Forum Settings
Forums

Arc you didn't like from the anime you loved?

New
Mar 15, 2020 3:50 PM

Jul 2019
You know, I love Bleach. I like the power system, most of the cast, Shinigami squads and Urahara. But I like to pretend that Fullbringer arc never existed. Have you ever felt that way?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 15, 2020 3:52 PM

Jul 2014
The Green Island arc is the only thing preventing me from giving Hunter x Hunter a 10. Most of it is pretty mediocre.
Take care of yourself

Mar 15, 2020 6:12 PM

Sep 2015
The lizard village arc from Overlord. World building is often a plus, but I feel like it dragged on for too long as it personally didn't interest me too much.
Mar 15, 2020 6:13 PM

Nov 2019
Entirety of the first 8 episodes of Clannad Afterstory.
Mar 15, 2020 6:20 PM

Aug 2018
Oreo_Cheesecake said:

Yeah those episodes felt like cutting room floor rejects from season 1.
Mar 15, 2020 6:33 PM

Nov 2011
Eureka Seven AO, Zoku Owarimonogatari, Madoka: Rebellion.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 15, 2020 6:33 PM
Jun 2015
One Piece. Dressrosa. Now I'm speaking of the anime here not the manga. Firstly, animation was shit through most of this arc, and then Rebbecca the boob warrior Gladiator. Jesus Toei lay off the fuckin fanservice. And last but not least the shittu pacing was so bad they adapted ONE page for 3 episodes like wtf Toei? It had a couple good moments, but overall it was boring as shit.
Mar 15, 2020 6:36 PM
Do those couple of Mao episodes from Geass count as an arc? Those were absolutely terrible.

Other than that, the first arc of Boogiepop 2019 was unbelievably butchered. Quite a shame, since the rest of the show was extremely good.
Mar 15, 2020 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
The 2nd One Piece arc with the clown is awful and as someone above me said the Lizard arc in Overlord. Not so much because it was bad but because it was way too long.

EDIT: Didn't realize the title said 'anime you loved' I hated One Piece so ignore that part ( Ν‘° ΝœΚ– Ν‘°)
removed-userMar 15, 2020 6:46 PM
Mar 15, 2020 7:06 PM

Jan 2020
Iron Land in Naruto Shippuden. It's good in the beginning with Sasuke's invasion, but when Naruto vs Sasuke starts, it's very annoying with those flashbacks and talk

Mar 15, 2020 7:15 PM

Dec 2016
Garlick Jr arc in DBZ was so worthless. Thankfully it's just a filler arc that can be totally ignored.
Mar 15, 2020 7:20 PM

Mar 2018
The Bount arc from bleach was so painful I came close to just skipping it.
Mar 15, 2020 7:27 PM

Jan 2019
Ghost Ryokan from Gintama

Didn't like Greed Island as much as the other parts of HxH 2011
Mar 15, 2020 7:38 PM

Jul 2017
The whole fourth season of My Hero Academia. I don't care what the arc is called, but it should be called the aftermath. Because it is just the pieces that are left after three fantastic seasons that all lead up to
Mar 15, 2020 7:42 PM

Sep 2018
Pyramid scheme arc from welcome to the NHK, while it did set the way for a very emotional scene
overall I wasn’t too into it and the animation quality noticeably dropped a bit too.
Mar 15, 2020 7:48 PM

Nov 2017
shane_nichols said:
One Piece. Dressrosa. Now I'm speaking of the anime here not the manga. Firstly, animation was shit through most of this arc, and then Rebbecca the boob warrior Gladiator. Jesus Toei lay off the fuckin fanservice. And last but not least the shittu pacing was so bad they adapted ONE page for 3 episodes like wtf Toei? It had a couple good moments, but overall it was boring as shit.

well, i guess they're making up for it with the quality of the current arc
they've put a shit ton of money on animating wano and making it one of the best looking arcs the anime has to offer
Mar 15, 2020 8:18 PM

Sep 2008
the middle arc of utena, I feel it didn't add anything to the story. please correct me if I'm wrong on this. (aside from the prince stuff)
ι¦¬ιΉΏγ’γŸε€«η†γ€€ε…¨ιƒ¨γ‚¬γƒ©γ‚―γ‚Ώγ§
Mar 15, 2020 8:27 PM

May 2016
One of the most infamous examples--the African Island arc of Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water.

