Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Apr 18, 2021 7:25 AM

May 2018
yeah Nagatoro was really annoying and senpai is the role model beta with the personality of a wooden plank, but I am masochist so I'm loving it lol
Apr 19, 2021 2:08 AM
Apr 2021
Hahaha, this is a very cool anime, popular with grumble and also the main character 👏👏👏👏
https://www.t4an.com/uploads/thumbs/73fa21bf4-1.jpg
Apr 19, 2021 2:33 AM

Sep 2020
this episode was Ok , we get to see dumb senpai and annoying Nagatoro doing the usual things, and once again another discount virgin joke , awkward moment bla bla bla overall 2/5
Apr 19, 2021 7:16 AM

Mar 2012
That's one annoying bitch. Watched it since I've heard it's similar to Takagi-san but I didn't have a strong urge to punch Takagi like I do with Nagatoro.
Apr 20, 2021 9:39 AM

Feb 2021
I saw some ppl saying that Nagatoro is bullying him but HELL NO. She is just teasing him.
Apr 24, 2021 12:19 AM

Aug 2017
2/5. I cannot stand blue pilled MCs.

Takagi-san is 10x better than this.
Apr 24, 2021 8:49 AM
Sep 2020
Pretty solid first episode LOL, really enjoy it (ㆁωㆁ)
Apr 24, 2021 6:29 PM

Aug 2018
So pretty, very nice expressions... BUT, what a f!@#ing C$%t!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 24, 2021 11:26 PM
Sep 2020
It was okish I guess .... The adaption is of the pannels are great and the story is simple.... Animation is good and voice acting is great... Overall a fine anime to kill time ... But for comedy aspect it lacks a big margin.... May be later episodes will be better .
Apr 25, 2021 1:45 AM
Jul 2018
The anime I currently watch, "Don't Mess With Me, Nagatoro!", is a Japanese Anime show that is currently airing. I have read the manga of this title and therefore I am superior.

Getting bullied by others is surely a bad thing, and it would make anyone cry depending on the strength of their mentality.

Great animation! Great visuals! Great all! Glad to see this manga getting an anime adaptation!
Apr 25, 2021 12:35 PM

Nov 2017
It's been a while since I watched seasonal anime, but I have history with the manga of this show, I've been reading it pretty much since it first came out. Not that I'm following it now, maybe I should, the anime is pretty neat and nails manga's style and I've got to say that this little demon Nagatoro is even more adorable in the anime.

Apr 26, 2021 4:00 AM
Jan 2021
I don't know why but i really felt uncomfortable while watching the first episode. I don't know how people are loving her smile But she is giving me the vibes of Myne from shield hero. I don't even know where the writer has put the line between teasing, harassing and bullying like the manga scene.
Apr 28, 2021 1:18 AM

Dec 2008
OMG ... I can't consider Nagatoro's antics as teasing in this episode, she is a mean Gremlin. All her gags went too far on the person she just met.

The fact that the boy doesn't fight back makes it even more frustrating.
I see her actions as bullying, maybe she has mental disorder and thinks it is ok.
So far I see this as bad taste comedy, it becomes funny in episode 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2021 1:33 AM

Nov 2017
Fabienne said:
OMG ... I can't consider Nagatoro's antics as teasing in this episode, she is a mean Gremlin. All her gags went too far on the person she just met.

The fact that the boy doesn't fight back makes it even more frustrating.
I see her actions as bullying, maybe she has mental disorder and thinks it is ok.
So far I see this as bad taste comedy, it becomes funny in episode 2.

Well that's true, I always thought Nagatoro's toying with Senpai wasn't really teasing, it was straight up bullying to tears, but it does get better eventually

Apr 28, 2021 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
I could not see since I had exams, it looks good lesss goooo
Apr 29, 2021 1:06 AM

Jan 2010
I've known about Nagatoro-san from the manga, but I didn't really know more than what I've seen from out-of-context screenshots.

The bullying in this show is kind of awkward. Hachiouji doesn't seem to completely hate Nagatoro, and Nagatoro doesn't seem to be bothering Hachiouji out of malice. Nagatoro seems to find messing with Hachiouji fun, and Hachiouji seems to not completely hate the idea of having a girl to speak to, regardless of the circumstances. As such, it's just...awkward? If nothing else, I enjoy Sumipe's performance, but at the moment, this seems to be a romcom with extra steps.
Apr 29, 2021 4:51 PM

Aug 2019
Well that was surprisingly entertaining.
MC needs to grow a pair.
May 1, 2021 6:50 PM

Mar 2019
I thought her skin would be darker here
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
May 3, 2021 3:53 PM

