Forum Settings
Forums

What anime studio has the best track record for consistent bangers?

New
Sep 20, 3:25 PM

May 2016
Which studio has the best track record in producing quality anime? Personally I think A1 Pictures is a really underrated studio
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 20, 3:36 PM

Oct 2020
I think GOLD BEAR has a pretty good track record as a company. Just banger after banger.
Sep 20, 3:36 PM

Mar 2019
Kyoto Animation is my pick. Almost never miss.
Sep 20, 3:46 PM

Apr 2020
In recent years, I've really been liking C2C
Their adaptations of Moonlit Fantasy, Reincarnated as a Sword, Handyman Saitou, Edomae Elf, and Shangri-La frontier have been generally awesome!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/605/C2C

I also really like P.A. Works. I wouldn't say they've been releasing banger after banger, but as a studio I think they have a decently liberal and friendly reputation. You can tell, based on their works, that the staff in that company more or less enjoy their job or projects. They also handle unique narratives and topics quite well. Such as: Ya boy Kongming!, Mayonaka Punch, Skip and Loafer, Sakura Quest, Another, Shirobako, and more!

https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/132/PA_Works
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Sep 20, 3:52 PM

Jun 2016
Shaft's animation quality is consistently shit but their projects are consistently good.
Reshiram_IX said:
Personally I think A1 Pictures is a really underrated studio

I would disagree. They are pretty reliable when it comes to sales figures although granted I stopped paying attention to sales years ago so things might be different now.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 20, 4:04 PM

Jul 2009
BunnyWalker, Collaboration Works, Mary Jane and Pink Pineapple.

The only reliable names in this industry.
Sep 20, 4:08 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to AniMarter
Kyoto Animation is my pick. Almost never miss.
@AniMarter The baby Hitler time machine hypothetical but to stop Tsurune from being animated
This post has been fact checked
by peer reviewed sources!
Sep 20, 4:14 PM

Sep 2017
I'd go with Wit Studio. They're the goat
خ
Sep 20, 4:17 PM

May 2015
Reply to Dienen
@AniMarter The baby Hitler time machine hypothetical but to stop Tsurune from being animated
@Dienen you drunk or just stringing random words together?
Sep 20, 4:27 PM

Oct 2018
Currently, the best studio is Science SARU.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Sep 20, 4:31 PM

Sep 2018
I would put A1 in the top if I had to pick 1.
Sep 20, 4:31 PM

Nov 2020
Madhouse, the amount of masterpieces/hits on their account is overwhelming.
Sep 20, 4:38 PM

Dec 2020
If we are talknug about pure consistent excelence probably Madhouse.
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
- Maho Hiyajo (Steins;Gate 0)
Sep 20, 4:40 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to StewedBeefHaunch
I think GOLD BEAR has a pretty good track record as a company. Just banger after banger.
@StewedBeefHaunch I see what you did there. ROFLMAO. But you & I both know that isn't what the OP meant.
Sep 20, 5:18 PM

May 2015
Reply to Phosphophyllita
Currently, the best studio is Science SARU.
@Phosphophyllita As much as I love Science Saru (Kimi no Iro can't come soon enough) I'd still have to give KyoAni the top spot.
Sep 20, 5:24 PM
Jun 2021
If you're into mecha then it's definitely Sunrise. They kept a relatively consistent level of quality for close to 30 years which is no small stretch of time.
2010s kinda ruin that stretch, but to be honest mecha as a genre hasn't been in a good position. Lack of 2D animators (and especially good 2D animators) is nowadays an industry-wide problem.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Sep 20, 8:37 PM

May 2016
@KeepCalmAndMal Newbie? I know you didn’t say that. A1 Picture’s still underrated in the sense that they don’t really get the respect they deserve. I hardly see anyone glazing A1-Pictures. Aniplex one of the best producers of anime
Sep 20, 8:39 PM

May 2016
Reply to TheMechaManiac
If you're into mecha then it's definitely Sunrise. They kept a relatively consistent level of quality for close to 30 years which is no small stretch of time.
2010s kinda ruin that stretch, but to be honest mecha as a genre hasn't been in a good position. Lack of 2D animators (and especially good 2D animators) is nowadays an industry-wide problem.
@TheMechaManiac Bro! I can’t wait for Sunrise to make the new Macross series! We gonna get Love Live quality performances.
Sep 20, 8:42 PM

May 2016
Reply to DarkFirefly72
If we are talknug about pure consistent excelence probably Madhouse.
@DarkFirefly72 I love Madhouse, but I remember there being a period in time when Madhouse was in quite a slump
Sep 20, 8:50 PM

Feb 2016
I think it's Kyoto Animation, though I'm surprised nobody has answered with Ghibli yet.
その目だれの目?
Sep 20, 8:55 PM

Nov 2019
All time I would vote Madhouse. Too many hits and obscure gems of theirs that slap.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
The 50 Anime You Should Watch Before You Die
Sep 20, 9:24 PM

Sep 2020
Currently it's Mappa they produced lots of banger anime.
Sep 20, 9:28 PM

Jul 2021
kyoani is the only correct answer..

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 21, 12:04 AM

May 2024
Science Saru by far. I would've said Kyoani if I actually liked the anime they make, but I don't.
Sep 21, 12:08 AM

Feb 2020
"What anime studio has the best track record for consistent bangers?"

- Doga Kobo
- SILVER LINK.:
Sep 21, 12:08 AM

Jan 2009
madhouse is considered a western focus studio especially decades ago so them because western fans love them
Sep 21, 12:38 AM

Sep 2016
Sep 21, 1:21 AM

Apr 2012
Got to be KyoAni. Used to be GAINAX until they went crap.