That show would be a near-flawless classic if not for those episodes.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Mar 15, 2020 8:48 PM
Feb 2020
Not a big fan of the fish man island arc in one piece, but it seems a lot of people agree with that.

I’m not a huge fan of the Android arc in DBZ, either.
Mar 15, 2020 9:03 PM

Nov 2019
Silent Party Arc from Railgun S. It was also non-canon! Karen Bee Arc, Tsukihi Phoenix Arc, Shinobu Mail Arc from the Monogatari series... They just aren't as engaging as the rest of the amazing story.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Mar 15, 2020 9:10 PM

Jun 2012
I never liked the Chimera Ant arc because of the narrator.

And the whole Dressrosa arc as well, because of Toei 2.0, I dropped the anime.
Mar 15, 2020 9:13 PM

Dec 2016
it's not that i DISliked it, but the Buu Saga had so much potential for new interesting things but in the end they just made it the Goku show again and kinda did all the other characters dirty lol
Mar 15, 2020 10:26 PM
Oct 2012
The first two arcs of Yu-Gi-Oh GX.
How am I supposed to tell people GX is a masterpiece if it takes 100 episodes to get there?
Mar 15, 2020 10:54 PM
Jan 2012
I hesitate to say I didn't like it as I just don't like it as much as the rest of the franchise, Stardust Crusaders from Jojo. I actually liked part 1 better, despite the fact that I love how Stardust Crusaders introduced Stands they were very boring, and as much as I love how goofy of a character Dio is, he's not written well, and I can't look back on him with any kind of fondness after we get so many amazing villains starting from part 4. During my Jojo rewatches I always skip part 3. I love Jotaro's design to death, I think appearance-wise he is the best Jojo, but personality-wise I think he's the most boring with all the other Jojos considered boring having something that redeems themselves in my eyes.
Mar 15, 2020 11:48 PM

Jul 2019
Hunter Exam in Hunter x Hunter. It was the worst arc in my opinion but it still is okay
Most of the second half of Death Note when near appeared.
Some fights in Hajime No Ippo. Like Ippo was Gero-Michi
One of the Higurashi arcs in the first season.
The first arcs of DBS
Lizard man arc in Overlord.
Punk Hazard in One Piece

Most of these aren't probably arcs but I still didn't like them that much.
Mar 16, 2020 5:44 AM

Oct 2018
Endless Eight & The Adventures of Mikuru from Haruhi Suzumiya. Dislike is an understatement. Tsukimonogatari is the only monogatari arc that I honestly can't recall what happened & I don't particularly like it as much as the others.
~Spiritual Healing~

Mar 16, 2020 5:48 AM

Dec 2016
YeeYeeAss said:
Hunter Exam in Hunter x Hunter. It was the worst arc in my opinion but it still is okay

That's because you've only watched the lifeless 2011 version. Try the 1999 version, where it was way beyond just "okay"
Mar 16, 2020 5:50 AM
Jul 2018
Near's arc in Death Note is absolute shit
Mar 16, 2020 5:58 AM
Jul 2018
ThatRazorGuy said:
The Green Island arc is the only thing preventing me from giving Hunter x Hunter a 10. Most of it is pretty mediocre.

I was also gonna say this arc, it seems way too light and childish after the York Shin arc x)

Nefelupitou said:
I think it's kinda cliche, but I don't like Greed Island.

It's not like it's bad, but I just don't like that much.

