Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2020 11:42 AM

Mar 2017
Re Zero: starting a new ep with a few questions and end it with a lots of them (another 10/10! )
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Sep 2, 2020 11:42 AM

May 2014
I felt like the episode was 10 minutes long
Sep 2, 2020 11:45 AM

Mar 2014
OHSHIT looks like Typhon and Minerva aren't the only witches crashing the tea party this time around! And it looks like Roswaal has figured out Subaru's power. I think I've been spoiled on what might be happening here, but I have no idea where we're going from here because I thought Subaru was about to die in that witch's embrace right then and there.

Maybe Garfiel saved Subaru because his scent is masked/muffled by it's overwhelming scent everywhere else? Or he just wants to kick Subaru's ass personally for setting it off somehow. Could Satella's soul have sensed that he spilled the beans all the way from wherever she is in the world? It's freaky knowing that her presence is capable of manifesting to such a strong degree, and she just chooses not to. Up until this point it felt like we were safe in the present with all her deeds done in the past (aside from Subaru's curse/"power"), but now she's here! D:

Those witches were all certainly... unique though. Typhon the brat, Minerva the tsundere berserk healer, and Daphne the bdsm expert who only knows how to think with her stomach. "The whale and rabbit provide plenty of meat to eat, if you can kill them before they eat you first" what a horrible twisted logic. There's a tiny thread of sense in there, but it completely forgets that most people are just fodder to these monsters. And what was up with that bdsm spider coffin look? Was that to stop her from eating everything and everyone she saw just so she could carry a conversation for more than a minute? At the very least Subaru was able to get some useful information about the "Great" Rabbit out of her. But I'm absolutely terrified about what will happen if/when she pops up again. She looked pretty pissed/riled up when Subaru baited her about taking out her beasts.
Sep 2, 2020 11:49 AM

Jul 2015
Freaking loved this episode!
UkRsSep 2, 2020 11:59 AM
Sep 2, 2020 11:51 AM

Sep 2018
ROSWAAL KNOWS!
Satella said "I love you" in my right year ahhhhhh
Laphne is cute XD
Sep 2, 2020 11:52 AM

Feb 2020
AnonymousGuy9 said:
Emilia and Stella's VA is the same

I was wondering if that was the case, the little we saw of her face looks similar to her too, and we already knew she was also a silver haired half-elf.

HMMMMMMM....
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Sep 2, 2020 11:57 AM

Jun 2020
-I'm glad they explained properly what were the Whale and Rabbits, and we got more info about Subaru's Return By Death and who brought him to this world. Why it was HIM of all people is still a mystery for now.

-I want to see more scenes with the other witches. Minerva was so cute~~ i can predict the memes already: "Wait now Minerva is best girl?" "Always has been"

-Isn't there a witch of Lust and one of Sloth too? If they exist, why didn't they show up? And is the Witch of Sloth gonna say "taida desu nee~" and remind Subaru of Petelguese? That would be pretty nice to see.

-I'm beginning to see a pattern here. The witches caused disaster in this world, but they don't seen "evil". They just seen to have distorted visions of the way life works. Daphne for example created the Mabeasts so that nobody would die of hunger, but they also can defend themselves and constantly need to eat things like crazy so it did more ill than good. "Gluttony" really fits that personality of hers.

-Satella sounds like Emilia because she is also voiced by Rie Takahashi, in case you guys didn't know already. No wonder she sounds so sexy- i mean scary.

-Roswaal knows what's up. I saw that one coming, but it was still surprising to watch the scene. He said Subaru made a mistake, but what it was this time? Find out on next episode of Subaru-kun and the 7 witches!
Sep 2, 2020 12:01 PM

Apr 2013
JGChaves said:
MrBluebear said:
Who's VA for Typhoon, Minerva and Daphne?
And Satella (sounds like Emilia's Rieri, as like 1st season also)...

Typhon - Misaki Kuno
Minerva - Mikako Komatsu
Daphne - Nao Touyama

Satella is voiced by Emilia's VA, Rie Takahashi

Ok thanks..wonder they sound familiar also..
Sep 2, 2020 12:02 PM
Nov 2015
Subaru seriously cannot catch a breath after those bunny huh..........

Dear Subaru sad subaru
Sep 2, 2020 12:05 PM

Aug 2020
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT RoswaalI FROM THE Witch Cult?

