Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 6, 2020 11:12 PM

Feb 2017
Way better than anything i expected... Cygames studios did a really good job with the backgrounds & animation.
This has konosuba levels of funny in some scenes
Apr 6, 2020 11:24 PM
Sep 2019
Oh my the animation looks good
Apr 6, 2020 11:29 PM
Nov 2017
micktu said:
As much as I adored the game for past two years, this episode was a disappointment.

Can't tell if it's a good thing yet, but it focused on events outside of early events in the game or manga, which are virtually the same--which in turn means there was no meaningful plot. Also, no intrigue left, except for a beautiful flashback scene that barely took 5 seconds.

The tempo is ridiculous, and if you know nothing of the game, you would barely be able to makes sense of what the hell is this world at all, and what to expect of the plot. If you do, in fact, know the contents of the game, you can't help but notice that every character acts like a comedic idiot for no specific reason.

I assure you that the plot and the characters are incredible in the original work, but I'm not sure what to expect of the anime version. I'll keep my hopes up, especially after learning that this, in fact, comes from the director of KonoSuba.

Time will tell.

So is this a harem anime or all the girls will want to protect him but no love between them
Apr 7, 2020 12:11 AM

Jun 2011
nightcrawlercyp said:
Ahegyao said:

As someone who knows the source, if he already thinks it's "gay" I don't think this anime is going to change his mind. Look up his profile. Princess Connect is basically Kryptonite to him.

There are a lot of problems with the story: 1. too many female warriors. Unless you have a different system to procreate like in one anime were they are born from a tree, you cannot have so many women having life threatening occupations or occupations that might cause them to miss the fertility window. That is why modern world is dying.
2.the two thieves act really unmanly
3.what man eats crepes?
4. even if one loses his memories he will not revert to the age of a toddler

Also while I am honored for you looking at my profile I am curious what from it made you say this type of anime is my kryptonite. I have a varied list of anime including seinen shojo shounnen and others. There are two things I hate in anime: extremely unrealistic settings and anime that try to feed you propaganda.

I can usually tell if someone would like/dislike a certain anime based on empirical data like top anime, avatars and someone's complaints/praises from their opinions. And from the evidence I've gathered, it may be the smarter choice for you to just walk away because Priconnect will keep this style straight until the end. You could subvert my conclusion by keeping an open mind however. It's your choice really.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Apr 7, 2020 12:22 AM

Jun 2017
L-Mo-Reppin said:

So is this a harem anime or all the girls will want to protect him but no love between them

There are some who end up liking the MC for what he has done to them but he doesn't return it back for pretty good reasons though. The "harem"ness of the series actually has an explanation but I won't go too much into it. I just don't like how they stemmed out from the original flow on the first episode.

Apr 7, 2020 2:16 AM
Nov 2019
Looks good - obvious Konasuba influences on the characters and artwork. plot seems kinda empty at the moment.

best bit was the wolves dragging the MC away at every opportunity.
Apr 7, 2020 2:20 AM
Jul 2016
Idk anything about the game, but I have to admit this first eps did a good job to make me want to play the game. Aside that, it's refreshing to watch such a comedy fantasy isekai anime while waiting for the next season of Konosuba.

The visual quality is consistently good. The music fit with the easygoing and comedic theme. And the waifu are legit cute. The main heroine voice by Itou Miku which is no wonder she is cute. I'm expecting more.

While I understand some people complain about how dumb and blant is the MC, I think that's also the strong point for this eps, considering how all the dumb scene he is involved in will trigger the heroine to react in cute manner and funny. Somehow this remind me of Konosuba, while I understand both are just different.

In konosuba, usually the heroine are the dumb ones instead of the mc, while MC will react to make the scene into a funny one, instead of the heroine. I know that's not always the case, it just what usually happens and let's take it as example. To compare it, I just felt Konosuba tried to make the scene into funny and sometime erotic, which is fit to our horny MC (Kazuma) to react about it. And in other case, Kazuma will just react based common sense instead, which make the scene relateable to our humour sense. That's usually the approach that happen.