Nov 2013
based on Takagi and Uzaki, i know Nagatoro will end up as one of my favorites this season and i'll be super disappointed if by the end i don't give this a 9+

that being said, people who said Takagi was annoying/bully to Nishikata... she was an angel compared to this one lol for a few minutes, even i got annoyed at her, if this was a different anime (again because similarities to Takagi/Uzaki), i could have dropped it this episode :D
that being said (again, i know), she can also be cute when she is not going full bully mode with her scary eyes/smile, as we could see when she was sitting before the draw lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
May 6, 2021 8:33 PM
Oct 2020
the adaptation is excellent
May 9, 2021 5:45 PM
Feb 2015
Finally watched Episode 1. Nagatoro is interesting. The main dude is such a beta, it reminds me why I stopped watching anime. Are these male protagonists meant to be relatable? Not only is he a simp, but he's so physically weak I hesistate to call him a dude. I wish she bullied him more. Maybe he grows a spine and becomes chad as the episodes continue, will see in time.
May 12, 2021 11:39 AM

Apr 2011
Not a bad first episode. The wacky facial expression sure reminds me of a hentai, I read a while back.

I wonder a weak MC is relatable to lot of Japanese youths goes through? Nagatoro extreme bullying and interest in the MC is interesting, so far, but I really want to see both Nagatoro and MC help develop each other as characters later on down the road.

I hope there will be other bullies in the series for the MC to overcome, but from my understanding this anime is adaptation from a gag manga, but I'll be surprise that they have an actual antagonist. XD
May 12, 2021 4:55 PM
Jan 2021
I am just living at how teased he feels. Poor, poor fellow. :D
May 14, 2021 10:42 PM

Apr 2011
First episode is okay. Looks like its more like teasing and bullying. She does seems to like him. It kinda similar to Uzaki.

Spaking of Uzaki-chan. I need to finish it first while talking my time watching this.
May 19, 2021 9:10 PM

Aug 2018
They have adapted it very well xD
The 1st episode was very good, let's see how they will do the following chapters and also the opening is good.
May 22, 2021 8:29 AM
Feb 2018
This wasn't too bad, 3/5 for the first episode. I like the art/animation. I'm interested to see where this show goes. It had some funny moments but I can't get past the plot and characters. The story is literally about a girl who teases and picks on a guy, that's it. Also, Senpai is the biggest whiny coward for a MC.
May 22, 2021 9:12 PM

Feb 2021
Nagatoro seems to a smug, sadistic kind of girl. She made her senpai cry twice in one episode. Poor guy had been bullied his whole life :( It's pretty amusing and I hope it doesn't grow stale. The voice actor for Nagatoro did a great job though.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
May 24, 2021 4:20 PM

May 2021
The art was pretty good looking during the first few minutes of the episode. That poor guy Sempai needs to get some courage.
Jun 18, 2021 6:50 AM

Jan 2021
While watching this I got anxious it was like getting second hand uncomfortableness from the mc but he’ll get his redemption
Jun 20, 2021 9:41 PM

Sep 2018
Awww~ it's Deku's voice !!! *O* I love him already..
Nagatoro girl looks devil though hahah her eyes are weird.
Jun 21, 2021 12:05 AM
Jun 2021
Muito bom espero que tenha temporada 2
Jun 22, 2021 12:14 AM

Sep 2017
Oh wow
This show let me down from the very first episode.I'm honestly disappointed and sad that I wasted 20 minutes of my life on this thing
The mc is sooo annoying, he's not even the innocent type.He's just a nerve-wracking manlet.
Why the hell did he even get so red when the girl approached him? What is he afraid of? That she might reverse-rape him because of his innocence?
I'm disgusted.I'll (probably) watch it until the end but I won't give it any above 4. A true waste of time
خ
Jun 22, 2021 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
This is the first anime adaptation of a manga THAT I'VE READ that I've ever watched.
In other words, this is the first time I've read a manga before watching the anime.
Furthermore, it just so happens that I began the manga BEFORE the anime was even in production.
All of this is kinda surreal taking into account these circumstances.

I was surprised by some of the more exaggerated elements, like when the senpai's hair shot up like a porcupine, or when Nagatoro pushed him and he rolled all the way to the river. They definitely upped the ante in a cartoonish way. I'm not complaining. It's an interesting rendition of the series.

Finally, I totally understand why people either hate Nagatoro or the MC. I usually do too... I hate when (even gag) anime aren't realistic, and I hate when things are overly cliche, unrelatable, overly exaggerated, etc. But for me personally, subjectively the charm is just too strong. There's something endearing about it.

removed-userJun 22, 2021 1:06 AM
Jun 22, 2021 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
I just realized why the senpai's character design seems a bit off. In the manga, his face is SLIGHTLY more elongated. It looks a bit more childish in the anime. I also pictures his hair to be a bit darker when I read the manga, and his voice was always ever-so slightly deeper to me.

But that's the thing about anime adaptations of manga you've read, it's never gonna turn out exactly like in your head.

Another thing about this series is that I find it cool how the MC "protagonist(?)" is UNNAMED. Late in the manga we eventually get his full name, but for the beginning arcs, he's just a nameless character. I always love when a story manages to follow a nameless character.