Sep 2, 2020 12:06 PM

Jul 2016
shakespear123 said:
Does someone know where we are at in the WN at this point of the anime ?
Last time i tried to find but got lost in the different loophole and couldnt figure if i was at the right place...
We're a bit past halfway through chapter 49 of arc 4.
Sep 2, 2020 12:07 PM
Oct 2019
Interesting episode, not as great as some of the previous ones but it still it was really good. "I love you, I love you".. that was epic
Sep 2, 2020 12:09 PM
Apr 2020
Omg does Roswell know Subaru’s secret I need answers my hype limits are off the charts !!
Sep 2, 2020 12:13 PM

Nov 2019
This episode was torture in a totally different sort of way. For it felt like 5 minutes and I have to wait for another week again!

Echidna is really frank about things, that's a plus point. But I am sure, despite having the knowledge of emotions, she cant relate with them. So she might end up hurting Subaru sometime in the future...

Regarding the dead witches... Haha omoshiroi, this is how you display eccentricity! And the accompanying music was great too.

Typhon fits the image of pride, because she feels she has the right to act as judge, jury (and possibly executioner) for any 'sinner'.

Minerva is an oddity - she contradicts herself, and gives the impression of paradox. Interesting impression of wrath; though thanks to her 'concern', Subaru is back in one piece. Dorarara intensifies...

Daphne gives me the final impression of the witches as powerful beings who wanted to make the world a better place, but with the wrong tools, that are the sins. She apparently held back a lot, drooling after Subaru, and takes his confrontation as a challenge.

Coming back to the Sanctuary. I think I know what happened here. There is a reason WoE wanted to keep Rbd between herself and Subaru, but now it isn't anymore (unless Echidna already knew, which I can't still understand). Considering her aspects of envy, it is natural she will get triggered that someone else now knows the secret, and that too, a witch. Btw I would love Satella to do ASMR attacks on me anytime. God praise my headphones. Also great dress :0

Ros-chi knowing of RbD doesn't surprise me too much, though it might be that he doesn't know what exactly it does. Will suffer with Subaru waiting for next episode :(
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Sep 2, 2020 12:14 PM

Jul 2019
i'm really glad we got a season two, every ep is making me want more.
Sep 2, 2020 12:17 PM
Mar 2015
shakespear123 said:
Does someone know where we are at in the WN at this point of the anime ?
Last time i tried to find but got lost in the different loophole and couldnt figure if i was at the right place...

We're at chapter 49 out of a total of 130 (+ a couple interludes and other extras, like chapters with numbers like 124B and such, so altogether it comes out more like 140). That said, many things were omitted, and many more will be omitted in later parts so it isn't a completely accurate representation of where we are in the LN. But in any case we are approaching the end of the 2nd major part of Arc 4 in the WN, out of a total of 6.
Sep 2, 2020 12:32 PM

Nov 2016
i feel like i need to watch the first season again now that we definitely know Roswaal knows of subaru's return by death because i keep thinking back to the episode when Roswaal and Beatrice were about to fight each to the death over something subaru did, cant remember what it was exactly but Beatrice chose to defend subaru because she made a promise to help him, did her gospel tell her to do it? was Roswaal also following his gospel in that situation? because i remember subaru killing himself to avoid the faceoff so was that the intention? to force subaru to "redo" the event, also it makes sense why Roswaal is so carefree and leaving subaru to take care of a lot of things that happened on his land.

also now that we know Beatrice is following her gospel does that mean subaru didn't actually find her library, she let subaru find it because her gospel told her? thats crazy to think majority of their interactions was because of what the gospel told Beatrice to do. i remember when subaru moved into the Roswaal mansion Beatrice came out of her library for dinner which surprised everyone but she said she did to see puck, i guess now we know she's lying, the gospel told her to come down.

also i think that wasn't stella outside the graveyard might be my girl emilia, she wasn't there when subaru woke up, maybe that's what happens when she fails her test and subaru isnt there to wake her up
vanillaskynetSep 2, 2020 12:40 PM
Sep 2, 2020 12:33 PM

Jun 2014
We got to see a few of the other witches and they all definitely have interesting and unique personalities. So those seemingly random rabbits from last episode were created by the witch of gluttony, along with the white whale and the black serpent (which I assume we'll see at some point down the road). Overall a very informative episode.