Meanwhile in this eps the role are reverse, and the approach is different from konosuba... which is MOEness. Right they just want to make a comedy based one Moe as the theme. And they did it really good. If you're not into this kind moe in the first place that's fine. Meanwhile I just hope the MC will have more development in his character later.
Apr 7, 2020 2:45 AM

May 2019
A pretty generic start; nothing really stood out (except that UHD grass lmao). I'll watch the series, but it seems like it's not trying to be anything more than a cute comical fantasy anime, which is fine.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 7, 2020 3:32 AM

Oct 2017
Ohta08 said:
I love how the mc barely talks, just like in the game
I fckin hate that mc
Ohta08 said:
I love how the mc barely talks, just like in the game
I fckin hate that mc

Yes! Weirdest case of amnesia....looks like he's been reduced to a halfwit xD he can barely keep himself from drooling
Apr 7, 2020 3:35 AM

May 2012
This show is garbage.
Apr 7, 2020 4:49 AM
Oct 2017
Had no idea En escaped dorohedoro with his mushrooms to invade other anime to finish his biography.
Apr 7, 2020 4:50 AM

Jun 2017
liamhabib said:
But it seems like it's not trying to be anything more than a cute comical fantasy anime, which is fine.

Famous last words my friend~ soontm

I just hope the anime covers everything...
DrGremoryApr 7, 2020 5:11 AM

Apr 7, 2020 5:26 AM

May 2019
DrGremory said:
liamhabib said:
But it seems like it's not trying to be anything more than a cute comical fantasy anime, which is fine.

Famous last words my friend~ soontm

I just hope the anime covers everything...

I've got a policy to never drop an anime as well, so if it turns out like fairy gone did... yikes

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.

Itachi Uchiha
Apr 7, 2020 6:20 AM
Dec 2012
liamhabib said:
I'll watch the series, but it seems like it's not trying to be anything more than a cute comical fantasy anime, which is fine.

There's so much stuff I want to describe about this thing which I obviously can't because the spoiler territory will probably cover the whole of the Earth and then some.

It's just that... Most of the things about this world are not what they seem.

What I want to point out as well is that the game is written by an accomplished light novel writer going by the name Akira(日日日)and the original writing is excellent. And this is not even an original game, it's a reboot of a game he also wrote.
micktuApr 7, 2020 6:25 AM
Apr 7, 2020 6:56 AM
Sep 2018
micktu said:
I'll keep my hopes up, especially after learning that this, in fact, comes from the director of KonoSuba.

Time will tell.

Now that you said it was from the Konosuba director a lot of stuff makes sense now lol

Agreed though, it's hard to really tell much from just one episode but I'm liking it so far
Apr 7, 2020 8:01 AM

May 2019
micktu said:
liamhabib said:
I'll watch the series, but it seems like it's not trying to be anything more than a cute comical fantasy anime, which is fine.

There's so much stuff I want to describe about this thing which I obviously can't because the spoiler territory will probably cover the whole of the Earth and then some.

It's just that... Most of the things about this world are not what they seem.

What I want to point out as well is that the game is written by an accomplished light novel writer going by the name Akira(日日日)and the original writing is excellent. And this is not even an original game, it's a reboot of a game he also wrote.

should be pretty interesting, then; I was just basing the assumption off of the world-building I'd seen so far

Itachi Uchiha
Apr 7, 2020 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
Can I skip tutorial please?
Apr 7, 2020 11:43 AM
May 2016
Very good, loved it. Genki Peko peko girl was fun and the elf was super cute.
Apr 7, 2020 11:56 AM

Oct 2014
I see what they're trying to do with the MC.
Pretty nice idea in itself, but there are still a few parts where the MC didn't really have to say anything (the narrative can just flow as it is) and there are also a few parts where the MC should have given us hints.

well, once they get the execution right, it should be great (as long as people don't expect stuff they should have known they wouldn't get here).
Apr 7, 2020 12:24 PM
Jul 2015
Wow so many cute girls.........including this one:

This show is indeed lots of fun :)
Apr 7, 2020 1:17 PM

Jan 2017
This was THE cutest and well animated trio of retards that I have ever seen in an anime! Bonus points for the derp wolfs!