Ghibli are consistent, but they don't really do "bangers", they mostly just do very ordinary stories, and simply do them very well. Though I haven't seen most of their recent stuff.
Sep 21, 2:23 AM

Jan 2024
Doga Kobo is very underrated for what they do.

Studio Bind doesn't do anything except MT so that's why everything is masterpiece.
Sep 21, 2:53 AM

Sep 2016
WaterMage said:
Studio Bind doesn't do anything except MT so that's why everything is masterpiece.

Damn, they even adapted Onimai which is fantastically animated.

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Sep 21, 3:11 AM
Yamete!

Apr 2016
I would probably go with Kyoto Animation.
Sep 21, 3:14 AM

Jun 2020
Madhouse they do have 2 or 3 bad anime but with amount of good things they produce its okay. Even now they have three anime lined up for upcoming season and all of them look interesting and different.
Sep 21, 3:19 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
WaterMage said:

Damn, they even adapted Onimai which is fantastically animated.

@Zarutaku yes I heard about it and seems very intresting to say the least, will watch it (soon...)
Sep 21, 4:49 AM

Jul 2024
Madhouse, wit studio, A1 pictures, jc staffs, and everyone's favorite kyoani.
Sep 21, 7:30 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to TheMechaManiac
@TheMechaManiac came to say it, but also from my knowledge they also have other successful anime outside of mecha too

Gainax also has many successful and good anime
Sep 21, 7:40 AM
Apr 2019
I believe kyoani is top on the list. Like every anime they make is just very consistently good and okay. Not like some random plot or anything
Sep 21, 7:44 AM

Jan 2021
If we talk about the quality of the anime, as in the work put in by the studio, then Ufotable, Kyo ani, Bones and Wit are the most consistent ones. Bones can miss sometimes but they have been producing the most high quality anime for years.
After this, I would go with Madhouse, A1/Cloverworks and Doga Kobo.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 21, 7:45 AM

Jan 2021
Ghibli

Madhouse

KyoAni

Shaft

There's a few others who would probably be included if I'd just seen more of their stuff: Sunrise, Production I.G, Science SARU, and others.

Sep 21, 7:53 AM

Aug 2021
Madhouse and Bones.
(30 characters limit)

Sep 21, 7:58 AM

Apr 2021
Madhouse

.....Character limit.....
Sep 21, 8:06 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Historically, Madhouse. All the talented people in the industry worked in a Madhouse production at some point.

Currently, WIT. They're single-handedly keeping original anime alive.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 21, 8:19 AM

Jun 2011
Toei animation and JC Staff are two of my favorite animation studios, they just know exactly what I like. Bones is really good too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 21, 8:25 AM

May 2015
Reply to BatoKusanagi
Historically, Madhouse. All the talented people in the industry worked in a Madhouse production at some point.

Currently, WIT. They're single-handedly keeping original anime alive.
@BatoKusanagi you seem to be confusing WIT with PA Works. WITs made a total of 5 original anime
Sep 21, 9:19 AM

May 2016
@KeepCalmAndMal
KeepCalmAndMal said:
I don't know if you follow any anime news, or doesn't caught up with the anime trends, but A1-Pictures always deliver high-quality anime enough to be respected and get a HUGE NUMBER of following both in Japan and worldwide.

My entire thread was about who makes the most consistent bangers so you do agree with me that they are consistent? Like I said you don’t really see people praising A1-Pictures like they do studios like Mappa, Madhouse, Kyoto Animation, and etc.

KeepCalmAndMal said:
Ever heard of the overhyped Solo Leveling this year? "Arise"? Or the new anime MakeIne?
. Solo Leveling wasn’t hyped up because of A1-Pictures it was hyped up because of the source material. As for Makeine the show was barely even in the top 10 most anticipated anime of the summer season prior to it airing. https://anitrendz.net/news/2024/06/29/list-the-most-anticipated-anime-of-summer-2024/
Sep 21, 9:37 AM

Mar 2021
Madhouse. There are several anime I liked from the studio, three of my favs are from Madhouse.
Sep 21, 9:42 AM

Nov 2021
I don’t think any studio can surpass the legacy of madhouse, they are still producing bangers to this day, where mappa is degraded version of madhouse

Ghibli studio and Kyo ani are also up there.
Sep 21, 9:46 AM

Feb 2021
CloverWorks and A-1 Pictures I would say.
Sep 21, 9:57 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to RainyEvenings
Madhouse, wit studio, A1 pictures, jc staffs, and everyone's favorite kyoani.
Bro, this is the McDonald's of the anime world...You have lousy taste, dude
Sep 21, 10:04 AM

May 2016
Reply to Swyzen
Bro, this is the McDonald's of the anime world...You have lousy taste, dude
@Swyzen Why do you think that? They’re one of the legacy anime studios out there
Sep 21, 10:15 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Reshiram_IX
@Swyzen Why do you think that? They’re one of the legacy anime studios out there
@Reshiram_IX They produce mediocrity quite often. I'm not saying it's bad
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why I won't check out anime based on PC visual novels

littlepaul1002 - 3 hours ago

12 by Lucifrost »»
16 minutes ago

» Is your waifu inspired by other waifus?

Catalano - 3 hours ago

9 by Shizuna »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » is the word "disney" plot or story a valid criticism?

deg - 8 hours ago

28 by luisfunes99 »»
30 minutes ago

» Why doesn't Hollywood take risk anymore unlike the anime industry? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Yesterday

50 by JaniSIr »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » bad ending means a bad show?

deg - 9 hours ago

24 by Xypheron »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.