Things seemed relatively chill until the last few minutes when Satella appeared. Her repeated "love you" was creepy as fuck lol. I really can't wait to see whats going to happen going forward after how this episode ended.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 2, 2020 12:37 PM

May 2020
Well, best show of the season is back for another week! Interesting conversation between Echidna and Subaru, she's been a really big part in the improvement of the series for me, and the appearance of the other witches was also quite intriguing, hope to see them more. This season has been amazing, I'm enjoying every minute of it!
P.S: That "love you.. love you.." ASMR was really chilling xD.
Sep 2, 2020 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
tazotaku said:
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT RoswaalI FROM THE Witch Cult?
I think it shouldn't be a spoiler but...
Sep 2, 2020 12:45 PM

Oct 2019
Echidna really steals the show, tbh Emilia's spotlight is yet again stolen. First Rem steals the spotlight of season 1, now it's Echidna's turn.
Sep 2, 2020 12:47 PM

Jun 2015
Another awesome episode. I was a little disappointed with the interaction while Echidna allowed some of the other witches out and we got the breaking into pieces scene and then the love love scene with another witch and everything reset. Normally Id of consider it comedy / or brilliant story telling while even this witch cannot control the other ones, and just lap it up as part of the story. But unlike Subaru awakening this episode I'm afraid to express an opinion, because if you go against the witches you will be consumed forever.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 2, 2020 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
Three new witches! I already love with their personalities.

Witch of Envy whispering "I love you" was both creepy and satisfying AMSR.

Roswaal after the end credits?!

Sep 2, 2020 12:52 PM

Nov 2016

did anyone laugh to themselves when they saw this dress?
i've gotten used to anime clothing but how those this outfit work?
did she order a coat with a hole in the chest area for her breasts to fit through for some air?
vanillaskynetSep 2, 2020 12:57 PM
Sep 2, 2020 12:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I wonder why it is that so many shows get punished for having long info dumps, but Re:Zero gets praised for them? The episode started of with a 7 minute dialogue scene. Doesn't really make for dynamic viewing. Yes, I know it's not new for the series, but I still would like to see some more and hear less as part of the storytelling process.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 2, 2020 12:56 PM

Oct 2017
Satella really is witch of envy lol.

Even in Subaru's continuous world he couldn't shout Return by Death or else the outside world is doomed XD.

Jesus, just because he shouted Return by Death in Dona's world, Envy is going to end the world cuz she's so freaking jealous about Subaru cheating on her lolz.
Sep 2, 2020 12:59 PM

Mar 2020
Loved this episode!
This season is great, and that Satella asmr caught me off guard.
Sep 2, 2020 1:02 PM
Apr 2020
North25 said:
mr_aditya004 said:
Man with every episode re zero gets more and more interesting. This episode really gave me chili's. The episode was also bit suspense and thriller and we finally got to meet other three witches. I hope likewise we get get to other witches as well. Man I am really hyped about next weeks episode. Guess i will start reading light Novel

the ending of today s episode just started volume 12, perfect timing to jump onto the LN.
Thanks bro, I will Start reading LN from there
Sep 2, 2020 1:04 PM
Dec 2013
Farabeuf said:
I wonder why it is that so many shows get punished for having long info dumps, but Re:Zero gets praised for them? The episode started of with a 7 minute dialogue scene. Doesn't really make for dynamic viewing. Yes, I know it's not new for the series, but I still would like to see some more and hear less as part of the storytelling process.

it's a matter of WHEN to throw the info dumps. This was a perfect setting.

we already saw enough about Return By Death lol. By this point an exposition episode about the topic should be harmless
Sep 2, 2020 1:09 PM
Nov 2015
Oh yeah also for everyone here.

I recommend using headphones when witch of envy coming.

Her ASMR "I Love you" has very deeeeeeeeep effect in your ears.

Using speaker not recommended.
Sep 2, 2020 1:11 PM

Apr 2015
So many new character's faces this episode and so many questions or rather suspicions answered.

The other 3 witches were interesting. Can't say much about the first one, she was the least interesting out of the 3.

I didn't even consider that the Great Rabbit are classed as the same kind of creature as the white whale, as one witch, Witch of Gluttony Daphne, created them both. The reason for creating that rabbit though, that backfired much XD

Minverva, Witch of Wrath looked like a magical girl. Also feel like she resembles Beatrice a lot!