I hope that they didn't blow 90% of budget on this 1st episode as with most of game adaptation :(
Apr 7, 2020 4:14 PM
May 2017
I'm confused by people saying that the episode was unfunny or hard to follow. I thought it was hilarious.
Apr 7, 2020 6:19 PM

Jun 2017
Dudi4PoLFr said:

I hope that they didn't blow 90% of budget on this 1st episode as with most of game adaptation :(

The whole game is made up of anime-tier cutscenes, skills and event ED songs to the point people confuse it for an anime so an actual anime isn't that much of a problem for Cygames' budget. Priconne (game) is pretty much known for the quality and budget it has. You can go and give their cutscenes a look if you want.

micktu said:
And this is not even an original game, it's a reboot of a game he also wrote.

I see it more of as a sequel given we continued off from the bad ending of the first game and how lore is already built in and slowly "remembered" as the series went by.

Apr 7, 2020 7:13 PM
Mar 2020
I think it's a bit too soon to judge the anime, the first episode was really funny and i enjoyed it a lot.
I don't think it's fair to judge the anime for now considering not even all of the main characters have been introduced nor has the plot been explained yet plus there has not been an end goal set either, and this was really an episode focusing on the character building of kokoro (which has made me adore her, she's so freaking cute!).
Overall I can't wait for the next episode, and I think it did a good job of making me laugh, especially with that little mushroom that wanted to eat kokoro, that was so funny to me.
Apr 7, 2020 7:33 PM

Nov 2010
Come to think of it, it might be unexpectedly rare to see the mouth like Miffy in anime shows. The show itself is boring as is often the case with the shows based on games.
Apr 7, 2020 7:57 PM
Jun 2015
Do I need to watch something before this?
Apr 7, 2020 9:29 PM
Aug 2018
I wanna see if I’m the minority here but I’m curious, I know the MC is a fucking dumbass but does anyone else like him anyway because I don’t know why but he grew on me pretty quickly
Apr 7, 2020 9:50 PM
Dec 2012
DrGremory said:
I see it more of as a sequel given we continued off from the bad ending of the first game and how lore is already built in and slowly "remembered" as the series went by.

I didn't mention that because that's a minor spoiler as well.

Black_Sensei said:
Do I need to watch something before this?

Nah, it's supposed to be self sufficient. What takes place in the first episode are events in-between what actually happens in the game intro.

You can try that if you're curious about what actually happens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taYAKF-7nE0&list=PLXN0cGPmelN7inSoFj9tmtDio-w_5-Zk8

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 14, 2020 8:15 AM
Apr 8, 2020 12:17 AM

Aug 2013
I never play the game but Pricone main 3 chars always one of my favorite design
so this show is a pleasure in my eyes

also Kokkoro makes my ding ding dong
Apr 8, 2020 10:43 AM

Nov 2012
Kokkoro best girl
MC is retarded af, cant blame him with no memories

My Candies:

Apr 8, 2020 1:30 PM
Mar 2019
nightcrawlercyp said:
Ahegyao said:

There are a lot of problems with the story: 1. too many female warriors. Unless you have a different system to procreate like in one anime were they are born from a tree, you cannot have so many women having life threatening occupations or occupations that might cause them to miss the fertility window. That is why modern world is dying.
3.what man eats crepes?

take your male pride elsewhere man.. girls are allowed to join the army, thieves aren't very "manly" to begin with. I think it's very gay and retarded of you to use "gay" and "retarded" as derogatory terms..

also, I'm a straight dude, but you can wake me up at night for a delicious crepe and a hot coco... if you feel like you need to miss out on things like that because it's not "manly" enough.. I feel sorry for you
RodawiApr 8, 2020 1:33 PM
Apr 8, 2020 3:09 PM

Jun 2011
eddiejjj said:
Holy shit are these characters obnoxious. Basing your characters off cliche tropes doesn't make up for poor writing. It's a shame too, I like the look of the show.