And it happens between York Shin and Chimera Ants, two of the best arcs in history

haha I totally agree, the Greed Island arc seems kinda off between these two masterpieces!
Mar 16, 2020 6:02 AM
May 2019
Green island from hunterxhunter. I gave it a 10 because i pretended it didnt exist lol. I would say the bount arc from bleach but again for me it doesnt exist. fishman arc from one piece and silent party from a scientific railgun s. i would also say the whole season 4 of mha because the quality of the seasons went up every season until season 3 but then they couldnt top it off.
Zealox23Mar 16, 2020 6:07 AM
Mar 16, 2020 6:07 AM
May 2019
NamikazeHime said:
You know, I love Bleach. I like the power system, most of the cast, Shinigami squads and Urahara. But I like to pretend that Fullbringer arc never existed. Have you ever felt that way?
oh! so nice to meet a fellow bleach fan!
Mar 16, 2020 6:19 AM

Oct 2019
NamikazeHime said:

Same, but I would have stopped with the powerspikes right about the Hueco Mundo-Arc, personally. Kinda loses it's splendor, when it's always some kind of final-final-thistimeforreal-final-form, that wins the day.

But to each their own.

For me it was the last Arc of the Soul Eater Anime. That shit stank to high heaven. I'd love for them to re-do that one with the proper manga storyline.
Mar 16, 2020 6:24 AM

Sep 2019
The obvious answer for this question is endless eight.

Edit : Everyone says that greed island arc is the worst, but to hell with that, i like the Razor vs Gon dodgeball duel. That's like the best thing in this arc, with hisoka teaming up and almost on the verge of realizing "FRIENDSHIP", it really makes me wonder if Hisoka could've taken a different path and stop being a battle maniac (and a pedophile). The battle with genthru and the gang was decent but it wasn't all that bad at least. And it was worthwhile to see Gon and Killua going through training in this game, imo, at least.

Honestly, the only thing that disappoints me is the fact that not all of the game developer is introduced in this arc.
White_HollowMar 16, 2020 6:34 AM

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Mar 16, 2020 6:26 AM
Dec 2019
The Fairy Dance arc of Sword Art Online. while it had it's good moments, the arc as a whole was Shit. Chances are that this arc is the reason people look down on SAO.
Mar 16, 2020 6:28 AM

Jan 2018
just when I thought there wouldn't be a disastrous arc that can top bount arc, then came fullbringer arc. Overall I'm devastated after aizen vs ichigo concluded it felt empty. in an attempt to fill the emptiness fullbringer failed to do so.

for dragon ball I skipped buu saga, if I know about it then it mostly came from dragon ball game cutscenes. it's the reason why I don't know who is uub lol.
Mar 16, 2020 6:40 AM

Aug 2019
I actually liked the Greed Island arc. For me, the worst one was Heaven's Arena, even though it was still okay.

Oreo_Cheesecake said:

Definitely this.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Mar 16, 2020 7:08 AM

Oct 2014
I guess Greed Island arc like a lot of people here. I watched HxH with a friend and we both were bored by this arc and just wanted it to be over. There were some nice scenes but overall.... nah.
I also didn't like the Daily life arc in Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, it was just plain boring and the comedy was cringe. Tbh I only continued reading because I knew there would be story/action in later chapters.
And I'm not the biggest fan of the Fish-man Island arc in One Piece, idk why but it wasn't that interesting to me.
Mar 16, 2020 7:46 AM
Feb 2017
Greed Island in HxH - Instead of using the good characters in the show (Phantom Troupe, Kurapika, Leorio) we get a forgettable villain and a dodgeball game with Hisoka

Fishman Island in One Piece - Worst Villains ever in OP Hody Jones and his gang, only good thing about this arc is a flashback and some scenes at the ending but that's standart for OP Arcs endings

Shinobu Mail in Owarimonogatari - Only arc in Monogatari that i didn't binge watch, watched all the way to this arc non stop and then stoped for a week after reaching this arc cuz it bored me a little
Mar 16, 2020 10:00 AM

Jan 2019
Ouzen Arc from Made in Abyss, it felt like a waste of time and I wanted them to get back to exploring the abyss.

Yotsugi Doll from Tsukimonogatari, Yotsugi is my least favorite character in the Monogatari series and the arc was pretty boring.

Tatarigoroshi-hen from Higurashi (3rd arc) because child abuse is hard to watch

The pyramid scheme arc and the online gaming arc from Welcome to the NHK because Satou acted like a simpleton in this section

The summer vacation arc from Toradora just because I didn't enjoy it.