Once the Witch's tea pary is over and Subaru is back in the world, he gets face to face with Satella. My god that final "Aishiteru" was some good ASMR shit right there! That went through my headphones and send shivers down my back, holy shit!

That post credit scene.... I had a feeling Roswaal knows more than he's letting Subaru known..
Sep 2, 2020 1:12 PM
Apr 2017
Farabeuf said:

Because Re:Zero is about mysteries and you need answers and info to put the pieces together, it's about the timing as well you have to choose the right place to do it... Subaru literally broke down last episode because he could not figure out why all that madness was happening.

On the other side go to look God of Highschool which is a mess because they don't explain anything and it's just action.
Sep 2, 2020 1:14 PM

Jul 2014
Oh wow, these witches really stand out xD. Echidna is my best girl so far this season but Minerva sure left a good impression on me. I love her already <3!

And is that Nao Touyama who I hear as Daphne? YEEEEEESSSS!! Nice to hear her here too.

I didn't expect to see Satella and even less to see her so corporeal. And it seems that she is going for Petra and Rem... Oh well, I guess she is not the witch of envy for nothing xD.

That ending with Rosswall, so many mysteries... I love this show so much!
Sep 2, 2020 1:14 PM

Jan 2016
MAL should really implement a source readers thread. Maybe anime onlys would get spoiled less and us WN/LN readers could discuss without accidentally spoiling somethings
Sep 2, 2020 1:16 PM
Mar 2019
Very Great episode! Not as good as the last one, imo but wow, the end made me ask a LOT of questions... I got goosebumps when she appeared with this weird black goop. Rip Roswall x)

This season is just fantastic. Loving it!
Sep 2, 2020 1:17 PM
Mar 2015
Farabeuf said:

Adorelis said:
it's a matter of WHEN to throw the info dumps. This was a perfect setting.

That and you can also notice that there is a lot of "show" on top of the "tell" here. In case of new and, let's just say, fairly unique characters like the witches there is a lot to observe simply from their looks, their general behaviour.

Plus, Subaru really needs to talk at least this much for the whole thing to at least sort of make sense, since he honestly doesn't properly utilize the precious hoard of information that is Echidna (and the other witches). In the WN/LN there is more at least, but here, for now not even the most basic stuff has been touched upon, like "Echidna, how the hell are you and the other witches here in this place? Didn't the Witch of Envy swallow you? And besides the how, WHY are you here?".
Sep 2, 2020 1:25 PM

Apr 2020
Love the 3 new witches, but we need more Echidna! Also, did Daphne really create the White Whale and the Great Rabbit to be eaten by humanity in a effort to solve World Hunger??

Satella's appearance definitely caught me off guard. Roswaal is cultist? Why does he have a gospel?? I've always been suspicious of him but I didn't expect him to be holding a gospel.
Sep 2, 2020 1:28 PM

Mar 2016
Damn..... This episode was crazy! Also, how does Roswaal know about Return By Death?
Sep 2, 2020 1:32 PM
Mar 2015
QcDiablo said:
In the WN (LN draft), Daphne removes the blindfold off her left eye and looked at Subaru directly in the eyes. It caused him to be so hungry that he ate his own arm in a matter of seconds without realizing it. The WN also said that Daphne's left eye is much weaker than her right one.

However, this power of hers might not be canon (it could be altered despite Echidna telling Subaru not to make eye contact) anymore as the scene was removed in the LN.

My guess would be that more than it being changed (though details might be different later), it is a matter of being removed simply due to length constraints. To be fair, there does seem to be a "hole" there in the conversation when Daphne tells Subaru that "he'll understand what sort of world she and the rabbits live in" (and that after Echidna's warning) but the matter is not elaborated further. Though it may only be my own bias due to knowing what was there.
Sep 2, 2020 1:32 PM
Sep 2008
Only 1 surprising thing this episode, the witch of envy showing up. I was 100% convinced he had started the 2nd trial until garfield showed up and then roswaal confirming everything that I had guessed about him post credits.
Sep 2, 2020 1:34 PM
Sep 2008
anime-prime said:
Fantastic episode! A lot happened and a bunch of info was given. This season will definitely need a re-watch before moving on to the second cour.