The hell were you expecting? LOGH? Next time read up on what you watch so you don't end up getting burned.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Apr 8, 2020 4:49 PM

Oct 2017
I know nothing about the game, but this seems quite fun.
timzki said:
Kokoro's mouth really looks like a butthole

You should look up Eugene from the Preacher tv show...
:P
Apr 8, 2020 9:13 PM

Nov 2014
RainyShadow said:
I know nothing about the game, but this seems quite fun.
timzki said:
Kokoro's mouth really looks like a butthole

You should look up Eugene from the Preacher tv show...
:P

I just did and I see the resemblance with Kokoro
Apr 9, 2020 12:10 AM

Dec 2016
If this show can maintain this level of animation and art quality for the rest of the season I'll probably come back to watch it
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 9, 2020 3:47 AM

May 2018
lol Yuuki is about to have a massive harem
Apr 9, 2020 3:47 AM

Jun 2014
Is this anime's score a joke or something? It's way, way too high for how bad it is.

And I though Bungou to Alchemist was the worst anime this season, sadly this one gets the crown now.
Apr 9, 2020 4:20 AM

Aug 2012
Rodawi said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

3.what man eats crepes?

take your male pride elsewhere man.. girls are allowed to join the army, thieves aren't very "manly" to begin with. I think it's very gay and retarded of you to use "gay" and "retarded" as derogatory terms..

also, I'm a straight dude, but you can wake me up at night for a delicious crepe and a hot coco... if you feel like you need to miss out on things like that because it's not "manly" enough.. I feel sorry for you

1. yes girls are allowed to join the army but people die because of that because what is most important in the army is physical strength and endurance. An average healthy guy is two times as strong and can endure two times as much hardships than the strongest woman. A soldier needs to be at least 4 times stronger. Let's not talk about getting pregnant or having to pee in the grass which are army life realities.
2. thieves may not be manly by some standards but I did not see a lot of effeminate thieves. They generally die during their first theft if they are. Being effeminate does not make one prone to taking risks.
3. gay as derogatory term. Maybe I should have used effeminate but anything is offensive to people like you. Yes I know that being gay is a serious disease but that was not the point.
4. Yes it is derogatory and should be. People that have no health problems and act like people with mental disabilities should be insulted for the simple reason their laziness or bad habits (drugs/alcohol) generally prevent them from enhancing their ability to enhance their intellect.
5. you miss the point entirely. But it probably shows you have low testosterone. Some foods increase your testosterone some decrease it . Also interesting enough you normally crave for foods that increase it because it is good for your health. Chocolate tends to decrease it a lot. More than that sugar excesses tend to ravage your body even more so if you are a man. Eating crepes and at night might send you up for to a diabetic future
Apr 9, 2020 6:34 AM

Mar 2010
Really weak first episode. I'm actually fine with mute MC but he is not interesting enough to carry this show. Weak dialogue, weak directing and really shallow character so far. The only good part is joke and that only got like a smile out of me.

Also, why does this first episode directing really feels JRPG-like? Like damn, it really feels unnatural. It's like the way they talk when in battle is directly taken from the game itself. I didn't even know that this series is a game at first and I realized this from the episode itself.
Apr 9, 2020 7:09 AM
Mar 2019
nightcrawlercyp said:

1. yes girls are allowed to join the army but people die because of that because what is most important in the army is physical strength and endurance. An average healthy guy is two times as strong and can endure two times as much hardships than the strongest woman. A soldier needs to be at least 4 times stronger. Let's not talk about getting pregnant or having to pee in the grass which are army life realities.
2. thieves may not be manly by some standards but I did not see a lot of effeminate thieves. They generally die during their first theft if they are. Being effeminate does not make one prone to taking risks.
3. gay as derogatory term. Maybe I should have used effeminate but anything is offensive to people like you. Yes I know that being gay is a serious disease but that was not the point.
4. Yes it is derogatory and should be. People that have no health problems and act like people with mental disabilities should be insulted for the simple reason their laziness or bad habits (drugs/alcohol) generally prevent them from enhancing their ability to enhance their intellect.
5. you miss the point entirely. But it probably shows you have low testosterone. Some foods increase your testosterone some decrease it . Also interesting enough you normally crave for foods that increase it because it is good for your health. Chocolate tends to decrease it a lot. More than that sugar excesses tend to ravage your body even more so if you are a man. Eating crepes and at night might send you up for to a diabetic future

We do agree on one thing:
My lack of testosterone is probably the reason why I am unable to take you seriously.