SeNpAi
^
Although, that's the one thing I can't stand about this anime lol. The way she says "senpai". I bet it sounds exaggerated and cartoony even for Japanese standards. I don't find Nagatoro to be particularly obnoxious but the way she says senpai is jarring to my ears.
Jun 23, 2021 3:27 AM

Mar 2011
Having seen 2 Episodes so far and as a person who, like some Posters before me, actually got bullied myself as well I was afraid this might be a little too close to home for me, let's see how this develops.

Yes, of course it's supposed to be exaggerated from Reality, but even in RL Japan there still seem to be specific Expectations considering Gender Roles, how an 'ideal' boy/man and girl/woman should behave etc. Might be a cultural thing how certain aspects of Life (like in this case Bullying) are handled and understood over there; as TV/All The Tropes would explain it:

As some specific examples below can show you, Japan has a...different way of dealing with bullying […] than the West. In Japan, if someone is bullied at school, they're generally ignored, or told to ignore it, do what the bullies want, etc. Oh, and the victim is frequently blamed, as you're only being bullied because you're too different. If you bothered to fit in better with others, you wouldn't be bullied, so you better shape up now.

https://allthetropes.org/wiki/Values_Dissonance/Anime
Jun 25, 2021 9:12 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Surprisingly didnt hate it. I don't think it'll be AOTS contender of course, but looks like it will be a fun watch.
Jun 25, 2021 9:17 PM
Jan 2020
You looks like a over the top pervert doesn’t seem worth my time
Jun 27, 2021 12:26 AM
Jun 2021
نريد_موسم_ثاني_من_لاتعبث_مع_انسه_ناغاتورو#
#Queremos_una_segunda_temporada_de_Don't_Mess With_Miss_Nagatoro
#We_want_a_second_season_of_Don't_Mess_With Miss_Nagatoro
#イジらないで、長郎さんのセカンドシーズンが欲しい
Jul 4, 2021 6:11 PM
Jul 2021
Nada que decir amo la serie 🥺💜
Jul 10, 2021 1:18 PM

Sep 2012
this had me dying lol

knew she is kinda nuts the moment i so few pics of her expressions, nuts kinda like her
https://myanimelist.net/character/167031/Hana_Uzaki
and i was almost right, similar and yet different

i suspect she knows him from before and wants to help him get out of hes shell and uses harsh way, either that or she actually has a thing for him u know sometimes girls bully guys they like and also reverse exists to
Sugram22Jul 11, 2021 1:53 AM
Jul 12, 2021 9:36 PM

Mar 2015
Great start to this one! Nagatoro is a delightful character!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 18, 2021 4:37 PM

Jan 2017
I didn't know what to expect because I had only seen pages from the manga on instagram and doujinshi of these two but man, was that awkward. At first I thought the mc was autistic-coded due to how literally he takes things and his social awkwardness but I guess with the sad backstory some of the things he does make sense.

Also, you guys need to watch yourselves better. This thread is way too spoiler-heavy!
Jul 27, 2021 10:05 AM
Jul 2021
The first was a good start and also I didn't expected the animation to be this good
Aug 14, 2021 10:10 AM
Aug 15, 2021 5:43 AM

Feb 2018
''You've been acting sus this whole time'' she said the thing! We're only in the first episode and she made senpai cry twice already damn
Sep 14, 2021 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
Gonna cry? gonna piss your pants senpai? I can see why this anime is controversial but I also gotta say this Nagatoro's borderline bullying feels to me more like heavily teasing than actual bullying (like those boys did to senpai in the past). I kinda respect Nagatoro for not only reading aloud that embarassing manga sketch from our wimpy senpai but also re-enacting the scene.

Oct 10, 2021 9:32 AM
Oct 2021
I new here how do I see the anime?
Oct 27, 2021 4:07 PM
Oct 2021
it's very good i hope there is a second season
Nov 20, 2021 2:57 PM

Dec 2009
Excellent anime adaption and great casting overall.
I'm glad that everyone's voices are very fitting to their characters, including Nagatoro who I didn't expect to have a dialect.

The animation of her movement and actions was surprisingly faithful to the manga which I appreciate.
It's fascinating how clearer it is her teasing is out of good affection of interest compared to the manga by hearing her overall tone and mannerisms during her bullying.

In the manga, at first, it's more conflicting to whether she's bullying him out of ill or out of curiosity and care for him.
I think in the anime, it's much clearer and faster by feeling all of that unlike the manga where without the tone, it mostly seems like ill teasing.
Although, in hindsight it's obvious, but on the first quarter of the story, it's not extremely apparent.

The rest of the cast from their voices is what I imagined, except for Sakura, but over time she may sound more fitting when I hear more of her.
Jan 3, 2022 11:24 PM

Jul 2019
This was a bit more bullying than I had expected, but I suppose it's going to "toughen up" Senpai a bit.
I'm a big fan of Nagatoro's crazy eyes and her fang. Fangs are cool.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

274 by DarCas003 »»
Sep 11, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 22, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pre_Yum - Apr 24, 2021

177 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 22, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by akashi_daiki »»
Aug 22, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

217 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 15, 11:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.