Now the rabbit scene makes more sense and I assume that the serpent will appear later down the road.

The multiple times Subaru has been revived for this arc makes it really confusing about who is where and what there motives and allegiances are

Wondering if the serpent and the dragon are actually the same thing lol
Sep 2, 2020 1:36 PM
Mar 2015
RiceKnight59 said:
Roswaal is cultist? Why does he have a gospel?? I've always been suspicious of him but I didn't expect him to be holding a gospel.

Not any more than Beatrice would be, based on just that evidence. And we did in fact receive a semi-satisfactory explanation for her case (that admittedly came from Roswaal himself, though). Keep in mind he did say there were supposed to be two copies of the original Tome of Wisdom.
Sep 2, 2020 1:36 PM
Sep 2008
JULES_WK said:
We finally get answers!
Continuing with the tremendous talk between Subaru and Echidna, 3 new guests appear ... or rather 3 more witches !!
Now we know who created the white whale and the "tender" rabbits (and the reason is tremendous haha)

Great episode, and a top, top scene.

By the way, at the end there is an extra scene !!

wish she also had given her reasons for the serpent lol
Sep 2, 2020 1:38 PM

Jun 2016
We saw so many witches in this episode! and finally Satella too! (we barely saw her in the first season for some seconds).
Sep 2, 2020 1:40 PM
Jul 2019
Typhoon, Minerva and Daphne, I thought , Subarau was only to see Daphne so wtf????
Sep 2, 2020 1:40 PM

May 2019
oh so satella is emilia
I remember watching episode 1 the first time Subaru met Emilia. when subaru dies for the first time and checkpoint. and satella changed her nickname to emilia.
And suddenly Emilia didn't accept it when she was called Satella

Moreover Emilia suddenly disappeared when Subaru woke up, and Emilia did not wake Subaru.
I think Emilia's true form is Satella.
and during the first episode s1 Subaru thought and wanted to meet the girl who brought him to isekai suddenly Emilia/Satella came and saved Subaru. I think this is a clue that Satella is indeed Emilia

fachauliaSep 2, 2020 1:51 PM
"the greatest anime fight"

Sep 2, 2020 1:42 PM
Sep 2008
North25 said:
Garfiel: Ill be a good guy, ill be an antagonist fuck you i do what i want.
So... Satella s very pissed that she cant strangle Echidna right now meanwhile we also have Satella s witch tea Rave party introducing several witches at the same time, also Roswaal knows about return by death. All in all JUST ANOTHER DAY FOR THE SURVEY CORP... wait no i meant for Subaru.

Remember, Garfiel was only suspicious of subaru cause he reeked of the witch AND wanted to take over the trial. Now it's not like Garfiel can smell subaru's witch scent in particular since everything smells like the witch.
Sep 2, 2020 1:44 PM

Jun 2016
SPIDEY_rockzzzzz said:
Damn..... This episode was crazy! Also, how does Roswaal know about Return By Death?

We had doubts, but judging by his monologue in the end of the episode he knows about Subaru's power.
Sep 2, 2020 1:44 PM

May 2015
Your missing out on quality ASMR from satella if you're not using speakers.

Also, it seems all that shouting from the last episode has doomed the mansion and maybe this entire reset.
Sep 2, 2020 1:46 PM
Jul 2016
Araphaenon said:
QcDiablo said:
In the WN (LN draft), Daphne removes the blindfold off her left eye and looked at Subaru directly in the eyes. It caused him to be so hungry that he ate his own arm in a matter of seconds without realizing it. The WN also said that Daphne's left eye is much weaker than her right one.

However, this power of hers might not be canon (it could be altered despite Echidna telling Subaru not to make eye contact) anymore as the scene was removed in the LN.

My guess would be that more than it being changed (though details might be different later), it is a matter of being removed simply due to length constraints. To be fair, there does seem to be a "hole" there in the conversation when Daphne tells Subaru that "he'll understand what sort of world she and the rabbits live in" (and that after Echidna's warning) but the matter is not elaborated further. Though it may only be my own bias due to knowing what was there.

Here I noticed that the studio is still triyng to put echidna as a Sunshine of Subaru! Ofcourse if you pay attention on her words you will see that she is not!

If they put that scene of the eye! Would be a lot coller

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.