The alliance of the golden witch arc from Umineko because Ange's existence made me sad and I kinda hated her attitude until twilight, it just felt like there was a lot of unnecessary information

Oregairu, the arc where hachiman helps Iroha in planning the christmas thing because it felt like nothing happened for like 3 eps and also it felt overly melodramatic.
Hunter x Hunter is a 1/10
Mar 16, 2020 10:18 AM

May 2013
Takuto_Shindou said:
How am I supposed to tell people GX is a masterpiece if it takes 100 episodes to get there?

Hey, once the seven starts arc actually starts I would say it gets good. Atleast I found the sub plot about alchemy and then dueling an old man in a spider robot to be entertaining.

β™‘ Harder Daddy β™‘
Mar 16, 2020 10:32 AM
Oct 2012
Alpha_Trannery said:
Takuto_Shindou said:

Hey, once the seven starts arc actually starts I would say it gets good. Atleast I found the sub plot about alchemy and then dueling an old man in a spider robot to be entertaining.
It's better than Judai nearly losing a duel against a monkey
Mar 16, 2020 10:33 AM

Dec 2008
Seconding Garlic Jr.

I did not much like Grand Championship arc of Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters, despite the series having other "filler" arcs that I did like quite a bit (Noah's virtual world, Orichalchos).

I liked the first Haruhi series but avoided the one with the Endless 8 because of what I heard.
Mar 16, 2020 10:39 AM
Jun 2017
Chairman Election Arc (Hunter X Hunter) - Along with the loophole of Alluka's wish granting's limitations being extremely contrived, the time spent on the election itself is made pointless when neither of the two main candidates end up becoming chairman (the winner dropping out immediately for fun).
Mar 16, 2020 12:09 PM

May 2013
Takuto_Shindou said:
Alpha_Trannery said:

It's better than Judai nearly losing a duel against a monkey

True, those early eps were awful. Absolutely awful.

β™‘ Harder Daddy β™‘
Mar 16, 2020 12:10 PM

Nov 2019
zoldyck arc from hxh was kinda neat but it just kinda went nowhere tbh
don't hate it though
misato > asuka > rei
Mar 16, 2020 12:13 PM

Aug 2015
Sword of Akasha arc from Geass R2.
I love Geass but that arc was preachy and dumb. It didn't fit the tone of Geass.
Mar 16, 2020 12:16 PM

Jul 2016
La_diablesa said:
I actually liked the Greed Island arc. For me, the worst one was Heaven's Arena, even though it was still okay.

I agree,even though heaven’s area was pretty important because it introduced Nen,it feels significantly underwhelming when you compare it to the arc that comes after it.
Mar 16, 2020 12:16 PM

Oct 2017
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favourite anime but the last two arcs aren't very good outside the last episode which at least gave a satisfying conclusion. It goes from 87 episodes of god tier storytelling to the last 22 being kinda meh.
Mar 16, 2020 12:20 PM

Mar 2020
Yu Yu Hakusho. The Chapter Black Saga. I didn't like how they told us that Sensui is SO MUCH stronger than Toguro. It felt like Togashi was trying to hard to sell this character to the audience. Other than that I liked the arc, but he somewhat ruined it for me.
Mar 16, 2020 12:29 PM

Apr 2019

That filler boat arc in Naruto: Shippuden where they need to get to the village hidden in the clouds......it just kept going and going.....
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What makes a waifu waifu?

SgtBateMan - 13 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
8 minutes ago

» Other than rewatching, what can you do when you want to watch the next season of an anime you forgot most of the previous season?

thewiru - 4 hours ago

8 by RainyEvenings »»
14 minutes ago

» If you could have 1 anime get licenced what would pick?

RareAnimeHunter - 2 hours ago

4 by RainyEvenings »»
24 minutes ago

» What anime studio has the best track record for consistent bangers? ( 1 2 )

Reshiram_IX - Sep 20

57 by MeguSae38 »»
33 minutes ago

» What do you think of split POV in romance anime?

Quadruple_Oi - 6 hours ago

11 by MeguSae38 »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.