What we don't agree on is whether that's a good or a bad thing. I hope you have a good day
Apr 9, 2020 1:17 PM

Feb 2015
Very good first episode, love the animation and I think this series might be pretty funny. I keep thinking of konosuba when watching the interaction between the different characters. It gave me a pretty good feeling about it.

The wolves part was pretty funny and I only wish there was more ecchi stuff to top it out.
"Miharu denki desu"
Apr 9, 2020 1:42 PM

Apr 2015
I'm glad Izumo Miyako-nano will appear in this anime based on the ending... Pudding-chan is 100% my best girl...

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Apr 9, 2020 5:23 PM

Oct 2007
Ok, that was better than I expected. Kokkoro is funny, and those wolves remind of the hyenas from Lion King. :p

mentally challenged male lead, so I guess this would be a bit entertaining.

Pekorin so strong she destroy the sword she used. I wonder what episode she would recover her real sword?

And lastly, I'm glad this anime did not quickly devolve into another OP, self-insert male MC running the show. He at least starts off weak and has to work his way from there.

6/10
Liddo-kunApr 10, 2020 12:00 AM
Apr 9, 2020 6:31 PM
Sep 2018
as someone who never played the game (but know of this show through degeneracy means) this was a fun and wholesome episode. this feels like a konosuba spin-off, considering it was the same director but also just the overall world design. i loved it. would keep watching if it keeps the wholesome and fun side of it. it looks pretty too, tho the cg grass lmao and why was pecorine in cg on the preview thingy? i didnt expect much from game anime adaptations based on the previous ones but this is good. honestly dont care about the lore as much, and if this is supposed to be promotional material, it works cause now i feel like playing the game even though idk anything about it, and this is just the first episode.
Apr 11, 2020 12:08 AM

Mar 2009
Cygames certainly made sure this had a high quality production. Nice animation.
Apr 11, 2020 2:52 PM

Oct 2007
I heard the guy who directed Konosuba is also working on this.

looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 11, 2020 4:03 PM
Aug 2018
Cazador75 said:
Is this anime's score a joke or something? It's way, way too high for how bad it is.

And I though Bungou to Alchemist was the worst anime this season, sadly this one gets the crown now.

If you looked at other comments you’d see that for the majority people seem to like this anime so your the minority here, nothing wrong with that but knowing that you shouldn’t ask stupid questions involving why you don’t agree with the score of a series
Apr 12, 2020 12:44 AM

Sep 2016
Welp, looks like this anime's MC will be hated.
He starts from blank, will have depelopment, but somehow people will still call him cardboard.
I call it the "Sieg syndrome".

In any case.
Quite generic ep 1.
Quite funny.
Orange hair girl is annoying.

For some reason I thought the girl with orange hair was the main girl, but she got introduced later, and it focused more on the elf girl.
I mean, the cover clearly shows her on front so it's probably like that. But I thank the studio for the screentime difference since I find her a little annoying =D
And now we're missing one character from the poster. I got some spoilers about stuff, and I'm really interested in seeing her too.

Animation is really really good though.
That scene at the start...the grass almost seemed real.
Nice bright colors overall.
Consistent design.
Nice fight scenes.

We'll see how it continues.
FullyChargedApr 12, 2020 12:59 AM
bruh
Apr 12, 2020 7:02 AM

May 2009
Comedy was fun but holy shit animation was so good, I didn't expect we get another smartphoneshit adaptation with good animation right after FGO Babylonia. Shironeko Project and Shachou look meh and are boring.
Apr 12, 2020 11:22 AM
Dec 2012
Don't look at character cast names, they are spoilers ;)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» This anime isn't funny

Keanan88 - Jun 11, 2020

35 by wildhood »»
May 24, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2020

81 by Nocturne12 »»
Nov 7, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2020

132 by Nocturne12 »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2020

106 by TanzimFarhad »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:52 AM

» adaptation

Nickthegreat - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Whyyouask »»
Aug 7, 2023 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.