this point after having a character die every episode lately, but I still didn't see them doing that with the main character as well. It's not something you see happen often in anime. But that does bring me to the fact that they killed off almost all the characters at this point and more than often it just happened because it somehow had to happen, not because it fitted the story. They could have easily killed Najenda when she used her last power up on Susanoo, but for some reason they just pulled it out of their ass that she was somehow 'saved' by him by not taking all her power? Okay... but Mine had to die because? It's not like Najenda's role in the story is any more important at this point.

I'm not salty because my favorite characters died or anything, it's just that it seems completely random to me who lives and who dies in certain situations. Like the production team first played a round of 'who dies' roulette and then started making the anime original route. Now all we have left is Akame vs Esdeath, but it feels like there's not a lot at stake anymore at this point. It's more like they are doing this as an aftermath kinda thing. We'll see.
Nuky93Aug 11, 2016 3:33 PM
Sep 15, 2016 3:25 PM
Dec 2014
Nuky93 said:
[...]I was also confused by the motivation behind Run's action of attacking Night Raid.[...]

If I had to come up with a reason, it might either be a clash of values (not unlike Akame and Kurome), or as a way to prevent from the guards blood from being spilled. But perhaps more likely, they just wanted to show him fight a bit.

For a "teacher" he sure moves well though - especially if you consider the fact that he managed dodged some of Esdeath's strikes during the formation of Jaegers.

While I agree that Nagenda's survival felt like a rare case of plot armour in this show, I do see her experience as a leader more valuable after than Mine's skillset after the revolution. Besides, Mine got a free pass when she got saved not long before this episode, and had Budou died without taking anyone out, he would've been like the most disappointingly hyped character of the show (I am already disappointed that he got taken out like he did).
Oct 15, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
lmfao everyone is so triggered over tatsumi's death
Oct 30, 2016 12:42 PM

Apr 2013
Sorry but that king... is so unbelievable. He's killing random citizens left and right, but then begs Tatsumi to stop? Nope, horrible character.
Oct 31, 2016 3:27 PM

Nov 2015

How they want me to take this plot seriously if after all the killing, after Akame killed her own sister, they show me a funny goofy Akame eating oversized food? [Moodkiller]

Why is the Emperor kid destroying his own empire?

Tatsumi got a typical Shounen MC power up. Oh, the Power of Friendship. Incursio is golden and has wings.

Does Tatsumi has some fang thing across his stomach, right?

Oh yeah, he did. Well, at least he died as a hero. The MC shield always wears off at the end of the show.

Flashy battle, not much else.
I still think Wave is a way better character.

I disliked Tatsumi as a MC but this sure also feels like the staff just wanted to kill every character they can. Personally, they can kill everyone but if their deaths have no meaning I'm not gonna feel a thing.
HumbertoZeroOct 31, 2016 3:31 PM
Nov 29, 2016 10:25 PM
Nov 2016
lol, nice way for sacrificing yourself tatsumi. XD
Dec 21, 2016 2:31 PM

May 2008
What the heck is this mecha crap >.< Tatsumi died with a superman stunt wtf! That was a painful watch.
Jan 7, 2017 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
No way, did Tatsumi really die??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 7, 2017 12:58 PM

Aug 2015
Lol, even Tatsumi died?!!?! The main character? Really? What kind of anime is that?? Wtf xD

Nov 9, 2017 10:53 PM

Jan 2008
Payper said:
Lol, even Tatsumi died?!!?! The main character? Really? What kind of anime is that?? Wtf xD

My thoughts exactly! WTF!!!!! I thought the anime was OK up until this point, death of MC makes no sense.
Nov 19, 2017 6:49 AM

Aug 2017
first thing first. The first episode was incredible but after finished watching the ending of the episode 24. I wasn't happy about it. The ending of this anime are completely DISAPPOINTING.
Dec 13, 2017 3:14 AM

Jun 2017
leneaStella said:
first thing first. The first episode was incredible but after finished watching the ending of the episode 24. I wasn't happy about it. The ending of this anime are completely DISAPPOINTING.

Couldn't agree with you more ...there was a lot of potential here, and they did this? I disliked Tatsumi less than most male MC's in this kind of anime, which doesn't help... but I don't think I've ever seen such an uncool death for a main character (or just about any character) in an anime before.

He won - fight was over, and he has to sacrifice himself after thousands have already died during the fight, to save a group of like 20 people? It's great that he's such a hero, and stuff, but come on... I guess he wouldn't be much of a hero if he died BEFORE finishing the fight.

I am utterly disappointed. The episode was good, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, like a few of the previous episodes.
Dec 20, 2017 11:01 AM
Nov 2016
Really loved the show up until this episode. The corny "villain mode" and speeches of the prime minister and emperor were a huge turnoff, but nothing compared to the dissapointment to when they revealed the giant transformer as the emperors relic.

I dont really mind Tatsumi dying, but the way they did it felt underwhelming.
Dec 21, 2017 6:38 PM

Jun 2017
TheXskull said:
Really loved the show up until this episode. The corny "villain mode" and speeches of the prime minister and emperor were a huge turnoff, but nothing compared to the dissapointment to when they revealed the giant transformer as the emperors relic.

I dont really mind Tatsumi dying, but the way they did it felt underwhelming.

I could have dealt with his death, but you're right, the way they did it was simply not cool. Underwhelming doesn't quite touch it ... it was just asinine, it was nonsensical... I dunno, it really rubs me the wrong way.

You're also right about the stupid Giant transformer and generic villain speech thing ... this is a unique anime with a lot of unique aspects... it almost seems like they just stopped trying once they realized it was near the end and everyone dies, and couldn't figure out why they should care any longer either.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this... but it's been a good ride, with a crappy ending. Damn.
Feb 15, 2019 6:16 PM
Feb 2019
That. Was. DEPRESSING.

First of all, why couldn't the emperor just listen to the rebels? I get that the minister was controlling him and everything, but this time he had a choice!

And because of all that, Tatsumi died. RIP.

Seriously though, that was a sad but good episode...
Apr 28, 2019 7:55 AM
Mar 2019
why does everyone dies in this anime i dont unerstand.
May 28, 2019 9:45 AM
Mar 2019
I would give this ep a 5/5 cus Tatsumi dies lol fucking hate his character so much.
The emperor's moment of snapping as well as Run and Wave showing respect for Night Raid felt so forced.
Tatsumi's final form was pretty cool looking I guess. I think it really says something about the pacing of this show when the MC's death felt emotionless and very dry (unless he isn't actually dead?).
Nov 7, 2019 7:48 PM
Apr 2016
The end is near, and of course, because we're talking about Akame ga Kill, someone gets killed!
Nov 18, 2019 1:10 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wtf even the main character is dead now xDD not gonna lie I don't care at all of tatsumi
Dec 6, 2019 12:46 PM

Sep 2019
Now tatsumi died. The route this anime has take really hurts my core. I'm gonna read the manga. Tatsumi x Mine bond by the red string of Fate.
Apr 2, 2020 3:13 AM

Mar 2013
Wow did Ran, Leone, and Najenda really outlive Tatsumi? I know its an AO ending but didnt see that coming lol
Apr 2, 2020 9:21 PM
Oct 2019
wow.. i guess they'd a plan for non happy ending so they just keep killing main characters. Let's see will Akame survive or not
Pages (20) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1212 by Zoopiez »»
Jun 8, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

819 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

818 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 5:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.